Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on vascular endothelial growth factor a in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: vascular endothelial growth factor a
Publications492 found, 100 shown here
- Ramanathan M, Luo W, Csóka B, Hasko G, Lukashev D, Sitkovsky M, et al. Differential regulation of HIF-1alpha isoforms in murine macrophages by TLR4 and adenosine A(2A) receptor agonists. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:681-9 pubmed publisher..LPS-induced expression of A(2A)Rs and HIF-1alpha and A(2A)R-dependent HIF-1alpha mRNA and protein stabilization provide mechanisms for the synergistic effects of LPS and A(2A)R agonists on macrophage VEGF expression. ..
- Al Shabrawey M, Mussell R, Kahook K, Tawfik A, Eladl M, Sarthy V, et al. Increased expression and activity of 12-lipoxygenase in oxygen-induced ischemic retinopathy and proliferative diabetic retinopathy: implications in retinal neovascularization. Diabetes. 2011;60:614-24 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to investigate whether 12-LOX plays a role in retinal neovascularization (NV)...
- Tao J, Doughman Y, Yang K, RAMIREZ BERGERON D, Watanabe M. Epicardial HIF signaling regulates vascular precursor cell invasion into the myocardium. Dev Biol. 2013;376:136-49 pubmed publisher..These signals could explain why the larger coronaries appear and remain on the epicardial surface. ..
- Thompson C, Purushothaman A, Ramani V, Vlodavsky I, Sanderson R. Heparanase regulates secretion, composition, and function of tumor cell-derived exosomes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10093-9 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that heparanase helps drive exosome secretion, alters exosome composition, and facilitates production of exosomes that impact both tumor and host cell behavior, thereby promoting tumor progression. ..
- Zhang Q, Yu C, Peng S, Xu H, Wright E, Zhang X, et al. Autocrine VEGF signaling promotes proliferation of neoplastic Barrett's epithelial cells through a PLC-dependent pathway. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:461-72.e6 pubmed publisher..Strategies to reduce autocrine VEGF signaling (eg, with sunitinib) might be used to prevent or treat cancer in patients with Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Downs K, Temkin R, Gifford S, McHugh J. Study of the murine allantois by allantoic explants. Dev Biol. 2001;233:347-64 pubmed
- Bassanini S, Hallene K, Battaglia G, Finardi A, Santaguida S, Cipolla M, et al. Early cerebrovascular and parenchymal events following prenatal exposure to the putative neurotoxin methylazoxymethanol. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;26:481-95 pubmed
- Warren K, Bahrani H, Fox J. NSAIDs in combination therapy for the treatment of chronic pseudophakic cystoid macular edema. Retina. 2010;30:260-6 pubmed..Furthermore, nepafenac produced a sustained improvement in visual acuity. ..
- Perera P, Wypasek E, Madhavan S, Rath Deschner B, Liu J, Nam J, et al. Mechanical signals control SOX-9, VEGF, and c-Myc expression and cell proliferation during inflammation via integrin-linked kinase, B-Raf, and ERK1/2-dependent signaling in articular chondrocytes. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R106 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the findings point to the potential of mechanosignaling in cartilage repair during inflammation. ..
- Wang B, Kaumaya P, Cohn D. Immunization with synthetic VEGF peptides in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:564-70 pubmed publisher..Active immunization with VEGF peptides elicits antibodies that inhibit tumor growth by blocking VEGF-dependent angiogenesis. ..
- Guan W, Somanath P, Kozak A, Goc A, El Remessy A, Ergul A, et al. Vascular protection by angiotensin receptor antagonism involves differential VEGF expression in both hemispheres after experimental stroke. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24551 pubmed publisher..These vascular changes in both hemispheres after effective treatment are likely to contribute to enhanced recovery after stroke. ..
- Palanisamy V, Jakymiw A, Van Tubergen E, D Silva N, Kirkwood K. Control of cytokine mRNA expression by RNA-binding proteins and microRNAs. J Dent Res. 2012;91:651-8 pubmed publisher..These mRNA control mechanisms can potentially influence inflammation as it relates to oral biology, including periodontal diseases and oral pharyngeal cancer progression. ..
- Kelsen S, He X, Chade A. Early superoxide scavenging accelerates renal microvascular rarefaction and damage in the stenotic kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F576-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a tight balance of the renal redox status is necessary for a normal MV repair response to injury, at least at the early stage of RVD, and raise caution regarding antioxidant strategies in RAS. ..
- Galanis E, Anderson S, Lafky J, Uhm J, Giannini C, Kumar S, et al. Phase II study of bevacizumab in combination with sorafenib in recurrent glioblastoma (N0776): a north central cancer treatment group trial. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:4816-23 pubmed publisher..Biologic markers of response and resistance to bevacizumab in gliomas were identified which merit prospective validation. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Pluskota E, Davuluri G, Bialkowska K, Das M, Szpak D, et al. Kindlin-3 enhances breast cancer progression and metastasis by activating Twist-mediated angiogenesis. FASEB J. 2014;28:2260-71 pubmed publisher..This signaling cascade enhances breast cancer cell invasion and tumor angiogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Pedram A, Razandi M, Levin E. Deciphering vascular endothelial cell growth factor/vascular permeability factor signaling to vascular permeability. Inhibition by atrial natriuretic peptide. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44385-98 pubmed..Thus, ANP acts as an anti-permeability factor by inhibiting the signaling functions of VPF that we define here and by preserving the endothelial cell TJ functional morphology. ..
- Bora P, Sohn J, Cruz J, Jha P, Nishihori H, Wang Y, et al. Role of complement and complement membrane attack complex in laser-induced choroidal neovascularization. J Immunol. 2005;174:491-7 pubmed..It is possible that a similar mechanism may be involved in the pathophysiology of other angiogenesis essential diseases. ..
- Kinney C, Chandrasekharan U, Mavrakis L, DiCorleto P. VEGF and thrombin induce MKP-1 through distinct signaling pathways: role for MKP-1 in endothelial cell migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C241-50 pubmed..Overall, these results demonstrate distinct MAPK signaling pathways for thrombin versus VEGF induction of MKP-1 in ECs and point to the importance of MKP-1 induction in VEGF-stimulated EC migration. ..
- Yan H, Zhang F, Kochevar A, Akdemir O, Gao W, Angel M. The effect of postconditioning on the muscle flap survival after ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. J Invest Surg. 2010;23:249-56 pubmed publisher..The consistent expression of VEGF in a high level may play an important role in the physiological effects of post-con. ..
- Zarjou A, Kim J, Traylor A, Sanders P, Balla J, Agarwal A, et al. Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells in cisplatin-induced renal injury require heme oxygenase-1. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F254-62 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that HO-1 plays an important role in MSC-mediated protection. The results expand understanding of the renoprotective effects of MSC and may provide novel strategies to better utilize MSC in various disease models. ..
- Guryanova O, Wu Q, Cheng L, Lathia J, Huang Z, Yang J, et al. Nonreceptor tyrosine kinase BMX maintains self-renewal and tumorigenic potential of glioblastoma stem cells by activating STAT3. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:498-511 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that BMX represents a GSC therapeutic target and reinforces the importance of STAT3 signaling in stem-like cancer phenotypes. ..
- Xu H, Zhang Y, PeÃ±a M, Pirisi L, Creek K. Six1 promotes colorectal cancer growth and metastasis by stimulating angiogenesis and recruiting tumor-associated macrophages. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:281-292 pubmed publisher..MAPK activation may be a pivotal event in Six1-associated tumor progression, which may provide opportunities for pharmacologic intervention. ..
- Ye L, Mishina Y, Chen D, Huang H, Dallas S, Dallas M, et al. Dmp1-deficient mice display severe defects in cartilage formation responsible for a chondrodysplasia-like phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6197-203 pubmed..In addition, blood vessel invasion is impaired in the epiphyses of Dmp1(-/-) mice. These findings show that DMP1 is essential for normal postnatal chondrogenesis and subsequent osteogenesis. ..
- Wikenheiser J, Wolfram J, Gargesha M, Yang K, Karunamuni G, Wilson D, et al. Altered hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha expression levels correlate with coronary vessel anomalies. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2688-700 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that developing coronary vessels may be subject to a level of regulation that is dependent on differential oxygen levels within cardiac tissues and subsequent HIF-1 regulation of gene expression. ..
- Kolomeyer A, Sugino I, Zarbin M. Characterization of conditioned media collected from cultured adult versus fetal retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:5973-86 pubmed publisher..Combined with trophic factor receptor occupancy calculations, these data implicate VEGF-A and PEDF as key RPE-derived factors promoting preservation of retinal structure and function. ..
- Grutzmacher C, Park S, Zhao Y, Morrison M, Sheibani N, Sorenson C. Aberrant production of extracellular matrix proteins and dysfunction in kidney endothelial cells with a short duration of diabetes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F19-30 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that aberrant endothelial cell function with a short duration of diabetes may set the stage for vascular dysfunction and rarefaction at later stages of diabetes...
- Pedram A, Razandi M, Levin E. Natriuretic peptides suppress vascular endothelial cell growth factor signaling to angiogenesis. Endocrinology. 2001;142:1578-86 pubmed..The actions are significantly prevented by NP, which act through both the NPRC and GC receptors to block growth factor signaling. Thus, NP are candidate antiangiogenesis factors that inhibit both the synthesis and function of VEGF. ..
- Rajendran J, Wilson D, Conrad E, Peterson L, Bruckner J, Rasey J, et al. [(18)F]FMISO and [(18)F]FDG PET imaging in soft tissue sarcomas: correlation of hypoxia, metabolism and VEGF expression. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2003;30:695-704 pubmed..Identification of hypoxia and development of a more complete biologic profile of STS will serve to guide more rational, individualized cancer treatment approaches. ..
- Torry D, Hinrichs M, Torry R. Determinants of placental vascularity. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2004;51:257-68 pubmed..Placental vascularization reflects a complex interaction of regulatory factors. Understanding the regulation of vascular growth in the placenta will provide much needed insight into placenta-related vascular insufficiencies. ..
- Eubank T, Roberts R, Galloway M, Wang Y, Cohn D, Marsh C. GM-CSF induces expression of soluble VEGF receptor-1 from human monocytes and inhibits angiogenesis in mice. Immunity. 2004;21:831-42 pubmed..Thus, GM-CSF and monocytes play a vital role in angiogenesis through the regulation of VEGF and sVEGFR-1. ..
- Wood P, Bove K, You S, Chambers A, Hrushesky W. Cancer growth and spread are saltatory and phase-locked to the reproductive cycle through mediators of angiogenesis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:1065-75 pubmed..These fertility cycle-induced effects on tumor biology also seem to extend to non-breast cancer biology. ..
- Bhattacharya R, Kang Decker N, Hughes D, Mukherjee P, Shah V, McNiven M, et al. Regulatory role of dynamin-2 in VEGFR-2/KDR-mediated endothelial signaling. FASEB J. 2005;19:1692-4 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that dynamin-2 regulates KDR expression and function and hence plays an important role in VPF/VEGF mediated angiogenesis. ..
- Ebrahem Q, Renganathan K, Sears J, Vasanji A, Gu X, Lu L, et al. Carboxyethylpyrrole oxidative protein modifications stimulate neovascularization: Implications for age-related macular degeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13480-4 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that CEP-induced angiogenesis utilizes VEGF-independent pathways and that anti-CEP therapeutic modalities might be of value in limiting CNV in AMD...
- Mahajan D, Miller C, Hirose K, McCullough A, Yerian L. Incidental reduction in the size of liver hemangioma following use of VEGF inhibitor bevacizumab. J Hepatol. 2008;49:867-70 pubmed publisher..VEGF-signaling blockade including bevacizumab use poses a potential new treatment modality for vascular neoplasms in the liver and other sites. ..
- Liby T, Spyropoulos P, Buff Lindner H, Eldridge J, Beeson C, Hsu T, et al. Akt3 controls vascular endothelial growth factor secretion and angiogenesis in ovarian cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:532-43 pubmed publisher..Silencing of RCAS1 using siRNA inhibits VEGF secretion. These findings suggest an important role for Akt3 in the regulation of RCAS1 and VEGF secretion in ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Yan J, Zhou B, Taheri S, Shi H. Differential effects of HIF-1 inhibition by YC-1 on the overall outcome and blood-brain barrier damage in a rat model of ischemic stroke. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27798 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that YC-1 lacks the potential as a cerebral ischemic treatment although it confers certain protection to the cerebral vascular system. ..
- Park S, Dimaio T, Liu W, Wang S, Sorenson C, Sheibani N. Endoglin regulates the activation and quiescence of endothelium by participating in canonical and non-canonical TGF-? signaling pathways. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1392-405 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results underscore the importance of endoglin in both canonical and non-canonical TGF? signaling pathways modulating both the activation and quiescence of the endothelium during angiogenesis. ..
- Englander M, Kaiser P. Combination therapy for the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2013;24:233-8 pubmed publisher..Using combination treatments that target other pathways involved in angiogenesis will hopefully improve on the results of current anti-VEGF agents and may result in greater visual improvement and more convenient dosing regimens. ..
- Harvey T, Engel J, Chade A. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Podocyte Protection in Chronic Hypoxia: Effects of Endothelin-A Receptor Antagonism. Am J Nephrol. 2016;43:74-84 pubmed publisher..Enhanced bioavailability of VEGF after ET-A antagonism could be a pivotal mechanism of podocyte protection that significantly contributes to ET-A receptor blockade-induced renal recovery in chronic RVD. ..
- Song H, Lim H, Das S, Paria B, Dey S. Dysregulation of EGF family of growth factors and COX-2 in the uterus during the preattachment and attachment reactions of the blastocyst with the luminal epithelium correlates with implantation failure in LIF-deficient mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1147-61 pubmed..However, we observed that LIF can only partially resume implantation in P4-primed, delayed implanting mice in the absence of estrogen, suggesting LIF induction is one of many functions that are executed by estrogen for implantation. ..
- Suga S, Kim Y, Joly A, Puchacz E, Kang D, Jefferson J, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF121) protects rats from renal infarction in thrombotic microangiopathy. Kidney Int. 2001;60:1297-308 pubmed..We hypothesized that the endothelial survival factor vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) may provide protection...
- Anghelina M, Moldovan L, Moldovan N. Preferential activity of Tie2 promoter in arteriolar endothelium. J Cell Mol Med. 2005;9:113-21 pubmed..In conclusion, a strong Tie2 promoter activity qualifies as a novel marker of the arteriolar phenotype in microvascular endothelium. ..
- McMullen M, Bryant P, Glembotski C, Vincent P, Pumiglia K. Activation of p38 has opposing effects on the proliferation and migration of endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20995-1003 pubmed
- Chigurupati S, Kulkarni T, Thomas S, Shah G. Calcitonin stimulates multiple stages of angiogenesis by directly acting on endothelial cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:8519-29 pubmed..These results show that prostate tumor-derived calcitonin may play an important role in prostate tumor growth by regulating intratumoral vascularization. ..
- Slomiany M, Black L, Kibbey M, Day T, Rosenzweig S. IGF-1 induced vascular endothelial growth factor secretion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:851-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate the presence of an IGF-1 regulated VEGF autocrine loop in HNSCC. ..
- Roberts A, Arbogast L, Friedman C, Cohn D, KAUMAYA P, Danforth D. Neutralization of endogenous vascular endothelial growth factor depletes primordial follicles in the mouse ovary. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:218-23 pubmed..These data suggest that VEGF plays a vital role in the maintenance and growth of the primordial follicle pool. ..
- Appukuttan B, McFarland T, Davies M, Atchaneeyasakul L, Zhang Y, Babra B, et al. Identification of novel alternatively spliced isoforms of RTEF-1 within human ocular vascular endothelial cells and murine retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3775-82 pubmed..Alternative spliced variants of human RTEF-1 transcripts are able to potentiate expression from the VEGF 5' proximal promoter region. ..
- Thirunavukkarasu M, Han Z, Zhan L, Penumathsa S, Menon V, Maulik N. Adeno-sh-beta-catenin abolishes ischemic preconditioning-mediated cardioprotection by downregulation of its target genes VEGF, Bcl-2, and survivin in ischemic rat myocardium. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2008;10:1475-84 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated for the first time that silencing beta-catenin abolished IP-mediated cardioprotection, probably through inhibition of VEGF-Bcl-2 and survivin. ..
- Nahar N, Missana L, Garimella R, Tague S, Anderson H. Matrix vesicles are carriers of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and noncollagenous matrix proteins. J Bone Miner Metab. 2008;26:514-9 pubmed publisher..Significant amounts of BMP-2 and BMP-4 were detected in MVs by ELISA. Combined, these data suggest that MVs could play an important morphogenetic role in growth plate and endochondral bone formation. ..
- Zhang J, Luo B, Tang L, Wang Y, Stockard C, Kadish I, et al. Pulmonary angiogenesis in a rat model of hepatopulmonary syndrome. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1070-80 pubmed publisher..PTX decreases the angiogenesis, reduces the symptoms of HPS, and downregulates VEGF-A mediated pathways. ..
- Knape R, Zavaleta E, Clark C, Khuddus N, Peden M. Intravitreal bevacizumab treatment of bilateral peripapillary choroidal neovascularization from optic nerve head drusen. J AAPOS. 2011;15:87-90 pubmed publisher..We present a case of bilateral choroidal neovascular membranes associated with optic nerve head drusen in a 5-year-old boy who was successfully treated with a combination of focal laser photocoagulation and intravitreal bevacizumab. ..
- Gee J, Bailey H, Kim K, Kolesar J, Havighurst T, Tutsch K, et al. Phase II open label, multi-center clinical trial of modulation of intermediate endpoint biomarkers by 1?-hydroxyvitamin D2 in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer and high grade pin. Prostate. 2013;73:970-8 pubmed publisher..While further investigation of vitamin D may be warranted based on preclinical studies, results of the present trial do not appear to justify evaluation of 1?-OH-D2 in larger clinical prostate cancer prevention studies. ..
- Guo H, Li X, Parker M, Waltenberger J, Becker P, Vander Kooi C. Mechanistic basis for the potent anti-angiogenic activity of semaphorin 3F. Biochemistry. 2013;52:7551-8 pubmed publisher..These data establish the basis for potent competitive binding of Sema3 to Nrp1 and provide a basis for the design of bivalent Nrp inhibitors. ..
- Levin E, Rosen G, Cassidenti D, Yee B, Meldrum D, Wisot A, et al. Role of vascular endothelial cell growth factor in Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:1978-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that VEGF is the FF factor responsible for increased vascular permeability, thereby contributing to the pathogenesis of OHSS. ..
- Gao G, Li Y, Fant J, Crosson C, Becerra S, Ma J. Difference in ischemic regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor and pigment epithelium--derived factor in brown norway and sprague dawley rats contributing to different susceptibilities to retinal neovascularization. Diabetes. 2002;51:1218-25 pubmed
- Majka M, Ratajczak J, Villaire G, Kubiczek K, Marquez L, Janowska Wieczorek A, et al. Thrombopoietin, but not cytokines binding to gp130 protein-coupled receptors, activates MAPKp42/44, AKT, and STAT proteins in normal human CD34+ cells, megakaryocytes, and platelets. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:751-60 pubmed
- Menendez J, Vellon L, Oza B, Lupu R. Does endogenous fatty acid metabolism allow cancer cells to sense hypoxia and mediate hypoxic vasodilatation? Characterization of a novel molecular connection between fatty acid synthase (FAS) and hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha)-related . J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:857-63 pubmed
- Davidorf F, Mouser J, Derick R. Rapid improvement of rubeosis iridis from a single bevacizumab (Avastin) injection. Retina. 2006;26:354-6 pubmed
- Nakagawa T, Sato W, Glushakova O, Heinig M, Clarke T, Campbell Thompson M, et al. Diabetic endothelial nitric oxide synthase knockout mice develop advanced diabetic nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:539-50 pubmed..It was postulated that endothelial dysfunction should predict nephropathy and that correction of the dysfunction may prevent these important complications. ..
- Steenhard B, Freeburg P, Isom K, Stroganova L, Borza D, Hudson B, et al. Kidney development and gene expression in the HIF2alpha knockout mouse. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1115-25 pubmed..Our results show that, although HIF2alpha was widely transcribed by kidney endothelium and vascular smooth muscle, knockouts displayed no detectable deficits in vessel development or VEGF or Flk-1 expression. ..
- Al Shabrawey M, Bartoli M, El Remessy A, Ma G, Matragoon S, Lemtalsi T, et al. Role of NADPH oxidase and Stat3 in statin-mediated protection against diabetic retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:3231-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that simvastatin protects against the early signs of diabetic retinopathy by preventing NADPH oxidase-mediated activation of STAT3. ..
- Yang J, Duh E, Caldwell R, Behzadian M. Antipermeability function of PEDF involves blockade of the MAP kinase/GSK/beta-catenin signaling pathway and uPAR expression. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3273-80 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for developing precise and potent therapies for treatment of diseases characterized by vascular barrier dysfunction. ..
- Kim D, Kleinman D, Kanetaka T, Gerritsen M, Nivaggioli T, Weber D, et al. Rapamycin inhibits VEGF-induced microvascular hyperpermeability in vivo. Microcirculation. 2010;17:128-36 pubmed publisher..This inhibition is (i) a direct effect on the endothelial barrier, and (ii) independent of arteriolar vasodilation. Rapamycin at 10 mg/kg stimulates effectors that increase microvascular permeability. ..
- Lubner S, Mahoney M, Kolesar J, Loconte N, Kim G, Pitot H, et al. Report of a multicenter phase II trial testing a combination of biweekly bevacizumab and daily erlotinib in patients with unresectable biliary cancer: a phase II Consortium study. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:3491-7 pubmed publisher..Secondary end points included overall survival (OS), time to progression (TTP), VEGF levels, and molecular studies of EGFR and k-ras...
- Bid H, Oswald D, Li C, London C, Lin J, Houghton P. Anti-angiogenic activity of a small molecule STAT3 inhibitor LLL12. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35513 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence that LLL12 effectively inhibits tumor angiogenesis both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Bauer A, Banek C, Needham K, Gillham H, Capoccia S, Regal J, et al. Pravastatin attenuates hypertension, oxidative stress, and angiogenic imbalance in rat model of placental ischemia-induced hypertension. Hypertension. 2013;61:1103-10 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine whether there are long-term deleterious effects on maternal or fetal health after pravastatin treatment during pregnancy-induced hypertension or preeclampsia. ..
- Qi J, Ebrahem Q, Moore N, Murphy G, Claesson Welsh L, Bond M, et al. A novel function for tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 (TIMP3): inhibition of angiogenesis by blockage of VEGF binding to VEGF receptor-2. Nat Med. 2003;9:407-15 pubmed..This property seems to be independent of its MMP-inhibitory activity, indicating a new function for this molecule. ..
- Slomiany M, Rosenzweig S. Autocrine effects of IGF-I-induced VEGF and IGFBP-3 secretion in retinal pigment epithelial cell line ARPE-19. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;287:C746-53 pubmed..These results provide evidence for HIF-1-dependent and -independent mechanisms by which IGF-I regulates VEGF and IGFBP-3 secretion. ..
- Chappelow A, Kaiser P. Neovascular age-related macular degeneration: potential therapies. Drugs. 2008;68:1029-36 pubmed..Other potential therapies include pigment epithelium-derived factor-based therapies, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonists, integrin antagonists and sirolimus. ..
- Horsley M, Kahook M. Anti-VEGF therapy for glaucoma. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2010;21:112-7 pubmed publisher..Through future research, the antiangiogenic and antifibroblastic properties of anti-VEGF agents may prove to be beneficial in patients being treated for various forms of glaucoma. ..
- Jafarifar F, Yao P, Eswarappa S, Fox P. Repression of VEGFA by CA-rich element-binding microRNAs is modulated by hnRNP L. EMBO J. 2011;30:1324-34 pubmed publisher..These studies may contribute to provide miRNA-based anticancer therapeutic tools. ..
- Ablonczy Z, Dahrouj M, Tang P, Liu Y, Sambamurti K, Marmorstein A, et al. Human retinal pigment epithelium cells as functional models for the RPE in vivo. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:8614-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a utility for both cell types in understanding distinct, particular aspects of RPE function. ..
- Ferrante C, Pinhal Enfield G, Elson G, Cronstein B, Hasko G, Outram S, et al. The adenosine-dependent angiogenic switch of macrophages to an M2-like phenotype is independent of interleukin-4 receptor alpha (IL-4R?) signaling. Inflammation. 2013;36:921-31 pubmed publisher..The use of these markers in vivo to identify "M2" macrophages thus provides an incomplete picture of macrophage functional status and should be viewed with caution. ..
- Benderro G, Tsipis C, Sun X, Kuang Y, Lamanna J. Increased HIF-1Î± and HIF-2Î± accumulation, but decreased microvascular density, in chronic hyperoxia and hypercapnia in the mouse cerebral cortex. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;789:29-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HIF-independent mechanisms contribute to brain capillary density modulation that is continuously adjusted in accordance with tissue oxygen tension. ..
- Ong S, Buckley E, McCuen B, Jaffe G, Postel E, Mahmoud T, et al. Comparison of Visual Outcomes in Coats' Disease: A 20-Year Experience. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1368-1376 pubmed publisher..This is due to a combination of factors, including earlier presentation of disease, fewer eyes being observed without treatment, and eyes, when treated, receiving a higher number of procedures. ..
- Gelaleti G, Borin T, Maschio Signorini L, Moschetta M, Jardim Perassi B, Calvinho G, et al. Efficacy of melatonin, IL-25 and siIL-17B in tumorigenesis-associated properties of breast cancer cell lines. Life Sci. 2017;183:98-109 pubmed publisher..05). Our results suggest therapeutic potential, with oncostatic effectiveness, pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic properties for melatonin and IL-25-driven signaling in breast cancer cells. ..
- Bakri S, Ekdawi N. Intravitreal silicone oil droplets after intravitreal drug injections. Retina. 2008;28:996-1001 pubmed publisher..The likely source of silicone oil is the needles and syringes used for the injections. ..
- Gooz P, Gooz M, Baldys A, Hoffman S. ADAM-17 regulates endothelial cell morphology, proliferation, and in vitro angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:33-8 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings we propose that ADAM-17 is part of a novel pro-angiogenic pathway leading to MMP-2 activation and vessel formation. ..
- Smith A, Shah S, Rini B, Lieber M, Remer E. Utilizing pre-therapy clinical schema and initial CT changes to predict progression-free survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma on VEGF-targeted therapy: a preliminary analysis. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:1283-91 pubmed publisher..A combination of pre-therapy clinical risk factors and CT imaging response by MASS criteria more effectively predicted PFS in patients with metastatic RCC on VEGF-targeted therapy than any single method. ..
- Yao P, Potdar A, Ray P, Eswarappa S, Flagg A, Willard B, et al. The HILDA complex coordinates a conditional switch in the 3'-untranslated region of the VEGFA mRNA. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001635 pubmed publisher..We propose the VEGFA RNA switch as an archetype for signal-activated, protein-directed, multi-element RNA switches that regulate posttranscriptional gene expression in complex environments. ..
- Go R, Lee S, Shin D, Callister S, Jobe D, Conry R, et al. ECOG phase II trial of graded-dose peginterferon ?-2b in patients with metastatic melanoma overexpressing basic fibroblast growth factor (E2602). Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:6597-604 pubmed publisher..Graded-dose Peg-IFN suppresses FGF-2 in patients with metastatic melanoma who overexpress FGF-2. Over one third of patients had complete suppression of plasma FGF-2, which correlated with clinical response to this therapy. ..
- Saha S, Chakraborty P, Xiong X, Dwivedi S, Mustafi S, Leigh N, et al. Cystathionine Î²-synthase regulates endothelial function via protein S-sulfhydration. FASEB J. 2016;30:441-56 pubmed publisher..Saha, S., Chakraborty, P. K., Xiong, X., Dwivedi, S. K. D., Mustafi, S. B., Leigh, N. R., Ramchandran, R., Mukherjee, P., Bhattacharya, R. Cystathionine Î²-synthase regulates endothelial function via protein S-sulfhydration. ..
- Hill L, Gavala M, Lenertz L, Bertics P. Extracellular ATP may contribute to tissue repair by rapidly stimulating purinergic receptor X7-dependent vascular endothelial growth factor release from primary human monocytes. J Immunol. 2010;185:3028-34 pubmed publisher..This previously unrecognized action of P2RX7 suggests that it may not only participate in inflammation and cell death, but that it is also likely to be important in the control of angiogenesis and wound repair. ..
- Parker M, Xu P, Li X, Vander Kooi C. Structural basis for selective vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) binding to neuropilin-1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11082-9 pubmed publisher..The results reveal the basis for the potent and selective binding of VEGF-A(164) to Nrp1. ..
- Sandler A, Hirsh V, Reck M, Von Pawel J, Akerley W, Johnson D. An evidence-based review of the incidence of CNS bleeding with anti-VEGF therapy in non-small cell lung cancer patients with brain metastases. Lung Cancer. 2012;78:1-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that clinical trial data indicate that anti-VEGF therapy can be considered for NSCLC patients with emerging or pretreated CNS metastases. ..