Experts and Doctors on viral load in Mexico
Topic: viral load
- Palacios G, Montalvo M, Fraire M, Leon E, Alvarez M, Solorzano F. Audiologic and vestibular findings in a sample of human immunodeficiency virus type-1-infected Mexican children under highly active antiretroviral therapy. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;72:1671-81 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HIV-1-infected children should be submitted to audiologic and vestibular evaluation as early as possible in order to reduce their impact on the psychosocial development of these patients. ..
- Soriano López D, Alcántar Fierros J, Hernández Plata J, González Jorge A, Velázquez Ramos S, Flores Hernández M, et al. A Scheduled Program of Molecular Screening for Epstein-Barr Virus Decreases the Incidence of Post-transplantation Lymphoproliferative Disease in Pediatric Liver Transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:654-7 pubmed publisher..This strategy dramatically decreased the incidence of PTLD (14.9% vs. 1.9%), without increasing the incidence of rejection; therefore, we recommend that it should be used in the follow-up of all pediatric LT recipients. ..
- Mata Marín J, Fuentes Allen J, Gaytán Martínez J, Manjarrez Téllez B, Chaparro Sánchez A, Arroyo Anduiza C. APRI as a predictor of early viral response in chronic hepatitis C patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:4923-7 pubmed..034)]. After adjustment in a logistic regression model, genotype 1 remains significant. APRI was not a predictor of EVR in chronic hepatitis C; Genotype 1 was the only predictive factor associated with the absence of EVR in our patients. ..
- Valencia Pacheco G, Nakazawa Ueji Y, Rodríguez Dzul E, Angulo Ramírez A, López Villanueva R, Quintal Ortiz I, et al. Serological and molecular analysis of parvovirus B19 infection in Mayan women with systemic lupus erythematosus in Mexico. Colomb Med (Cali). 2017;48:105-112 pubmed publisher..It is unknown whether PV-B19 infection is an environmental factor that trigger or reactivate SLE in the Mexican Mayan population...
- Horemheb Rubio G, Ramos Cervantes P, Arroyo Figueroa H, Avila Rios S, Garcia Morales C, Reyes Teran G, et al. High HPgV replication is associated with improved surrogate markers of HIV progression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184494 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms explaining high and low HPgV replication should be explored to determine whether the persistently elevated replication depends on host or viral factors. ..
- Herrera Goepfert R, Khan N, Koriyama C, Akiba S, Pérez Sánchez V. High-risk human papillomavirus in mammary gland carcinomas and non-neoplastic tissues of Mexican women: no evidence supporting a cause and effect relationship. Breast. 2011;20:184-9 pubmed publisher..However, the possibility that HPV infection occurred during carcinoma development cannot be ruled out. ..
- Gaitan Cepeda L, Martínez González M, Ceballos Salobreña A. Oral candidosis as a clinical marker of immune failure in patients with HIV/AIDS on HAART. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2005;19:70-7 pubmed..5% for heterosexuals, and 96% for intravenous drug users. In conclusion, OC should be considered a clinical marker of immune failure in patients with HIV/AIDS undergoing HAART...
- Parra A, Reyes Teran G, Ramírez Peredo J, Jacquemin B, Quiroz V, García Sancho M, et al. Differences in nocturnal basal and rhythmic prolactin secretion in untreated compared to treated HIV-infected men are associated with CD4+ T-lymphocytes. Immunol Cell Biol. 2004;82:24-31 pubmed..These changes may represent an adaptative mechanism to sustain, by different means, the maximal physiologic PRL production to stimulate the highest cellular immune response and/or reconstitution in attempting to survive. ..