Experts and Doctors on sex factors in Tampere, Pirkanmaa, Finland
Locale: Tampere, Pirkanmaa, Finland
Topic: sex factors
- Lavikainen H, Lintonen T, Kosunen E. Sexual behavior and drinking style among teenagers: a population-based study in Finland. Health Promot Int. 2009;24:108-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, it could be effective to combine both alcohol education and sex education, including contraceptive counseling, in early adolescence...
- Marttila S, Jylhävä J, Nevalainen T, Nykter M, Jylha M, Hervonen A, et al. Transcriptional analysis reveals gender-specific changes in the aging of the human immune system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66229 pubmed publisher..In males significantly fewer pathways were affected, two of which are known to be regulated by estrogen. These data show that the effects of aging on the human immune system are significantly different in males and females. ..
- Luoto T, Haikonen S, Haapasalo H, Goebeler S, Huhtala H, Erkinjuntti T, et al. Large vessel cerebral atherosclerosis is not in direct association with neuropathological lesions of Alzheimer's disease. Eur Neurol. 2009;62:93-8 pubmed publisher..0001), and not by CW score (p = 0.36), gender (p = 0.41) or APOE epsilon4 allele (p = 0.072). Our results suggest that cerebral large vessel atherosclerosis is not in direct association with APs or NFTs - hallmarks of AD neuropathology. ..
- Hernesniemi J, Anttila K, Nieminen T, Kahonen M, Mononen N, Nikus K, et al. IL-18 gene polymorphism, cardiovascular mortality and coronary artery disease. Eur J Clin Invest. 2010;40:994-1001 pubmed publisher..The IL-18 gene was not found to associate significantly with mortality. Among patients who had coronary angiography, one major haplotype of the IL-18 gene has a gender-dependent different impact on the expression of CAD. ..
- Hietanen J, Nummenmaa L. The naked truth: the face and body sensitive N170 response is enhanced for nude bodies. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24408 pubmed publisher..Such facilitated visual processing of other people's nude bodies is possibly beneficial in identifying potential mating partners and competitors, and for triggering sexual behavior. ..
- Kananen L, Marttila S, Nevalainen T, JylhÃ¤vÃ¤ J, Mononen N, KÃ¤hÃ¶nen M, et al. Aging-associated DNA methylation changes in middle-aged individuals: the Young Finns study. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:103 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the a-CpGs identified here in a population with a narrow age-range represent clock-like changes, as they showed concordant methylation behavior in population spanning whole adulthood as well. ..
- Saariaho A, Saariaho T, Mattila A, Ohtonen P, Joukamaa M, Karukivi M. Alexithymia and depression in the recovery of chronic pain patients: a follow-up study. Nord J Psychiatry. 2017;71:262-269 pubmed publisher..Their co-occurrence with a more severe pain situation and with the use of opioids indicates psychological problems underlying the pain experience. ..
- Mattila V, Huttunen T, Sillanpää P, Niemi S, Pihlajamaki H, Kannus P. Significant change in the surgical treatment of distal radius fractures: a nationwide study between 1998 and 2008 in Finland. J Trauma. 2011;71:939-42; discussion 942-3 pubmed publisher..In addition, the incidence and number of surgeries for distal radius fractures doubled between 1998 and 2008. The reasons for these changes are not known. ..
- Oksala N, Salonen T, Strandberg T, Oksala A, Pohjasvaara T, Kaste M, et al. Cerebral small vessel disease and kidney function predict long-term survival in patients with acute stroke. Stroke. 2010;41:1914-20 pubmed publisher..Cerebral small vessel disease is closely associated with kidney function in patients with acute stroke. Cerebral small vessel disease and kidney function are closely associated predictors of poor poststroke survival. ..
- Neupane S, Virtanen P, Leino Arjas P, Miranda H, Siukola A, Nygard C. Multi-site pain and working conditions as predictors of work ability in a 4-year follow-up among food industry employees. Eur J Pain. 2013;17:444-51 pubmed publisher..We investigated the separate and joint effects of multi-site musculoskeletal pain and physical and psychosocial exposures at work on future work ability...
- Skyttä E, Jarkko L, Antti E, Huhtala H, Ville R. Increasing incidence of hip arthroplasty for primary osteoarthritis in 30- to 59-year-old patients. Acta Orthop. 2011;82:1-5 pubmed publisher..As the incidence of hip osteoarthritis has not increased, the indications for hip arthroplasty appear to have become broader. ..