Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on user computer interface in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: user computer interface
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Gadiraju S, Vyhlidal C, Leeder J, Rogan P. Genome-wide prediction, display and refinement of binding sites with information theory-based models. BMC Bioinformatics. 2003;4:38 pubmed
- Sanchez J, Gunduz A, Carney P, Principe J. Extraction and localization of mesoscopic motor control signals for human ECoG neuroprosthetics. J Neurosci Methods. 2008;167:63-81 pubmed..Preliminary experiments show that it is possible to derive online predictive models and spatially localize the generation of commands in the cortex for motor tasks using amplitude modulated ECoG. ..
- August K, Lewis J, Chandar G, Merians A, Biswal B, Adamovich S. FMRI analysis of neural mechanisms underlying rehabilitation in virtual reality: activating secondary motor areas. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2006;1:3692-5 pubmed..Further studies are needed to investigate the potential of virtual reality-based rehabilitation for tapping into the properties of the mirror neuron system to stimulate plasticity in sensorimotor areas. ..
- Ker A, Chan R, Fields H, Beck M, Rosenstiel S. Esthetics and smile characteristics from the layperson's perspective: a computer-based survey study. J Am Dent Assoc. 2008;139:1318-27 pubmed..Laypeople can reliably identify ideal smile characteristics. The ranges of acceptable deviations for smile characteristics are large, and practitioners should avoid unnecessarily sensitizing patients to minor discrepancies. ..
- Sheedy J, Bergstrom N. Performance and comfort on near-eye computer displays. Optom Vis Sci. 2002;79:306-12 pubmed..This is likely due to lack of task movement, partial instead of full immersion, better display resolution, and concordance of the accommodative and vergence stimuli. ..
- Hari K, Goates A, Jain R, Towers A, Harpin V, Robertson J, et al. The Microbial Rosetta Stone: a database system for tracking infectious microorganisms. Int J Legal Med. 2009;123:65-9 pubmed publisher..A shared MRS database can be populated in real time by multiple users in multiple locations. Querying tools also provide simple and powerful means to access the data in any part of the database. ..
- Zhu Y, Li H, Miller D, Wang Z, Xuan J, Clarke R, et al. caBIG VISDA: modeling, visualization, and discovery for cluster analysis of genomic data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:383 pubmed publisher..VISDA also captured the pathological relationships among different phenotypes revealed at the molecular level, through phenotype clustering on muscular dystrophy data and multi-category cancer data. ..
- Schalk G. Effective brain-computer interfacing using BCI2000. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009;2009:5498-501 pubmed publisher..This paper gives an update on the status of this project by describing the principles of the BCI2000 system, its benefits, and impact on the field to date. ..
- Alexander G, Rantz M, Skubic M, Aud M, Wakefield B, Florea E, et al. Sensor systems for monitoring functional status in assisted living facility residents. Res Gerontol Nurs. 2008;1:238-44 pubmed publisher..Through the use of a sensor system, new ways of detecting functional decline in elderly residents of assisted living facilities can be accomplished. ..
- Knudsen B, Matsumoto E, Chew B, Johnson B, Margulis V, Cadeddu J, et al. A randomized, controlled, prospective study validating the acquisition of percutaneous renal collecting system access skills using a computer based hybrid virtual reality surgical simulator: phase I. J Urol. 2006;176:2173-8 pubmed..It may allow trainees to develop the basic skills necessary to perform percutaneous renal collecting system access. Face and content validity were demonstrated and construct validity was supported by establishing convergent validity. ..
- Nohle D, Ayers L. The tissue microarray data exchange specification: a document type definition to validate and enhance XML data. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2005;5:12 pubmed..Exporting our TMA data into the proposed API specified format offers an opportunity to evaluate the API specification in an applied setting and to explore its usefulness...
- Smalter A, Huan J, Lushington G. Graph wavelet alignment kernels for drug virtual screening. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2009;7:473-97 pubmed..In addition, our results also show that the use of wavelet functions significantly decreases the computational costs for graph kernel computation with more than ten fold speedup. ..
- Bewernitz M, Mann W, Dasler P, Belchior P. Feasibility of machine-based prompting to assist persons with dementia. Assist Technol. 2009;21:196-207 pubmed publisher..Machine-based prompting devices could aid caregivers as well as increase independence in some tasks. ..
- Dailey M, Hait C, Holt P, Maguire J, Meier J, Miller M, et al. Structure-based drug design: from nucleic acid to membrane protein targets. Exp Mol Pathol. 2009;86:141-50 pubmed publisher..We also review examples of molecular modeling to understand receptors and using virtual screening against G-protein coupled receptor membrane proteins. ..
- Jani S, Argraves G, Barth J, Argraves W. GeneMesh: a web-based microarray analysis tool for relating differentially expressed genes to MeSH terms. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11:166 pubmed publisher..GeneMesh is freely available online at http://proteogenomics.musc.edu/genemesh/. ..
- Lowery S. Internet marketing strategies. Part I. J Biocommun. 2003;29:13-5 pubmed
- Huang Y, Kowalski D. PATTERNFINDER: combined analysis of DNA regulatory sequences and double-helix stability. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:134 pubmed..PATTERNFINDER can be accessed freely at: http://wings.buffalo.edu/gsa/dna/dk/PFP/ ..
- Palmer B, Suzuki T, Wang Y, Barnes W, Miller M, Maughan D. Two-state model of acto-myosin attachment-detachment predicts C-process of sinusoidal analysis. Biophys J. 2007;93:760-9 pubmed..Experimental results from activated cardiac muscle examined at different temperatures and containing predominately alpha- or beta-myosin heavy chain isoforms were found to be consistent with the above interpretation. ..
- Qi J, Zhao F, Buboltz A, Schuster S. inGAP: an integrated next-generation genome analysis pipeline. Bioinformatics. 2010;26:127-9 pubmed publisher..inGAP also provides functions of multiple genomes comparison and assistance of bacterial genome assembly. inGAP is available at http://sites.google.com/site/nextgengenomics/ingap ..
- Vukanovic Criley J, Boker J, CRILEY S, Rajagopalan S, Criley J. Using virtual patients to improve cardiac examination competency in medical students. Clin Cardiol. 2008;31:334-9 pubmed publisher..These skills were retained 1 y later. The teaching and testing tools emphasizing the bedside use of both sight and sound, identify which CE skills needed improvement and additional training. ..
- Husmann P, O Loughlin V, Braun M. Quantitative and qualitative changes in teaching histology by means of virtual microscopy in an introductory course in human anatomy. Anat Sci Educ. 2009;2:218-26 pubmed publisher..We attribute this to differences between the medical students, with whom this technology has been researched in the past, and undergraduate introductory students. ..
- Abramson C, Burke Bergmann A, Nolf S, Swift K. Use of board games, historical calendars, and trading cards in a history of psychology class. Psychol Rep. 2009;104:529-44 pubmed..Data are provided on their effectiveness. Suggestions for incorporating the activities are described. ..
- Reneker J, Shyu C. Refined repetitive sequence searches utilizing a fast hash function and cross species information retrievals. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:111 pubmed..Our experiments show that subsequently searching the annotation data can refine and focus the results for the user. Our algorithms are also space-efficient in terms of main memory requirements. Source code is available upon request. ..
- Chang A, McDermott J, Frazier Z, Guerquin M, Samudrala R. INTEGRATOR: interactive graphical search of large protein interactomes over the Web. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:146 pubmed..The interface provides animated local network views, rapid subgraph manipulation, and cross-referencing of functional annotations. Integrator is available at http://bioverse.compbio.washington.edu/integrator. ..
- Blakely T, Miller K, Zanos S, Rao R, Ojemann J. Robust, long-term control of an electrocorticographic brain-computer interface with fixed parameters. Neurosurg Focus. 2009;27:E13 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that ECoG-based BCIs can be implemented for multiple-day control without the necessity for sophisticated retraining and adaptation. ..
- Baumgaertel S, Palomo J, Palomo L, Hans M. Reliability and accuracy of cone-beam computed tomography dental measurements. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009;136:19-25; discussion 25-8 pubmed publisher..With the CBCT images, we found a small systematic error, which became statistically significant only when combining several measurements. An adjustment for this error allows for improved accuracy. ..
- Wang C, Lefkowitz E. SS-Wrapper: a package of wrapper applications for similarity searches on Linux clusters. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:171 pubmed..Their ease of use and their ability to wrap a variety of database search programs provide an analytical architecture to assist both the seasoned bioinformaticist and the wet-bench biologist. ..
- Karpievitch Y, Almeida J. mGrid: a load-balanced distributed computing environment for the remote execution of the user-defined Matlab code. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:139 pubmed..Moreover, the web-based infrastructure of mGrid allows for it to be easily extensible over the Internet. ..
- Korb M, Rust A, Thorsson V, Battail C, Li B, Hwang D, et al. The Innate Immune Database (IIDB). BMC Immunol. 2008;9:7 pubmed publisher..The database website can be freely accessed at http://db.systemsbiology.net/IIDB. ..
- Podicheti R, Gollapudi R, Dong Q. WebGBrowse--a web server for GBrowse. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:1550-1 pubmed publisher..WebGBrowse is accessible via http://webgbrowse.cgb.indiana.edu/ and the system is also freely available for local installations. ..
- Lynch B, Einspruch E. With or without an instructor, brief exposure to CPR training produces significant attitude change. Resuscitation. 2010;81:568-75 pubmed publisher..The counterintuitive finding that controls experienced similar levels of attitude change suggests that mere exposure to CPR testing can have positive effects on attitudes. ..
- Marzolf B, Deutsch E, Moss P, Campbell D, Johnson M, Galitski T. SBEAMS-Microarray: database software supporting genomic expression analyses for systems biology. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:286 pubmed..SBEAMS-Microarray provides end-to-end support for genomic expression analyses for network-based systems biology research. ..
- Wilson J, Felton E, Garell P, Schalk G, Williams J. ECoG factors underlying multimodal control of a brain-computer interface. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2006;14:246-50 pubmed..This could prove to be vital for users who have neurological disease, head trauma, or other conditions precluding the use of sensorimotor cortex for BCI control. ..
- Hanzlik R, Koen Y, Theertham B, Dong Y, Fang J. The reactive metabolite target protein database (TPDB)--a web-accessible resource. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:95 pubmed..Its comprehensiveness and searchability should facilitate the elucidation of mechanisms of reactive metabolite toxicity. The database is freely available at http://tpdb.medchem.ku.edu/tpdb.html. ..
- Collins J. Audience response systems: technology to engage learners. J Am Coll Radiol. 2008;5:993-1000 pubmed publisher..In this essay, the author reviews the components of an ARS, the history of ARS, educational outcomes related to ARS use, the benefits and limitations of ARS, tips for using an ARS, and current developments in ARS. ..
- Arighi C, Liu H, Natale D, Barker W, Drabkin H, Blake J, et al. TGF-beta signaling proteins and the Protein Ontology. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10 Suppl 5:S3 pubmed publisher..It is designed to enable data retrieval and integration and machine reasoning at the molecular level of proteins, thereby facilitating cross-species comparisons, pathway analysis, disease modeling and the generation of new hypotheses. ..
- Vollrath A, Smith A, Craven M, Bradfield C. EDGE(3): a web-based solution for management and analysis of Agilent two color microarray experiments. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:280 pubmed publisher..In addition, EDGE(3) provides a means for managing RNA samples and arrays during the hybridization process. EDGE(3) is freely available for download at http://edge.oncology.wisc.edu/. ..
- Mekhjian H, Kumar R, Kuehn L, Bentley T, Teater P, Thomas A, et al. Immediate benefits realized following implementation of physician order entry at an academic medical center. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2002;9:529-39 pubmed..The reductions in transcription errors, medication turn-around times, and timely reporting of results supports the view that POE and eMAR provide a good return on investment. ..
- Blake C, Lavoie H, Millette C. Teaching medical histology at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine: Transition to virtual slides and virtual microscopes. Anat Rec B New Anat. 2003;275:196-206 pubmed..Students no longer rented light microscopes in 2002. Both students and faculty have shown strong support for using this approach to teaching histology during the past 2 years. ..
- Rouchka E, Khalyfa A, Cooper N. MPrime: efficient large scale multiple primer and oligonucleotide design for customized gene microarrays. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:175 pubmed..In addition, sequence similarity for a set of oligonucleotides constructed for the same set of genes indicates high specificity in oligo design. ..
- Yang J, Cohen A, Hersh W. Evaluation of a gene information summarization system by users during the analysis process of microarray datasets. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10 Suppl 2:S5 pubmed publisher..GICSS can be accessed online at: http://ir.ohsu.edu/jianji/index.html. ..
- Abu Hasaballah K, James A, Aseltine R. Lessons and pitfalls of interactive voice response in medical research. Contemp Clin Trials. 2007;28:593-602 pubmed..Readers will gain a better understanding of this technology, which will enable them to optimize its usage in clinical research. ..
- Yilmaz A, Nishiyama M, Fuentes B, Souza G, Janies D, Gray J, et al. GRASSIUS: a platform for comparative regulatory genomics across the grasses. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:171-80 pubmed publisher..The integration of GrassTFDB and GrassPROMDB will be accomplished through GrassRegNet as a first step in representing the architecture of grass regulatory networks. GRASSIUS can be accessed from www.grassius.org. ..
- O DONNELL M, McVeigh E, Strauss H, Tanaka A, Bouma B, Tearney G, et al. Multimodality cardiovascular molecular imaging technology. J Nucl Med. 2010;51 Suppl 1:38S-50S pubmed publisher..This is the promise of molecular medicine. ..
- Meng H, Banerjee A, Zhou L. BLISS: binding site level identification of shared signal-modules in DNA regulatory sequences. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:287 pubmed..0 and Blast. The results of our experiments demonstrate that, for sequences with little overall similarity at the DNA sequence level, it is still possible to identify conserved regulatory modules based solely on binding site profiles. ..
- Brown C, Xie Y, Davidson E, Cameron R. Paircomp, FamilyRelationsII and Cartwheel: tools for interspecific sequence comparison. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:70 pubmed..All tools and their source code are freely available at http://family.caltech.edu/. These tools have been shown to effectively identify regulatory regions in echinoderms, mammals, and nematodes. ..
- Evans T, Beran M, Chan B, Klein E, Menzel C. An efficient computerized testing method for the capuchin monkey (Cebus apella): adaptation of the LRC-CTS to a socially housed nonhuman primate species. Behav Res Methods. 2008;40:590-6 pubmed..Several elements that were important in motivating the monkeys to participate are discussed. ..
- Treaster D, Marras W, Burr D, Sheedy J, Hart D. Myofascial trigger point development from visual and postural stressors during computer work. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2006;16:115-24 pubmed..5 cycles). These significant differences between conditions were found for the right trapezius but not for the left. The findings suggest that high visual stress may be involved in the development of the myofascial pain response...
- Chou D, Abdelshehid C, Clayman R, McDougall E. Comparison of results of virtual-reality simulator and training model for basic ureteroscopy training. J Endourol. 2006;20:266-71 pubmed..Incorporating either of these devices into the preliminary training of urology residents may improve their initial clinical performance of these skills. ..
- Williams M, Kirsch R. Evaluation of head orientation and neck muscle EMG signals as command inputs to a human-computer interface for individuals with high tetraplegia. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2008;16:485-96 pubmed publisher..While the relative performance of each user interface differs, each has specific advantages depending on the application. ..
- Kiss P, Eltoum I, SURANYI P, Zeng H, Simor T, Elgavish A, et al. Virtual in vivo biopsy map of early prostate neoplasm in TRAMP mice by MRI. Prostate. 2009;69:449-58 pubmed publisher..Also, a significant correlation was found between the area size of the ROIs differentiated by MRI, and those determined by histology. This method has the potential for early noninvasive detection of developing prostate cancer. ..
- Hahne F, LeMeur N, Brinkman R, Ellis B, Haaland P, Sarkar D, et al. flowCore: a Bioconductor package for high throughput flow cytometry. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:106 pubmed publisher..Finally, a number of additional Bioconductor packages successfully build on the infrastructure provided by flowCore, open new avenues for flow data analysis. ..
- Nichols C, Oermann M. An evaluation of bariatric Web sites for patient education and guidance. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2005;28:112-7 pubmed..Web sites were identified for the purpose of patient education and guidance about this explosive topic. ..
- Shegogue D, Zheng W. Integration of the Gene Ontology into an object-oriented architecture. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:113 pubmed
- Grumbling G, Strelets V. FlyBase: anatomical data, images and queries. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:D484-8 pubmed
- Simone L, Schultheis M, Rebimbas J, Millis S. Head-mounted displays for clinical virtual reality applications: pitfalls in understanding user behavior while using technology. Cyberpsychol Behav. 2006;9:591-602 pubmed..The validity and usefulness of the HMD-based virtual environments must be understood to fully reap the benefits of virtual reality (VR) in rehabilitation medicine...
- Campbell R, Ash J. An evaluation of five bedside information products using a user-centered, task-oriented approach. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:435-41, e206-7 pubmed..Actual or potential users of such products are appropriately equipped to identify which products rate the highest on these measures. ..
- Yu F, Houston T, Ray M, Garner D, Berner E. Patterns of use of handheld clinical decision support tools in the clinical setting. Med Decis Making. 2007;27:744-53 pubmed..Drug references and medical calculators have been consistently used more than clinical prediction rules and diagnostic systems. Self-report survey instruments may overestimate recorded use of CDS programs. ..
- Berman N, Fall L, Smith S, Levine D, Maloney C, Potts M, et al. Integration strategies for using virtual patients in clinical clerkships. Acad Med. 2009;84:942-9 pubmed publisher..Integration strategies balancing the use of virtual patients with elimination of some other requirements were significantly associated with students' satisfaction and their perceptions of improved knowledge and skills. ..
- Dombeck D, Harvey C, Tian L, Looger L, Tank D. Functional imaging of hippocampal place cells at cellular resolution during virtual navigation. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1433-40 pubmed publisher..The combination of virtual reality and high-resolution functional imaging should allow a new generation of studies to investigate neuronal circuit dynamics during behavior. ..
- Blasko D, Holliday Darr K, Mace D, Blasko Drabik H. VIZ: the visualization assessment and training web site. Behav Res Methods Instrum Comput. 2004;36:256-60 pubmed..Finally, we are using the site to conduct basic research on spatial cognition, including an examination of the factors that may reduce gender differences in performance. ..
- Muller H, Kenny E, Sternberg P. Textpresso: an ontology-based information retrieval and extraction system for biological literature. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e309 pubmed..Textpresso can be accessed at http://www.textpresso.org or via WormBase at http://www.wormbase.org. ..
- Bobula J, Anderson L, Riesch S, Canty Mitchell J, Duncan A, Kaiser Krueger H, et al. Enhancing survey data collection among youth and adults: use of handheld and laptop computers. Comput Inform Nurs. 2004;22:255-65 pubmed..The method was developed as part of a large multisite, national study to prevent substance use. ..
- Landis G. Robots and humans: synergy in planetary exploration. Acta Astronaut. 2004;55:985-90 pubmed
- Eisenhower C, McElwee K, Wargo C, Woodruff T. Data abstraction unplugged. Taking trauma registry to the point of care with wireless technology. J AHIMA. 2005;76:42-5 pubmed
- Nakano M, Nobuta K, Vemaraju K, Tej S, Skogen J, Meyers B. Plant MPSS databases: signature-based transcriptional resources for analyses of mRNA and small RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:D731-5 pubmed..Interpretation of the small RNA MPSS data is facilitated by the inclusion of extensive repeat data in our genome viewer. All the data and the tools introduced in this article are available at http://mpss.udel.edu. ..
- Ulrich L, Zhulin I. MiST: a microbial signal transduction database. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:D386-90 pubmed..Newly available, complete genomes are loaded into the database each month. MiST is the only comprehensive and up-to-date electronic catalog of the signaling machinery in microbial genomes. ..
- McKenna J, Florell S. Cost-effective dynamic telepathology in the Mohs surgery laboratory utilizing iChat AV videoconferencing software. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33:62-8; discussion 68 pubmed..There was complete agreement for all 20 Mohs frozen section consultations. Dynamic telepathology can be accomplished accurately and inexpensively by use of readily available consumer products and software. ..
- Sheeks M, Birchmeier Z. Shyness, sociability, and the use of computer-mediated communication in relationship development. Cyberpsychol Behav. 2007;10:64-70 pubmed..Suggestions for future research as well as implications for the application of CMC use in therapy for certain populations are addressed. ..
- Morin R, Cecil R. PACS archiving: a multivariate problem and solution. J Am Coll Radiol. 2006;3:69-73 pubmed
- Levinstein I, Boonthum C, Pillarisetti S, Bell C, McNamara D. iSTART 2: improvements for efficiency and effectiveness. Behav Res Methods. 2007;39:224-32 pubmed
- Cieslewski G, Cheney D, Gugel K, Sanchez J, Principe J. Neural signal sampling via the low power wireless pico system. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2006;1:5904-7 pubmed..The system's development process, component selection, features and test methodology are presented. ..
- Sanders C, Kleinert H, Free T, King P, Slusher I, Boyd S. Developmental disabilities: improving competence in care using virtual patients. J Nurs Educ. 2008;47:66-73 pubmed..The modules on CD were piloted with NP students at three universities. Effectiveness study results demonstrated significant gains in both knowledge and comfort level regarding the care of patients with developmental disabilities. ..
- Wang L, Uilecan I, Assadi A, Kozmik C, Spalding E. HYPOTrace: image analysis software for measuring hypocotyl growth and shape demonstrated on Arabidopsis seedlings undergoing photomorphogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1632-7 pubmed publisher..HYPOTrace is expected to benefit seedling development research, particularly in the photomorphogenesis field, by replacing many tedious, error-prone manual measurements with a precise, largely automated computational tool...
- Talanow R. Radiology Teacher: a free, Internet-based radiology teaching file server. J Am Coll Radiol. 2009;6:871-5 pubmed publisher..Radiology Teacher is an easy-to-use automatic teaching file program that may enhance users' learning experiences by offering different modes of user-defined presentations. ..
- Anson D, Lawler G, Kissinger A, Timko M, Tuminski J, Drew B. Efficacy of three head-pointing devices for a mouse emulation task. Assist Technol. 2002;14:140-50 pubmed..The two fastest devices, the HeadMaster Plus and Tracer, both resulted in complaints regarding comfort, whereas the most comfortable device, the Tracker 2000, was preferred by participants although it was slightly slower in performance. ..
- Metzger M, Kristof V, Yoest D. The world wide web and the laboratory: a comparison using face recognition. Cyberpsychol Behav. 2003;6:613-21 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that the WWW may be a viable alternative for researchers conducting face recognition experiments. ..
- Shekhar R, Zagrodsky V. Cine MPR: interactive multiplanar reformatting of four-dimensional cardiac data using hardware-accelerated texture mapping. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed. 2003;7:384-93 pubmed..The developed methods are applicable to MPR of one or more 3-D and 4-D medical images, including 4-D cardiac images collected in a gated fashion. ..
- Green J, Werner F, Wang H, Weiner M, Sacks J, Short W. Three-dimensional modeling and animation of two carpal bones: a technique. J Biomech. 2004;37:757-62 pubmed..This interbone minimum distance provides quantitative information regarding the motion of the bones studied and may help to understand and quantify the effects of ligamentous injury...
- Ali N, Mekhjian H, Kuehn P, Bentley T, Kumar R, Ferketich A, et al. Specificity of computerized physician order entry has a significant effect on the efficiency of workflow for critically ill patients. Crit Care Med. 2005;33:110-4 pubmed..Appropriate CPOE applications can improve the efficiency of care for critically ill patients. The workflow requirements of individual units must be analyzed before technologies like CPOE can be properly developed and implemented. ..
- Scoville S, Buskirk T. Traditional and virtual microscopy compared experimentally in a classroom setting. Clin Anat. 2007;20:565-70 pubmed..In a short opinion survey, students were polled to evaluate their experience. Student preferences for both learning and testing method varied widely. ..
- Kush R, Alschuler L, Ruggeri R, Cassells S, Gupta N, Bain L, et al. Implementing Single Source: the STARBRITE proof-of-concept study. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007;14:662-73 pubmed
- Yuen H, Gillespie M, Barkley R, Day T, Bandyopadhyay D, Sharma A. Driving performance in patients with cancer in the head and neck region: a pilot study. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007;133:904-9 pubmed..To investigate actual driving performance in a group of patients with cancer in the head and neck region...
- Fu M, Daly J, Cavusoglu M. A detection scheme for frontalis and temporalis muscle EMG contamination of EEG data. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2006;1:4514-8 pubmed..In this paper, we propose and evaluate a new method for detecting frontalis and temporalis muscle EMG contamination in EEG signals based on recent findings on topographic and spectral characteristics of cranial EMG...
- Seymour N. VR to OR: a review of the evidence that virtual reality simulation improves operating room performance. World J Surg. 2008;32:182-8 pubmed..These studies, as well as the study model that describes them, and the future of randomized trials of this type are reviewed. ..
- Taccioli C, Fabbri E, Visone R, Volinia S, Calin G, Fong L, et al. UCbase & miRfunc: a database of ultraconserved sequences and microRNA function. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:D41-8 pubmed publisher..The current release contains over 2000 sequences from three species (human, mouse and rat). As a web application, UCbase & miRfunc is platform independent and it is accessible at http://microrna.osu.edu/.UCbase4. ..