Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish proteins in Belgium
Topic: zebrafish proteins
- Manfroid I, Ghaye A, Naye F, Detry N, Palm S, Pan L, et al. Zebrafish sox9b is crucial for hepatopancreatic duct development and pancreatic endocrine cell regeneration. Dev Biol. 2012;366:268-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, beta cell recovery after specific ablation is severely compromised in sox9b mutant larvae. Our data position sox9b as a key player in the generation of secondary endocrine cells deriving from pancreatic ducts in zebrafish...
- Voz M, Coppieters W, Manfroid I, Baudhuin A, Von Berg V, Charlier C, et al. Fast homozygosity mapping and identification of a zebrafish ENU-induced mutation by whole-genome sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34671 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study constitutes a proof-of-concept that whole-genome sequencing is a fast and effective alternative to the classical positional cloning strategies in zebrafish. ..
- De Wit M, Keil D, van der Ven K, Vandamme S, Witters E, De Coen W. An integrated transcriptomic and proteomic approach characterizing estrogenic and metabolic effects of 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;167:190-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrated that a proteomics approach can lift the biological interpretation of microarrays to a higher level, and moreover, opens a window for identification of possible new biomarkers. ..
- Esguerra C, Nelles L, Vermeire L, Ibrahimi A, Crawford A, Derua R, et al. Ttrap is an essential modulator of Smad3-dependent Nodal signaling during zebrafish gastrulation and left-right axis determination. Development. 2007;134:4381-93 pubmed
- Manfroid I, Delporte F, Baudhuin A, Motte P, Neumann C, Voz M, et al. Reciprocal endoderm-mesoderm interactions mediated by fgf24 and fgf10 govern pancreas development. Development. 2007;134:4011-21 pubmed
- Peeters H, Voz M, Verschueren K, De Cat B, Pendeville H, Thienpont B, et al. Sesn1 is a novel gene for left-right asymmetry and mediating nodal signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3369-77 pubmed..In this study, we identify SESN1 as an indispensable gene for vertebrate left-right asymmetry and a new player in mediating Nodal signaling. ..
- Nichane M, Van Campenhout C, Pendeville H, Voz M, Bellefroid E. The Na+/PO4 cotransporter SLC20A1 gene labels distinct restricted subdomains of the developing pronephros in Xenopus and zebrafish embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:667-72 pubmed..Together, our data reveal that the zebrafish and Xenopus pronephros have non-identical proximo-distal organizations. ..
- Pendeville H, Peers B, Kas K, Voz M. Cloning and embryonic expression of zebrafish PLAG genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:267-76 pubmed..This hypothesis was proven for the ventricular zone shown to be a highly proliferative zone using the anti-phosphohistone H3 antibody that detects cells in mitosis. ..
- Lampe X, Picard J, Rezsohazy R. The Hoxa2 enhancer 2 contains a critical Hoxa2 responsive regulatory element. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:898-902 pubmed..Here, we report that this enhancer region is activated in vitro by Hoxa2 and that this activation is strictly dependent on a short 10-bp sequence matching the consensus for Hox-Pbx recognition sites. ..
- Verreijdt L, Debiais Thibaud M, Borday Birraux V, Van der Heyden C, Sire J, Huysseune A. Expression of the dlx gene family during formation of the cranial bones in the zebrafish (Danio rerio): differential involvement in the visceral skeleton and braincase. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1371-89 pubmed..Whether dlx genes originally functioned in the visceral skeleton only, and whether their involvement in the formation of neurocranial bones (as in mammals) is secondary, awaits clarification. ..
- Flasse L, Stern D, Pirson J, Manfroid I, Peers B, Voz M. The bHLH transcription factor Ascl1a is essential for the specification of the intestinal secretory cells and mediates Notch signaling in the zebrafish intestine. Dev Biol. 2013;376:187-97 pubmed publisher..This highlights the diversity in the ARP/ASCL family members acting as cell fate determinants downstream from Notch signaling. ..
- Constantinescu S. Stemness, fusion and renewal of hematopoietic and embryonic stem cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2003;7:103-12 pubmed..The homeodomain protein Nanog has been shown to be crucial for the embryonic stem cell renewal and pluripotency. However, the cardinal question of how stemness is preserved in the early embryo and adult stem cells remains opened. ..