Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Locale: Strasbourg, Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine, France
Topic: base sequence
- Ritzenthaler C, Viry M, Pinck M, Margis R, Fuchs M, Pinck L. Complete nucleotide sequence and genetic organization of grapevine fanleaf nepovirus RNA1. J Gen Virol. 1991;72 ( Pt 10):2357-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, the 253K protein possesses the same general genetic organization as the corresponding protein of other picorna-like viruses...
- Husselstein T, Schaller H, Gachotte D, Benveniste P. Delta7-sterol-C5-desaturase: molecular characterization and functional expression of wild-type and mutant alleles. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:891-906 pubmed..The occurrence of a hydroxylated amino acid (Thr or Ser) at the position corresponding to Thr-114 in the five delta7-sterol-C5(6)-desaturases identified so far suggests that this amino acid is important for normal enzymatic function...
- Leroy P, Krust A, Zelent A, Mendelsohn C, Garnier J, Kastner P, et al. Multiple isoforms of the mouse retinoic acid receptor alpha are generated by alternative splicing and differential induction by retinoic acid. EMBO J. 1991;10:59-69 pubmed
- Pfeiffer P. Nucleotide sequence, genetic organization and expression strategy of the double-stranded RNA associated with the '447' cytoplasmic male sterility trait in Vicia faba. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 10):2349-58 pubmed
- Jansen Durr P, Wintzerith M, Reimund B, Hauss C, Kedinger C. Two distinct cellular proteins interact with the EIa-responsive element of an adenovirus early promoter. J Virol. 1990;64:2384-7 pubmed..The possible involvement of C alpha in the EIa responsiveness of this promoter is discussed. ..
- Ngondo Mbongo R, Myslinski E, Aster J, Carbon P. Modulation of gene expression via overlapping binding sites exerted by ZNF143, Notch1 and THAP11. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4000-14 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study establishes a novel relationship between ZNF143, THAP11 and ICN1 and reveals important insights into ZNF143-mediated gene regulation. ..
- Ganzhorn A, Lepage P, Pelton P, Strasser F, Vincendon P, Rondeau J. The contribution of lysine-36 to catalysis by human myo-inositol monophosphatase. Biochemistry. 1996;35:10957-66 pubmed
- Rudert F, Garnier J, Schuhbaur B. Cloning a pseudogene and cDNA encoding a 17-kDa ribosomal protein from mouse: structure and regulation of expression. Gene. 1993;133:249-54 pubmed..However, it is unknown whether this RA effect is exerted at the transcriptional and/or posttranscriptional levels. ..
- Mantovani R, Li X, Pessara U, Hooft van Huisjduijnen R, Benoist C, Mathis D. Dominant negative analogs of NF-YA. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20340-6 pubmed..We also show that DNA-binding mutants act as dominant repressors of NF-Y-DNA complex formation and of NF-Y-dependent transcription. ..
- Jund R, Weber E, Chevallier M. Primary structure of the uracil transport protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Biochem. 1988;171:417-24 pubmed..Using the results of three different methods, allowing the prediction of transmembrane alpha helices in proteic sequences, we drew a model of folding of the permease in the membrane. ..
- Sarde C, Thomas J, Sadoulet H, Garnier J, Mandel J. cDNA sequence of Aldgh, the mouse homolog of the X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy gene. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:810-3 pubmed
- Voegel J, Heine M, Zechel C, Chambon P, Gronemeyer H. TIF2, a 160 kDa transcriptional mediator for the ligand-dependent activation function AF-2 of nuclear receptors. EMBO J. 1996;15:3667-75 pubmed..TIF2 exhibits partial sequence homology with the recently isolated steroid receptor coactivator SRC-1, indicating the existence of a novel gene family of nuclear receptor transcriptional mediators. ..
- Kandel S, Sauveplane V, Compagnon V, Franke R, Millet Y, Schreiber L, et al. Characterization of a methyl jasmonate and wounding-responsive cytochrome P450 of Arabidopsis thaliana catalyzing dicarboxylic fatty acid formation in vitro. FEBS J. 2007;274:5116-27 pubmed..Analysis of the metabolites showed a mixture of 12-, 11- and 10-hydroxylauric acids, revealing for the first time the presence of fatty acid in-chain hydroxylase in Arabidopsis. ..
- Miyazaki T, Dierich A, Benoist C, Mathis D. Independent modes of natural killing distinguished in mice lacking Lag3. Science. 1996;272:405-8 pubmed..It appears that LAG3 is a receptor or coreceptor that defines different modes of natural killing. ..
- Jagla K, Dolle P, Mattei M, Jagla T, Schuhbaur B, Dretzen G, et al. Mouse Lbx1 and human LBX1 define a novel mammalian homeobox gene family related to the Drosophila lady bird genes. Mech Dev. 1995;53:345-56 pubmed
- Huang N, vom Baur E, Garnier J, Lerouge T, Vonesch J, Lutz Y, et al. Two distinct nuclear receptor interaction domains in NSD1, a novel SET protein that exhibits characteristics of both corepressors and coactivators. EMBO J. 1998;17:3398-412 pubmed..Interestingly, NSD1 contains separate repression and activation domains. Thus, NSD1 may define a novel class of bifunctional transcriptional intermediary factors playing distinct roles in both the presence and absence of ligand. ..
- Nagpal S, Zelent A, Chambon P. RAR-beta 4, a retinoic acid receptor isoform is generated from RAR-beta 2 by alternative splicing and usage of a CUG initiator codon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:2718-22 pubmed..RAR-beta 4 exhibits a tissue-specific pattern of expression and distinct transcriptional activation properties when compared with the other RAR-beta isoforms. ..
- Amlaiky N, Ramboz S, Boschert U, Plassat J, Hen R. Isolation of a mouse "5HT1E-like" serotonin receptor expressed predominantly in hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:19761-4 pubmed..Our results therefore demonstrate that the 5HT1E receptors constitute a heterogeneous family of receptors. ..
- Philippe C, Benard L, Eyermann F, Cachia C, Kirillov S, Portier C, et al. Structural elements of rps0 mRNA involved in the modulation of translational initiation and regulation of E. coli ribosomal protein S15. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:2538-46 pubmed
- Bloch J, Sychrova H, Souciet J, Jund R, Chevallier M. Determination of a specific region of the purine-cytosine permease involved in the recognition of its substrates. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:2989-97 pubmed..In particular, amino acids at position 374 and 377 modulate the affinity of the permease towards its substrates. In the wild-type, when asparagine is present at both of these positions, the lowest Kmapp values are found. ..
- Kibaly C, Meyer L, Patte Mensah C, Mensah Nyagan A. Biochemical and functional evidence for the control of pain mechanisms by dehydroepiandrosterone endogenously synthesized in the spinal cord. FASEB J. 2008;22:93-104 pubmed..Together, these molecular, biochemical, and functional results demonstrate that DHEA synthesized in the SC controls pain mechanisms. Possibilities are opened for pain modulation by drugs regulating P450c17 in nerve cells. ..
- Andriamampandry C, Taleb O, Kemmel V, Humbert J, Aunis D, Maitre M. Cloning and functional characterization of a gamma-hydroxybutyrate receptor identified in the human brain. FASEB J. 2007;21:885-95 pubmed..9 microM for NCS-382. The present data led to the conclusion that both C12K32 and GHBh1 are two closely related isoforms of a human GHB receptor, GHBh1, that is described in the databank as the GPCR 172A...
- Jacques A, Ghannam A, Erhardt M, De Ruffray P, Baillieul F, Kauffmann S. NtLRP1, a tobacco leucine-rich repeat gene with a possible role as a modulator of the hypersensitive response. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:747-57 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that NtLRP1 acts as a modulator of the HR and that retention in the ER is essential for its function...
- Abbady A, Bronner C, Bathami K, Muller C, Jeanblanc M, Mathieu E, et al. TCR pathway involves ICBP90 gene down-regulation via E2F binding sites. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;70:570-9 pubmed..Altogether, our data demonstrate that TCR signaling pathways regulate ICBP90 gene expression through pRb/E2F complex. We propose that ICBP90 down-regulation is a key event in G1 arrest preceding T cell death. ..
- Canaday J, Tessier L, Imbault P, Paulus F. Analysis of Euglena gracilis alpha-, beta- and gamma-tubulin genes: introns and pre-mRNA maturation. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;265:153-60 pubmed..We propose that mRNA processing is likely to play a role in regulating the amounts of different tubulins in E. gracilis...
- Basset P, Bellocq J, Wolf C, Stoll I, Hutin P, Limacher J, et al. A novel metalloproteinase gene specifically expressed in stromal cells of breast carcinomas. Nature. 1990;348:699-704 pubmed..The suggestion is that stromelysin-3 is one of the stroma-derived factors that have long been postulated to play an important part in progression of epithelial malignancies. ..
- Echaniz Laguna A, Miniou P, Bartholdi D, Melki J. The promoters of the survival motor neuron gene (SMN) and its copy (SMNc) share common regulatory elements. Am J Hum Genet. 1999;64:1365-70 pubmed..Therefore, the identification of transcription factors involved in the regulation of SMNc gene expression may lead to attractive strategies for therapy in SMA. ..
- Foulkes N, Borrelli E, Sassone Corsi P. CREM gene: use of alternative DNA-binding domains generates multiple antagonists of cAMP-induced transcription. Cell. 1991;64:739-49 pubmed..CREM proteins reveal the same efficiency and specificity of binding to CRE sequences as CREB, but in contrast to CREB, CREM acts as a down-regulator of cAMP-induced transcription. ..
- Bourgeois P, Stoetzel C, Bolcato Bellemin A, Mattei M, Perrin Schmitt F. The human H-twist gene is located at 7p21 and encodes a B-HLH protein that is 96% similar to its murine M-twist counterpart. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:915-7 pubmed
- Keith G, Heyman T. Heterogeneities in vertebrate tRNAs(Trp) avian retroviruses package only as a primer the tRNA(Trp) lacking modified m2G in position 7. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:703-10 pubmed..The methylation of G to m2G at position 7 could thus prevent the recognition of tRNA(Trp) by retroviral protein(s) responsible for the selective packaging of the primer tRNA(Trp)...
- Acker J, Murroni O, Mattei M, Kedinger C, Vigneron M. The gene (POLR2L) encoding the hRPB7.6 subunit of human RNA polymerase. Genomics. 1996;32:86-90 pubmed..A small, related RNA polymerase subunit from vaccinia virus exhibits an identical set of cysteines, suggesting that these residues may be contribute to a crucial function in the multimeric RNA polymerases. ..
- Saudou F, Amlaiky N, Plassat J, Borrelli E, Hen R. Cloning and characterization of a Drosophila tyramine receptor. EMBO J. 1990;9:3611-7 pubmed..The Drosophila tyramine receptor that we have isolated might therefore be an invertebrate equivalent of the mammalian alpha 2 adrenergic receptors. ..
- Koffel Schwartz N, Coin F, Veaute X, Fuchs R. Cellular strategies for accommodating replication-hindering adducts in DNA: control by the SOS response in Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7805-10 pubmed..Error-free replication evidently proceeds efficiently by means of the damage avoidance pathway. We conclude that SOS mutagenesis results from increased TLS rather than from an increased frameshift error rate of the polymerase. ..
- Duclos F, Boschert U, Sirugo G, Mandel J, Hen R, Koenig M. Gene in the region of the Friedreich ataxia locus encodes a putative transmembrane protein expressed in the nervous system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:109-13 pubmed..Direct evidence of its involvement in FRDA will require a search for causative point mutations in patients. ..
- Muller D, Rouleau E, Schultz I, Caputo S, Lefol C, Bieche I, et al. An entire exon 3 germ-line rearrangement in the BRCA2 gene: pathogenic relevance of exon 3 deletion in breast cancer predisposition. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:121 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings suggest that, to interpret the pathogenic effect of any variants of exon 3, both accurate transcript quantification and co-segregation analysis are required. ..
- Maroteaux L, Saudou F, Amlaiky N, Boschert U, Plassat J, Hen R. Mouse 5HT1B serotonin receptor: cloning, functional expression, and localization in motor control centers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:3020-4 pubmed..The predominant expression of the 5HT1B receptor in the striatum and cerebellum points to an involvement of this receptor in motor control. ..
- Dumas P, Moras D, Florentz C, Giege R, Verlaan P, van Belkum A, et al. 3-D graphics modelling of the tRNA-like 3'-end of turnip yellow mosaic virus RNA: structural and functional implications. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 1987;4:707-28 pubmed..The model presents a striking similarity with canonical tRNA and allows a valuable comparison between the protection patterns of yeast tRNA(Val) and tRNA-like viral RNA by cognate yeast valyl-tRNA synthetase against structural probes. ..
- R mer S, Hugueney P, Bouvier F, Camara B, Kuntz M. Expression of the genes encoding the early carotenoid biosynthetic enzymes in Capsicum annuum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;196:1414-21 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the expression pattern of the genes encoding geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase, phytoene synthase and phytoene desaturase revealed that these genes are not co-regulated during pepper fruit ripening...
- Martin F, Eriani G, Eiler S, Moras D, Dirheimer G, Gangloff J. Overproduction and purification of native and queuine-lacking Escherichia coli tRNA(Asp). Role of the wobble base in tRNA(Asp) acylation. J Mol Biol. 1993;234:965-74 pubmed..coli, where only one contact is thought to occur at position 34. ..
- Nakshatri H, Chambon P. The directly repeated RG(G/T)TCA motifs of the rat and mouse cellular retinol-binding protein II genes are promiscuous binding sites for RAR, RXR, HNF-4, and ARP-1 homo- and heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:890-902 pubmed
- Prior C, Potier S, Souciet J, Sychrova H. Characterization of the NHA1 gene encoding a Na+/H+-antiporter of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 1996;387:89-93 pubmed..Overexpression of the NHA1 gene results in higher and partially pH-dependent tolerance to sodium and lithium; its disruption leads to an increased sensitivity towards these ions. ..
- Witz P, Amlaiky N, Plassat J, Maroteaux L, Borrelli E, Hen R. Cloning and characterization of a Drosophila serotonin receptor that activates adenylate cyclase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:8940-4 pubmed..The 5HT-dro receptor or closely related receptors might be responsible for the serotonin-sensitive cyclase that has been suggested to play a role in learning and modulation of circadian rhythm in a number of invertebrate systems. ..
- Smith W, Nakshatri H, Leroy P, Rees J, Chambon P. A retinoic acid response element is present in the mouse cellular retinol binding protein I (mCRBPI) promoter. EMBO J. 1991;10:2223-30 pubmed..The control of CRBPI gene transcription by RA-RAR complexes interacting with the RARE characterized here may correspond to a feedback mechanism important in regulating retinoid metabolism and action. ..
- Gilfillan S, Dierich A, LeMeur M, Benoist C, Mathis D. Mice lacking TdT: mature animals with an immature lymphocyte repertoire. Science. 1993;261:1175-8 pubmed..Thus, switch-on of the TdT gene during the first week after birth provokes an even greater expansion of lymphocyte receptor diversity than had previously been thought. ..
- Huet F, Ruiz C, Richards G. Puffs and PCR: the in vivo dynamics of early gene expression during ecdysone responses in Drosophila. Development. 1993;118:613-27 pubmed..As these molecules have homologues in vertebrates, our analysis may have general implications for the organisation of hormonal responses in vivo. ..
- Schuster C, Myslinski E, Krol A, Carbon P. Staf, a novel zinc finger protein that activates the RNA polymerase III promoter of the selenocysteine tRNA gene. EMBO J. 1995;14:3777-87 pubmed..This constitutes the first demonstration of the capacity of a cloned factor to activate RNA polymerase III transcription in vivo. ..
- Kastner P, Perez A, Lutz Y, Rochette Egly C, Gaub M, Durand B, et al. Structure, localization and transcriptional properties of two classes of retinoic acid receptor alpha fusion proteins in acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL): structural similarities with a new family of oncoproteins. EMBO J. 1992;11:629-42 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that MylRAR may interfere in a dominant manner with both Myl and RAR functions. ..
- Baltzinger M, Stiegler P, Remy P. Cloning and sequencing of POU-boxes expressed in Xenopus laevis neurula embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6131 pubmed
- De Montigny J, Kern L, Hubert J, Lacroute F. Cloning and sequencing of URA10, a second gene encoding orotate phosphoribosyl transferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 1990;17:105-11 pubmed..Assays of OPRTase activity in extracts from ura5 and ura10 mutants indicate that the URA10 product contributes only 20% of the total activity found in wild type cells. ..
- Xiao J, Davidson I, Matthes H, Garnier J, Chambon P. Cloning, expression, and transcriptional properties of the human enhancer factor TEF-1. Cell. 1991;65:551-68 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that the trans-activation function of TEF-1 is mediated by a highly limiting, possible cell-specific, titratable transcriptional intermediary factor(s). ..
- Allmang C, Wurth L, Krol A. The selenium to selenoprotein pathway in eukaryotes: more molecular partners than anticipated. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1790:1415-23 pubmed publisher..Particularly striking is the higher than originally envisaged number of factors necessary to synthesize Sec and selenoproteins. Clearly, selenoprotein synthesis is an exciting and very active field of research. ..
- Marion V, Stutzmann F, Gerard M, De Melo C, Schaefer E, Claussmann A, et al. Exome sequencing identifies mutations in LZTFL1, a BBSome and smoothened trafficking regulator, in a family with Bardet--Biedl syndrome with situs inversus and insertional polydactyly. J Med Genet. 2012;49:317-21 pubmed publisher..The 16 BBS genes known to date are implied in the primary cilia related cellular pathways...
- Didierjean L, Frendo P, Nasser W, Genot G, Marivet J, Burkard G. Heavy-metal-responsive genes in maize: identification and comparison of their expression upon various forms of abiotic stress. Planta. 1996;199:1-8 pubmed..Heat-shock protein was mainly induced by heat and cold, and ubiquitin by wounding. Expression of the membrane channel protein was stimulated by heat stress, NaCl, polluted rainwater and ultraviolet-light irradiation. ..