Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Taiwan
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Lee H, Huang H, Lin C, Chen Y, Tsai H. Foxd3 mediates zebrafish myf5 expression during early somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;290:359-72 pubmed..This report is the first study to show that Foxd3, a well-known regulator in neural crest development, is also involved in myf5 regulation. ..
- Chen Y, Huang F, Cheng Y, Wu C, Yang C, Tsay H. Knockdown of zebrafish Nav1.6 sodium channel impairs embryonic locomotor activities. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:69-78 pubmed..The movement impairments caused by MO1, MO2, and MO3 suggest that the function of Na(v)1.6 sodium channels is essential on the normal early embryonic locomotor activities. ..
- Shih T, Horng J, Liu S, Hwang P, Lin L. Rhcg1 and NHE3b are involved in ammonium-dependent sodium uptake by zebrafish larvae acclimated to low-sodium water. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R84-93 pubmed publisher..This study provides loss-of-function evidence for the involvement of Rhcg1 and NHE3b in the ammonium-dependent Na(+) uptake mechanism in zebrafish larvae subjected to low-Na(+) water. ..
- Lin L, Pang W, Chuang W, Hung G, Lin Y, Horng J. Extracellular Ca(2+) and Mg(2+) modulate aminoglycoside blockade of mechanotransducer channel-mediated Ca(2+) entry in zebrafish hair cells: an in vivo study with the SIET. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C1060-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated MET channel-mediated Ca(2+) entry at hair cells and showed that the SIET to be a sensitive approach for functionally assaying MET channels in zebrafish. ..
- Yang C, Cheng C, Chen G, Liao W, Chen Y, Huang K, et al. Zona pellucida domain-containing protein ?-tectorin is crucial for zebrafish proper inner ear development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23078 pubmed publisher..Tectorin is specifically expressed in the mammalian and avian inner ear...
- Her G, Chiang C, Wu J. Zebrafish intestinal fatty acid binding protein (I-FABP) gene promoter drives gut-specific expression in stable transgenic fish. Genesis. 2004;38:26-31 pubmed..Finally, it is possible to establish an in vivo system using these fish for screening genes required for gut development. genesis 38:26-31, 2004. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Lu J, Tsai H. A 23-amino acid motif spanning the basic domain targets zebrafish myogenic regulatory factor myf5 into nucleolus. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:651-60 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose that the distinct functions of Myf5 and MyoD may result from their differential binding affinity to nucleolin/C23. ..
- Kuo M, Wang S, Chang J, Chang C, Huang L, Lin H, et al. A novel puf-A gene predicted from evolutionary analysis is involved in the development of eyes and primordial germ-cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4980 pubmed publisher..These studies represent an exemplary implementation of a unique platform to uncover unknown function(s) of human genes and their roles in development regulation. ..
- Chen Y, Cheng Y, Hung A, Wu Y, Hou M, Tyan Y, et al. The synthetic flavonoid WYC02-9 inhibits cervical cancer cell migration/invasion and angiogenesis via MAPK14 signaling. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;131:734-43 pubmed publisher..WYC02-9 significantly inhibited cervical cancer cell proliferation/migration/invasion and angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo. WYC02-9 may be a promising drug candidate for cervical cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Huang S, Cheng C, Chen J, Gong H, Liu W, Wu J. Inducible liver-specific overexpression of gankyrin in zebrafish results in spontaneous intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and hepatocellular carcinoma formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1052-1058 pubmed publisher..Herein, we demonstrate an excellent zebrafish model for liver cancers that will be useful for studying the molecular mechanisms of tumorgenesis. ..
- Wu Y, Liu C, Chen Y, Chen R, Huang C, Wang I. Blood vessel epicardial substance (Bves) regulates epidermal tight junction integrity through atypical protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39887-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a loss of zBves affects the proteins involved in the pathway of the PAR junctional complex, especially aPKC, and both aPKC and Bves are indispensable to claudin expression. ..
- Sun C, Chu S, Chen S, Tsai T, Liu T, Lin C, et al. Higher harmonic generation microscopy for developmental biology. J Struct Biol. 2004;147:19-30 pubmed
- Chou M, Hsiao C, Chen S, Chen I, Liu S, Hwang P. Effects of hypothermia on gene expression in zebrafish gills: upregulation in differentiation and function of ionocytes as compensatory responses. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:3077-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that gills may sustain their functions by producing mature ionocytes from pre-existing undifferentiated progenitors in low-temperature environments. ..
- Hsu R, Yang H, Tsai H. Labeled microRNA pull-down assay system: an experimental approach for high-throughput identification of microRNA-target mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e77 pubmed publisher..elegans and zebrafish, yielding fewer false positive results than those produced by using only the bioinformatics approach. ..
- Chen Y, Cheng C, Chen G, Hung C, Yang C, Hwang S, et al. Recapitulation of zebrafish sncga expression pattern and labeling the habenular complex in transgenic zebrafish using green fluorescent protein reporter gene. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:746-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, this line can be used to study sncga gene regulation and for left-right asymmetry study in zebrafish brain. ..
- Chang M, Huang C, Hwang S, Lu I, Lin C, Kuo T, et al. Zebrafish heparin-binding neurotrophic factor enhances neurite outgrowth during its development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:502-9 pubmed..In addition, zebrafish HBNF was able to enhance extensive neurite outgrowth in zebrafish embryos during embryogenesis. In summary, a feasible in vivo assay for neurite outgrowth was established in zebrafish. ..
- Hsu H, Liang M, Chen C, Chung B. Pregnenolone stabilizes microtubules and promotes zebrafish embryonic cell movement. Nature. 2006;439:480-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that pregnenolone preserves microtubule abundance and promotes cell movement during epiboly. ..
- Lin C, Su W, Li L. Heat-induced antigen retrieval applied in zebrafish: whole-mount in situ immunofluorescence microscopy. Microsc Microanal. 2012;18:493-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we provide a choice for antigen retrieval, which is effective for whole-mount immunofluorescence microscopy. ..
- Lai W, Hsiao P, Guiguen Y, Chung B. Cloning of zebrafish cDNA for 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and P450scc. Endocr Res. 1998;24:927-31 pubmed..The cloning and the characterization of zebrafish P450scc and 3beta-HSD should facilitate study of steroidogenesis and human disease associated with steroid imbalance. ..
- Lin V, Ding H, Tsai P, Wu J, Lu Y, Chang T. In vitro and in vivo melanogenesis inhibition by biochanin A from Trifolium pratense. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:914-8 pubmed..Biochanin A was confirmed as a good candidate for use as a skin-whitening agent in the treatment of skin hyperpigmentation disorders...
- Her G, Chiang C, Chen W, Wu J. In vivo studies of liver-type fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene expression in liver of transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). FEBS Lett. 2003;538:125-33 pubmed..Further, hhex and zXbp-1 morphants displayed a visible liver defect, which suggests that it is possible to establish an in vivo system for screening genes required for liver development. ..
- Wu K, Huang C, Hwang S, Chang Y. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of the zebrafish bram1 gene, a BMP receptor-associated molecule. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:345-55 pubmed..Furthermore, cotransfection of zebrafish BRAM1 with the corresponding BMP receptor resulted in down-regulation of BMP-mediated signaling. Our results collectively indicate that BRAM1 plays a biological role during zebrafish development. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Lu J, Lin Y, Chang M, Tsai H. Epidermis-restricted expression of zebrafish cytokeratin II is controlled by a -141/+85 minimal promoter, and cassette -141/-111 is essential for driving the tissue specificity. Differentiation. 2006;74:186-94 pubmed..3):RFP) males crossed with wild-type females revealed that the earliest onset of RFP expression was at the sphere stage, indicating that this transgenic approach can be used for studying zygotic expression of maternally inherited genes. ..
- Liu W, Chen J, Hsu C, Li Y, Chen Y, Lin C, et al. A zebrafish model of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma by dual expression of hepatitis B virus X and hepatitis C virus core protein in liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:2268-76 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that TGF-?1 plays an important role in HBx- and HCP-induced ICC development. This in vivo model is a potential approach to study the molecular events of fibrosis and ICC occurring in HBV and HCV infection. ..
- Huang C, Tu C, Hsiao C, Hsieh F, Tsai H. Germ-line transmission of a myocardium-specific GFP transgene reveals critical regulatory elements in the cardiac myosin light chain 2 promoter of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:30-40 pubmed
- Yeh L, Liu C, Kao W, Huang C, Hu F, Chien C, et al. Knockdown of zebrafish lumican gene (zlum) causes scleral thinning and increased size of scleral coats. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28141-55 pubmed publisher..The observation suggests that zebrafish can be used as an in vivo model for screening compounds in treating myopia. ..
- Chou C, Hsu C, Wang Y, Chang M, Chen L, Cheng S, et al. Biochemical and structural properties of zebrafish Capsulin produced by Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2011;75:21-7 pubmed publisher..The present study not only helps us to comparatively analyze capsulin genes across species, but it also provides valuable structural information for further studies of Capsulin biological function in the future. ..
- Lafont A, Wang Y, Chen G, Liao B, Tseng Y, Huang C, et al. Involvement of calcitonin and its receptor in the control of calcium-regulating genes and calcium homeostasis in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1072-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CT acts as a hypocalcemic factor in calcium regulation, probably through inhibition of ECaC synthesis. ..
- Chang Y, Ding S, Lee Y, Wang Y, Huang M, Liu I. Taurine homeostasis requires de novo synthesis via cysteine sulfinic acid decarboxylase during zebrafish early embryogenesis. Amino Acids. 2013;44:615-29 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that the de novo synthesis pathway via Csad plays a critical role in taurine homeostasis and cardiac development in zebrafish early embryos. ..
- Weng W, Huang S, Ma Y, Chan H, Lin S, Wu J, et al. ?-Melanocyte-stimulating hormone inhibits angiogenesis through attenuation of VEGF/VEGFR2 signaling pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:1850-60 pubmed publisher..MSH is a potent angiogenesis inhibitor targeting at endothelial VEGF/VEGFR2 signaling, which may have potential for therapeutic application. ..
- Lee D, Chang G. Electrolytic reduction: modification of proteins occurring in isoelectric focusing electrophoresis and in electrolytic reactions in the presence of high salts. Anal Chem. 2009;81:3957-64 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have provided a method with the potential to convert proteins or peptides to corresponding modified products containing aldehyde groups that can be used for conjugation with amine-containing compounds. ..
- Chiang E, Yan Y, Guiguen Y, Postlethwait J, Chung Bc -. Two Cyp19 (P450 aromatase) genes on duplicated zebrafish chromosomes are expressed in ovary or brain. Mol Biol Evol. 2001;18:542-50 pubmed..The expression of duplicated cyp19 genes at two different tissues highlights the evolutionary significance of maintaining two active genes on duplicated zebrafish chromosomes for specific functions in the ovary and the brain. ..
- Hsieh Y, Chang M, Chen J, Yen J, Lu I, Chou C, et al. Cloning of zebrafish BAD, a BH3-only proapoptotic protein, whose overexpression leads to apoptosis in COS-1 cells and zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;304:667-75 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that zBAD could induce apoptosis in vitro and in vivo and may have biological implications in apoptosis during zebrafish development. ..
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Wu T, Lin Y, Tsai H. A keratin 18 transgenic zebrafish Tg(k18(2.9):RFP) treated with inorganic arsenite reveals visible overproliferation of epithelial cells. Toxicol Lett. 2006;163:191-7 pubmed..Therefore, this Tg(k18(2.9):RFP) zebrafish line is an excellent model for studying toxicity induced by inorganic arsenite and may have potential for studying other environmental pollutants. ..
- Shih L, Lu Y, Chen Y, Lin C, Chen J, Hwang S. Characterization of the agr2 gene, a homologue of X. laevis anterior gradient 2, from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:452-60 pubmed
- Lin Y, Mok H, Wu Y, Liang S, Hsiao C, Huang C, et al. Comparative proteomics analysis of degenerative eye lenses of nocturnal rice eel and catfish as compared to diurnal zebrafish. Mol Vis. 2013;19:623-37 pubmed
- Chen Y, Lee H, Liu C, Lin C, Tsai H. Novel regulatory sequence -82/-62 functions as a key element to drive the somite-specificity of zebrafish myf-5. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:41-50 pubmed..We conclude that the -70/-62 motif is essential for controlling somite-specific expression and the CCAAT-like box is essential for activating gene transcription. ..
- Chen Y, Wu B, Chu C, Cheng C, Han H, Chen G, et al. Identification and characterization of alternative promoters of zebrafish Rtn-4/Nogo genes in cultured cells and zebrafish embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:4635-50 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that zebrafish Rtn4/Nogo transcripts might be generated by coupling mechanisms of alternative first exons and alternative promoter usage. ..
- Shih L, Chen C, Chen C, Hwang S. Identification and characterization of bone morphogenetic protein 2/4 gene from the starfish Archaster typicus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;131:143-51 pubmed..The observed spatial distribution pattern vastly differs from that of sea urchin SpBMP2/4, which is expressed mainly in the oral ectoderm region of the mesenchyme blastula and early gastrula embryos...
- Lee H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Lin K, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Transgenic zebrafish model to study translational control mediated by upstream open reading frame of human chop gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e139 pubmed publisher..Therefore, using the huORFZ embryos allows us to study the regulatory network involved in human uORF(chop)-mediated translational inhibition. ..
- Lin C, Tsai I, Su C, Tseng D, Hwang P. Reverse effect of mammalian hypocalcemic cortisol in fish: cortisol stimulates Ca2+ uptake via glucocorticoid receptor-mediated vitamin D3 metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23689 pubmed publisher..Lastly, cortisol also could mediate vitamin D(3) signaling to stimulate Ca(2+) uptake in zebrafish. ..
- Hu M, Hsu H, Guo I, Chung B. Function of Cyp11a1 in animal models. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;215:95-100 pubmed..In addition, it is expressed in yolk syncytial layer during early embryogenesis. These two animal models complement each other for the understanding of gene regulatory pathways in human diseases related to steroid imbalance. ..
- Huang K, Chen G, Cheng C, Liao K, Hung C, Chang G, et al. Phosphorylation of the zebrafish M6Ab at serine 263 contributes to filopodium formation in PC12 cells and neurite outgrowth in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26461 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish embryos, only S263D could induce neurite outgrowth. Our results reveal that the phosphorylation status of zebrafish M6Ab at serine 263 is critical for its role in regulating filopodium formation and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Hsiao C, Tsai W, Horng L, Tsai H. Molecular structure and developmental expression of three muscle-type troponin T genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:266-79 pubmed..These new findings may provide insight into the developmental regulation and molecular evolution of vertebrate Tnnt. ..
- Tong S, Chung B. Analysis of zebrafish cyp19 promoters. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;86:381-6 pubmed..The importance of these putative control elements in ovary and brain-specific promoter has been assessed by sequence comparison among various species. ..
- Tong S, Mouriec K, Kuo M, Pellegrini E, Gueguen M, Brion F, et al. A cyp19a1b-gfp (aromatase B) transgenic zebrafish line that expresses GFP in radial glial cells. Genesis. 2009;47:67-73 pubmed publisher..It provides a powerful tool to further characterize progenitor radial cells in adult and developing fish and to evaluate estrogenic activities of xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens. ..
- Chang W, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. The transcription factor, glial cell missing 2, is involved in differentiation and functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1192-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, functional regulation of HR cells is probably achieved by enhancing cell differentiation via zGCM2 activation. ..
- Chen J, Chang B, Chen Y, Lin C, Wu J, Kuo C. Molecular cloning, developmental expression, and hormonal regulation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) beta crystallin B1, a member of the superfamily of beta crystallin proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:105-10 pubmed..Despite small differences, these results indicate that both the structure of the beta crystallin B1 protein and its involvement with regulation by growth factors appear to have been remarkably conserved. ..
- Wang P, Chien M, Wu F, Chou H, Lee S. Inhibition of embryonic development by microcystin-LR in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Toxicon. 2005;45:303-8 pubmed..These results suggested that MC-LR might affect the phosphorylation equilibrium of signaling molecules, including beta-catenin and cadherins, required early in zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- Lai S, Chang C, Wang P, Lee S. Rho mediates cytokinesis and epiboly via ROCK in zebrafish. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;71:186-96 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Rho mediates cleavage furrow protein assembly during cytokinesis and cellular migration during epiboly and gastrulation via a ROK/ROCK-dependent pathway. ..
- Huang H, Dai E, Liu J, Tu C, Yang T, Tsai H. The embryonic expression patterns and the knockdown phenotypes of zebrafish ADP-ribosylation factor-like 6 interacting protein gene. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:232-40 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that opsins of arl6ip-morphants were not transcribed. Based on this evidence, Arl6ip may play important roles in zebrafish ocular, heart, and fin-bud development. ..
- Wang W, Liu W, Gong H, Hong J, Lin C, Wu J. Activation of cytokine expression occurs through the TNF?/NF-?B-mediated pathway in birnavirus-infected cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:10-21 pubmed publisher..The modulation of TNF?/NF-?B-related mechanisms may provide a therapeutic strategy for inhibiting viral infection in teleosts. ..
- Lu I, Chiang B, Lou K, Huang P, Yao C, Wang J, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of CCL21 and CCL25 chemokines in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:203-14 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate the basic profiles of two CCL chemokines in zebrafish. The tissue-specific expression patterns may pave the way for further genetic dissection in this model organism. ..
- Liu W, Kuan Y, Chiu K, Wang W, Chang F, Liu C, et al. The extract of Rhodobacter sphaeroides inhibits melanogenesis through the MEK/ERK signaling pathway. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:1899-908 pubmed publisher..These findings establish Lycogen™ as a new target in melanogenesis and suggest a mechanism of action through the ERK signaling pathway. Our results suggested that Lycogen™ may have potential cosmetic usage in the future. ..
- Tu C, Yang T, Tsai H. Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 function redundantly and are required for cardiac morphogenesis of zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4249 pubmed publisher..7 plays a more critical function, specifically indicated by the gain-of-function and loss-of- function experiments where Nkx2.7 is observed to regulate the expressions of tbx5 and tbx20 through the maturation stage. ..
- Lin W, Chen L, Chen M, Kao H. Differential expression of zebrafish gpia and gpib during development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:238-45 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of gpia and gpib in zebrafish suggests partition or divergence of gpi functions between the two duplicates. ..
- Yeh C, Liu Y, Chang C, Lai S, Hsiao C, Lee S. Ptenb mediates gastrulation cell movements via Cdc42/AKT1 in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18702 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ptenb by antagonizing PI3 kinase and its downstream Akt1 and Cdc42 to regulate actin polymerization that is critical for proper cell motility and migration control during gastrulation in zebrafish. ..
- Chen M, Gong H, Cheng C, Wang J, Hong J, Wu J. Cloning and characterization of zfBLP1, a Bcl-XL homologue from the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1519:127-33 pubmed..7 kb long, was not detectable until the gastrula stage. These results suggest that zfBLP1 is a novel Bcl-2 family protein under complicated regulations, and is likely to play an important role in zebrafish oogenesis and embryogenesis. ..
- Tsai C, Tseng J, Lin S, Chang C, Wu J, Horng J, et al. Primary structure and developmental expression of zebrafish sodium channel Na(v)1.6 during neurogenesis. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:249-55 pubmed..6 plays an important role in tactile sensitivity. The abundance of zebrafish Na(v) 1.6 mRNA in the central and peripheral nervous systems increased markedly between 48 and 72 hpf, during the maturation of the nervous system. ..
- Hsieh D, Liao C. Zebrafish M2 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor: cloning, pharmacological characterization, expression patterns and roles in embryonic bradycardia. Br J Pharmacol. 2002;137:782-92 pubmed..In conclusion, the results suggest that the M2 mAChR inhibit basal heart rate in zebrafish embryo and the M2 mAChR mediates the CCh-induced bradycardia. ..
- Hsiao C, Ekker M, Tsai H. Skin-specific expression of ictacalcin, a homolog of the S100 genes, during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:745-50 pubmed..The strikingly heavy staining of ictacalcin in the pharyngeal region provides us with an early marker to follow the pharynx formation in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Lin C, Su C, Tseng D, Ding F, Hwang P. Action of vitamin D and the receptor, VDRa, in calcium handling in zebrafish (Danio rerio). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45650 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish may be useful as a model to explore the function of vitamin D-VDR signaling in Ca(2+) homeostasis and the related physiological processes in vertebrates. ..
- Peng M, Wen H, Shih L, Kuo C, Hwang S. Myosin heavy chain expression in cranial, pectoral fin, and tail muscle regions of zebrafish embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:422-9 pubmed
- Chu C, Cheng C, Chen G, Chen Y, Hung C, Huang K, et al. The zebrafish erythropoietin: functional identification and biochemical characterization. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4265-71 pubmed..Furthermore, in the absence of functional zEpo, the expression of specific markers for adult globin genes, such as alphaA1- and betaA1-globin, but not the embryonic betae1-globin, was affected. ..
- Lu M, Chao Y, Guo T, Santi N, Evensen O, Kasani S, et al. The interferon response is involved in nervous necrosis virus acute and persistent infection in zebrafish infection model. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1146-52 pubmed..This study is the first to demonstrate NNV infection of zebrafish, which could serve as a potential animal model to study virus pathogenesis and neuron degeneration research...
- Shih T, Horng J, Hwang P, Lin L. Ammonia excretion by the skin of zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1625-32 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates ammonia excretion in epithelial cells of larval skin through an acid-trapping mechanism, and it provides direct evidence for the involvement of the H(+) pump and an Rh glycoprotein (Rhcg1) in ammonia excretion. ..
- Hsieh C, Ko C, Chen S, Liu T, Wu J, Hu C, et al. In vivo long-term continuous observation of gene expression in zebrafish embryo nerve systems by using harmonic generation microscopy and morphant technology. J Biomed Opt. 2008;13:064041 pubmed publisher..e., SHG microscopy and THG microscopy, successfully revealed the weak cell adhesion, cell apoptosis, nerve formation reduction, and neural tube distortion in the morphant zebrafish embryos. ..
- Tu C, Yang T, Huang H, Tsai H. Zebrafish arl6ip1 is required for neural crest development during embryogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32899 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that arl6ip1 is required for neural crest migration and sublineage specification. ..
- Chen J, Chen J, Huang W, Liu C, Hui C, Chen T, et al. Molecular cloning and tissue-specific, developmental-stage-specific, and hormonal regulation of IGFBP3 gene in zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2004;6:1-7 pubmed..Elevated levels of expression of IGFBP-3 were observed 24 hours after injection with IGF-I and 48 hours with IGF-II or insulin. These results suggest that the expression of IGFBP3 gene might be modulated by IGF-I, IGF-II, and insulin. ..
- Lee S, Chan T, Chen T, Liao B, Hwang P, Lee H. LPA1 is essential for lymphatic vessel development in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2008;22:3706-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LPA(1) is necessary for lymphatic vessel formation during embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Cruz S, Shiao J, Liao B, Huang C, Hwang P. Plasma membrane calcium ATPase required for semicircular canal formation and otolith growth in the zebrafish inner ear. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:639-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Atp2b1a plays an important role for normal development of the auditory and vestibular system as well as calcium transport in the inner ear of zebrafish. ..
- Ng M, Tang T, Ko M, Wu Y, Hsu C, Yang Y, et al. Stimulation of the lateral division of the dorsal telencephalon induces synaptic plasticity in the medial division of adult zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2012;512:109-13 pubmed publisher..It also provides a new electrophysiological model for studying the neural mechanisms underlying learning and memory in zebrafish. ..
- Kuo M, Lou S, Postlethwait J, Chung B. Chromosomal organization, evolutionary relationship, and expression of zebrafish GnRH family members. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:629-39 pubmed..We propose a model describing the evolution of gnrh genes involving ancestral duplication of the genes followed by selective loss of one gene in some teleosts. ..
- Hsu H, Lin J, Chung B. Zebrafish cyp11a1 and hsd3b genes: structure, expression and steroidogenic development during embryogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;312:31-4 pubmed publisher..This early expression implies a novel role of steroids at gastrulation. ..
- Hu S, Lin P, Liao C, Gong H, Lin G, Kawakami K, et al. Nitroreductase-mediated gonadal dysgenesis for infertility control of genetically modified zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:569-78 pubmed publisher..These results show that oocyte-specific nitroreductase-mediated catalysis of metronidazole can cause reliable infertility in zebrafish and could potentially be used as a model for other aquaculture fish species. ..
- Hou H, Kuo M, Luo Y, Chang B. Recapitulation of human betaB1-crystallin promoter activity in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:435-43 pubmed..These data suggest that the fundamental transcriptional regulatory mechanism of the betaB1-crystallin gene has been well conserved between humans and zebrafish, and plausibly among all vertebrates, during evolution. ..
- Lai S, Chan T, Lin M, Huang W, Lou S, Lee S. Diaphanous-related formin 2 and profilin I are required for gastrulation cell movements. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3439 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zDia2 in conjunction with zPfn 1 are required for gastrulation cell movements in zebrafish. ..
- Liao B, Chen R, Hwang P. Expression regulation of Na+-K+-ATPase alpha1-subunit subtypes in zebrafish gill ionocytes. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1897-906 pubmed publisher..Taken together, zATP1a1a.1, zATP1a1a.2, and zATP1a1a.5 may provide driving force for Na+-coupled cotransporter activity specifically in NaR, NCC, and HR cells, respectively. ..
- Huang H, Liu J, Yan H, Tsai H. Arl6ip1 plays a role in proliferation during zebrafish retinogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;196:161-74 pubmed publisher..Arl6ip1 not only affects signals controlling eye development but also plays an important role in the proliferation of retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Yen T, Wu M, Chung C, Yang W, Jayakumar T, Geraldine P, et al. Novel synthetic benzimidazole-derived oligosaccharide, M3BIM, prevents ex vivo platelet aggregation and in vivo thromboembolism. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:26 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study suggest that M3BIM is a potential therapeutic agent for preventing or treating thromboembolic disorders. ..
- Hsu H, Lin G, Chung B. Parallel early development of zebrafish interrenal glands and pronephros: differential control by wt1 and ff1b. Development. 2003;130:2107-16 pubmed..Our results show that the zebrafish interrenal and pronephros are situated close together and go through parallel developmental processes but are governed by different signaling events...
- Chou C, Chen Y, Lee M, Chen G, Lu I, Chen S, et al. Expression and characterization of a brain-specific protein kinase BSK146 from zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:767-75 pubmed
- Lin C, Yung R, Lee H, Chen W, Chen Y, Tsai H. Myogenic regulatory factors Myf5 and Myod function distinctly during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;299:594-608 pubmed..On the basis of the expression patterns of myf5 and myod, we propose a model to present how Myf5 and Myod are involved in head myogenesis of zebrafish. ..
- Hu M, Gong H, Lin G, Hu S, Chen M, Huang S, et al. XBP-1, a key regulator of unfolded protein response, activates transcription of IGF1 and Akt phosphorylation in zebrafish embryonic cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:778-83 pubmed
- Lin Y, Hsieh L, Kuo M, Yu J, Kuo H, Lo W, et al. Human TRIM71 and its nematode homologue are targets of let-7 microRNA and its zebrafish orthologue is essential for development. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:2525-34 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the regulation of TRIM71 expression by let-7 has been evolutionarily conserved and that TRIM71 likely plays an important role in development. ..
- Yeh L, Liu C, Chien C, Converse R, Kao W, Chen M, et al. Molecular analysis and characterization of zebrafish keratocan (zKera) gene. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:506-17 pubmed..This is different from mouse, for which keratocan-deficient mice are viable. Taken together, our data indicate that mammalian keratocan is conserved in zebrafish in terms of gene structure, expression pattern, and promoter function. ..