Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on wnt proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: wnt proteins
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Primus A, Freeman G. The cnidarian and the canon: the role of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the evolution of metazoan embryos. Bioessays. 2004;26:474-8 pubmed..imply that this developmental mechanism is an evolutionary inheritance from a radially symmetrical ancestor. Some of the gaps in the current evidence, which must be filled to evaluate their interpretation, are discussed. ..
- Deshpande R, Inoue T, Priess J, Hill R. lin-17/Frizzled and lin-18 regulate POP-1/TCF-1 localization and cell type specification during C. elegans vulval development. Dev Biol. 2005;278:118-29 pubmed..These experiments suggest that Wnt signaling pathways reorient cell lineages in the posterior half of the vulva from a default orientation displayed in the anterior half of the vulva. ..
- Ai M, Holmen S, Van Hul W, Williams B, Warman M. Reduced affinity to and inhibition by DKK1 form a common mechanism by which high bone mass-associated missense mutations in LRP5 affect canonical Wnt signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4946-55 pubmed
- Park T, Gray R, Sato A, Habas R, Wallingford J. Subcellular localization and signaling properties of dishevelled in developing vertebrate embryos. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1039-44 pubmed..These results suggest that in vertebrate embryos, subcellular localization is insufficient to account for the pathway specificity of Dishevelled in the canonical Wnt versus PCP signaling cascades. ..
- Chen X, Halberg R, Burch R, Dove W. Intestinal adenomagenesis involves core molecular signatures of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Mol Histol. 2008;39:283-94 pubmed publisher..These unexpected observations are interpreted as reflecting the involvement of a core of the EMT system during the tissue remodeling of early tumorigenesis. ..
- Dillman A, Minor P, Sternberg P. Origin and evolution of dishevelled. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:251-62 pubmed publisher..We discuss our findings in the context of functional specialization and bring many testable hypotheses to light. ..
- McQueeney K, Soufer R, Dealy C. Beta-catenin-dependent Wnt signaling in apical ectodermal ridge induction and FGF8 expression in normal and limbless mutant chick limbs. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:315-25 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that the limbless gene is required for beta-catenin-dependent Wnt signaling in limb ectoderm leading to FGF8 expression and AER formation. ..
- Warner D, Greene R, Pisano M. Interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled in murine embryonic craniofacial mesenchymal cells. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2005;8:123-30 pubmed..Smad 3 binds all three known isoforms of Dishevelled and binds Dishevelled 1 in vivo. TGFbeta signaling modulates the interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled-1. ..
- Ratajczak J, Miekus K, Kucia M, Zhang J, Reca R, Dvorak P, et al. Embryonic stem cell-derived microvesicles reprogram hematopoietic progenitors: evidence for horizontal transfer of mRNA and protein delivery. Leukemia. 2006;20:847-56 pubmed..We postulate that ES-MV may efficiently expand HPC by stimulating them with ES-MV expressed ligands (e.g., Wnt-3) as well as increase their pluripotency after horizontal transfer of ES-derived mRNA. ..
- Paige S, Osugi T, Afanasiev O, Pabon L, Reinecke H, Murry C. Endogenous Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for cardiac differentiation in human embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11134 pubmed publisher..Controlling these pathways permits efficient generation of cardiomyocytes for basic studies or cardiac repair applications. ..
- Dunlap S, Chiao L, Nogueira L, Usary J, Perou C, Varticovski L, et al. Dietary energy balance modulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and tumor progression in murine claudin-low and basal-like mammary tumor models. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012;5:930-42 pubmed publisher..EMT pathway components may represent targets for breaking the obesity-breast cancer link, particularly for preventing and/or controlling TIC-enriched subtypes such as claudin-low breast cancer. ..
- Lin K, Broitman Maduro G, Hung W, Cervantes S, Maduro M. Knockdown of SKN-1 and the Wnt effector TCF/POP-1 reveals differences in endomesoderm specification in C. briggsae as compared with C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2009;325:296-306 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that integration of Wnt-dependent and Wnt-independent cell fate specification pathways within the Caenorhabditis genus can occur in different ways. ..
- Mohan M, Herz H, Takahashi Y, Lin C, Lai K, Zhang Y, et al. Linking H3K79 trimethylation to Wnt signaling through a novel Dot1-containing complex (DotCom). Genes Dev. 2010;24:574-89 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study describes for the first time the components of DotCom and links the specific regulation of H3K79 trimethylation by Dot1 and its associated factors to the Wnt/Wingless signaling pathway. ..
- Maruyama E, Yu H, Jiang M, Fu J, Hsu W. Gpr177 deficiency impairs mammary development and prohibits Wnt-induced tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56644 pubmed publisher..This study not only demonstrates the necessity of Wnt in mammary organogenesis but also provides a proof-of-principle for targeting of Gpr177 as a potential new treatment for human diseases with aberrant Wnt stimulation. ..
- ..e., Sclerostin, Dan, Sostdc1, Vwf, Norrin, Pdgf, Mucin) and discusses how this motif plays a role in mediating Wnt signaling through interactions with LRP. ..
- Winslow B, Burke A. Atypical molecular profile for joint development in the avian costal joint. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2547-57 pubmed publisher..However Autotaxin and Noggin are expressed. The molecular profile of the costal joint suggests there are alternative mechanisms of interzone development. ..
- Mödder U, Oursler M, Khosla S, Monroe D. Wnt10b activates the Wnt, notch, and NF?B pathways in U2OS osteosarcoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:1392-402 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, Wnt3a failed to induce the Notch and NF?B pathways, demonstrating Wnt-specificity. In conclusion, our data demonstrate that Wnt10b, but not Wnt3a, stimulates the NF?B and Notch pathways in U2OS osteosarcoma cells. ..
- White B, Chien A, Dawson D. Dysregulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling in gastrointestinal cancers. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:219-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude by addressing some of the major challenges faced in attempting to target the pathway in the clinic. ..
- Avanesov A, Honeyager S, Malicki J, Blair S. The role of glypicans in Wnt inhibitory factor-1 activity and the structural basis of Wif1's effects on Wnt and Hedgehog signaling. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002503 pubmed publisher..In fact, full-length Wif1 affected distribution and signaling of Hh in D. melanogaster, albeit weakly, suggesting a possible role for Wif1 as a modulator of vertebrate Hh signaling. ..
- Zhai L, Chaturvedi D, Cumberledge S. Drosophila wnt-1 undergoes a hydrophobic modification and is targeted to lipid rafts, a process that requires porcupine. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33220-7 pubmed..Based on these results we propose a model whereby lipidation targets Wnt-1 to secretory vesicles that deliver the ligand to specialized microdomains at the cell surface where it can be packaged for secretion. ..
- Ozbudak E, Pourquie O. The vertebrate segmentation clock: the tip of the iceberg. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2008;18:317-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic analyses in mouse indicate that Wnt and FGF play only a permissive role in the control of the oscillations. Therefore, the nature of the segmentation clock pacemaker still remains elusive. ..
- Bikkavilli R, Avasarala S, Vanscoyk M, Sechler M, Kelley N, Malbon C, et al. Dishevelled3 is a novel arginine methyl transferase substrate. Sci Rep. 2012;2:805 pubmed publisher..Thus arginine methylation is shown to be an important switch in regulation of Dishevelled function and Wnt signaling. ..
- Li L, Mao J, Sun L, Liu W, Wu D. Second cysteine-rich domain of Dickkopf-2 activates canonical Wnt signaling pathway via LRP-6 independently of dishevelled. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5977-81 pubmed..All the evidence indicates that Dkk-2C2 signals through LRP proteins, which does not require Dvl, while Wnt protein may employ both Dvl, presumably through Fz, and LRP to achieve more efficient signal transduction. ..
- Li X, Zhang X, Johnson M, Wang Z, LaVaute T, Zhang S. Coordination of sonic hedgehog and Wnt signaling determines ventral and dorsal telencephalic neuron types from human embryonic stem cells. Development. 2009;136:4055-63 pubmed publisher..The coordination of Wnt and SHH signaling through GLI3 represents a novel mechanism that regulates ventral-dorsal patterning in the development of forebrain neuronal subtypes. ..
- McGraw H, Drerup C, Culbertson M, Linbo T, Raible D, Nechiporuk A. Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordium. Development. 2011;138:3921-30 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish. ..
- Frame J, Fegan K, Conway S, McGrath K, Palis J. Definitive Hematopoiesis in the Yolk Sac Emerges from Wnt-Responsive Hemogenic Endothelium Independently of Circulation and Arterial Identity. Stem Cells. 2016;34:431-44 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate the heterogeneity in hematopoietic output and spatiotemporal regulation of primary embryonic hemogenic endothelium. ..
- Taniguchi K, Roberts L, Aderca I, Dong X, Qian C, Murphy L, et al. Mutational spectrum of beta-catenin, AXIN1, and AXIN2 in hepatocellular carcinomas and hepatoblastomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:4863-71 pubmed
- Liu Z, Tang Y, Qiu T, Cao X, Clemens T. A dishevelled-1/Smad1 interaction couples WNT and bone morphogenetic protein signaling pathways in uncommitted bone marrow stromal cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17156-63 pubmed..These results identify a potential mechanism whereby BMP-2 antagonizes Wnt signaling in osteoblast progenitors by promoting an interaction between Smad1 and Dvl-1 that restricts beta-catenin activation. ..
- Spears E, Neufeld K. Novel double-negative feedback loop between adenomatous polyposis coli and Musashi1 in colon epithelia. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4946-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that APC/MSI1 interactions maintain homeostatic balance in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Rabbani P, Takeo M, Chou W, Myung P, Bosenberg M, Chin L, et al. Coordinated activation of Wnt in epithelial and melanocyte stem cells initiates pigmented hair regeneration. Cell. 2011;145:941-955 pubmed publisher..Our data define a role for Wnt signaling in the regulation of McSCs and also illustrate a mechanism for regeneration of complex organs through collaboration between heterotypic stem cell populations. ..
- Zhang Z, Wang X, Cheng S, Sun L, Son Y, Yao H, et al. Reactive oxygen species mediate arsenic induced cell transformation and tumorigenesis through Wnt/?-catenin pathway in human colorectal adenocarcinoma DLD1 cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;256:114-21 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that ROS are involved in arsenic induced cell transformation and tumor formation possible through Wnt/?-catenin pathway in human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line DLD1 cells. ..
- Liu X, Wu S, Xia Y, Li X, Xia Y, Zhou Z, et al. Wingless homolog Wnt11 suppresses bacterial invasion and inflammation in intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;301:G992-G1003 pubmed publisher..Wnt11 is a novel and important contributor to intestinal homeostasis and host defense. ..
- Mehta V, Abler L, Keil K, Schmitz C, Joshi P, Vezina C. Atlas of Wnt and R-spondin gene expression in the developing male mouse lower urogenital tract. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2548-60 pubmed publisher..These results reveal sexual differences in WNT/?-catenin signaling in fetal LUT, supporting the idea that this pathway may be directly or indirectly responsive to androgens during prostate ductal development. ..
- Azarin S, Lian X, Larson E, Popelka H, de Pablo J, Palecek S. Modulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling in human embryonic stem cells using a 3-D microwell array. Biomaterials. 2012;33:2041-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the Wnt-positive cells within EBs showed upregulation of genes associated with cardiogenesis. These results demonstrate that modulation of intercellular interactions impacts Wnt/?-catenin signaling in hESCs. ..
- Chandrakesan P, Roy B, Jakkula L, Ahmed I, Ramamoorthy P, Tawfik O, et al. Utility of a bacterial infection model to study epithelial-mesenchymal transition, mesenchymal-epithelial transition or tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2014;33:2639-54 pubmed publisher..The TMCH model, therefore, provides an excellent template to study how alterations in intestinal stem cells promote trans-differentiation, crypt regeneration or colon carcinogenesis following bacterial infection. ..
- Brown J, Hallagan S, McGrew L, Miller J, Moon R. The maternal Xenopus beta-catenin signaling pathway, activated by frizzled homologs, induces goosecoid in a cell non-autonomous manner. Dev Growth Differ. 2000;42:347-57 pubmed..These data demonstrate that maternal Frizzleds can activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in Xenopus embryos, and that induction of a known downstream gene can occur in a cell non-autonomous manner. ..
- Takemaru K, Yamaguchi S, Lee Y, Zhang Y, Carthew R, Moon R. Chibby, a nuclear beta-catenin-associated antagonist of the Wnt/Wingless pathway. Nature. 2003;422:905-9 pubmed..In addition, epistasis experiments indicate that chibby acts downstream of wingless and upstream of armadillo. ..
- Berndt J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d promotes cell proliferation and neural crest cell development downstream of TCF in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:3983-92 pubmed..Finally, Sema3d overexpression rescues reduced proliferation caused by DeltaTCF expression, suggesting that Sema3d lies downstream of Wnt/TCF signaling in the molecular pathway thought to control cell cycle in NCC precursors. ..
- Nambiar R, Ignatius M, Henion P. Zebrafish colgate/hdac1 functions in the non-canonical Wnt pathway during axial extension and in Wnt-independent branchiomotor neuron migration. Mech Dev. 2007;124:682-98 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate novel roles for zebrafish hdac1 in activating non-canonical Wnt/PCP signaling underlying axial extension and in promoting Wnt-independent caudal migration of a subset of hindbrain branchiomotor neurons. ..
- Yu W, McDonnell K, Taketo M, Bai C. Wnt signaling determines ventral spinal cord cell fates in a time-dependent manner. Development. 2008;135:3687-96 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel mechanism by which ventral patterning is achieved through a coordination of Wnt and Shh signaling. ..
- Lamonica K, Bass M, Grabel L. The planar cell polarity pathway directs parietal endoderm migration. Dev Biol. 2009;330:44-53 pubmed publisher..Canonical Wnt signaling or the Rac arm of the PCP pathway does not appear to play a role in PE oriented migration. These data suggest the PCP pathway via Rho/ROCK modulates migration of PE. ..
- Zhang B, Liang C, Bates R, Yin Y, Xiong W, Mei L. Wnt proteins regulate acetylcholine receptor clustering in muscle cells. Mol Brain. 2012;5:7 pubmed publisher..NMJ formation requires agrin and its coreceptors LRP4 and MuSK. Increasing evidence indicates that Wnt signaling regulates NMJ formation in Drosophila, C. elegans and zebrafish...
- Kim E, Sullivan J, Plisch E, Tejera M, Jatzek A, Choi K, et al. Signal integration by Akt regulates CD8 T cell effector and memory differentiation. J Immunol. 2012;188:4305-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that therapeutic modulation of Akt might be a strategy to augment vaccine-induced immunity. ..
- Flentke G, Garic A, Hernandez M, Smith S. CaMKII represses transcriptionally active ?-catenin to mediate acute ethanol neurodegeneration and can phosphorylate ?-catenin. J Neurochem. 2014;128:523-35 pubmed publisher..These results inform ethanol's neurotoxicity and offer unexpected insights into other neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders having dysregulated calcium or ?-catenin signaling. ..
- Shi J, Wang Y, Zeng L, Wu Y, Deng J, Zhang Q, et al. Disrupting the interaction of BRD4 with diacetylated Twist suppresses tumorigenesis in basal-like breast cancer. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:210-25 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that the interaction with BRD4 is critical for the oncogenic function of Twist in BLBC. ..
- Xu L, Corcoran R, Welsh J, Pennica D, Levine A. WISP-1 is a Wnt-1- and beta-catenin-responsive oncogene. Genes Dev. 2000;14:585-95 pubmed..Although these cells did not acquire anchorage-independent growth in soft agar, they readily formed tumors in nude mice, suggesting that appropriate cellular attachment is important for signaling oncogenic events downstream of WISP-1. ..
- Ferkey D, Kimelman D. GSK-3: new thoughts on an old enzyme. Dev Biol. 2000;225:471-9 pubmed
- Inoue T, Oz H, Wiland D, Gharib S, Deshpande R, Hill R, et al. C. elegans LIN-18 is a Ryk ortholog and functions in parallel to LIN-17/Frizzled in Wnt signaling. Cell. 2004;118:795-806 pubmed..Thus, two independent Wnt signaling pathways, one employing a Ryk receptor and the other a Frizzled receptor, function in parallel to regulate cell fate patterning in the C. elegans vulva. ..
- You J, Nguyen A, Albers C, Lin F, Holcombe R. Wnt pathway-related gene expression in inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:1013-9 pubmed..The role and complex regulation of Sox17 and iNOS in IBD warrant further investigation. ..
- Ohtola J, Myers J, Akhtar Zaidi B, Zuzindlak D, Sandesara P, Yeh K, et al. beta-Catenin has sequential roles in the survival and specification of ventral dermis. Development. 2008;135:2321-9 pubmed publisher..Consistent with the different origins of dorsal and ventral dermal cells, our results demonstrate both conserved and divergent roles of beta-catenin/Wnt signaling in dermal development. ..
- Mi K, Dolan P, Johnson G. The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6 interacts with glycogen synthase kinase 3 and attenuates activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4787-94 pubmed..This is the first identification of a direct interaction between LRP6 and GSK3, which results in an attenuation of GSK3 activity. ..
- Dale J, Malapert P, Chal J, Vilhais Neto G, Maroto M, Johnson T, et al. Oscillations of the snail genes in the presomitic mesoderm coordinate segmental patterning and morphogenesis in vertebrate somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2006;10:355-66 pubmed..Thus, Snail genes define a class of cyclic genes that coordinate segmentation and PSM morphogenesis. ..
- Shiau C, Hu N, Bronner Fraser M. Altering Glypican-1 levels modulates canonical Wnt signaling during trigeminal placode development. Dev Biol. 2010;348:107-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that appropriate levels of GPC1 are essential for proper regulation of canonical Wnt signaling during differentiation and organization of trigeminal placodal cells into ganglia. ..
- Fei Y, Xiao L, Doetschman T, Coffin D, Hurley M. Fibroblast growth factor 2 stimulation of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation is mediated by modulation of the Wnt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40575-83 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that FGF2 stimulation of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation is mediated in part by modulating the Wnt pathway. ..
- Mao J, Wang J, Liu B, Pan W, Farr G, Flynn C, et al. Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-5 binds to Axin and regulates the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. Mol Cell. 2001;7:801-9 pubmed..In addition, the LRP-5 sequences involved in interactions with Axin are required for LEF-1 activation. Thus, we conclude that the binding of Axin to LRP-5 is an important part of the Wnt signal transduction pathway. ..
- Zhao X, Sawa H, Herman M. tcl-2 encodes a novel protein that acts synergistically with Wnt signaling pathways in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2003;256:276-89 pubmed..Our results suggest that tcl-2 functions with Wnt pathways to control T cell fate specification, gonad development, and P12 cell fate specification. ..
- Christman M, Goetz D, Dickerson E, McCall K, Lewis C, Benencia F, et al. Wnt5a is expressed in murine and human atherosclerotic lesions. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H2864-70 pubmed publisher..Combined, these findings demonstrate for the first time Wnt5a expression in human and murine atherosclerotic lesions and suggest that cross talk between TLR-4 and Wnt5a is operative in atherosclerosis. ..
- Wu Q, Zierold C, Ranheim E. Dysregulation of Frizzled 6 is a critical component of B-cell leukemogenesis in a mouse model of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2009;113:3031-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the self-renewal signals mediated by Wnt/Fzd that are enlisted during B-cell development may be pathologically reactivated in the neoplastic transformation of mature B cells. ..
- Aulehla A, Pourquie O. Signaling gradients during paraxial mesoderm development. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000869 pubmed publisher..Finally, links between the process of axial specification of vertebral segments and Hox gene expression are discussed...
- Ben Tabou de Leon S, Davidson E. Experimentally based sea urchin gene regulatory network and the causal explanation of developmental phenomenology. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med. 2009;1:237-246 pubmed publisher..The experimentally based gene regulatory network for endomesoderm specification in the sea urchin embryo provides unique insights into the system level properties of cell fate specification and its evolution. ..
- Casás Selves M, Kim J, Zhang Z, Helfrich B, Gao D, Porter C, et al. Tankyrase and the canonical Wnt pathway protect lung cancer cells from EGFR inhibition. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4154-64 pubmed publisher..Targeting the Wnt-tankyrase-β-catenin pathway together with EGFR inhibition may improve clinical outcome in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Fei Y, Gronowicz G, Hurley M. Fibroblast growth factor-2, bone homeostasis and fracture repair. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:3354-63 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the outstanding unresolved issues in the application of FGF-2 as therapeutic agent for bone regeneration. ..
- Ota K, Quint P, Ruan M, Pederson L, Westendorf J, Khosla S, et al. TGF-? induces Wnt10b in osteoclasts from female mice to enhance coupling to osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3745-52 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that TGF-?1 stimulates Wnt10b production in osteoclasts, which may enhance restoration of the bone lost during the resorptive phase of bone turnover. ..
- Kimelman D. Tales of Tails (and Trunks): Forming the Posterior Body in Vertebrate Embryos. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2016;116:517-36 pubmed publisher..This review discusses some of the common features present in all vertebrates, as well as unique aspects that different species utilize to establish their anterior-posterior (A-P) axis. ..
- Saito Diaz K, Benchabane H, Tiwari A, Tian A, Li B, Thompson J, et al. APC Inhibits Ligand-Independent Wnt Signaling by the Clathrin Endocytic Pathway. Dev Cell. 2018;44:566-581.e8 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which APC and APC2 function to promote β-catenin degradation, and APC also acts as a molecular "gatekeeper" to block receptor activation via the clathrin pathway. ..
- Goel S, Chin E, Fakhraldeen S, Berry S, Beebe D, Alexander C. Both LRP5 and LRP6 receptors are required to respond to physiological Wnt ligands in mammary epithelial cells and fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:16454-66 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for stem cell biology and for the analysis of the oncogenicity of LRP receptors that are often overexpressed in breast tumors. ..
- Ahmed R, Alawin O, Sylvester P. ?-Tocotrienol reversal of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human breast cancer cells is associated with inhibition of canonical Wnt signalling. Cell Prolif. 2016;49:460-70 pubmed publisher..Tocotrienol suppression of metastatic breast cancer cell proliferation and EMT was associated with suppression of the canonical Wnt/?-catenin signalling pathway. ..
- Kelly G, Greenstein P, Erezyilmaz D, Moon R. Zebrafish wnt8 and wnt8b share a common activity but are involved in distinct developmental pathways. Development. 1995;121:1787-99 pubmed
- Maye P, Zheng J, Li L, Wu D. Multiple mechanisms for Wnt11-mediated repression of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24659-65 pubmed..Knockdown of Wnt11 expression using siRNA resulted in increased LEF-1 reporter activity, thus indicating that Wnt11-mediated suppression of canonical signaling exists in vivo. ..
- Aslanidi G, Kroutov V, Philipsberg G, Lamb K, Campbell Thompson M, Walter G, et al. Ectopic expression of Wnt10b decreases adiposity and improves glucose homeostasis in obese rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E726-36 pubmed
- Zhang H, Skop A, White J. Src and Wnt signaling regulate dynactin accumulation to the P2-EMS cell border in C. elegans embryos. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:155-61 pubmed publisher..By RNAi of a weak dnc-1(ts) allele, we showed that dynactin activity was required at least for EMS spindle rotational alignment. ..
- Twiner M, Ryan J, Morey J, Smith K, Hammad S, Van Dolah F, et al. Transcriptional profiling and inhibition of cholesterol biosynthesis in human T lymphocyte cells by the marine toxin azaspiracid. Genomics. 2008;91:289-300 pubmed publisher..These data collectively detail the inhibition of de novo cholesterol synthesis, which is the likely cause of cytotoxicity and potentially a target pathway of the toxin. ..
- Bolognesi R, Farzana L, Fischer T, Brown S. Multiple Wnt genes are required for segmentation in the short-germ embryo of Tribolium castaneum. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1624-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence of functional redundancy between Wnt ligands in posterior patterning in short-germ insects. This Wnt function appears to be conserved in other arthropods  and vertebrates [7-9]. ..
- Kummitha C, Mayle K, Christman M, Deosarkar S, Schwartz A, McCall K, et al. A sandwich ELISA for the detection of Wnt5a. J Immunol Methods. 2010;352:38-44 pubmed publisher..The relationship between the ELISA signal and concentration of Wnt5a was linear with an R(2) of 0.9934. In summary, we have developed a specific and sensitive sandwich ELISA that detects rm-Wnt5a...
- Jiang Y, He X, Howe P. Disabled-2 (Dab2) inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signalling by binding LRP6 and promoting its internalization through clathrin. EMBO J. 2012;31:2336-49 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the tumour suppressor functions of Dab2 involve modulation of canonical Wnt signalling by regulating the endocytic fate of the LRP6 receptor. ..
- Branam A, Davis N, Moore R, Schneider A, Vezina C, Peterson R. TCDD inhibition of canonical Wnt signaling disrupts prostatic bud formation in mouse urogenital sinus. Toxicol Sci. 2013;133:42-53 pubmed publisher..We discovered that each RSPO alone or in combination partially rescues TCDD inhibition of both canonical Wnt signaling and prostatic bud formation. ..
- Bhagat T, Chen S, Bartenstein M, Barlowe A, Von Ahrens D, Choudhary G, et al. Epigenetically Aberrant Stroma in MDS Propagates Disease via Wnt/β-Catenin Activation. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4846-4857 pubmed publisher..Our results define novel epigenetic changes in the bone marrow microenvironment, which lead to β-catenin activation and disease progression of MDS. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4846-57. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Schlesinger A, Shelton C, Maloof J, Meneghini M, Bowerman B. Wnt pathway components orient a mitotic spindle in the early Caenorhabditis elegans embryo without requiring gene transcription in the responding cell. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2028-38 pubmed..Orientation of the mitotic spindle does not require gene transcription in EMS, suggesting that Wnt signaling may directly target the cytoskeleton in a responding cell. ..
- Farr G, Ferkey D, Yost C, Pierce S, Weaver C, Kimelman D. Interaction among GSK-3, GBP, axin, and APC in Xenopus axis specification. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:691-702 pubmed..These results contribute to our growing understanding of how GSK-3 regulation in the early embryo leads to regional differences in beta-catenin levels and establishment of the dorsal axis. ..