Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Locale: Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Dupont C, Rigoulet M, Aigle M, Guerin B. Isolation and genetic study of triethyltin-resistant mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 1990;17:465-72 pubmed
- Simonyan L, Légiot A, Lascu I, Durand G, Giraud M, Gonzalez C, et al. The substitution of Proline 168 favors Bax oligomerization and stimulates its interaction with LUVs and mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1859:1144-1155 pubmed publisher..Bax-P168A was not more efficient than wild-type Bax to permeabilize liposomes to small molecules but was more prone to release cytochrome c from mitochondria. ..
- Lefebvre F, Prouzet Mauleon V, Hugues M, Crouzet M, Vieillemard A, McCusker D, et al. Secretory pathway-dependent localization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rho GTPase-activating protein Rgd1p at growth sites. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:590-600 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that secretory vesicles are involved in the delivery of RhoGAP Rgd1p to the bud tip and bud neck. ..
- D Angelo F, Vignaud H, Di Martino J, Salin B, Devin A, Cullin C, et al. A yeast model for amyloid-? aggregation exemplifies the role of membrane trafficking and PICALM in cytotoxicity. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:206-16 pubmed publisher..Finally, our model demonstrates the capacity for intracellular A? to cross intracellular membranes and target mitochondrial organelles. ..
- Roumanie O, Peypouquet M, Thoraval D, Doignon F, Crouzet M. Functional interactions between the VRP1-LAS17 and RHO3-RHO4 genes involved in actin cytoskeleton organization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2002;40:317-25 pubmed..In addition, other observations lead us to propose that Rvs167p may act as a linking protein between the two cellular elements. ..
- Gangloff S, Marguet D, Lauquin G. Molecular cloning of the yeast mitochondrial aconitase gene (ACO1) and evidence of a synergistic regulation of expression by glucose plus glutamate. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:3551-61 pubmed..Disruption of the gene by deletion-insertion led to glutamate auxotrophy. Expression of the aconitase gene was sensitive to glucose repression and was synergistically down regulated by glucose and glutamate. ..
- Pinson B, Gabrielsen O, Daignan Fornier B. Redox regulation of AMP synthesis in yeast: a role of the Bas1p and Bas2p transcription factors. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:1460-9 pubmed..This hypothesis was further substantiated in a two hybrid experiment showing that Bas1p/Bas2p interaction is affected by oxidative stress. ..
- Massoni Laporte A, Perrot M, Ponger L, Boucherie H, Guieysse Peugeot A. Proteome analysis of a CTR9 deficient yeast strain suggests that Ctr9 has function(s) independent of the Paf1 complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1824:759-68 pubmed publisher..This role could be linked to its ability to bind to DNA complex structures as triplexes that may have function in regulation of gene expression. ..
- Claret S, Roumanie O, Prouzet Mauleon V, Lefebvre F, Thoraval D, Crouzet M, et al. Evidence for functional links between the Rgd1-Rho3 RhoGAP-GTPase module and Tos2, a protein involved in polarized growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2011;11:179-91 pubmed publisher..We propose that Tos2p, a protein involved in polarized growth and most probably associated with the plasma membrane, modulates the action of Rgd1p and Rho3p in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Roumanie O, Weinachter C, Larrieu I, Crouzet M, Doignon F. Functional characterization of the Bag7, Lrg1 and Rgd2 RhoGAP proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2001;506:149-56 pubmed..In addition, we brought the first evidence for the existence of a sixth functional Rho in yeast, the Cdc42/Rac-like GTPase Rho5. ..
- Talarek N, Maillet L, Cullin C, Aigle M. The [URE3] prion is not conserved among Saccharomyces species. Genetics. 2005;171:23-34 pubmed..Our data therefore demonstrate that [URE3] is conserved only in a subset of Saccharomyces species. Implications of our finding on the physiological and evolutionary meaning of the yeast [URE3] prion are discussed. ..
- Giraud M, Paumard P, Soubannier V, Vaillier J, Arselin G, Salin B, et al. Is there a relationship between the supramolecular organization of the mitochondrial ATP synthase and the formation of cristae?. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1555:174-80 pubmed..We provide a model in which the mitochondrial ATP synthase is a key element in cristae morphogenesis. ..
- Brethes D, Chirio M, Napias C, Chevallier M, Lavie J, Chevallier J. In vivo and in vitro studies of the purine-cytosine permease of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Functional analysis of a mutant with an altered apparent transport constant of uptake. Eur J Biochem. 1992;204:699-704 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that modification in the Ktapp of uptake in the strain carrying fcy2-21 allele is merely due to a modification of the binding ability of the permease for its ligands. ..
- Manon S, Guerin M. Modifications of oxidative phosphorylations in mitochondria isolated from a mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Possible alterations of the phosphate transport. Eur J Biochem. 1988;172:205-11 pubmed..It is proposed that the phosphate carrier itself or a regulatory element was modified. ..
- Louvet O, Roumanie O, Barthe C, Peypouquet M, Schaeffer J, Doignon F, et al. Characterization of the ORF YBR264c in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which encodes a new yeast Ypt that is degraded by a proteasome-dependent mechanism. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:589-600 pubmed..In addition, degradation of the Ypt10 protein, which possesses a PEST sequence, is shown to be dependent on proteasome activity. ..
- Navarro P, Durrens P, Aigle M. Protein-protein interaction between the RVS161 and RVS167 gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1343:187-92 pubmed..Moreover, if a tagged Rvs 167p protein was immuno adsorbed under non-denaturing conditions, it brought along the Rvs161p protein. These results confirmed the hypothesis of an in vivo complex between the two proteins. ..
- Laporte D, Salin B, Daignan Fornier B, Sagot I. Reversible cytoplasmic localization of the proteasome in quiescent yeast cells. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:737-45 pubmed publisher..Finally, we observe conserved formation and mobilization of these PSGs in the evolutionary distant yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. This conservation implies a broad significance for these proteasome reserves. ..
- Moretto F, Sagot I, Daignan Fornier B, Pinson B. A pharmaco-epistasis strategy reveals a new cell size controlling pathway in yeast. Mol Syst Biol. 2013;9:707 pubmed publisher..This study sheds light on a pathway of >50 genes and illustrates how pharmaco-epistasis applied to yeast offers a potent experimental framework to explore complex genotype/phenotype relationships...
- Michon T, Galante M, Velours J. NH2-terminal sequence of the isolated yeast ATP synthase subunit 6 reveals post-translational cleavage. Eur J Biochem. 1988;172:621-5 pubmed..Thus, mature subunit 6 contains 249 amino acid residues and displays a molecular mass of 27943 Da. ..
- Sivadon P, Peypouquet M, Doignon F, Aigle M, Crouzet M. Cloning of the multicopy suppressor gene SUR7: evidence for a functional relationship between the yeast actin-binding protein Rvs167 and a putative membranous protein. Yeast. 1997;13:747-61 pubmed..Moreover, the putative transmembranous character of Sur7p suggests a membrane localization of the Rvs function, a localization which is consistent with the different rvs phenotypes and the actin-Rvs167p interaction. ..
- Mouassite M, Camougrand N, Schwob E, Demaison G, Laclau M, Guerin M. The 'SUN' family: yeast SUN4/SCW3 is involved in cell septation. Yeast. 2000;16:905-19 pubmed..Our data suggest that Sun4p and Uth1p might contribute to the regulated process of cell wall morphogenesis and septation. ..
- Breton A, Pinson B, Coulpier F, Giraud M, Dautant A, Daignan Fornier B. Lethal accumulation of guanylic nucleotides in Saccharomyces cerevisiae HPT1-deregulated mutants. Genetics. 2008;178:815-24 pubmed publisher..Importantly, neither guanylic nucleotide toxicity nor its suppression by Rfx1p was associated with an alteration of forward mutation frequency. ..
- Balguerie A, Sivadon P, Bonneu M, Aigle M. Rvs167p, the budding yeast homolog of amphiphysin, colocalizes with actin patches. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 15):2529-37 pubmed..Finally, the amphiphysin-conserved N-terminal domain of Rvs167p, called the BAR domain, was required but not sufficient for the correct localization of the protein. ..
- Paumard P, Vaillier J, Coulary B, Schaeffer J, Soubannier V, Mueller D, et al. The ATP synthase is involved in generating mitochondrial cristae morphology. EMBO J. 2002;21:221-30 pubmed
- Talarek N, Balguerie A, Aigle M, Durrens P. A novel link between a rab GTPase and Rvs proteins: the yeast amphiphysin homologues. Cell Biochem Funct. 2005;23:253-66 pubmed..Altogether, these data support the hypothesis that both Rvsp proteins act in vesicular traffic through physical and functional interactions with Ypt/Rab regulators. ..
- Spannagel C, Vaillier J, Arselin G, Graves P, Velours J. The subunit f of mitochondrial yeast ATP synthase--characterization of the protein and disruption of the structural gene ATP17. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:1111-7 pubmed..The null mutant mitochondria were devoid of oligomycin-sensitive ATPase, but still contained an active F1, while the subunits f, 6 and 8 were absent. ..
- Pinson B, Vaur S, Sagot I, Coulpier F, Lemoine S, Daignan Fornier B. Metabolic intermediates selectively stimulate transcription factor interaction and modulate phosphate and purine pathways. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1399-407 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that Bas1p and Pho4p compete for Pho2p binding, hence leading to the concerted regulation of cellular nucleotide synthesis and phosphate consumption. ..
- Beauvoit B, Bunoust O, Guerin B, Rigoulet M. ATP-regulation of cytochrome oxidase in yeast mitochondria: role of subunit VIa. Eur J Biochem. 1999;263:118-27 pubmed..This study opens up new prospects for understanding the feedback regulation of the respiratory chain by ATP. ..
- Paumard P, Vaillier J, Napias C, Arselin G, Brethes D, Graves P, et al. Environmental study of subunit i, a F(o) component of the yeast ATP synthase. Biochemistry. 2000;39:4199-205 pubmed
- Brethes D, Napias C, Torchut E, Chevallier J. Purine-cytosine permease of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Effect of external pH on nucleobase uptake and binding. Eur J Biochem. 1992;210:785-91 pubmed..9). The pK of this group remained similar to the value obtained with pAB4 when hypoxanthine was bound. From these data, it is proposed that the binding of hypoxanthine and H+ is a random process. ..
- Lefebvre Legendre L, Vaillier J, Benabdelhak H, Velours J, Slonimski P, di Rago J. Identification of a nuclear gene (FMC1) required for the assembly/stability of yeast mitochondrial F(1)-ATPase in heat stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6789-96 pubmed..However, unlike Atp12p and Atp11p, Fmc1p is not required in normal growth conditions (28--30 degrees C). We propose that Fmc1p is required for the proper folding/stability or functioning of Atp12p in heat stress conditions. ..
- Ferreira T, Chevallier J, Paumard P, Napias C, Brethes D. Screening of an intragenic second-site suppressor of purine-cytosine permease from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Possible role of Ser272 in the base translocation process. Eur J Biochem. 1999;260:22-30 pubmed..The location and the observed decrease in the turnover of the carrier observed with the S272 L change lead us to propose that S272 could be part of a hydrophilic pore involved in the translocation of the base and/or the proton. ..
- Vaillier J, Arselin G, Graves P, Camougrand N, Velours J. Isolation of supernumerary yeast ATP synthase subunits e and i. Characterization of subunit i and disruption of its structural gene ATP18. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:543-8 pubmed
- Couzin N, Trezeguet V, Le Saux A, Lauquin G. Cloning of the gene encoding the mitochondrial adenine nucleotide carrier of Schizosaccharomyces pombe by functional complementation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene. 1996;171:113-7 pubmed..Hybridization experiments with ordered libraries of Sp genomic DNA led to the physical mapping (chromosome II, NotI-B region) and the isolation of the Sp ANC1 gene. We also conclude that a single-copy gene encodes the Sp Anc. ..
- Dupont C, Rigoulet M, Beauvoit B, Guerin B. Mitochondrial modifications in a single nuclear mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae affected in cAMP-dependent protein phosphorylation. Curr Genet. 1990;17:507-13 pubmed..It is also possible that the modification in cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulation which appeared to occur in this mutant affects protein(s) involved in mitochondrial biogenesis. ..