Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Locale: Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Topic: rna interference
- Bischoff V, Vignal C, Duvic B, Boneca I, Hoffmann J, Royet J. Downregulation of the Drosophila immune response by peptidoglycan-recognition proteins SC1 and SC2. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e14 pubmed..We further show that a strict control of IMD-pathway activation is essential to prevent bacteria-induced developmental defects and larval death. ..
- Huszar T, Imler J. Drosophila viruses and the study of antiviral host-defense. Adv Virus Res. 2008;72:227-65 pubmed publisher..melanogaster model to study antiviral innate immunity and to better understand the complex interaction between arthropod-borne viruses and their insect vectors. ..
- ..In particular, DExD/H box helicases appear to play a crucial role in the cytosolic detection of viral RNAs in flies and mammals...
- Kozlowska Makulska A, Guilley H, Szyndel M, Beuve M, Lemaire O, Herrbach E, et al. P0 proteins of European beet-infecting poleroviruses display variable RNA silencing suppression activity. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1082-91 pubmed publisher..These results are the first reported evidence that P0 proteins of two closely related beet poleroviruses show strain-specific differences in their effects on RNA silencing. ..
- Selimovic D, Sprenger A, Hannig M, Haikel Y, Hassan M. Apoptosis related protein-1 triggers melanoma cell death via interaction with the juxtamembrane region of p75 neurotrophin receptor. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:349-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, besides the analysis of its pro-apoptotic function, our data provide insight into the molecular mechanism of APR-1-induced apoptosis of melanoma cells. ..
- Jacques A, Ghannam A, Erhardt M, De Ruffray P, Baillieul F, Kauffmann S. NtLRP1, a tobacco leucine-rich repeat gene with a possible role as a modulator of the hypersensitive response. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:747-57 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that NtLRP1 acts as a modulator of the HR and that retention in the ER is essential for its function...
- Meyer M, Déliot N, Chasserot Golaz S, Premont R, Bader M, Vitale N. Regulation of neuroendocrine exocytosis by the ARF6 GTPase-activating protein GIT1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7919-26 pubmed..We propose that GIT1 represents part of the pathway that inactivates ARF6-dependent reactions and thereby negatively regulates and/or terminates exocytotic release. ..
- Chiba S, Hleibieh K, Delbianco A, Klein E, Ratti C, Ziegler Graff V, et al. The benyvirus RNA silencing suppressor is essential for long-distance movement, requires both zinc-finger and NoLS basic residues but not a nucleolar localization for its silencing-suppression activity. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:168-81 pubmed publisher..Conversely, RNA silencing suppression appeared independent of the nucleolar localization of the protein, and a correlation between BNYVV VSR expression and long-distance movement was established. ..
- Hoffmann L, Besseau S, Geoffroy P, Ritzenthaler C, Meyer D, Lapierre C, et al. Silencing of hydroxycinnamoyl-coenzyme A shikimate/quinate hydroxycinnamoyltransferase affects phenylpropanoid biosynthesis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1446-65 pubmed..These results demonstrate the function of the acyltransferase in phenylpropanoid biosynthesis. ..
- Haas G, Azevedo J, Moissiard G, Geldreich A, Himber C, Bureau M, et al. Nuclear import of CaMV P6 is required for infection and suppression of the RNA silencing factor DRB4. EMBO J. 2008;27:2102-12 pubmed publisher..This study identifies both genetic and physical interactions between a VSR to a host RNA silencing component, and highlights the importance of subcellular compartmentalization in VSR function...
- Agouni A, Sourbier C, Danilin S, Rothhut S, Lindner V, Jacqmin D, et al. Parathyroid hormone-related protein induces cell survival in human renal cell carcinoma through the PI3K Akt pathway: evidence for a critical role for integrin-linked kinase and nuclear factor kappa B. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1893-901 pubmed..Since RCC remains refractory to current therapies, our results establish that the PI3K/ILK/Akt/NF-kappaB axis is a promising target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Besseau S, Hoffmann L, Geoffroy P, Lapierre C, Pollet B, Legrand M. Flavonoid accumulation in Arabidopsis repressed in lignin synthesis affects auxin transport and plant growth. Plant Cell. 2007;19:148-62 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the reduced size phenotype of HCT-silenced plants is not due to the alteration of lignin synthesis but to flavonoid accumulation. ..