Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on united states in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: united states
Publications1691 found, 100 shown here
- Brighenti M, Govindasamy Lucey S, Lim K, Nelson K, Lucey J. Characterization of the rheological, textural, and sensory properties of samples of commercial US cream cheese with different fat contents. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:4501-17 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that there are significant differences in the textural properties of cream cheese made with different fat contents. ..
- Johnston L, Grimm J, Magruder J, Shah A. Development of a Transplantation Risk Index in Patients With Mechanical Circulatory Support: A Decision Support Tool. JACC Heart Fail. 2016;4:277-86 pubmed publisher..6%, 12.8%, and 31%, respectively, in the validation cohort. The investigators present a novel, internally cross-validated risk index that accurately predicts mortality in bridge-to-transplantation patients. ..
- Indik J, Duhigg L, McDonald F, Lipner R, Rubright J, Haist S, et al. Performance on the Cardiovascular In-Training Examination in Relation to the ABIM Cardiovascular Disease Certification Examination. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2862-2868 pubmed publisher..0001). The change in ACC-ITE scores from first to third year was a strong predictor of the ABIM CVD score (p < 0.001). The ACC-ITE is strongly associated with performance on the ABIM CVD Certification Examination. ..
- Adkins K, Allshouse A, Metz T, Heyborne K. Impact of aspirin on fetal growth in diabetic pregnancies according to White classification. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:465.e1-465.e5 pubmed publisher..The increased incidence of large-for-gestational-age infants in aspirin-treated diabetic gestations is of potential concern given the known increased maternal and neonatal morbidity associated with macrosomia. ..
- Gatter K. Genetic information and the importance of context: implications for the social meaning of genetic information and individual identity. St Louis Univ Law J. 2003;47:423-62 pubmed
- Hartung D, Carlson M, Kraemer D, Haxby D, Ketchum K, Greenlick M. Impact of a Medicaid copayment policy on prescription drug and health services utilization in a fee-for-service Medicaid population. Med Care. 2008;46:565-72 pubmed publisher..However, patients with chronic disease exhibited a differential response depending on the disease indication of the drug class. ..
- Goto T, Gibo K, Hagiwara Y, Okubo M, Brown D, Brown C, et al. Factors Associated with First-Pass Success in Pediatric Intubation in the Emergency Department. West J Emerg Med. 2016;17:129-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings should facilitate investigations to develop optimal airway management strategies in critically-ill children in the ED. ..
- Pine B, Gilmore J. Welcome to the experience economy. Harv Bus Rev. 1998;76:97-105 pubmed..Fourth, offer memorabilia that commemorate the experience for the user. Finally, engage all five senses--through sights, sounds, and so on--to heighten the experience and thus make it more memorable. ..
- Cohen M, Morrow T, Penna P. Managing the expanded use of biologics across therapeutic areas: an example from b-cell targeted therapies. Am J Manag Care. 2006;12:S24-37; quiz S38 pubmed
- Ritvo R. The Patriot Act: violating trustees' trust?. Trustee. 2006;59:29-30 pubmed
- Pantin Jackwood M, Spackman E, Woolcock P. Molecular characterization and typing of chicken and turkey astroviruses circulating in the United States: implications for diagnostics. Avian Dis. 2006;50:397-404 pubmed..Based on these data, a revision of the present taxonomic classification for avian astroviruses within the genus Avastrovirus is warranted...
- Askew J. Coping with Medicare Part D's effects on patient assistance programs. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006;63:2195-8 pubmed
- Thibodeau E, Mentasti L. Who stole Nemo?. J Am Dent Assoc. 2007;138:656-60 pubmed..The challenge of countering negative stereotypes of the dental profession as it often is portrayed in the cinema is problematic and has yet to be addressed adequately. ..
- Bhatti P, Doody M, Rajaraman P, Alexander B, Yeager M, Hutchinson A, et al. Novel breast cancer risk alleles and interaction with ionizing radiation among U.S. radiologic technologists. Radiat Res. 2010;173:214-24 pubmed publisher..Even though a complete understanding of the way(s) in which these variants may increase breast cancer risk remains elusive, this approach may yield clues for further investigation. ..
- Zahnd W, Goldfarb J, Scaife S, Francis M. Rural-urban differences in behaviors to prevent skin cancer: an analysis of the Health Information National Trends Survey. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;62:950-6 pubmed publisher..Rural residents were less likely to use sunscreen. This decreased use of sunscreen, however, was explained by differences in age, race, income, education, and other confounding factors that negatively influence the use of sunscreen. ..
- Handen B, Aman M, Arnold L, Hyman S, Tumuluru R, Lecavalier L, et al. Atomoxetine, Parent Training, and Their Combination in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015;54:905-15 pubmed publisher..ATX appears to have a better side effects profile than psychostimulants in the population with ASD. Atomoxetine, Placebo and Parent Management Training in Autism; http://clinicaltrials.gov/; NCT00844753. ..
- Williams M, Cushman M, Ouyang P, Heckbert S, Kalyani R, Vaidya D. Association of Serum Sex Hormones with Hemostatic Factors in Women On and Off Hormone Therapy: The Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2016;25:166-72 pubmed publisher..HT nonusers had far more prothrombotic associations between elevated serum sex hormone levels and thrombotic biomarkers when compared with HT users. ..
- Smith N, Mota N, Tsai J, Monteith L, Harpaz Rotem I, Southwick S, et al. Nature and determinants of suicidal ideation among U.S. veterans: Results from the national health and resilience in veterans study. J Affect Disord. 2016;197:66-73 pubmed publisher..Prevention and treatment efforts designed to mitigate psychiatric and physical health difficulties, and bolster social connectedness and protective psychosocial characteristics may help mitigate risk for SI. ..
- Shi Q, Liu H, Han P, Li C, Wang Y, Wu W, et al. Genetic Variants in WNT2B and BTRC Predict Melanoma Survival. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1749-1756 pubmed publisher..41-2.81, P = 8.10 × 10-5) and 0.61 (0.46-0.80, 3.12×10-4), respectively. Collectively, these variants in the Wnt pathway genes may be biomarkers for outcomes of patients with CM, if validated by larger studies. ..
- Prasad V, Mailankody S. Research and Development Spending to Bring a Single Cancer Drug to Market and Revenues After Approval. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1569-1575 pubmed publisher..A recent estimate of R&D spending is $2.7 billion (2017 US dollars). However, this analysis lacks transparency and independent replication...
- Olson C, Shershneva M. Setting quality standards for web-based continuing medical education. J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2004;24:100-11 pubmed
- Brimacombe M, Iffy L, Apuzzio J, Varadi V, Nagy B, Raju V, et al. Shoulder dystocia related fetal neurological injuries: the predisposing roles of forceps and ventouse extractions. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2008;277:415-22 pubmed..Sequential forceps-ventouse utilization further doubles the risks and is, therefore, to be avoided in all circumstances. ..
- Banks D, Shi R, McLarty J, Cowl C, Smith D, Tarlo S, et al. American College of Chest Physicians consensus statement on the respiratory health effects of asbestos. Results of a Delphi study. Chest. 2009;135:1619-1627 pubmed publisher..The process was repeated three times. Consensus was achieved on all but 9 of 32 statements. Consensus was not achieved for nine statements. These statements may be topics for future research. ..
- Webb T. Assessing a crisis of faith and making a pastoral crisis intervention. Int J Emerg Ment Health. 2001;3:181-6 pubmed..With an understanding of the nature of a crisis of faith crisis interventionists can employ critical incident stress management skills to support a person in spiritual as well as psychological trauma. ..
- Rinaldo J, Baer R. Incremental validity of the MMPI-A content scales in the prediction of self-reported symptoms. J Pers Assess. 2003;80:309-18 pubmed..nonclinical). Findings suggest that both the clinical and content scales of the MMPI-A make significant contributions to the assessment of adolescents' psychological functioning. ..
- Davis R, Kolczak M, Lewis E, Nordin J, Goodman M, Shay D, et al. Active surveillance of vaccine safety: a system to detect early signs of adverse events. Epidemiology. 2005;16:336-41 pubmed..We conclude that it is feasible to develop systems for rapid and routine population-based assessments of new vaccine safety. ..
- Muroff L. The anatomy of an outstanding CME meeting. J Am Coll Radiol. 2005;2:534-40 pubmed..This paper deals with these issues and several related topics. It is based on the author's experience and supplemented by relevant peer-reviewed scientific literature. The CME "market" has a "caveat emptor" approach. ..
- Wisely S, Howard J, Williams S, Bain O, Santymire R, Bardsley K, et al. An unidentified filarial species and its impact on fitness in wild populations of the black-footed ferret (Mustela nigripes). J Wildl Dis. 2008;44:53-64 pubmed..Nonetheless, this previously undescribed filaria does not appear to threaten recovery for this highly endangered mammal. ..
- Leader T, Mullen B, Rice D. Complexity and valence in ethnophaulisms and exclusion of ethnic out-groups: what puts the "hate" into hate speech?. J Pers Soc Psychol. 2009;96:170-82 pubmed publisher..The implications of these results for theoretical approaches to intergroup behavior are considered. ..
- Mitchell J, Graham W, Best T, Collins C, Currie D, Comstock R, et al. Epidemiology of meniscal injuries in US high school athletes between 2007 and 2013. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:715-22 pubmed publisher..Our study is clinically relevant because recognition of distinct differences in these injury patterns will help drive evidence-based, targeted injury prevention strategies and efforts. III. ..
- Esquivel A, Busse W, Calatroni A, Togias A, Grindle K, Bochkov Y, et al. Effects of Omalizumab on Rhinovirus Infections, Illnesses, and Exacerbations of Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:985-992 pubmed publisher..Allergic inflammation has been linked to increased susceptibility to viral illnesses, but it is unclear whether this association is causal...
- Ene Stroescu D, Gorbien M. Gouty arthritis. A primer on late-onset gout. Geriatrics. 2005;60:24-31 pubmed..Gout management in older adults remains unsatisfactory...
- Gelb J, Weisman Y, Ladman B, Meir R. S1 gene characteristics and efficacy of vaccination against infectious bronchitis virus field isolates from the United States and Israel (1996 to 2000). Avian Pathol. 2005;34:194-203 pubmed..In contrast, the H120 vaccine strain induced low levels of protection, ranging from 25 to 58% against variant field isolates from Israel with amino acid identity values from 65 to 67%. ..
- Zarrett N, Fay K, Li Y, Carrano J, Phelps E, Lerner R. More than child's play: variable- and pattern-centered approaches for examining effects of sports participation on youth development. Dev Psychol. 2009;45:368-82 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the need for future research to simultaneously assess multiple indices of OST activity participation. ..
- Wright K, Pepper G, Caserta M, Wong B, Brunker C, Morris D, et al. Factors that influence physical function and emotional well-being among Medicare-Medicaid enrollees. Geriatr Nurs. 2015;36:S16-20 pubmed publisher..Future studies of factors that influence physical function and emotional well-being in this population should take into account health status indicators such as allostatic load, comorbidity, and perceived racism/discrimination. ..
- Hewett L, Lewis M, Collins H, Gordon L. Gender Bias in Diagnostic Radiology Resident Selection, Does it Exist?. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:101-7 pubmed publisher..Identifying such trends is important as it provides a better understanding of the etiology for an overall lack of gender diversity within the field. Furthermore, it may lead to closing the gender gap in radiology. ..
- Chang T, Moniz M, Plegue M, Shaffer K, Vance H, Gold K. Patient or Clinician: Duration of Use of Intrauterine Devices Based on Who Initiated Discussion of Placement. J Am Board Fam Med. 2016;29:24-8 pubmed publisher..001). Patient-initiated discussions of Mirena IUDs are associated with a significantly longer duration of use. Patient influences outside the clinical encounter may be important in optimizing use. ..
- Gong Y, Pegg R. Separation of Ellagitannin-Rich Phenolics from U.S. Pecans and Chinese Hickory Nuts Using Fused-Core HPLC Columns and Their Characterization. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5810-5820 pubmed publisher..4 and 18.34 mg/g crude extract, respectively) being present at the greatest levels. Chinese hickory nuts had lower proanthocyanidin content but possessed tetramers and pentamers at 4.46 and 4.01 mg/g crude extract, respectively...
- Lombardo J, Burkom H, Elbert E, Magruder S, Lewis S, Loschen W, et al. A systems overview of the Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-Based Epidemics (ESSENCE II). J Urban Health. 2003;80:i32-42 pubmed..Integration of nonuniform data is needed to increase sensitivity and thus enable the earliest notification possible. The performance of various detection techniques was compared using results obtained from the ESSENCE II system. ..
- Delnevo C, Hrywna M. The relationship of cigars, marijuana, and blunts to adolescent bidi use. Public Health Rep. 2006;121:603-8 pubmed..Tobacco control efforts that target youths must address other tobacco products and marijuana and should be tailored appropriately and effectively, with consideration of racial, ethnic, and cultural variations. ..
- DeOreo P. Finances of the independent dialysis facility. Blood Purif. 2007;25:7-11 pubmed..CMS is funding a demonstration project on near 100% bundling to be completed by 2008 that will include metrics for automatically increasing the base composite rate. ..
- Haney E, Chan B, Diem S, Ensrud K, Cauley J, Barrett Connor E, et al. Association of low bone mineral density with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor use by older men. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:1246-51 pubmed..Further research is needed to confirm this finding in light of widespread SSRI use and potentially important clinical implications. ..
- Resnik D. Do informed consent documents matter?. Contemp Clin Trials. 2009;30:114-5 pubmed publisher..This commentary argues that, despite extensive critiques of informed consent documents, there are several ethical and legal reasons for investigators and IRB members to take these documents seriously. ..
- Karamlou T, Diggs B, Ungerleider R, McCrindle B, Welke K. The rush to atrial septal defect closure: is the introduction of percutaneous closure driving utilization?. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;86:1584-90; discussion 1590-1 pubmed publisher..In the absence of meaningful benchmarks, prospective studies comparing outcomes and criteria for surgical versus percutaneous closure are needed to determine whether the increased rates of ASD closure are justified. ..
- Jacobsen S, Ackerson B, Sy L, Tran T, Jones T, Yao J, et al. Observational safety study of febrile convulsion following first dose MMRV vaccination in a managed care setting. Vaccine. 2009;27:4656-61 pubmed publisher..While there was no evidence of an increase in the overall month following vaccination, the elevated risk during this time period should be communicated and needs to be balanced with the potential benefit of a combined vaccine. ..
- Clark D, Laeseke P. Systeme International in the ICU in the United States. Chest. 2010;137:932-7 pubmed publisher..Because it would thus improve critical care practice, SI should be increasingly accepted in the United States and especially promoted in the ICU. ..
- Xu W, Dowd B. Lessons from Medicare coverage of colonoscopy and prostate-specific antigen test. Med Care Res Rev. 2015;72:3-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they generally received much smaller net benefits from the coverage of colonoscopies than more advantaged beneficiaries. ..
- Alfano C, Lau S, Balderas J, Bunnell B, Beidel D. The impact of military deployment on children: Placing developmental risk in context. Clin Psychol Rev. 2016;43:17-29 pubmed publisher..A focus on adaptive/resilient outcomes is equally essential for understanding long-term outcomes and developing effective intervention programs. ..
- Sanchez O, Lazo Elizondo M, Zeb I, Tracy R, Bradley R, Duprez D, et al. Computerized tomography measured liver fat is associated with low levels of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic protein (NT-proBNP). Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Metabolism. 2016;65:728-35 pubmed publisher..0008), p=0.5, respectively; differences between slopes, p<0.0001. In this cross-sectional study of a community based multiethnic sample of non-diabetic adults, low levels of NT-proBNP are associated with greater prevalence of NAFLD. ..
- Patnode C, Evans C, Senger C, Redmond N, Lin J. Behavioral Counseling to Promote a Healthful Diet and Physical Activity for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Adults Without Known Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors: Updated Evidence Report and Systematic Review for the US Preventive Services Ta. JAMA. 2017;318:175-193 pubmed publisher..There is very limited evidence on longer-term intermediate and health outcomes or on harmful effects of these interventions. ..
- Grant D. Cost segregation of assets offers tax benefits. Healthc Financ Manage. 2001;55:64-6 pubmed..An analysis of costs can be conducted from either detailed construction records, when such records are available, or by using qualified appraisers, architects, or engineers to perform the allocation analysis. ..
- Bailer A, Bena J, Stayner L, Halperin W, Park R. External cause-specific summaries of occupational fatal injuries. Part II: an analysis of years of potential life lost. Am J Ind Med. 2003;43:251-61 pubmed
- Campbell K, Kelly E, Targovnik N, Hughes L, Van Saders C, Gottlieb A, et al. Audiologic monitoring for potential ototoxicity in a phase I clinical trial of a new glycopeptide antibiotic. J Am Acad Audiol. 2003;14:157-68; quiz 170-1 pubmed..However, no subjects demonstrated ototoxic change after receiving dalbavancin, nor were any false-positive results obtained. ..
- Roblin D, Platt R, Goodman M, Hsu J, Nelson W, Smith D, et al. Effect of increased cost-sharing on oral hypoglycemic use in five managed care organizations: how much is too much?. Med Care. 2005;43:951-9 pubmed..Large increases in medication cost-sharing were associated with immediate and persistent reductions in OH use. Small and moderate increases had little effect on OH use in the 6-month period after the increase. ..
- Wald A, Langenberg A, Krantz E, Douglas J, Handsfield H, DiCarlo R, et al. The relationship between condom use and herpes simplex virus acquisition. Ann Intern Med. 2005;143:707-13 pubmed..Use of condoms was measured by self-report, and persons who used condoms may have differed from those who did not. Consistent use of condoms is associated with lower rates of infection with HSV-2 and should be routinely recommended. ..
- Senn T, Carey M, Vanable P, Coury Doniger P, Urban M. Characteristics of sexual abuse in childhood and adolescence influence sexual risk behavior in adulthood. Arch Sex Behav. 2007;36:637-45 pubmed..These findings indicate that more severe sexual abuse is associated with riskier adult sexual behavior. ..
- Flessner M, Wyatt S, Akylbekova E, Coady S, Fulop T, Lee F, et al. Prevalence and awareness of CKD among African Americans: the Jackson Heart Study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009;53:238-47 pubmed publisher..The JHS has a high prevalence and low awareness of CKD, especially in those with less severe disease status. This emphasizes the need for earlier diagnosis and increased education of health care providers and the general population. ..
- Knudsen H, ABRAHAM A, Johnson J, Roman P. Buprenorphine adoption in the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2009;37:307-12 pubmed publisher..These findings point to the dynamic nature of service delivery in community-based addiction treatment and the continued need for longitudinal studies of organizational change. ..
- Hosenfeld C, Workowski K, Berman S, Zaidi A, Dyson J, Mosure D, et al. Repeat infection with Chlamydia and gonorrhea among females: a systematic review of the literature. Sex Transm Dis. 2009;36:478-89 pubmed publisher..Further research should investigate effective interventions to reduce reinfection and to increase retesting. ..
- Cisternas M, Murphy L, Yelin E, Foreman A, Pasta D, Helmick C. Trends in medical care expenditures of US adults with arthritis and other rheumatic conditions 1997 to 2005. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2531-8 pubmed publisher..Projected increases in this population suggest that these expenditures will continue to rise. ..
- Jones R, Trivedi A, Ayanian J. Factors influencing the effectiveness of interventions to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care. Soc Sci Med. 2010;70:337-341 pubmed publisher..Consideration of these elements could improve the design, implementation, and evaluation of future interventions to address racial and ethnic disparities in health care. ..
- Burns R. Exercise guidelines for adults: past, present & future. Mo Med. 2010;107:65-8 pubmed..This article will review current guidelines for exercise, some of the research supporting the recommendations, and what role low-intensity physical activity may have in the future. ..
- Plana J, Galderisi M, Barac A, Ewer M, Ky B, Scherrer Crosbie M, et al. Expert consensus for multimodality imaging evaluation of adult patients during and after cancer therapy: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014;27:911-39 pubmed publisher
- Choi Y, Cucura J, Jain R, Berry Cabán C. Telemedicine in US Army soldiers with type 1 diabetes. J Telemed Telecare. 2015;21:392-5 pubmed publisher..multiple daily injections. Telemedicine was safe and effective in lowering A1C levels in US Army soldiers with type 1 diabetes. ..
- Barr J, Graffeo C. Procedural Experience and Confidence Among Graduating Medical Students. J Surg Educ. 2016;73:466-73 pubmed publisher..Students entering surgical specialties have significantly higher levels of confidence, although a corresponding difference in experience was not observed. ..
- Slater M, Castle I, Logan B, Hingson R. Differences in state drug testing and reporting by driver type in U.S. fatal traffic crashes. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;92:122-9 pubmed publisher..More efforts are needed to improve drug testing and reporting practices, and more research is warranted to establish drug concentration levels at which driving skills become impaired. ..
- Younge N, Goldstein R, Bann C, Hintz S, Patel R, Smith P, et al. Survival and Neurodevelopmental Outcomes among Periviable Infants. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:617-628 pubmed publisher..Funded by the National Institutes of Health and others; ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT00063063 and NCT00009633 .). ..
- McDonald A, Church S, Hixon L, Vo L, Sleutel M. First in the Nation: One Unit's Journey to Achieving Fragility Fracture Certification. Orthop Nurs. 2017;36:251-256 pubmed publisher..Our story describes the process and challenges faced becoming the first organization in the nation to be successfully surveyed for The Joint Commission's Fragility Fracture Certification. ..
- Wei J, Mehta P, Grey E, Garberich R, Hauser R, Bairey Merz C, et al. Sex-based differences in quality of care and outcomes in a health system using a standardized STEMI protocol. Am Heart J. 2017;191:30-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that STEMI health care disparities and mortality in women can be improved using STEMI protocols and systems. ..
- Johnson R, Goodman M, Hornbrook M, Eldredge M. The effect of increased prescription drug cost-sharing on medical care utilization and expenses of elderly health maintenance organization members. Med Care. 1997;35:1119-31 pubmed..Future research needs to address the impact on the classes of medications received and related health status, and the impact of larger increases in copayments per dispensing on medical care and health-related factors. ..
- Rudman W, Hewitt C. ORYX: opportunity gained or lost?. J AHIMA. 1999;70:48-52 pubmed..For those willing to change the way they think about data analysis/outcomes, ORYX will provide some of the most important and unlimited career opportunities that will be, or have ever been, offered to HIM professionals. ..
- Wilson D, Milligan A, Hernandez R. Faculty perspectives of health promotion in allied health curricula: results of a national survey. J Allied Health. 2000;29:138-42 pubmed..Allied health is adopting health promotion curricular content, but further study is needed to assess programs and faculty expertise and identify strategies to ensure greater consistency of delivering material. ..
- Walsh A, Feulner J, Reilly A. Evidence for functionally significant polymorphism of human glutamate cysteine ligase catalytic subunit: association with glutathione levels and drug resistance in the National Cancer Institute tumor cell line panel. Toxicol Sci. 2001;61:218-23 pubmed..Here we demonstrate an association between certain GLCLC alleles and GSH levels and/or drug sensitivity, providing evidence that suggests polymorphism of human GLCLC is functionally significant. ..
- Garver K, Troyer R, Kurath G. Two distinct phylogenetic clades of infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus overlap within the Columbia River basin. Dis Aquat Organ. 2003;55:187-203 pubmed..However, the data also clearly indicates that the Hagerman Valley is not a continuous source of waterborne virus infecting salmonid stocks downstream. ..
- Scheule B. Food safety education: health professionals' knowledge and assessment of WIC client needs. J Am Diet Assoc. 2004;104:799-803 pubmed..Expansion of current food-safety education efforts with WIC clients is encouraged with emphasis on methods to effectively overcome barriers to safe food handling. ..
- AuBuchon J. Emily Cooley Memorial Award. Managing change to improve transfusion safety. Transfusion. 2004;44:1377-83 pubmed
- Bruckel K, Capozzoli E. Internet pharmaceutical sales: attributes, concerns, and future forecast. J Hosp Mark Public Relations. 2003;15:61-76 pubmed..This paper will review the attributes and concerns associated with online pharmaceutical sales, discussing current and pending legislation intended to more effectively manage these parameters. ..
- Singh A, Kalyani P, Topham A. Estimating the risk of malignant transformation of a choroidal nevus. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:1784-9 pubmed..If it is assumed that all choroidal melanomas arise from preexisting nevi, then the published data suggest a low rate (1/8845) of malignant transformation of a choroidal nevus in the U.S. white population. ..
- Lieberman D, Holub J, Eisen G, Kraemer D, Morris C. Prevalence of polyps greater than 9 mm in a consortium of diverse clinical practice settings in the United States. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;3:798-805 pubmed..The prevalence of a colon lesion >9 mm varies on the basis of age, gender, race, and procedure indication. Understanding utilization and outcomes can lead to more optimal use of colonoscopy. ..
- Garces Foley K. Hospice and the politics of spirituality. Omega (Westport). 2006;53:117-36 pubmed..The hospice literature is promoting spirituality to its own detriment by alienating potential patients and depriving religious patients of the resources that religious traditions and their affiliated religious communities have to offer. ..
- Penfold R, Wang W, Pajer K, Strange B, Kelleher K. Spatio-temporal clusters of new psychotropic medications among Michigan children insured by Medicaid. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2009;18:531-9 pubmed publisher..Surveillance and cluster identification allow the development of disparities to be studied. This information permits interventions to be targeted to locations prospectively. ..
- Shrader M, Stans A, Shaughnessy W, Haidukewych G. Nonunion of fractures in pediatric patients: 15-year experience at a level I trauma center. Orthopedics. 2009;32:410 pubmed publisher..Although nonunions in the pediatric population are rare, these data underscore the importance of careful evaluation and treatment of these fractures at risk for nonunion...
- Yuen H, Wolf B, Bandyopadhyay D, Magruder K, Salinas C, London S. Oral health knowledge and behavior among adults with diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009;86:239-46 pubmed publisher..g., dry mouth) and complications (e.g., periodontitis and oral candidiasis) of diabetes and to promote proper oral health behaviors. ..