Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mitochondria in Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Locale: Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
- Vital A, Vital C. Mitochondria and peripheral neuropathies. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012;71:1036-46 pubmed publisher..Also noticeable are clusters of regenerating myelinated fibers surrounded by concentric Schwann cell processes, and such onion bulb-like formations are frequently observed in neuropathies caused by GDAP1 mutations. ..
- Gangloff S, Marguet D, Lauquin G. Molecular cloning of the yeast mitochondrial aconitase gene (ACO1) and evidence of a synergistic regulation of expression by glucose plus glutamate. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:3551-61 pubmed..Disruption of the gene by deletion-insertion led to glutamate auxotrophy. Expression of the aconitase gene was sensitive to glucose repression and was synergistically down regulated by glucose and glutamate. ..
- Bellance N, Lestienne P, Rossignol R. Mitochondria: from bioenergetics to the metabolic regulation of carcinogenesis. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2009;14:4015-34 pubmed..Accordingly, several mitochondrial DNA mutations were reported in tumors, and the construction of cybrids recently demonstrated their role in the control of tumor progression. ..
- Bustos D, Velours J. The modification of the conserved GXXXG motif of the membrane-spanning segment of subunit g destabilizes the supramolecular species of yeast ATP synthase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29004-10 pubmed
- Kissová I, Deffieu M, Manon S, Camougrand N. Uth1p is involved in the autophagic degradation of mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39068-74 pubmed..These data show that, although the autophagic machinery was fully functional in the absence of Uth1p, this protein is involved in the autophagic degradation of mitochondria. ..
- Paumard P, Vaillier J, Coulary B, Schaeffer J, Soubannier V, Mueller D, et al. The ATP synthase is involved in generating mitochondrial cristae morphology. EMBO J. 2002;21:221-30 pubmed
- Spannagel C, Vaillier J, Arselin G, Graves P, Velours J. The subunit f of mitochondrial yeast ATP synthase--characterization of the protein and disruption of the structural gene ATP17. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:1111-7 pubmed..The null mutant mitochondria were devoid of oligomycin-sensitive ATPase, but still contained an active F1, while the subunits f, 6 and 8 were absent. ..
- Manon S, Guerin M. Modifications of oxidative phosphorylations in mitochondria isolated from a mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Possible alterations of the phosphate transport. Eur J Biochem. 1988;172:205-11 pubmed..It is proposed that the phosphate carrier itself or a regulatory element was modified. ..
- Imasawa T, Rossignol R. Podocyte energy metabolism and glomerular diseases. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:2109-18 pubmed publisher..In the future, understanding these mechanisms will open up new areas of treatment for glomerular diseases. ..
- Bellance N, Benard G, Furt F, Begueret H, Smolkova K, Passerieux E, et al. Bioenergetics of lung tumors: alteration of mitochondrial biogenesis and respiratory capacity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2566-77 pubmed publisher..Our data give a better characterization of lung cancer cells' metabolic alterations which are essential for growth and survival. They designate mitochondrial biogenesis as a possible target for anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Renault T, Teijido O, Antonsson B, Dejean L, Manon S. Regulation of Bax mitochondrial localization by Bcl-2 and Bcl-x(L): keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:64-7 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Directed Issue entitled: Bioenergetic dysfunction, adaptation and therapy. ..
- Bertholet A, Delerue T, Millet A, Moulis M, David C, Daloyau M, et al. Mitochondrial fusion/fission dynamics in neurodegeneration and neuronal plasticity. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;90:3-19 pubmed publisher..e. DRP1,MFN1-2, and OPA1 as well as on GDAP1, a protein of the mitochondrial outer membrane preferentially expressed in neurons. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Mitochondria & Brain. ..
- Simonyan L, Légiot A, Lascu I, Durand G, Giraud M, Gonzalez C, et al. The substitution of Proline 168 favors Bax oligomerization and stimulates its interaction with LUVs and mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1859:1144-1155 pubmed publisher..Bax-P168A was not more efficient than wild-type Bax to permeabilize liposomes to small molecules but was more prone to release cytochrome c from mitochondria. ..
- Hébert Chatelain E, Jose C, Gutiérrez Cortés N, Dupuy J, Rocher C, Dachary Prigent J, et al. Preservation of NADH ubiquinone-oxidoreductase activity by Src kinase-mediated phosphorylation of NDUFB10. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:718-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the preservation of complex I function by mitochondrial Src kinase could be important in the development of the overall phenotype of cancer. ..
- Beurg M, Nam J, Chen Q, Fettiplace R. Calcium balance and mechanotransduction in rat cochlear hair cells. J Neurophysiol. 2010;104:18-34 pubmed publisher..The model also indicated the endogenous mobile buffer was equivalent to 1 mM BAPTA...
- Lefebvre Legendre L, Vaillier J, Benabdelhak H, Velours J, Slonimski P, di Rago J. Identification of a nuclear gene (FMC1) required for the assembly/stability of yeast mitochondrial F(1)-ATPase in heat stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6789-96 pubmed..However, unlike Atp12p and Atp11p, Fmc1p is not required in normal growth conditions (28--30 degrees C). We propose that Fmc1p is required for the proper folding/stability or functioning of Atp12p in heat stress conditions. ..
- Dupont C, Rigoulet M, Beauvoit B, Guerin B. Mitochondrial modifications in a single nuclear mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae affected in cAMP-dependent protein phosphorylation. Curr Genet. 1990;17:507-13 pubmed..It is also possible that the modification in cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulation which appeared to occur in this mutant affects protein(s) involved in mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Boissan M, Montagnac G, Shen Q, Griparic L, Guitton J, Romao M, et al. Membrane trafficking. Nucleoside diphosphate kinases fuel dynamin superfamily proteins with GTP for membrane remodeling. Science. 2014;344:1510-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, NDPKs interact with and provide GTP to dynamins, allowing these motor proteins to work with high thermodynamic efficiency. ..
- Couzin N, Trezeguet V, Le Saux A, Lauquin G. Cloning of the gene encoding the mitochondrial adenine nucleotide carrier of Schizosaccharomyces pombe by functional complementation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene. 1996;171:113-7 pubmed..Hybridization experiments with ordered libraries of Sp genomic DNA led to the physical mapping (chromosome II, NotI-B region) and the isolation of the Sp ANC1 gene. We also conclude that a single-copy gene encodes the Sp Anc. ..