Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on u5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein in Germany
Topic: u5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein
- Plessel G, Luhrmann R, Kastner B. Electron microscopy of assembly intermediates of the snRNP core: morphological similarities between the RNA-free (E.F.G) protein heteromer and the intact snRNP core. J Mol Biol. 1997;265:87-94 pubmed
- Lauber J, Fabrizio P, Teigelkamp S, Lane W, Hartmann E, Luhrmann R. The HeLa 200 kDa U5 snRNP-specific protein and its homologue in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are members of the DEXH-box protein family of putative RNA helicases. EMBO J. 1996;15:4001-15 pubmed..We propose that U5-200kD and Snu246p promote one or more conformational changes in the dynamic network of RNA-RNA interactions in the spliceosome. ..
- Fabrizio P, Esser S, Kastner B, Luhrmann R. Isolation of S. cerevisiae snRNPs: comparison of U1 and U4/U6.U5 to their human counterparts. Science. 1994;264:261-5 pubmed..U5 snRNPs are significantly similar. The preparative isolation of yeast snRNPs will allow the cloning as well as genetic and phylogenetic analysis of snRNP proteins which will accelerate our understanding of their function. ..
- Teigelkamp S, Mundt C, Achsel T, Will C, Luhrmann R. The human U5 snRNP-specific 100-kD protein is an RS domain-containing, putative RNA helicase with significant homology to the yeast splicing factor Prp28p. RNA. 1997;3:1313-26 pubmed
- Fabrizio P, Laggerbauer B, Lauber J, Lane W, Luhrmann R. An evolutionarily conserved U5 snRNP-specific protein is a GTP-binding factor closely related to the ribosomal translocase EF-2. EMBO J. 1997;16:4092-106 pubmed..This is to date the first evidence that a G domain-containing protein plays an essential role in the pre-mRNA splicing process. ..
- Urlaub H, Raker V, Kostka S, Luhrmann R. Sm protein-Sm site RNA interactions within the inner ring of the spliceosomal snRNP core structure. EMBO J. 2001;20:187-96 pubmed..Our results thus provide the first evidence that, within the core snRNP, multiple Sm protein-Sm site RNA contacts occur on the inner surface of the heptameric Sm protein ring. ..
- Makarova O, Makarov E, Luhrmann R. The 65 and 110 kDa SR-related proteins of the U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP are essential for the assembly of mature spliceosomes. EMBO J. 2001;20:2553-63 pubmed..Moreover, since both proteins contain an N-terminal RS domain, they could mediate the association of the tri-snRNP with pre-spliceosomes by interaction with members of the SR protein family. ..
- Bartels C, Urlaub H, Luhrmann R, Fabrizio P. Mutagenesis suggests several roles of Snu114p in pre-mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28324-34 pubmed..U5 snRNPs. This indicates that, before splicing, Snu114p plays a part in the assembly of both particles. ..
- Laggerbauer B, Lauber J, Luhrmann R. Identification of an RNA-dependent ATPase activity in mammalian U5 snRNPs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:868-75 pubmed..Furthermore, both the formation of the crosslink and ATPase activity appear with a similar substrate specificity for ATP. ..