Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence alignment in Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Locale: Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Topic: sequence alignment
- Nicoloff H, Ars ne Ploetze F, Malandain C, Kleerebezem M, Bringel F. Two arginine repressors regulate arginine biosynthesis in Lactobacillus plantarum. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:6059-69 pubmed publisher..In many gram-positive bacteria, the expression and interaction of different ArgR-like proteins may imply a complex regulatory network in response to environmental stimuli...
- Huang N, vom Baur E, Garnier J, Lerouge T, Vonesch J, Lutz Y, et al. Two distinct nuclear receptor interaction domains in NSD1, a novel SET protein that exhibits characteristics of both corepressors and coactivators. EMBO J. 1998;17:3398-412 pubmed..Interestingly, NSD1 contains separate repression and activation domains. Thus, NSD1 may define a novel class of bifunctional transcriptional intermediary factors playing distinct roles in both the presence and absence of ligand. ..
- Rochette Egly C, Adam S, Rossignol M, Egly J, Chambon P. Stimulation of RAR alpha activation function AF-1 through binding to the general transcription factor TFIIH and phosphorylation by CDK7. Cell. 1997;90:97-107 pubmed..These findings represent the first example of activation of a transactivator through binding to and phosphorylation by a general transcription factor. ..
- Marinoni J, Roy R, Vermeulen W, Miniou P, Lutz Y, Weeda G, et al. Cloning and characterization of p52, the fifth subunit of the core of the transcription/DNA repair factor TFIIH. EMBO J. 1997;16:1093-102 pubmed
- Faivre Nitschke S, Cou e I, Vermel M, Grienenberger J, Gualberto J. Purification, characterization and cloning of isovaleryl-CoA dehydrogenase from higher plant mitochondria. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1332-9 pubmed..The present study confirms recent reports that in plants IVD activity resides in mitochondria and opens the way to a more detailed study of amino-acid catabolism in plant development...
- Husselstein Muller T, Schaller H, Benveniste P. Molecular cloning and expression in yeast of 2,3-oxidosqualene-triterpenoid cyclases from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;45:75-92 pubmed..Organization of the genes, sequences and functions of the deduced proteins are discussed in evolutionary terms. ..
- Wasylyk B, Hahn S, Giovane A. The Ets family of transcription factors. Eur J Biochem. 1993;211:7-18 pubmed..Future work on the Ets family promises to provide important insights into both normal control of growth and differentiation, and deregulation in illness. ..
- Tosch V, Rohde H, Tronchère H, Zanoteli E, Monroy N, Kretz C, et al. A novel PtdIns3P and PtdIns(3,5)P2 phosphatase with an inactivating variant in centronuclear myopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3098-106 pubmed..We propose that impairment of hJUMPY function is implicated in some cases of autosomal CNM and that hJUMPY cooperates with myotubularin to regulate the level of phosphoinositides in skeletal muscle. ..
- Mantovani R, Li X, Pessara U, Hooft van Huisjduijnen R, Benoist C, Mathis D. Dominant negative analogs of NF-YA. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20340-6 pubmed..We also show that DNA-binding mutants act as dominant repressors of NF-Y-DNA complex formation and of NF-Y-dependent transcription. ..
- Maitre B, Angenieux C, Salamero J, Hanau D, Fricker D, Signorino F, et al. Control of the intracellular pathway of CD1e. Traffic. 2008;9:431-45 pubmed publisher..This ubiquitin-dependent pathway may explain several features of the very particular intracellular traffic of CD1e in dendritic cells compared with other CD1 molecules. ..
- Philipps G, Clement B, Gigot C. Molecular characterization and cell cycle-regulated expression of a cDNA clone from Arabidopsis thaliana homologous to the small subunit of ribonucleotide reductase. FEBS Lett. 1995;358:67-70 pubmed..In A. thaliana this enzyme is encoded by a single-copy gene. In synchronized tobacco BY2 cells the corresponding mRNAs specifically accumulate during the S phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Jung P, Schacherer J, Souciet J, Potier S, Wincker P, De Montigny J. The complete mitochondrial genome of the yeast Pichia sorbitophila. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:903-10 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mtDNA of P. sorbitophila contains several introns in its genes and has the particularity of possessing an intron, which is not linked to any upstream exon. ..
- Laugel V, Dalloz C, Durand M, Sauvanaud F, Kristensen U, Vincent M, et al. Mutation update for the CSB/ERCC6 and CSA/ERCC8 genes involved in Cockayne syndrome. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:113-26 pubmed publisher..Two web-based locus-specific databases have been created to list all identified variants and to allow the inclusion of future reports (www.umd.be/CSA/ and www.umd.be/CSB/)...
- Eriani G, Dirheimer G, Gangloff J. Cysteinyl-tRNA synthetase: determination of the last E. coli aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase primary structure. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:265-9 pubmed..With its monomeric state and smaller size, CysRS is probably more closely related to the primordial aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase from which all have diverged. ..
- Koechler S, Cleiss Arnold J, Proux C, Sismeiro O, Dillies M, Goulhen Chollet F, et al. Multiple controls affect arsenite oxidase gene expression in Herminiimonas arsenicoxydans. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:53 pubmed publisher..Herminiimonas arsenicoxydans has been isolated from an arsenic- contaminated environment and has developed various mechanisms for coping with arsenic, including the oxidation of As(III) to As(V) as a detoxification mechanism...
- Fafi Kremer S, Fofana I, Soulier E, Carolla P, Meuleman P, Leroux Roels G, et al. Viral entry and escape from antibody-mediated neutralization influence hepatitis C virus reinfection in liver transplantation. J Exp Med. 2010;207:2019-31 pubmed publisher..These findings provide significant insights into the molecular mechanisms of viral evasion during HCV reinfection and suggest that viral entry is a viable target for prevention of HCV reinfection of the liver graft. ..
- Mohajjel Shoja H, Clément B, Perot J, Alioua M, Otten L. Biological activity of the Agrobacterium rhizogenes-derived trolC gene of Nicotiana tabacum and its functional relation to other plast genes. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2011;24:44-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that enhancement of sucrose uptake plays an important role in generating the complex 6b and rolC phenotypes and might be an ancestral property of the plast genes. ..
- Shen W, Parmentier Y, Hellmann H, Lechner E, Dong A, Masson J, et al. Null mutation of AtCUL1 causes arrest in early embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1916-28 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a critical role for the SCF ubiquitin ligase in Arabidopsis embryogenesis. ..
- Perez C, Auriol J, Seroz T, Egly J. Genomic organization and promoter characterization of the mouse and human genes encoding p62 subunit of the transcription/DNA repair factor TFIIH. Gene. 1998;213:73-82 pubmed..Both promoters lack classical elements such as CCAAT and TATA boxes. Analysis of the expression of the p62 gene reveals an overexpression in testis tissue for both species. ..
- Martz F, Maury S, Pin on G, Legrand M. cDNA cloning, substrate specificity and expression study of tobacco caffeoyl-CoA 3-O-methyltransferase, a lignin biosynthetic enzyme. Plant Mol Biol. 1998;36:427-37 pubmed..Thus, the expression pattern and the substrate specificity of tobacco CCoAOMT sustain a preferential role in lignin biosynthesis...
- Didierjean L, Frendo P, Burkard G. Stress responses in maize: sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding glycine-rich proteins. Plant Mol Biol. 1992;18:847-9 pubmed
- Eriani G, Dirheimer G, Gangloff J. Aspartyl-tRNA synthetase from Escherichia coli: cloning and characterisation of the gene, homologies of its translated amino acid sequence with asparaginyl- and lysyl-tRNA synthetases. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:7109-18 pubmed..Mutagenesis directed towards a consensus tetrapeptide (Gly-Leu-Asp-Arg) and the carboxy-terminal end showed that both domains could be implicated in catalysis as well as in ATP binding. ..
- Duclos F, Koenig M. Comparison of primary structure of a neuron-specific protein, X11, between human and mouse. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:57-8 pubmed
- Strub J, Garcia Sablone P, Lonning K, Taupenot L, Hubert P, Van Dorsselaer A, et al. Processing of chromogranin B in bovine adrenal medulla. Identification of secretolytin, the endogenous C-terminal fragment of residues 614-626 with antibacterial activity. Eur J Biochem. 1995;229:356-68 pubmed..In addition, the synthetic peptide was unable to induce hemolytic activity. This antibacterial function might be of biological significance in the neuroendocrine system of living organisms. We propose to name this peptide secretolytin. ..
- Cavaloc Y, Popielarz M, Fuchs J, Gattoni R, Stevenin J. Characterization and cloning of the human splicing factor 9G8: a novel 35 kDa factor of the serine/arginine protein family. EMBO J. 1994;13:2639-49 pubmed..The identification of the 9G8 factor enlarges the essential family of SR splicing factors, whose members have also been proposed to play key roles in alternative splicing. ..
- Legrain M, Mazarin V, Irwin S, Bouchon B, Quentin Millet M, Jacobs E, et al. Cloning and characterization of Neisseria meningitidis genes encoding the transferrin-binding proteins Tbp1 and Tbp2. Gene. 1993;130:73-80 pubmed..These comparisons should be extended to other Neisseria strains in order to evaluate further this genetic divergence further...
- Strub J, Hubert P, Nullans G, Aunis D, Metz Boutigue M. Antibacterial activity of secretolytin, a chromogranin B-derived peptide (614-626), is correlated with peptide structure. FEBS Lett. 1996;379:273-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that an alpha-helical amphipathic structure common to secretolytin, cecropins and pig myeloid antibacterial peptide may account for the antibacterial activity. ..
- Joanin P, Gigot C, Philipps G. cDNA nucleotide sequence and expression of a maize cytoplasmic ribosomal protein S13 gene. Plant Mol Biol. 1993;21:701-4 pubmed..The S13 RNAs accumulate preferentially in proliferating tissues and cells and their transcription occurs in parallel to the DNA synthesis. ..
- Bolanos Jimenez F, Bordais A, Behra M, Strahle U, Mornet D, Sahel J, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of dystrophin and Dp71, two products of the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy gene, in zebrafish. Gene. 2001;274:217-26 pubmed..Altogether, these results give new insights on the physiological role played by dystrophin and related proteins, and provide new tools for the identification of mutated genes associated with muscle defects in zebrafish. ..
- Mourey L, Samama J, Delarue M, Petitou M, Choay J, Moras D. Crystal structure of cleaved bovine antithrombin III at 3.2 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 1993;232:223-41 pubmed..Docking of the pentasaccharide unit which represents the minimum fragment of heparin able to bind to ATIII indicates a possible role for arginine 14 in the interaction of heparin and the protein. ..
- Seemann M, Wegner P, Schünemann V, Bui B, Wolff M, Marquet A, et al. Isoprenoid biosynthesis in chloroplasts via the methylerythritol phosphate pathway: the (E)-4-hydroxy-3-methylbut-2-enyl diphosphate synthase (GcpE) from Arabidopsis thaliana is a [4Fe-4S] protein. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2005;10:131-7 pubmed..Enzymatic activity was only detected in the presence of the 5-deazaflavin semiquinone radical. ..
- Mazauric M, Keith G, Logan D, Kreutzer R, Gieg R, Kern D. Glycyl-tRNA synthetase from Thermus thermophilus--wide structural divergence with other prokaryotic glycyl-tRNA synthetases and functional inter-relation with prokaryotic and eukaryotic glycylation systems. Eur J Biochem. 1998;251:744-57 pubmed..These features are discussed in the context of the phylogenic connections between prokaryotes, eukaryotes, and archaebacteria, and of the particular place of T. thermophilus in this phylogeny...
- Ritzenthaler C, Viry M, Pinck M, Margis R, Fuchs M, Pinck L. Complete nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of grapevine fanleaf nepovirus RNA1. J Gen Virol. 1991;72 ( Pt 10):2357-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, the 253K protein possesses the same general genetic organization as the corresponding protein of other picorna-like viruses...
- Wolff C, Stiegler P, Baltzinger M, Meyer D, Ghysdael J, Stehelin D, et al. Cloning, sequencing, and expression of two Xenopus laevis c-ets-2 protooncogenes. Cell Growth Differ. 1991;2:447-56 pubmed..Bosselut, J.F. Duvall, A. Gegonne, M. Bailly, A. Hemar, J. Brady, and J. Ghysdael, EMBO J., 9: 3137-3144, 1990; R. Wasylyk, C. Wasylyk, P. Florès, A. Bègue, D. Leprince, and D. Stéhelin, Nature (Lond.), 346: 191-193, 1990). ..
- Ullmann P, Gondet L, Potier S, Bach T. Cloning of Arabidopsis thaliana glutathione synthetase (GSH2) by functional complementation of a yeast gsh2 mutant. Eur J Biochem. 1996;236:662-9 pubmed..Moreover, this increased resistance is correlated to the restoration of GSH content from below detectability in mutants to about 50% of the wild-type levels in transformed cells. ..
- Sanni A, Walter P, Boulanger Y, Ebel J, Fasiolo F. Evolution of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase quaternary structure and activity: Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:8387-91 pubmed..It has all three characteristic sequence motifs of the class II aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, and its activity may result from the recruitment of additional sequences into an alpha-subunit-like structure. ..
- Ramain P, Khechumian R, Khechumian K, Arbogast N, Ackermann C, Heitzler P. Interactions between chip and the achaete/scute-daughterless heterodimers are required for pannier-driven proneural patterning. Mol Cell. 2000;6:781-90 pubmed
- Bouvier Nav P, Benveniste P, Oelkers P, Sturley S, Schaller H. Expression in yeast and tobacco of plant cDNAs encoding acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:85-96 pubmed
- Pazhouhandeh M, Dieterle M, Marrocco K, Lechner E, Berry B, Brault V, et al. F-box-like domain in the polerovirus protein P0 is required for silencing suppressor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1994-9 pubmed..Together, the results support a model in which P0 acts as an F-box protein that targets an essential component of the host posttranscriptional gene silencing machinery. ..
- Bonnefond L, Frugier M, Touzé E, Lorber B, Florentz C, Giege R, et al. Crystal structure of human mitochondrial tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase reveals common and idiosyncratic features. Structure. 2007;15:1505-16 pubmed..Mutagenesis of the catalytic domain reveals functional importance of Ser200 in line with an involvement of A73 rather than N1-N72 in tyrosine identity. ..
- Nakshatri H, Chambon P. The directly repeated RG(G/T)TCA motifs of the rat and mouse cellular retinol-binding protein II genes are promiscuous binding sites for RAR, RXR, HNF-4, and ARP-1 homo- and heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:890-902 pubmed
- Kieffer B, Befort K, Gaveriaux Ruff C, Hirth C. The delta-opioid receptor: isolation of a cDNA by expression cloning and pharmacological characterization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:12048-52 pubmed..4 nM), stereospecific binding sites for the - enantiomers of levorphanol and naloxone, and the selectivity profile of a delta receptor, as determined by competition experiments with a set of mu-, delta-, and kappa-opioid ligands. ..