Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on viral dna in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: viral dna
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- Green T, White S, Rao S, Mertens P, Adler P, Becnel J. Biological and molecular studies of a cypovirus from the black fly Simulium ubiquitum (Diptera: Simuliidae). J Invertebr Pathol. 2007;95:26-32 pubmed..We therefore, propose that SuCPV is classified within a new Cypovirus species, which we have tentatively identified as Cypovirus-20. We have therefore referred to this virus isolate as S. ubiquitum CPV-20 (SuCPV-20)...
- Hammond S, Chenever E, Durbin J. Respiratory virus infection in infants and children. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2007;10:172-80 pubmed..In this article we review the body of literature discussing these anatomic findings, the approaches taken by those investigators, and the types of reagents that are commercially available. ..
- Lee J, Sugden B. A membrane leucine heptad contributes to trafficking, signaling, and transformation by latent membrane protein 1. J Virol. 2007;81:9121-30 pubmed..B cells that are successfully transformed by LZ1EBV have the same average number of viral genomes and the same fraction of cells with capped LZ1 at the cell surface but express 50% more of the LZ1 allele than wt infected cells. ..
- Grayson P, Han L, Winther T, Phillips R. Real-time observations of single bacteriophage lambda DNA ejections in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14652-7 pubmed..The details of ejection revealed in this study are probably generic features of DNA translocation in bacteriophages and have implications for the dynamics of DNA in other biological systems. ..
- Scholz I, Still A, Dhenub T, Coday K, Webb M, Barklis E. Analysis of human immunodeficiency virus matrix domain replacements. Virology. 2008;371:322-35 pubmed..Our results indicate that the HIV-1 assembly machinery is flexible with regard to its means of membrane association, but that alternative MBDs can interfere with the elaboration of infectious virus cores. ..
- Melcher U, Muthukumar V, Wiley G, Min B, Palmer M, Verchot Lubicz J, et al. Evidence for novel viruses by analysis of nucleic acids in virus-like particle fractions from Ambrosia psilostachya. J Virol Methods. 2008;152:49-55 pubmed publisher..None of the sequences were derived from reported sequences of known viruses. Thus, the analysis of nucleic acid from virus-like particles is a useful tool to expand our knowledge of the universe of viruses to non-cultivated species. ..
- Dube S, Abbott L, Dube D, Dolcini G, Gutierrez S, Ceriani C, et al. The complete genomic sequence of an in vivo low replicating BLV strain. Virol J. 2009;6:120 pubmed publisher..Characterization of BLV ARG 41's deduced proteins and its relationship to other members of the PTLV/BLV genus of retroviruses are discussed...
- Messaoudi I, Barron A, Wellish M, Engelmann F, Legasse A, Planer S, et al. Simian varicella virus infection of rhesus macaques recapitulates essential features of varicella zoster virus infection in humans. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000657 pubmed publisher..Intrabronchial inoculation of rhesus macaques with SVV provides a novel model to analyze viral and immunological mechanisms of VZV latency and reactivation...
- Szpara M, Parsons L, Enquist L. Sequence variability in clinical and laboratory isolates of herpes simplex virus 1 reveals new mutations. J Virol. 2010;84:5303-13 pubmed publisher..These data increase our knowledge of sequence variation in large DNA viruses and demonstrate the potential of deep sequencing to yield insight into DNA genome evolution and the variation among different pathogen isolates. ..
- Rowe J, Greenblatt R, Liu D, Moffat J. Compounds that target host cell proteins prevent varicella-zoster virus replication in culture, ex vivo, and in SCID-Hu mice. Antiviral Res. 2010;86:276-85 pubmed publisher..In SCID mice with skin xenografts, roscovitine (0.7 mg/kg/day) was as effective as PAA (36 mg/kg/day). The screening systems described here are useful models for evaluating novel antiviral drugs for VZV. ..
- Liu N, Ostrow K, Loeb D. Identification and characterization of a novel replicative intermediate of heron hepatitis B virus. Virology. 2002;295:348-59 pubmed..Our analysis also suggests that capsids become competent for efficient secretion sometime after the synthesis of 1500 nucleotides of plus-strand DNA...
- Safdar A, Rubocki R, Horvath J, Narayan K, Waldron R. Fatal immune restoration disease in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: impact of antiretroviral therapy-associated immune reconstitution. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;35:1250-7 pubmed..Evaluation of targeted immunomodulatory therapy directed towards disease-specific IRD is critical and may play an important role in improved survival for patients who are at risk. ..
- Katzman M, Katz R, Skalka A, Leis J. The avian retroviral integration protein cleaves the terminal sequences of linear viral DNA at the in vivo sites of integration. J Virol. 1989;63:5319-27 pubmed..These results provide the first enzymatic support using purified retroviral proteins for a linear DNA precursor to the integrated provirus. ..
- Kemp P, Gupta M, Molineux I. Bacteriophage T7 DNA ejection into cells is initiated by an enzyme-like mechanism. Mol Microbiol. 2004;53:1251-65 pubmed..The proton motive force is necessary for this mode of DNA translocation, because collapsing the membrane potential while the T7 genome is entering the cell abruptly halts further DNA transfer...
- Xi J, Zhang Z, Zhuang Z, Yang J, Spiering M, Hammes G, et al. Interaction between the T4 helicase loading protein (gp59) and the DNA polymerase (gp43): unlocking of the gp59-gp43-DNA complex to initiate assembly of a fully functional replisome. Biochemistry. 2005;44:7747-56 pubmed..We conclude that gp59 acts in a manner similar to the clamp loader to ensure proper assembly of the replisome and does not remain as a replisome component during active replication. ..
- Ling K. Molecular characterization of two Pepino mosaic virus variants from imported tomato seed reveals high levels of sequence identity between Chilean and US isolates. Virus Genes. 2007;34:1-8 pubmed..Based on the host specificity, it was previously suggested that the original pepino isolate should be considered a distinct strain from that of the tomato isolates. ..
- Khopde S, Roy R, Simmons D. The binding of topoisomerase I to T antigen enhances the synthesis of RNA-DNA primers during simian virus 40 DNA replication. Biochemistry. 2008;47:9653-60 pubmed publisher..It is also shown that topo I has the ability to bind to human RPA directly, suggesting that the stimulation of pol/prim activity may be mediated in part through RPA in the DNA synthesis initiation complex...
- Foster E, Simmons D. The SV40 large T-antigen origin binding domain directly participates in DNA unwinding. Biochemistry. 2010;49:2087-96 pubmed publisher..We present a model of DNA threading through the T-ag complex illustrating how single-stranded DNA could pass close to a trough generated by key residues in one monomer of the OBD hexamer. ..
- Wu D, Van Valen D, Hu Q, Phillips R. Ion-dependent dynamics of DNA ejections for bacteriophage lambda. Biophys J. 2010;99:1101-9 pubmed publisher..We also present evidence that phage DNA forms loops during ejection, and confirm that this effect occurs using optical tweezers. ..
- Mendez J, Dockrell D, Espy M, Smith T, Wilson J, Harmsen W, et al. Human beta-herpesvirus interactions in solid organ transplant recipients. J Infect Dis. 2001;183:179-184 pubmed..These results suggest that CMV disease in transplant recipients is related to the unique interaction of the 3 beta-herpesviruses and is ultimately reduced after intravenous Gcv treatment. ..
- Ogle B, Butters K, Plummer T, Ring K, Knudsen B, Litzow M, et al. Spontaneous fusion of cells between species yields transdifferentiation and retroviral transfer in vivo. FASEB J. 2004;18:548-50 pubmed..differentiation * fusion * retrovirus..
- Richter E, Dias J, Gilbert J, Atherton S. Distribution of herpes simplex virus type 1 and varicella zoster virus in ganglia of the human head and neck. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1901-6 pubmed publisher..HSV-2 was not detected at any site. Viral DNA positivity and location were independently distributed among autonomic and sensory ganglia of the human head and neck. ..
- Joh J, Jenson A, Moore G, Rezazedeh A, Slone S, Ghim S, et al. Human papillomavirus (HPV) and Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) in non small cell lung cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2010;89:222-6 pubmed publisher..HPV and MCPyV were directly associated with 33.3% of NSCLC. Further studies are necessary to determine if polyomavirus and papillomavirus are necessary risk factors for some cases of NSCLC...
- Ecker D, Massire C, Blyn L, Hofstadler S, Hannis J, Eshoo M, et al. Molecular genotyping of microbes by multilocus PCR and mass spectrometry: a new tool for hospital infection control and public health surveillance. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;551:71-87 pubmed publisher..This technology will facilitate understanding of the pathways by which infectious organisms spread and will enable appropriate interventions on a time frame not previously achievable. ..
- Schlick T, Li B, Olson W. The influence of salt on the structure and energetics of supercoiled DNA. Biophys J. 1994;67:2146-66 pubmed..The collective observations suggest a potential regulatory role for salt on supercoiled DNA function, not only for closed circular DNA,but also for linear DNA with small looped regions. ..
- Yu W, Murfett J, Schoelz J. Differential induction of symptoms in Arabidopsis by P6 of Cauliflower mosaic virus. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2003;16:35-42 pubmed..That comparative analysis of TAV function, coupled with the characterization of the D4-2 transgenic line in the present paper, indicates that the TAV function of P6 may play only a minor role in the development of chlorotic symptoms...
- Araya C, Garin E, Neiberger R, Dharnidharka V. Leflunomide therapy for BK virus allograft nephropathy in pediatric and young adult kidney transplant recipients. Pediatr Transplant. 2010;14:145-50 pubmed publisher..All patients tolerated leflunomide without side effects. Leflunomide use in a select group of patients is well tolerated and may provide an alternative for treatment of BKVAN in pediatric patients. ..
- Doweyko A, Mattes W. An application of 3D-QSAR to the analysis of the sequence specificity of DNA alkylation by uracil mustard. Biochemistry. 1992;31:9388-92 pubmed..This finding is consistent with a prealkylation binding event occurring between these sites along the major groove and the uracil mustard O2/O4 system. ..
- Oaks J, McGuire T, Ulibarri C, Crawford T. Equine infectious anemia virus is found in tissue macrophages during subclinical infection. J Virol. 1998;72:7263-9 pubmed..These data indicate that viral replication continues at all times, even in horses that are clinically quiescent. Moreover, restricted viral replication at the cellular level is associated with clinical remission...
- Lee I, Harshey R. Importance of the conserved CA dinucleotide at Mu termini. J Mol Biol. 2001;314:433-44 pubmed
- Kleiboeker S. Quantitative assessment of the effect of uracil-DNA glycosylase on amplicon DNA degradation and RNA amplification in reverse transcription-PCR. Virol J. 2005;2:29 pubmed..25 U UNG per 25 microl reaction with a 20 min, 30 degrees C incubation prior to RT-PCR. Under these conditions, high concentrations of amplicon DNA could be degraded while the CT for RNA detection was increased by 1.2 cycles. ..
- Harms J, Ren X, Oliveira S, Splitter G. Distinctions between bovine herpesvirus 1 and herpes simplex virus type 1 VP22 tegument protein subcellular associations. J Virol. 2000;74:3301-12 pubmed..The differences in VP22 homolog characteristics revealed in this study will help define VP22 function within HSV-1 and BHV-1 infection. ..
- Wang H, Norris K, Mansky L. Involvement of the matrix and nucleocapsid domains of the bovine leukemia virus Gag polyprotein precursor in viral RNA packaging. J Virol. 2003;77:9431-8 pubmed..In summary, this report provides the first direct evidence for the involvement of both the BLV MA and NC domains of PrGag in viral RNA packaging. ..
- Sanders G, Batts W, Winton J. Susceptibility of zebrafish (Danio rerio) to a model pathogen, spring viremia of carp virus. Comp Med. 2003;53:514-21 pubmed..These results indicate that zebrafish are susceptible to infection by SVCV under conditions that mimic a natural route of exposure. ..
- Perzova R, Benz P, Abbott L, Welch C, Thomas A, El Ghoul R, et al. Short communication: no evidence of HTLV-3 and HTLV-4 infection in New York State subjects at risk for retroviral infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:1229-31 pubmed publisher..Continued epidemiological studies are warranted to explore the worldwide prevalence rates and dissemination patterns of HTLV-3 and 4 infections, and their possible disease associations...
- Jiang H, Loeb D. Insertions within epsilon affect synthesis of minus-strand DNA before the template switch for duck hepatitis B virus. J Virol. 1997;71:5345-54 pubmed..Overall, these results are consistent with the notion that the template within epsilon is limited to four nucleotides because the remaining two nucleotides located within the bulge are inaccessible for polymerization...
- Carter J, Madeleine M, Shera K, Schwartz S, Cushing Haugen K, Wipf G, et al. Human papillomavirus 16 and 18 L1 serology compared across anogenital cancer sites. Cancer Res. 2001;61:1934-40 pubmed
- Mansouri M, Bartee E, Gouveia K, Hovey Nerenberg B, Barrett J, Thomas L, et al. The PHD/LAP-domain protein M153R of myxomavirus is a ubiquitin ligase that induces the rapid internalization and lysosomal destruction of CD4. J Virol. 2003;77:1427-40 pubmed..Since a similar mechanism was recently proposed for KSHV K5, it seems that members of the unrelated families of gamma-2 herpesviruses and poxviruses share a common immune evasion mechanism that targets host cell immune receptors. ..
- Philips B, Chang A, Dervan P, Beerman T. DNA damage effects of a polyamide-CBI conjugate in SV40 virions. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:877-82 pubmed..Because 1-CBI is able to efficiently penetrate virions and damage DNA, these findings may provide the framework for the development of polyamide-based antiviral agents with enhanced sequence-preference capabilities. ..
- Panavas T, Hawkins C, Panaviene Z, Nagy P. The role of the p33:p33/p92 interaction domain in RNA replication and intracellular localization of p33 and p92 proteins of Cucumber necrosis tombusvirus. Virology. 2005;338:81-95 pubmed
- Curtis M, Zhu Y, Borroto Esoda K. Hepatitis B virus containing the I233V mutation in the polymerase reverse-transcriptase domain remains sensitive to inhibition by adefovir. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:1483-6 pubmed publisher..Phenotypic evaluation of clinical isolates and of a laboratory strain with the rtI233V mutation demonstrated their full susceptibility to adefovir in vitro, and HBV with the rtI233V mutation developed in none of the patients...
- Suzuki M, Kasai K, Ohtsuki A, Godlewski J, Nowicki M, Chiocca E, et al. ICP0 inhibits the decrease of HSV amplicon-mediated transgene expression. Mol Ther. 2009;17:707-15 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that restoration of ICP0 expression may be employed within HSV amplicon constructs to decrease transgene silencing in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Wang C, Yepes L, Danaher R, Berger J, Mootoor Y, Kryscio R, et al. Low prevalence of varicella zoster virus and herpes simplex virus type 2 in saliva from human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;109:232-7 pubmed publisher..Varicella zoster virus was detected at low prevalence in the saliva of HIV-infected persons, whereas HSV-2 was not detected in the saliva of this cohort. HAART does not appear to diminish the risk for asymptomatic VZV shedding. ..
- Feire A, Roy R, Manley K, Compton T. The glycoprotein B disintegrin-like domain binds beta 1 integrin to mediate cytomegalovirus entry. J Virol. 2010;84:10026-37 pubmed publisher..The strong conservation of the DLD across beta- and gammaherpesviruses suggests that integrin recognition and utilization may be a more broadly conserved feature throughout the Herpesviridae. ..
- Tayon R, Kim M, Kao C. Completion of RNA synthesis by viral RNA replicases. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:3576-82 pubmed..Similar requirements are observed with two bromoviral replicases, but not with a recombinant RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. These results begin to define the interactions needed for the viral replicase to complete synthesis of viral RNA. ..
- Strauss E, Lenches E, Strauss J. Molecular genetic evidence that the hydrophobic anchors of glycoproteins E2 and E1 interact during assembly of alphaviruses. J Virol. 2002;76:10188-94 pubmed..These results indicate that the transmembrane domains of glycoproteins E2 and E1 of alphaviruses interact in a sequence-dependent manner and that this interaction is required for efficient budding and assembly of infectious virions. ..
- Gottlieb G, Sow P, Hawes S, Ndoye I, Coll Seck A, Curlin M, et al. Molecular epidemiology of dual HIV-1/HIV-2 seropositive adults from Senegal, West Africa. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2003;19:575-84 pubmed..The common HIV-1 subtypes prevalent in West Africa (CRF-02 and subtype A) have a similar distribution to those found in our cohort of dually infected and dually seropositive subjects. ..
- Saenz D, Loewen N, Peretz M, Whitwam T, Barraza R, Howell K, et al. Unintegrated lentivirus DNA persistence and accessibility to expression in nondividing cells: analysis with class I integrase mutants. J Virol. 2004;78:2906-20 pubmed
- Yang T, Maluf N. Self-association of the adenoviral L4-22K protein. Biochemistry. 2010;49:9830-8 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of this observation with respect to the thermodynamics of assembly of L4-22K and IVa2 on the PS. ..
- Shan Q, Cox M, Inman R. DNA strand exchange promoted by RecA K72R. Two reaction phases with different Mg2+ requirements. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5712-24 pubmed..The mutant protein also facilitates the autocatalytic cleavage of the LexA repressor, but at a reduced rate. ..
- Tsuboi M, Benevides J, Bondre P, Thomas G. Structural details of the thermophilic filamentous bacteriophage PH75 determined by polarized Raman microspectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2005;44:4861-9 pubmed..The structural findings are discussed in relation to intrasubunit and intersubunit interactions that may confer hyperthermostability to the PH75 virion. A refined molecular model is proposed for the PH75 capsid subunit. ..
- Umlauf S, Cox M, Inman R. Triple-helical DNA pairing intermediates formed by recA protein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:16898-912 pubmed..The results further suggest that recA filaments do not promote the formation of structures that provide efficient topological compensation for right-handed interwinding of two paired DNA molecules. ..
- Smith C, Hu F, Smith T, Richards C, Smolak P, Goodwin R, et al. Cowpox virus genome encodes a second soluble homologue of cellular TNF receptors, distinct from CrmB, that binds TNF but not LT alpha. Virology. 1996;223:132-47 pubmed..The presumed function of CrmC is viral inhibition of host-elicited TNF. ..
- Xu J, Koudelka G. Repression of transcription initiation at 434 P(R) by 434 repressor: effects on transition of a closed to an open promoter complex. J Mol Biol. 2001;309:573-87 pubmed
- Casado C, Javier Ortiz G, Padron E, Bean S, McKenna R, Agbandje McKenna M, et al. Isolation and characterization of subgenomic DNAs encapsidated in "single" T = 1 isometric particles of Maize streak virus. Virology. 2004;323:164-71 pubmed..These data will assist in our investigations into the role of genomic DNA in the formation of the unique geminate capsid architecture of the Geminiviridae...
- Au T, Pathania S, Harshey R. True reversal of Mu integration. EMBO J. 2004;23:3408-20 pubmed..Our results directly implicate an altered transposase configuration in the Mu strand transfer complex that inhibits reversal, thereby regulating the directionality of transposition...
- Foulkes A, Wohl D, Frank I, Puleo E, Restine S, Wolfe M, et al. Associations among race/ethnicity, ApoC-III genotypes, and lipids in HIV-1-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e52 pubmed
- Jiang C, Hwang Y, Wang G, Randell J, Coen D, Hwang C. Herpes simplex virus mutants with multiple substitutions affecting DNA binding of UL42 are impaired for viral replication and DNA synthesis. J Virol. 2007;81:12077-9 pubmed..The more substitutions, the more severe the defects in viral replication and DNA synthesis, suggesting that DNA binding by UL42 is important for these processes. ..
- Loeb D, Gulya K, Tian R. Sequence identity of the terminal redundancies on the minus-strand DNA template is necessary but not sufficient for the template switch during hepadnavirus plus-strand DNA synthesis. J Virol. 1997;71:152-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that the terminal redundancy on the minus-strand DNA template is necessary but not sufficient for template switching. ..
- Li T, Zhang J. Intramolecular recombinations of Moloney murine leukemia virus occur during minus-strand DNA synthesis. J Virol. 2002;76:9614-23 pubmed
- Silverman L, Phipps A, Montgomery A, Ratner L, Lairmore M. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 open reading frame II-encoded p30II is required for in vivo replication: evidence of in vivo reversion. J Virol. 2004;78:3837-45 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that HTLV-1 must maintain its key accessory genes to survive in vivo and that in vivo pressures select for maintenance of wild-type ORF II gene products during the early course of infection. ..
- Johnson A, Pessier A, Wellehan J, Brown R, Jacobson E. Identification of a novel herpesvirus from a California desert tortoise (Gopherus agassizii). Vet Microbiol. 2005;111:107-16 pubmed..Similar to THV-1, this novel herpesvirus, tortoise herpesvirus-2 (THV-2), also clusters with the alphaherpesviruses. ..
- Webb B, Strand M, Dickey S, Beck M, Hilgarth R, Barney W, et al. Polydnavirus genomes reflect their dual roles as mutualists and pathogens. Virology. 2006;347:160-74 pubmed
- Zegans M, Wagner J, Cady K, Murphy D, Hammond J, O Toole G. Interaction between bacteriophage DMS3 and host CRISPR region inhibits group behaviors of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:210-9 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest a role for CRISPR regions in modifying the effects of lysogeny on P. aeruginosa. ..
- Garcia Maruniak A, Abd Alla A, Salem T, Parker A, Lietze V, van Oers M, et al. Two viruses that cause salivary gland hypertrophy in Glossina pallidipes and Musca domestica are related and form a distinct phylogenetic clade. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:334-46 pubmed publisher..Although MdSGHV and GpSGHV are different viruses, their pathology, host range and genome composition indicate that they are related...
- Smith K, Allen G, Branscum A, Frank Cook R, Vickers M, Timoney P, et al. The increased prevalence of neuropathogenic strains of EHV-1 in equine abortions. Vet Microbiol. 2010;141:5-11 pubmed publisher..This finding clearly suggests that additional research is required before the genetic basis of the neuropathogenic phenotype in EHV-1 is fully understood. ..
- Kim J, Cox M, Inman R. On the role of ATP hydrolysis in RecA protein-mediated DNA strand exchange. II. Four-strand exchanges. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:16444-9 pubmed..Implications with respect to the role of four-stranded pairing intermediates and the mechanistic relationship between three- and four-strand exchange reactions are discussed. ..
- Naidu R, Collins G, Ghabrial S. Nucleotide sequence analysis of a cDNA clone encoding the coat protein gene of peanut stunt virus. Plant Mol Biol. 1991;17:175-7 pubmed
- Fathi Z, Condit R. Genetic and molecular biological characterization of a vaccinia virus temperature-sensitive complementation group affecting a virion component. Virology. 1991;181:258-72 pubmed..Primer extension analysis also identifies additional late 5' ends which map between nucleotides -500 and -1000 relative to the ORF 18R AUG. ..
- Cui L, Webb B. Homologous sequences in the Campoletis sonorensis polydnavirus genome are implicated in replication and nesting of the W segment family. J Virol. 1997;71:8504-13 pubmed
- Stuyver L, Lostia S, Adams M, Mathew J, Pai B, Grier J, et al. Antiviral activities and cellular toxicities of modified 2',3'-dideoxy-2',3'-didehydrocytidine analogues. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:3854-60 pubmed..08 micro M) and lamivudine-resistant HIV-1 (EC(90) = 0.15 micro M) is markedly reduced by introduction of a 3'-fluorine in the sugar (EC(90)s of compound 2a, 37.5 and 494 micro M, respectively). ..
- Payton M, d Offay J, Prado M, Black D, Damania B, White G, et al. Comparative transmission of multiple herpesviruses and simian virus 40 in a baboon breeding colony. Comp Med. 2004;54:695-704 pubmed
- Philippe C, Grgić H, Ojkic D, Nagy E. Serologic monitoring of a broiler breeder flock previously affected by inclusion body hepatitis and testing of the progeny for vertical transmission of fowl adenoviruses. Can J Vet Res. 2007;71:98-102 pubmed..The lack of virus production and transmission could be due to the presence of high antibody titers in the layers...
- Koelle D, Magaret A, Warren T, Schellenberg G, Wald A. APOE genotype is associated with oral herpetic lesions but not genital or oral herpes simplex virus shedding. Sex Transm Infect. 2010;86:202-6 pubmed publisher..64 (95% CI 1.32 to 15.05, p=0.016). Variation at the APOE locus may be associated with clinical manifestations of HSV-1 infection, but does not appear to correlate with herpes simplex viral reactivation in humans. ..
- Rubinas T, Carey R, Kampert M, Alkan S, Lednicky J. Fatal hemorrhagic pneumonia concomitant with Chlamydia pneumoniae and parainfluenza virus 4 infection. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004;128:640-4 pubmed..While not all hemorrhagic pneumonias are caused by very contagious agents, the etiology must be correctly determined in order to administer appropriate patient care...
- Kirby T, Rivera A, Rein D, Wang M, Ulasov I, Breidenbach M, et al. A novel ex vivo model system for evaluation of conditionally replicative adenoviruses therapeutic efficacy and toxicity. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:8697-703 pubmed
- Apetrei C, Metzger M, Richardson D, Ling B, Telfer P, Reed P, et al. Detection and partial characterization of simian immunodeficiency virus SIVsm strains from bush meat samples from rural Sierra Leone. J Virol. 2005;79:2631-6 pubmed..In spite of the fact that our study doubles the number of known SIVsm strains from wild SMs, none of the simian strains were close to the groups in which HIV-2 was epidemic (groups A and B). ..
- Ason B, Knauss D, Balke A, Merkel G, Skalka A, Reznikoff W. Targeting Tn5 transposase identifies human immunodeficiency virus type 1 inhibitors. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:2035-43 pubmed
- Au T, Agrawal P, Harshey R. Chromosomal integration mechanism of infecting mu virion DNA. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:1829-34 pubmed..The results show similarities with human immunodeficiency virus integration and provide a unifying mechanism for development of Mu along either the lysogenic or lytic pathway...
- Saliki J, Cooper E, Rotstein D, Caseltine S, Pabst D, McLellan W, et al. A novel gammaherpesvirus associated with genital lesions in a Blainville's beaked whale (Mesoplodon densirostris). J Wildl Dis. 2006;42:142-8 pubmed..This new virus, tentatively named Ziphiid herpesvirus type 1, was associated with but not determined to be the cause of genital disease in the Blainville's beaked whale...
- Li H, Chen V, Chen Y, Baumgartner J, Machida C. Herpesviruses in endodontic pathoses: association of Epstein-Barr virus with irreversible pulpitis and apical periodontitis. J Endod. 2009;35:23-9 pubmed publisher..5%, respectively). HSV-1 DNA was found in low percentages in endodontic patients (13.4%), and only one patient showed the presence of VZV. In conclusion, EBV may be associated with irreversible pulpitis and apical periodontitis. ..
- Li H, Sullivan D, Feuerborn N, McArdle S, Bekele K, Pal S, et al. Genetic diversity of hepatitis C virus predicts recurrent disease after liver transplantation. Virology. 2010;402:248-55 pubmed publisher..004). Meanwhile, pre-transplant genetic differences between serum and liver were related to a higher likelihood of development of mild recurrent disease after transplant (p=0.039). ..
- Hinz A, Wang Y, Smerdon M. Base excision repair in a glucocorticoid response element: effect of glucocorticoid receptor binding. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28683-90 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the potential for both positive and negative impacts of DNA-transcription factor binding on the rate of BER. ..
- Jayarama V, Marcello J, Ohagen A, Gibaja V, Lunderville D, Horrigan J, et al. Development of models and detection methods for different forms of cytomegalovirus for the evaluation of viral inactivation agents. Transfusion. 2006;46:1580-8 pubmed..This study describes model systems to the relevant forms of CMV in blood and detection assays that can be used to evaluate the efficacy of viral inactivation agents. ..
- Bawden A, Glassberg K, Diggans J, Shaw R, Farmerie W, Moyer R. Complete genomic sequence of the Amsacta moorei entomopoxvirus: analysis and comparison with other poxviruses. Virology. 2000;274:120-39 pubmed..The complete genomic sequence of AmEPV paves the way for an understanding and comparison of the molecular properties and pathogenesis between the entomopoxviruses of insects and the more intensively studied vertebrate poxviruses...
- Mendell J, Campbell K, Rodino Klapac L, Sahenk Z, Shilling C, Lewis S, et al. Dystrophin immunity in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1429-37 pubmed publisher..Funded by the Muscular Dystrophy Association and others; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00428935.). ..
- Dezzutti C, Lazo A, Yee J, Blakeslee J, Mathes L, Brown B, et al. Detection of simian T-lymphotropic virus type I using the polymerase chain reaction. Int J Cancer. 1992;50:805-10 pubmed..Additionally, our data suggest that the tax and pol gene regions are conserved between HTLV-I and STLV-I strains found among these diverse species of non-human primates...
- Chang W, MacAulay C, Hu S, Tam J, McFadden G. Tumorigenic poxviruses: characterization of the expression of an epidermal growth factor related gene in Shope fibroma virus. Virology. 1990;179:926-30 pubmed..The intracellular 16-kDa form can be pulse-chased to a 14-kDa form but the secreted form of SFGF could not be detected in the medium using this anti-peptide antiserum...