Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ubiquitin protein ligases in Austria
Topic: ubiquitin protein ligases
- Gmachl M, Gieffers C, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Peters J. The RING-H2 finger protein APC11 and the E2 enzyme UBC4 are sufficient to ubiquitinate substrates of the anaphase-promoting complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8973-8 pubmed..These results suggest that APC11 and UBC4 catalyze the formation of isopeptide bonds in APC-mediated ubiquitination reactions. ..
- Buonomo S, Clyne R, Fuchs J, Loidl J, Uhlmann F, Nasmyth K. Disjunction of homologous chromosomes in meiosis I depends on proteolytic cleavage of the meiotic cohesin Rec8 by separin. Cell. 2000;103:387-98 pubmed..We show here that cleavage of Rec8 by separin at one of two different sites is necessary for the resolution of chiasmata and the disjunction of homologous chromosomes during meiosis. ..
- Mladek C, Guger K, Hauser M. Identification and characterization of the ARIADNE gene family in Arabidopsis. A group of putative E3 ligases. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:27-40 pubmed..AtARI1 is highly expressed in all organs, whereas no transcripts could be detected for AtARI11, AtARI13, and AtARI14. AtARI12 and AtARI16 are expressed in an organ-specific manner in the roots and siliques, respectively. ..
- Stary S, Yin X, Potuschak T, Schlögelhofer P, Nizhynska V, Bachmair A. PRT1 of Arabidopsis is a ubiquitin protein ligase of the plant N-end rule pathway with specificity for aromatic amino-terminal residues. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1360-6 pubmed..The results presented also imply that other known substrates of the plant N-end rule pathway are ubiquitylated by one or more different ubiquitin protein ligases. ..
- LÃ¶scher M, Fortschegger K, Ritter G, Wostry M, Voglauer R, Schmid J, et al. Interaction of U-box E3 ligase SNEV with PSMB4, the beta7 subunit of the 20 S proteasome. Biochem J. 2005;388:593-603 pubmed..Additionally, our results provide the first evidence for a physical link between components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the spliceosome. ..
- Kraft C, Vodermaier H, Maurer Stroh S, Eisenhaber F, Peters J. The WD40 propeller domain of Cdh1 functions as a destruction box receptor for APC/C substrates. Mol Cell. 2005;18:543-53 pubmed..Our data imply that APC/C is activated by the association of Cdh1 with Cdc27, which enables APC/C to recognize the D box of substrates via Cdh1's propeller domain. ..
- Gremel G, Dorrer M, Schmoll M. Sulphur metabolism and cellulase gene expression are connected processes in the filamentous fungus Hypocrea jecorina (anamorph Trichoderma reesei). BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:174 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the significance of the sulphate/methionine-related signal with respect to cellulase gene expression is dependent on the light status and reaches beyond detection of sulphur availability. ..