Experts and Doctors on xylans in Sweden
- Li J, Kisara K, Danielsson S, Lindström M, Gellerstedt G. An improved methodology for the quantification of uronic acid units in xylans and other polysaccharides. Carbohydr Res. 2007;342:1442-9 pubmed..By combining the two methods, a complete quantification of all individual types of uronic acids present in a sample can be achieved. ..
- Gunnarsson L, Dexlin L, Karlsson E, Holst O, Ohlin M. Evolution of a carbohydrate binding module into a protein-specific binder. Biomol Eng. 2006;23:111-7 pubmed..We have thus shown that the scaffold of CBM4-2 is able to harbour molecular recognition for either carbohydrate or protein structures...
- Wu A, Rihouey C, Seveno M, Hörnblad E, Singh S, Matsunaga T, et al. The Arabidopsis IRX10 and IRX10-LIKE glycosyltransferases are critical for glucuronoxylan biosynthesis during secondary cell wall formation. Plant J. 2009;57:718-31 pubmed publisher..This contrasts with the proposed function of the tobacco NpGUT1, which is closely related to the Arabidopsis IRX10 and IRX10-L proteins, in rhamnogalacturonan II biosynthesis. ..
- Karlsson E, Bartonek Roxå E, Holst O. Evidence for substrate binding of a recombinant thermostable xylanase originating from Rhodothermus marinus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;168:1-7 pubmed
- Kochumalayil J, Zhou Q, Kasai W, Berglund L. Regioselective modification of a xyloglucan hemicellulose for high-performance biopolymer barrier films. Carbohydr Polym. 2013;93:466-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this regioselective modification can be carefully controlled, and results in a new type of cellulose derivatives with preserved cellulose backbone without the need for harmful solvents...
- Kaewthai N, Gendre D, Eklöf J, Ibatullin F, Ezcurra I, Bhalerao R, et al. Group III-A XTH genes of Arabidopsis encode predominant xyloglucan endohydrolases that are dispensable for normal growth. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:440-54 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that there is likely to be an interplay between these xyloglucan endohydrolases and recently discovered apoplastic exo-glycosidases in the hydrolytic modification of matrix xyloglucans. ..
- Kim J, Sandquist D, Sundberg B, Daniel G. Spatial and temporal variability of xylan distribution in differentiating secondary xylem of hybrid aspen. Planta. 2012;235:1315-30 pubmed publisher..Differences in xylan localization between aspen (hardwood) and cedar (softwood) are also discussed. ..
- Jacobs A, Lundqvist J, Stålbrand H, Tjerneld F, Dahlman O. Characterization of water-soluble hemicelluloses from spruce and aspen employing SEC/MALDI mass spectroscopy. Carbohydr Res. 2002;337:711-7 pubmed..75. The fractions eluted last consisted of oligosaccharide mixtures composed primarily of small neutral O-acetyl-xylooligosaccharides (DP(p) 6, DS 0.41), together with minor quantities of an O-acetyl-glucomannan...
- Andersson R, Fransson G, Tietjen M, Aman P. Content and molecular-weight distribution of dietary fiber components in whole-grain rye flour and bread. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:2004-8 pubmed publisher..97 x 10(6) g/mol. During bread making, the molecular weight of the beta-glucan was substantially degraded. ..
- Mark P, Baumann M, Eklöf J, Gullfot F, Michel G, Kallas A, et al. Analysis of nasturtium TmNXG1 complexes by crystallography and molecular dynamics provides detailed insight into substrate recognition by family GH16 xyloglucan endo-transglycosylases and endo-hydrolases. Proteins. 2009;75:820-36 pubmed publisher
- Gunnarsson L, Zhou Q, Montanier C, Karlsson E, Brumer H, Ohlin M. Engineered xyloglucan specificity in a carbohydrate-binding module. Glycobiology. 2006;16:1171-80 pubmed
- Filonova L, Gunnarsson L, Daniel G, Ohlin M. Synthetic xylan-binding modules for mapping of pulp fibres and wood sections. BMC Plant Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed
- Cicortas Gunnarsson L, Montanier C, Tunnicliffe R, Williamson M, Gilbert H, Nordberg Karlsson E, et al. Novel xylan-binding properties of an engineered family 4 carbohydrate-binding module. Biochem J. 2007;406:209-14 pubmed..The evolution of CBM4-2 has thus generated a xylan-binding module with different binding properties to those displayed by CBMs available in Nature...