Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transfection in Spain
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Vicente Dueñas C, Barajas Diego M, Romero Camarero I, González Herrero I, Flores T, Sanchez Garcia I. Essential role for telomerase in chronic myeloid leukemia induced by BCR-ABL in mice. Oncotarget. 2012;3:261-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that telomerase is essential for oncogene-induced reprogramming of hematopoietic stem cells in CML development and validate telomerase and the genes it regulates as targets for therapy in CML. ..
- Borrell V, Cárdenas A, Ciceri G, Galcerán J, Flames N, Pla R, et al. Slit/Robo signaling modulates the proliferation of central nervous system progenitors. Neuron. 2012;76:338-52 pubmed publisher..At the molecular level, the role of Slit/Robo in progenitor cells involves transcriptional activation of the Notch effector Hes1. These findings demonstrate that Robo signaling modulates progenitor cell dynamics in the developing brain. ..
- Hijazi M, Fillat C, Medina J, Velasco A. Overexpression of DYRK1A inhibits choline acetyltransferase induction by oleic acid in cellular models of Down syndrome. Exp Neurol. 2013;239:229-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, the overexpression of DYRK1A in DS models prevented the neurotrophic effect of oleic acid, a fact that may account for mental retardation in DS patients. ..
- Díaz Martín J, Díaz López A, Moreno Bueno G, Castilla M, Rosa Rosa J, Cano A, et al. A core microRNA signature associated with inducers of the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. J Pathol. 2014;232:319-29 pubmed publisher..The strong correlation between expression and DNA methylation suggests a major role for this epigenetic mark in the regulation of the miR-141-200c locus. ..
- Garcia Guzman M, Calvo S, Cena V, Criado M. Molecular cloning and permanent expression in a neuroblastoma cell line of a fast inactivating potassium channel from bovine adrenal medulla. FEBS Lett. 1992;308:283-9 pubmed..The expression of these types of channels in brain (RCK4,RHK1), heart (RHK1) and adrenal medulla (BAK4) suggest their possible implication in important functions for the cell. ..
- San José E, Sahuquillo A, Bragado R, Alarcon B. Assembly of the TCR/CD3 complex: CD3 epsilon/delta and CD3 epsilon/gamma dimers associate indistinctly with both TCR alpha and TCR beta chains. Evidence for a double TCR heterodimer model. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:12-21 pubmed
- Navarro F, Llano M, Bellon T, Colonna M, Geraghty D, Lopez Botet M. The ILT2(LIR1) and CD94/NKG2A NK cell receptors respectively recognize HLA-G1 and HLA-E molecules co-expressed on target cells. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:277-83 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that NK recognition of cells expressing HLA-G1 involves at least two non-overlapping receptor-ligand systems: the CD94/NKG2 interaction with HLA-E, and the engagement of the ILT2(LIR1) receptor by HLA-G1 molecules. ..
- Garcia M, Campillos M, Marina A, Valdivieso F, Vazquez J. Transcription factor AP-2 activity is modulated by protein kinase A-mediated phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 1999;444:27-31 pubmed..Cotransfection studies showed that PKA stimulated the effect of AP-2 on the APOE promoter, but not that of the S239A mutant. Therefore, cAMP may modulate AP-2 activity by PKA-induced phosphorylation of this factor. ..
- González García A, Garrido E, Hernandez C, Alvarez B, Jimenez C, Cantrell D, et al. A new role for the p85-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulatory subunit linking FRAP to p70 S6 kinase activation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1500-8 pubmed..These studies thus show that, in addition to the contribution of PI3K activity, the p85 regulatory subunit plays a critical role in p70S6K activation. ..
- Obrador E, Carretero J, Ortega A, Medina I, Rodilla V, Pellicer J, et al. gamma-Glutamyl transpeptidase overexpression increases metastatic growth of B16 melanoma cells in the mouse liver. Hepatology. 2002;35:74-81 pubmed..01) as compared with non-tumor-bearing mice. Our results indicate that tumor GGT activity and an intertissue flow of GSH can regulate GSH content of melanoma cells and their metastatic growth in the liver. ..
- San Antonio B, Iñiguez M, Fresno M. Protein kinase Czeta phosphorylates nuclear factor of activated T cells and regulates its transactivating activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27073-80 pubmed..These data reveal a new role of PKCzeta in T cells through the control of NFAT function by modulating the activity of its transactivation domain. ..
- Diaz Rodriguez E, Montero J, Esparís Ogando A, Yuste L, Pandiella A. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylates tumor necrosis factor alpha-converting enzyme at threonine 735: a potential role in regulated shedding. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2031-44 pubmed
- Salinas M, Diaz R, Abraham N, Ruiz de Galarreta C, Cuadrado A. Nerve growth factor protects against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced oxidative stress by increasing expression of heme oxygenase-1 in a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13898-904 pubmed..These observations indicate that the PI3K/Akt pathway controls the intracellular levels of ROS by regulating the expression of the antioxidant enzyme HO-1. ..
- Hernandez Sanchez C, Mansilla A, de la Rosa E, Pollerberg G, Martinez Salas E, de Pablo F. Upstream AUGs in embryonic proinsulin mRNA control its low translation level. EMBO J. 2003;22:5582-92 pubmed..A novel mechanism for low level proinsulin expression thus relies on upstream AUGs within a specific form of embryonic proinsulin mRNA, emphasizing its importance as a tightly regulated developmental signal. ..
- Morales V, Gonzalez Robayna I, Hernandez I, Quintana J, Santana P, Ruiz de Galarreta C, et al. The inducible isoform of CREM (inducible cAMP early repressor, ICER) is a repressor of CYP19 rat ovarian promoter. J Endocrinol. 2003;179:417-25 pubmed..These results suggest that ICER represses CYP19 ovarian promoter and that LH-induced expression of ICER may serve to downregulate P450(AROM) transcription in granulosa cells during luteinization. ..
- Rivas M, Mellstrom B, Naranjo J, Santisteban P. Transcriptional repressor DREAM interacts with thyroid transcription factor-1 and regulates thyroglobulin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33114-22 pubmed..Furthermore, chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments in FRTL-5 cells confirmed that Tg is a bona fide target gene for DREAM transrepression in thyroid follicular cells. ..
- Borán M, Garcia A. The cyclic GMP-protein kinase G pathway regulates cytoskeleton dynamics and motility in astrocytes. J Neurochem. 2007;102:216-30 pubmed..These results indicate that cGMP-mediated pathways may regulate physio-pathologically relevant responses in astroglial cells. ..
- García Expósito L, Barroso González J, Puigdomènech I, Machado J, Blanco J, Valenzuela Fernandez A. HIV-1 requires Arf6-mediated membrane dynamics to efficiently enter and infect T lymphocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1148-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore we propose that efficient early HIV-1 infection of CD4(+) T lymphocytes requires Arf6-coordinated plasma membrane dynamics that promote viral fusion and entry. ..
- Sanz Garcia M, Vázquez Cedeira M, Kellerman E, Renbaum P, Levy Lahad E, Lazo P. Substrate profiling of human vaccinia-related kinases identifies coilin, a Cajal body nuclear protein, as a phosphorylation target with neurological implications. J Proteomics. 2011;75:548-60 pubmed publisher..VRK1 (R358X) is less active than VRK1. Altered regulation of coilin might be implicated in several neurological diseases such as ataxias and spinal muscular atrophies. ..
- Talamillo A, Fernández Moreno M, Martinez Azorin F, Bornstein B, Ochoa P, Garesse R. Expression of the Drosophila melanogaster ATP synthase alpha subunit gene is regulated by a transcriptional element containing GAF and Adf-1 binding sites. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4003-13 pubmed..In addition, Northern blot and RT-PCR analysis identified two alpha-F1-ATPase mRNAs that differ in the length of the 3' untranslated region due to the selection of alternative polyadenylation sites. ..
- Gil Gomez G, Ayte J, Hegardt F. The rat mitochondrial 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme-A-synthase gene contains elements that mediate its multihormonal regulation and tissue specificity. Eur J Biochem. 1993;213:773-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence in the mitochondrial HMG-CoA-synthase promoter of cis-elements, responsible for the multihormonal regulation of transcription, is supported by transient transfection experiments. ..
- Guaita S, Puig I, Franci C, Garrido M, Dominguez D, Batlle E, et al. Snail induction of epithelial to mesenchymal transition in tumor cells is accompanied by MUC1 repression and ZEB1 expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39209-16 pubmed..ZEB1 could also repress E-cadherin and MUC1 promoters but less strongly than Snail. However, since ZEB1 expression persisted after Snail was down-regulated, ZEB1 may regulate epithelial genes in several tumor cell lines. ..
- Navarro G, Carriba P, Gandia J, Ciruela F, Casado V, Cortés A, et al. Detection of heteromers formed by cannabinoid CB1, dopamine D2, and adenosine A2A G-protein-coupled receptors by combining bimolecular fluorescence complementation and bioluminescence energy transfer. ScientificWorldJournal. 2008;8:1088-97 pubmed publisher..Here a combination of bimolecular fluorescence complementation and bioluminescence energy transfer techniques was used to identify the occurrence of D2R-CB1R-A2AR hetero-oligomers in living cells. ..
- Cotrufo T, Perez Branguli F, Muhaisen A, Ros O, Andres R, Baeriswyl T, et al. A signaling mechanism coupling netrin-1/deleted in colorectal cancer chemoattraction to SNARE-mediated exocytosis in axonal growth cones. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14463-80 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence of a new signaling mechanism that couples chemotropic Netrin-1/DCC axonal guidance and Sytx1/TI-VAMP SNARE proteins regulating membrane turnover and exocytosis. ..
- Rodriguez Frade J, Vila Coro A, Martin A, Nieto M, Sanchez Madrid F, Proudfoot A, et al. Similarities and differences in RANTES- and (AOP)-RANTES-triggered signals: implications for chemotaxis. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:755-65 pubmed..The results are discussed in the context of the dissociation of the late signals, provoked by the chemokines required for cell migration, from early signals. ..
- Manzano A, Perez J, Nadal M, Estivill X, Lange A, Bartrons R. Cloning, expression and chromosomal localization of a human testis 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase gene. Gene. 1999;229:83-9 pubmed..This isozyme shows clear PFK-2 activity. Taken together, these results provide evidence for a new PFK-2/FBPase-2 gene coding for a human testis isozyme. ..
- Miravet S, Piedra J, Castaño J, Raurell I, Franci C, Duñach M, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of plakoglobin causes contrary effects on its association with desmosomes and adherens junction components and modulates beta-catenin-mediated transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7391-402 pubmed
- Sevilla A, Santos C, Barcia R, Vega F, Lazo P. c-Jun phosphorylation by the human vaccinia-related kinase 1 (VRK1) and its cooperation with the N-terminal kinase of c-Jun (JNK). Oncogene. 2004;23:8950-8 pubmed..The VRK1-c-Jun connection represents a component of a new signaling pathway whose upstream elements remain to be identified. ..
- Rodríguez Pombo P, Perez Cerda C, Perez B, Desviat L, Sanchez Pulido L, Ugarte M. Towards a model to explain the intragenic complementation in the heteromultimeric protein propionyl-CoA carboxylase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1740:489-98 pubmed
- Ojeda E, Puras G, Agirre M, Zarate J, Grijalvo S, Eritja R, et al. The influence of the polar head-group of synthetic cationic lipids on the transfection efficiency mediated by niosomes in rat retina and brain. Biomaterials. 2016;77:267-79 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights for the development of non-viral vectors based on cationic lipids and their applications for efficient delivery of genetic material to the retina and brain. ..
- Maestro B, Molero S, Bajo S, Davila N, Calle C. Transcriptional activation of the human insulin receptor gene by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3). Cell Biochem Funct. 2002;20:227-32 pubmed..This suggests a stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3), which could mediate, at least in part, the potentiation of the insulin response. ..
- Boulaiz H, Prados J, Melguizo C, Garcia A, Marchal J, Ramos J, et al. Inhibition of growth and induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer by transfection of gef gene. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:192-8 pubmed..Our results show that the gef gene was able to decrease proliferation in a breast cancer cell line, and induce apoptosis. These findings suggest that the gef gene is a potential candidate for tumour therapy. ..
- Frade J. Nuclear translocation of the p75 neurotrophin receptor cytoplasmic domain in response to neurotrophin binding. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1407-11 pubmed..These results suggest that nuclear translocation of p75ICD may represent a novel neurotrophin-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Matas O, Fritz S, Luna A, Egea G. Membrane trafficking at the ER/Golgi interface: functional implications of RhoA and Rac1. Eur J Cell Biol. 2005;84:699-707 pubmed..This finding, in turn, confirms that Cdc42 is the only Rho GTPase to have a specific function on the Golgi complex. ..
- García Briones M, Rosas M, González Magaldi M, Martín Acebes M, Sobrino F, Armas Portela R. Differential distribution of non-structural proteins of foot-and-mouth disease virus in BHK-21 cells. Virology. 2006;349:409-21 pubmed..3D(pol) and its precursor 3CD(pol) were also detected in nuclear fractions of infected cells, suggesting that these proteins can directly interact with the nucleus during FMDV infection. ..
- Boulaiz H, Prados J, Marchal J, García A, Alvarez L, Melguizo C, et al. Transfection of MS-36 melanoma cells with gef gene inhibits proliferation and induces modulation of the cell cycle. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:564-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the gef gene, a system independent of the administration of a prodrug, significantly reduces the proliferation of MS-36 cells. This gene may therefore be considered a new candidate for cancer gene therapy. ..
- Escrivà M, Peiro S, Herranz N, Villagrasa P, Dave N, Montserrat Sentis B, et al. Repression of PTEN phosphatase by Snail1 transcriptional factor during gamma radiation-induced apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1528-40 pubmed publisher..These results stress the critical role of Snail1 in the control of apoptosis and demonstrate the regulation of PTEN phosphatase by this transcriptional repressor. ..
- Bento Abreu A, Velasco A, Polo Hernández E, Lillo C, Kozyraki R, Tabernero A, et al. Albumin endocytosis via megalin in astrocytes is caveola- and Dab-1 dependent and is required for the synthesis of the neurotrophic factor oleic acid. J Neurochem. 2009;111:49-60 pubmed publisher..Albumin endocytosis may be a key step in brain development because it stimulates the synthesis of oleic acid, which in turn promotes neuronal differentiation. ..
- Fernandez N, Martinez Salas E. Tailoring the switch from IRES-dependent to 5'-end-dependent translation with the RNase P ribozyme. RNA. 2010;16:852-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results reinforce the essential role of the structural motif that serves as RNase P recognition motif for IRES activity. ..
- Zurita Díaz F, Galera Monge T, Moreno Izquierdo A, Fraga M, Ayuso C, Fernandez A, et al. Generation of a human iPSC line from a patient with a mitochondrial encephalopathy due to mutations in the GFM1 gene. Stem Cell Res. 2016;16:124-7 pubmed publisher..Reprogramming factors OCT3/4, SOX2, CMYC and KLF4 were delivered using a non integrative methodology that involves the use of Sendai virus. ..
- Rebordosa X, Pinol J, Perez Pons J, Lloberas J, Naval J, Serra Hartmann X, et al. Glycoprotein E of bovine herpesvirus type 1 is involved in virus transmission by direct cell-to-cell spread. Virus Res. 1996;45:59-68 pubmed
- Yague J, Vazquez J, Lopez de Castro J. A post-translational modification of nuclear proteins, N(G),N(G)-dimethyl-Arg, found in a natural HLA class I peptide ligand. Protein Sci. 2000;9:2210-7 pubmed..These structural features strongly suggest that the post-translationally modified residue may have a major influence on the antigenic properties of this natural ligand. ..
- Baeza Raja B, Munoz Canoves P. p38 MAPK-induced nuclear factor-kappaB activity is required for skeletal muscle differentiation: role of interleukin-6. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2013-26 pubmed..This study provides the first evidence of a crosstalk between p38 MAPK and NF-kappaB signaling pathways during myogenesis, with IL-6 being one of the effectors of this promyogenic mechanism. ..
- Elizalde C, Campa V, Caro M, Schlangen K, Aransay A, Vivanco M, et al. Distinct roles for Wnt-4 and Wnt-11 during retinoic acid-induced neuronal differentiation. Stem Cells. 2011;29:141-53 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the distinct roles of two noncanonical Wnts during the early stages of retinoic acid-induced neuronal differentiation. ..
- Méndez Ardoy A, Urbiola K, Aranda C, Ortiz Mellet C, García Fernández J, De Ilarduya C. Polycationic amphiphilic cyclodextrin-based nanoparticles for therapeutic gene delivery. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2011;6:1697-707 pubmed publisher..Finally, in vivo gene delivery experiments by systemic injection in mice indicated relatively high transfection levels in the liver, overcoming trapping of the nanoparticles in lung cells, with low toxicity. ..
- Medina M, Garcia Rocha M, Padilla R, Perez M, Montejo De Garcini E, Avila J. Protein kinases involved in the phosphorylation of human tau protein in transfected COS-1 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1316:43-50 pubmed
- Pálmer H, González Sancho J, Espada J, Berciano M, Puig I, Baulida J, et al. Vitamin D(3) promotes the differentiation of colon carcinoma cells by the induction of E-cadherin and the inhibition of beta-catenin signaling. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:369-87 pubmed..Our results show that 1alpha,25(OH)2D(3) induces E-cadherin and modulates beta-catenin-TCF-4 target genes in a manner opposite to that of beta-catenin, promoting the differentiation of colon carcinoma cells. ..
- Martín García R, Valdivieso M. The fission yeast Chs2 protein interacts with the type-II myosin Myo3p and is required for the integrity of the actomyosin ring. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2768-79 pubmed..In synchronous cultures, chs2Delta cells exhibit a delay in septation with respect to the control strain. All these results show that Chs2p participates in the correct functioning of the medial ring. ..
- Castaño J, Solanas G, Casagolda D, Raurell I, Villagrasa P, Bustelo X, et al. Specific phosphorylation of p120-catenin regulatory domain differently modulates its binding to RhoA. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1745-57 pubmed..Taken together, these observations uncover a new regulatory mechanism acting on p120-catenin that contributes to the fine-tuned regulation of the RhoA pathways during specific signaling events. ..
- Badiola I, Villacé P, Basaldua I, Olaso E. Downregulation of discoidin domain receptor 2 in A375 human melanoma cells reduces its experimental liver metastasis ability. Oncol Rep. 2011;26:971-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DDR2 promotes A375 melanoma metastasis to the liver and the underlying mechanism implicates regulation of metalloproteinase release, cell growth and chemotactic invasion of the host tissue. ..
- Losada A, Tovar J, Xia H, Diez Pardo J, Santisteban P. Down-regulation of thyroid transcription factor-1 gene expression in fetal lung hypoplasia is restored by glucocorticoids. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2166-73 pubmed..The observations that prenatal glucocorticoid treatment induces the expression of TTF-1 supports routine in utero glucocorticoid treatment of patients expected to have lung hypoplasia. ..
- Canals M, Marcellino D, Fanelli F, Ciruela F, de Benedetti P, Goldberg S, et al. Adenosine A2A-dopamine D2 receptor-receptor heteromerization: qualitative and quantitative assessment by fluorescence and bioluminescence energy transfer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46741-9 pubmed..In the most probable one, helix 5 and/or helix 6 and the N-terminal portion of I3 from D2R approached helix 4 and the C-terminal portion of the C-tail from the A2AR, respectively. ..
- Medin M, Hermida Prieto M, Monserrat L, Laredo R, Rodriguez Rey J, Fernandez X, et al. Mutational screening of phospholamban gene in hypertrophic and idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and functional study of the PLN -42 C>G mutation. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:37-43 pubmed..Otherwise, mutations in the PLN gene are not a frequent cause of cardiomyopathies in our population. ..
- Guardia Laguarta C, Pera M, Clarimon J, Molinuevo J, Sanchez Valle R, Lladó A, et al. Clinical, neuropathologic, and biochemical profile of the amyloid precursor protein I716F mutation. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2010;69:53-9 pubmed publisher..The mutation leads to a protein that is poorly processed by gamma-secretase. This loss of function may be an additional mechanism by which some mutations around the gamma-secretase cleavage site lead to familial Alzheimer disease. ..
- Díaz Moscoso A, Vercauteren D, Rejman J, Benito J, Ortiz Mellet C, De Smedt S, et al. Insights in cellular uptake mechanisms of pDNA-polycationic amphiphilic cyclodextrin nanoparticles (CDplexes). J Control Release. 2010;143:318-25 pubmed publisher..The smaller fraction that is internalized via the CIE pathway is predominantly responsible for successful transfection. ..
- Saura C. CREB-regulated transcription coactivator 1-dependent transcription in Alzheimer's disease mice. Neurodegener Dis. 2012;10:250-2 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CRTC1 dysfunction caused by A? accumulation underlies changes in gene expression required for hippocampal-dependent memory in AD transgenic mice. ..
- Millan J, Puertollano R, Fan L, Rancaño C, Alonso M. The MAL proteolipid is a component of the detergent-insoluble membrane subdomains of human T-lymphocytes. Biochem J. 1997;321 ( Pt 1):247-52 pubmed
- Muntasell A, Carrascal M, Serradell L, Veelen Pv P, Verreck F, Koning F, et al. HLA-DR4 molecules in neuroendocrine epithelial cells associate to a heterogeneous repertoire of cytoplasmic and surface self peptides. J Immunol. 2002;169:5052-60 pubmed..This is specially relevant to processes involving epithelial T cell interactions such as organ-specific autoimmunity and transplant rejection. ..
- Gutierrez J, Kremer L, Zaballos A, Goya I, Martinez A C, Marquez G. Analysis of post-translational CCR8 modifications and their influence on receptor activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14726-33 pubmed..These data indicate that sulfation at specific positions of the N-terminal domain of mouse CCR8 is critical for its biological activity, whereas glycosylation has a minor influence. ..
- Baladron V, Ruiz Hidalgo M, Nueda M, Díaz Guerra M, García Ramírez J, Bonvini E, et al. dlk acts as a negative regulator of Notch1 activation through interactions with specific EGF-like repeats. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:343-59 pubmed..These results suggest that dlk functionally interacts in vivo with Notch1, which may lead to the regulation of differentiation processes modulated by Notch1 activation and signaling, including adipogenesis. ..
- Fernandez E, Torrents D, Zorzano A, Palacin M, Chillarón J. Identification and functional characterization of a novel low affinity aromatic-preferring amino acid transporter (arpAT). One of the few proteins silenced during primate evolution. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19364-72 pubmed..The evolutionary implications of the silencing process and the roles of arpAT in transport of L-DOPA in the brain and in aromatic amino acid absorption are discussed. ..
- Delgado Esteban M, Martin Zanca D, Andres Martin L, Almeida A, Bolanos J. Inhibition of PTEN by peroxynitrite activates the phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt neuroprotective signaling pathway. J Neurochem. 2007;102:194-205 pubmed..Thus, peroxynitrite exerts neuroprotection by inhibiting PTEN, hence activating the anti-apoptotic PI3K/Akt pathway in primary neurons. ..
- Cuevas E, Escribano O, Chiloeches A, Ramirez Rubio S, Román I, Fernández Moreno M, et al. Role of insulin receptor substrate-4 in IGF-I-stimulated HEPG2 proliferation. J Hepatol. 2007;46:1089-98 pubmed
- Asturias J, Martin J, Liras P. Biosynthesis and phosphate control of candicidin by Streptomyces acrimycini JI2236: effect of amplification of the pabAB gene. J Ind Microbiol. 1994;13:183-9 pubmed..Formation of PABA synthase and candicidin production was equally sensitive to phosphate regulation in transformants with the pabAB than in the untransformed S. acrimycini strain. ..
- Celada A, Gil P, McKercher S, Maki R. Identification of a transcription factor that binds to the S box of the I-A beta gene of the major histocompatibility complex. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 3):737-44 pubmed..A prominent protein of 43 kDa was found that bound specifically to the S-box sequence. ..
- Llano E, Pendas A, Freije J, Nakano A, Knauper V, Murphy G, et al. Identification and characterization of human MT5-MMP, a new membrane-bound activator of progelatinase a overexpressed in brain tumors. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2570-6 pubmed..These data suggest that MT5-MMP may contribute to the activation of progelatinase A in tumor tissues, in which it is overexpressed, thereby facilitating tumor progression. ..
- Ligos J, de Lera T, Hinderlich S, Guinea B, Sanchez L, Roca R, et al. Functional interaction between the Ser/Thr kinase PKL12 and N-acetylglucosamine kinase, a prominent enzyme implicated in the salvage pathway for GlcNAc recycling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6333-43 pubmed..These results are interpreted to indicate a potential in vivo role for GlcNAcK in PKL12 translocation and a tentative regulatory role for PKL12-mediated phosphorylation on substrate proteins. ..
- Canals J, Pineda J, Torres Peraza J, Bosch M, Martín Ibáñez R, Muñoz M, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor regulates the onset and severity of motor dysfunction associated with enkephalinergic neuronal degeneration in Huntington's disease. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7727-39 pubmed..Hence, administration of exogenous BDNF may delay or stop illness progression. ..
- Soriano F, Liesa M, Bach D, Chan D, Palacin M, Zorzano A. Evidence for a mitochondrial regulatory pathway defined by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1 alpha, estrogen-related receptor-alpha, and mitofusin 2. Diabetes. 2006;55:1783-91 pubmed..Our results indicate the existence of a regulatory pathway involving PGC-1 alpha, ERR alpha, and Mfn2. Alterations in this regulatory pathway may participate in the pathophysiology of insulin-resistant conditions and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Vicente R, Escalada A, Villalonga N, Texidó L, Roura Ferrer M, Martín Satué M, et al. Association of Kv1.5 and Kv1.3 contributes to the major voltage-dependent K+ channel in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:37675-85 pubmed..Changes in the oligomeric composition of functional Kv channels would give rise to different biophysical and pharmacological properties, which could determine specific cellular responses. ..
- Sebastian D, Herrero L, Serra D, Asins G, Hegardt F. CPT I overexpression protects L6E9 muscle cells from fatty acid-induced insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E677-86 pubmed..These results suggest that LCPT I overexpression protects L6E9 myotubes from fatty acid-induced insulin resistance by inhibiting both the accumulation of lipid metabolites and the activation of PKCtheta and PKCzeta. ..
- Kortazar D, Fanarraga M, Carranza G, Bellido J, Villegas J, Avila J, et al. Role of cofactors B (TBCB) and E (TBCE) in tubulin heterodimer dissociation. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:425-36 pubmed..These complexes might serve to escort alpha-tubulin towards degradation or recycling, depending on the cell requirements. ..
- Malkia A, Madrid R, Meseguer V, De La Pena E, Valero M, Belmonte C, et al. Bidirectional shifts of TRPM8 channel gating by temperature and chemical agents modulate the cold sensitivity of mammalian thermoreceptors. J Physiol. 2007;581:155-74 pubmed..The modulation of TRPM8 activity by different chemical agents unveils an important flexibility in the temperature-response curve of TRPM8 channels and cold thermoreceptors. ..
- Cardus A, Panizo S, Encinas M, Dolcet X, Gallego C, Aldea M, et al. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 regulates VEGF production through a vitamin D response element in the VEGF promoter. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:85-9 pubmed publisher..These results could explain part of the beneficial effects of vitamin D treatment in renal patients by a possible VEGF-mediated improvement of the endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Vazquez Chantada M, Fernandez Ramos D, Embade N, Martínez López N, Varela Rey M, Woodhoo A, et al. HuR/methyl-HuR and AUF1 regulate the MAT expressed during liver proliferation, differentiation, and carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:1943-53 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support a role for AUF1 and HuR/methyl-HuR in liver de-differentiation, development, and human HCC progression through the posttranslational regulation of MAT1A and MAT2A mRNAs. ..
- Herrero González S, Gangoso E, Giaume C, Naus C, Medina J, Tabernero A. Connexin43 inhibits the oncogenic activity of c-Src in C6 glioma cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:5712-23 pubmed publisher..Although c-Src is known to phosphorylate connexin43, this study provides the first evidence that connexin43 can also inhibit c-Src activity. ..
- Roura Ferrer M, Sole L, Oliveras A, Villarroel A, Comes N, Felipe A. Targeting of Kv7.5 (KCNQ5)/KCNE channels to surface microdomains of cell membranes. Muscle Nerve. 2012;45:48-54 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Kv7.5 contributes to the spatial regulation of KCNE3. This new scenario could greatly assist in determining the physiological relevance of putative KCNE3 interactions in nerve and muscle. ..
- MartÃnez LÃ³pez N, GarcÃa RodrÃguez J, Varela Rey M, GutiÃ©rrez V, FernÃ¡ndez Ramos D, Beraza N, et al. Hepatoma cells from mice deficient in glycine N-methyltransferase have increased RAS signaling and activation of liver kinase B1. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:787-798.e13 pubmed publisher..Reagents that disrupt this pathway might be developed to treat patients with HCC. ..
- Rebollo A, Perez Sala D, Martinez A C. Bcl-2 differentially targets K-, N-, and H-Ras to mitochondria in IL-2 supplemented or deprived cells: implications in prevention of apoptosis. Oncogene. 1999;18:4930-9 pubmed..These results evidence a distinct behavior among the three Ras proteins in TS1alphabeta cells, depending on IL-2 supply, and suggest homologue-specific roles for Ras proteins in IL-2-dependent events. ..
- Parra M, Jardi M, Koziczak M, Nagamine Y, Munoz Canoves P. p53 Phosphorylation at serine 15 is required for transcriptional induction of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene by the alkylating agent N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36303-10 pubmed..Our results also suggest the possibility that genotoxic agents contribute to tumor metastasis by inducing PAI-1 without involving genetic modification. ..
- Luque C, Pérez Ferreiro C, Pérez González A, Englmeier L, Koffa M, Correas I. An alternative domain containing a leucine-rich sequence regulates nuclear cytoplasmic localization of protein 4.1R. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2686-91 pubmed..We hypothesize that the leucine-rich sequence in 4.1R controls distribution and concomitantly function of a specific set of 4.1R isoforms. ..
- Caloca M, Zugaza J, Vicente Manzanares M, Sanchez Madrid F, Bustelo X. F-actin-dependent translocation of the Rap1 GDP/GTP exchange factor RasGRP2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20435-46 pubmed..These results reveal a novel function of the actin cytoskeleton in mediating the spatial activation of Ras subfamily GTPases through the selective recruitment of GDP/GTP exchange factors. ..
- Obach M, Navarro Sabate A, Caro J, Kong X, Duran J, Gomez M, et al. 6-Phosphofructo-2-kinase (pfkfb3) gene promoter contains hypoxia-inducible factor-1 binding sites necessary for transactivation in response to hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53562-70 pubmed..Altogether, these results demonstrate that pfkfb3 is a hypoxia-inducible gene that is stimulated through HIF interaction with the consensus HRE site in its promoter region...
- Cerdá Reverter J, Haitina T, Schiöth H, Peter R. Gene structure of the goldfish agouti-signaling protein: a putative role in the dorsal-ventral pigment pattern of fish. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1597-610 pubmed..Our studies support agouti signaling protein as the melanization inhibition factor, a key factor in the development of the dorsal-ventral pigment pattern in fish. ..
- García J, Castrillo J. Identification of two novel human genes, DIPLA1 and DIPAS, expressed in placenta tissue. Gene. 2005;344:241-50 pubmed..Our results are of interest for placenta gene expression regulation and for the identification of novel genes in the human genome. ..
- Pérez Mancera P, González Herrero I, Perez Caro M, Gutiérrez Cianca N, Flores T, Gutierrez Adan A, et al. SLUG in cancer development. Oncogene. 2005;24:3073-82 pubmed..Overall, the findings indicate that while Slug overexpression is not sufficient to cause overt morphogenetic defects in mice, they demonstrate a specific and critical role for Slug in the pathogenesis of mesenchymal tumours. ..
- Pedraza N, Rosell M, Villarroya J, Iglesias R, Gonzalez F, Solanes G, et al. Developmental and tissue-specific involvement of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha in the control of mouse uncoupling protein-3 gene expression. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4695-704 pubmed..Thus, PPARalpha-dependent regulation is required for appropriate gene regulation of UCP3 as part of the subset of fatty-acid-responsive genes in neonatal muscle and heart. ..
- López Contreras A, Sánchez Laorden B, Ramos Molina B, de la Morena M, Cremades A, Peñafiel R. Subcellular localization of antizyme inhibitor 2 in mammalian cells: Influence of intrinsic sequences and interaction with antizymes. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:732-40 pubmed publisher..These findings underline the complexity of the AZs/AZINs regulatory system, supporting early evidence that relates these proteins with additional functions other than regulating polyamine homeostasis. ..
- García González D, Clemente D, Coelho M, Esteban P, Soussi Yanicostas N, De Castro F. Dynamic roles of FGF-2 and Anosmin-1 in the migration of neuronal precursors from the subventricular zone during pre- and postnatal development. Exp Neurol. 2010;222:285-95 pubmed publisher..In this sense, both cues should be considered as two of the first to be chronologically identified as actors in the formation of the RMS. ..
- Alatorre Meda M, Gonzalez Perez A, Rodríguez J. DNA-METAFECTENE PRO complexation: a physical chemistry study. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2010;12:7464-72 pubmed publisher..The lipoplexes were found to be stable within at least seven days presenting an average R(H) of 135 nm. ..