Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish proteins in Taiwan
Topic: zebrafish proteins
- Huang K, Chen G, Cheng C, Liao K, Hung C, Chang G, et al. Phosphorylation of the zebrafish M6Ab at serine 263 contributes to filopodium formation in PC12 cells and neurite outgrowth in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26461 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish embryos, only S263D could induce neurite outgrowth. Our results reveal that the phosphorylation status of zebrafish M6Ab at serine 263 is critical for its role in regulating filopodium formation and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Lin C, Chen W, Lee H, Yang P, Yang H, Tsai H. The transcription factor Six1a plays an essential role in the craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;331:152-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we proposed four putative regulatory pathways to understand how six1a distinctly interacts with either myf5 or myod during zebrafish craniofacial muscle development. ..
- Li Y, Chen M, Gong H, Hu S, Li Y, Lin G, et al. Progranulin A-mediated MET signaling is essential for liver morphogenesis in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41001-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data have indicated that GrnA plays a vital role in embryonic liver morphogenesis in zebrafish. As a result, a novel link between PGRN and MET signaling is proposed. ..
- Lee Y, Yan J, Cruz S, Horng J, Hwang P. Anion exchanger 1b, but not sodium-bicarbonate cotransporter 1b, plays a role in transport functions of zebrafish H+-ATPase-rich cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C295-307 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, it was concluded that zAE1b, but not zNBCe1b, is involved in the basolateral transport pathways in Na(+) uptake/acid secretion mechanisms in zebrafish HR cells. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Lin Y, Tsai H. Spatiotemporal expression of zebrafish keratin 18 during early embryogenesis and the establishment of a keratin 18:RFP transgenic line. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:335-9 pubmed..We believe that Tg(k18(2.9):RFP) fish should be an excellent experimental animal for studying the zygotic regulatory mechanism of k18. ..
- Chen Y, Jeng Y, Yeh S, Chen P. P53 gene and Wnt signaling in benign neoplasms: beta-catenin mutations in hepatic adenoma but not in focal nodular hyperplasia. Hepatology. 2002;36:927-35 pubmed..In conclusion, beta-catenin, which participates in the Wnt signaling pathway, might play a more important role in the formation of HA than in that of FNH, but p53 is not associated with the development of either HA or FNH. ..
- Lien H, Yang C, Cheng C, Liao Y, Han Y, Huang C. Zinc finger protein 219-like (ZNF219L) and Sox9a regulate synuclein-?2 (sncgb) expression in the developing notochord of zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:189-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that coordination of ZNF219L with Sox9a is involved in the regulation of notochord-specific expression of sncgb. ..
- Chang W, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. The transcription factor, glial cell missing 2, is involved in differentiation and functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1192-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, functional regulation of HR cells is probably achieved by enhancing cell differentiation via zGCM2 activation. ..
- Lin T, Liao B, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. Carbonic anhydrase 2-like a and 15a are involved in acid-base regulation and Na+ uptake in zebrafish H+-ATPase-rich cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C1250-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide molecular physiological evidence to support the roles of these two zCA isoforms in Na+ uptake and acid-base regulation mechanisms in zebrafish HR cells. ..
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmed..Furthermore, in the absence of functional zEpo, the expression of specific markers for adult globin genes, such as alphaA1- and betaA1-globin, but not the embryonic betae1-globin, was affected. ..
- Wu C, Lin T, Chang T, Sun H, Hui C, Wu J. Zebrafish HSC70 promoter to express carp muscle-specific creatine kinase for acclimation under cold condition. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:1217-26 pubmed publisher..The swimming distance of the transgenic fish was 42% greater than that of the wild type at 13°C. This new transgenic fish model is ideal for studies of ectothermal vertebrates in low-temperature environments. ..
- Chen Y, Huang F, Cheng Y, Wu C, Yang C, Tsay H. Knockdown of zebrafish Nav1.6 sodium channel impairs embryonic locomotor activities. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:69-78 pubmed..The movement impairments caused by MO1, MO2, and MO3 suggest that the function of Na(v)1.6 sodium channels is essential on the normal early embryonic locomotor activities. ..
- Fu C, Su Y, Lee M, Chang G, Tsai H. Zebrafish Dkk3a protein regulates the activity of myf5 promoter through interaction with membrane receptor integrin ?6b. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40031-42 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that the secreted ligand Dkk3a binds to the membrane receptor Itg?6b, which increases the protein level of phosphorylated p38a and activates myf5 promoter activity of zebrafish embryos during myogenesis. ..
- Cruz S, Chao P, Hwang P. Cortisol promotes differentiation of epidermal ionocytes through Foxi3 transcription factors in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2013;164:249-57 pubmed publisher..We conclude that foxi3a/b transactivation by cortisol-GR favors differentiation of ionocyte progenitors, thereby facilitating proliferation of mature ionocytes. ..
- Tu C, Yang T, Huang H, Tsai H. Zebrafish arl6ip1 is required for neural crest development during embryogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32899 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that arl6ip1 is required for neural crest migration and sublineage specification. ..
- Her G, Yeh Y, Wu J. 435-bp liver regulatory sequence in the liver fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene is sufficient to modulate liver regional expression in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:347-56 pubmed
- Shih T, Horng J, Liu S, Hwang P, Lin L. Rhcg1 and NHE3b are involved in ammonium-dependent sodium uptake by zebrafish larvae acclimated to low-sodium water. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R84-93 pubmed publisher..This study provides loss-of-function evidence for the involvement of Rhcg1 and NHE3b in the ammonium-dependent Na(+) uptake mechanism in zebrafish larvae subjected to low-Na(+) water. ..
- Lu I, Chiang B, Lou K, Huang P, Yao C, Wang J, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of CCL21 and CCL25 chemokines in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:203-14 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate the basic profiles of two CCL chemokines in zebrafish. The tissue-specific expression patterns may pave the way for further genetic dissection in this model organism. ..
- Lai S, Chan T, Lin M, Huang W, Lou S, Lee S. Diaphanous-related formin 2 and profilin I are required for gastrulation cell movements. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3439 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zDia2 in conjunction with zPfn 1 are required for gastrulation cell movements in zebrafish. ..
- Ho Y, Lin Y, Tsai W, Hsieh F, Tsai H. Conditional antisense-knockdown of zebrafish cardiac troponin C as a new animal model for dilated cardiomyopathy. Circ J. 2009;73:1691-7 pubmed..001). Using conditional expression of antisense RNA of zebrafish cTnC, a new animal model with phenotypes simulating dilated cardiomyopathy has been created. ..
- Tu C, Yang T, Tsai H. Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 function redundantly and are required for cardiac morphogenesis of zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4249 pubmed publisher..7 plays a more critical function, specifically indicated by the gain-of-function and loss-of- function experiments where Nkx2.7 is observed to regulate the expressions of tbx5 and tbx20 through the maturation stage. ..
- Shih L, Lu Y, Chen Y, Lin C, Chen J, Hwang S. Characterization of the agr2 gene, a homologue of X. laevis anterior gradient 2, from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:452-60 pubmed
- Wu K, Huang C, Hwang S, Chang Y. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of the zebrafish bram1 gene, a BMP receptor-associated molecule. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:345-55 pubmed..Furthermore, cotransfection of zebrafish BRAM1 with the corresponding BMP receptor resulted in down-regulation of BMP-mediated signaling. Our results collectively indicate that BRAM1 plays a biological role during zebrafish development. ..
- Lin C, Lee H, Chen H, Hsieh C, Tsai H. Normal function of Myf5 during gastrulation is required for pharyngeal arch cartilage development in zebrafish embryos. Zebrafish. 2013;10:486-99 pubmed publisher..Together, the loss of Myf5 function results in a cascade effect that begins with abnormal formation of the dorsal organizer during gastrulation, causing, in turn, defects in the CNC and cranial cartilage of myf5-knockdown embryos. ..
- Horng J, Lin L, Huang C, Katoh F, Kaneko T, Hwang P. Knockdown of V-ATPase subunit A (atp6v1a) impairs acid secretion and ion balance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R2068-76 pubmed..This finding reveals the critical role of H(+)-ATPase in embryonic acid -secretion and ion balance, as well. ..
- Yeh L, Liu C, Chien C, Converse R, Kao W, Chen M, et al. Molecular analysis and characterization of zebrafish keratocan (zKera) gene. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:506-17 pubmed..This is different from mouse, for which keratocan-deficient mice are viable. Taken together, our data indicate that mammalian keratocan is conserved in zebrafish in terms of gene structure, expression pattern, and promoter function. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Wu T, Lin Y, Tsai H. A keratin 18 transgenic zebrafish Tg(k18(2.9):RFP) treated with inorganic arsenite reveals visible overproliferation of epithelial cells. Toxicol Lett. 2006;163:191-7 pubmed..Therefore, this Tg(k18(2.9):RFP) zebrafish line is an excellent model for studying toxicity induced by inorganic arsenite and may have potential for studying other environmental pollutants. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Li I, Hwang S. Zebrafish Agr2 is required for terminal differentiation of intestinal goblet cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34408 pubmed publisher..However, whether increased endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress occurs in Agr2(-/-) mice remains a controversial issue...
- Horng J, Lin L, Hwang P. Functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish embryos acclimated to an acidic environment. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;296:C682-92 pubmed publisher..p63 and PCNA immunostaining results also showed that additional HR cells in pH 4 water may be differentiated not only from ionocyte precursor cells but also newly proliferating epithelial stem cells. ..
- Lee H, Tseng W, Lo F, Liu T, Tsai H. FoxD5 mediates anterior-posterior polarity through upstream modulator Fgf signaling during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;336:232-45 pubmed publisher..An Fgf-FoxD5-Mesps signaling network is therefore proposed. ..
- Peng M, Wen H, Shih L, Kuo C, Hwang S. Myosin heavy chain expression in cranial, pectoral fin, and tail muscle regions of zebrafish embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:422-9 pubmed
- Liao B, Chen R, Hwang P. Expression regulation of Na+-K+-ATPase alpha1-subunit subtypes in zebrafish gill ionocytes. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1897-906 pubmed publisher..Taken together, zATP1a1a.1, zATP1a1a.2, and zATP1a1a.5 may provide driving force for Na+-coupled cotransporter activity specifically in NaR, NCC, and HR cells, respectively. ..
- Her G, Chiang C, Chen W, Wu J. In vivo studies of liver-type fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene expression in liver of transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). FEBS Lett. 2003;538:125-33 pubmed..Further, hhex and zXbp-1 morphants displayed a visible liver defect, which suggests that it is possible to establish an in vivo system for screening genes required for liver development. ..
- Yeh C, Liu Y, Chang C, Lai S, Hsiao C, Lee S. Ptenb mediates gastrulation cell movements via Cdc42/AKT1 in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18702 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ptenb by antagonizing PI3 kinase and its downstream Akt1 and Cdc42 to regulate actin polymerization that is critical for proper cell motility and migration control during gastrulation in zebrafish. ..
- Lin C, Tsai I, Su C, Tseng D, Hwang P. Reverse effect of mammalian hypocalcemic cortisol in fish: cortisol stimulates Ca2+ uptake via glucocorticoid receptor-mediated vitamin D3 metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23689 pubmed publisher..Lastly, cortisol also could mediate vitamin D(3) signaling to stimulate Ca(2+) uptake in zebrafish. ..
- Shih T, Horng J, Lai Y, Lin L. Rhcg1 and Rhbg mediate ammonia excretion by ionocytes and keratinocytes in the skin of zebrafish larvae: H+-ATPase-linked active ammonia excretion by ionocytes. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;304:R1130-8 pubmed publisher..Results showed that HR cells excreted NH?? against higher NH?? concentration than did keratinocytes. Knockdown of the expression of either Rhcg1 or H? -ATPase in HR cells suppressed the capability of HR cells. ..
- Chen G, Chou C, Hwang S, Wang F, Chen Y, Hung C, et al. Requirement of nuclear localization and transcriptional activity of p53 for its targeting to the yolk syncytial layer (YSL) nuclei in zebrafish embryo and its use for apoptosis assay. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:272-82 pubmed..We further showed that fusion of pro-apoptotic BAD protein to p53-GFP led to apoptosis of YSL cells, and subsequent imperfect microtubule formation and abnormal blastomere movements. ..
- Lee H, Huang H, Lin C, Chen Y, Tsai H. Foxd3 mediates zebrafish myf5 expression during early somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;290:359-72 pubmed..This report is the first study to show that Foxd3, a well-known regulator in neural crest development, is also involved in myf5 regulation. ..
- Wu Y, Liu C, Chen Y, Chen R, Huang C, Wang I. Blood vessel epicardial substance (Bves) regulates epidermal tight junction integrity through atypical protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39887-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a loss of zBves affects the proteins involved in the pathway of the PAR junctional complex, especially aPKC, and both aPKC and Bves are indispensable to claudin expression. ..
- Hsu R, Lin C, Su Y, Tsai H. dickkopf-3-related gene regulates the expression of zebrafish myf5 gene through phosphorylated p38a-dependent Smad4 activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6855-64 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that Dkk3r regulates p38a phosphorylation to maintain Smad4 stability, in turn enabling the Smad2·Smad3a·Smad4 complex to form and activate the myf5 promoter. ..
- Chou C, Hsu C, Wang Y, Chang M, Chen L, Cheng S, et al. Biochemical and structural properties of zebrafish Capsulin produced by Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2011;75:21-7 pubmed publisher..The present study not only helps us to comparatively analyze capsulin genes across species, but it also provides valuable structural information for further studies of Capsulin biological function in the future. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Yan H, Tsai H. Arl6ip1 plays a role in proliferation during zebrafish retinogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:161-74 pubmed publisher..Arl6ip1 not only affects signals controlling eye development but also plays an important role in the proliferation of retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Lin C, Hu H, Hwang P. Cortisol regulates sodium homeostasis by stimulating the transcription of sodium-chloride transporter (NCC) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;422:93-102 pubmed publisher..Taken together, cortisol and GR appear to regulate Na(+) absorption through stimulating ncc expression and the differentiation of ncc-expressing ionocytes, providing new insights into the actions of cortisol on Na(+) uptake. ..
- Li Y, Chiang K, Li Y, Wu S, Liu W, Lin C, et al. MiR-145 mediates zebrafish hepatic outgrowth through progranulin A signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177887 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest an important role of miR-145 in regulating GrnA-dependent hepatic outgrowth in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Lin C, Chen J, Loo M, Hsiao C, Chang W, Tsai H. MicroRNA-3906 regulates fast muscle differentiation through modulating the target gene homer-1b in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70187 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-3906 controls [Ca(2+)]i homeostasis in fast muscle through fine tuning homer-1b expression during differentiation to maintain normal muscle development. ..
- Tsai C, Tseng J, Lin S, Chang C, Wu J, Horng J, et al. Primary structure and developmental expression of zebrafish sodium channel Na(v)1.6 during neurogenesis. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:249-55 pubmed..6 plays an important role in tactile sensitivity. The abundance of zebrafish Na(v) 1.6 mRNA in the central and peripheral nervous systems increased markedly between 48 and 72 hpf, during the maturation of the nervous system. ..
- Tsai M, Cheng C, Lin Y, Chen C, Wu A, Wu M, et al. Isolation and characterization of a secreted, cell-surface glycoprotein SCUBE2 from humans. Biochem J. 2009;422:119-28 pubmed publisher..Thus human SCUBE2 could play important roles in HH-related biology and pathology, such as during organ development and tumour progression. ..
- Chen M, Gong H, Cheng C, Wang J, Hong J, Wu J. Cloning and characterization of zfBLP1, a Bcl-XL homologue from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1519:127-33 pubmed..7 kb long, was not detectable until the gastrula stage. These results suggest that zfBLP1 is a novel Bcl-2 family protein under complicated regulations, and is likely to play an important role in zebrafish oogenesis and embryogenesis. ..
- Shih L, Chen C, Chen C, Hwang S. Identification and characterization of bone morphogenetic protein 2/4 gene from the starfish Archaster typicus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;131:143-51 pubmed..The observed spatial distribution pattern vastly differs from that of sea urchin SpBMP2/4, which is expressed mainly in the oral ectoderm region of the mesenchyme blastula and early gastrula embryos...
- Hsieh Y, Chang M, Chen J, Yen J, Lu I, Chou C, et al. Cloning of zebrafish BAD, a BH3-only proapoptotic protein, whose overexpression leads to apoptosis in COS-1 cells and zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;304:667-75 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that zBAD could induce apoptosis in vitro and in vivo and may have biological implications in apoptosis during zebrafish development. ..
- Amali A, Lin C, Chen Y, Wang W, Gong H, Lee C, et al. Up-regulation of muscle-specific transcription factors during embryonic somitogenesis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) by knock-down of myostatin-1. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:847-56 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that myostatin plays a major role during myogenesis, apart from inhibition of proliferation as well as differentiation. ..
- Gong H, Lin C, Chen M, Hu M, Lin G, Zhou Y, et al. Two distinct teleost hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 genes, hnf1alpha/tcf1 and hnf1beta/tcf2, abundantly expressed in liver, pancreas, gut and kidney of zebrafish. Gene. 2004;338:35-46 pubmed..Our results indicate that distinct hnf1alpha and hnf1beta genes in teleosts had been evolved from the hnf1 ancestor gene of chordate. ..
- Chou C, Chen Y, Lee M, Chen G, Lu I, Chen S, et al. Expression and characterization of a brain-specific protein kinase BSK146 from zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:767-75 pubmed
- Lee S, Chan T, Chen T, Liao B, Hwang P, Lee H. LPA1 is essential for lymphatic vessel development in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2008;22:3706-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LPA(1) is necessary for lymphatic vessel formation during embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Lu J, Lu J, Choo S, Li Y, Yeh H, Shiue J, et al. Cascade effect of cardiac myogenesis gene expression during cardiac looping in tbx5 knockdown zebrafish embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:779-87 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that the heart failure caused by the knockdown of tbx5 gene might result from the down-regulation of cardiac myogenesis genes. ..
- Wu S, Chen Y, Huang F, Chang C, Chang Y, Tsay H. Multiple regulatory elements mediating neuronal-specific expression of zebrafish sodium channel gene, scn8aa. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2554-65 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that these four regulatory elements function cooperatively to enhance scn8aa expression in the zebrafish nervous system. ..
- Tong S, Mouriec K, Kuo M, Pellegrini E, Gueguen M, Brion F, et al. A cyp19a1b-gfp (aromatase B) transgenic zebrafish line that expresses GFP in radial glial cells. Genesis. 2009;47:67-73 pubmed publisher..It provides a powerful tool to further characterize progenitor radial cells in adult and developing fish and to evaluate estrogenic activities of xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Ko T, Tsai M, Lin C, Lin C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1021-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that zebrafish cdx1b plays important roles in regulating intestinal cell proliferation and the differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. ..
- Hsu H, Lin J, Chung B. Zebrafish cyp11a1 and hsd3b genes: structure, expression and steroidogenic development during embryogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;312:31-4 pubmed publisher..This early expression implies a novel role of steroids at gastrulation. ..
- Lee H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Lin K, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Transgenic zebrafish model to study translational control mediated by upstream open reading frame of human chop gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e139 pubmed publisher..Therefore, using the huORFZ embryos allows us to study the regulatory network involved in human uORF(chop)-mediated translational inhibition. ..
- Tong S, Chung B. Analysis of zebrafish cyp19 promoters. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;86:381-6 pubmed..The importance of these putative control elements in ovary and brain-specific promoter has been assessed by sequence comparison among various species. ..
- Tsao K, Tu C, Lee S, Yang R. Zebrafish scube1 (signal peptide-CUB (complement protein C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor) domain-containing protein 1) is involved in primitive hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5017-26 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that scube1 is critical for and functions at the top of the regulatory hierarchy of primitive hematopoiesis by modulating BMP activity during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Kuo M, Wang S, Chang J, Chang C, Huang L, Lin H, et al. A novel puf-A gene predicted from evolutionary analysis is involved in the development of eyes and primordial germ-cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4980 pubmed publisher..These studies represent an exemplary implementation of a unique platform to uncover unknown function(s) of human genes and their roles in development regulation. ..
- Wang P, Chien M, Wu F, Chou H, Lee S. Inhibition of embryonic development by microcystin-LR in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Toxicon. 2005;45:303-8 pubmed..These results suggested that MC-LR might affect the phosphorylation equilibrium of signaling molecules, including beta-catenin and cadherins, required early in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Chen Y, Luo W, Lee T, Yu S, Chang C. Identification of the proteins required for fatty acid desaturation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;440:671-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results implicate that Z-FADS, the sole fatty acid desaturase ever been identified in zebrafish, can serve as a universal fatty acid desaturase during lipogenesis. ..
- Hsu H, Lin G, Chung B. Parallel early development of zebrafish interrenal glands and pronephros: differential control by wt1 and ff1b. Development. 2003;130:2107-16 pubmed..Our results show that the zebrafish interrenal and pronephros are situated close together and go through parallel developmental processes but are governed by different signaling events...
- Hsiao C, Tsai W, Horng L, Tsai H. Molecular structure and developmental expression of three muscle-type troponin T genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:266-79 pubmed..These new findings may provide insight into the developmental regulation and molecular evolution of vertebrate Tnnt. ..
- Li Y, Chen H, Li Y, Wu S, Wangta Liu -, Lin G, et al. Progranulin regulates zebrafish muscle growth and regeneration through maintaining the pool of myogenic progenitor cells. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a critical role for PGRN in the maintenance of MPC and suggest that muscle atrophy under PGRN loss may begin with MPC during postembryonic myogenesis. ..
- Lin C, Su C, Tseng D, Ding F, Hwang P. Action of vitamin D and the receptor, VDRa, in calcium handling in zebrafish (Danio rerio). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45650 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish may be useful as a model to explore the function of vitamin D-VDR signaling in Ca(2+) homeostasis and the related physiological processes in vertebrates. ..
- Wang Y, Tseng Y, Yan J, Hiroi J, Hwang P. Role of SLC12A10.2, a Na-Cl cotransporter-like protein, in a Cl uptake mechanism in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1650-60 pubmed publisher..These results for the first time provide in vivo molecular physiological evidence for the possible role of the NCC in the Cl(-) uptake mechanism in zebrafish skin/gills. ..
- Hsu R, Lin C, Hoi H, Zheng S, Lin C, Tsai H. Novel intronic microRNA represses zebrafish myf5 promoter activity through silencing dickkopf-3 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:4384-93 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we concluded that miR-In300 binds to its target gene dkk3, which inhibits the translation of dkk3 mRNA and, in turn, suppresses zebrafish myf5 promoter activity. ..
- Hsu H, Liang M, Chen C, Chung B. Pregnenolone stabilizes microtubules and promotes zebrafish embryonic cell movement. Nature. 2006;439:480-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that pregnenolone preserves microtubule abundance and promotes cell movement during epiboly. ..
- Liu C, Chou M, Lin C, Wu S. Effects of ambient cadmium with calcium on mRNA expressions of calcium uptake related transporters in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:977-988 pubmed publisher..08 μM Cd. However, in the exposure condition, the ECaC and PMCA2 transcripts could be restored to control levels after the fish were treated in an environment with hCa. ..
- Chen J, Chang B, Chen Y, Lin C, Wu J, Kuo C. Molecular cloning, developmental expression, and hormonal regulation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) beta crystallin B1, a member of the superfamily of beta crystallin proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:105-10 pubmed..Despite small differences, these results indicate that both the structure of the beta crystallin B1 protein and its involvement with regulation by growth factors appear to have been remarkably conserved. ..
- Lin W, Chen L, Chen M, Kao H. Differential expression of zebrafish gpia and gpib during development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:238-45 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of gpia and gpib in zebrafish suggests partition or divergence of gpi functions between the two duplicates. ..
- Lafont A, Wang Y, Chen G, Liao B, Tseng Y, Huang C, et al. Involvement of calcitonin and its receptor in the control of calcium-regulating genes and calcium homeostasis in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1072-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CT acts as a hypocalcemic factor in calcium regulation, probably through inhibition of ECaC synthesis. ..
- Shih T, Horng J, Hwang P, Lin L. Ammonia excretion by the skin of zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1625-32 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates ammonia excretion in epithelial cells of larval skin through an acid-trapping mechanism, and it provides direct evidence for the involvement of the H(+) pump and an Rh glycoprotein (Rhcg1) in ammonia excretion. ..
- Tang C, Lai Y, Chen Y, Li C, Lu Y, Chen H, et al. Expression of zebrafish anterior gradient 2 in the semicircular canals and supporting cells of otic vesicle sensory patches is regulated by Sox10. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:425-37 pubmed publisher..6 to -2.5 kbp region upstream of agr2. These results demonstrate that agr2 expression in the otic vesicles of zebrafish embryos is regulated by Sox10. ..
- Guh Y, Tseng Y, Yang C, Hwang P. Endothelin-1 regulates H?-ATPase-dependent transepithelial H? secretion in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1728-37 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that EDN1 signaling is involved in acid-base regulation in zebrafish and enhance our understanding of EDN1 regulation of transepithelial H? secretion in vertebrates. ..
- Chen Y, Tsai H. Treatment with Myf5-morpholino results in somite patterning and brain formation defects in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2002;70:447-56 pubmed
- Braun D, Rao J, Mollet G, Schapiro D, Daugeron M, Tan W, et al. Mutations in KEOPS-complex genes cause nephrotic syndrome with primary microcephaly. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1529-1538 pubmed publisher..We thus identified four new monogenic causes of GAMOS, describe a link between KEOPS function and human disease, and delineate potential pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Lai S, Yao W, Tsao K, Houben A, Albers H, Ovaa H, et al. Autotaxin/Lpar3 signaling regulates Kupffer's vesicle formation and left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4439-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a major role for the Atx/Lpar3 signaling axis in regulating KV formation, ciliogenesis and L-R asymmetry via a Wnt-dependent pathway. ..
- Lin C, Chen Y, Lee H, Tsai H. Novel cis-element in intron 1 represses somite expression of zebrafish myf-5. Gene. 2004;334:63-72 pubmed..This is the first study to identify a novel, cis-acting silencer in intron 1 that is crucial to negatively regulating zebrafish myf-5 expression. ..
- Pan T, Liao B, Huang C, Lin L, Hwang P. Epithelial Ca(2+) channel expression and Ca(2+) uptake in developing zebrafish. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;289:R1202-11 pubmed..These results suggest that the zECaC plays a key role in Ca(2+) absorption in developing zebrafish. ..
- Chen Y, Cheng C, Chen G, Hung C, Yang C, Hwang S, et al. Recapitulation of zebrafish sncga expression pattern and labeling the habenular complex in transgenic zebrafish using green fluorescent protein reporter gene. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:746-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, this line can be used to study sncga gene regulation and for left-right asymmetry study in zebrafish brain. ..
- Tseng D, Chou M, Tseng Y, Hsiao C, Huang C, Kaneko T, et al. Effects of stanniocalcin 1 on calcium uptake in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R549-57 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that zSTC-1 negatively regulates ECaC gene expression to reduce Ca(2+) uptake in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Lin C, Yung R, Lee H, Chen W, Chen Y, Tsai H. Myogenic regulatory factors Myf5 and Myod function distinctly during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;299:594-608 pubmed..On the basis of the expression patterns of myf5 and myod, we propose a model to present how Myf5 and Myod are involved in head myogenesis of zebrafish. ..