Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on trophoblasts in Japan
- Ito K, Karasawa M, Kawano T, Akasaka T, Koseki H, Akutsu Y, et al. Involvement of decidual Valpha14 NKT cells in abortion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:740-4 pubmed..The possible role of the decidual Valpha14 NKT cells in the pathogenesis of abortion is discussed. ..
- Nakamura H, Takeshima H, Makino K, Kuratsu J. C-kit expression in germinoma: an immunohistochemistry-based study. J Neurooncol. 2005;75:163-7 pubmed..The soluble isoform of c-kit (s-kit) is reportedly detectable in cerebral spinal fluid of patients with germinomas and germinomas with STGC. C-kit and s-kit may be powerful tumor markers for germinomas with or without STGC...
- Hatano N, Mori Y, Oh Hora M, Kosugi A, Fujikawa T, Nakai N, et al. Essential role for ERK2 mitogen-activated protein kinase in placental development. Genes Cells. 2003;8:847-56 pubmed..These observations indicate that ERK2 is essential for placental development and suggest that ERK2 in the trophoblast compartment may be indispensable for the vascularization of the labyrinth. ..
- Simamura E, Shimada H, Higashi N, Uchishiba M, Otani H, Hatta T. Maternal leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) promotes fetal neurogenesis via a LIF-ACTH-LIF signaling relay pathway. Endocrinology. 2010;151:1853-62 pubmed publisher..5 but not GD13.5 or GD17.5. These results suggest that in rats maternal LIF induces ACTH from the placenta, which in turn induces fetal nucleated red blood cells to secrete LIF that finally increases neurogenesis in fetuses around GD15. ..
- Nakamura O. Children's immunology, what can we learn from animal studies (1): Decidual cells induce specific immune system of feto-maternal interface. J Toxicol Sci. 2009;34 Suppl 2:SP331-9 pubmed..Each immunocytes are not identified on their function, compose network with the decidual cells under progesterone existence, and interact with the success of pregnancy. ..
- Spaans F, Kao C, Morton J, Quon A, Sawamura T, Tannetta D, et al. Syncytiotrophoblast extracellular vesicles impair rat uterine vascular function via the lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180364 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we postulate that the LOX-1 pathway could be a potential therapeutic target in pathologies associated with vascular dysfunction during pregnancy. ..
- Maruo T, Ladines Llave C, Matsuo H, Manalo A, Mochizuki M. A novel change in cytologic localization of human chorionic gonadotropin and human placental lactogen in first-trimester placenta in the course of gestation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992;167:217-22 pubmed
- Takayama M, Isaka K, Funayama H, Suzuki Y, Akiya K, Bohn H. Comparative study of placental protein 19, human chorionic gonadotrophin and pregnancy-specific beta 1-glycoprotein as immunohistochemical markers for extravillous trophoblast in pregnancy and trophoblastic disease. Histochemistry. 1989;93:167-73 pubmed..XST and ICT in the endosalpinx of tubal pregnancy stained for all three proteins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Higuchi T, Kanzaki H, Nakayama H, Fujimoto M, Hatayama H, Kojima K, et al. Induction of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 3 gene expression during in vitro decidualization of human endometrial stromal cells. Endocrinology. 1995;136:4973-81 pubmed..These findings suggest that TIMP-3 is a sensitive indicator of ESC decidualization, and that the induction of TIMP-3 expression in decidual cells and trophoblasts may be important in the regulation of trophoblast invasion. ..
- Kojima K, Kanzaki H, Iwai M, Hatayama H, Fujimoto M, Narukawa S, et al. Expression of leukaemia inhibitory factor (LIF) receptor in human placenta: a possible role for LIF in the growth and differentiation of trophoblasts. Hum Reprod. 1995;10:1907-11 pubmed..These findings suggest that LIF plays a regulatory role in trophoblast growth and differentiation during pregnancy in human placenta. ..
- Nishi H, Ohyashiki K, Fujito A, Yahata N, Ohyashiki J, Isaka K, et al. Expression of telomerase subunits and localization of telomerase activation in hydatidiform mole. Placenta. 1999;20:317-23 pubmed..Upregulation of TERT expression may thus play an important role in telomerase reactivation...
- Hirano T, Higuchi T, Ueda M, Inoue T, Kataoka N, Maeda M, et al. CD9 is expressed in extravillous trophoblasts in association with integrin alpha3 and integrin alpha5. Mol Hum Reprod. 1999;5:162-7 pubmed..Since it is associated with integrin alpha5 which has been proposed to regulate trophoblast invasion, CD9 may be implicated in trophoblast invasion at the feto-maternal interface. ..
- Azuma M, Kanai Y, Ogura A, Kurohmaru M, Hayashi Y. Effect of placental soluble factors on growth and differentiation of mouse ectoplacental cone in vitro. J Vet Med Sci. 1991;53:839-45 pubmed..5-day medium among the groups examined. These results indicate that certain placental factors at mid-gestation, especially on day 10.5 pc, may facilitate the EPC differentiation. ..
- Uzumaki H, Okabe T, Sasaki N, Hagiwara K, Takaku F, Tobita M, et al. Identification and characterization of receptors for granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on human placenta and trophoblastic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:9323-6 pubmed
- Shibukawa Y, Yamazaki N, Kumasawa K, Daimon E, Tajiri M, Okada Y, et al. Calponin 3 regulates actin cytoskeleton rearrangement in trophoblastic cell fusion. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3973-84 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CNN3 regulates actin cytoskeleton rearrangement which is required for the plasma membranes of trophoblasts to become fusion competent. ..
- Sugimura S, Akai T, Somfai T, Hirayama M, Aikawa Y, Ohtake M, et al. Time-lapse cinematography-compatible polystyrene-based microwell culture system: a novel tool for tracking the development of individual bovine embryos. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:970-8 pubmed publisher..3%). These results suggest that our microwell culture system is a powerful tool for producing and selecting healthy embryos and for identifying viability biomarkers. ..
- Sasagawa M, Yamazaki T, Endo M, Kanazawa K, Takeuchi S. Immunohistochemical localization of HLA antigens and placental proteins (alpha hCG, beta hCG CTP, hPL and SP1 in villous and extravillous trophoblast in normal human pregnancy: a distinctive pathway of differentiation of extravillous trophoblast. Placenta. 1987;8:515-28 pubmed
- Kimura H, Takeda T, Tanaka S, Ogawa T, Shiota K. Expression of rat DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase (DNA MTase) in rodent trophoblast giant cells: molecular cloning and characterization of rat DNA MTase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;253:495-501 pubmed..The Rcho-1 cells would be a valuable model for studying the regulation of gene expression and function of DNA MTase in postmitotic, differentiated cells. ..
- Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Hosoe M, Kizaki K, Hashizume K. Characterization and expression analysis of SOLD1, a novel member of the retrotransposon-derived Ly-6 superfamily, in bovine placental villi. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5814 pubmed publisher..SOLD1 is a crucial secreted protein that is involved in the organization of the mesenchyme of the cotyledonary villi. Furthermore, the gene encoding SOLD1 has an interesting genomic structure. ..
- Abe E, Matsubara K, Oka K, Kusanagi Y, Ito M. Cytokine regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression on trophoblasts in preeclampsia. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2008;66:27-33 pubmed publisher..TNFalpha also enhanced ICAM-1 expression on TRs through nuclear factor-kappaB activation. We conclude that ICAM-1 expressed on TRs is involved in PE pathogenesis and is regulated by cytokines. ..
- Kobara H, Miyamoto T, Suzuki A, Asaka R, Yamada Y, Ishikawa K, et al. Lipocalin2 enhances the matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity and invasion of extravillous trophoblasts under hypoxia. Placenta. 2013;34:1036-43 pubmed publisher..In this study, the expression and function of LCN2 in early placenta were analyzed...
- Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Kaneyama K, Hosoe M, Hashizume K. Cloning of the bovine antiapoptotic regulator, BCL2-related protein A1, and its expression in trophoblastic binucleate cells of bovine placenta. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:344-51 pubmed..BCL2A1 genes produced a BCL2A1 protein in the mammalian cell-expression system. This molecule is a new candidate for antiapoptotic maintenance of the binucleate cells that support placental functions throughout gestation in bovine. ..
- Tamai Y, Ishikawa T, Bösl M, Mori M, Nozaki M, Baribault H, et al. Cytokeratins 8 and 19 in the mouse placental development. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:563-72 pubmed..These results indicate that K19 and K8 cooperate in ensuring the normal development of placental tissues. ..
- Nakano H, Shimada A, Imai K, Takahashi T, Hashizume K. The cytoplasmic expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin in bovine trophoblasts during binucleate cell differentiation. Placenta. 2005;26:393-401 pubmed
- Iwai K, Shibukawa Y, Yamazaki N, Wada Y. Transglutaminase 2-dependent deamidation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase promotes trophoblastic cell fusion. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4989-99 pubmed publisher..Considering that GAPDH binds F-actin via an electrostatic interaction and that the cytoskeleton is rearranged in trophoblastic cell fusion, TG2-dependent GAPDH deamidation was suggested to participate in actin cytoskeletal remodeling. ..
- Nishi H, Nakada T, Kyo S, Inoue M, Shay J, Isaka K. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 mediates upregulation of telomerase (hTERT). Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6076-83 pubmed
- Uekita T, Kim Y, Yamanouchi K, Tojo H, Tachi C. Dynamics of betaig-h3 mRNA expression during pregnancy in the uterus and the placenta of the mouse: a possible regulatory factor for trophoblastic invasion. J Reprod Dev. 2003;49:243-52 pubmed..These findings suggest that betaig-h3 might play a role in regulating the invasiveness of trophoblast cells during implantation and placentation of hemochorial type when extensive trophoblastic invasion of the endometrium takes place. ..
- Koshi K, Nakaya Y, Kizaki K, Ishiguro Oonuma T, Miyazawa T, Spencer T, et al. Induction of ovine trophoblast cell fusion by fematrin-1 in vitro. Anim Sci J. 2016;87:419-22 pubmed publisher..Some fusion cells showed multinucleate cells. These results imply that fematrin-1 is involved in the formation of trophoblast hybrid cells even in different species trophoblastic cells. ..
- Shimoya K, Matsuzaki N, Taniguchi T, Kameda T, Koyama M, Neki R, et al. Human placenta constitutively produces interleukin-8 during pregnancy and enhances its production in intrauterine infection. Biol Reprod. 1992;47:220-6 pubmed..IL-8 produced by the placental cells might contribute to potentiation of the immunocompetence of placental cells against bacteria invading the fetoplacental unit. ..
- Mishra B, Koshi K, Kizaki K, Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Hosoe M, et al. Expression of ADAMTS1 mRNA in bovine endometrium and placenta during gestation. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2013;45:43-8 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that ADAMTS1 participates in bovine endometrial remodeling, which is required for implantation and placental development in coordination with ovarian steroids. ..
- Nishimura T, Yagi R, Usuda M, Oda K, Yamazaki M, Suda S, et al. System A amino acid transporter SNAT2 shows subtype-specific affinity for betaine and hyperosmotic inducibility in placental trophoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:1306-12 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SNAT2 transports betaine, and that tonicity-sensitive SNAT2 expression may be involved in regulation of betaine concentration in placental trophoblasts. ..
- Uekita T, Tanaka S, Sato H, Seiki M, Tojo H, Tachi C. Expression of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) mRNA in trophoblast and endometrial epithelial cell populations of the synepitheliochorial placenta of goats (Capra hircus). Arch Histol Cytol. 2001;64:411-24 pubmed..The high levels of MT1-MMP expression in the endometrial epithelial cell populations might reflect extensive remodeling during gestation...
- Fujii T, Moriyasu S, Hirayama H, Hashizume T, Sawai K. Aberrant expression patterns of genes involved in segregation of inner cell mass and trophectoderm lineages in bovine embryos derived from somatic cell nuclear transfer. Cell Reprogram. 2010;12:617-25 pubmed publisher..These results raise the possibility that abnormalities in the cloned fetus and placenta are related to the aberrant expression of genes involved in segregation and differentiation process in the early developmental stage...
- Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Hosoe M, Kizaki K, Hashizume K. Cloning and expression of SOLD1 in ovine and caprine placenta, and their expected roles during the development of placentomes. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:9 pubmed publisher..SOLD1 is produced specifically in the cotyledons and intercotyledonary membranes in ruminants and appears to be involved in the construction of the ruminant placenta...
- Pryor Koishi K, Nishizawa H, Kato T, Kogo H, Murakami T, Tsuchida K, et al. Overproduction of the follistatin-related gene protein in the placenta and maternal serum of women with pre-eclampsia. BJOG. 2007;114:1128-37 pubmed..Our current data show the placental and secretory changes of FLRG protein in pre-eclampsia, and also indicate the potential usefulness of FLRG as an additional diagnostic marker for pre-eclampsia. ..
- Asanoma K, Kato H, Yamaguchi S, Shin C, Liu Z, Kato K, et al. HOP/NECC1, a novel regulator of mouse trophoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24065-74 pubmed
- Asanoma K, Kato H, Inoue T, Matsuda T, Wake N. Analysis of a candidate gene associated with growth suppression of choriocarcinoma and differentiation of trophoblasts. J Reprod Med. 2004;49:617-26 pubmed..Our results suggest that loss of NECC1 expression is involved in malignant conversion of placental trophoblasts. ..
- Kataoka H, Meng J, Itoh H, Hamasuna R, Shimomura T, Suganuma T, et al. Localization of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 in Langhans' cells of human placenta. Histochem Cell Biol. 2000;114:469-75 pubmed..The localization of HAI-I in the proliferating trophoblastic stem cells (Langhans' cells), but not in syncytiotrophoblasts and extravillous trophoblasts, suggest a possible role of HAI-1 in the proliferation of trophoblasts. ..
- Ohshima K, Nakashima M, Sonoda K, Kikuchi M, Watanabe T. Expression of RCAS1 and FasL in human trophoblasts and uterine glands during pregnancy: the possible role in immune privilege. Clin Exp Immunol. 2001;123:481-6 pubmed..Thus, expression of RCAS1 and FasL in the uterine glands and cytotrophoblasts may play a role in the downregulation of the maternal immune response, thereby maintaining pregnancy at early stage. ..
- Ishitani A, Sageshima N, Lee N, Dorofeeva N, Hatake K, Marquardt H, et al. Protein expression and peptide binding suggest unique and interacting functional roles for HLA-E, F, and G in maternal-placental immune recognition. J Immunol. 2003;171:1376-84 pubmed
- Shimoya K, Zhang Q, Tenma K, Ota Y, Hashimoto K, Shizusawa Y, et al. Fractalkine (FRK) levels in amniotic fluid and its production during pregnancy. Mol Hum Reprod. 2003;9:97-101 pubmed..CX(3)CR1-positive cells had migrated into the amniotic fluid and the amnion. The present findings suggest that fractalkine found in amniotic fluid may contribute to the immunodefence mechanism during pregnancy. ..