Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fungal proteins in Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Locale: Bordeaux, Aquitaine Limousin Poitou Charentes, France
Topic: fungal proteins
- Pinson B, Gabrielsen O, Daignan Fornier B. Redox regulation of AMP synthesis in yeast: a role of the Bas1p and Bas2p transcription factors. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:1460-9 pubmed..This hypothesis was further substantiated in a two hybrid experiment showing that Bas1p/Bas2p interaction is affected by oxidative stress. ..
- Couzin N, Trezeguet V, Le Saux A, Lauquin G. Cloning of the gene encoding the mitochondrial adenine nucleotide carrier of Schizosaccharomyces pombe by functional complementation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene. 1996;171:113-7 pubmed..Hybridization experiments with ordered libraries of Sp genomic DNA led to the physical mapping (chromosome II, NotI-B region) and the isolation of the Sp ANC1 gene. We also conclude that a single-copy gene encodes the Sp Anc. ..
- Bernard P, Hardwick K, Javerzat J. Fission yeast bub1 is a mitotic centromere protein essential for the spindle checkpoint and the preservation of correct ploidy through mitosis. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1775-87 pubmed..However, unlike its vertebrate counterpart, a pool of Bub1 remains centromere-associated at metaphase and even until telophase. We discuss the possibility of a role for the Bub1 kinase after the metaphase-anaphase transition. ..
- Navarro P, Durrens P, Aigle M. Protein-protein interaction between the RVS161 and RVS167 gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1343:187-92 pubmed..Moreover, if a tagged Rvs 167p protein was immuno adsorbed under non-denaturing conditions, it brought along the Rvs161p protein. These results confirmed the hypothesis of an in vivo complex between the two proteins. ..
- Benkemoun L, Sabate R, Malato L, Dos Reis S, Dalstra H, Saupe S, et al. Methods for the in vivo and in vitro analysis of [Het-s] prion infectivity. Methods. 2006;39:61-7 pubmed..In addition, we report several methods that can be used to infect Podospora with recombinant HET-s amyloid. ..
- Chirio M, Brethes D, Napias C, Grandier Vazeille X, Rakotomanana F, Chevallier J. Photoaffinity labelling of the purine-cytosine permease of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Biochem. 1990;194:293-9 pubmed..Therefore this polypeptide corresponds to the purine-cytosine permease. ..
- Daskalov A, Paoletti M, Ness F, Saupe S. Genomic clustering and homology between HET-S and the NWD2 STAND protein in various fungal genomes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34854 pubmed publisher..Het-s] induces cell death when interacting with HET-S, an allelic variant of HET-s. When templated by [Het-s], HET-S undergoes a trans-conformation, relocates to the cell membrane and induces toxicity...
- Pinan Lucarré B, Clavé C. Monitoring autophagy in the filamentous fungus Podospora anserina. Methods Enzymol. 2008;451:251-70 pubmed publisher..During the incompatibility reaction, autophagy might protect cells from cell death as suggested by accelerated cell death observed in autophagy mutants. ..
- Donzeau M, Bourdineaud J, Lauquin G. Regulation by low temperatures and anaerobiosis of a yeast gene specifying a putative GPI-anchored plasma membrane protein [corrected]. Mol Microbiol. 1996;20:449-59 pubmed..This protein, detected in the plasma membrane fraction, is shown to be exposed on the cell surface via a glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol membrane anchoring. ..
- Sivadon P, Peypouquet M, Doignon F, Aigle M, Crouzet M. Cloning of the multicopy suppressor gene SUR7: evidence for a functional relationship between the yeast actin-binding protein Rvs167 and a putative membranous protein. Yeast. 1997;13:747-61 pubmed..Moreover, the putative transmembranous character of Sur7p suggests a membrane localization of the Rvs function, a localization which is consistent with the different rvs phenotypes and the actin-Rvs167p interaction. ..
- Roumanie O, Peypouquet M, Bonneu M, Thoraval D, Doignon F, Crouzet M. Evidence for the genetic interaction between the actin-binding protein Vrp1 and the RhoGAP Rgd1 mediated through Rho3p and Rho4p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:1403-14 pubmed..This protein structure might act with myosins in various actin cytoskeleton-based activities, in co-operation with a Rho3p/Rho4p signalling pathway that is negatively regulated by Rgd1p GAP activity. ..
- Roumanie O, Peypouquet M, Thoraval D, Doignon F, Crouzet M. Functional interactions between the VRP1-LAS17 and RHO3-RHO4 genes involved in actin cytoskeleton organization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2002;40:317-25 pubmed..In addition, other observations lead us to propose that Rvs167p may act as a linking protein between the two cellular elements. ..
- Balguerie A, Sivadon P, Bonneu M, Aigle M. Rvs167p, the budding yeast homolog of amphiphysin, colocalizes with actin patches. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 15):2529-37 pubmed..Finally, the amphiphysin-conserved N-terminal domain of Rvs167p, called the BAR domain, was required but not sufficient for the correct localization of the protein. ..
- Mouassite M, Camougrand N, Schwob E, Demaison G, Laclau M, Guerin M. The 'SUN' family: yeast SUN4/SCW3 is involved in cell septation. Yeast. 2000;16:905-19 pubmed..Our data suggest that Sun4p and Uth1p might contribute to the regulated process of cell wall morphogenesis and septation. ..
- Lefebvre Legendre L, Vaillier J, Benabdelhak H, Velours J, Slonimski P, di Rago J. Identification of a nuclear gene (FMC1) required for the assembly/stability of yeast mitochondrial F(1)-ATPase in heat stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6789-96 pubmed..However, unlike Atp12p and Atp11p, Fmc1p is not required in normal growth conditions (28--30 degrees C). We propose that Fmc1p is required for the proper folding/stability or functioning of Atp12p in heat stress conditions. ..
- Saupe S, Clave C, Sabourin M, Begueret J. Characterization of hch, the Podospora anserina homolog of the het-c heterokaryon incompatibility gene of Neurospora crassa. Curr Genet. 2000;38:39-47 pubmed..This suggested that hch does not function as a het gene. However, heterologous expression of the N. crassa het-cPA allele in P. anserina triggers a growth defect reminiscent of the het-c incompatibility reaction. ..
- Espagne E, Balhadère P, Penin M, Barreau C, Turcq B. HET-E and HET-D belong to a new subfamily of WD40 proteins involved in vegetative incompatibility specificity in the fungus Podospora anserina. Genetics. 2002;161:71-81 pubmed..In particular, the amino acids present on the upper face of the predicted beta-propeller structure defined by this domain may confer the incompatible interaction specificity...
- Crapeau M, Marchal C, Cullin C, Maillet L. The cellular concentration of the yeast Ure2p prion protein affects its propagation as a prion. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2286-96 pubmed publisher..We propose a model to explain how prion protein overexpression can produce a detrimental effect on prion propagation and why Ure2p(Sp) might be more sensitive to such effects than Ure2p(Sc). ..
- Férandon C, Moukha S, Callac P, Benedetto J, Castroviejo M, Barroso G. The Agaricus bisporus cox1 gene: the longest mitochondrial gene and the largest reservoir of mitochondrial group i introns. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14048 pubmed publisher..bisporus cox1 gene exhibits a peculiar dynamics of intron keeping and catching, leading to the largest collection of mitochondrial group I introns reported to date in a Eukaryote...