Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Germany
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications753 found, 100 shown here
- Kiefer M, Eymann R, Steudel W. Outcome predictors for normal-pressure hydrocephalus. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2006;96:364-7 pubmed
- Kleber M, Ihorst G, Deschler B, Jakob C, Liebisch P, Koch B, et al. Detection of renal impairment as one specific comorbidity factor in multiple myeloma: multicenter study in 198 consecutive patients. Eur J Haematol. 2009;83:519-27 pubmed publisher..eGFR in combination with beta(2)-MG allows definitive risk stratification with largely differing survival in MM. ..
- Matthes S, Mosienko V, Bashammakh S, Alenina N, Bader M. Tryptophan hydroxylase as novel target for the treatment of depressive disorders. Pharmacology. 2010;85:95-109 pubmed publisher..This paper summarizes the data which support TPH2 as novel drug target and discusses strategies for its pharmacological exploitation. ..
- Langner S, Fleck S, Seipel R, Schroeder H, Hosten N, Kirsch M. Perfusion CT scanning and CT angiography in the evaluation of extracranial-intracranial bypass grafts. J Neurosurg. 2011;114:978-83 pubmed publisher..Hemodynamic evaluation of patients with occlusive cerebrovascular disease before and after surgery may improve the prediction of outcome and may help identify patients in whom a bypass procedure can be performed. ..
- Moosmann N, von Weikersthal L, Vehling Kaiser U, Stauch M, Hass H, Dietzfelbinger H, et al. Cetuximab plus capecitabine and irinotecan compared with cetuximab plus capecitabine and oxaliplatin as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: AIO KRK-0104--a randomized trial of the German AIO CRC study group. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:1050-8 pubmed publisher..This randomized trial demonstrates that the addition of cetuximab to CAPIRI or CAPOX is effective and safe in first-line treatment of mCRC. In the analyzed regimens, ORR and PFS did not differ according to KRAS gene mutation status. ..
- Bausback Y, Botsios S, Flux J, Werner M, Schuster J, Aithal J, et al. Outback catheter for femoropopliteal occlusions: immediate and long-term results. J Endovasc Ther. 2011;18:13-21 pubmed publisher..Restenosis rates are high, which may be due to the severity and extent of disease in these patients, who are particularly challenging. ..
- Lauten M, Möricke A, Beier R, Zimmermann M, Stanulla M, Meissner B, et al. Prediction of outcome by early bone marrow response in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated in the ALL-BFM 95 trial: differential effects in precursor B-cell and T-cell leukemia. Haematologica. 2012;97:1048-56 pubmed publisher
- Schweigert M, Solymosi N, Dubecz A, Beron M, Thumfart L, Oefner Velano D, et al. Surgical management of pleural empyema in the very elderly. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2012;94:331-5 pubmed publisher..The in-hospital mortality of very elderly patients was low. It can therefore be concluded that advanced age is no contraindication for early surgical therapy. ..
- Sticherling M, Eicke C, Anger T. Practicability of combined treatment with calcipotriol/betamethasone gel (Daivobet® Gel) and improvement of quality of life in patients with psoriasis. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2013;11:420-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Daivobet® Gel can be recommended as an effective and well-tolerated treatment which may easily be integrated into daily life of patients with psoriasis. ..
- Miskovic A, Monsefi N, Karimian Tabrizi A, Zierer A, Moritz A. A 17-year, single-centre experience with the Ross procedure: fulfilling the promise of a durable option without anticoagulation?. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:514-9; discussion 519 pubmed publisher..The reoperation rate is higher compared with mechanical valve replacement; however, in the majority of patients with reoperations in our series the autograft could be saved. Other valve-related complications are rare. ..
- Poryo M, Khreish F, SchÃ¤fers H, Abdul Khaliq H. A case of myocardial bridging as a rare cause of chest pain in children. Clin Res Cardiol. 2016;105:279-81 pubmed publisher..Myocardial bridging is a rare and important differential diagnosis for angina-like pain in childhood without hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. ..
- PÃ©rol M, Ciuleanu T, Arrieta O, Prabhash K, Syrigos K, Goksel T, et al. Quality of life results from the phase 3 REVEL randomized clinical trial of ramucirumab-plus-docetaxel versus placebo-plus-docetaxel in advanced/metastatic non-small cell lung cancer patients with progression after platinum-based chemotherapy. Lung Cancer. 2016;93:95-103 pubmed publisher..In addition to improvement of clinical efficacy outcomes demonstrated in REVEL, these results suggest that adding ramucirumab to docetaxel did not impair patient QoL, symptoms, or functioning. ..
- Rutenberg D, Venner M, Giguere S. Efficacy of Tulathromycin for the Treatment of Foals with Mild to Moderate Bronchopneumonia. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:901-906 pubmed publisher..Tulathromycin was effective for the treatment of bronchopneumonia in foals at this farm but not as effective as the combination of azithromycin-rifampin. ..
- Verstovsek S, Courby S, Griesshammer M, Mesa R, Brachmann C, Kawashima J, et al. A phase 2 study of momelotinib, a potent JAK1 and JAK2 inhibitor, in patients with polycythemia vera or essential thrombocythemia. Leuk Res. 2017;60:11-17 pubmed publisher..0%), somnolence (15.4%), nausea (15.4%), and fatigue (15.4%). Three patients experienced serious AEs (7.7%), with 1 considered related to momelotinib (dyspnea). Peripheral neuropathy occurred in 7 (17.9%) patients (4 PV, 3 ET). ..
- Fehrmann Zumpe P, Karbe K, Blessman G. Using flavoxate as primary medication for patients suffering from urge symptomatology. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 1999;10:91-5 pubmed..Both groups showed better results with flavoxate four times daily (800 mg), compared to three times daily (600 mg). Flavoxate is effective and well tolerated and causes no additional problems due to residual urine or side effects. ..
- Hauptmann S, Nadjari B, Kraus J, Turnwald W, Dietel M. Uterine tumor resembling ovarian sex-cord tumor--a case report and review of the literature. Virchows Arch. 2001;439:97-101 pubmed..It is thus questionable whether the same prognostic criteria apply for these tumors as for endometrial stromal sarcomas. However, in the so-called mixed UTROSCT, the endometrial stromal sarcoma component determines the outcome. ..
- Herrmann B, Saller B, Janssen O, Gocke P, Bockisch A, Sperling H, et al. Impact of estrogen replacement therapy in a male with congenital aromatase deficiency caused by a novel mutation in the CYP19 gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:5476-84 pubmed..In this rare incidence of estrogen deficiency, estrogen replacement demonstrated its importance for bone mineralization and maturation and glucose metabolism in a male carrying a novel mutation in the CYP19 gene. ..
- Eger K, Hermes M, Uhlemann K, Rodewald S, Ortwein J, Brulport M, et al. 4-Epidoxycycline: an alternative to doxycycline to control gene expression in conditional mouse models. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:979-86 pubmed..Since 4-ED lacks the antibiotic activity of doxycycline it may help to avoid adverse side effects and selection of resistant bacteria. ..
- Graepler F, Verbeek B, Graeter T, Smirnow I, Kong H, Schuppan D, et al. Combined endostatin/sFlt-1 antiangiogenic gene therapy is highly effective in a rat model of HCC. Hepatology. 2005;41:879-86 pubmed..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the HEPATOLOGY website (http://interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-9139/suppmat/index.html). ..
- Mueller M, Glatzle J, Kasparek M, Becker H, Jehle E, Zittel T, et al. Long-term outcome of conservative treatment in patients with diverticulitis of the sigmoid colon. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005;17:649-54 pubmed..Surgery should thus mainly be undertaken to achieve relief of symptoms rather than to prevent death from complications. ..
- Meissner M, Bauer R, Beier C, Betz C, Wolter M, Kaufmann R, et al. Sodium thiosulphate as a promising therapeutic option to treat calciphylaxis. Dermatology. 2006;212:373-6 pubmed..Thus, the intravenous therapy of calciphylaxis with sodium thiosulphate might be a new effective alternative in the treatment of this life-threatening disease. ..
- Henzel M, Hamm K, Gross M, Surber G, Kleinert G, Failing T, et al. Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy of glomus jugulare tumors. Local control, toxicity, symptomatology, and quality of life. Strahlenther Onkol. 2007;183:557-62 pubmed..QoL was not affected in patients receiving primary SRT. SRT offers an additional treatment option of high efficacy with less side effects, especially in cases of large tumors, morbidity, or recurrences after incomplete resections. ..
- Hierholzer C, Ali A, Toro Arbelaez J, Suk M, Helfet D. Traumatic disruption of pubis symphysis with accompanying posterior pelvic injury after natural childbirth. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2007;36:E167-70 pubmed
- Meyer C, Scholl H, Eter N, Helb H, Holz F. Combined treatment of acute subretinal haemorrhages with intravitreal recombined tissue plasminogen activator, expansile gas and bevacizumab: a retrospective pilot study. Acta Ophthalmol. 2008;86:490-4 pubmed publisher..The triple approach seems a logical alternative to the current combined dual approach in limiting the progression of the underlying disease and achieving better visual outcome. Further randomized evaluations are warranted. ..
- Kirchhof P, Ozgun M, Zellerhoff S, Mönnig G, Eckardt L, Wasmer K, et al. Diastolic isthmus length and 'vertical' isthmus angulation identify patients with difficult catheter ablation of typical atrial flutter: a pre-procedural MRI study. Europace. 2009;11:42-7 pubmed publisher..2). Longer diastolic, but not systolic, CTI length and a rectangular angle between CTI and inferior vena cava render CTI catheter ablation difficult. Visualization of isthmus anatomy may help to guide difficult CTI ablation procedures. ..
- Schmidt M, Daccarett M, Rittger H, Marschang H, Holzmann S, Jung P, et al. Renal dysfunction and atrial fibrillation recurrence following cardioversion. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2011;22:1092-8 pubmed publisher..Maintenance of sinus rhythm was associated with improvement in eGFR in patients with mild or moderate renal insufficiency.? ..
- Sühs K, Hein K, Sättler M, Görlitz A, Ciupka C, Scholz K, et al. A randomized, double-blind, phase 2 study of erythropoietin in optic neuritis. Ann Neurol. 2012;72:199-210 pubmed publisher..0011). Testing of visual functions revealed trends toward an improved outcome after erythropoietin treatment. These results give the first indications that erythropoietin might be neuroprotective in optic neuritis. ..
- Gray L, Peel N, Costa A, Burkett E, Dey A, Jonsson P, et al. Profiles of older patients in the emergency department: findings from the interRAI Multinational Emergency Department Study. Ann Emerg Med. 2013;62:467-474 pubmed publisher..This pattern was consistent across nations. Functional problems and geriatric syndromes affect the majority of older patients attending the ED, which may have important implications for clinical protocols and design of EDs. ..
- Erdmann A, Schnepp W. Conditions, components and outcomes of Integrative Validation Therapy in a long-term care facility for people with dementia. A qualitative evaluation study. Dementia (London). 2016;15:1184-204 pubmed publisher..Another conclusion is that IVA supports person-centred care because, with IVA, professionals react to typical needs people with dementia have: comfort, inclusion, attachment and identity (Kitwood, 2012). ..
- Ebner N, Jankowska E, Ponikowski P, Lainscak M, Elsner S, Sliziuk V, et al. The impact of iron deficiency and anaemia on exercise capacity and outcomes in patients with chronic heart failure. Results from the Studies Investigating Co-morbidities Aggravating Heart Failure. Int J Cardiol. 2016;205:6-12 pubmed publisher..33-0.97, p = 0.04). The impact of anaemia on reduced exercise capacity and on mortality is stronger than that of ID. Anaemia remained an independent predictor of death after adjusting for clinically relevant variables. ..
- Teymoortash A, Rassow S, Bohne F, Wilhelm T, Hoch S. Clinical impact of radiographic carotid artery involvement in neck metastases from head and neck cancer. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016;45:422-6 pubmed publisher..71 year. Radiographic carotid artery involvement in neck metastases in head and neck cancer appears to correlate with a poor long-term prognosis, with a high rate of distant metastases despite loco-regional control. ..
- Jensen D, Asselah T, Dieterich D, Foster G, Sulkowski M, Zeuzem S, et al. Faldaprevir, pegylated interferon, and ribavirin for treatment-naïve HCV genotype-1: pooled analysis of two phase 3 trials. Ann Hepatol. 2016;15:333-49 pubmed publisher..Addition of faldaprevir to PegIFN/RBV increased SVR12 in patients with HCV genotype-1, and was well tolerated. Faldaprevir 120 mg is effective in the treatment of HCV genotype-1. ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT01343888 and NCT01297270. ..
- Kobbernagel H, Buchvald F, Haarman E, Casaulta C, Collins S, Hogg C, et al. Study protocol, rationale and recruitment in a European multi-centre randomized controlled trial to determine the efficacy and safety of azithromycin maintenance therapy for 6 months in primary ciliary dyskinesia. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:104 pubmed publisher..EudraCT 2013-004664-58 (date of registration: 2014-04-08). ..
- Zouboulis C, Schmuth M, Doepfmer S, Dippel E, Orfanos C. Extracorporeal photopheresis of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is associated with reduction of peripheral CD4+ T lymphocytes. Dermatology. 1998;196:305-8 pubmed..The marked differences detected in certain T-cell subpopulations suggest an effect of ECP on peripheral T lymphocytes and, especially, on CD4+ cells. ..
- Bartz Schmidt K, Thumann G, Psichias A, Krieglstein G, Heimann K. Pars plana vitrectomy, endolaser coagulation of the retina and the ciliary body combined with silicone oil endotamponade in the treatment of uncontrolled neovascular glaucoma. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1999;237:969-75 pubmed..Since cyclodestructive therapy or drainage surgery often fails, we have examined intense antiproliferative surgery as a treatment for advanced neovascular glaucoma...
- Romanos G, Testori T, Degidi M, Piattelli A. Histologic and histomorphometric findings from retrieved, immediately occlusally loaded implants in humans. J Periodontol. 2005;76:1823-32 pubmed..According to the present histologic and histomorphometric evaluation of retrieved, clinically stable implants, immediate occlusal loading can present a high level of bone-to-implant contact in humans. ..
- Alsheikheh A, Klink J, Klink T, Steffen H, Grehn F. Long-term results of surgery in childhood glaucoma. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:195-203 pubmed..7%). Although a good long-term IOP-control can often be achieved in childhood glaucoma, the visual acuity remains below the normal range in most cases despite close orthoptic follow-up. ..
- Sterzing F, Sroka Perez G, Schubert K, Munter M, Thieke C, Huber P, et al. Evaluating target coverage and normal tissue sparing in the adjuvant radiotherapy of malignant pleural mesothelioma: helical tomotherapy compared with step-and-shoot IMRT. Radiother Oncol. 2008;86:251-7 pubmed publisher..Our planning study showed that helical tomotherapy is an excellent option for the adjuvant intensity-modulated radiotherapy of MPM. It is capable of improving target coverage and homogeneity. ..
- Braess J, Spiekermann K, Staib P, Gruneisen A, Wörmann B, Ludwig W, et al. Dose-dense induction with sequential high-dose cytarabine and mitoxantone (S-HAM) and pegfilgrastim results in a high efficacy and a short duration of critical neutropenia in de novo acute myeloid leukemia: a pilot study of the AMLCG. Blood. 2009;113:3903-10 pubmed publisher
- Majunke N, Bialkowski J, Wilson N, Szkutnik M, Kusa J, Baranowski A, et al. Closure of atrial septal defect with the Amplatzer septal occluder in adults. Am J Cardiol. 2009;103:550-4 pubmed publisher..5%, and pericardial tamponade, 1 patient, 0.2%). In conclusion, closure of ASDs using the Amplatzer septal occluder in adults was efficient and safe, with excellent long-term success rates. Serious complications were rare. ..
- Greco F, Wagner S, Hoda R, Hamza A, Fornara P. Laparoscopic vs open radical nephroureterectomy for upper urinary tract urothelial cancer: oncological outcomes and 5-year follow-up. BJU Int. 2009;104:1274-8 pubmed publisher..037): 100% for pTa, 89% for pT1, 75% for pT2 and 31% for pT3 (P < 0.001). The results of our long-term controlled study support the use of LNU as an effective alternative to ONU in the therapy of upper urinary tract urothelial cancer. ..
- Rabe C, Appenrodt B, Hoff C, Ewig S, Klehr H, Sauerbruch T, et al. Severe respiratory failure due to diffuse alveolar hemorrhage: clinical characteristics and outcome of intensive care. J Crit Care. 2010;25:230-5 pubmed publisher..Patients with an immunologic/idiopathic pathogenetic mechanism have a relatively good prognosis, whereas the outcome in individuals with DAH secondary to cancer therapy or sepsis is poor. ..
- Lorch A, Neubauer A, Hackenthal M, Dieing A, Hartmann J, Rick O, et al. High-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) as second-salvage treatment in patients with multiple relapsed or refractory germ-cell tumors. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:820-5 pubmed publisher..The projected overall survival rate at 5 years was 17% (95% confidence intervals 7% to 30%). HDCT can induce remissions in patients with multiple relapsed GCTs with a long-term survival rate of approximately 17%. ..
- Feigl G, Ritz R, Moraes M, Klein J, Ramina K, Gharabaghi A, et al. Resection of malignant brain tumors in eloquent cortical areas: a new multimodal approach combining 5-aminolevulinic acid and intraoperative monitoring. J Neurosurg. 2010;113:352-7 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, more cases and additional studies are necessary to further prove the advantages of this multimodal strategy. ..
- Ranke M. Noonan syndrome: growth to growth hormone - the experience of observational studies. Horm Res. 2009;72 Suppl 2:36-40 pubmed publisher..Both case studies and observational studies are necessary in order to obtain further evidence about the efficacy and safety of GH treatment in NS...
- Tallen G, Ratei R, Mann G, Kaspers G, Niggli F, Karachunsky A, et al. Long-term outcome in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia after time-point and site-of-relapse stratification and intensified short-course multidrug chemotherapy: results of trial ALL-REZ BFM 90. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:2339-47 pubmed publisher..In high-risk patients, remission induction regimens must be improved, and allogeneic SCT should be recommended in patients achieving second complete remission. ..
- Januszewska K, Malec E, Birnbaum J, Loeff M, Sodian R, Schmitz C, et al. Paediatric heart transplantation - the impact of a ventricular assist device on operative outcomes. Kardiol Pol. 2010;68:664-9 pubmed..773), duration of hospital stay (p = 0.853), and incidence of acute rejection episodes (p = 0.575). The use of VAD as a bridge to heart transplantation in children with severe heart failure had no negative effect on treatment outcomes. ..
- Mittag O, Schramm S, Böhmen S, Hüppe A, Meyer T, Raspe H. Medium-term effects of cardiac rehabilitation in Germany: systematic review and meta-analysis of results from national and international trials. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2011;18:587-93 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our analysis does not suggest that comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation treatment is superior to international practice of long-term outpatient rehabilitation. ..
- Grobe A, Eichhorn W, Hanken H, Precht C, Schmelzle R, Heiland M, et al. The use of buccal fat pad (BFP) as a pedicled graft in cleft palate surgery. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;40:685-9 pubmed publisher..The BFP graft provides an advantage in reconstructive cleft palate surgery...
- Nell M, Burgkart R, Gradl G, VON Eisenhart Rothe R, Schaeffeler C, Trappe D, et al. Primary extrahepatic alveolar echinococcosis of the lumbar spine and the psoas muscle. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2011;10:13 pubmed publisher..The etiology, diagnosis, differential diagnoses, treatment options and outcome of this rare disease are discussed in context with the current literature. ..
- Jakubietz M, Gruenert J, Jakubietz R. The use of beta-tricalcium phosphate bone graft substitute in dorsally plated, comminuted distal radius fractures. J Orthop Surg Res. 2011;6:24 pubmed publisher..Granular bone graft substitutes do not seem to provide extra stability if dorsal angle stable implants are used. Dorsal plates have considerable complication rates such as extensor tendon ruptures and development of CRPS. ..
- Diener H, Gaul C, Jensen R, Gobel H, Heinze A, Silberstein S. Integrated headache care. Cephalalgia. 2011;31:1039-47 pubmed publisher..This is called integrated headache care. This review summarizes experiences in integrated headache care settings in Europe and the USA, describes these settings, and reports outcome data...
- Zeuzem S, Asselah T, Angus P, Zarski J, Larrey D, Mullhaupt B, et al. Efficacy of the protease inhibitor BI 201335, polymerase inhibitor BI 207127, and ribavirin in patients with chronic HCV infection. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:2047-55; quiz e14 pubmed publisher..The combination of the protease inhibitor BI 201335, the polymerase inhibitor BI 207127, and ribavirin has rapid and strong activity against HCV genotype-1 and did not cause serious or severe adverse events. ..
- Ledwoch J, Franke J, Gerckens U, Kuck K, Linke A, Nickenig G, et al. Incidence and predictors of permanent pacemaker implantation following transcatheter aortic valve implantation: analysis from the German transcatheter aortic valve interventions registry. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;82:E569-77 pubmed publisher..PPM is a common postprocedure requirement after TAVI. The absence of prior valve surgery, the implantation of Medtronic CoreValve™ prosthesis, and the presence of a porcelain aorta were independently associated with PPM after TAVI. ..
- Grützmacher P, Ohm B, Szymczak S, Dorbath C, Brzoska M, Kleinert C. Primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with hyperlipoproteinemia (a). Clin Res Cardiol Suppl. 2017;12:22-26 pubmed publisher..Statin-based lowering of LDL cholesterol and thrombocyte aggregation inhibitors still represent the basis of medical treatment. Target levels for LDL-cholesterol should be modified in patients with hyperlipoproteinemia (a). ..
- Diehl V, Franklin J, Hasenclever D, Tesch H, Pfreundschuh M, Lathan B, et al. BEACOPP: a new regimen for advanced Hodgkin's disease. German Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group. Ann Oncol. 1998;9 Suppl 5:S67-71 pubmed..The results must await confirmation (or otherwise) by the final analysis including all randomised patients and sufficiently mature data. ..
- Fremerey R, Lobenhoffer P, Zeichen J, Skutek M, Bosch U, Tscherne H. Proprioception after rehabilitation and reconstruction in knees with deficiency of the anterior cruciate ligament: a prospective, longitudinal study. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2000;82:801-6 pubmed..After reconstruction of the ACL reduced proprioception may explain the poor functional outcome in some patients, despite restoration of mechanical stability. ..
- Balzer J, Gastinger V, Ritter R, Herzog C, Mack M, Schmitz Rixen T, et al. Percutaneous interventional reconstruction of the iliac arteries: primary and long-term success rate in selected TASC C and D lesions. Eur Radiol. 2006;16:124-31 pubmed..5%. The patency rates were similar in our selected TASC C and D patients to those so far published for TASC A and B, with low complication rates. Therefore, percutaneous intervention can be recommended for these patients...
- Mross K, Drevs J, Müller M, Medinger M, Marme D, Hennig J, et al. Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of PTK/ZK, a multiple VEGF receptor inhibitor, in patients with liver metastases from solid tumours. Eur J Cancer. 2005;41:1291-9 pubmed..The minimum biologically active dose was established at 750 mg/day whereas the recommended dose for phase III studies is 1200 mg/day. ..
- Kienast J, Juers M, Wiedermann C, Hoffmann J, Ostermann H, Strauss R, et al. Treatment effects of high-dose antithrombin without concomitant heparin in patients with severe sepsis with or without disseminated intravascular coagulation. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:90-7 pubmed..The adapted ISTH DIC score may identify patients with severe sepsis who potentially benefit from high-dose AT treatment. ..
- Preuss S, Quante G, Semrau R, Mueller R, Klussmann J, Guntinas Lichius O. An analysis of surgical complications, morbidity, and cost calculation in patients undergoing multimodal treatment for operable oropharyngeal carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:101-5 pubmed..Considering the excellent oncologic results, this extensive and more cost-intensive multimodal approach is justified for patients with oropharyngeal cancer. ..
- Paul M, Gerss J, Schulze Bahr E, Wichter T, Vahlhaus C, Wilde A, et al. Role of programmed ventricular stimulation in patients with Brugada syndrome: a meta-analysis of worldwide published data. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:2126-33 pubmed..The role of programmed ventricular stimulation (PVS) in risk stratification has been controversially discussed. Therefore, we performed a meta-analysis on the prognostic role of PVS in BS...
- Briese V, Stammwitz U, Friede M, Henneicke von Zepelin H. Black cohosh with or without St. John's wort for symptom-specific climacteric treatment--results of a large-scale, controlled, observational study. Maturitas. 2007;57:405-14 pubmed..The fixed combination of Black cohosh and St. John's wort was superior to Black cohosh alone in alleviating climacteric mood symptoms. ..
- Günthert A, Faber M, Knappe G, Hellriegel S, Emons G. Early onset vulvar Lichen Sclerosus in premenopausal women and oral contraceptives. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;137:56-60 pubmed..12-5.75). Our data suggest that disturbance of the androgen dependent growth of the vulvar skin by OCPs and especially by OCPs with anti-androgenic properties might trigger the early onset of LS in a subgroup of susceptible young women. ..
- Jung N, Lehmann C, Hellmann M, Seifert H, Valter M, Hallek M, et al. Necrotizing pneumonia caused by Panton-Valentine leucocidin-producing Staphylococcus aureus originating from a Bartholin's abscess. Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2008;2008:491401 pubmed publisher..Minor infections--such as Bartholin's abscess--can precede this life-threating syndrome. Bactericidal antistaphylococcal antibiotics are recommended for treatment, and surgical procedures may become necessary. ..
- Hölscher G, Anthuber C, Bastert G, Burges A, Mayr D, Oberlechner E, et al. Improvement of survival in sex cord stromal tumors - an observational study with more than 25 years follow-up. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2009;88:440-8 pubmed publisher..There is no evidence for any benefit of adjuvant chemotherapy. Surgery remains the cornerstone of treatment, yet the benefit of postoperative therapy is still under debate. ..
- Jauss M, Schütz H, Tanislav C, Misselwitz B, Rosenow F. Effect of daytime, weekday and year of admission on outcome in acute ischaemic stroke patients treated with thrombolytic therapy. Eur J Neurol. 2010;17:555-61 pubmed publisher..During 4 years, it was possible to increase rate of rTPA treatment from 8.9% to 21.8% without increment of complications or death, confirming that rTPA is safe and can be implemented with full daily and weekly coverage. ..
- Müller C, Winter C, Klein D, Damaske K, Schmidt C, Schulte T, et al. Objective assessment of brace wear times and physical activities in two patients with scoliosis. Biomed Tech (Berl). 2010;55:117-20 pubmed publisher..4±24.9%) reduced her activity level during bracing by 50.1%, whereas another patient with a satisfactory compliance (85.7±19.5%) increased her daily activity level by 33.7% during conservative treatment. ..
- Plewnia C, Vonthein R, Wasserka B, Arfeller C, Naumann A, Schraven S, et al. Treatment of chronic tinnitus with ? burst stimulation: a randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2012;78:1628-34 pubmed publisher..However, these results are not to be generalized to all forms of rTMS treatments for tinnitus. ..
- Bunz M, Lenski D, WedegÃ¤rtner S, Ukena C, Karbach J, BÃ¶hm M, et al. Heart-focused anxiety in patients with chronic heart failure before implantation of an implantable cardioverter defibrillator: baseline findings of the Anxiety-CHF Study. Clin Res Cardiol. 2016;105:216-24 pubmed publisher..HFA is predicted by a history of MI and psychological parameters such as general anxiety and impaired QoL. CLINICALTRIALS. NCT02226770. ..
- Dimopoulos M, Cheung M, Roussel M, Liu T, Gamberi B, Kolb B, et al. Impact of renal impairment on outcomes with lenalidomide and dexamethasone treatment in the FIRST trial, a randomized, open-label phase 3 trial in transplant-ineligible patients with multiple myeloma. Haematologica. 2016;101:363-70 pubmed publisher..Trial registration: ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT00689936); EudraCT (2007-004823-39). Funding: Intergroupe Francophone du MyÃ©lome and the Celgene Corporation. ..
- Schmid Bindert G, Engel Riedel W, Reck M, Schuette W, StÃ¶hlmacher J, Fischer J, et al. A randomized Phase 2 study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin or carboplatin as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected stage IB or II Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015;90:397-404 pubmed publisher..Although the study did not meet the primary objective, both treatment groups demonstrated good safety-related feasibility and tolerability as adjuvant treatment in patients with completely resected Stage IB/II NSCLC. ..
- Delgadillo J, Moreea O, Lutz W. Different people respond differently to therapy: A demonstration using patient profiling and risk stratification. Behav Res Ther. 2016;79:15-22 pubmed publisher..The LRI tool can identify cases at risk of poor progress to inform personalized treatment recommendations for low and high intensity psychological interventions. ..
- Toussaint A, Richter A, Mantel F, Flickinger J, Grills I, Tyagi N, et al. Variability in spine radiosurgery treatment planning - results of an international multi-institutional study. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:57 pubmed publisher..This may translate into differences in patient clinical outcome and highlights the need for consensus and established delineation and planning criteria. ..
- Devenney K, Sanders M, Lawlor B, Olde Rikkert M, Schneider S. The effects of an extensive exercise programme on the progression of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:75 pubmed publisher..The results will add new insights into the prevailing notion that exercise may slow the rate of cognitive decline in MCI. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT02913053. ..
- Gerlach K, Zahl C. Transversal palatal expansion using a palatal distractor. J Orofac Orthop. 2003;64:443-9 pubmed..Because of the short treatment period, the absence of relapses, and the handling simplicity for the patient, this method is recommended for clinical application. ..
- Grünwald V, Bolte O, Wiebe S, Ganser A, Schoffski P. Acral necrosis after inadequate excessive administration of bleomycin in a testicular cancer patient. Onkologie. 2005;28:41-3 pubmed..Infusional alprostadil adds substantial clinical benefit to combined vasoactive therapy in chemotherapy-induced vascular toxicity, even after the onset of digital necrosis. ..
- Kalinowski M, Dressler M, König A, El Sheik M, Rinke A, Höffken H, et al. Selective internal radiotherapy with Yttrium-90 microspheres for hepatic metastatic neuroendocrine tumors: a prospective single center study. Digestion. 2009;79:137-42 pubmed publisher..Acute and late toxicity was very low. Further investigations compared with other local ablative techniques is warranted. ..
- Balke M, Campanacci L, Gebert C, Picci P, Gibbons M, Taylor R, et al. Bisphosphonate treatment of aggressive primary, recurrent and metastatic Giant Cell Tumour of Bone. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:462 pubmed publisher..GCTB frequently recurs and can produce metastatic lesions in the lungs. Bisphosphonates are anti-resorptive drugs which act mainly on osteoclasts...
- Voss P, Joshi Oshero J, Kovalova Müller A, Veigel Merino E, Sauerbier S, Al Jamali J, et al. Surgical treatment of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: technical report and follow up of 21 patients. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012;40:719-25 pubmed publisher..Recently there has been a move to treat this problem surgically. The aim of this retrospective study was to provide a surgical solution for patients suffering from BP-ONJ...
- Maagh P, Butz T, Plehn G, Christoph A, Meissner A. Pulmonary vein isolation in 2012: is it necessary to perform a time consuming electrophysical mapping or should we focus on rapid and safe therapies? A retrospective analysis of different ablation tools. Int J Med Sci. 2013;10:24-33 pubmed publisher..Further studies with long time follow-ups will show if the time for correct mapping of the PV potentials is a price we should be willing to pay or if we should adopt a "wait-and-see" attitude referring the AF recurrence. ..
- Zymperdikas V, Koretsi V, Papageorgiou S, Papadopoulos M. Treatment effects of fixed functional appliances in patients with Class II malocclusion: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur J Orthod. 2016;38:113-26 pubmed publisher..According to existing evidence, FFAs seem to be effective in improving Class II malocclusion in the short term, although their effects seem to be mainly dentoalveolar rather than skeletal. ..
- Sauer G, Deissler H. Angiogenesis: prognostic and therapeutic implications in gynecologic and breast malignancies. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2003;15:45-9 pubmed..The prognostic and predictive value of angiogenic factors and microvessel density has been confirmed. Antiangiogenic therapy will most likely play an important role in future clinical management of malignant diseases. ..
- Rothe A, Seibold M, Hoppe T, Seifert H, Engert A, Caspar C, et al. Combination therapy of disseminated Fusarium oxysporum infection with terbinafine and amphotericin B. Ann Hematol. 2004;83:394-7 pubmed..The combination therapy described here represents a novel approach to the treatment of Fusarium spp. in the immunocompromised host in whom Fusarium spp. are known to cause disseminated infection with high mortality. ..
- Hautmann R, Stein J. Neobladder with prostatic capsule and seminal-sparing cystectomy for bladder cancer: a step in the wrong direction. Urol Clin North Am. 2005;32:177-85 pubmed..This is at the cost of radicality, however, and results in a 10% to 15% higher oncologic failure rate. Consequently, sexuality-sparing cystectomy for bladder cancer is a step in the wrong direction and should be abandoned. ..
- Pallasch C, Struss A, Munnia A, König J, Steudel W, Fischer U, et al. Autoantibodies against GLEA2 and PHF3 in glioblastoma: tumor-associated autoantibodies correlated with prolonged survival. Int J Cancer. 2005;117:456-9 pubmed..1611). Herein we present autoantibodies that are: (i) most frequent in glioblastoma patients; (ii) specific for glioblastoma-associated antigens; and (iii) significantly correlated with prolonged survival in patients with glioblastoma. ..