Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on two hybrid system techniques in France
Topic: two hybrid system techniques
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Malpel S, Claret S, Sanial M, Brigui A, Piolot T, Daviet L, et al. The last 59 amino acids of Smoothened cytoplasmic tail directly bind the protein kinase Fused and negatively regulate the Hedgehog pathway. Dev Biol. 2007;303:121-33 pubmed..We propose that FU could act as a switch, activator in presence of HH signal or inhibitor in absence of HH. ..
- Simon Chazottes D, Paces Fessy M, Lamour Isnard C, Guenet J, Blanchet Tournier M. Genomic organization, chromosomal assignment, and expression analysis of the mouse suppressor of fused gene (Sufu) coding a Gli protein partner. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:614-21 pubmed..Sufu binds with all three Gli proteins, with different affinities. This report, in conjunction with recent studies, points out the importance of Sufu in mouse embryonic development. ..
- Vignal E, Blangy A, Martin M, Gauthier Rouviere C, Fort P. Kinectin is a key effector of RhoG microtubule-dependent cellular activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8022-34 pubmed..These data establish that kinectin is a key mediator of microtubule-dependent RhoG activity and suggest that kinectin also mediates RhoG- and RhoA-dependent antagonistic pathways. ..
- Mendoza J, Jacob Y, Cassonnet P, Favre M. Human papillomavirus type 5 E6 oncoprotein represses the transforming growth factor beta signaling pathway by binding to SMAD3. J Virol. 2006;80:12420-4 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the E6 protein of nononcogenic EV HPV9 failed to interact with SMAD3, suggesting that downregulation of the TGF-beta1 signaling pathway could be a determinant in HPV5 skin carcinogenesis...
- Vielemeyer O, Nizak C, Jimenez A, Echard A, Goud B, Camonis J, et al. Characterization of single chain antibody targets through yeast two hybrid. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:59 pubmed publisher..It may be considered prior to any research application and particularly before any use of such recombinant antibodies in clinical medicine. ..
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Baillat G, Gaillard S, Castets F, Monneron A. Interactions of phocein with nucleoside-diphosphate kinase, Eps15, and Dynamin I. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18961-6 pubmed..Phocein thus appears to be a component of the complexes involved in some steps of the vesicular traffic machinery. ..
- Michels A, Nguyen V, Fraldi A, Labas V, Edwards M, Bonnet F, et al. MAQ1 and 7SK RNA interact with CDK9/cyclin T complexes in a transcription-dependent manner. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4859-69 pubmed
- Papin C, Rouget C, Mandart E. Xenopus Rbm9 is a novel interactor of XGld2 in the cytoplasmic polyadenylation complex. FEBS J. 2008;275:490-503 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, XGld2 and CPEB antibody injections also led to an acceleration of meiotic maturation, suggesting that XGld2 is part of a masking complex with CPEB and is associated with repressed mRNAs in oocytes...
- Gironella M, Malicet C, Cano C, Sandi M, Hamidi T, Tauil R, et al. p8/nupr1 regulates DNA-repair activity after double-strand gamma irradiation-induced DNA damage. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:594-602 pubmed publisher..MSL1-dependent HAT activity, which is negatively regulated by the stress protein p8, induces chromatin remodeling and relaxation allowing access to DNA of the repair machinery. ..
- Deloulme J, Assard N, Mbele G, Mangin C, Kuwano R, Baudier J. S100A6 and S100A11 are specific targets of the calcium- and zinc-binding S100B protein in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35302-10 pubmed..Our data suggest that the interaction between S100B and S100A6 or S100A11 should not be viewed as a typical S100 heterodimerization but rather as a model of interaction between S100B and target proteins. ..
- Quivy J, Grandi P, Almouzni G. Dimerization of the largest subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1: importance in vitro and during Xenopus early development. EMBO J. 2001;20:2015-27 pubmed..We propose that the rapid proliferation at early developmental stages necessitates the unique properties of an assembly factor that can ensure a tight coupling between DNA replication or repair and chromatin assembly. ..
- Baudry A, Heim M, Dubreucq B, Caboche M, Weisshaar B, Lepiniec L. TT2, TT8, and TTG1 synergistically specify the expression of BANYULS and proanthocyanidin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2004;39:366-80 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that TT2, TT8, and TTG1 can form a ternary complex directly regulating BAN expression in planta. ..
- Cartron P, Gallenne T, Bougras G, Gautier F, Manero F, Vusio P, et al. The first alpha helix of Bax plays a necessary role in its ligand-induced activation by the BH3-only proteins Bid and PUMA. Mol Cell. 2004;16:807-18 pubmed..Thus, a specific interaction between Bax Halpha1 and their BH3 domains allows Bid and PUMA to function as "death agonists" of Bax, whereas Bad recruits Bax activity through a distinct pathway. ..
- Pascreau G, Delcros J, Cremet J, Prigent C, Arlot Bonnemains Y. Phosphorylation of maskin by Aurora-A participates in the control of sequential protein synthesis during Xenopus laevis oocyte maturation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13415-23 pubmed..This result strongly suggests that phosphorylation of maskin by Aurora-A prevents meiosis II proteins from being produced during meiosis I. ..
- Lahmy S, Guilleminot J, Schmit A, Pelletier G, Chaboute M, Devic M. QQT proteins colocalize with microtubules and are essential for early embryo development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;50:615-26 pubmed..We propose that QQT1 and QQT2 proteins participate in the organization of microtubules during cell division, and that this function is essential for the correct development of the early embryo. ..
- Cholay M, Reverdy C, Benarous R, Colland F, Daviet L. Functional interaction between the ubiquitin-specific protease 25 and the SYK tyrosine kinase. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:667-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed that SYK specifically phosphorylates USP25 and alters its cellular levels. This study thus uncovers a new SYK substrate and reveals a novel SYK function, namely the regulation of USP25 cellular levels. ..
- Benecke A, Gaudon C, Garnier J, vom Baur E, Chambon P, Losson R. ADA3-containing complexes associate with estrogen receptor alpha. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:2508-14 pubmed..However, the ADA3-containing TBP-free-TAF-containing complex (TFTC) can interact with ERalpha in a ligand-independent manner, indicating that other subunits of the complex are sufficient to mediate interaction with NRs. ..
- Simonin F, Karcher P, Boeuf J, Matifas A, Kieffer B. Identification of a novel family of G protein-coupled receptor associated sorting proteins. J Neurochem. 2004;89:766-75 pubmed..Another member of the family, GASP-2, also interacts with the carboxyl-terminal tail of several GPCRs. Therefore, GASP proteins may represent an important protein family regulating GPCR physiology. ..
- Antoine R, Huvent I, Chemlal K, Deray I, Raze D, Locht C, et al. The periplasmic binding protein of a tripartite tricarboxylate transporter is involved in signal transduction. J Mol Biol. 2005;351:799-809 pubmed..Thus, BctC is part of the signalling cascade leading to upregulation of the transporter operon in the presence of its solute, a new function for periplasmic binding proteins of TT transporters. ..
- Debril M, Dubuquoy L, Feige J, Wahli W, Desvergne B, Auwerx J, et al. Scaffold attachment factor B1 directly interacts with nuclear receptors in living cells and represses transcriptional activity. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;35:503-17 pubmed..Its change in expression during the early phases of adipocyte and enterocyte differentiation suggests that SAFB1 potentially influences cell proliferation and differentiation decisions. ..
- Maroun M, Delelis O, Coadou G, Bader T, Segeral E, Mbemba G, et al. Inhibition of early steps of HIV-1 replication by SNF5/Ini1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22736-43 pubmed..K71R substitution stimulates viral replication and results in higher infectious titers. Taken together, these results suggest that, by interacting with IN, SNF5/Ini1 interferes with early steps of HIV-1 infection. ..
- Hatzoglou A, Ader I, Splingard A, Flanders J, Saade E, Leroy I, et al. Gem associates with Ezrin and acts via the Rho-GAP protein Gmip to down-regulate the Rho pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1242-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that Gem binds active Ezrin at the plasma membrane-cytoskeleton interface and acts via the Rho-GAP protein Gmip to down-regulate the processes dependent on the Rho pathway. ..
- Douet V, Expert D, Barras F, Py B. Erwinia chrysanthemi iron metabolism: the unexpected implication of the inner membrane platform within the type II secretion system. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:795-804 pubmed publisher..The OutEFLM-forming platform is proposed to be instrumental in two different processes essential for virulence, protein secretion and iron homeostasis. ..
- Clerc I, Hivin P, Rubbo P, Lemasson I, Barbeau B, Mesnard J. Propensity for HBZ-SP1 isoform of HTLV-I to inhibit c-Jun activity correlates with sequestration of c-Jun into nuclear bodies rather than inhibition of its DNA-binding activity. Virology. 2009;391:195-202 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that the repression of c-Jun activity in vivo is mainly due to the HBZ-SP1-mediated sequestration of c-Jun to the HBZ-NBs. ..
- Torres Padilla M, Sladek F, Weiss M. Developmentally regulated N-terminal variants of the nuclear receptor hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha mediate multiple interactions through coactivator and corepressor-histone deacetylase complexes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44677-87 pubmed..Possible physiological consequences of the multiple interactions with these coregulators are discussed. ..
- Erdtmann L, Franck N, Lerat H, Le Seyec J, Gilot D, Cannie I, et al. The hepatitis C virus NS2 protein is an inhibitor of CIDE-B-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18256-64 pubmed..We suggest that NS2 interferes with the CIDE-B-induced death pathway and participates in HCV strategies to subvert host cell defense. ..
- Mirey G, Balakireva M, L Hoste S, Rosse C, Voegeling S, Camonis J. A Ral guanine exchange factor-Ral pathway is conserved in Drosophila melanogaster and sheds new light on the connectivity of the Ral, Ras, and Rap pathways. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1112-24 pubmed..Thus, in vivo data show variations in the connectivity of pathways described for cell lines which might display only a subset of the biological possibilities. ..
- Cakir B, Agasse A, Gaillard C, Saumonneau A, Delrot S, Atanassova R. A grape ASR protein involved in sugar and abscisic acid signaling. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2165-80 pubmed..Thus, a biological function is ascribed to an ASR protein. VvMSA acts as part of a transcription-regulating complex involved in sugar and ABA signaling. ..
- Morris Desbois C, Bochard V, Reynaud C, Jalinot P. Interaction between the Ret finger protein and the Int-6 gene product and co-localisation into nuclear bodies. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 19):3331-42 pubmed..Int-6 and Rfp are co-localised in certain PML nuclear bodies in lymphocytes and transfection studies in HeLa cells strongly suggest that Rfp triggers translocation of Int-6 to nuclear bodies. ..
- Minty A, Dumont X, Kaghad M, Caput D. Covalent modification of p73alpha by SUMO-1. Two-hybrid screening with p73 identifies novel SUMO-1-interacting proteins and a SUMO-1 interaction motif. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36316-23 pubmed..Alternatively, it may modulate the interaction of p73 with other proteins that are substrates for SUMO-1 modification or which interact with SUMO-1, such as those identified here. ..
- Camilleri C, Azimzadeh J, Pastuglia M, Bellini C, Grandjean O, Bouchez D. The Arabidopsis TONNEAU2 gene encodes a putative novel protein phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit essential for the control of the cortical cytoskeleton. Plant Cell. 2002;14:833-45 pubmed
- Khetchoumian K, Teletin M, Mark M, Lerouge T, Cerviño M, Oulad Abdelghani M, et al. TIF1delta, a novel HP1-interacting member of the transcriptional intermediary factor 1 (TIF1) family expressed by elongating spermatids. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48329-41 pubmed..Collectively, these data are consistent with specific, nonredundant functions for the TIF1 family members in vivo and suggest a role for TIF1delta in heterochromatin-mediated gene silencing during postmeiotic phases of spermatogenesis. ..
- Lallemand F, Seo S, Ferrand N, Pessah M, L Hoste S, Rawadi G, et al. AIP4 restricts transforming growth factor-beta signaling through a ubiquitination-independent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27645-53 pubmed..The ability of AIP4 to enhance the inhibitory function of Smad7 independent of its ubiquitin ligase activity reveals a new mechanism by which E3 ubiquitin ligases may function to turn off TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Beckouët F, Labarre Mariotte S, Albert B, Imazawa Y, Werner M, Gadal O, et al. Two RNA polymerase I subunits control the binding and release of Rrn3 during transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1596-605 pubmed..These data suggest a dual role of the Rpa49-Rpa34 dimer during the recruitment of Rrn3 and its subsequent dissociation from the elongating polymerase. ..
- Gholami A, Kassis R, Réal E, Delmas O, Guadagnini S, Larrous F, et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction in lyssavirus-induced apoptosis. J Virol. 2008;82:4774-84 pubmed publisher..As expected, the reverse mutations, R77K and E81N, introduced in M-THA induce a phenotype similar to that due to M-MOK. These features indicate a novel mechanism for energy depletion during lyssavirus-induced apoptosis...
- Blanchin Roland S, Da Costa G, Gaillardin C. Ambient pH signalling in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica involves YlRim23p/PalC, which interacts with Snf7p/Vps32p, but does not require the long C terminus of YlRim9p/PalI. Microbiology. 2008;154:1668-76 pubmed publisher..These results show that YlRim23p is a bona fide component of the Rim pathway in Y. lipolytica and that it participates in the complexes linking pH signalling and endocytosis...
- Saumonneau A, Agasse A, Bidoyen M, Lallemand M, Cantereau A, Medici A, et al. Interaction of grape ASR proteins with a DREB transcription factor in the nucleus. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3281-7 pubmed publisher..Interaction of the two proteins is further demonstrated by the BiFC approach and the exclusive nuclear localization of the heterodimer is visualized...
- Froidure S, Canonne J, Daniel X, Jauneau A, BriÃ¨re C, Roby D, et al. AtsPLA2-alpha nuclear relocalization by the Arabidopsis transcription factor AtMYB30 leads to repression of the plant defense response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15281-6 pubmed publisher..These data underline the importance of cellular dynamics and, particularly, protein translocation to the nucleus, for defense-associated gene regulation in plants. ..
- Prevot D, Voeltzel T, Birot A, Morel A, Rostan M, Magaud J, et al. The leukemia-associated protein Btg1 and the p53-regulated protein Btg2 interact with the homeoprotein Hoxb9 and enhance its transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:147-53 pubmed..Our data indicate that Btg1 and Btg2 act as transcriptional cofactors of the Hoxb9 protein, and suggest that this interaction may mediate their antiproliferative function. ..
- Gangloff Y, Sanders S, Romier C, Kirschner D, Weil P, Tora L, et al. Histone folds mediate selective heterodimerization of yeast TAF(II)25 with TFIID components yTAF(II)47 and yTAF(II)65 and with SAGA component ySPT7. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1841-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our results indicate that ySPT7 has an HFD homologous to that of yTAF(II)47 which selectively heterodimerizes with yTAF(II)25, defining a novel histone-like pair in the SAGA complex. ..
- Deramaudt T, Remy P, Stiegler P. Identification of interaction partners for two closely-related members of the ETS protein family, FLI and ERG. Gene. 2001;274:169-77 pubmed
- Frank Vaillant M, Marcand S. NHEJ regulation by mating type is exercised through a novel protein, Lif2p, essential to the ligase IV pathway. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3005-12 pubmed..Increasing the dosage of the Lif2p protein can suppress the NHEJ defect in a/alpha cells. Together, these results indicate that NHEJ regulation by mating type is achieved, at least in part, by a regulation of Lif2p activity. ..
- Monier S, Jollivet F, Janoueix Lerosey I, Johannes L, Goud B. Characterization of novel Rab6-interacting proteins involved in endosome-to-TGN transport. Traffic. 2002;3:289-97 pubmed..Our data suggest that Rab6IP2s is involved in the pathway regulated by Rab6A'. ..
- Cariou B, Perdereau D, Cailliau K, Browaeys Poly E, Bereziat V, Vasseur Cognet M, et al. The adapter protein ZIP binds Grb14 and regulates its inhibitory action on insulin signaling by recruiting protein kinase Czeta. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6959-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Grb14, ZIP, and PKCzeta participate in a new feedback pathway of insulin signaling. ..
- Boëda B, El Amraoui A, Bahloul A, Goodyear R, Daviet L, Blanchard S, et al. Myosin VIIa, harmonin and cadherin 23, three Usher I gene products that cooperate to shape the sensory hair cell bundle. EMBO J. 2002;21:6689-99 pubmed..We propose that the shaping of the hair bundle relies on a functional unit composed of myosin VIIa, harmonin b and cadherin 23 that is essential to ensure the cohesion of the stereocilia. ..
- Mils V, Lee S, Joly W, Hang E, Baldin V, Waye M, et al. LIM-only protein FHL3 interacts with CDC25B2 phosphatase. Exp Cell Res. 2003;285:99-106 pubmed..Finally, we showed that FHL3 binding impaired neither CDC25B2 phosphatase activity nor its localization. Further work is now needed to elucidate the consequences of this interaction on myoblast fate decision and cycle control. ..
- Corti O, Hampe C, Koutnikova H, Darios F, Jacquier S, Prigent A, et al. The p38 subunit of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex is a Parkin substrate: linking protein biosynthesis and neurodegeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1427-37 pubmed..This suggests that p38 plays a role in the pathogenesis of PD, opening the way for a detailed examination of its potential non-canonical role in neurodegeneration. ..
- Pantalacci S, Tapon N, Leopold P. The Salvador partner Hippo promotes apoptosis and cell-cycle exit in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:921-7 pubmed..Thus, Hpo may promote apoptosis by reducing cellular amounts of DIAP1. In addition, we show that Sav is an unstable protein that is stabilized by Hpo. We propose that Hpo and Sav function together to restrict tissue growth in vivo...
- Fouix S, Martin Lannerée S, Sanial M, Morla L, Lamour Isnard C, Plessis A. Over-expression of a novel nuclear interactor of Suppressor of fused, the Drosophila myelodysplasia/myeloid leukaemia factor, induces abnormal morphogenesis associated with increased apoptosis and DNA synthesis. Genes Cells. 2003;8:897-911 pubmed..We propose that dSu(fu) and dMLF act together at the transcriptional level to coordinate patterning and proliferation during development. ..
- Chautard H, Jacquet M, Schoentgen F, Bureaud N, Bénédetti H. Tfs1p, a member of the PEBP family, inhibits the Ira2p but not the Ira1p Ras GTPase-activating protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:459-70 pubmed..We further show that the conserved ligand-binding pocket of Tfs1-the hallmark of the PEBP family-is important for its inhibitory activity. ..
- Defossez P, Kelly K, Filion G, Perez Torrado R, Magdinier F, Menoni H, et al. The human enhancer blocker CTC-binding factor interacts with the transcription factor Kaiso. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:43017-23 pubmed..We found, in an insulation assay, that the presence of this Kaiso binding site reduced the enhancer-blocking activity of CTCF. These data suggest that the Kaiso-CTCF interaction negatively regulates CTCF insulator activity. ..
- Malicet C, Hoffmeister A, Moreno S, Closa D, Dagorn J, Vasseur S, et al. Interaction of the stress protein p8 with Jab1 is required for Jab1-dependent p27 nuclear-to-cytoplasm translocation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:284-9 pubmed..Experiments showing that the knock-down of p8 expression results in a strong inhibition of Jab1 activity confirmed that the mechanism by which Jab1 promotes cell growth by decreasing p27 level is p8-dependent. ..
- Mavrakis M, M houas S, R al E, Iseni F, Blondel D, Tordo N, et al. Rabies virus chaperone: identification of the phosphoprotein peptide that keeps nucleoprotein soluble and free from non-specific RNA. Virology. 2006;349:422-9 pubmed publisher..Coexpression and coimmunoprecipitation experiments and yeast two-hybrid experiments showed that this peptide alone could bind to N in vivo...
- Blot G, Lopez Verges S, Treand C, Kubat N, Delcroix Genête D, Emiliani S, et al. Luman, a new partner of HIV-1 TMgp41, interferes with Tat-mediated transcription of the HIV-1 LTR. J Mol Biol. 2006;364:1034-47 pubmed..The interaction between the TMgp41 subunit of Env and Luman affects the stability of the full-length Luman protein, the precursor of the activated, nuclear form of Luman, which acts negatively on Tat-mediated HIV-1 transactivation. ..
- Collec E, El Nemer W, Gauthier E, Gane P, Lecomte M, Dhermy D, et al. Ubc9 interacts with Lu/BCAM adhesion glycoproteins and regulates their stability at the membrane of polarized MDCK cells. Biochem J. 2007;402:311-9 pubmed..Our results support a physiological role for the direct interaction between Lu gp and Ubc9 protein and reveal a role for this enzyme in regulating the stability of Lu gp at the cell membrane. ..
- Le Bras S, Moon C, Foucault I, Breittmayer J, Deckert M. Abl-SH3 binding protein 2, 3BP2, interacts with CIN85 and HIP-55. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:967-74 pubmed..Together, our data suggest an unexpected role of 3BP2 in endocytic and cytoskeletal regulation through its interaction with CIN85 and HIP-55. ..
- Azevedo J, Courtois F, Hakimi M, Demarsy E, Lagrange T, Alcaraz J, et al. Intraplastidial trafficking of a phage-type RNA polymerase is mediated by a thylakoid RING-H2 protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9123-8 pubmed publisher..A model is presented in which light by triggering the synthesis of the RING protein determines membrane association and functional switching of RPOTmp...
- Covelli L, Klein E, Gilmer D. The first 17 amino acids of the beet necrotic yellow vein virus RNA-5-encoded p26 protein are sufficient to activate transcription in a yeast one-hybrid system. Arch Virol. 2009;154:347-51 pubmed publisher..The TA domain was found to be located within the first 17 residues. Alanine replacement of aspartic acids 11, 16, and 17 within the full-length p26 prevented TA but did not impair subcellular localization and the symptom expression...
- Deltour S, Guerardel C, Leprince D. Recruitment of SMRT/N-CoR-mSin3A-HDAC-repressing complexes is not a general mechanism for BTB/POZ transcriptional repressors: the case of HIC-1 and gammaFBP-B. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:14831-6 pubmed..Taken together, our studies show that the recruitment onto target promoters of an HDAC complex is not a general property of transcriptional repressors containing a conserved BTB/POZ domain. ..
- Vignal E, De Toledo M, Comunale F, Ladopoulou A, Gauthier Rouviere C, Blangy A, et al. Characterization of TCL, a new GTPase of the rho family related to TC10 andCcdc42. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36457-64 pubmed..Interestingly, TCL morphogenic activity is blocked by dominant negative Rac1 and Cdc42 mutants, suggesting a cross-talk between these three Rho GTPases. ..
- Gunther M, Laithier M, Brison O. A set of proteins interacting with transcription factor Sp1 identified in a two-hybrid screening. Mol Cell Biochem. 2000;210:131-42 pubmed..Four other cDNA clones encoding polypeptides of unknown function were tested in the in vitro binding assay. All four polypeptides were found to interact with Sp1 in this assay. ..
- Anzai N, Deval E, Schaefer L, Friend V, Lazdunski M, Lingueglia E. The multivalent PDZ domain-containing protein CIPP is a partner of acid-sensing ion channel 3 in sensory neurons. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16655-61 pubmed..e. mainly in the small nociceptive neurons. CIPP is thus a scaffolding protein that could both enhance the surface expression of ASIC3 and bring together ASIC3 and functionally related proteins in the membrane of sensory neurons. ..
- Kirschner D, vom Baur E, Thibault C, Sanders S, Gangloff Y, Davidson I, et al. Distinct mutations in yeast TAF(II)25 differentially affect the composition of TFIID and SAGA complexes as well as global gene expression patterns. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3178-93 pubmed..Thus, different yTAF(II)25 mutations induce distinct phenotypes and affect the regulation of different subsets of genes, demonstrating that no individual TAF(II) mutant allele reflects the full range of its normal functions. ..
- Le Masson I, Saveanu C, Chevalier A, Namane A, Gobin R, Fromont Racine M, et al. Spc24 interacts with Mps2 and is required for chromosome segregation, but is not implicated in spindle pole body duplication. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1431-43 pubmed..The Mps2-Spc24 interaction may contribute to the localization of Spc24 and other kinetochore components to the inner plaque of the SPB. ..
- Kutuzov M, Solov eva O, Andreeva A, Bennett N. Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases PPEF interact with calmodulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1047-52 pubmed
- Peiretti F, Deprez Beauclair P, Bonardo B, Aubert H, Juhan Vague I, Nalbone G. Identification of SAP97 as an intracellular binding partner of TACE. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1949-57 pubmed..Altogether, these results demonstrate an interaction between TACE and SAP97, which may have a functional implication for the regulation of TACE shedding activity. ..
- Adato A, Michel V, Kikkawa Y, Reiners J, Alagramam K, Weil D, et al. Interactions in the network of Usher syndrome type 1 proteins. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:347-56 pubmed..We propose that via its binding to myosin VIIa and/or harmonin, sans controls the hair bundle cohesion and proper development by regulating the traffic of USH1 proteins en route to the stereocilia. ..
- Freire M. Translation initiation factor (iso) 4E interacts with BTF3, the beta subunit of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex. Gene. 2005;345:271-7 pubmed..These findings provide a molecular link between the translation initiation mechanism and the emergence of the nascent polypeptide chains. ..
- Degerny C, Monte D, Beaudoin C, Jaffray E, Portois L, Hay R, et al. SUMO modification of the Ets-related transcription factor ERM inhibits its transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24330-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ERM is subject to SUMO modification and that this post-translational modification causes inhibition of transcription-enhancing activity. ..
- Caignard G, Guerbois M, Labernardière J, Jacob Y, Jones L, Wild F, et al. Measles virus V protein blocks Jak1-mediated phosphorylation of STAT1 to escape IFN-alpha/beta signaling. Virology. 2007;368:351-62 pubmed..Thus, MV-V interacts with at least two components of IFN-alpha/beta receptor complex to block downstream signaling. ..
- Betzi S, Restouin A, Opi S, Arold S, Parrot I, Guerlesquin F, et al. Protein protein interaction inhibition (2P2I) combining high throughput and virtual screening: Application to the HIV-1 Nef protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19256-61 pubmed
- Poncet S, Soret M, Mervelet P, Deutscher J, Noirot P. Transcriptional activator YesS is stimulated by histidine-phosphorylated HPr of the Bacillus subtilis phosphotransferase system. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28188-97 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that two-hybrid assays can be used for the identification of unknown kinases of phosphorylated bacterial proteins detected in phosphoproteome analyses...
- Meunier S, Navarro M, Bossard C, Laurell H, Touriol C, Lacazette E, et al. Pivotal role of translokin/CEP57 in the unconventional secretion versus nuclear translocation of FGF2. Traffic. 2009;10:1765-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, Translokin plays a pivotal role in this original mechanism. In addition, we show that FGF2 secretion is regulated by a negative loop, retro-controlled by FGF receptor and involving FGF2 itself. ..
- Jullien Flores V, Mahe Y, Mirey G, Leprince C, Meunier Bisceuil B, Sorkin A, et al. RLIP76, an effector of the GTPase Ral, interacts with the AP2 complex: involvement of the Ral pathway in receptor endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 16):2837-44 pubmed
- Nachin L, Loiseau L, Expert D, Barras F. SufC: an unorthodox cytoplasmic ABC/ATPase required for [Fe-S] biogenesis under oxidative stress. EMBO J. 2003;22:427-37 pubmed..We discuss a model wherein the SufBCD proteins contribute to bacterial pathogenicity via their role in the assembly of [Fe-S] clusters under oxidative stress and iron limitation. ..
- Lamy L, Ticchioni M, Rouquette Jazdanian A, Samson M, Deckert M, Greenberg A, et al. CD47 and the 19 kDa interacting protein-3 (BNIP3) in T cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23915-21 pubmed..This new pathway results in a fast induction of cell death resembling necrosis, which is likely to play an important role in lymphocyte regulation at inflammatory sites and/or in the vicinity of thrombosis. ..
- Steindler C, Li Z, Algarté M, Alcover A, Libri V, Ragimbeau J, et al. Jamip1 (marlin-1) defines a family of proteins interacting with janus kinases and microtubules. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43168-77 pubmed..g. cell polarization, segregation of signaling complexes, and vesicle traffic, some of which may involve Jak tyrosine kinases. ..
- Heuzé M, Guibal F, Banks C, Conaway J, Conaway R, Cayre Y, et al. ASB2 is an Elongin BC-interacting protein that can assemble with Cullin 5 and Rbx1 to reconstitute an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5468-74 pubmed..Altogether, our results strongly suggest that ASB2 targets specific proteins to destruction by the proteasome in leukemia cells that have been induced to differentiate. ..
- Loiseau L, Ollagnier de Choudens S, Lascoux D, Forest E, Fontecave M, Barras F. Analysis of the heteromeric CsdA-CsdE cysteine desulfurase, assisting Fe-S cluster biogenesis in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26760-9 pubmed..Moreover, both in vitro and in vivo investigations pointed to a specific connection between the CSD system and quinolinate synthetase NadA. ..
- Dulac C, Michels A, Fraldi A, Bonnet F, Nguyen V, Napolitano G, et al. Transcription-dependent association of multiple positive transcription elongation factor units to a HEXIM multimer. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30619-29 pubmed..Multiple P-TEFb modules are found in the inactive P-TEFb.HEXIM1.7SK complexes. It is proposed that 7SK RNA binding to a HEXIM1 multimer promotes the simultaneous recruitment and hence inactivation of multiple P-TEFb units. ..
- Meyer E, Giegé P, Gelhaye E, Rayapuram N, Ahuja U, Thöny Meyer L, et al. AtCCMH, an essential component of the c-type cytochrome maturation pathway in Arabidopsis mitochondria, interacts with apocytochrome c. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:16113-8 pubmed..Our results show that AtCCMH is an essential mitochondrial protein with characteristics consistent with its proposed apocytochrome c-reducing and heme lyase function. ..
- Xicluna J, Lacombe B, Dreyer I, Alcon C, Jeanguenin L, Sentenac H, et al. Increased functional diversity of plant K+ channels by preferential heteromerization of the shaker-like subunits AKT2 and KAT2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:486-94 pubmed..In planta, these new channels, which may undergo specific regulations, are likely to be formed in guard cells and in the phloem, where they could participate in the control of membrane potential and potassium fluxes. ..
- Buchsbaum S, Morris C, Bochard V, Jalinot P. Human INT6 interacts with MCM7 and regulates its stability during S phase of the cell cycle. Oncogene. 2007;26:5132-44 pubmed..These data show that INT6 stabilizes chromatin-bound MCM7 and that alteration of this effect is associated with replication deficiency. ..
- Laurent A, Bihan R, Deschamps S, Guerrier D, Dupé V, Omilli F, et al. Identification of a new type of PBX1 partner that contains zinc finger motifs and inhibits the binding of HOXA9-PBX1 to DNA. Mech Dev. 2007;124:364-76 pubmed..We suggest that ZFPIP is a new type of PBX1 partner that could participate in PBX1 function during several developmental pathways. ..
- Lanciano P, Vergnes A, Grimaldi S, Guigliarelli B, Magalon A. Biogenesis of a respiratory complex is orchestrated by a single accessory protein. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17468-74 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that NarJ has a multifunctional role by orchestrating both the maturation and the assembly steps. ..
- Béraud Dufour S, Gautier R, Albiges Rizo C, Chardin P, Faurobert E. Krit 1 interactions with microtubules and membranes are regulated by Rap1 and integrin cytoplasmic domain associated protein-1. FEBS J. 2007;274:5518-32 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose a model in which Krit1 would be delivered by microtubules to the plasma membrane where it would be captured by Rap1 and ICAP-1. ..
- Genest O, Neumann M, Seduk F, Stöcklein W, Mejean V, Leimkuhler S, et al. Dedicated metallochaperone connects apoenzyme and molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis components. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:21433-40 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that TorD acts as a platform connecting the last step of the synthesis of the molybdenum cofactor just before its insertion into the catalytic site of TorA. ..