Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tubulin in United States
Locale: United States
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Popodi E, Hoyle H, Turner F, Raff E. Cooperativity between the beta-tubulin carboxy tail and the body of the molecule is required for microtubule function. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:955-63 pubmed publisher..We show that in males of experimental genotypes that express wild type tubulins but have half the amount of the normal tubulin pool size, sperm tails are substantially shorter than wild type. ..
- Li J, Song J, Cassidy M, Rychahou P, Starr M, Liu J, et al. PI3K p110?/Akt signaling negatively regulates secretion of the intestinal peptide neurotensin through interference of granule transport. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1380-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify the critical role and novel mechanisms for the PI3K signaling pathway in the control of intestinal hormone granule transport and release. ..
- Simerly C, Hecht N, Goldberg E, Schatten G. Tracing the incorporation of the sperm tail in the mouse zygote and early embryo using an anti-testicular alpha-tubulin antibody. Dev Biol. 1993;158:536-48 pubmed
- Wilson P, Borisy G. Maternally expressed gamma Tub37CD in Drosophila is differentially required for female meiosis and embryonic mitosis. Dev Biol. 1998;199:273-90 pubmed
- Lobert S, Ingram J, Correia J. Additivity of dilantin and vinblastine inhibitory effects on microtubule assembly. Cancer Res. 1999;59:4816-22 pubmed..The sequestration of tubulin heterodimers could explain the combined drug synergy in cell cultures if it disrupted interactions with proteins that regulate microtubule dynamics and/or cell cycle events. ..
- Tartar A, Boucias D, Adams B, Becnel J. Phylogenetic analysis identifies the invertebrate pathogen Helicosporidium sp. as a green alga (Chlorophyta). Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2002;52:273-9 pubmed..is clearly neither a protist nor a fungus, but appears to be the first described algal invertebrate pathogen. These conclusions lead us to propose the transfer of the genus Helicosporidium to Chlorophyta, Trebouxiophyceae. ..
- Flory M, Morphew M, Joseph J, Means A, Davis T. Pcp1p, an Spc110p-related calmodulin target at the centrosome of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Cell Growth Differ. 2002;13:47-58 pubmed
- Burakov A, Nadezhdina E, Slepchenko B, Rodionov V. Centrosome positioning in interphase cells. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:963-9 pubmed
- Lee C, Scherr H, Wallingford J. Shroom family proteins regulate gamma-tubulin distribution and microtubule architecture during epithelial cell shape change. Development. 2007;134:1431-41 pubmed..Together, the data demonstrate that Shroom family proteins govern epithelial cell behaviors by coordinating the assembly of both microtubule and actin cytoskeletons. ..
- De S, Cipriano R, Jackson M, Stark G. Overexpression of kinesins mediates docetaxel resistance in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8035-42 pubmed publisher..Our finding that kinesins can mediate docetaxel resistance might lead to novel therapeutic approaches in which kinesin inhibitors are paired with taxanes. ..
- Hu X, Ballo L, Pietila L, Viesselmann C, Ballweg J, Lumbard D, et al. BDNF-induced increase of PSD-95 in dendritic spines requires dynamic microtubule invasions. J Neurosci. 2011;31:15597-603 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides a direct link between dynamic MTs and the postsynaptic structure, and provides a functional role for MT invasion of dendritic spines. ..
- Lahr D, Grant J, Katz L. Multigene phylogenetic reconstruction of the Tubulinea (Amoebozoa) corroborates four of the six major lineages, while additionally revealing that shell composition does not predict phylogeny in the Arcellinida. Protist. 2013;164:323-39 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the implications of this phylogeny for interpretations of the Precambrian fossil record of testate amoebae. ..
- Taggi A, Stevenson T, Bereznak J, Sharpe P, Gutteridge S, Forman R, et al. Tubulin modulating antifungal and antiproliferative pyrazinone derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:435-43 pubmed publisher..They have also been found to be particularly potent against human rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Using an efficient synthetic route, the agricultural and medicinal activity was explored. ..
- Lomakin A, Semenova I, Zaliapin I, Kraikivski P, Nadezhdina E, Slepchenko B, et al. CLIP-170-dependent capture of membrane organelles by microtubules initiates minus-end directed transport. Dev Cell. 2009;17:323-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MT dynamics are required for the initiation of MT transport of membrane organelles in interphase cells, and that +TIPs such as CLIP-170 play an important role in this process...
- Chu U, Song J, Mavlyutov T, Guo L. In vitro interaction of tubulin with the photoreceptor cGMP phosphodiesterase gamma-subunit. Neurosci Lett. 2010;482:225-9 pubmed publisher..We also observed that PDE gamma interacted with tubulin in a GTP-dependent manner. Our findings offer implications for non-phototransduction role(s) of PDE gamma in the photoreceptor neurons. ..
- Cheng G, Kasiganesan H, Baicu C, Wallenborn J, Kuppuswamy D, Cooper G. Cytoskeletal role in protection of the failing heart by ?-adrenergic blockade. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H675-87 pubmed publisher..Thus these data provide both a specific etiology and a specific remedy for the abnormal microtubule network found in some forms of pathological cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Meng F, Sachs F. Orientation-based FRET sensor for real-time imaging of cellular forces. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:743-50 pubmed publisher..cpstFRET can be employed in vitro, in vivo and in situ, and when incorporated into biologically expressed extracellular polymers such as collagen, it can report multidimensional stress fields. ..
- Clark K, Savick K, Butler J. Babesia microti in rodents and raccoons from northeast Florida. J Parasitol. 2012;98:1117-21 pubmed publisher..microti sensu lato. The results of this study suggest that B. microti is prevalent among cotton rats and raccoons at some sites in northeast Florida and may pose a risk to humans in the region...
- Nikolakopoulou A, Dutta R, Chen Z, Miller R, Trapp B. Activated microglia enhance neurogenesis via trypsinogen secretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:8714-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively our data provide evidence that activated microglia increase neurogenesis through secretion of PRSS2. ..
- García Hernández S, Potashner S, Morest D. Role of fibroblast growth factor 8 in neurite outgrowth from spiral ganglion neurons in vitro. Brain Res. 2013;1529:39-45 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that, besides its morphogenetic role during development, FGF8 may have trophic functions in the adult which are relevant to regeneration. ..
- Chen D, Xu W, He P, Medrano E, Whiteheart S. Gaf-1, a gamma -SNAP-binding protein associated with the mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13127-35 pubmed..These data identify a class of gamma-SNAP interactions that is distinct from other members of the SNAP family and point to a potential role for gamma-SNAP in mitochondrial dynamics. ..
- Chien J, He X, Shridhar V. Identification of tubulins as substrates of serine protease HtrA1 by mixture-based oriented peptide library screening. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:253-63 pubmed publisher..These results provide initial insights into substrate identification and functional characterization of HtrA1 in pathogenesis of various diseases. ..
- Zheng Y, Jung M, Oakley B. Gamma-tubulin is present in Drosophila melanogaster and Homo sapiens and is associated with the centrosome. Cell. 1991;65:817-23 pubmed
- Yan Y, Dempsey R, Sun D. Na+-K+-Cl- cotransporter in rat focal cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2001;21:711-21 pubmed..05). In addition, brain water content in the bumetanide-treated brains was decreased by 70% (P < 0.05). These results strongly suggest that the Na+-K+-Cl- cotransporter may play an important role in cerebral ischemic neuronal damage. ..
- Dent E, Kalil K. Axon branching requires interactions between dynamic microtubules and actin filaments. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9757-69 pubmed..However, these treatments do cause undirected axon outgrowth. These results suggest that interactions between dynamic microtubules and actin filaments are required for axon branching and directed axon outgrowth. ..
- Huang L, Guo H, Hellard D, Katz D. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is required for differentiation of pontine noradrenergic neurons and patterning of central respiratory output. Neuroscience. 2005;130:95-105 pubmed
- Cho H, Liu Y, Gomez M, Dunlap J, Tyers M, Wang Y. The dual-specificity phosphatase CDC14B bundles and stabilizes microtubules. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4541-51 pubmed..CDC14B is thus a novel microtubule-bundling and -stabilizing protein, whose regulated subcellular localization may help modulate spindle and microtubule dynamics in mitosis. ..
- Liu L, Wiese C. Xenopus NEDD1 is required for microtubule organization in Xenopus egg extracts. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:578-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that the main function of NEDD1 in Xenopus is in microtubule organization. ..
- Hertzer K, Walczak C. The C-termini of tubulin and the specific geometry of tubulin substrates influence the depolymerization activity of MCAK. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2727-37 pubmed
- Ferrell N, Desai R, Fleischman A, Roy S, Humes H, Fissell W. A microfluidic bioreactor with integrated transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) measurement electrodes for evaluation of renal epithelial cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2010;107:707-16 pubmed publisher..This bioreactor design provides an instrumented platform with physiologically meaningful flow conditions to study various epithelial cell transport processes. ..
- Gordon S, Buxar R. Inhibition of cytoskeletal reorganization stimulates actin and tubulin syntheses during injury-induced cell migration in the corneal endothelium. J Cell Biochem. 1997;67:409-21 pubmed..Disrupting this disassembly/reassembly process prevents cytoskeletal restructuring and leads to the subsequent initiation of actin and tubulin syntheses, as a result of increased transcriptional activity. ..
- Martinka S, Bruggeman L. Persistent NF-kappaB activation in renal epithelial cells in a mouse model of HIV-associated nephropathy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F657-65 pubmed..In addition, because NF-kappaB regulates many aspects of inflammation, this dysregulation may also contribute to disease severity and progression through regulation of proinflammatory processes in the kidney microenvironment...
- Gerhold R, Yabsley M, Smith A, Ostergaard E, Mannan W, Cann J, et al. Molecular characterization of the Trichomonas gallinae morphologic complex in the United States. J Parasitol. 2008;94:1335-41 pubmed publisher..gallinae isolates were found in all sampled states. Both T. vaginalis-like and T. gallinae isolates were involved in trichomoniasis outbreaks in California and Arizona...
- Xiong Y, Oakley B. In vivo analysis of the functions of gamma-tubulin-complex proteins. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4218-27 pubmed publisher..All GCPs localize normally in a GCPE deletion. We propose a model for the structure of the gamma-tubulin complex and its attachment to polar microtubule organizing centers...
- Zhu M, Horbinski C, Garzotto M, Qian D, Beer T, Kyprianou N. Tubulin-targeting chemotherapy impairs androgen receptor activity in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:7992-8002 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that in addition to blocking cell division, docetaxel impairs AR signaling, evidence that enables new insights into the therapeutic efficacy of microtubule-targeting drugs in prostate cancer. ..
- Li M, Zheng W. Probing the structural and energetic basis of kinesin-microtubule binding using computational alanine-scanning mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8645-55 pubmed publisher..The mutations of these residues are predicted to fine-tune the motility of kinesin by modulating the conformational transition between the ADP state and the ATP state of kinesin. ..
- Cai J, Tuong C, Zhang Y, Shields C, Guo G, Fu H, et al. Mouse intermittent hypoxia mimicking apnoea of prematurity: effects on myelinogenesis and axonal maturation. J Pathol. 2012;226:495-508 pubmed publisher..The region-selective and complex impairment in brain white matter induced by intermittent hypoxia was further associated with electrophysiological changes that may underlie long-term neurobehavioural sequelae. ..
- Lobert S, Graichen M, Morris K. Coordinated regulation of ?-tubulin isotypes and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition protein ZEB1 in breast cancer cells. Biochemistry. 2013;52:5482-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in aggressive breast cancers, as modeled by MDA-MB-231 cells, ?-tubulin class III is a biomarker for cell survival mediated through ZEB1-induced tumor progression pathways. ..
- Rymut S, Harker A, Corey D, Burgess J, Sun H, Clancy J, et al. Reduced microtubule acetylation in cystic fibrosis epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;305:L419-31 pubmed publisher..F508del CFTR correction with C18 in primary airway epithelial cells restores MT acetylation and cholesterol transport. A significant role for phosphatidyl inositol-3 kinase p110α is also identified as a regulator of MT acetylation. ..
- Denu R, Zasadil L, Kanugh C, Laffin J, Weaver B, Burkard M. Centrosome amplification induces high grade features and is prognostic of worse outcomes in breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:47 pubmed publisher..CA promotes high-risk breast cancer in part by inducing high-grade features. These findings highlight the importance of centrosome aberrations in the biology of human breast cancer. ..
- Duan A, Jonasson E, Alberico E, Li C, Scripture J, Miller R, et al. Interactions between Tau and Different Conformations of Tubulin: Implications for Tau Function and Mechanism. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1424-1438 pubmed publisher..We propose that Tau's GDP preference allows the cell to independently regulate the dynamics of the MT tip and the stability of the lattice. ..
- Jones K, Chevrette M, Shapero M, Fournier R. Generation of region- and species-specific expressed gene probes from somatic cell hybrids. Nat Genet. 1992;1:278-83 pubmed..The enriched probe was used to screen a human cDNA library, and nine expressed genes from within the non-overlap region were obtained. This method should be useful for cloning active human genes from defined chromosome segments. ..
- Yaffe M, Farr G, Miklos D, Horwich A, Sternlicht M, Sternlicht H. TCP1 complex is a molecular chaperone in tubulin biogenesis. Nature. 1992;358:245-8 pubmed..We conclude that TCP1 functions as a cytosolic chaperone in the biogenesis of tubulin. ..
- Oakley B. An abundance of tubulins. Trends Cell Biol. 2000;10:537-42 pubmed..delta-Tubulin has an important role in flagellar assembly in Chlamydomonas, but its role in other organisms is just beginning to be investigated, as are the functions of the recently discovered epsilon- and zeta-tubulins...
- Rokas A, King N, Finnerty J, Carroll S. Conflicting phylogenetic signals at the base of the metazoan tree. Evol Dev. 2003;5:346-59 pubmed..These factors raise concerns about the ability to resolve the phylogenetic history of animals with molecular sequences. A consensus view of animal evolution may require investigations of genome-scale characters. ..
- Broome A, Eckert R. Microtubule-dependent redistribution of a cytoplasmic cornified envelope precursor. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:29-38 pubmed..Staining of epidermal tissue sections from uninvolved and psoriatic epidermis reveals strong staining at the cell periphery in the majority of suprabasal cells, confirming a peripheral distribution of S100A11 in vivo. ..
- Dolnick R, Wu Q, Angelino N, Stephanie L, Chow K, Sufrin J, et al. Enhancement of 5-fluorouracil sensitivity by an rTS signaling mimic in H630 colon cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5917-24 pubmed
- Peterson S, Horn B. Penicillium parvulum and Penicillium georgiense, sp. nov., isolated from the conidial heads of Aspergillus species. Mycologia. 2009;101:71-83 pubmed..Some proposed synonymies from prior studies were examined and resolved. ..
- Cooper J, Wagenbach M, Asbury C, Wordeman L. Catalysis of the microtubule on-rate is the major parameter regulating the depolymerase activity of MCAK. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:77-82 pubmed publisher..The reported kinetics for these events predicts a nonspecific binding mechanism that may represent a paradigm for the diffusive interaction of many microtubule-binding proteins. ..
- Douglas escobar M, Rossignol C, Steindler D, Zheng T, Weiss M. Neurotrophin-induced migration and neuronal differentiation of multipotent astrocytic stem cells in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51706 pubmed publisher..Due to this finding, we believed neurotrophins could guide migration and differentiation of stem cell transplants after brain injury. ..
- Ghosh S, Wu M, Shaftel S, Kyrkanides S, LaFerla F, Olschowka J, et al. Sustained interleukin-1? overexpression exacerbates tau pathology despite reduced amyloid burden in an Alzheimer's mouse model. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5053-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, neuroinflammation regulates amyloid and tau pathology in opposing ways, suggesting that it provides a link between amyloid accumulation and changes in tau and raising concerns about the use of immunomodulatory therapies in AD. ..
- Ovechkina Y, Maddox P, Oakley C, Xiang X, Osmani S, Salmon E, et al. Spindle formation in Aspergillus is coupled to tubulin movement into the nucleus. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2192-200 pubmed..nidulans. They suggest that regulation of protein movement into the nucleoplasm may be important for regulating mitotic onset in organisms with intranuclear mitosis...
- Brown R, Lemmon B, Horio T. Gamma-tubulin localization changes from discrete polar organizers to anastral spindles and phragmoplasts in mitosis of Marchantia polymorpha L. Protoplasma. 2004;224:187-93 pubmed..These data show that gamma-tubulin is only briefly concentrated in the PO, migrates in a cell-cycle-specific manner, and is consistently present at all putative sites of microtubule nucleation...
- Lovell M, Geiger H, Van Zant G, Lynn B, Markesbery W. Isolation of neural precursor cells from Alzheimer's disease and aged control postmortem brain. Neurobiol Aging. 2006;27:909-17 pubmed..These results raise the possibility of stimulation of inherent precursor cells of aged individuals or AD patients to replace neurons lost in aging and/or neurodegeneration. ..
- Ganem N, Upton K, Compton D. Efficient mitosis in human cells lacking poleward microtubule flux. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1827-32 pubmed
- Ghosh J, Houck S, Clark J. Interactive domains in the molecular chaperone human alphaB crystallin modulate microtubule assembly and disassembly. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e498 pubmed..These are the first experimental results in support of the functional importance of the dynamic subunit model of small heat shock proteins. ..
- Siebert K, Lorenzen M, Brown S, Park Y, Beeman R. Tubulin superfamily genes in Tribolium castaneum and the use of a Tubulin promoter to drive transgene expression. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;38:749-55 pubmed publisher..We also examined the TcalphaTub1 expression pattern in germline transformants using the enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) reporter. Beetles transformed with this piggyBac-based reporter ubiquitously expressed EGFP at all stages...
- Bakhoum S, Thompson S, Manning A, Compton D. Genome stability is ensured by temporal control of kinetochore-microtubule dynamics. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:27-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, temporal control of microtubule attachment to chromosomes during mitosis is central to genome stability in human cells. ..
- Schluep T, Gunawan P, Ma L, Jensen G, Duringer J, Hinton S, et al. Polymeric tubulysin-peptide nanoparticles with potent antitumor activity. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:181-9 pubmed publisher..Cyclodextrin polymerized nanoparticles are an enabling technology for the safe and effective delivery of tubulysins for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Simeonov D, Kenny K, Seo L, Moyer A, Allen J, Paluh J. Distinct Kinesin-14 mitotic mechanisms in spindle bipolarity. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3571-83 pubmed..Our analysis is the first to demonstrate distinct mechanisms between SpPkl1 and DmNcd, and reveal that HsHSET shares functional overlap in spindle pole mechanisms. ..
- Pilhofer M, Ladinsky M, McDowall A, Petroni G, Jensen G. Microtubules in bacteria: Ancient tubulins build a five-protofilament homolog of the eukaryotic cytoskeleton. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001213 pubmed publisher..Since we show that bacterial microtubules can be produced in abundance in vitro without chaperones, they should be useful tools for tubulin research and drug screening. ..
- Hecht N. Gene expression during spermatogenesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1987;513:90-101 pubmed
- Weinstock R, Saville C, Messina J. Role of cytosolic calcium in regulation of cytoskeletal gene expression by insulin. Am J Physiol. 1993;264:E519-25 pubmed..This suggests that the regulation of gene transcription by insulin may include calcium-dependent pathways but strongly implies that calcium-independent pathways are also utilized...
- Nguyen T, Vinh D, Crawford D, Davis T. A genetic analysis of interactions with Spc110p reveals distinct functions of Spc97p and Spc98p, components of the yeast gamma-tubulin complex. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:2201-16 pubmed..Moreover, an interaction between Spc98p and the amino-terminal region of Spc110p is a critical component of the linkage, whereas the interaction between Spc97p and Spc110p is dependent on Spc98p. ..
- Giannini C, Scheithauer B, Lopes M, Hirose T, Kros J, VandenBerg S. Immunophenotype of pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:479-85 pubmed..We found no evidence that the former is a precursor of the latter. ..
- Walgren J, Vincent T, Schey K, Buse M. High glucose and insulin promote O-GlcNAc modification of proteins, including alpha-tubulin. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E424-34 pubmed..In conclusion, in L6 myotubes, Sp1, membrane-associated HSP70, and alpha-tubulin are O-GlcNAcylated; the modification is markedly enhanced by sustained increased glucose flux. ..
- Brown R, Lemmon B. gamma-Tubulin, microtubule arrays, and quadripolarity during sporogenesis in the hepatic Aneura pinguis (Metzgeriales). J Plant Res. 2004;117:371-6 pubmed..Interzonal phragmoplasts that expand to join with pre-established cleavage furrows mediate cytokinesis resulting in a tetrad of spores. Each young tetrad member has a radial microtubule system emanating from the nucleus...
- Caron J, Herwood M. Vinblastine, a chemotherapeutic drug, inhibits palmitoylation of tubulin in human leukemic lymphocytes. Chemotherapy. 2007;53:51-8 pubmed..This study identifies a previously unknown mechanism of action of vinblastine, the depalmitoylation of tubulin, and suggests that depalmitoylation of tubulin may be a target for new chemotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Duncan I, Bugiani M, Radcliff A, Moran J, Lopez Anido C, Duong P, et al. A mutation in the Tubb4a gene leads to microtubule accumulation with hypomyelination and demyelination. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:690-702 pubmed publisher..The finding of microtubule accumulation in a patient with a TUBB4A mutation and leukodystrophy confirms the usefulness of taiep as a model of the human disease. Ann Neurol 2017;81:690-702. ..
- Patel R, Jacobs Lorena M. Cis-acting sequences in the 5'-untranslated region of the ribosomal protein A1 mRNA mediate its translational regulation during early embryogenesis of Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1159-64 pubmed..The results indicated that a 89-nucleotide sequence in the untranslated rpA1 mRNA leader is by itself sufficient to confer full translational regulation to a heterologous mRNA. ..
- Vasile S, Coligan J, Yoshida M, Seon B. Isolation and chemical characterization of the human B29 and mb-1 proteins of the B cell antigen receptor complex. Mol Immunol. 1994;31:419-27 pubmed..In addition, we found that there is a strong amino acid sequence homology between the microtubule-binding domains of certain human microtubule-associated proteins and an intracellular segment of the human mb-1 protein. ..
- Takahashi M, Shiraishi H, Ishibashi Y, Blade K, McDermott P, Menick D, et al. Phenotypic consequences of beta1-tubulin expression and MAP4 decoration of microtubules in adult cardiocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H2072-83 pubmed
- Sotirova V, Calciano M, Krueger W, Lalande M. Inclusion of a matrix-attached region in a 7SK pol III vector increases the efficiency of shRNA-mediated gene silencing in embryonic carcinoma cells. Plasmid. 2006;55:216-26 pubmed
- Morgan R, Werbovetz K. Selective lead compounds against kinetoplastid tubulin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;625:33-47 pubmed publisher..Selective lead compounds against kinetoplastid tubulin have been identified that could represent a starting point for the development of new drug candidates against these parasites. ..
- Nemere I, Leathers V, Thompson B, Luben R, Norman A. Redistribution of calbindin-D28k in chick intestine in response to calcium transport. Endocrinology. 1991;129:2972-84 pubmed..Additionally, calbindin-D28K is dynamically involved in Ca2+ transport in the intestine. ..
- Mukherjee A, Lutkenhaus J. Guanine nucleotide-dependent assembly of FtsZ into filaments. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:2754-8 pubmed..FtsZ3, which is unable to bind GTP, does not polymerize, whereas FtsZ2, which binds GTP but is deficient in GTP hydrolysis, is capable of polymerization. ..
- Keating T, Borisy G. Immunostructural evidence for the template mechanism of microtubule nucleation. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:352-7 pubmed..Together, these results strongly favour the template model of microtubule nucleation. ..
- Strome S, Powers J, Dunn M, Reese K, Malone C, White J, et al. Spindle dynamics and the role of gamma-tubulin in early Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1751-64 pubmed..Our results suggest that gamma-tubulin is not absolutely required for microtubule nucleation in C. elegans but is required for the normal organization and function of kinetochore and interpolar microtubules. ..
- Gerbod D, Sanders E, Moriya S, Noël C, Takasu H, Fast N, et al. Molecular phylogenies of Parabasalia inferred from four protein genes and comparison with rRNA trees. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;31:572-80 pubmed..e., species-specific) and not a problem for phylogeny reconstruction. Only for enolase are there more ancient duplications that may confound phylogenetic interpretation...
- Rane M, Gozal D, Butt W, Gozal E, Pierce W, Guo S, et al. Gamma-amino butyric acid type B receptors stimulate neutrophil chemotaxis during ischemia-reperfusion. J Immunol. 2005;174:7242-9 pubmed..The GABA(B)R potentially plays a significant role in the inflammatory response and neutrophil-dependent ischemia-reperfusion injury such as stroke. ..
- McGannon P, Miyazaki Y, Gupta P, Traboulsi E, Colmenares C. Ocular abnormalities in mice lacking the Ski proto-oncogene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:4231-7 pubmed..This study involved a novel mouse model of PHPV, generated by a null mutation of the Ski proto-oncogene, that displays other anterior segment and retinal malformations often found in human cases of PHPV...
- Cilloniz C, Jackson W, Grose C, Czechowski D, Hay J, Ruyechan W. The varicella-zoster virus (VZV) ORF9 protein interacts with the IE62 major VZV transactivator. J Virol. 2007;81:761-74 pubmed..These data suggest a model for ORF9 protein function involving complex formation with IE62 and possibly other tegument proteins in the cytoplasm at late times in infection. ..
- Qiu H, Zhu Y, Sun Z, Trzeciakowski J, Gansner M, Depre C, et al. Short communication: vascular smooth muscle cell stiffness as a mechanism for increased aortic stiffness with aging. Circ Res. 2010;107:615-9 pubmed publisher..0 kPa) than in young (13.7+/-2.4 kPa). These data support the novel concept, not appreciated previously, that increased vascular stiffness with aging is attributable not only to changes in ECM but also to intrinsic changes in VSMCs. ..
- Gerhold R, Lollis L, McDougald L, Beckstead R. Partial sequence of the alpha-tubulin gene from Histomonas meleagridis isolates from the United States. J Parasitol. 2011;97:354-6 pubmed publisher..Further ?-tubulin gene analysis from species in the Dientamoebidae will be useful in elucidating the evolutionary relationship of these protozoans. ..
- Xi J, Zhu X, Feng Y, Huang N, Luo G, Mao Y, et al. Development of a novel class of tubulin inhibitors with promising anticancer activities. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:856-64 pubmed publisher..This study supports the continued development of novel anti-tubulin assembly inhibitors as potential anticancer agents. ..
- DelÃ©pine C, Meziane H, Nectoux J, Opitz M, Smith A, Ballatore C, et al. Altered microtubule dynamics and vesicular transport in mouse and human MeCP2-deficient astrocytes. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:146-57 pubmed publisher..These findings represent a first step toward the validation of an innovative treatment for RTT. ..