Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on visual acuity in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: visual acuity
Publications388 found, 100 shown here
- Creavin A, Lingam R, Northstone K, Williams C. Ophthalmic abnormalities in children with developmental coordination disorder. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2014;56:164-70 pubmed publisher..The impact of untreated ocular abnormalities such as refractive error on the accuracy of the diagnosis of DCD is difficult to ascertain and further work would be of benefit. ..
- Hark L, Katz L, Myers J, Waisbourd M, Johnson D, Pizzi L, et al. Philadelphia Telemedicine Glaucoma Detection and Follow-up Study: Methods and Screening Results. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:114-124 pubmed publisher..An integrated telemedicine screening intervention in primary care offices and Federally Qualified Health Centers detected high rate of suspicious optic nerves, ocular hypertension, and retinal pathology. ..
- Krueger R, Dupps W. Biomechanical effects of femtosecond and microkeratome-based flap creation: prospective contralateral examination of two patients. J Refract Surg. 2007;23:800-7 pubmed..Further study with a larger patient population is warranted to determine whether these differences are statistically significant. ..
- Kinyoun J. Long-term visual acuity results of treated and untreated radiation retinopathy (an AOS thesis). Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2008;106:325-35 pubmed..Although these VA results suggest macular photocoagulation is beneficial, eyes with macular edema continue to lose vision despite treatment. Better prevention and treatment methods are needed for radiation retinopathy. ..
- Sepah Y, Sadiq M, Chu D, Dacey M, Gallemore R, Dayani P, et al. Primary (Month-6) Outcomes of the STOP-Uveitis Study: Evaluating the Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of Tocilizumab in Patients With Noninfectious Uveitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;183:71-80 pubmed publisher..Repeated IV administrations of TCZ are well tolerated. TCZ (both 4 and 8 mg/kg) is effective in improving VA and reducing VH and CMT in eyes with noninfectious intermediate uveitis, posterior uveitis, and panuveitis. ..
- Kim D, Singh A. Severe iritis and choroidal effusion following selective laser trabeculoplasty. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2008;39:409-11 pubmed..The authors believe this is the first reported case of severe iritis and choroidal effusion following selective laser trabeculoplasty...
- Yazdani A, Chung D, Abbaszadegan M, Al Khayer K, Chan W, Yazdani M, et al. A novel PHOX2A/ARIX mutation in an Iranian family with congenital fibrosis of extraocular muscles type 2 (CFEOM2). Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:861-5 pubmed..It confirms PHOX2A as the autosomal recessive CFEOM2 disease gene and provides evidence that the phenotypic differences between PHOX2A mutations in man and mouse do not result from hypomorphic PHOX2A alleles in humans. ..
- Bakri S, Risco M, Edwards A, Pulido J. Bilateral simultaneous intravitreal injections in the office setting. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:66-9.e1 pubmed publisher..None of the patients requested alternating unilateral injections, after receiving bilateral injections. Patients should be counseled as to the risk of complications. ..
- Ip M, Oden N, Scott I, VanVeldhuisen P, Blodi B, Figueroa M, et al. SCORE Study report 3: study design and baseline characteristics. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:1770-1777.e1 pubmed publisher..The authors have no proprietary or commercial interest in any of the materials discussed in this article. ..
- Neff K, Biber J, Holland E. Comparison of central corneal graft thickness to visual acuity outcomes in endothelial keratoplasty. Cornea. 2011;30:388-91 pubmed publisher..Thin EK versus thick EK, as measured by AS-OCT in the postoperative period, showed a statistically significant improvement in BSCVA. ..
- Soni N, Bauza A, Son J, Langer P, Zarbin M, Bhagat N. Open globe ocular trauma: functional outcome of eyes with no light perception at initial presentation. Retina. 2013;33:380-6 pubmed publisher..Visual recovery to light perception or better on postoperative Day 1 increases the likelihood of having a long-term improvement in VA. Pars plana vitrectomy may be beneficial in such eyes if posterior segment abnormalities are noted. ..
- Schmidt Erfurth U, Kaiser P, Korobelnik J, Brown D, Chong V, Nguyen Q, et al. Intravitreal aflibercept injection for neovascular age-related macular degeneration: ninety-six-week results of the VIEW studies. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:193-201 pubmed publisher..Small losses at 96 weeks in the visual and anatomic gains seen at 52 weeks in all arms were in the range of losses commonly observed with variable dosing. ..
- Pillar A, Krueger R. Advances in Refractive Surgery: June 2014 to July 2015. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2016;5:212-22 pubmed publisher..Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis and photorefractive keratectomy continue to dominate the keratorefractive literature, as they remain the most frequently performed refractive surgeries. ..
- Laby D, Kirschen D. The Refractive Error of Professional Baseball Players. Optom Vis Sci. 2017;94:564-573 pubmed publisher..Thus, careful evaluation of the refractive status of these athletes coupled with careful subjective refractive correction for those with less than average vision for baseball is strongly suggested. ..
- Akagi T, Zangwill L, Saunders L, Yarmohammadi A, Manalastas P, Suh M, et al. Rates of Local Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thinning before and after Disc Hemorrhage in Glaucoma. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1403-1411 pubmed publisher..Although the rate of RNFL thinning worsened in a DH quadrant after DH, glaucoma treatment intensification may have a beneficial effect in reducing this rate of thinning. ..
- London R, Wick B, Kirschen D. Post-traumatic pseudomyopia. Optometry. 2003;74:111-20 pubmed..Counseling the patient as to potential outcomes given the natural history of this condition helps establish more-realistic expectations by the patients being treated. ..
- Shah M, Steele E. Orbital decompression to alleviate intermittent globe subluxation due to massive optic nerve sheath enlargement from chronic hydrocephalus. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;29:e57-8 pubmed publisher..Three-wall bony orbital decompression was therefore performed without complication and resulted in improved symptomatic and cosmetic outcomes. ..
- Kuhn F. Internal limiting membrane removal for macular detachment in highly myopic eyes. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;135:547-9 pubmed..Internal limiting membrane removal should be considered in eyes with retinal detachment over a posterior staphyloma, whether or not a macular hole is present. ..
- Girkin C, McGwin G, Sinai M, Sekhar G, Fingeret M, Wollstein G, et al. Variation in optic nerve and macular structure with age and race with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:2403-8 pubmed publisher..Proprietary or commercial disclosure may be found after the references. ..
- Bakri S, Moshfeghi D, Francom S, Rundle A, Reshef D, Lee P, et al. Intraocular pressure in eyes receiving monthly ranibizumab in 2 pivotal age-related macular degeneration clinical trials. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:1102-8 pubmed publisher..Intraocular pressure should be monitored in eyes receiving ranibizumab. ..
- Mutti D, Mitchell G, Jones L, Friedman N, Frane S, Lin W, et al. Accommodation, acuity, and their relationship to emmetropization in infants. Optom Vis Sci. 2009;86:666-76 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the relationship between accommodation, visual acuity, and emmetropization in human infancy...
- Frieman B, Friedberg M. Globe perforation associated with subtenon's anesthesia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2001;131:520-1 pubmed..In patients with prior ophthalmologic surgery, thinned sclera, or excess scar tissue, increased caution should be employed during initiation of sub-Tenon anesthesia or an alternative method should be used. ..
- Ciner E, Ying G, Kulp M, Maguire M, Quinn G, Orel Bixler D, et al. Stereoacuity of preschool children with and without vision disorders. Optom Vis Sci. 2014;91:351-8 pubmed publisher..Testability was excellent at all ages. These results support the validity of the Stereo Smile II for assessing random-dot stereoacuity in preschool children. ..
- Bressler S, Liu D, Glassman A, Blodi B, Castellarin A, Jampol L, et al. Change in Diabetic Retinopathy Through 2 Years: Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Aflibercept, Bevacizumab, and Ranibizumab. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:558-568 pubmed publisher..All 3 anti-VEGF treatments were associated with low rates of DR worsening. These data provide additional outcomes that might be considered when choosing an anti-VEGF agent to treat DME. ..
- Wright P, Archambault A, Peek S, Bauer A, Culican S, Ances B, et al. Functional connectivity alterations in a murine model of optic neuritis. Exp Neurol. 2017;295:18-22 pubmed publisher..Future studies will identify the mechanisms that cause neuronal dysfunction due to white matter injury seen in MS. ..
- Chamberlain W, Cabezas M. Femtosecond-assisted deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty using big-bubble technique in a cornea with 16 radial keratotomy incisions. Cornea. 2011;30:233-6 pubmed publisher..3 diopter of astigmatism at 5 months. To our knowledge, this is the first report to use this technique in a cornea with RK incisions. Femtosecond lasers may promote the success of DALK in challenging corneas. ..
- Shrier E, Barr C, Grabowski G. Vitreous opacities and retinal vascular abnormalities in Gaucher disease. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004;122:1395-8 pubmed
- Patel S, Chu D, Ayres B, Hersh P. Corneal edema and penetrating keratoplasty after anterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantation. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005;31:2212-5 pubmed..To date, reports of long-term morbidity are infrequent in the literature. We encountered 3 patients who experienced corneal decompensation and cataract progression following angle-fixated anterior chamber phakic IOL placement...
- Schaal S, Barr C. Management of macular holes: a comparison of 1-year outcomes of 3 surgical techniques. Retina. 2009;29:1091-6 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the contribution of internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling with and without indocyanine green (ICG) to hole closure and functional results in patients with idiopathic macular hole...
- Domalpally A, Peng Q, Danis R, Blodi B, Scott I, Ip M. Association of outer retinal layer morphology with visual acuity in patients with retinal vein occlusion: SCORE Study Report 13. Eye (Lond). 2012;26:919-24 pubmed publisher..To assess associations between visual acuity (VA) and the status of the photoreceptor inner segment-outer segment (IS-OS) junction in a subset of patients in the Standard Care vs COrticosteroid for REtinal Vein Occlusion (SCORE) Study...
- Iezzi R, Kapoor K. No face-down positioning and broad internal limiting membrane peeling in the surgical repair of idiopathic macular holes. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:1998-2003 pubmed publisher..In our series, this method eliminated the morbidity associated with postoperative face-down positioning. The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Artornsombudh P, Pistilli M, Foster C, Pujari S, Gangaputra S, Jabs D, et al. Factors predictive of remission of new-onset anterior uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:778-84 pubmed publisher..Patients with risk factors for nonremission of uveitis should be managed taking into account the higher probability of a chronic inflammatory course. ..
- Wilson M, Trivedi R. Intraocular lens implantation in pediatric eyes with posterior lentiglobus. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2006;104:176-82 pubmed..Posterior lentiglobus causes a progressive unilateral cataract. Spontaneous rupture can result in leukocoria from a total white cataract. IOL implantation with posterior lentiglobus provided a satisfactory outcome in children. ..
- Kong X, Strauss R, Cideciyan A, Michaelides M, Sahel J, Munoz B, et al. Visual Acuity Change over 12 Months in the Prospective Progression of Atrophy Secondary to Stargardt Disease (ProgStar) Study: ProgStar Report Number 6. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1640-1651 pubmed publisher..Given the slow change during 1 year, BCVA is unlikely to be a sensitive outcome measure for STGD1 treatment trials with 1 year's duration. ..
- Bhalla S, Joshi D, Bhullar S, Kasuga D, Park Y, Kay C. Long-term follow-up for efficacy and safety of treatment of retinitis pigmentosa with valproic acid. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013;97:895-9 pubmed publisher..VPA plays a complex role in patients with pigmentary retinal dystrophies and may be associated with VA and field decline as well as adverse side effects. Physicians should use caution with using VPA for pigmentary retinal dystrophies. ..
- Williams Z, Hurley P, Altiparmak U, Feldon S, Arnold G, Eggenberger E, et al. Late onset optic neuropathy in methylmalonic and propionic acidemia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;147:929-33 pubmed publisher..Patients with organic acidemia may develop late-onset bilateral optic neuropathy with visual dysfunction despite lifelong propiogenic amino acid restriction and dietary supplementation. ..
- Reinhart W, Musch D, Jacobs D, Lee W, Kaufman S, Shtein R. Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty as an alternative to penetrating keratoplasty a report by the american academy of ophthalmology. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:209-18 pubmed publisher..As an extraocular procedure, DALK has important theoretic safety advantages, and it is a good option for visual rehabilitation of corneal disease in patients whose endothelium is not compromised. ..
- Klein R, Klein B. The prevalence of age-related eye diseases and visual impairment in aging: current estimates. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:ORSF5-ORSF13 pubmed publisher..To examine prevalence of five age-related eye conditions (age-related cataract, AMD, open-angle glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy [DR], and visual impairment) in the United States...
- Scoles D, Flatter J, Cooper R, Langlo C, Robison S, Neitz M, et al. ASSESSING PHOTORECEPTOR STRUCTURE ASSOCIATED WITH ELLIPSOID ZONE DISRUPTIONS VISUALIZED WITH OPTICAL COHERENCE TOMOGRAPHY. Retina. 2016;36:91-103 pubmed publisher..Although it is unclear if these photoreceptors are functional, their presence offers hope for therapeutic strategies aimed at preserving or restoring photoreceptor function. ..
- Dolz Marco R, Litts K, Tan A, Freund K, Curcio C. The Evolution of Outer Retinal Tubulation, a Neurodegeneration and Gliosis Prominent in Macular Diseases. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1353-1367 pubmed publisher..Analyzing the borders of atrophy to determine the origin of ORT provides new insights into the pathophysiology of advanced retinal disease highlighting a role for Müller cells and may inform future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Boye S, Boye S, Pang J, Ryals R, Everhart D, Umino Y, et al. Functional and behavioral restoration of vision by gene therapy in the guanylate cyclase-1 (GC1) knockout mouse. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11306 pubmed publisher..Importantly, results were obtained using a well characterized, clinically relevant AAV vector. These results lay the ground work for the development of an AAV-based gene therapy vector for the treatment of LCA1. ..
- Packer M, Fine I, Hoffman R. Refractive lens exchange with the array multifocal intraocular lens. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002;28:421-4 pubmed..More than 90% achieved an uncorrected binocular visual acuity of 20/30 and J4 and nearly 60%, of 20/25 and J3. Refractive lens exchange was a safe and effective refractive surgery modality in presbyopic patients. ..
- Raja H, Mercer R, Bakri S. PRESUMED POSTERIOR UVEITIS RELATED TO EHRLICHIA EXPOSURE. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2016;10:134-6 pubmed publisher..The patient's cystoid macular edema responded to sub-Tenon's triamcinolone and oral doxycycline. To our knowledge, this is the first case of posterior uveitis associated with Ehrlichia reported in humans. ..
- Flaxel C, Edwards A, Aiello L, Arrigg P, Beck r, Bressler N, et al. Factors associated with visual acuity outcomes after vitrectomy for diabetic macular edema: diabetic retinopathy clinical research network. Retina. 2010;30:1488-95 pubmed publisher..These results may be useful for future studies evaluating vitrectomy for diabetic macular edema. ..
- Sturgill G, Bala E, Yaniglos S, Peachey N, Hagstrom S. Mutation screen of beta-crystallin genes in 274 patients with age-related macular degeneration. Ophthalmic Genet. 2010;31:129-34 pubmed publisher..Although variant alleles of the CRYBB1 and CRYBB2 genes were found, none are considered pathogenic. ..
- Trivedi R, Wilson M, Facciani J. Secondary intraocular lens implantation for pediatric aphakia. J AAPOS. 2005;9:346-52 pubmed..In-the-bag fixation of foldable IOLs is associated with a low rate of complications. Foldable lenses appear to have a higher rate of decentration than PMMA lenses when placed in the sulcus in eyes of myopic male patients. ..
- Mason J, White M, Feist R, Thomley M, Albert M, Persaud T, et al. Incidence of acute onset endophthalmitis following intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) injection. Retina. 2008;28:564-7 pubmed publisher..Adherence to aseptic technique and the use of povidone-iodine prophylaxis minimizes the risk of postinjection intraocular infection. ..
- Sussenbach E, Thomas D, Patterson E, Bogorad D. Keratoconus unmasked by unilateral ptosis repair. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012;28:e32-3 pubmed publisher..Correction of the upper eyelid ptosis unveiled previously asymptomatic irregular astigmatism including vertical coma, leading to alteration in the optical wavefront and resultant image degradation. ..
- Durbin M, An L, Shemonski N, Soares M, Santos T, Lopes M, et al. Quantification of Retinal Microvascular Density in Optical Coherence Tomographic Angiography Images in Diabetic Retinopathy. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:370-376 pubmed publisher..Vessel density measured by OCTA provides a quantitative metric of capillary closure that correlates with severity of DR and may allow staging, diagnosis, and monitoring that do not require subjective evaluation of fundus images. ..
- Waheed S, Chalita M, Xu M, Krueger R. Flap-induced and laser-induced ocular aberrations in a two-step LASIK procedure. J Refract Surg. 2005;21:346-52 pubmed..The change in lower order terms is microkeratome dependent. Higher order aberrations increase to a much larger degree after laser than after flap, making a two-step procedure unnecessary in conventional LASIK. ..
- TEZEL G, Wax M. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha in the glaucomatous retina and optic nerve head. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004;122:1348-56 pubmed..Clinical Relevance These findings support the presence of tissue hypoxia in the retina and optic nerve head of glaucomatous patients. ..
- Macejko T, Bergmann M, Williams J, Gow J, Gomes P, McNamara T, et al. Multicenter clinical evaluation of bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solutions 1.0% and 1.5% to treat allergic conjunctivitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2010;150:122-127.e5 pubmed publisher..0% and 1.5% compared with placebo at reducing ocular itching and conjunctival hyperemia in the conjunctival allergen challenge (CAC) model of allergic conjunctivitis...
- Scott I, VanVeldhuisen P, Ip M, Blodi B, Oden N, Awh C, et al. Effect of Bevacizumab vs Aflibercept on Visual Acuity Among Patients With Macular Edema Due to Central Retinal Vein Occlusion: The SCORE2 Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;317:2072-2087 pubmed publisher..Studies have established the efficacy and safety of aflibercept for the treatment of macular edema due to central retinal vein occlusion. Bevacizumab is used off-label to treat this condition despite the absence of supporting data...
- Liu J, Lu Y, Raslan A, Gultekin S, Delashaw J. Cavernous malformations of the optic pathway and hypothalamus: analysis of 65 cases in the literature. Neurosurg Focus. 2010;29:E17 pubmed publisher..In this study, the authors review the literature for reported cases of OPH CMs to analyze clinical and radiographic presentations as well as surgical approaches and neurological outcomes...
- Dell Osso L, Jacobs J. An expanded nystagmus acuity function: intra- and intersubject prediction of best-corrected visual acuity. Doc Ophthalmol. 2002;104:249-76 pubmed
- Ledoux D, Trivedi R, Wilson M, Payne J. Pediatric cataract extraction with intraocular lens implantation: visual acuity outcome when measured at age four years and older. J AAPOS. 2007;11:218-24 pubmed..Better visual acuity was associated with bilateral cataract, older age at surgery, and normal interocular axial length difference. Amblyopia was the major cause of residual visual deficit. ..
- Varma R, Tarczy Hornoch K, Jiang X. Visual Impairment in Preschool Children in the United States: Demographic and Geographic Variations From 2015 to 2060. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:610-616 pubmed publisher..Visual impairment (VI) in early childhood can significantly impair development...
- Romano P, Kerr N, Hope G. Bilateral ametropic functional amblyopia in genetic ectopia lentis: its relation to the amount of subluxation, an indicator for early surgical management. Binocul Vis Strabismus Q. 2002;17:235-41 pubmed..If the lens is subluxated so that the edge of the lens approaches to within 0.3 to 2.3 mm of the center of the pupil (with best correctable vision still phakic), this is highly probable...
- Hall C, Cox L. The role of vestibular rehabilitation in the balance disorder patient. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2009;42:161-9, xi pubmed publisher..Although vestibular rehabilitation does not cure the organic disease that produces the balance disorder, it improves mobility, prevents falls, and overall has a positive impact on the quality of life for the patient. ..
- Wilson M, Trivedi R, Weakley D, Cotsonis G, Lambert S. Globe Axial Length Growth at Age 5 Years in the Infant Aphakia Treatment Study. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:730-733 pubmed publisher..The change in AL in eyes was similar with both treatments (CL and IOL), did not correlate with visual outcomes, and was higher in eyes receiving additional surgery to clear the visual axis or eyes diagnosed with glaucoma. ..
- Kulp M, Ciner E, Maguire M, Pistilli M, Candy T, Ying G, et al. Attention and Visual Motor Integration in Young Children with Uncorrected Hyperopia. Optom Vis Sci. 2017;94:965-970 pubmed publisher..Moderately hyperopic children were found to have deficits in measures of attention. Hyperopic children with reduced near visual function also had lower scores on VMI and VP than emmetropic children. ..
- Roth D, Estafanous M, Lewis H. Macular translocation for subfoveal choroidal neovascularization in angioid streaks. Am J Ophthalmol. 2001;131:390-2 pubmed..To report a case of visual improvement after macular translocation performed for a subfoveal choroidal neovascular membrane in a patient with pseudoxanthoma elasticum and angioid streaks...
- Warren K, Bahrani H, Fox J. NSAIDs in combination therapy for the treatment of chronic pseudophakic cystoid macular edema. Retina. 2010;30:260-6 pubmed..Furthermore, nepafenac produced a sustained improvement in visual acuity. ..
- Guy J, Aptsiauri N. Treatment of paraneoplastic visual loss with intravenous immunoglobulin: report of 3 cases. Arch Ophthalmol. 1999;117:471-7 pubmed
- France T, France L. Optical penalization can improve vision after occlusion treatment. J AAPOS. 1999;3:341-3 pubmed..27+/-0.12 log MAR. OP alone (without the use of pharmacologic agents such as atropine) not only maintains vision after patching therapy, but also appears to improve the final visual outcome. ..
- Holmes J, Fawcett S. Testing distance stereoacuity with the Frisby-Davis 2 (FD2) test. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;139:193-5 pubmed..Testing 28 additional stereoblind patients using the new modified protocol revealed no false positives. The FD2 stereotest is a useful measure of distance stereoacuity, provided the presentation protocol accounts for monocular cues. ..
- Wang Z, Dell Osso L, Tomsak R, Jacobs J. Combining recessions (nystagmus and strabismus) with tenotomy improved visual function and decreased oscillopsia and diplopia in acquired downbeat nystagmus and in horizontal infantile nystagmus syndrome. J AAPOS. 2007;11:135-41 pubmed..To investigate the effects of combined tenotomy and recession procedures on both acquired downbeat nystagmus and horizontal infantile nystagmus...
- Nash D, Diehl N, Mohney B. Incidence and Types of Pediatric Nystagmus. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:31-34 pubmed publisher..Idiopathic and nystagmus associated with retinal/optic nerve disease were the most common presentations, with most patients having good vision. Developmental delay, strabismus, and amblyopia were common in this cohort. ..
- Waring G. Correction of presbyopia with a small aperture corneal inlay. J Refract Surg. 2011;27:842-5 pubmed publisher..0001) monocular contrast sensitivities were within the range of the normal population at 1 year. The KAMRA corneal inlay improved near visual acuity with minimal impact on UDVA or mesopic contrast sensitivity in the implanted eye. ..
- Bakri S, Ekdawi N. Intravitreal silicone oil droplets after intravitreal drug injections. Retina. 2008;28:996-1001 pubmed publisher..The likely source of silicone oil is the needles and syringes used for the injections. ..
- Chamberlain W, Rush S, Mathers W, Cabezas M, Fraunfelder F. Comparison of femtosecond laser-assisted keratoplasty versus conventional penetrating keratoplasty. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:486-91 pubmed publisher..No significant improvement in best spectacle-corrected visual acuity was noted at any time point. There were no complications or difficulties with trephination in the FLAK procedure across a wide range of corneal pathologies. ..
- Kuriyan A, Albini T, Townsend J, Rodriguez M, Pandya H, Leonard R, et al. Vision Loss after Intravitreal Injection of Autologous "Stem Cells" for AMD. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1047-1053 pubmed publisher..After 1 year, the patients' visual acuity ranged from 20/200 to no light perception...
- Kempen J, Altaweel M, Holbrook J, Sugar E, Thorne J, Jabs D. Association Between Long-Lasting Intravitreous Fluocinolone Acetonide Implant vs Systemic Anti-inflammatory Therapy and Visual Acuity at 7 Years Among Patients With Intermediate, Posterior, or Panuveitis. JAMA. 2017;317:1993-2005 pubmed publisher..5 years; longer-term outcomes are not known...
- Yu M, Sturgill Short G, Ganapathy P, Tawfik A, Peachey N, Smith S. Age-related changes in visual function in cystathionine-beta-synthase mutant mice, a model of hyperhomocysteinemia. Exp Eye Res. 2012;96:124-31 pubmed publisher..The work lays the foundation to explore the role of homocysteine in retinal diseases such as glaucoma and optic neuropathy. ..
- Khan N, Khan M, Bena J, Macklis R, Singh A. Plaque brachytherapy for uveal melanoma: a vision prognostication model. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;84:e285-90 pubmed publisher..By providing a means to predict vision loss at 3 years after treatment, our vision prognostication model can be an important tool for patient selection and treatment counseling. ..
- Ianchulev T, Hoffer K, Yoo S, Chang D, Breen M, Padrick T, et al. Intraoperative refractive biometry for predicting intraocular lens power calculation after prior myopic refractive surgery. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:56-60 pubmed publisher..6, 0.53, and 0.51 D for surgeon best choice, Haigis L method, and Shammas method, respectively. The IOL power estimation in challenging eyes with prior LASIK/photorefractive keratectomy was most accurately predicted by IRB/ORA. ..
- Wilson M, Elliott L, Johnson B, Peterseim M, Rah S, Werner L, et al. AcrySof acrylic intraocular lens implantation in children: clinical indications of biocompatibility. J AAPOS. 2001;5:377-80 pubmed..The AcrySof IOL appears clinically to be biocompatible when placed in the eyes of children despite the increased tissue reactivity known to occur in young patients. ..
- Warren K, Fox J. Topical nepafenac as an alternate treatment for cystoid macular edema in steroid responsive patients. Retina. 2008;28:1427-34 pubmed publisher..Nepafenac was well tolerated. Nepafenac may be an effective and safe therapy for treating chronic cystoid macular edema in patients who are steroid responders. ..
- Solomon K, Cheetham J, DeGryse R, Brint S, Rosenthal A. Topical ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% ophthalmic solution in ocular inflammation after cataract surgery. Ophthalmology. 2001;108:331-7 pubmed..Ketorolac tromethamine 0.5% ophthalmic solution was significantly more effective than vehicle in the treatment of moderate or greater ocular inflammation following routine cataract surgery, while being as safe as vehicle. ..
- Kurz P, Chheda L, Kurz D. Effects of twice-daily topical difluprednate 0.05% emulsion in a child with pars planitis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2011;19:84-5 pubmed publisher..To report the effects of twice-daily difluprednate in a child with pars planitis (PP)...
- Choudhary M, Choudhary M, Saeed M, Ali A. Removal of silicone oil: prognostic factors and incidence of retinal redetachment. Retina. 2012;32:2034-8 pubmed publisher..46%. Aggressive removal of the vitreous base, performing retinotomies, ensuring complete silicone oil filling for adequate tamponade, and argon retinopexy can lead to low complication rates and improved outcomes. ..
- Chalita M, Xu M, Krueger R. Correlation of aberrations with visual symptoms using wavefront analysis in eyes after laser in situ keratomileusis. J Refract Surg. 2003;19:S682-6 pubmed..Horizontal coma was correlated with double vision, while vertical coma was not, demonstrating a greater sensitivity with horizontally oriented multifocality. ..
- Gray A, Michels K, Lauer A, Samples J. Bartonella henselae infection associated with neuroretinitis, central retinal artery and vein occlusion, neovascular glaucoma, and severe vision loss. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;137:187-9 pubmed..To report a case of Bartonella henselae infection...
- Lu B, Wang S, Francis P, Li T, Gamm D, Capowski E, et al. Cell transplantation to arrest early changes in an ush2a animal model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:2269-76 pubmed publisher..Cell transplantation prevented functional deterioration for at least 10 weeks and reversed the mislocalization of cone pigment. ..
- Westfall A, Lauer A, Suhler E, Rosenbaum J. Toxoplasmosis retinochoroiditis and elevated intraocular pressure: a retrospective study. J Glaucoma. 2005;14:3-10 pubmed..Medical management of IOP is usually sufficient to treat this generally transient eye pressure rise though chronic administration of eye pressure lowering drops or glaucoma surgery may be necessary in a small proportion of patients. ..
- Chou C, Frances Cotch M, Vitale S, Zhang X, Klein R, Friedman D, et al. Age-related eye diseases and visual impairment among U.S. adults. Am J Prev Med. 2013;45:29-35 pubmed publisher..S. Visual impairment in two thirds of adults could be eliminated with refractive correction. Screening of the older population may identify adults at increased risk of visual impairment due to eye diseases. ..
- Skeens H, Holland E. Large-diameter penetrating keratoplasty: indications and outcomes. Cornea. 2010;29:296-301 pubmed publisher..Ophthalmologists performing penetrating keratoplasty should consider a LDPK to reduce postoperative astigmatism and improve visual acuity outcomes in their patients. ..
- Hagstrom S, Ying G, Pauer G, Sturgill Short G, Huang J, Callanan D, et al. Pharmacogenetics for genes associated with age-related macular degeneration in the Comparison of AMD Treatments Trials (CATT). Ophthalmology. 2013;120:593-599 pubmed publisher..Although specific alleles for CFH, ARMS2, HTRA1, and C3 may predict the development of AMD, they did not predict response to anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy. ..
- Smith J, Rosenbaum J. A role for methotrexate in the management of non-infectious orbital inflammatory disease. Br J Ophthalmol. 2001;85:1220-4 pubmed..Two patients (14%) discontinued treatment because of adverse effects. Methotrexate is a well tolerated immunosuppressive medication which may benefit patients with recalcitrant non-infectious orbital inflammatory disease. ..
- Hersh P. Optics of conductive keratoplasty: implications for presbyopia management. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2005;103:412-56 pubmed..These optical factors may militate toward improved near vision function. ..