Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on water in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
- Yan Y, Sung J, Kim K, Kim D, Kim J, Lee B, et al. Novel valsartan-loaded solid dispersion with enhanced bioavailability and no crystalline changes. Int J Pharm. 2012;422:202-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, the valsartan-loaded solid dispersion would be useful for delivering poorly water-soluble valsartan with enhanced bioavailability and no crystalline changes. ..
- Bak J, Kim Y, Son J, Kim C, Kim E. Application of concentrated deep sea water inhibits the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:108 pubmed publisher..Finally, cytokines, especially IL-4 and IL-10 which are important for Th2 cell development, were reduced. Our data suggests that topical application of CDSW could be useful in preventing the development of atopic dermatitis. ..
- Chandra R, Chu Q, Hu J, Zhong N, Lin M, Lee J, et al. The influence of lignin on steam pretreatment and mechanical pulping of poplar to achieve high sugar recovery and ease of enzymatic hydrolysis. Bioresour Technol. 2016;199:135-141 pubmed publisher..More than 80% of the sugars present in the original cellulose and xylan could be recovered after 48 h using an enzyme loading of 20 mg protein/g cellulose at a 10% substrate concentration. ..
- Bhatia S, Lee B, Sathiyanarayanan G, Song H, Kim J, Jeon J, et al. Medium engineering for enhanced production of undecylprodigiosin antibiotic in Streptomyces coelicolor using oil palm biomass hydrolysate as a carbon source. Bioresour Technol. 2016;217:141-9 pubmed publisher..This yielded 4.2Î¼g/mgdcw undecylprodigiosin, which was 3.2-fold higher compared to that in un-optimized medium. ..
- Kim H, Shim J, Lee S. Formation of disinfection by-products in chlorinated swimming pool water. Chemosphere. 2002;46:123-30 pubmed
- Chang I, Kim B. Effect of sulfate reduction activity on biological treatment of hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] contaminated electroplating wastewater under sulfate-rich condition. Chemosphere. 2007;68:218-26 pubmed..This result suggests that Cr(VI) reduction can be expected to take place under sulfate-rich anaerobic conditions, and sulfide produced by sulfate reducing bacteria could be used to immobilize soluble chromium through Cr(VI) reduction. ..
- Kwak K, Kim Y, Kang H. Characterization of transgenic Arabidopsis plants overexpressing GR-RBP4 under high salinity, dehydration, or cold stress. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:3007-16 pubmed..These results indicate that GR-RBP4 contributes differently to altered germination and seedling growth of Arabidopsis plants under various stress conditions. ..
- Kang J, Lee B, Son H, Koh J, Kang S, Son H, et al. Biocompatibility of mineral trioxide aggregate mixed with hydration accelerators. J Endod. 2013;39:497-500 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the biocompatibility of mineral trioxide aggregate mixed with selective hydration accelerators such as calcium chloride (CaCl2), citric acid (CA), and calcium lactate gluconate solution (CLG)...
- Lee B, Jin Y, Jung W, Avice J, Morvan Bertrand A, Ourry A, et al. Water-deficit accumulates sugars by starch degradation--not by de novo synthesis--in white clover leaves (Trifolium repens). Physiol Plant. 2008;134:403-11 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that soluble carbohydrate accumulated by water-deficit treatment is mainly because of the hydrolysis of previously stored starch rather than to de novo synthesis...
- Baik S, Kim D, Park Y, Lee T, Ho Bhang S, Pang C. A wet-tolerant adhesive patch inspired by protuberances in suction cups of octopi. Nature. 2017;546:396-400 pubmed publisher..To demonstrate a potential application, we also used our adhesive to transport a large silicon wafer in air and under water without any resulting surface contamination. ..
- Jung Y, Lee B, Yoo S. Physical structure and absorption properties of tailor-made porous starch granules produced by selected amylolytic enzymes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181372 pubmed publisher..This biocatalytic approach could contribute to develop tailor-made PSGs with distinct internal structure for specific uses in wide range of food, pharmaceutical and other industrial applications. ..
- Choi H, Son M, Choi H. Integrating seawater desalination and wastewater reclamation forward osmosis process using thin-film composite mixed matrix membrane with functionalized carbon nanotube blended polyethersulfone support layer. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1181-1188 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that EfOM fouling of TFC MMM was suppressed due to repulsive foulant-membrane interaction. ..
- Nisola G, Yang X, Cho E, Han M, Lee C, Chung W. Disinfection performances of stored acidic and neutral electrolyzed waters generated from brine solution. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2011;46:263-70 pubmed publisher..NEW in closed vessel is the most feasible system for EW storage; its initial activity (8 Log(10) inactivation) was preserved for up to 17 days...
- Lee J, Fearing R. Wet self-cleaning of superhydrophobic microfiber adhesives formed from high density polyethylene. Langmuir. 2012;28:15372-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest some properties of biologically inspired adhesives can be controlled independently by adjusting design parameters. ..
- Young Jang J, Jin Kwak K, Kang H. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a high mobility group protein in Cucumis sativus and its expression by abiotic stress treatments. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:205-8 pubmed..The present report identifies a novel gene encoding HMGB protein in cucumber that shows a significant response to abiotic stress treatments. ..
- Kim H, Lim H, Park W. Antinarcotic effects of the velvet antler water extract on morphine in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 1999;66:41-9 pubmed..From the above results, it is presumed that VAWE may be useful for prevention and therapy of the adverse actions of morphine caused by the repeated administration of morphine. ..
- Kang J, Choi H, Im M, Kim S. Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper proteins that mediate stress-responsive abscisic acid signaling. Plant Cell. 2002;14:343-57 pubmed..Furthermore, the temporal and spatial expression patterns of ABF3 and ABF4 were consistent with their suggested roles. Thus, our results provide strong in vivo evidence that ABF3 and ABF4 mediate stress-responsive ABA signaling. ..
- Kwon Y, Lee H, Han H, Mar W, Kang S, Yoon O, et al. The water-soluble fraction of bee venom produces antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects on rheumatoid arthritis in rats. Life Sci. 2002;71:191-204 pubmed..However, further study is necessary to clarify which constituents of the BVA fraction are directly responsible for these anti-arthritis effects. ..
- Park S, Kim S. Preparation and characterization of biodegradable poly(l-lactide)/poly(ethylene glycol) microcapsules containing erythromycin by emulsion solvent evaporation technique. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2004;271:336-41 pubmed..It was found that the drug release rates of the microcapsules were significantly increased with adding of PEG, which explained by increasing hydrophilic groups. ..
- Kim S, Kim J, Choi K, Ma S, Oh Y, Jung J, et al. Indomethacin enhances shuttling of aquaporin-2 despite decreased abundance in rat kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:2998-3005 pubmed..The generation of cAMP provoked by arginine vasopressin, sodium fluoride, or forskolin was blunted. These results suggest that indomethacin increases the shuttling of AQP2 while it decreases its abundance in the collecting duct. ..
- Kim J, Park S, Jang B, Jung C, Ahn S, Goh C, et al. Functional characterization of a glycine-rich RNA-binding protein 2 in Arabidopsis thaliana under abiotic stress conditions. Plant J. 2007;50:439-51 pubmed
- Kim G, Shim J, Kang M, Moon S. Preparation of a highly sensitive enzyme electrode using gold nanoparticles for measurement of pesticides at the ppt level. J Environ Monit. 2008;10:632-7 pubmed publisher..001-0.5 ng mL(-1). The enhanced performance was attributed to the favored microenvironment for the enzyme activity provided by SAM on gold nanoparticles...
- Jee S, Kim Y, Ko S. Transformation of dissolved organic matter by oxidative polymerization with horseradish peroxidase. Water Sci Technol. 2010;62:340-6 pubmed publisher..Spectroscopic results indicated that HA and FA structure contains strong polycyclic aromatic structures with more aromatic rings and a higher degree of conjugation. ..
- Choi W, Chang S, Bhatti J. Drainage affects tree growth and C and N dynamics in a minerotrophic peatland. Ecology. 2007;88:443-53 pubmed..The effects of forested peatland drainage or drying on C and N balances deserve further research in order to better understand their roles in future global change...
- Kim H, Lim H. Inhibitory effects of velvet antler water extract on morphine-induced conditioned place preference and DA receptor supersensitivity in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 1999;66:25-31 pubmed..From the above results, it is presumed that VAWE may be useful for prevention and therapy of the adverse actions of morphine. ..
- Kwon Y, Ham T, Kim H, Roh D, Yoon S, Han H, et al. Water soluble fraction (<10 kDa) from bee venom reduces visceral pain behavior through spinal alpha 2-adrenergic activity in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2005;80:181-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that BVAF3 is responsible for the visceral antinociception of whole BV and further suggest that this effect is mediated in part by spinal alpha2-adrenergic activity. ..
- Ju H, Min J, Chung M, Kim C. The atrzf1 mutation of the novel RING-type E3 ubiquitin ligase increases proline contents and enhances drought tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Sci. 2013;203-204:1-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the E3 ligase AtRZF1 is an important regulator of water deficit stress during early seedling development. ..
- Chung E, Gao R, Ko J, Choi N, Lim D, Lee E, et al. Trace analysis of mercury(II) ions using aptamer-modified Au/Ag core-shell nanoparticles and SERS spectroscopy in a microdroplet channel. Lab Chip. 2013;13:260-6 pubmed publisher..This combination of a SERS-based microfluidic sensor with aptamer-based functional nanoprobes can be used for in-the-field sensing platforms, due to its size and simplicity...
- Cha Y, Cho K, Lee H, Kang T, Kim J. The relative importance of water temperature and residence time in predicting cyanobacteria abundance in regulated rivers. Water Res. 2017;124:11-19 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggested that the magnitude of weir inflow is a key factor determining the cyanobacteria abundance under baseline conditions. ..
- Lee J, Jun M, Lee M, Lee M, Eom S, Zoh K. Production of various disinfection byproducts in indoor swimming pool waters treated with different disinfection methods. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2010;213:465-74 pubmed publisher..58; ozone/chlorine; r=0.60, P<0.01), whereas was negative correlated with the concentrations of total DBPs (r=-0.53, P<0.01) in the EGMO-treated pools...