Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on vesicular transport proteins in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: vesicular transport proteins
- Row P, Liu H, Hayes S, Welchman R, Charalabous P, Hofmann K, et al. The MIT domain of UBPY constitutes a CHMP binding and endosomal localization signal required for efficient epidermal growth factor receptor degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30929-37 pubmed
- Rickman C, Davletov B. Mechanism of calcium-independent synaptotagmin binding to target SNAREs. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5501-4 pubmed
- Odintsova E, van Niel G, Conjeaud H, Raposo G, Iwamoto R, Mekada E, et al. Metastasis suppressor tetraspanin CD82/KAI1 regulates ubiquitylation of epidermal growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26323-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations provide an important new insight into the modulatory role of CD82 in endocytic trafficking of EGF receptor. ..
- Barclay J, Craig T, Fisher R, Ciufo L, Evans G, Morgan A, et al. Phosphorylation of Munc18 by protein kinase C regulates the kinetics of exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10538-45 pubmed..Phosphorylation of Munc18 by PKC may provide a mechanism for the control of exocytosis and thereby synaptic plasticity. ..
- Eugster A, Frigerio G, Dale M, Duden R. The alpha- and beta'-COP WD40 domains mediate cargo-selective interactions with distinct di-lysine motifs. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1011-23 pubmed
- Teo H, Perisic O, Gonzalez B, Williams R. ESCRT-II, an endosome-associated complex required for protein sorting: crystal structure and interactions with ESCRT-III and membranes. Dev Cell. 2004;7:559-69 pubmed..Vps25 is the chief subunit responsible for Vps20 recruitment. This interaction dramatically increases binding of both components to lipid vesicles in vitro. ..
- Kampmeyer C, Karakostova A, Schenstrøm S, Abildgaard A, Lauridsen A, Jourdain I, et al. The exocyst subunit Sec3 is regulated by a protein quality control pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15240-15253 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that a cytosolic protein quality control pathway monitors folding and proteasome-dependent turnover of an exocyst subunit and, thereby, controls exocytosis in fission yeast. ..
- Carlton J, Bujny M, Peter B, Oorschot V, Rutherford A, Mellor H, et al. Sorting nexin-1 mediates tubular endosome-to-TGN transport through coincidence sensing of high- curvature membranes and 3-phosphoinositides. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1791-800 pubmed
- Pye V, Beuron F, Keetch C, McKeown C, Robinson C, Meyer H, et al. Structural insights into the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:467-72 pubmed
- Lubben N, Sahlender D, Motley A, Lehner P, Benaroch P, Robinson M. HIV-1 Nef-induced down-regulation of MHC class I requires AP-1 and clathrin but not PACS-1 and is impeded by AP-2. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3351-65 pubmed..We propose that depleting AP-2 potentiates Nef activity by altering the membrane composition and dynamics of endosomes and causing increased delivery of HLA-A2 to a prelysosomal compartment. ..
- Johnson L, Prevo R, Clasper S, Jackson D. Inflammation-induced uptake and degradation of the lymphatic endothelial hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33671-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that LYVE-1 can function independently of hyaluronan and have implications for the use of LYVE-1 as a histological marker for lymphangiogenesis in human pathology. ..
- Carlton J, Agromayor M, Martin Serrano J. Differential requirements for Alix and ESCRT-III in cytokinesis and HIV-1 release. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10541-6 pubmed publisher..Last, we demonstrate that overexpression of Chmp4b and Chmp4c differentially inhibits HIV-1 release and cytokinesis, suggesting possible reasons for gene expansion within the mammalian Class E VPS pathway. ..
- Nightingale T, Frayne M, Clasper S, Banerji S, Jackson D. A mechanism of sialylation functionally silences the hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 in lymphatic endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3935-45 pubmed publisher..These results reveal unexpected complexity in the regulation of LYVE-1 function and raise the possibility that this receptor, like CD44, may become active after appropriate unmasking in vivo...
- Pawliczek T, Crump C. Herpes simplex virus type 1 production requires a functional ESCRT-III complex but is independent of TSG101 and ALIX expression. J Virol. 2009;83:11254-64 pubmed publisher..In line with these data, we also find that ESCRT-III proteins and VPS4A/B are specifically incorporated into mature HSV-1 virions. ..
- Hu K, Carroll J, Rickman C, Davletov B. Action of complexin on SNARE complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41652-6 pubmed..We propose that complexin facilitates neuronal exocytosis by promoting interaction between the complementary syntaxin and synaptobrevin transmembrane regions that reside in opposing membranes prior to fusion. ..
- Cozier G, Carlton J, McGregor A, Gleeson P, Teasdale R, Mellor H, et al. The phox homology (PX) domain-dependent, 3-phosphoinositide-mediated association of sorting nexin-1 with an early sorting endosomal compartment is required for its ability to regulate epidermal growth factor receptor degradation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48730-6 pubmed..Finally, we have shown that the PX domain-dependent/early endosomal association of SNX1 is important for its ability to regulate the targeting of internalized epidermal growth factor receptor for lysosomal degradation. ..
- Steel G, Laude A, Boojawan A, Harvey D, Morgan A. Biochemical analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SEC18 gene product: implications for the molecular mechanism of membrane fusion. Biochemistry. 1999;38:7764-72 pubmed..We conclude that the mechanistic properties of NSF and SNAPs are shared by Sec18p and Sec17p, thus demonstrating that the biochemistry of membrane fusion is conserved from yeast to mammals. ..
- Seaman M, Williams H. Identification of the functional domains of yeast sorting nexins Vps5p and Vps17p. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2826-40 pubmed..Additionally, we have examined which domain(s) of Vps5p is necessary for membrane association. ..
- Lowe M, Gonatas N, Warren G. The mitotic phosphorylation cycle of the cis-Golgi matrix protein GM130. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:341-56 pubmed..The active species was identified as heterotrimeric phosphatase containing the Balpha regulatory subunit, suggesting a role for this isoform in the reassembly of mitotic Golgi membranes at the end of mitosis. ..
- Prevo R, Banerji S, Ferguson D, Clasper S, Jackson D. Mouse LYVE-1 is an endocytic receptor for hyaluronan in lymphatic endothelium. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19420-30 pubmed..Together these results suggest a role for LYVE-1 in the transport of HA from tissue to lymph and imply that further novel hyaluronan receptors must exist that can compensate for the loss of CD44 function. ..
- Chamberlain L, Burgoyne R, Gould G. SNARE proteins are highly enriched in lipid rafts in PC12 cells: implications for the spatial control of exocytosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5619-24 pubmed publisher..The results described suggest that the interaction of SNARE proteins with lipid rafts is important for exocytosis and may allow structural and spatial organization of the secretory machinery...
- Sanna B, Kramer D, Genazzani A. The expression of the PDZ protein MALS-1/velis is regulated by calcium and calcineurin in cerebellar granule cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49585-90 pubmed..These data suggest that Ca(2+) entry by means of calcineurin is capable of controlling the structure of the post-synaptic density by controlling the expression of key components at the transcriptional level. ..
- Sanhueza M, Chai A, Smith C, McCray B, Simpson T, Taylor J, et al. Network analyses reveal novel aspects of ALS pathogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005107 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results not only lead to a better understanding of hVAPB function but also point to potentially relevant targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Graham S, Wartosch L, Gray S, Scourfield E, Deane J, Luzio J, et al. Structural basis of Vps33A recruitment to the human HOPS complex by Vps16. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13345-50 pubmed publisher..The Vps33A-Vps16 complex provides a structural framework for studying the association between Sec1/Munc18 proteins and tethering complexes. ..
- Brozzi F, Lajus S, Diraison F, Rajatileka S, Hayward K, Regazzi R, et al. MyRIP interaction with MyoVa on secretory granules is controlled by the cAMP-PKA pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4444-55 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MyRIP only forms a functional protein complex with BR-MyoVa on SGs when cAMP is elevated and under this condition facilitates phosphorylation of SG-associated proteins, which in turn can enhance secretion. ..
- Edwards M, Johnson J, Rankin K, Jenkins R, Maguire C, Morgan A, et al. PKC-2 phosphorylation of UNC-18 Ser322 in AFD neurons regulates temperature dependency of locomotion. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7042-51 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that an individual DAG-dependent thermosensory behavior of an organism is effected specifically by the downstream PKC-2 phosphorylation of UNC-18 on Ser322 in AFD neurons. ..
- Seemann J, Jokitalo E, Warren G. The role of the tethering proteins p115 and GM130 in transport through the Golgi apparatus in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:635-45 pubmed..They also provide support for a model of mitotic Golgi fragmentation in which the tethering complex is disrupted by mitotic phosphorylation of GM130. ..
- Graham M, Edwards M, Holden Dye L, Morgan A, Burgoyne R, Barclay J. UNC-18 modulates ethanol sensitivity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:43-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ethanol acts, at least partially, at the level of vesicle fusion and that its acute effects are ameliorated by point mutations in UNC-18. ..
- Haynes L, Evans G, Morgan A, Burgoyne R. A direct inhibitory role for the Rab3-specific effector, Noc2, in Ca2+-regulated exocytosis in neuroendocrine cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9726-32 pubmed..We propose that Noc2 may be a negative effector for Rab3A in regulated exocytosis of dense-core granules from endocrine cells. ..
- Marchès O, Batchelor M, Shaw R, Patel A, Cummings N, Nagai T, et al. EspF of enteropathogenic Escherichia coli binds sorting nexin 9. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:3110-5 pubmed..Coimmunoprecipitation and confocal microscopy showed specific EspF-SNX9 interaction and non-mitochondrial protein colocalization in infected epithelial cells. ..
- Gillingham A, Whyte J, Panic B, Munro S. Mon2, a relative of large Arf exchange factors, recruits Dop1 to the Golgi apparatus. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2273-80 pubmed..Thus, it appears that Dop1 plays a widespread role in membrane organization, and Mon2 acts as a scaffold to recruit the Golgi-localized pool of Dop1. ..
- McCullough J, Row P, Lorenzo O, Doherty M, Beynon R, Clague M, et al. Activation of the endosome-associated ubiquitin isopeptidase AMSH by STAM, a component of the multivesicular body-sorting machinery. Curr Biol. 2006;16:160-5 pubmed..Other interacting factors do not directly stimulate AMSH but may serve to orient the enzyme with respect to substrates on the endosomal membrane. ..
- Siniossoglou S, Pelham H. Vps51p links the VFT complex to the SNARE Tlg1p. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48318-24 pubmed..Recent evidence suggests that components of a number of rab/ypt effector complexes share a common, distantly related helical coiled-coil motif. We show that each VFT subunit requires this coiled-coil motif for assembly into the complex. ..
- Bishop N, Horman A, Woodman P. Mammalian class E vps proteins recognize ubiquitin and act in the removal of endosomal protein-ubiquitin conjugates. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:91-101 pubmed..Similar defects are found in cells overexpressing Hrs, further emphasizing the links between class E protein function, receptor trafficking, and endosomal ubiquitination. ..
- Muller J, Shorter J, Newman R, Deinhardt K, Sagiv Y, Elazar Z, et al. Sequential SNARE disassembly and GATE-16-GOS-28 complex assembly mediated by distinct NSF activities drives Golgi membrane fusion. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1161-73 pubmed..We suggest that this occurs at the inception of Golgi reassembly to protect the v-SNARE and regulate SNARE function. ..
- Teo H, Veprintsev D, Williams R. Structural insights into endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT-I) recognition of ubiquitinated proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28689-96 pubmed..The structure provides a detailed framework for design of mutants that can specifically affect ESCRT-I-dependent sorting of ubiquitinated cargo without affecting Vps27-mediated delivery of cargo to endosomes. ..
- Sönnichsen B, Lowe M, Levine T, Jämsä E, Dirac Svejstrup B, Warren G. A role for giantin in docking COPI vesicles to Golgi membranes. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:1013-21 pubmed..Together these results suggest that COPI vesicles are docked by giantin on the COPI vesicles and GM130 on Golgi membranes with p115 providing a bridge...
- Button R, Roberts S, Willis T, Hanemann C, Luo S. Accumulation of autophagosomes confers cytotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13599-13614 pubmed publisher..Therefore, lowering the accumulation of autophagosomes may represent a therapeutic strategy for tackling such diseases. ..
- Banerji S, Ni J, Wang S, Clasper S, Su J, Tammi R, et al. LYVE-1, a new homologue of the CD44 glycoprotein, is a lymph-specific receptor for hyaluronan. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:789-801 pubmed..Hence, LYVE-1 is the first lymph-specific HA receptor to be characterized and is a uniquely powerful marker for lymph vessels themselves. ..
- Roberts B, Clucas C, Johnstone I. Loss of SEC-23 in Caenorhabditis elegans causes defects in oogenesis, morphogenesis, and extracellular matrix secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4414-26 pubmed
- Swanton E, Bishop N, Woodman P. Human rabaptin-5 is selectively cleaved by caspase-3 during apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:37583-90 pubmed..Caspase-dependent cleavage of rabaptin-5 generates two physically separated coiled coil-forming domains, the C-terminal of which retains the ability to bind the Rab5 exchange factor rabex-5. ..
- Burden J, Sun X, García A, Soutar A. Sorting motifs in the intracellular domain of the low density lipoprotein receptor interact with a novel domain of sorting nexin-17. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16237-45 pubmed..These results suggest that SNX17 plays a role in the cellular trafficking of the LDL receptor through interaction with the NPVY motif in its cytoplasmic domain and interaction of the PX domain with subcellular membrane compartments. ..
- Bishop N, Woodman P. ATPase-defective mammalian VPS4 localizes to aberrant endosomes and impairs cholesterol trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:227-39 pubmed..The phenotype described here is largely consistent with the defects in vacuolar sorting associated with class E vps mutants in yeast, and a role for mammalian VPS4 is discussed in this context. ..
- Graham M, Barclay J, Burgoyne R. Syntaxin/Munc18 interactions in the late events during vesicle fusion and release in exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32751-60 pubmed..Modification of the Munc18-1/syntaxin 1A interaction would therefore be a key mechanism for the regulation of quantal size. ..
- Hirst J, Miller S, Taylor M, von Mollard G, Robinson M. EpsinR is an adaptor for the SNARE protein Vti1b. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5593-602 pubmed..These findings provide in vivo evidence that epsinR is an adaptor for vti1b, and they also show that CCV isolation can be used as an assay for adaptor function. ..
- Granata A, Watson R, Collinson L, Schiavo G, Warner T. The dystonia-associated protein torsinA modulates synaptic vesicle recycling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7568-79 pubmed publisher..This may affect neuronal uptake of neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, playing a role in the development of dystonic movements...
- McDonald B, Martin Serrano J. Regulation of Tsg101 expression by the steadiness box: a role of Tsg101-associated ligase. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:754-63 pubmed..Lastly, we demonstrate that while the C-terminal lysines are targets for polyubiquitination, they are not required for any additional function necessary for ESCRT activity. ..
- Bishop N, Woodman P. TSG101/mammalian VPS23 and mammalian VPS28 interact directly and are recruited to VPS4-induced endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11735-42 pubmed..We conclude that TSG101 and its interacting components are directly involved in endosomal sorting. ..
- Zhang X, Shaw A, Bates P, Newman R, Gowen B, Orlova E, et al. Structure of the AAA ATPase p97. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1473-84 pubmed..A comparison with NSF D2 (ATP complex) reveals possible conformational changes induced by ATP hydrolysis. Given the D1 and D2 packing arrangement, we propose a ratchet mechanism for p97 during its ATP hydrolysis cycle. ..
- Pickett J, Thorn P, Edwardson J. The plasma membrane Q-SNARE syntaxin 2 enters the zymogen granule membrane during exocytosis in the pancreatic acinar cell. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1506-11 pubmed..We conclude that syntaxin 2 enters the membrane of a fused zymogen granule after the opening of the fusion pore, and we suggest that this movement might permit the onset of secondary fusion. ..
- Ciufo L, Barclay J, Burgoyne R, Morgan A. Munc18-1 regulates early and late stages of exocytosis via syntaxin-independent protein interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:470-82 pubmed..These results clarify the data on the function of SM proteins in mutant organisms and indicate that Munc18-1 controls multiple stages of exocytosis via both syntaxin-dependent and -independent protein interactions. ..