Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on xenopus in United States
Locale: United States
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Lund E, Güttinger S, Calado A, Dahlberg J, Kutay U. Nuclear export of microRNA precursors. Science. 2004;303:95-8 pubmed..Thus, Exp5 is key to miRNA biogenesis and may help coordinate nuclear and cytoplasmic processing steps. ..
- Liu X, Alexander C, Serrano J, Borg E, Dawson D. Variable reactivity of an engineered cysteine at position 338 in cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator reflects different chemical states of the thiol. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8275-85 pubmed..Metal liganding alters thiol reactivity and may, in some cases, catalyze oxidation of the thiol to an unreactive form such as a sulfinic or sulfonic acid. ..
- Blair T, Roberds S, Tamkun M, Hartshorne R. Functional characterization of RK5, a voltage-gated K+ channel cloned from the rat cardiovascular system. FEBS Lett. 1991;295:211-3 pubmed..RK5 is sensitive to 4-AP, IC50 = 5 mM, and is insensitive to TEA and dendrotoxins. The voltage dependence and kinetics of the RK5 induced currents suggest this channel contributes to the Ito current in heart. ..
- Langford C, Little B, Kavanaugh M, Landfear S. Functional expression of two glucose transporter isoforms from the parasitic protozoan Leishmania enriettii. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:17939-43 pubmed..These results reveal that both transporter isoforms have closely related functional properties and that the difference in their structures may serve some other purpose such as differential subcellular localization...
- Post M, Kirsch G, Brown A. Kv2.1 and electrically silent Kv6.1 potassium channel subunits combine and express a novel current. FEBS Lett. 1996;399:177-82 pubmed..1. Our results indicate that Kv channel subfamilies can form heteromultimeric channels and, for the first time, suggest a possible functional role for the Kv6 subfamily. ..
- Scott I, Blitz I, Pappano W, Maas S, Cho K, Greenspan D. Homologues of Twisted gastrulation are extracellular cofactors in antagonism of BMP signalling. Nature. 2001;410:475-8 pubmed..We conclude that Tsg acts as a cofactor in chordin's antagonism of BMP signalling. ..
- Berdiev B, Xia J, Jovov B, Markert J, Mapstone T, Gillespie G, et al. Protein kinase C isoform antagonism controls BNaC2 (ASIC1) function. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45734-40 pubmed..The variable expression of the PKC isotypes and their functional antagonism in regulating BNaC2 activity support the idea that the participation of multiple PKC isotypes contributes to the overall activity of BNaC2. ..
- Yanow S, Gold D, Yoo H, Dunphy W. Xenopus Drf1, a regulator of Cdc7, displays checkpoint-dependent accumulation on chromatin during an S-phase arrest. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41083-92 pubmed..Taken together, these observations argue that Drf1 is regulated by an intra-S-phase checkpoint mechanism that down-regulates the loading of Cdc45 onto chromatin containing DNA replication blocks. ..
- Gonzalez Begne M, Nakamoto T, Nguyen H, Stewart A, Alper S, Melvin J. Enhanced formation of a HCO3- transport metabolon in exocrine cells of Nhe1-/- mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35125-32 pubmed
- Aharony D, Little J, Thomas C, Powell S, Berry D, Graham A. Isolation and pharmacological characterization of a hamster urinary bladder neurokinin A receptor cDNA. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;45:9-19 pubmed..The rank order of antagonist affinity is consistent with the observations of NK-2 receptor pharmacology in the native tissues. ..
- Kumar V, Knowle D, Gavini N, Pulakat L. Identification of the region of AT2 receptor needed for inhibition of the AT1 receptor-mediated inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate generation. FEBS Lett. 2002;532:379-86 pubmed..Moreover, these nine mutations are also sufficient to render the AT2 with the ability to activate phospholipase C. ..
- El Hodiri H, Qi X, Seufert D. The Xenopus arx gene is expressed in the developing rostral forebrain. Dev Genes Evol. 2003;212:608-12 pubmed..We report the isolation and expression pattern of a Xenopus arx gene. Similar to other vertebrate arx genes, Xenopus arx is expressed in the developing telencephalon, diencephalon, and floor plate. ..
- Lomakin A, Semenova I, Zaliapin I, Kraikivski P, Nadezhdina E, Slepchenko B, et al. CLIP-170-dependent capture of membrane organelles by microtubules initiates minus-end directed transport. Dev Cell. 2009;17:323-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MT dynamics are required for the initiation of MT transport of membrane organelles in interphase cells, and that +TIPs such as CLIP-170 play an important role in this process...
- Sedzinski J, Hannezo E, Tu F, Biro M, Wallingford J. Emergence of an Apical Epithelial Cell Surface In Vivo. Dev Cell. 2016;36:24-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings define the forces driving this cell behavior, contributing to a more comprehensive understanding of epithelial homeostasis. ..
- Session A, Uno Y, Kwon T, Chapman J, Toyoda A, Takahashi S, et al. Genome evolution in the allotetraploid frog Xenopus laevis. Nature. 2016;538:336-343 pubmed publisher..The subgenomes have evolved asymmetrically, with one chromosome set more often preserving the ancestral state and the other experiencing more gene loss, deletion, rearrangement, and reduced gene expression. ..
- Lopez Hernandez G, Placzek A, Thinschmidt J, Lestage P, Trocme Thibierge C, Morain P, et al. Partial agonist and neuromodulatory activity of S 24795 for alpha7 nAChR responses of hippocampal interneurons. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:134-44 pubmed..This dilution factor was consistent with the potency of ACh and S 24795 in the oocyte expression system (EC(50)s approximately 30 microM). ..
- Boskovski M, Yuan S, Pedersen N, Goth C, Makova S, Clausen H, et al. The heterotaxy gene GALNT11 glycosylates Notch to orchestrate cilia type and laterality. Nature. 2013;504:456-9 pubmed publisher..Together our data demonstrate that Galnt11 modifies Notch, establishing an essential balance between motile and immotile cilia at the left-right organizer to determine laterality, and reveal a novel mechanism for human heterotaxy...
- Wilson G, Wang Z, Chouinard S, Griffith L, Ganetzky B. Interaction of the K channel beta subunit, Hyperkinetic, with eag family members. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6389-94 pubmed..Through their ability to interact with a range of alpha subunits, the beta subunits of voltage-gated K channels are likely to have a much broader impact on the signaling properties of neurons and muscle fibers than previously suggested. ..
- Naren A, Di A, Cormet Boyaka E, Boyaka P, McGhee J, Zhou W, et al. Syntaxin 1A is expressed in airway epithelial cells, where it modulates CFTR Cl(-) currents. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:377-86 pubmed
- Dimitrova D, Prokhorova T, Blow J, Todorov I, Gilbert D. Mammalian nuclei become licensed for DNA replication during late telophase. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:51-9 pubmed..We conclude that the functional association of Mcm proteins with chromatin (i.e. replication licensing) in CHO cells takes place during telophase, several hours prior to the specification of replication origins at the DHFR locus. ..
- Thiriet C, Hayes J. Replication-independent core histone dynamics at transcriptionally active loci in vivo. Genes Dev. 2005;19:677-82 pubmed
- Polo Parada L, Plattner F, Bose C, Landmesser L. NCAM 180 acting via a conserved C-terminal domain and MLCK is essential for effective transmission with repetitive stimulation. Neuron. 2005;46:917-31 pubmed..We propose that this pathway is required to replenish synaptic vesicles utilized during high levels of exocytosis by facilitating myosin-driven delivery of synaptic vesicles to active zones or their subsequent exocytosis. ..
- Sherwood T, Lee K, Gormley M, Askwith C. Heteromeric acid-sensing ion channels (ASICs) composed of ASIC2b and ASIC1a display novel channel properties and contribute to acidosis-induced neuronal death. J Neurosci. 2011;31:9723-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data indicate that ASIC2, like ASIC1, plays a role in acidosis-induced neuronal death and implicate the ASIC2b/1a subtype as a novel pharmacological target to prevent neuronal injury after stroke. ..
- Najafi M, Haeri M, Knox B, Schiesser W, Calvert P. Impact of signaling microcompartment geometry on GPCR dynamics in live retinal photoreceptors. J Gen Physiol. 2012;140:249-66 pubmed publisher..Our approach has for the first time allowed direct examination of GPCR dynamics within a live cell signaling microcompartment and a quantitative assessment of the impact of compartment geometry on GPCR activity...
- Krapivinsky G, Gordon E, Wickman K, Velimirovic B, Krapivinsky L, Clapham D. The G-protein-gated atrial K+ channel IKACh is a heteromultimer of two inwardly rectifying K(+)-channel proteins. Nature. 1995;374:135-41 pubmed..It is now shown that IKACh is a heteromultimer of two distinct inwardly rectifying K(+)-channel subunits, GIRK1 and a newly cloned member of the family, CIR. ..
- Yoshitake Y, Howard T, Christian J, Hollenberg S. Misexpression of Polycomb-group proteins in Xenopus alters anterior neural development and represses neural target genes. Dev Biol. 1999;215:375-87 pubmed..These observations indicate an important role for the Polycomb-group in regulating gene expression in the developing anterior central nervous system. ..
- Jovov B, Tousson A, Ji H, Keeton D, Shlyonsky V, Ripoll P, et al. Regulation of epithelial Na(+) channels by actin in planar lipid bilayers and in the Xenopus oocyte expression system. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:37845-54 pubmed..We conclude that actin subserves an important regulatory function for ENaC and that planar bilayers are an appropriate system in which to study the biophysical and regulatory properties of these cloned channels. ..
- Tong Y, Brandt G, Li M, Shapovalov G, Slimko E, Karschin A, et al. Tyrosine decaging leads to substantial membrane trafficking during modulation of an inward rectifier potassium channel. J Gen Physiol. 2001;117:103-18 pubmed..1 currents. These data establish that side chain decaging can provide valuable time-resolved data about intracellular signaling systems. ..
- Zhu Y, Auerbach A. Na(+) occupancy and Mg(2+) block of the n-methyl-d-aspartate receptor channel. J Gen Physiol. 2001;117:275-86 pubmed
- Mandato C, Bement W. Contraction and polymerization cooperate to assemble and close actomyosin rings around Xenopus oocyte wounds. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:785-97 pubmed
- Kwon Y, Smerdon M. Binding of zinc finger protein transcription factor IIIA to its cognate DNA sequence with single UV photoproducts at specific sites and its effect on DNA repair. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45451-9 pubmed..These results have implications for the mechanism of DNA damage recognition and repair in protein-DNA complexes. ..
- Muñoz V, Vaidyanathan R, Tolkacheva E, Dhamoon A, Taffet S, Anumonwo J. Kir2.3 isoform confers pH sensitivity to heteromeric Kir2.1/Kir2.3 channels in HEK293 cells. Heart Rhythm. 2007;4:487-96 pubmed..The single and double stable cells presented in this study are useful models for studying physiologic regulation of heteromeric Kir2 channels in mammalian cells. ..
- MARTINEZ DE LUNA R, El Hodiri H. The Xenopus ortholog of the nuclear hormone receptor Nr2e3 is primarily expressed in developing photoreceptors. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:235-40 pubmed publisher..We found that Nr2e3 is primarily expressed in developing rod photoreceptors. In contrast to other species, Nr2e3 is also expressed in the notochord and pineal gland during Xenopus laevis development...
- Compton D. Chromosome orientation. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:179-81 pubmed..Some clarity is now emerging with the identification of Bod1 (Biorientation Defective 1), a protein that promotes chromosome biorientation by unleashing chromosomes from improperly oriented microtubule attachments. ..
- Navarro M, Bachant J. RanBP2: a tumor suppressor with a new twist on TopoII, SUMO, and centromeres. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:293-5 pubmed publisher..Analysis of this interaction reveals TopoII recruitment to CENs is likely to play an important role in preventing chromosome segregation errors that lead to cancer. ..
- Bikkavilli R, Avasarala S, Vanscoyk M, Sechler M, Kelley N, Malbon C, et al. Dishevelled3 is a novel arginine methyl transferase substrate. Sci Rep. 2012;2:805 pubmed publisher..Thus arginine methylation is shown to be an important switch in regulation of Dishevelled function and Wnt signaling. ..
- Jin S, Zhang Z, Dunwell T, Harter M, Wu X, Johnson J, et al. Tet3 Reads 5-Carboxylcytosine through Its CXXC Domain and Is a Potential Guardian against Neurodegeneration. Cell Rep. 2016;14:493-505 pubmed publisher..Active removal of accumulating 5mC from the TSSs of genes coding for lysosomal proteins by Tet3FL in postmitotic neurons of the brain may be important for preventing neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Adelman J, Bond C, Pessia M, Maylie J. Episodic ataxia results from voltage-dependent potassium channels with altered functions. Neuron. 1995;15:1449-54 pubmed..The results suggest a cellular mechanism underlying EA in which the affected nerve cells cannot efficiently repolarize following an action potential because of altered delayed rectifier function. ..
- Setzer D, Menezes S, Del Rio S, Hung V, Subramanyan G. Functional interactions between the zinc fingers of Xenopus transcription factor IIIA during 5S rRNA binding. RNA. 1996;2:1254-69 pubmed
- Sanchez M, Ullman B, Landfear S, Carter N. Cloning and functional expression of a gene encoding a P1 type nucleoside transporter from Trypanosoma brucei. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30244-9 pubmed..Genomic Southern blots suggest that there are multiple genes related in sequence to TbNT2, implying the existence of a family of nucleoside transporter genes in these parasites. ..
- Gonzalez Fernandez F. Evolution of the visual cycle: the role of retinoid-binding proteins. J Endocrinol. 2002;175:75-88 pubmed..Here we draw lessons from other soluble hormone-binding proteins to anticipate avenues of future research likely to provide insight into the structure and function of IRBP in vision. ..
- Robles E, Woo S, Gomez T. Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation at the tips of growth cone filopodia promotes extension. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7669-81 pubmed..Coordinated activation of cytoskeletal effector proteins by GTPase binding and Src-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation may function to produce specific growth cone behaviors in response to guidance cues. ..
- Fairbank P, Lee C, Ellis A, Hildebrand J, Gross J, Wallingford J. Shroom2 (APXL) regulates melanosome biogenesis and localization in the retinal pigment epithelium. Development. 2006;133:4109-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, because the locus encoding human SHROOM2 lies within the critical region for two distinct forms of ocular albinism, it is possible that SHROOM2 mutations may be a contributing factor in these human visual system disorders...
- Chang M, DiPiero J, SONNICHSEN F, Romero M. Entry to "formula tunnel" revealed by SLC4A4 human mutation and structural model. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18402-10 pubmed publisher..These results contrast the current understanding of the AE1 N terminus as protein-binding sites and propose that hkNBCe1 (and other SLC4) cytoplasmic N termini play roles in controlling HCO(3)(-) permeation. ..
- Fullenkamp A, El Hodiri H. The function of the Aristaless-related homeobox (Arx) gene product as a transcriptional repressor is diminished by mutations associated with X-linked mental retardation (XLMR). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:73-8 pubmed publisher..The octapeptide motif functions through interaction with members of the Groucho family of co-repressors. The C-terminal domain functions through interaction with C-terminal binding protein (CtBP). ..
- Loukin S, Su Z, Zhou X, Kung C. Forward genetic analysis reveals multiple gating mechanisms of TRPV4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19884-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TRPV4 contains an additional voltage-dependent gating mechanism in series with the main intracellular gate. ..
- Kumar S, Yoo H, Kumagai A, Shevchenko A, Shevchenko A, Dunphy W. Role for Rif1 in the checkpoint response to damaged DNA in Xenopus egg extracts. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1183-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Rif1 plays a dynamic role in the early steps of a checkpoint response to DSBs in the egg-extract system by promoting the correct accumulation of key regulators on the DNA...
- Ancellin N, Hla T. Differential pharmacological properties and signal transduction of the sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors EDG-1, EDG-3, and EDG-5. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18997-9002 pubmed..Furthermore, because only EDG-3 was antagonized by suramin, variations in receptor structure may determine differences in antagonist selectivity. This property may be exploited to synthesize receptor subtype-specific antagonists. ..
- Bantle J, Finch R, Fort D, Stover E, Hull M, Kumsher King M, et al. Phase III interlaboratory study of FETAX. Part 3. FETAX validation using 12 compounds with and without an exogenous metabolic activation system. J Appl Toxicol. 1999;19:447-72 pubmed..The MAS was essential in using FETAX to predict developmental hazard in mammals, and still requires further development. ..
- Ancellin N, Colmont C, Su J, Li Q, Mittereder N, Chae S, et al. Extracellular export of sphingosine kinase-1 enzyme. Sphingosine 1-phosphate generation and the induction of angiogenic vascular maturation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6667-75 pubmed..These findings suggest that S1P is made in the extracellular milieu and that extracellular export of SK contributes to the action of S1P in the vascular system. ..
- Gandhi C, Olcese R. The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;491:213-31 pubmed publisher..Our focus is on voltage-gated ion channels, but the technique described can be applied to other proteins. We describe the cut open vaseline gap configuration (COVG) for VCF recording. ..
- Makde R, England J, Yennawar H, Tan S. Structure of RCC1 chromatin factor bound to the nucleosome core particle. Nature. 2010;467:562-6 pubmed publisher..Our structure also suggests that the Widom 601 DNA positioning sequence present in the nucleosomes forms a 145-base-pair nucleosome core particle, not the expected canonical 147-base-pair particle. ..
- Kanning K, Hudson M, Amieux P, Wiley J, Bothwell M, Schecterson L. Proteolytic processing of the p75 neurotrophin receptor and two homologs generates C-terminal fragments with signaling capability. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5425-36 pubmed
- Miyauchi S, Gopal E, Fei Y, Ganapathy V. Functional identification of SLC5A8, a tumor suppressor down-regulated in colon cancer, as a Na(+)-coupled transporter for short-chain fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13293-6 pubmed..These studies establish the functional identity of SLC5A8 as a Na(+)-coupled transporter for short-chain fatty acids. ..
- Gopal E, Fei Y, Sugawara M, Miyauchi S, Zhuang L, Martin P, et al. Expression of slc5a8 in kidney and its role in Na(+)-coupled transport of lactate. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44522-32 pubmed..slc5a8 is the first transporter known to be expressed in mammalian kidney that has the ability to mediate the Na(+)-coupled reabsorption of lactate. ..
- Liu Y, Festing M, Hester M, Thompson J, Weinstein M. Generation of novel conditional and hypomorphic alleles of the Smad2 gene. Genesis. 2004;40:118-123 pubmed..This allele (Smad2(3loxP)) functions hypomorphically when placed opposite a null allele, and unlike the other published Smad2 hypomorphic allele, can be maintained in the homozygous state. ..
- Pantoja R, Rodriguez E, Dibas M, Dougherty D, Lester H. Single-molecule imaging of a fluorescent unnatural amino acid incorporated into nicotinic receptors. Biophys J. 2009;96:226-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, we report on the cell-based single-molecule detection of nAChR beta19'Lys(BODIPYFL). ..
- Khakh B, Zhou X, Sydes J, Galligan J, Lester H. State-dependent cross-inhibition between transmitter-gated cation channels. Nature. 2000;406:405-10 pubmed..Our data provide a molecular basis and a synaptic context for cross-inhibition between transmitter-gated channels. ..
- Ferkey D, Kimelman D. GSK-3: new thoughts on an old enzyme. Dev Biol. 2000;225:471-9 pubmed
- Thyagarajan A, Szaro B. Phylogenetically conserved binding of specific K homology domain proteins to the 3'-untranslated region of the vertebrate middle neurofilament mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49680-8 pubmed..Since hnRNP E is known to stabilize mRNAs, these results raise the hypothesis that these proteins may contribute to the increases in cytoplasmic levels of NF-M mRNA that accompany axonal maturation. ..
- Torrice M, Bower K, Lester H, Dougherty D. Probing the role of the cation-pi interaction in the binding sites of GPCRs using unnatural amino acids. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11919-24 pubmed publisher..48, suggesting a reorientation of W6.48 on agonist binding, consistent with proposed "rotamer switch" models. Interestingly, no comparable cation-pi interaction was found at the aligning residue in the M2 receptor. ..
- Bond C, Ammala C, Ashfield R, Blair T, Gribble F, Khan R, et al. Cloning and functional expression of the cDNA encoding an inwardly-rectifying potassium channel expressed in pancreatic beta-cells and in the brain. FEBS Lett. 1995;367:61-6 pubmed..However, pharmacological differences and the lack of ATP-sensitivity, suggest that if, this is the case, heterologous subunits must exert strong modulatory influences on the native channel. ..
- Lee C, Mayfield R, Harris R. Intron 4 containing novel GABAB1 isoforms impair GABAB receptor function. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14044 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the intron 4 containing N-terminal truncation is necessary for the inhibitory action of the new splice variants. ..
- Adelman J, Shen K, Kavanaugh M, Warren R, Wu Y, Lagrutta A, et al. Calcium-activated potassium channels expressed from cloned complementary DNAs. Neuron. 1992;9:209-16 pubmed..The results suggest that alternative splicing gives rise to a large family of functionally diverse, calcium-activated potassium channels...
- Errabolu R, Sanders M, Salisbury J. Cloning of a cDNA encoding human centrin, an EF-hand protein of centrosomes and mitotic spindle poles. J Cell Sci. 1994;107 ( Pt 1):9-16 pubmed
- Newman C, Krieg P. The Xenopus bagpipe-related homeobox gene zampogna is expressed in the pharyngeal endoderm and the visceral musculature of the midgut. Dev Genes Evol. 1999;209:132-4 pubmed..zax is transcribed within the muscular layer of the forming midgut as well as in the embryonic head, where zax transcripts mark both the pharyngeal endoderm and the future infrarostral cartilage. ..
- Zhu Y, Auerbach A. K(+) occupancy of the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor channel probed by Mg(2+) block. J Gen Physiol. 2001;117:287-98 pubmed
- Klein K, Polyak S, Lingappa J. Unique features of hepatitis C virus capsid formation revealed by de novo cell-free assembly. J Virol. 2004;78:9257-69 pubmed..By allowing reproducible and quantitative assessment of viral and cellular requirements for capsid formation, these cell-free systems make a mechanistic dissection of HCV capsid assembly possible. ..
- Maniero G, Robert J. Phylogenetic conservation of gp96-mediated antigen-specific cellular immunity: new evidence from adoptive cell transfer in xenopus. Transplantation. 2004;78:1415-21 pubmed..These data provide new in vivo evidence that in frogs as in mammals, gp96 can prime CD8 T cells against antigens they chaperone. In addition, at least in Xenopus, gp96 can prime CD8(+) T-cell effectors that are not MHC restricted. ..
- O Brien L, Albee A, Liu L, Tao W, Dobrzyn P, Lizarraga S, et al. The Xenopus TACC homologue, maskin, functions in mitotic spindle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2836-47 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that in addition to its previously reported role as a translational regulator, maskin is also important for mitotic spindle assembly. ..
- Rouhana L, Wang L, Buter N, Kwak J, Schiltz C, Gonzalez T, et al. Vertebrate GLD2 poly(A) polymerases in the germline and the brain. RNA. 2005;11:1117-30 pubmed..We suggest that mammalian GLD2 poly(A) polymerases are important in synaptic translation, and in polyadenylation throughout the soma. ..
- Borghese C, Werner D, Topf N, Baron N, Henderson L, Boehm S, et al. An isoflurane- and alcohol-insensitive mutant GABA(A) receptor alpha(1) subunit with near-normal apparent affinity for GABA: characterization in heterologous systems and production of knockin mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;319:208-18 pubmed..This knockin mouse line should be useful in determining which behavioral actions of volatile anesthetics and ethanol are mediated by the GABA(A)Rs containing the alpha(1) subunit. ..
- Koroma A, Jones R, Michalak P. Snapshot of DNA methylation changes associated with hybridization in Xenopus. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:1276-80 pubmed publisher..6%), but this difference was not statistically significant. A total of 76 methylated fragments (20.9%) were hybrid-unique, presumably originating from methylation alterations in hybrid genomes. ..
- Brooks E, Wallingford J. Control of vertebrate intraflagellar transport by the planar cell polarity effector Fuz. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:37-45 pubmed publisher..These data place Fuz in the small group of known IFT effectors outside the core machinery and, additionally, identify Fuz as a novel cytoplasmic effector that differentiates between the retrograde and anterograde IFT complexes. ..
- Semenova I, Gupta D, Usui T, Hayakawa I, Cowan A, Rodionov V. Stimulation of microtubule-based transport by nucleation of microtubules on pigment granules. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1418-1425 pubmed publisher..We conclude that generation of new MT transport tracks by concentration of the leading pigment granules provides a positive feedback loop that enhances delivery of trailing granules to the cell center. ..
- Betancur P, Bronner Fraser M, Sauka Spengler T. Genomic code for Sox10 activation reveals a key regulatory enhancer for cranial neural crest. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3570-5 pubmed publisher..Using cis-regulatory analysis as a tool, our study makes critical connections within the neural crest gene regulatory network, thus being unique in establishing a direct link of upstream effectors to a key neural crest specifier. ..
- Batni S, Scalzetti L, Moody S, Knox B. Characterization of the Xenopus rhodopsin gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3179-86 pubmed..These results locate transcriptional control elements upstream of the Xenopus rhodopsin gene and show the feasibility of embryo transfections for promoter analysis of rod-specific genes. ..
- Benazeraf B, Francois P, Baker R, Denans N, Little C, Pourquie O. A random cell motility gradient downstream of FGF controls elongation of an amniote embryo. Nature. 2010;466:248-52 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that tissue elongation is an emergent property that arises from the collective regulation of graded, random cell motion rather than by the regulation of directionality of individual cellular movements. ..
- Fairman W, Vandenberg R, Arriza J, Kavanaugh M, Amara S. An excitatory amino-acid transporter with properties of a ligand-gated chloride channel. Nature. 1995;375:599-603 pubmed..Thus EAAT4 combines the re-uptake of neurotransmitter with a mechanism for increasing chloride permeability, both of which could regulate excitatory neurotransmission. ..
- Green C, Besharse J. Identification of a novel vertebrate circadian clock-regulated gene encoding the protein nocturnin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:14884-8 pubmed..Our observations suggest that nocturnin may function through protein-protein interaction either as a component of the circadian clock or as a downstream effector of clock function. ..
- Seyfang A, Landfear S. Four conserved cytoplasmic sequence motifs are important for transport function of the Leishmania inositol/H(+) symporter. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5687-93 pubmed..We conclude that the conserved acidic residues Glu(187), Asp(300), and Glu(429) are critical for transport function of MIT. ..
- Yang W, Levesque P, Little W, Conder M, Ramakrishnan P, Neubauer M, et al. Functional expression of two KvLQT1-related potassium channels responsible for an inherited idiopathic epilepsy. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19419-23 pubmed..The functional interaction between KCNQ2 and KCNQ3 provides a framework for understanding how mutations in either channel can cause a form of idiopathic generalized epilepsy. ..