Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on vaccinia in United States
Locale: United States
- Simpson E, Hercher M, Hammarlund E, Lewis M, Slifka M, Hanifin J. Cutaneous responses to vaccinia in individuals with previous smallpox vaccination. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;57:442-4 pubmed..Vaccinated individuals appear to maintain clinically detectable immunity against vaccinia for at least 20 years after smallpox vaccination...
- Masopust D, Jiang J, Shen H, Lefrancois L. Direct analysis of the dynamics of the intestinal mucosa CD8 T cell response to systemic virus infection. J Immunol. 2001;166:2348-56 pubmed..These findings illustrated the integrated yet distinct nature of systemic vs mucosal immune responses. ..
- Champoux J. DNA topoisomerases: structure, function, and mechanism. Annu Rev Biochem. 2001;70:369-413 pubmed..For the type II topoisomerases, the binding and hydrolysis of ATP further modulate conformational changes in the enzymes to effect changes in DNA topology. ..
- Adams M, Rice A, Moyer R. Rabbitpox virus and vaccinia virus infection of rabbits as a model for human smallpox. J Virol. 2007;81:11084-95 pubmed
- Fontaine K, Camarda R, Lagunoff M. Vaccinia virus requires glutamine but not glucose for efficient replication. J Virol. 2014;88:4366-74 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the unique carbon utilization program implemented during poxvirus infection and provides a potential metabolic pathway to target viral replication...
- Quenelle D, Collins D, Kern E. Efficacy of multiple- or single-dose cidofovir against vaccinia and cowpox virus infections in mice. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:3275-80 pubmed
- Allie S, Zhang W, Fuse S, Usherwood E. Programmed death 1 regulates development of central memory CD8 T cells after acute viral infection. J Immunol. 2011;186:6280-6 pubmed publisher..These changes indicate a skewing of the memory population toward the central memory phenotype in the absence of PD-1 signaling. ..
- Fuse S, Tsai C, Rommereim L, Zhang W, Usherwood E. Differential requirements for CD80/86-CD28 costimulation in primary and memory CD4 T cell responses to vaccinia virus. Cell Immunol. 2011;266:130-4 pubmed publisher..These data highlight different costimulatory requirements for primary CD4 and CD8 T cell responses to vaccinia virus...
- Quenelle D, Collins D, Wan W, Beadle J, Hostetler K, Kern E. Oral treatment of cowpox and vaccinia virus infections in mice with ether lipid esters of cidofovir. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:404-12 pubmed
- Ahmed C, Dabelic R, Martin J, Jager L, Haider S, Johnson H. Enhancement of antiviral immunity by small molecule antagonist of suppressor of cytokine signaling. J Immunol. 2010;185:1103-13 pubmed publisher..The SOCS antagonist thus presents a novel and effective approach to enhancement of host defense against viruses. ..
- Ali A, Turner P, Brooks M, Moyer R. The SPI-1 gene of rabbitpox virus determines host range and is required for hemorrhagic pock formation. Virology. 1994;202:305-14 pubmed..These differences in phenotypes observed between the two viruses may be reflective of either small sequence variations between the highly conserved SPI-1 or SPI-2 genes or the aggregate phenotypes provided by the other remaining genes. ..
- Chen Y, Honeychurch K, Yang G, Byrd C, Harver C, Hruby D, et al. Vaccinia virus p37 interacts with host proteins associated with LE-derived transport vesicle biogenesis. Virol J. 2009;6:44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that p37 localizes to the LE and interacts with proteins associated with LE-derived transport vesicle biogenesis to facilitate assembly of extracellular forms of virus...
- Nakayama Y, Plisch E, Sullivan J, Thomas C, Czuprynski C, Williams B, et al. Role of PKR and Type I IFNs in viral control during primary and secondary infection. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000966 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the results presented here have furthered our understanding of the immune correlates of anti-viral protective immunity, which have implications in the rational design of vaccines...
- Tewari K, Walent J, Svaren J, Zamoyska R, Suresh M. Differential requirement for Lck during primary and memory CD8+ T cell responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16388-93 pubmed
- Verreault D, Sivasubramani S, Talton J, Doyle L, Reddy J, Killeen S, et al. Evaluation of inhaled cidofovir as postexposure prophylactic in an aerosol rabbitpox model. Antiviral Res. 2012;93:204-8 pubmed publisher..75) and IV-Cr groups. Results suggest that Nf may be a viable antiviral for emergency post-exposure prophylaxis and should be evaluated in other models of poxviral disease. ..
- Chan W, Ward B. Increased interaction between vaccinia virus proteins A33 and B5 is detrimental to infectious extracellular enveloped virion production. J Virol. 2012;86:8232-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that both B5 and B5-GFP interact with A33 during infection and that the duration of this interaction needs to be regulated for the production of fully infectious extracellular virions...
- Lauer P, Hanson B, Lemmens E, Liu W, Luckett W, Leong M, et al. Constitutive Activation of the PrfA regulon enhances the potency of vaccines based on live-attenuated and killed but metabolically active Listeria monocytogenes strains. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3742-53 pubmed publisher..These results form the basis of a rationale for including the prfA(G155S) allele in future live-attenuated or KBMA L. monocytogenes vaccines advanced to the clinical setting. ..
- Becker M, Obraztsova M, Kern E, Quenelle D, Keith K, Prichard M, et al. Isolation and characterization of cidofovir resistant vaccinia viruses. Virol J. 2008;5:58 pubmed publisher..One mode of action for CDV has been demonstrated to be the inhibition of the viral DNA polymerase...
- Goulding J, Abboud G, Tahiliani V, Desai P, Hutchinson T, Salek Ardakani S. CD8 T cells use IFN-? to protect against the lethal effects of a respiratory poxvirus infection. J Immunol. 2014;192:5415-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a previously unappreciated mechanism by which effector CD8 T cells afford protection against a highly virulent respiratory orthopox virus infection. ..
- Milligan I, Gibani M, Sewell R, Clutterbuck E, Campbell D, Plested E, et al. Safety and Immunogenicity of Novel Adenovirus Type 26- and Modified Vaccinia Ankara-Vectored Ebola Vaccines: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2016;315:1610-23 pubmed publisher..ZEBOV; boosting by MVA-BN-Filo resulted in sustained elevation of specific immunity. These vaccines are being further assessed in phase 2 and 3 studies. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT02313077. ..
- Kennedy M, Glaccum M, Brown S, Butz E, Viney J, Embers M, et al. Reversible defects in natural killer and memory CD8 T cell lineages in interleukin 15-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:771-80 pubmed..Moreover, the ability to rescue lymphoid defects in IL-15(-/-) mice by IL-15 administration represents a powerful means by which to further elucidate the biological roles of this cytokine. ..