Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Locale: Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Topic: gene expression regulation
- Baud J, Varon C, Chabas S, Chambonnier L, Darfeuille F, Staedel C. Helicobacter pylori initiates a mesenchymal transition through ZEB1 in gastric epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60315 pubmed publisher..The unexpected N-F?B-dependent increase of miR-200 levels likely thwarts the irreversible loss of epithelial identity in that critical situation. ..
- Jalvy Delvaille S, Maurel M, Majo V, Pierre N, Chabas S, Combe C, et al. Molecular basis of differential target regulation by miR-96 and miR-182: the Glypican-3 as a model. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:1356-65 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that because of a base difference at miRNA position 8, these two microRNAs control a completely different set of genes and therefore are functionally independent. ..
- Favereaux A, Thoumine O, Bouali Benazzouz R, Roques V, Papon M, Salam S, et al. Bidirectional integrative regulation of Cav1.2 calcium channel by microRNA miR-103: role in pain. EMBO J. 2011;30:3830-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrate that miR-103 is down-regulated in neuropathic animals and that miR-103 intrathecal applications successfully relieve pain, identifying miR-103 as a novel possible therapeutic target in neuropathic chronic pain. ..
- Bouchecareilh M, Higa A, Fribourg S, Moenner M, Chevet E. Peptides derived from the bifunctional kinase/RNase enzyme IRE1? modulate IRE1? activity and protect cells from endoplasmic reticulum stress. FASEB J. 2011;25:3115-29 pubmed publisher..4-fold in cells expressing this peptide. Hence, targeted and selective activation of the catalytic properties of IRE1? may consequently define new strategies to protect cells from deleterious effects of ER stress signaling. ..
- Nicolas G, Wallon D, Goupil C, Richard A, Pottier C, Dorval V, et al. Mutation in the 3'untranslated region of APP as a genetic determinant of cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:92-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify APP 3'UTR sequence variants as genetic determinants of AÎ²-CAA. ..
- Simon D, Laloo B, Barillot M, Barnetche T, Blanchard C, Rooryck C, et al. A mutation in the 3'-UTR of the HDAC6 gene abolishing the post-transcriptional regulation mediated by hsa-miR-433 is linked to a new form of dominant X-linked chondrodysplasia. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2015-27 pubmed publisher..This represents to our knowledge the first example of a skeletal disease caused by the loss of a miRNA-mediated post-transcriptional regulation on its target mRNA. ..
- Ma Y, Follis J, Smith C, Tanaka T, Manichaikul A, Chu A, et al. Interaction of methylation-related genetic variants with circulating fatty acids on plasma lipids: a meta-analysis of 7 studies and methylation analysis of 3 studies in the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology consortium. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;103:567-78 pubmed publisher..However, the differences between 2 nested models were NS (P > 0.05). We obtained little evidence that the gene-by-fatty acid interactions on blood lipids act through DNA methylation. ..
- Caruso M, Jenna S, Bouchecareilh M, Baillie D, Boismenu D, Halawani D, et al. GTPase-mediated regulation of the unfolded protein response in Caenorhabditis elegans is dependent on the AAA+ ATPase CDC-48. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4261-74 pubmed publisher..In addition, we describe a novel signaling module involving CRP-1 and CDC-48 which may directly link the UPR to DNA remodeling and transcription control. ..
- Dormoy Raclet V, Markovits J, Jacquemin Sablon A, Jacquemin Sablon H. Regulation of Unr expression by 5'- and 3'-untranslated regions of its mRNA through modulation of stability and IRES mediated translation. RNA Biol. 2005;2:e27-35 pubmed..Our studies further reveal that Unr specifically interacts with its own mRNAs in vivo. These results suggest that a feedback control of mRNA translation is involved in regulating Unr expression. ..
- Vekris A, Meynard D, Haaz M, Bayssas M, Bonnet J, Robert J. Molecular determinants of the cytotoxicity of platinum compounds: the contribution of in silico research. Cancer Res. 2004;64:356-62 pubmed..Public databases mining, therefore, appears to be a valuable tool for the identification of determinants of anticancer drug activity in tumors...
- Landry M, Vila Porcile E, Hokfelt T, Calas A. Differential routing of coexisting neuropeptides in vasopressin neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:579-89 pubmed
- Esteves A, Knoll Gellida A, Canclini L, Silvarrey M, AndrÃ© M, Babin P. Fatty acid binding proteins have the potential to channel dietary fatty acids into enterocyte nuclei. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:219-32 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that dietary FAs complexed with FABPs are able to reach the enterocyte nucleus with the potential to modulate nuclear activity. ..
- Sarrazin N, Di Blasi F, Roullot Lacarrière V, Rouge Pont F, Le Roux A, Costet P, et al. Transcriptional effects of glucocorticoid receptors in the dentate gyrus increase anxiety-related behaviors. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7704 pubmed publisher..These findings identify glutamatergic neurons in the DG as one of the cellular substrate of stress-related pathologies. ..
- Pinson B, Vaur S, Sagot I, Coulpier F, Lemoine S, Daignan Fornier B. Metabolic intermediates selectively stimulate transcription factor interaction and modulate phosphate and purine pathways. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1399-407 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that Bas1p and Pho4p compete for Pho2p binding, hence leading to the concerted regulation of cellular nucleotide synthesis and phosphate consumption. ..
- Renault M, Jalvy S, Potier M, Belloc I, Genot E, Dekker L, et al. UTP induces osteopontin expression through a coordinate action of NFkappaB, activator protein-1, and upstream stimulatory factor in arterial smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2708-13 pubmed..Finally, our work suggests that the UTP-stimulated OPN expression involves a coordinate regulation of PKCdelta-NFkappaB, ERK1/2-USF, and ERK1/2/NAD(P)H oxidase AP-1 signaling pathways. ..