Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on virus replication in Taiwan
Topic: virus replication
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Wu Y, Tsai P, Chan J, Chi S. Endogenous grouper and barramundi Mx proteins facilitated the clearance of betanodavirus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:110-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the anti-NNV mechanism of endogenous grouper and barramundi Mx is suggested to sequester RdRp for degradation through autophagy and lysosomes. ..
- Wang Y, Chang S, Huang C, Li Y, Lee C, Chang M. Novel nuclear export signal-interacting protein, NESI, critical for the assembly of hepatitis delta virus. J Virol. 2005;79:8113-20 pubmed..These data indicate a critical role of NESI in the assembly of HDV through interaction with HDAg-L...
- Chen Y, Su W, Huang J, Chao T, Jeng K, Machida K, et al. Polo-like kinase 1 is involved in hepatitis C virus replication by hyperphosphorylating NS5A. J Virol. 2010;84:7983-93 pubmed publisher..Because of the differential effects of Plk1 on HCV replication and host cell growth, Plk1 could potentially serve as a target for anti-HCV therapy. ..
- Cheng P, Chiang L, Yen M, Lin C. Bupleurum kaoi inhibits Coxsackie B virus type 1 infection of CCFS-1 cells by induction of type I interferons expression. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:24-31 pubmed..In conclusion, BK possessed antiviral activity against CVB1 infection. It interfered the early stage of viral replication and viral replication after infection through the induction of type I interferon expression. ..
- Lu C, Huang H, Yang T, Chang L, Lee C, Huang L. siRNA silencing of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 reduced severe acute respiratory syndrome-associated coronavirus replications in Vero E6 cells. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008;27:709-15 pubmed publisher..These findings support the involvement of ACE2 in SARS-CoV infections and provide a basis for further studies on potential use of siRNA targeting ACE2 as a preventive or therapeutic strategy for SARS. ..
- Chen C, Michaelis M, Hsu H, Tsai C, Yang K, Wu Y, et al. Toona sinensis Roem tender leaf extract inhibits SARS coronavirus replication. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;120:108-11 pubmed publisher..The development of new antiviral agents for SARS-CoV is an important issue. We tried to find potential resource from Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for development of new drugs against SARS-CoV...
- Shen Y, Chen Y, Chu S, Lin M, Hsu H, Wu P, et al. E339...R416 salt bridge of nucleoprotein as a feasible target for influenza virus inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16515-20 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new approach to design antiinfluenza drugs. ..
- Wan J, Ratner L. Effects of mutant Vpr/Vpx on HIV-2 assembly demonstrated by immunoelectron microscopy. Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B. 2001;25:50-8 pubmed..These results provide evidence that Vpr or Vpr/Vpx mutants reduce RT activity and interfere with the expression of Vpx in HIV-2 particles during viral assembly. Vpr is efficient for Vpx corporation during viral assembly. ..
- Lin R, Liao C, Lin E, Lin Y. Blocking of the alpha interferon-induced Jak-Stat signaling pathway by Japanese encephalitis virus infection. J Virol. 2004;78:9285-94 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that JEV counteracts the effect of IFN-alpha/beta by blocking Tyk2 activation, thereby resulting in inhibition of Jak-Stat signaling pathway. ..
- Wang S, Yeh S, Lin W, Wang H, Chen D, Chen P. Identification of androgen response elements in the enhancer I of hepatitis B virus: a mechanism for sex disparity in chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2009;50:1392-402 pubmed publisher..This may explain a higher HBV titer in male carriers and an increased risk of HCC. ..
- Ku C, Che X, Reichelt M, Rajamani J, Schaap Nutt A, Huang K, et al. Herpes simplex virus-1 induces expression of a novel MxA isoform that enhances viral replication. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:173-82 pubmed publisher..These findings show that alternative splicing of cellular mRNA can result in expression of a novel isoform of a host defense gene that supports instead of restricting viral infection. ..
- Wang L, Jeng K, Lai M. Poly(C)-binding protein 2 interacts with sequences required for viral replication in the hepatitis C virus (HCV) 5' untranslated region and directs HCV RNA replication through circularizing the viral genome. J Virol. 2011;85:7954-64 pubmed publisher..This study thus demonstrates the mechanism of the participation of PCBP2 in HCV translation and replication and provides physical evidence for HCV RNA circularization through 5'- and 3'UTR interaction. ..
- Hsu S, Syu W, Sheen I, Liu H, Jeng K, Wu J. Varied assembly and RNA editing efficiencies between genotypes I and II hepatitis D virus and their implications. Hepatology. 2002;35:665-72 pubmed..094). In conclusion, genotype II HDV secretes fewer viral particles than genotype I HDV does, which in turn may reduce the extent of infection of hepatocytes and result in less severe hepatic inflammation. ..
- Liu W, Yeh S, Chen P. Role of microRNAs in hepatitis B virus replication and pathogenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1809:678-85 pubmed publisher..The understanding of miRNA biology paved the way for applying miRNAs-based RNAi against HBV replication with minimal toxicities. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: MicroRNAs in viral gene regulation. ..
- Ramajayam R, Tan K, Liang P. Recent development of 3C and 3CL protease inhibitors for anti-coronavirus and anti-picornavirus drug discovery. Biochem Soc Trans. 2011;39:1371-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings as summarized in the present review provide new potential anti-coronavirus and anti-picornavirus therapeutic agents and a clue to convert 3CLpro inhibitors into 3Cpro inhibitors and vice versa. ..
- Chen C, Yeh K, Wu S, Wang H, Yeh H. A vicilin-like seed storage protein, PAP85, is involved in tobacco mosaic virus replication. J Virol. 2013;87:6888-900 pubmed publisher..06), in PAP85-knockdown protoplasts. Coexpression of PAP85 and the TMV main replicase (P126), but not their expression alone in Arabidopsis protoplasts, could induce ER aggregations. ..
- Lee J, Tseng C, Young K, Sun H, Wang S, Chen W, et al. Andrographolide exerts anti-hepatitis C virus activity by up-regulating haeme oxygenase-1 via the p38 MAPK/Nrf2 pathway in human hepatoma cells. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:237-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that andrographolide has the potential to control HCV replication and suggest that targeting the Nrf2-HO-1 signalling pathway might be a promising strategy for drug development. ..
- Wen C, Kuo Y, Jan J, Liang P, Wang S, Liu H, et al. Specific plant terpenoids and lignoids possess potent antiviral activities against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus. J Med Chem. 2007;50:4087-95 pubmed..2 +/- 0.7 and 9.1 +/- 2.4 microM, respectively. Our findings suggest that specific abietane-type diterpenoids and lignoids exhibit strong anti-SARS-CoV effects. ..
- Shao P, Lu M, Liau Y, Chao M, Chang L, Lu C, et al. Argonaute-2 enhances suppression of human cytomegalovirus replication by polycistronic short hairpin RNAs targeting UL46, UL70 and UL122. Antivir Ther. 2011;16:741-9 pubmed publisher..This strategy may be universally applied to RNA interference-based therapies. ..
- Chang H, Pang V, Chen L, Chia M, Tsai Y, Jeng C. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide induces porcine circovirus type 2 replication in swine alveolar macrophages. Vet Microbiol. 2006;115:311-9 pubmed..The results imply that Gram-negative bacterial co-infection in PCV2-infected pigs may be an important factor in promoting PCV2 replication and contributing, at least partially, to the full development of PMWS. ..
- Ouyang M, Wein Y, Zhang Z, Kuo Y. Inhibitory activity against tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) replication of pinoresinol and syringaresinol lignans and their glycosides from the root of Rhus javanica var. roxburghiana. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:6460-5 pubmed..roxburghiana, and their structures were established using various spectroscopic techniques. Three glycosides (2-4) of the lignans showed moderate inhibition of multiplication of the tobacco mosaic virus...
- Chen S, Chang L, Wang Y, Chen Y, Weng K, Shih S, et al. Sumoylation-promoted enterovirus 71 3C degradation correlates with a reduction in viral replication and cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:31373-84 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a previously undescribed cellular regulatory event against EV71 virus replication and host cell apoptosis by sumoylation at 3C protease. ..
- Chou W, Huang C, Yeh M, Tsai Y, Hsieh M, Huang C, et al. MicroRNA let-7g cooperates with interferon/ribavirin to repress hepatitis C virus replication. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:311-20 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of let-7g can repress HCV replication. Let-7g additively cooperates with interferon/ribavirin to repress HCV replication. Lin28B silencing can reverse let-7g expression and repress HCV replication. ..
- Huang W, Yung B, Syu W, Lee Y. The nucleolar phosphoprotein B23 interacts with hepatitis delta antigens and modulates the hepatitis delta virus RNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25166-75 pubmed..Therefore, this work demonstrates the important role of nucleolar protein in regulating the HDV RNA replication through the complex formation with the key positive regulator being small HDAg. ..
- Liu W, Hsu C, Hong Y, Wu S, Wang C, Wu Y, et al. Early endocytosis pathways in SSN-1 cells infected by dragon grouper nervous necrosis virus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2553-61 pubmed..Our observations suggest that DGNNV utilizes both micro- and macropinocytosis pathways to enter SSN-1 cells...
- ..However, hepatitis B virus is rarely eliminated, and drug resistance is a major drawback during long term therapy. The development of new drugs and strategies is needed to improve treatment outcomes. ..
- Lu H, Liao F. Melanoma differentiation-associated gene 5 senses hepatitis B virus and activates innate immune signaling to suppress virus replication. J Immunol. 2013;191:3264-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our in vitro and in vivo studies both support a critical role for MDA5 in the innate immune response against HBV infection. ..
- Chu C, Yeh C, Liaw Y. Low-level viremia and intracellular expression of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in HBsAg carriers with concurrent hepatitis C virus infection. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:2084-6 pubmed..HBsAg carriers with concurrent HCV infection thus have low-level viremia and intracellular HBsAg. ..
- Wang J, Liao C, Chiou Y, Chiou C, Huang Y, Chen L. Ultrastructure and localization of E proteins in cultured neuron cells infected with Japanese encephalitis virus. Virology. 1997;238:30-9 pubmed..The interconnections between MVS, rER, and the nuclear envelope and immunogold labeling of E proteins on the MVS provided strong evidence that MVS serve as a reservoir of JEV components during virus assembly. ..
- Sun C, Lo W, Wang I, Lo Y, Shiou S, Lai C, et al. Transcription repression of human hepatitis B virus genes by negative regulatory element-binding protein/SON. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24059-67 pubmed..Overexpression of NREBP can also repress the transcription of HBV genes and the production of HBV virions in a transient transfection system that mimics the viral infection in vivo. ..
- Lee J, Chang C, Chi Y, Hwang D, Hsu J. A reporter-based assay for identifying hepatitis C virus inhibitors based on subgenomic replicon cells. J Virol Methods. 2004;116:27-33 pubmed..In conclusion, Ava5-EG(delta4AB)SEAP cells can be used to monitor HCV sub-genomic replication and the assay can be readily adapted to high throughput screening format to identify prospective anti-HCV drugs. ..
- Chan W, Lin H, Chen S. Wild-type-like viral replication potential of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope mutants lacking palmitoylation signals. J Virol. 2005;79:8374-87 pubmed..Our results together support the notion that palmitoylation of the cytoplasmic tail of the HIV-1 Env is not essential for the HIV-1 virus life cycle. ..
- Kuo Y, Lin Y, Liu C, Tsai W. Herpes simplex virus type 1 propagation in HeLa cells interrupted by Nelumbo nucifera. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:1021-34 pubmed
- Wang J, Chuang Y, Chen K, Lu C, Doong S, Cheng H, et al. Characterization of Epstein-Barr virus BGLF4 kinase expression control at the transcriptional and translational levels. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2186-96 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that different promoter usage and 5'UTR-mediated translation enhancement may ensure the proper expression of BGLF4 at various stages of virus replication...
- Wang L, Chen R, Liu J, Lee I, Lee C, Kuo H, et al. DC-SIGN (CD209) Promoter -336 A/G polymorphism is associated with dengue hemorrhagic fever and correlated to DC-SIGN expression and immune augmentation. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e934 pubmed publisher..This SNP with AG genotype affects the cell surface DC-SIGN expression related to immune augmentation and less viral replication. ..
- Lan K, Wang Y, Lee W, Lan K, Tseng S, Hung L, et al. Multiple effects of Honokiol on the life cycle of hepatitis C virus. Liver Int. 2012;32:989-97 pubmed publisher..Based on its high therapeutic index (LD(50) /EC(90) = 5.4), honokiol may be a promising drug for the treatment of HCV infection. ..
- Wu M, Chen S, Yang A, Lin W, Lin Y, Chen N, et al. CLEC5A is critical for dengue virus-induced inflammasome activation in human macrophages. Blood. 2013;121:95-106 pubmed publisher..Thus, DV can activate NLRP3 inflammasome via CLEC5A, and GM-M? plays a more important role than M-M? in the pathogenesis of DV infection. ..
- Hsu S, Lo C, Pan T, Lee K, Yu M. Serine 235 Is the Primary NS5A Hyperphosphorylation Site Responsible for Hepatitis C Virus Replication. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..e., phosphorylation at serine 235 leads to phosphorylation at serine 238. Our data provide the first proof-of-principle evidence that NS5A undergoes a sequential phosphorylation cascade. ..
- Chen S, Jeng K, Lai M. Zinc Finger-Containing Cellular Transcription Corepressor ZBTB25 Promotes Influenza Virus RNA Transcription and Is a Target for Zinc Ejector Drugs. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we demonstrate that ZBTB25 regulates IAV RNA transcription and replication and serves as a promising antiviral target for IAV treatment. ..
- Wang J, Sandefur S, Spearman P, Chiou C, Chiang P, Ratner L. Tracking the assembly pathway of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag deletion mutants by immunogold labeling. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2001;9:371-9 pubmed..These results provide defined in situ evidence that HIV-1 particle assembly occurs in the cytosol in addition to budding at most intracellular membranes. ..
- Cheng H, Lin T, Yang C, Wang K, Lin C. Mechanism of action of the suppression of herpes simplex virus type 2 replication by pterocarnin A. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:738-44 pubmed..The various modes of action of pterocarnin A in interfering with certain steps of viral infection thus merit further investigation...
- Shih J, Tsai T, Chao C, Wu Lee Y. Candidate tumor suppressor DDX3 RNA helicase specifically represses cap-dependent translation by acting as an eIF4E inhibitory protein. Oncogene. 2008;27:700-14 pubmed..Altogether, this study demonstrates regulatory roles and action mechanisms for DDX3 in translation, cell growth and likely viral replication. ..
- Kuo Y, Lee Y, Leu Y, Tsai W, Chang S. Efficacy of orally administered Lobelia chinensis extracts on herpes simplex virus type 1 infection in BALB/c mice. Antiviral Res. 2008;80:206-12 pubmed publisher..No toxic effect of LC on liver and kidney functions was apparent. These results indicated that LC was a potent inhibitor of the in vitro and in vivo replication of HSV-1...
- Chen Y, Chen Y, Chow L, Tsai Y, Chen P, Huang C, et al. Heat shock protein 72 is associated with the hepatitis C virus replicase complex and enhances viral RNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28183-90 pubmed publisher..The fact that the host chaperone protein Hsp72 is involved in HCV RNA replication may represent a therapeutic target for controlling virus production. ..
- Li Y, Wu H, Weng C, Chen Y, Hung C, Yang C, et al. Cyclophilin A and nuclear factor of activated T cells are essential in cyclosporine-mediated suppression of polyomavirus BK replication. Am J Transplant. 2012;12:2348-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CypA and NFAT are indispensable in BKV replication. CsA inhibits BKV replication through CypA and NFAT, which may be potential targets of anti-BKV treatment. ..
- Lin S, Jiang M, Wang H, Hu C, Hsu M, Hsi E, et al. Human cytomegalovirus UL76 elicits novel aggresome formation via interaction with S5a of the ubiquitin proteasome system. J Virol. 2013;87:11562-78 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that UL76 induces a novel nuclear aggresome, likely by subverting S5a of the UPS. Given that UL76 belongs to a conserved family, this underlying mechanism may be shared by all members of the Herpesviridae. ..
- Hsu Y, Shi S, Wu W, Ho L, Lai J. Protective roles of interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats 3 (IFIT3) in dengue virus infection of human lung epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79518 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study revealed some mechanisms of IFIT3 induction, and also demonstrated the protective roles of IFIT3 following IFN-? production in DV infection of human lung epithelial cells. ..
- Chiu S, Wu M, Wu C, Chen Y, Lin S, Hsu J, et al. Epstein-Barr virus BALF3 has nuclease activity and mediates mature virion production during the lytic cycle. J Virol. 2014;88:4962-75 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a novel viral gene with an important role in contributing to a better understanding of the EBV life cycle. ..
- Wong M, Chen S. Hepatitis C Virus Subverts Human Choline Kinase-Î± To Bridge Phosphatidylinositol-4-Kinase IIIÎ± (PI4KIIIÎ±) and NS5A and Upregulates PI4KIIIÎ± Activation, Thereby Promoting the Translocation of the Ternary Complex to the Endoplasmic Reticulum for Viral . J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher
- Lin N, Hsu Y. A satellite RNA associated with bamboo mosaic potexvirus. Virology. 1994;202:707-14 pubmed publisher..However, the sBaMV RNA was encapsidated with BaMV capsid protein to form rod-shaped particles with an average length of 60 nm as shown by immunoelectron microscopy. This is the first satellite RNA found in the potexvirus group...
- Yeh C, Lai H, Chen T, Chu C, Liaw Y. Identification of a hepatic factor capable of supporting hepatitis C virus replication in a nonpermissive cell line. J Virol. 2001;75:11017-24 pubmed..This factor belongs to a previously uncharacterized protein family. The physiological function of this protein awaits further study. ..
- Chen H, Hsu Y, Lin N. Downregulation of Bamboo mosaic virus replication requires the 5' apical hairpin stem loop structure and sequence of satellite RNA. Virology. 2007;365:271-84 pubmed
- Lu C, Chen Y, Wang J, Yang P, Chen M. Xeroderma pigmentosum C is involved in Epstein Barr virus DNA replication. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:3234-43 pubmed..Overall, we suggest that the interaction of BGLF4 and XPC may be involved in DNA replication and repair and thereby enhance the efficiency of viral DNA replication. ..
- Lee C, Sheu J. Histone H1e interacts with small hepatitis delta antigen and affects hepatitis delta virus replication. Virology. 2008;375:197-204 pubmed publisher..We conclude that histone H1e plays a significant role in HDV replication through forming protein complex with SHDAg...
- Liou J, Chen Z, Ho L, Yang S, Chang D, Liang C, et al. Differential effects of triptolide and tetrandrine on activation of COX-2, NF-kappaB, and AP-1 and virus production in dengue virus-infected human lung cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;589:288-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply that triptolide and tetrandrine may attenuate dengue virus infection in human lung cells, but through distinct pathways. ..
- Liaw Y, Gane E, Leung N, Zeuzem S, Wang Y, Lai C, et al. 2-Year GLOBE trial results: telbivudine Is superior to lamivudine in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:486-95 pubmed publisher..Telbivudine is superior to lamivudine in treating patients with chronic hepatitis B over a 2-year period. ..
- Lee T, Lin Y, Liao J, Su C, Lin C, Lin W, et al. Utilizing liver-specific microRNA-122 to modulate replication of dengue virus replicon. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:596-601 pubmed publisher..This approach provides an additional layer of biosafety and thus has great potential for use in the rational development of safer flavivirus vaccines. ..
- Lin Y, Huang L, Yang H, Tzeng H, Hsu P, Wu H, et al. Hepatitis B virus core antigen determines viral persistence in a C57BL/6 mouse model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9340-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the immune response triggered in mice by HBcAg during exposure to HBV is important in determining HBV persistence. ..
- Saxena V, Lai C, Chao T, Jeng K, Lai M. Annexin A2 is involved in the formation of hepatitis C virus replication complex on the lipid raft. J Virol. 2012;86:4139-50 pubmed publisher..Since Anxa2 is known to induce the formation of the lipid raft microdomain, we propose that Anxa2 recruits HCV NS proteins and enriches them on the lipid raft to form the HCV replication complex. ..
- Chen S, Wu H, Kao J, Hwang L. Persistent hepatitis B viral replication in a FVB/N mouse model: impact of host and viral factors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36984 pubmed publisher..An inadequate activation of immune or inflammatory responses can lead to persistent HBV replication in vivo...
- Lin W, Yeh S, Yang W, Yeh K, Fujiwara T, Nii A, et al. Telomerase-specific oncolytic adenoviral therapy for orthotopic hepatocellular carcinoma in HBx transgenic mice. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1451-62 pubmed publisher..This preclinical study shows that Telomelysin can be used for treatment of human HCC at an appropriate dosage and that its tumor-killing activity persists after multiple injections...
- Hsieh L, Huang W, Tang D, Wang Y, Chen C, Chueh L. 3C protein of feline coronavirus inhibits viral replication independently of the autophagy pathway. Res Vet Sci. 2013;95:1241-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the 3C protein might have a virulence-suppressing effect in FCoV-infected cats. Deletion of the 3c gene could therefore cause more efficient viral replication, which leads to a fatal infection. ..
- Lee I, Hsieh C, Chen R, Yang Z, Wang L, Chen C, et al. Increased production of interleukin-4, interleukin-10, and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor by type 2 diabetes' mononuclear cells infected with dengue virus, but not increased intracellular viral multiplication. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:965853 pubmed publisher
- Hsu C, Chiang S, Chang Y, Chen Y, Yang D, Chen Y, et al. Lychee flower extract inhibits proliferation and viral replication of HSV-1-infected corneal epithelial cells. Mol Vis. 2016;22:129-37 pubmed..Therefore, in this study, we investigated the mechanism of the Statens Seruminstitut rabbit corneal (SIRC) epithelial cells infected by HSV-1 and examined the antiviral capabilities of LFE...
- Lin Y, Jeng K, Lai M. CNOT4-Mediated Ubiquitination of Influenza A Virus Nucleoprotein Promotes Viral RNA Replication. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..This study thus identifies a potential antiviral target site and reveals a novel posttranslational mechanism for regulating viral replication. This represents a novel finding in the literature of influenza virus research. ..
- Lin Y, Liao C, Chen L, Yeh C, Liu C, Ma S, et al. Study of Dengue virus infection in SCID mice engrafted with human K562 cells. J Virol. 1998;72:9729-37 pubmed..The system described herein offers an opportunity to explore DEN replication in vivo and to test various antiviral protocols in infected hosts...
- Chiou C, Hu C, Chen P, Liao C, Lin Y, Wang J. Association of Japanese encephalitis virus NS3 protein with microtubules and tumour susceptibility gene 101 (TSG101) protein. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:2795-805 pubmed..Our observations indicate that microtubules and TSG101 associate with NS3, which is incorporated into the JEV-induced structure during JEV replication. ..
- Tsao M, Chao C, Yeh C. Interaction of hepatitis C virus F protein with prefoldin 2 perturbs tubulin cytoskeleton organization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:271-7 pubmed..Since HCV replication requires intact microtubule and actin polymerization, HCV F protein may serve as a modulator to prevent high level of HCV replication and thus contributes to viral persistence in chronic HCV infection. ..
- Chua H, Lee H, Chang S, Lu C, Yeh T, Hsu T, et al. Role of the TSG101 gene in Epstein-Barr virus late gene transcription. J Virol. 2007;81:2459-71 pubmed
- Lu M, Chao Y, Guo T, Santi N, Evensen O, Kasani S, et al. The interferon response is involved in nervous necrosis virus acute and persistent infection in zebrafish infection model. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1146-52 pubmed..This study is the first to demonstrate NNV infection of zebrafish, which could serve as a potential animal model to study virus pathogenesis and neuron degeneration research...
- Tsai Y, Chang S, Lee C, Kao C. Human TLR3 recognizes dengue virus and modulates viral replication in vitro. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:604-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in this study we found the expression of TLR3 can mediate strong IFN-alpha/beta release and inhibit DENV viral replication significantly, thus limit the cytopathic effect. ..
- Wu Y, Lu Y, Chi S. Anti-viral mechanism of barramundi Mx against betanodavirus involves the inhibition of viral RNA synthesis through the interference of RdRp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:467-75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is suggested that BMx inhibited the viral RNA synthesis by interaction with viral RdRp, and redistributed RdRp to perinuclear area for degradation. ..
- Tseng Y, Wu Y, Leu Y, Yeh S, Chou C. Scutellariae radix suppresses hepatitis B virus production in human hepatoma cells. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:1538-47 pubmed
- Chen W, Wang S, Chiu C, Tseng C, Lin C, Wang H, et al. Lucidone suppresses hepatitis C virus replication by Nrf2-mediated heme oxygenase-1 induction. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:1180-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lucidone could be a potential lead or supplement for the development of new anti-HCV agent in the future...
- Lin R, Chien H, Lin S, Chang B, Yu H, Tang W, et al. MCPIP1 ribonuclease exhibits broad-spectrum antiviral effects through viral RNA binding and degradation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:3314-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, MCPIP1 can act as a host innate defense via RNase activity for targeting and degrading viral RNA. ..
- Feng Yeh C, Wang K, Chiang L, Shieh D, Yen M, San Chang J. Water extract of licorice had anti-viral activity against human respiratory syncytial virus in human respiratory tract cell lines. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;148:466-73 pubmed publisher..Radix Glycyrrhizae inhibited HRSV mainly by preventing viral attachment, internalization, and by stimulating IFN secretion. 18?-GA may be one of its active constituents. ..
- Su W, Chen Y, Tseng C, Hsu P, Tung K, Jeng K, et al. Pooled RNAi screen identifies ubiquitin ligase Itch as crucial for influenza A virus release from the endosome during virus entry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17516-21 pubmed publisher..These findings also highlight the feasibility of pooled RNAi screening for exploring the cellular cofactors of lytic viruses. ..
- Wang L, Kim J, Liu H, Lai M, Ou J. HCV-induced autophagosomes are generated via homotypic fusion of phagophores that mediate HCV RNA replication. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006609 pubmed publisher..These findings provided important information for understanding how HCV controlled and modified this important cellular pathway for its own replication. ..
- Chen C, Kuo M, Chien L, Hsu S, Wang Y, Lin J. RNA-protein interactions: involvement of NS3, NS5, and 3' noncoding regions of Japanese encephalitis virus genomic RNA. J Virol. 1997;71:3466-73 pubmed..These findings suggest that the 3' NCR of JEV genomic RNA may form a replication complex together with NS3 and NS5; this complex may be involved in JEV minus-strand RNA synthesis...
- Chiou S, Chen W. Mutations in the NS3 gene and 3'-NCR of Japanese encephalitis virus isolated from an unconventional ecosystem and implications for natural attenuation of the virus. Virology. 2001;289:129-36 pubmed..The natural attenuation of T1P1 that has been circulating in paddy-free Liu-Chiu Islet may account for the absence of clinical JE cases in past years. ..
- Liu W, Su W, Cheng C, Hwang L, Wang C, Chen H, et al. Ribavirin up-regulates the activity of double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase and enhances the action of interferon-alpha against hepatitis C virus. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:425-34 pubmed..The pulse-chase experiment showed that ribavirin can reduce the degradation rate of PKR protein. These results suggest that the anti-HCV action of ribavirin is partly attributable to its ability to up-regulate PKR activity. ..
- Hsieh L, Lin C, Su B, Jan T, Chen C, Wang C, et al. Synergistic antiviral effect of Galanthus nivalis agglutinin and nelfinavir against feline coronavirus. Antiviral Res. 2010;88:25-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the combined use of GNA and nelfinavir has therapeutic potential in the prophylaxis and treatment of cats with early-diagnosed FIP...
- Liao T, Wu C, Su W, Jeng K, Lai M. Ubiquitination and deubiquitination of NP protein regulates influenza A virus RNA replication. EMBO J. 2010;29:3879-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identified K184 as the ubiquitination site on NP and this residue is crucial for virus RNA replication. We propose that ubiquitination/deubiquitination of NP can be manipulated for antiviral therapeutic purposes. ..
- Wang S, Yeh S, Lin W, Yeh K, Yuan Q, Xia N, et al. Estrogen receptor ? represses transcription of HBV genes via interaction with hepatocyte nuclear factor 4?. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:989-998.e4 pubmed publisher..These findings might account for the lower viral load and reduced incidence of liver cancer in HBV-infected women than men. ..
- Lin Y, Wu Y, Tseng C, Lin C, Chen W, Hsu Y, et al. Green tea phenolic epicatechins inhibit hepatitis C virus replication via cycloxygenase-2 and attenuate virus-induced inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54466 pubmed publisher..Collectively, (+)-epicatechin and (-)-epicatechin may serve as therapeutic supplements for treating HCV-related diseases. ..
- Yang C, Chang H, Hsu H, Lee Y, Chang H, Chen I, et al. Identification of anti-viral activity of the cardenolides, Na+/K+-ATPase inhibitors, against porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virus. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;332:129-137 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified Na+/K+-ATPase as an anti-viral drug target and its antagonists, cardenolides, a novel class of anti- TGEV agents. ..
- Shan L, Deng K, Gao H, Xing S, Capoferri A, Durand C, et al. Transcriptional Reprogramming during Effector-to-Memory Transition Renders CD4+ T Cells Permissive for Latent HIV-1 Infection. Immunity. 2017;47:766-775.e3 pubmed publisher..Establishment of latent HIV-1 infection in CD4+ T could be inhibited by viral-specific CD8+ TÂ cells, a result with implications for elimination of latent HIV-1 infection by TÂ cell-based vaccines. ..