Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Locale: Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Publications530 found, 100 shown here
- Narasimhan Janakiraman V, Noubhani A, Venkataraman K, Vijayalakshmi M, Santarelli X. High yield of recombinant human Apolipoprotein A-I expressed in Pichia pastoris by using mixed-mode chromatography. Biotechnol J. 2016;11:117-26 pubmed publisher..This two-step process would reduce processing times and therefore costs in comparison to the twelve-step procedure currently used for recovering rhApoA1 from P. pastoris. ..
- Wolffsohn J, Calossi A, Cho P, Gifford K, Jones L, Li M, et al. Global trends in myopia management attitudes and strategies in clinical practice. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2016;39:106-16 pubmed publisher..In view of the increasing prevalence of myopia and existing evidence for interventions to slow myopia progression, clear guidelines for myopia management need to be established. ..
- Orré M, Latorzeff I, Flechon A, Roubaud G, Brouste V, Gaston R, et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy after radical cystectomy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: A retrospective multicenter study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174978 pubmed publisher..Adjuvant RT is feasible and may have oncological benefits. Prospective trials evaluating this approach with current RT techniques should be undertaken. ..
- Thiery Vuillemin A, Orillard E, Mouillet G, Calcagno F, Devillard N, Bouchet S, et al. Hemodialysis does not impact axitinib exposure: clinical case of a patient with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:1273-1276 pubmed publisher..These results are in line with previous publications discussing other anti-angiogenic tyrosine kinase inhibitors pharmacokinetics, safety and activity among patients with metastatic RCC undergoing hemodialysis. ..
- Qu K, Zaba L, Satpathy A, Giresi P, Li R, Jin Y, et al. Chromatin Accessibility Landscape of Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma and Dynamic Response to HDAC Inhibitors. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:27-41.e4 pubmed publisher..These results provide a foundational framework to study personal regulomes in human cancer and epigenetic therapy. ..
- Manduca A, Bara A, Larrieu T, Lassalle O, Joffre C, Layé S, et al. Amplification of mGlu5-Endocannabinoid Signaling Rescues Behavioral and Synaptic Deficits in a Mouse Model of Adolescent and Adult Dietary Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Imbalance. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6851-6868 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for the identification of nutritional risk for disease and the design of new treatments for the behavioral deficits associated with nutritional n-3 PUFAs' imbalance. ..
- Sabia S, Dugravot A, Dartigues J, Abell J, Elbaz A, Kivimaki M, et al. Physical activity, cognitive decline, and risk of dementia: 28 year follow-up of Whitehall II cohort study. BMJ. 2017;357:j2709 pubmed publisher..Previous findings showing a lower risk of dementia in physically active people may be attributable to reverse causation-that is, due to a decline in physical activity levels in the preclinical phase of dementia. ..
- Janky E, Poirier L, Hocke C, Leng J, Sangla N, Meynard J. [Use of etilefrin as local vasoconstrictor in lower gynecologic surgery ]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 1991;20:661-4 pubmed..Systolic BP was also elevated in that group (P less than 0.03, chi 2 test). Moderate reduction in heart rate was observed in both groups (P less than 0.3, Fischer test), but severe (48 beats/min) bradycardia was noted in one G2 patient...
- Bonnet F, Bonarek M, Morlat P, Mercie P, Dupon M, Gemain M, et al. Risk factors for lactic acidosis in HIV-infected patients treated with nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors: a case-control study. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;36:1324-8 pubmed
- Vargas F, Bui H, Boyer A, Salmi L, Gbikpi Benissan G, Guénard H, et al. Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation in acute exacerbations of COPD patients with mild respiratory acidosis: a randomized controlled trial [ISRCTN17802078]. Crit Care. 2005;9:R382-9 pubmed
- Semjen F, Bordes M, Cros A. Intubation of infants with Pierre Robin syndrome: the use of the paraglossal approach combined with a gum-elastic bougie in six consecutive cases. Anaesthesia. 2008;63:147-50 pubmed publisher..However, a fibreoptic bronchoscope and an anaesthetist trained in fibreoptic intubation must still be present when dealing with severe Pierre Robin syndrome infants...
- Chaigne Delalande B, Moreau J, Legembre P. Rewinding the DISC. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2008;56:9-14 pubmed publisher..However, the accurate molecular ordering upstream from the formation of DISC remains very puzzling and is highly debated. Herein we review some of the factors that would potentially facilitate or limit the formation of the DISC. ..
- Roullet S, Nouette Gaulain K, Brochet B, Sztark F. [Phantom limb pain: from physiopathology to prevention]. Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2009;28:460-72 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological preventive treatments as well as regional anaesthesia techniques have equivalent results. Such treatments must be investigated more precisely as postoperative rehabilitation of amputees mostly depends on pain relief. ..
- Delcourt C, Korobelnik J, Barberger Gateau P, Delyfer M, Rougier M, Le Goff M, et al. Nutrition and age-related eye diseases: the Alienor (Antioxydants, Lipides Essentiels, Nutrition et maladies OculaiRes) Study. J Nutr Health Aging. 2010;14:854-61 pubmed..It may help design future interventional studies, which might be common with other age-related disorders, because of common nutritional factors. ..
- Quan G, Vital J, Hansen S, Pointillart V. Eight-year clinical and radiological follow-up of the Bryan cervical disc arthroplasty. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011;36:639-46 pubmed publisher..However, the incidence of heterotopic ossification causing restricted range of movement of the prosthesis appears to increase with time, especially in bilevel procedures. ..
- Lacombe D, Germain D, Papaxanthos Roche A. [Azoospermia as a new feature of Fabry disease]. Rev Med Interne. 2010;31 Suppl 2:S214-6 pubmed publisher..As we do not know the efficacy of the agalsidase therapy on the genital issue of the Fabry disease, consideration of sperm cryopreservation is suggested...
- Vital A, Latour P, Solé G, Ferrer X, Rouanet M, Tison F, et al. A French family with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease related to simultaneous heterozygous MFN2 and GDAP1 mutations. Neuromuscul Disord. 2012;22:735-41 pubmed publisher..R120W GDAP1 variant, leads to a severe neuropathy. This supports the emerging hypothesis of cumulative effects of MFN2 and GDAP1 mutation. ..
- Dehay B, Ramirez A, Martinez Vicente M, Perier C, Canron M, Doudnikoff E, et al. Loss of P-type ATPase ATP13A2/PARK9 function induces general lysosomal deficiency and leads to Parkinson disease neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9611-6 pubmed publisher..Our results unravel an instrumental role of ATP13A2 deficiency on lysosomal function and cell viability and demonstrate the feasibility and therapeutic potential of modulating ATP13A2 levels in the context of PD. ..
- Amieva H, Mokri H, Le Goff M, Meillon C, Jacqmin Gadda H, Foubert Samier A, et al. Compensatory mechanisms in higher-educated subjects with Alzheimer's disease: a study of 20 years of cognitive decline. Brain. 2014;137:1167-75 pubmed publisher..In contrast, higher education protects against further cognitive decline for ?7 years until pathology becomes more severe. ..
- Glorieux C, Auquier J, Dejeans N, Sid B, Demoulin J, Bertrand L, et al. Catalase expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells is mainly controlled by PI3K/Akt/mTor signaling pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;89:217-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FoxO3a does not appear to play a critical role in the regulation of catalase expression in both cancer cells. Only MCF-7 cells are sensitive and dependent on PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling. ..
- Nicolas K, Hubert L, LeclÃ¨re F, Etienne M, Robert M. Stroke from an External Carotid: Lesion Pattern and Mechanisms. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;32:129.e13-5 pubmed publisher..An external carotid thromboendarterectomy was performed 6 days after symptom onset, and intraoperative findings confirmed the plaque rupture with an extensive clot in the carotid bifurcation. ..
- Cachulo M, LaÃns I, Lobo C, Figueira J, Ribeiro L, Marques J, et al. Age-related macular degeneration in Portugal: prevalence and risk factors in a coastal and an inland town. The Coimbra Eye Study - Report 2. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:e442-53 pubmed publisher..Further analysis will be needed to completely unravel the underlying reasons for this difference regarding geographic location. ..
- Campana F, Carvelli J, Fricain J, Vergier B, Boralevi F, Kaplanski G. [Reached multifocal secondary syphilis: A case presentation]. Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac Chir Orale. 2016;117:104-7 pubmed publisher..Serological diagnosis is based on the use of treponemal and a nontreponemal tests. Penicillin G remains the treatment of choice and must be adapted according to the clinical damage. ..
- Harmelin Y, Boineau D, Cardot Leccia N, Fontas E, Bahadoran P, Becker A, et al. Fractionated bipolar radiofrequency and bipolar radiofrequency potentiated by infrared light for treating striae: A prospective randomized, comparative trial with objective evaluation. Lasers Surg Med. 2016;48:245-53 pubmed publisher..Fractional bipolar radiofrequency, combined with bipolar radiofrequency potentiated by infrared light, is an effective treatment of both immature and mature striae of the abdomen. ..
- De Deurwaerdere P. Cariprazine:New dopamine biased agonist for neuropsychiatric disorders. Drugs Today (Barc). 2016;52:97-110 pubmed publisher..Side effects have been observed in humans, including extrapyramidal side effects and akathisia of mild to moderate intensity. ..
- Duron L, Cohen Aubart F, Diot E, Borie R, Abad S, Richez C, et al. Shrinking lung syndrome associated with systemic lupus erythematosus: A multicenter collaborative study of 15 new cases and a review of the 155 cases in the literature focusing on treatment response and long-term outcomes. Autoimmun Rev. 2016;15:994-1000 pubmed publisher..There is no proof of efficacy with immunosuppressive drugs for this entity. Rituximab can be discussed after failure of corticosteroids, as well as antalgics, theophylline and beta-mimetics. ..
- Galéra C, Taupiac E, Fraisse S, Naudion S, Toussaint E, Rooryck Thambo C, et al. Socio-behavioral characteristics of children with Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome. J Autism Dev Disord. 2009;39:1252-60 pubmed publisher..The presence of an identified CREBBP gene abnormality was possibly related to the motor difficulties through impaired motor skills learning. ..
- Labouyrie E, Dubus P, Groppi A, Mahon F, Ferrer J, Parrens M, et al. Expression of neurotrophins and their receptors in human bone marrow. Am J Pathol. 1999;154:405-15 pubmed..The local expression of neurotrophin genes suggests a wide range of paracrine and/or autocrine mode of action through their corresponding receptors within the bone marrow. ..
- Rooryck C, Roudaut C, Robine E, Müsebeck J, Arveiler B. Oculocutaneous albinism with TYRP1 gene mutations in a Caucasian patient. Pigment Cell Res. 2006;19:239-42 pubmed..106delT/p.Leu36X). This finding suggests that mutation screening should be extended to the TYRP1 gene in patients from all ethnic origins, at least in cases where no mutations have been identified in the other OCA genes...
- Naye F, Tréguer K, Soulet F, Faucheux C, Fedou S, Theze N, et al. Differential expression of two TEF-1 (TEAD) genes during Xenopus laevis development and in response to inducing factors. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:745-52 pubmed..In animal cap assay, the two genes are activated by bFGF but are differently regulated by BMP4, and the muscle regulatory factor Mef2d. ..
- Catros S, de Gabory L, Stoll D, Deminiere C, Fricain J. Use of gutta percha cores in CT scan imaging for patent nasopalatine duct. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008;37:1065-6 pubmed publisher..Gutta percha cores were inserted in nasopalatine ducts to improve their visualization on CT scans. This simple method enhances the diagnostic quality of these images so that surgery can be performed more precisely. ..
- Samimi S, Antignac C, Combe C, Lacombe D, Renaud Rougier M, Korobelnik J. Bilateral macular detachment caused by bilateral optic nerve malformation in a papillorenal syndrome due to a new PAX2 mutation. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2008;18:656-8 pubmed..Papillorenal syndrome is an autosomal dominant entity due to PAX2 gene mutation, involving optic nerve and renal malformations...
- Mehsen N, Barnetche T, Redonnet Vernhet I, Guerin V, Bentaberry F, Gonnet Gracia C, et al. Coagulopathies frequency in aseptic osteonecrosis patients. Joint Bone Spine. 2009;76:166-9 pubmed publisher..Our study did not demonstrate any implication of coagulopathies in AO susceptibility. Further studies are needed to investigate more precisely these features. ..
- Pham Ledard A, Prochazkova Carlotti M, Laharanne E, Vergier B, Jouary T, Beylot Barry M, et al. IRF4 gene rearrangements define a subgroup of CD30-positive cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: a study of 54 cases. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:816-25 pubmed publisher..Investigation of the biological pathways triggered by IRF4 rearrangements and/or expression in CTCL will provide a biological basis for IRF4-directed therapy. ..
- Ivanovic Z, Kovacevic Filipovic M, Jeanne M, Ardilouze L, Bertot A, Szyporta M, et al. CD34+ cells obtained from "good mobilizers" are more activated and exhibit lower ex vivo expansion efficiency than their counterparts from "poor mobilizers". Transfusion. 2010;50:120-7 pubmed publisher..A good response to G-CSF mobilization treatment is associated with a higher degree of proliferative and metabolic activation of mobilized CD34+ cells with a decrease in their expansion capacity. ..
- Bellera C, MacGrogan G, Debled M, De Lara C, Brouste V, Mathoulin Pelissier S. Variables with time-varying effects and the Cox model: some statistical concepts illustrated with a prognostic factor study in breast cancer. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2010;10:20 pubmed publisher..Detecting and accounting for time-varying effects provide insights on some specific time patterns, and on valuable biological information that could be missed otherwise. ..
- Zerbib F, Keywood C, Strabach G. Efficacy, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of a modified release formulation of ADX10059, a negative allosteric modulator of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5: an esophageal pH-impedance study in healthy subjects. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2010;22:859-65, e231 pubmed publisher..ADX10059 decreased reflux episodes in healthy subjects. The MR formulation is suitable for longer-term treatment to evaluate symptom control in GERD patients. ..
- Dehay B, Martinez Vicente M, Ramirez A, Perier C, Klein C, Vila M, et al. Lysosomal dysfunction in Parkinson disease: ATP13A2 gets into the groove. Autophagy. 2012;8:1389-91 pubmed publisher..Our results unravel an instrumental role of ATP13A2 in lysosomal function and in cell viability. Altogether, our results validate ATP13A2 as a likely therapeutic target against PD degeneration. ..
- Taouji S, Higa A, Delom F, Palcy S, Mahon F, Pasquet J, et al. Phosphorylation of serine palmitoyltransferase long chain-1 (SPTLC1) on tyrosine 164 inhibits its activity and promotes cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:17190-201 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide a mechanistic explanation for imatinib-mediated cell death and a novel avenue for therapeutic strategies. ..
- Fakhouri F, Delmas Y, Provot F, Barbet C, Karras A, Makdassi R, et al. Insights from the use in clinical practice of eculizumab in adult patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome affecting the native kidneys: an analysis of 19 cases. Am J Kidney Dis. 2014;63:40-8 pubmed publisher..Retrospective study and use of historical controls. Our data indicate that eculizumab improves kidney disease outcome in patients with aHUS. ..
- Dousset V, Maud M, Legoff M, Radat F, Brochet B, Dartigues J, et al. Probable medications overuse headaches: validation of a brief easy-to-use screening tool in a headache centre. J Headache Pain. 2013;14:81 pubmed publisher..2% and a specificity of 80%. This screening tool can detect pMOH with a sensitivity that could be of interest to screen patients in clinical practice and to pre-include patients for research as epidemiological studies. ..
- Bessède E, Lehours P, Labadi L, Bakiri S, Megraud F. Comparison of characteristics of patients infected by Campylobacter jejuni, Campylobacter coli, and Campylobacter fetus. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52:328-30 pubmed publisher..Campylobacter fetus infection occurred in much older patients and in hospitalized patients with a systemic disease. ..
- Commenges D, GÃ©gout Petit A. The stochastic system approach for estimating dynamic treatments effect. Lifetime Data Anal. 2015;21:561-78 pubmed publisher..Inference in mechanistic models is challenging, particularly from a numerical point of view, but these models can yield much richer and reliable results. ..
- Raymond A, Javary J, Breig O, Neaud V, Rosenbaum J. Reptin regulates insulin-stimulated Akt phosphorylation in hepatocellular carcinoma via the regulation of SHP-1/PTPN6. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:289-295 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the regulation of insulin sensitivity by Reptin contributes to its oncogenic action in the liver. ..
- Legembre P, Moreau P, Daburon S, Moreau J, Taupin J. Potentiation of Fas-mediated apoptosis by an engineered glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked Fas. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:329-39 pubmed..These results suggest that apoptosis induced by members of this ligand/receptors family may be differentially modulated through other and parallel signalling pathways. ..
- Lamireau T, Dubuisson L, Lepreux S, Bioulac Sage P, Fabre M, Rosenbaum J, et al. Abnormal hepatic expression of fibrillin-1 in children with cholestasis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:637-46 pubmed..Finally, in normal and pathologic tissues, fibrillin-1 was co-localized with its putative receptor alphaVbeta3 in sinusoids but not around biliary structures. ..
- Lavallé F, Pistre V, Alfandari B, Baudet J. [Compression of the deep motor branch of the ulnar nerve by a synovial cyst. A case report]. Chir Main. 2002;21:269-71 pubmed..The authors report a case of compression of the deep palmar branch of the ulnar nerve beyond the piso-uniform arch by a ganglion cyst. A review of the literature finds this pattern as uncommon...
- Bebear C, Renaudin H, Charron A, Clerc M, Pereyre S, Bebear C. DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV mutations in clinical isolates of Ureaplasma spp. and Mycoplasma hominis resistant to fluoroquinolones. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:3323-5 pubmed..Previously described mutations at positions 83 and 95 in GyrA (Escherichia coli numbering) and positions 80 and 87 in ParC were found. Unusual alterations were described at positions ParC 123 and 134...
- Ripert C. [Schistosomiasis due to Schistosoma intercalatum and urbanization in central Africa]. Bull Soc Pathol Exot. 2003;96:183-6 pubmed..intercalatum, urinary schistosomiasis has a tendency to supplant recto-sigmoidal schistosomiasis, especially in foci where hybridization between the two species of schistosomes is occurring. ..
- Konsman J, Vigues S, Mackerlova L, Bristow A, Blomqvist A. Rat brain vascular distribution of interleukin-1 type-1 receptor immunoreactivity: relationship to patterns of inducible cyclooxygenase expression by peripheral inflammatory stimuli. J Comp Neurol. 2004;472:113-29 pubmed
- Rome C, Loiseau H, Arsaut J, Roullot V, Couillaud F. Diversity of contactin mRNA in human brain tumors. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:774-85 pubmed..Thus, the polymorphism occurring within the non-coding part of the Contactin mRNA reveals new opportunities to explore deregulation that occurs during the oncogenic process. ..
- Hoerni B. [The delivery of bad news]. Rev Med Suisse. 2007;3:1024 pubmed
- Laumonier H, Bioulac Sage P, Laurent C, Zucman Rossi J, Balabaud C, Trillaud H. Hepatocellular adenomas: magnetic resonance imaging features as a function of molecular pathological classification. Hepatology. 2008;48:808-18 pubmed publisher..2%, and a specificity of 87.5% for the diagnosis of inflammatory HCA. HNF-1alpha-mutated HCAs and inflammatory HCAs were associated with specific MRI patterns related to diffuse fat repartition and sinusoidal dilatation, respectively. ..
- Arachiche A, Kerbiriou Nabias D, Garcin I, Letellier T, Dachary Prigent J. Rapid procoagulant phosphatidylserine exposure relies on high cytosolic calcium rather than on mitochondrial depolarization. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1883-9 pubmed publisher..Data further demonstrate that CsA prevents membrane scrambling by inhibiting the high [Ca(2+)](cyt) increase, independently of its effect on mitochondrial permeability transition pore. ..
- Catania C, Binder E, Cota D. mTORC1 signaling in energy balance and metabolic disease. Int J Obes (Lond). 2011;35:751-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we will critically discuss the potential relevance of this intracellular pathway as a therapeutic target for the treatment of metabolic disease. ..
- Gioia R, Leroy C, Drullion C, Lagarde V, Etienne G, Dulucq S, et al. Quantitative phosphoproteomics revealed interplay between Syk and Lyn in the resistance to nilotinib in chronic myeloid leukemia cells. Blood. 2011;118:2211-21 pubmed publisher..We conclude that an oncogenic signaling mediated by Lyn and Syk can bypass the need of Bcr-Abl in CML cells. Thus, targeting these kinases may be of therapeutic value to override imatinib or nilotinib resistance in CML. ..
- Masse K, Dale N. Purines as potential morphogens during embryonic development. Purinergic Signal. 2012;8:503-21 pubmed publisher..These patterns may provide a new way to assess the potential of purinergic signalling in developmental processes. ..
- Dejeans N, Pluquet O, Lhomond S, Grise F, Bouchecareilh M, Juin A, et al. Autocrine control of glioma cells adhesion and migration through IRE1?-mediated cleavage of SPARC mRNA. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4278-87 pubmed publisher..Our results also further support the crucial contribution of IRE1? to tumor growth, infiltration and invasion and extend the paradigm of secretome control in tumor microenvironment conditioning. ..
- Cornelis F, Lasserre A, Tourdias T, Deminiere C, Ferriere J, Le Bras Y, et al. Combined late gadolinium-enhanced and double-echo chemical-shift MRI help to differentiate renal oncocytomas with high central T2 signal intensity from renal cell carcinomas. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013;200:830-8 pubmed publisher..Absence of central area SI inversion or presence of a signal drop on chemical-shift imaging may rule out the diagnosis of oncocytoma. ..
- Rullier E, Denost Q, Vendrely V, Rullier A, Laurent C. Low rectal cancer: classification and standardization of surgery. Dis Colon Rectum. 2013;56:560-7 pubmed publisher..This new surgical classification should be used to standardize surgery and increase sphincter-preserving surgery in low rectal cancer. ..
- Sanchez Catalan M, Kaufling J, Georges F, Veinante P, Barrot M. The antero-posterior heterogeneity of the ventral tegmental area. Neuroscience. 2014;282:198-216 pubmed publisher..It controls VTA and substantia nigra dopamine cells, thus exerting a major influence on basal ganglia functions. This review highlights the need for a more comprehensive analysis of VTA heterogeneity. ..
- Eschalier R, Ploux S, Ritter P, HaÃ¯ssaguerre M, Ellenbogen K, Bordachar P. Nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay: Definitions, prognosis, and implications for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1071-9 pubmed publisher..A detailed study of the ECG and noninvasive study of ventricular electrical activation may enable clinicians to better identify patients with NICD who will respond to CRT. ..
- Klene C, Cony M, Plantin P, Sanciaume C, Legrain V, Taieb A, et al. [Lichenoid pityriasis (parapsoriasis guttata) in children. Report of 17 cases]. Ann Pediatr (Paris). 1991;38:469-75 pubmed..No truly effective therapy is available. However, oral macrolides can be used especially in patients with early manifestations suggesting an infectious disease. Emollients, heliotherapy and ultraviolet therapy may also be recommended. ..
- Bolzinger T, Ducombs G, Labreze C, Taieb A, Maleville J. [Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis in a child and epicutaneous tests with mercurials]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 1993;120:223-5 pubmed..Mercury and its derivatives should be limited as much as possible in medicine and cosmetology. ..
- Orgogozo J, Gilman S, Dartigues J, Laurent B, Puel M, Kirby L, et al. Subacute meningoencephalitis in a subset of patients with AD after Abeta42 immunization. Neurology. 2003;61:46-54 pubmed..Potential mechanisms such as T-cell and microglial activation may be responsible and are under consideration to develop a safer anti-Abeta immunotherapy for AD. ..
- Ged C, Megarbane H, Chouery E, Lalanne M, Megarbane A, de Verneuil H. Congenital erythropoietic porphyria: report of a novel mutation with absence of clinical manifestations in a homozygous mutant sibling. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:589-91 pubmed..We then draw hypotheses to explain the protective phenotype in the homozygous healthy subject. ..
- Foubert Samier A, Sibon I, Maire J, Tison F. Long-term cure of Tolosa-Hunt syndrome after low-dose focal radiotherapy. Headache. 2005;45:389-91 pubmed..We report a case of long-term improvement (8 years) of THS after low-dose (20 Gy) radiotherapy in a patient with recurrences and corticodependence. ..
- Debled M, MacGrogan G, Brouste V, Mathoulin Pelissier S, Durand M, Mauriac L. Prognostic factors of early distant recurrence in hormone receptor-positive, postmenopausal breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant tamoxifen therapy: results of a retrospective analysis. Cancer. 2007;109:2197-204 pubmed..Women in that subset could be treated using sequential hormone therapy with tamoxifen and AIs. In women with mSBR grade 3 or lymph node-positive tumors, an upfront treatment with AIs seemed to be the current optimal strategy. ..
- Jeannot A, Reigadas S, Schrive M, Pinson P, Fleury H. Pol bootscanning analysis of HIV type 1 can exhibit unexpected recombinations. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009;25:713-6 pubmed publisher..We showed that out of 15 HIV-1 isolates, two exhibited a recombination unexpected by this routine sequencing method. ..
- Carles D, Pelluard F, Mangione R, Liquier A, Horovitz J, Saura R. [Advantages and limitations of chorionic villous sampling]. Bull Acad Natl Med. 2009;193:675-89; discussion 689-90 pubmed..Being a simple and inexpensive examination, histopathologic analysis of CVS could be performed systematically in this indication. Its value and diagnostic signs in other settings need to be determined in larger series. ..
- Becquet R, Ekouevi D, Arrive E, Stringer J, Meda N, Chaix M, et al. Universal antiretroviral therapy for pregnant and breast-feeding HIV-1-infected women: towards the elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in resource-limited settings. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49:1936-45 pubmed publisher..On the basis of available evidence, we suggest translating into practice the recently available evidence on this matter without any further delay. ..
- Dubois V, de Barbeyrac B, Rogues A, Arpin C, Coulange L, Andre C, et al. CTX-M-producing Escherichia coli in a maternity ward: a likely community importation and evidence of mother-to-neonate transmission. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:1368-71 pubmed publisher..At present, not only patients transferred from other hospitals or long-term care facilities are at risk of carrying ESBL-producing enterobacteria on hospital admission, but also community patients. ..
- Duffau P, Seneschal J, Nicco C, Richez C, Lazaro E, Douchet I, et al. Platelet CD154 potentiates interferon-alpha secretion by plasmacytoid dendritic cells in systemic lupus erythematosus. Sci Transl Med. 2010;2:47ra63 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify platelet activation as an important contributor to SLE pathogenesis and suggest that this process and its sequelae may provide a new therapeutic target. ..
- Gramond C, Rolland P, Lacourt A, Ducamp S, Chamming s S, Créau Y, et al. Choice of rating method for assessing occupational asbestos exposure: study for compensation purposes in France. Am J Ind Med. 2012;55:440-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to define the most suitable rating method for assessing occupational asbestos exposure in order to assess medico-social care...
- Harizi H. Reciprocal crosstalk between dendritic cells and natural killer cells under the effects of PGE2 in immunity and immunopathology. Cell Mol Immunol. 2013;10:213-21 pubmed publisher..This review highlights the effects of PGE2 on DC-NK cell crosstalk and its subsequent impact on immune regulations in normal and immunopathological processes...
- Bonnet C, Thomas L, Psimaras D, Bielle F, Vauleon E, Loiseau H, et al. Characteristics of gliomas in patients with somatic IDH mosaicism. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2016;4:31 pubmed publisher..Early acquisition of IDH mutations could shift gliomagenesis towards the brainstem thereby mimicking the regional preference of histone mutated gliomas. ..
- Challet Bouju G, Perrot B, Romo L, Valleur M, Magalon D, Fatséas M, et al. Harmonizing Screening for Gambling Problems in Epidemiological Surveys - Development of the Rapid Screener for Problem Gambling (RSPG). J Behav Addict. 2016;5:239-50 pubmed publisher..However, a first triage has the great advantage of saving time and energy in large-scale screening for problem gambling. ..
- Léoni Mesplié S, Mortemousque B, Mesplié N, Touboul D, Praud D, Malet F, et al. [Epidemiological aspects of keratoconus in children]. J Fr Ophtalmol. 2012;35:776-85 pubmed publisher..To study the epidemiological aspects of keratoconus in children...
- Renaudin H, Quentin C, de Barbeyrac B, Bebear C. [In vitro activity of new quinolones against Mycoplasma pathogenic to humans]. Pathol Biol (Paris). 1988;36:496-9 pubmed..2-2) 1 for ofloxacin, (0.1-8) 2 for rosoxacin, (0.5-8) 4 for pefloxacin, (1-16) 4 for ciprofloxacin, (2-32) 8 for enoxacin. No difference could be observed between tetracycline sensitive or resistant strains...
- Bitard J, Daburon S, Duplomb L, Blanchard F, Vuisio P, Jacques Y, et al. Mutations in the immunoglobulin-like domain of gp190, the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor, increase or decrease its affinity for LIF. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16253-61 pubmed..These results demonstrate definitively the role of the Ig-like domain in LIF binding and the potential to modulate receptor affinity in this family with very limited amino acid changes. ..
- Mortemousque B, Amati Bonneau P, Couture F, Graffan R, Dubois S, Colin J, et al. Axenfeld-Rieger anomaly: a novel mutation in the forkhead box C1 (FOXC1) gene in a 4-generation family. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004;122:1527-33 pubmed..Characterization of the FOXC1 mutation in family members with ARA furthers our understanding of the molecular origin of developmental glaucoma and other anterior segment disorders. ..
- Petibois C, Deleris G. Evidence that erythrocytes are highly susceptible to exercise oxidative stress: FT-IR spectrometric studies at the molecular level. Cell Biol Int. 2005;29:709-16 pubmed
- Stoll D, Klossek J, Barbaza M. [Prospective study of 43 severe complications of acute rhinosinusitis]. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord). 2006;127:195-201 pubmed..This prospective study has shown the real risk of severe complications during any acute sinusitis and the need for early treatment often involving a surgery. ..
- MacGrogan G, Arnould L, de Mascarel I, Vincent Salomon A, Penault Llorca F, Lacroix Triki M, et al. Impact of immunohistochemical markers, CK5/6 and E-cadherin on diagnostic agreement in non-invasive proliferative breast lesions. Histopathology. 2008;52:689-97 pubmed publisher..CK5/6 and E-cadherin immunohistochemistry has little impact on interobserver reproducibility for non-invasive breast lesions. Diagnostic agreement can, however, be improved by grouping lesions in management categories. ..
- Balasegaram M, Balasegaram S, Malvy D, Millet P. Neglected diseases in the news: a content analysis of recent international media coverage focussing on leishmaniasis and trypanosomiasis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2008;2:e234 pubmed publisher..Public health agencies need to raise priority for NTD advocacy. Innovative strategies, such as reporting grants or creating a network of voices, may be needed. ..
- Matsuo S, Wright M, Knecht S, Nault I, Lellouche N, Lim K, et al. Peri-mitral atrial flutter in patients with atrial fibrillation ablation. Heart Rhythm. 2010;7:2-8 pubmed publisher..PMFL can be terminated by MI ablation, but the procedure is proarrhythmic. Supplemental ablation is necessary to establish bidirectional block of the line despite termination of PMFL in the majority of patients. ..
- Delcourt C, Delyfer M, Rougier M, Amouyel P, Colin J, Le Goff M, et al. Associations of complement factor H and smoking with early age-related macular degeneration: the ALIENOR study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:5955-62 pubmed publisher..Location of abnormalities, together with type and area, may prove useful for the identification of subjects at high risk for late AMD. ..