Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on wnt proteins in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: wnt proteins
- Henriquez J, Webb A, Bence M, Bildsoe H, Sahores M, Hughes S, et al. Wnt signaling promotes AChR aggregation at the neuromuscular synapse in collaboration with agrin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18812-7 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a role for Wnts in post-synaptic assembly at the vertebrate NMJ by enhancing agrin function through Rac1 activation. ..
- Hall A, Lucas F, Salinas P. Axonal remodeling and synaptic differentiation in the cerebellum is regulated by WNT-7a signaling. Cell. 2000;100:525-35 pubmed..Wnt-7a mutant mice show a delay in the morphological maturation of glomerular rosettes and in the accumulation of synapsin I. We propose that WNT-7a can function as a synaptogenic factor. ..
- Veverka V, Henry A, Slocombe P, Ventom A, Mulloy B, Muskett F, et al. Characterization of the structural features and interactions of sclerostin: molecular insight into a key regulator of Wnt-mediated bone formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10890-900 pubmed publisher..The conserved N- and C-terminal arms of sclerostin were found to be unstructured, highly flexible, and unaffected by heparin binding, which suggests a role in stabilizing interactions with target proteins. ..
- Wang T, Holt C, Xu C, Ridley C, P O Jones R, Baron M, et al. Notch3 activation modulates cell growth behaviour and cross-talk to Wnt/TCF signalling pathway. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2458-67 pubmed
- Ciani L, Boyle K, Dickins E, Sahores M, Anane D, Lopes D, et al. Wnt7a signaling promotes dendritic spine growth and synaptic strength through Ca²?/Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10732-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, aberrant Wnt7a signaling may contribute to neurological disorders in which excitatory signaling is disrupted. ..
- Thrasivoulou C, Millar M, Ahmed A. Activation of intracellular calcium by multiple Wnt ligands and translocation of ?-catenin into the nucleus: a convergent model of Wnt/Ca2+ and Wnt/?-catenin pathways. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35651-9 pubmed publisher..We propose a convergent model of Wnt signaling network where Ca(2+) and ?-catenin pathways may act in a coordinated, interdependent, rather than independent, manner. ..
- Bradbury J, Edwards P, Niemeyer C, Dale T. Wnt-4 expression induces a pregnancy-like growth pattern in reconstituted mammary glands in virgin mice. Dev Biol. 1995;170:553-63 pubmed..As Wnt-1 is not normally expressed in the mammary gland, it may exert its effect on the mammary gland by activating a developmental pathway normally regulated by Wnt-4. ..
- Hatton Ellis E, Ainsworth C, Sushama Y, Wan S, Vijayraghavan K, Skaer H. Genetic regulation of patterned tubular branching in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:169-74 pubmed..We show that patterning of the tubule primordium into two distinct pairs is critical for the eversion of tubule branches, as well as for their asymmetric morphogenesis. ..
- Walsh J, Andrews P. Expression of Wnt and Notch pathway genes in a pluripotent human embryonal carcinoma cell line and embryonic stem cell. APMIS. 2003;111:197-210; discussion 210-1 pubmed..We present a model in which interactions between and regulation of Wnt and Notch signalling are important in maintaining EC/ES stem cells and also controlling their differentiation...
- Couso J, Bate M, Martinez Arias A. A wingless-dependent polar coordinate system in Drosophila imaginal discs. Science. 1993;259:484-9 pubmed
- Lako M, Strachan T, Curtis A, Lindsay S. Isolation and characterization of WNT8B, a novel human Wnt gene that maps to 10q24. Genomics. 1996;35:386-8 pubmed..Northern blotting and RT-PCR assays indicated that the WNT8B gene is expressed in several human tissues during fetal and adult stages. ..
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the developing mouse tail at the time of posterior neuropore closure. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:431-45 pubmed..These results provide a foundation for understanding the mechanisms facilitating transition from primary to secondary body axis formation, as well as the factors involved in defective spinal neurulation. ..
- Sarkar L, Cobourne M, Naylor S, Smalley M, Dale T, Sharpe P. Wnt/Shh interactions regulate ectodermal boundary formation during mammalian tooth development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:4520-4 pubmed..Implantation of beads soaked in Shh protein into Wnt-7b-infected explants resulted in complete rescue of tooth development, confirming that the repressive action of Wnt-7b specifically affects Shh signaling. ..
- Krylova O, Herreros J, Cleverley K, Ehler E, Henriquez J, Hughes S, et al. WNT-3, expressed by motoneurons, regulates terminal arborization of neurotrophin-3-responsive spinal sensory neurons. Neuron. 2002;35:1043-56 pubmed..This activity is present at limb levels and is blocked by a WNT antagonist. We propose that WNT-3, expressed by MNs, acts as a retrograde signal that controls terminal arborization of muscle afferents. ..
- Howard B, Ashworth A. Signalling pathways implicated in early mammary gland morphogenesis and breast cancer. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e112 pubmed..Reflecting this intimate connection, a considerable number of signalling pathways have been implicated in both mammary gland morphogenesis and carcinogenesis. ..
- Townsley F, Thompson B, Bienz M. Pygopus residues required for its binding to Legless are critical for transcription and development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5177-83 pubmed..These residues at the Legless>Pygopus interface thus define a specific molecular target for blocking Wnt signaling during development and cancer. ..
- Goodall J, Martinozzi S, Dexter T, Champeval D, Carreira S, Larue L, et al. Brn-2 expression controls melanoma proliferation and is directly regulated by beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2915-22 pubmed..These results, together with the observation that BRAF signaling also induces Brn-2 expression, reveal that Brn-2 is a focus for the convergence of two key melanoma-associated signaling pathways that are linked to cell proliferation. ..
- Busby V, Goossens S, Nowotny P, Hamilton G, Smemo S, Harold D, et al. Alpha-T-catenin is expressed in human brain and interacts with the Wnt signaling pathway but is not responsible for linkage to chromosome 10 in Alzheimer's disease. Neuromolecular Med. 2004;5:133-46 pubmed..None of these SNPs was associated with disease. Although an excellent candidate, we conclude that CTNNA3 is unlikely to account for the AD susceptibility locus on chromosome 10. ..
- Cox S, Smith L, Bogani D, Cheeseman M, Siggers P, Greenfield A. Sexually dimorphic expression of secreted frizzled-related (SFRP) genes in the developing mouse Müllerian duct. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:1008-16 pubmed..Male embryos and adults homozygous for these mutations, both individually and in combination, are viable and apparently fertile with no overt abnormalities of reproductive tract development. ..
- Hay D, Fletcher J, Payne C, Terrace J, Gallagher R, Snoeys J, et al. Highly efficient differentiation of hESCs to functional hepatic endoderm requires ActivinA and Wnt3a signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12301-6 pubmed publisher..These studies represent an important step toward the use of hESC-derived hepatocytes in high-throughput metabolic analysis of human liver function. ..
- Purro S, Ciani L, Hoyos Flight M, Stamatakou E, Siomou E, Salinas P. Wnt regulates axon behavior through changes in microtubule growth directionality: a new role for adenomatous polyposis coli. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8644-54 pubmed publisher..Consistently, short hairpin RNA knockdown of APC mimics Wnt3a function. Together, our findings define APC as a key Wnt signaling target in the regulation of microtubule growth direction. ..
- Phesse T, Parry L, Reed K, Ewan K, Dale T, Sansom O, et al. Deficiency of Mbd2 attenuates Wnt signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6094-103 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that Lect2 is capable of functioning as a Wnt pathway repressor. These results therefore provide a mechanistic basis for the epigenetic control of adenoma formation mediated through Mbd2. ..
- Chuai M, Weijer C. Regulation of cell migration during chick gastrulation. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2009;19:343-9 pubmed publisher..The timing and order of ingression of epiblast cells appears to be controlled by temporal and spatial colinearity of Hox gene expression in the epiblast. The mechanisms by which Hox genes control these properties remain to be resolved...
- Fotaki V, Price D, Mason J. Wnt/?-catenin signaling is disrupted in the extra-toes (Gli3(Xt/Xt) ) mutant from early stages of forebrain development, concomitant with anterior neural plate patterning defects. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:1640-57 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that Gli3 is required at the neural plate stage to regulate Wnt expression and Wnt/?-catenin signaling in the presumptive forebrain and confirm its previously proposed role in patterning the anterior neural plate. ..
- Read E, Rodaway A, Neave B, Brandon N, Holder N, Patient R, et al. Evidence for non-axial A/P patterning in the nonneural ectoderm of Xenopus and zebrafish pregastrula embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:763-74 pubmed
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the posterior neuropore region of curly tail mouse embryos: deficiency of Wnt5a expression. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:637-44 pubmed..A possible relationship between decreased Wnt5a expression and reduced levels of heparan sulphate proteoglycan is discussed. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- Zhu H, Mazor M, Kawano Y, Walker M, Leung H, Armstrong K, et al. Analysis of Wnt gene expression in prostate cancer: mutual inhibition by WNT11 and the androgen receptor. Cancer Res. 2004;64:7918-26 pubmed..Our observations are consistent with a model in which androgen depletion activates WNT11-dependent signals that inhibit androgen-dependent but not androgen-independent cell growth. ..
- Kirton J, Crofts N, George S, Brennan K, Canfield A. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling stimulates chondrogenic and inhibits adipogenic differentiation of pericytes: potential relevance to vascular disease?. Circ Res. 2007;101:581-9 pubmed..This effect was negated by transduction of pericytes with RAd/dnTCF. Together, these results demonstrate that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling inhibits adipogenic and enhances chondrogenic differentiation of pericytes. ..