Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transfection in Italy
Publications408 found, 100 shown here
- Balducci C, Bibi L, Berg T, Persichetti E, Tiribuzi R, Martino S, et al. Molecular cloning and structural organization of the gene encoding the mouse lysosomal di-N-acetylchitobiase (ctbs). Gene. 2008;416:85-91 pubmed publisher..Mouse and bovine promoters have been isolated and sequenced and their activities compared. The activity of the bovine promoter is very low and might explain the low activity of chitobiase observed in cattle. ..
- Murgia C, Devirgiliis C, Mancini E, Donadel G, Zalewski P, Perozzi G. Diabetes-linked zinc transporter ZnT8 is a homodimeric protein expressed by distinct rodent endocrine cell types in the pancreas and other glands. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2009;19:431-9 pubmed publisher..We provide novel insights into the features of the ZnT8 transporter, of special relevance in light of its proposed role as therapeutical target for diabetes treatment. ..
- Casazza A, Fu X, Johansson I, Capparuccia L, Andersson F, Giustacchini A, et al. Systemic and targeted delivery of semaphorin 3A inhibits tumor angiogenesis and progression in mouse tumor models. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:741-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the rationale for further investigation of SEMA3A as an anticancer molecule. ..
- Gatti G, Trifari S, Mesaeli N, Parker J, Michalak M, Meldolesi J. Head-to-tail oligomerization of calsequestrin: a novel mechanism for heterogeneous distribution of endoplasmic reticulum luminal proteins. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:525-34 pubmed..A model is proposed to explain this new process, that might also be valid for other luminal proteins. ..
- Secchiero P, Gonelli A, Mirandola P, Melloni E, Zamai L, Celeghini C, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand induces monocytic maturation of leukemic and normal myeloid precursors through a caspase-dependent pathway. Blood. 2002;100:2421-9 pubmed..Moreover, the dichotomous effect of TRAIL on malignant cells (early induction of apoptosis and monocytic maturation of the surviving cells) might have important therapeutic implications for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Oriente F, Andreozzi F, Romano C, Perruolo G, Perfetti A, Fiory F, et al. Protein kinase C-alpha regulates insulin action and degradation by interacting with insulin receptor substrate-1 and 14-3-3 epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40642-9 pubmed..The presence of 14-3-3epsilon in the complex is not necessary for IRS-1/PKCalpha interaction but modulates PKCalpha activity, thereby regulating insulin signaling and degradation. ..
- Fernandez Vizarra E, Berardinelli A, Valente L, Tiranti V, Zeviani M. Nonsense mutation in pseudouridylate synthase 1 (PUS1) in two brothers affected by myopathy, lactic acidosis and sideroblastic anaemia (MLASA). J Med Genet. 2007;44:173-80 pubmed..The structural differences in nuclear versus mitochondrial isoforms of PUS1 may be implicated in the variability of the clinical presentations in MLASA. ..
- LÅ‘rincz P, TÃ³th S, BenkÅ‘ P, Lakatos Z, Boda A, Glatz G, et al. Rab2 promotes autophagic and endocytic lysosomal degradation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1937-1947 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that RAB2A is required for autophagosome clearance in human breast cancer cells. In conclusion, we identify Rab2 as a key factor for autophagic and endocytic cargo delivery to and degradation in lysosomes. ..
- Catalano S, Marsico S, Giordano C, Mauro L, Rizza P, Panno M, et al. Leptin enhances, via AP-1, expression of aromatase in the MCF-7 cell line. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28668-76 pubmed..Functional studies of mutagenesis and electrophoretic mobility shift assay revealed that the AP-1 motif is important in determining the up-regulatory effects induced by leptin on aromatase expression in MCF-7. ..
- Cattaneo M, Canton C, Albertini A, Biunno I. Identification of a region within SEL1L protein required for tumour growth inhibition. Gene. 2004;326:149-56 pubmed..This region contains the Hrd3 motif, tetratricopeptide (TPR)-like SEL1 repeat, a transmembrane region, and a proline-rich tail. ..
- Ravizza R, Gariboldi M, Passarelli L, Monti E. Role of the p53/p21 system in the response of human colon carcinoma cells to Doxorubicin. BMC Cancer. 2004;4:92 pubmed
- Danovi D, Meulmeester E, Pasini D, Migliorini D, Capra M, Frenk R, et al. Amplification of Mdmx (or Mdm4) directly contributes to tumor formation by inhibiting p53 tumor suppressor activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5835-43 pubmed..Together, these results make Hdmx a new putative drug target for cancer therapy. ..
- Turato C, Calabrese F, Biasiolo A, Quarta S, Ruvoletto M, Tono N, et al. SERPINB3 modulates TGF-beta expression in chronic liver disease. Lab Invest. 2010;90:1016-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, chronically damaged hepatocytes produce SERPINB3 and TGF-beta, and the anti-protease activity of this serpin might be implicated in TGF-beta1 induction. ..
- Bongarzone I, Pierotti M, Monzini N, Mondellini P, Manenti G, Donghi R, et al. High frequency of activation of tyrosine kinase oncogenes in human papillary thyroid carcinoma. Oncogene. 1989;4:1457-62 pubmed..Since both PTC, a novel rearranged form of RET, and TRK display a tyrosine protein kinase activity, it is proposed that the activation of this class of oncogenes is specifically involved in the pathogenesis of papillary thyroid cancer. ..
- Bonaldo P, Piccolo S, Marvulli D, Volpin D, Marigo V, Bressan G. Murine alpha 1(VI) collagen chain. Complete amino acid sequence and identification of the gene promoter region. Matrix. 1993;13:223-33 pubmed..A construct containing sequences extending from -215 to +41 directed high levels of CAT expression. The data indicate that this region harbours a functional promoter. ..
- Russo D, Betterle C, Arturi F, Chiefari E, Girelli M, Filetti S. A novel mutation in the thyrotropin (TSH) receptor gene causing loss of TSH binding but constitutive receptor activation in a family with resistance to TSH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:4238-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that such a Cys310 TSH-R mutant may determine both the TSH resistance and the clinical euthyroidism detected in this family. ..
- Ballare E, Persani L, Lania A, Filopanti M, Giammona E, Corbetta S, et al. Mutation of somatostatin receptor type 5 in an acromegalic patient resistant to somatostatin analog treatment. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:3809-14 pubmed..We suggest that this mutation that abrogates the antiproliferative action of somatostatin and activates mitogenic pathways may be involved in the resistance to somatostatin treatment. ..
- Trusolino L, Bertotti A, Comoglio P. A signaling adapter function for alpha6beta4 integrin in the control of HGF-dependent invasive growth. Cell. 2001;107:643-54 pubmed..Such findings invoke an unexpected role for alpha6beta4 in cancer invasion as a functional amplifier of biochemical outputs rather than a mechanical adhesive device. ..
- Morelli A, Chiozzi P, Chiesa A, Ferrari D, Sanz J, Falzoni S, et al. Extracellular ATP causes ROCK I-dependent bleb formation in P2X7-transfected HEK293 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2655-64 pubmed..These observations suggest that P2X7-dependent plasma membrane blebbing depends on the activation of the serine/threonine kinase ROCK I. ..
- De Fabiani E, Mitro N, Gilardi F, Caruso D, Galli G, Crestani M. Coordinated control of cholesterol catabolism to bile acids and of gluconeogenesis via a novel mechanism of transcription regulation linked to the fasted-to-fed cycle. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39124-32 pubmed
- Baruah P, Propato A, Dumitriu I, Rovere Querini P, Russo V, Fontana R, et al. The pattern recognition receptor PTX3 is recruited at the synapse between dying and dendritic cells, and edits the cross-presentation of self, viral, and tumor antigens. Blood. 2006;107:151-8 pubmed..These data suggest that PTX3 acts as a third-party agent between microbial stimuli and dying cells, contributing to limit tissue damage under inflammatory conditions and the activation of autoreactive T cells. ..
- Moreschi I, Bruzzone S, Nicholas R, Fruscione F, Sturla L, Benvenuto F, et al. Extracellular NAD+ is an agonist of the human P2Y11 purinergic receptor in human granulocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31419-29 pubmed..These results demonstrate that beta-NAD(e)+ is an agonist of the P2Y(11) purinoceptor and that P2Y(11) is the endogenous receptor in granulocytes mediating the sustained [Ca2+]i increase responsible for their functional activation. ..
- Muzza M, Cordella D, Bombled J, Bressac de Paillerets B, Guizzardi F, Francis Z, et al. Four novel RET germline variants in exons 8 and 11 display an oncogenic potential in vitro. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010;162:771-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, on the basis of these functional data, it is advisable to extend the genetic screening to all the first-degree relatives of the MTC patients, and to perform a strict follow-up of familial carriers. ..
- Paina S, Garzotto D, Demarchis S, Marino M, Moiana A, Conti L, et al. Wnt5a is a transcriptional target of Dlx homeogenes and promotes differentiation of interneuron progenitors in vitro and in vivo. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2675-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the Dlx-mutant environment is unfavorable for GABA differentiation, in vivo and in vitro. We conclude that Dlx genes favor interneuron differentiation also in a non-cell-autonomous fashion, via expression of Wnt5a. ..
- Vinciguerra M, Santini M, Martínez C, Pazienza V, Claycomb W, Giuliani A, et al. mIGF-1/JNK1/SirT1 signaling confers protection against oxidative stress in the heart. Aging Cell. 2012;11:139-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, mIGF-1 protects the heart from oxidative stress via SirT1/JNK1 activity, suggesting new avenues for cardiac therapy during aging and heart failure. ..
- Rubattu S, Di Castro S, Schulz H, Geurts A, Cotugno M, Bianchi F, et al. Ndufc2 Gene Inhibition Is Associated With Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Increased Stroke Susceptibility in an Animal Model of Complex Human Disease. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Moreover, our current evidence may suggest that Ndufc2 can contribute to an increased occurrence of early-onset ischemic stroke in humans. ..
- Manenti G, Peissel B, Gariboldi M, Falvella F, Zaffaroni D, Allaria B, et al. A cancer modifier role for parathyroid hormone-related protein. Oncogene. 2000;19:5324-8 pubmed..These results point to the role of the Pthlh gene as a cancer modifier gene in skin tumorigenesis. ..
- Orlandi R, Cattaneo M, Troglio F, Casalini P, Ronchini C, Menard S, et al. SEL1L expression decreases breast tumor cell aggressiveness in vivo and in vitro. Cancer Res. 2002;62:567-74 pubmed..These results point to the role for SEL1L in breast tumor growth and aggressiveness, possibly involving cell-matrix interactions. ..
- Vivacqua A, Bonofiglio D, Albanito L, Madeo A, Rago V, Carpino A, et al. 17beta-estradiol, genistein, and 4-hydroxytamoxifen induce the proliferation of thyroid cancer cells through the g protein-coupled receptor GPR30. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:1414-23 pubmed..Our findings provide new insight into the molecular mechanisms through which estrogens may induce the progression of TC. ..
- Beri S, Tonna N, Menozzi G, Bonaglia M, Sala C, Giorda R. DNA methylation regulates tissue-specific expression of Shank3. J Neurochem. 2007;101:1380-91 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest the existence of a specific epigenetic control mechanism regulating SHANK3, but not SHANK1 and SHANK2, expression. ..
- Contursi C, Minchiotti G, Di Nocera P. Identification of sequences which regulate the expression of Drosophila melanogaster Doc elements. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26570-6 pubmed..The inhibition reflects impaired translation of the CAT gene possibly consequent to the interaction of specific Doc RNA sequences with a cellular component. ..
- Anastasi S, Giordano S, Sthandier O, Gambarotta G, Maione R, Comoglio P, et al. A natural hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor autocrine loop in myoblast cells and the effect of the constitutive Met kinase activation on myogenic differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:1057-68 pubmed..These data indicate that a met kinase signal released from differentiation-dependent control provides a negative stimulus for the onset of myogenic differentiation. ..
- Zucchelli S, Capone S, Fattori E, Folgori A, Di Marco A, Casimiro D, et al. Enhancing B- and T-cell immune response to a hepatitis C virus E2 DNA vaccine by intramuscular electrical gene transfer. J Virol. 2000;74:11598-607 pubmed..Thus, the method described potentially provides a safe, low-cost treatment that may be scaled up to humans and may hold the key for future development of prophylactic or therapeutic vaccines against HCV and other infectious diseases. ..
- Fucile S, Renzi M, Lax P, Eusebi F. Fractional Ca(2+) current through human neuronal alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Cell Calcium. 2003;34:205-9 pubmed..In our knowledge, the findings here reported indicate the human alpha7 receptors are the most Ca(2+) conductive homomeric ligand-gated receptor-channels expressed in a heterologous cell system. ..
- Mezzanzanica D, Balladore E, Turatti F, Luison E, Alberti P, Bagnoli M, et al. CD95-mediated apoptosis is impaired at receptor level by cellular FLICE-inhibitory protein (long form) in wild-type p53 human ovarian carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5202-14 pubmed..The inhibitory protein c-FLIP(L) is involved in resistance to CD95-mediated apoptosis in ovarian carcinoma cells with wild-type p53. ..
- Albanito L, Sisci D, Aquila S, Brunelli E, Vivacqua A, Madeo A, et al. Epidermal growth factor induces G protein-coupled receptor 30 expression in estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3799-808 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our results, the action of EGF may include the up-regulation of GPR30 in facilitating a stimulatory role of estrogen, even in ER-negative breast tumor cells. ..
- Neddermann P. NS5A phosphorylation and hyperphosphorylation. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;510:95-110 pubmed publisher..The problem with this approach is that purified components, like the purified NS5A substrate and the kinase of interest, are not always available. ..
- Salani B, Passalacqua M, Maffioli S, Briatore L, Hamoudane M, Contini P, et al. IGF-IR internalizes with Caveolin-1 and PTRF/Cavin in HaCat cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14157 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Caveolae play a role in IGF-IR internalization. Based on these findings, Cav-1 and PTRF/Cavin could represent two relevant and distinct targets to modulate IGF-IR function. ..
- Inui M, Manfrin A, Mamidi A, Martello G, Morsut L, Soligo S, et al. USP15 is a deubiquitylating enzyme for receptor-activated SMADs. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1368-75 pubmed publisher..As such, USP15 is critical for the occupancy of endogenous target promoters by the SMAD complex. These data identify an additional layer of control by which the ubiquitin system regulates TGF? biology. ..
- Graziani G, Faraoni I, Grohmann U, Bianchi R, Binaglia L, Margison G, et al. O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase attenuates triazene-induced cytotoxicity and tumor cell immunogenicity in murine L1210 leukemia. Cancer Res. 1995;55:6231-6 pubmed
- Moro M, Cecconi V, Martinoli C, Dallegno E, Giabbai B, Degano M, et al. Generation of functional HLA-DR*1101 tetramers receptive for loading with pathogen- or tumour-derived synthetic peptides. BMC Immunol. 2005;6:24 pubmed..As shown for other HLA-DR alleles, we confirm that not all the strategies to produce soluble HLA-DR*1101 multimers are equivalent. ..
- Cascio M, Bisogno T, Palazzo E, Thomas A, van der Stelt M, Brizzi A, et al. In vitro and in vivo pharmacology of synthetic olivetol- or resorcinol-derived cannabinoid receptor ligands. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;149:431-40 pubmed..CB-25 and CB-52 behave in vitro mostly as CB1 partial agonists and CB2 neutral antagonists, whereas their activity in vivo might depend on the tonic activity of cannabinoid receptors. ..
- Guarda A, Bolognese F, Bonapace I, Badaracco G. Interaction between the inner nuclear membrane lamin B receptor and the heterochromatic methyl binding protein, MeCP2. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1895-903 pubmed publisher..The formation of an LBR-MeCP2 protein complex might help providing a molecular explanation to the distribution of part of the heterochromatin at the nuclear periphery linked to inner membrane. ..
- Zibetti C, Adamo A, Binda C, Forneris F, Toffolo E, Verpelli C, et al. Alternative splicing of the histone demethylase LSD1/KDM1 contributes to the modulation of neurite morphogenesis in the mammalian nervous system. J Neurosci. 2010;30:2521-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results demonstrate that the arousal of neuronal LSD1 isoforms pacemakes early neurite morphogenesis, conferring a neurospecific function to LSD1 epigenetic activity. ..
- Peverelli E, Busnelli M, Vitali E, Giardino E, Gales C, Lania A, et al. Specific roles of G(i) protein family members revealed by dissecting SST5 coupling in human pituitary cells. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:638-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, by analysing the coupling specificity of human SST5 to individual G?(i) and G?(o) subunits, we identified a crucial role for G?(oA) signalling in human pituitary cells...
- Genova T, Grolez G, Camillo C, Bernardini M, Bokhobza A, Richard E, et al. TRPM8 inhibits endothelial cell migration via a non-channel function by trapping the small GTPase Rap1. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2107-2130 pubmed publisher..Our results bring to light a novel, pore-independent molecular mechanism by which endogenous TRPM8 expression inhibits Rap1 GTPase and thus plays a critical role in the behavior of vascular endothelial cells by inhibiting migration. ..
- Borrello M, Alberti L, Arighi E, Bongarzone I, Battistini C, Bardelli A, et al. The full oncogenic activity of Ret/ptc2 depends on tyrosine 539, a docking site for phospholipase Cgamma. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2151-63 pubmed..In addition, the present data identify PLCgamma as a downstream effector of Ret/ptcs and suggest that this transducing molecule could play a crucial role in neoplastic signalling triggered by Ret/ptc oncoproteins. ..
- Condorelli G, Vigliotta G, Cafieri A, Trencia A, Andalò P, Oriente F, et al. PED/PEA-15: an anti-apoptotic molecule that regulates FAS/TNFR1-induced apoptosis. Oncogene. 1999;18:4409-15 pubmed..Thus, PED/PEA-15 is an endogenous protein inhibiting FAS and TNFR1-mediated apoptosis. At least in part, this function may involve displacement of FADD-FLICE binding through the death effector domain of PED/PEA-15. ..
- Cervellera M, Raschella G, Santilli G, Tanno B, Ventura A, Mancini C, et al. Direct transactivation of the anti-apoptotic gene apolipoprotein J (clusterin) by B-MYB. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:21055-60 pubmed..Thus, activation of ApoJ/Clusterin by B-MYB may be an important step in the regulation of apoptosis in normal and diseased cells. ..
- De Paolis P, Porcellini A, Savoia C, Lombardi A, Gigante B, Frati G, et al. Functional cross-talk between angiotensin II and epidermal growth factor receptors in NIH3T3 fibroblasts. J Hypertens. 2002;20:693-9 pubmed..These data indicate the existence of an opposite cross-talk of AT1R and AT2R with EGF receptors, and suggest a complex functional interaction between these pathways in the regulation of cellular growth processes. ..
- Montefusco M, Duga S, Asselta R, Malcovati M, Peyvandi F, Santagostino E, et al. Clinical and molecular characterization of 6 patients affected by severe deficiency of coagulation factor V: Broadening of the mutational spectrum of factor V gene and in vitro analysis of the newly identified missense mutations. Blood. 2003;102:3210-6 pubmed..The high number of "private" mutations identified in FV-deficient families indicates that full mutational screening of FV gene is still required for molecular diagnosis. ..
- Mosca M, Croci C, Mostardini M, Breton J, Malyszko J, Avanzi N, et al. Tissue expression and translational control of rat kynurenine aminotransferase/glutamine transaminase K mRNAs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1628:1-10 pubmed..The expression of several KATI mRNAs with different 5'UTRs represents an interesting example of transcriptional/translational control on the expression of pyridoxal phosphate (PLP)-dependent aminotransferases. ..
- Fanelli M, Fantozzi A, De Luca P, Caprodossi S, Matsuzawa S, Lazar M, et al. The coiled-coil domain is the structural determinant for mammalian homologues of Drosophila Sina-mediated degradation of promyelocytic leukemia protein and other tripartite motif proteins by the proteasome. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5374-9 pubmed..These results identify PML and other TRIMs as new factors post-translationally regulated by SIAH and involve the coiled-coil region of PML and of other SIAH substrates as a novel structural determinant for targeted degradation. ..
- Spinola M, Galvan A, Pignatiello C, Conti B, Pastorino U, Nicander B, et al. Identification and functional characterization of the candidate tumor suppressor gene TRIT1 in human lung cancer. Oncogene. 2005;24:5502-9 pubmed..Our findings raise the possibility of TRIT1 as a candidate lung tumor suppressor. ..
- Lupi A, Della Torre S, Campari E, Tenni R, Cetta G, Rossi A, et al. Human recombinant prolidase from eukaryotic and prokaryotic sources. Expression, purification, characterization and long-term stability studies. FEBS J. 2006;273:5466-78 pubmed..Generation of the prolidase in Escherichia coli, because of its high yield, stability, and similarity to native prolidase, appears to be the best approach for future structural studies and enzyme replacement therapy. ..
- Marinelli A, Bossi D, Pelicci P, Minucci S. A redundant oncogenic potential of the retinoic receptor (RAR) alpha, beta and gamma isoforms in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Leukemia. 2007;21:647-50 pubmed
- Onorati M, Cremisi F, Liu Y, He R, Barsacchi G, Vignali R. A specific box switches the cell fate determining activity of XOTX2 and XOTX5b in the Xenopus retina. Neural Dev. 2007;2:12 pubmed publisher..We propose that this box is a major domain of XOTX proteins that provides them with the appropriate developmental specificity in retinal histogenesis...
- Croci S, Nicoletti G, Landuzzi L, Palladini A, Chiarini F, Nanni P, et al. Expression of a functional CCR7 chemokine receptor inhibits the post-intravasation steps of metastasis in malignant murine mammary cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:451-6 pubmed..When used as a prophylactic vaccine, CCR7-transduced cell vaccine succeeded in the long-term control of mammary tumorigenesis in 25% of the HER-2/neu transgenic females, suggesting an increased immunogenicity of CCR7-engineered cells. ..
- Fontana R, Bregni M, Cipponi A, Raccosta L, Rainelli C, Maggioni D, et al. Peripheral blood lymphocytes genetically modified to express the self/tumor antigen MAGE-A3 induce antitumor immune responses in cancer patients. Blood. 2009;113:1651-60 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies on a larger group of patients are needed to evaluate the clinical efficacy of such a strategy. ..
- Fiermonte G, Paradies E, Todisco S, Marobbio C, Palmieri F. A novel member of solute carrier family 25 (SLC25A42) is a transporter of coenzyme A and adenosine 3',5'-diphosphate in human mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18152-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first time that a mitochondrial carrier for CoA and adenosine 3',5'-diphosphate has been characterized biochemically. ..
- Salvi A, Sabelli C, Moncini S, Venturin M, Arici B, Riva P, et al. MicroRNA-23b mediates urokinase and c-met downmodulation and a decreased migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. FEBS J. 2009;276:2966-82 pubmed publisher..The evidence obtained shows that overexpression of miR-23b leads to uPA and c-met downregulation and to decreased migration and proliferation abilities of HCC cells. ..
- Pirillo A, Reduzzi A, Ferri N, Kuhn H, Corsini A, Catapano A. Upregulation of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) by 15-lipoxygenase-modified LDL in endothelial cells. Atherosclerosis. 2011;214:331-7 pubmed publisher..Altogether these results indicate minimally modified LDL as a new inducer for LOX-1 expression and as a new ligand for LOX-1...
- La Marca R, Cerri F, Horiuchi K, Bachi A, Feltri M, Wrabetz L, et al. TACE (ADAM17) inhibits Schwann cell myelination. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:857-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, TACE is a modulator of NRG1 type III activity and is a negative regulator of myelination in the PNS. ..
- Perri A, Vizza D, Lupinacci S, Toteda G, De Amicis F, Leone F, et al. Adiponectin secreted by tubular renal cells during LPS exposure worsens the cellular inflammatory damage. J Nephrol. 2016;29:185-194 pubmed publisher..Collectively our results suggest that in HK-2 cells, ADPN produced upon LPS stimulus could worsen the inflammatory damage in an autocrine-dependent manner. ..
- Savarino A, Bottarel F, Calosso L, Feito M, Bensi T, Bragardo M, et al. Effects of the human CD38 glycoprotein on the early stages of the HIV-1 replication cycle. FASEB J. 1999;13:2265-76 pubmed..Feito, M. J., Bensi, T., Bragardo, M., Rojo, J. M., Pugliese, A., Abbate, I., Capobianchi, M. R., Dianzani, F., Malavasi, F., and Dianzani, U. Effects of the human CD38 glycoprotein on the early stages of theHIV-1 replication cycle. ..
- Oliveri M, Daga A, Cantoni C, Lunardi C, Millo R, Puccetti A. DNase I mediates internucleosomal DNA degradation in human cells undergoing drug-induced apoptosis. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:743-51 pubmed..Our study provides the first in vivo evidence that DNase I mediates internucleosomal DNA degradation in human cells undergoing drug-induced apoptosis. ..
- Gallina A, Rossi F, Milanesi G. Rack1 binds HIV-1 Nef and can act as a Nef-protein kinase C adaptor. Virology. 2001;283:7-18 pubmed..Other signal transduction or endocytosis proteins, in particular Src-like kinases, might meet Nef by intermediation of the Rack1 adaptor. ..
- Guerini V, Sau D, Scaccianoce E, Rusmini P, Ciana P, Maggi A, et al. The androgen derivative 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol inhibits prostate cancer cell migration through activation of the estrogen receptor beta subtype. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5445-53 pubmed
- di Masi A, Viganotti M, Polticelli F, Ascenzi P, Tanzarella C, Antoccia A. The R215W mutation in NBS1 impairs gamma-H2AX binding and affects DNA repair: molecular bases for the severe phenotype of 657del5/R215W Nijmegen breakage syndrome patients. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:835-40 pubmed publisher..Present data represent the first evidence for the role of NBS1 tandem BRCT domains in gamma-H2AX recognition, and could explain the severe phenotype observed in 657del5/R215W NBS patients. ..
- Gianni M, Boldetti A, Guarnaccia V, Rambaldi A, Parrella E, Raska I, et al. Inhibition of the peptidyl-prolyl-isomerase Pin1 enhances the responses of acute myeloid leukemia cells to retinoic acid via stabilization of RARalpha and PML-RARalpha. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1016-26 pubmed publisher..Our results add a further layer of complexity to the regulation of nuclear retinoic acid receptors and suggest that Pin1 represents an important target for strategies aimed at increasing the therapeutic index of retinoids...
- Foresta M, Ropolo M, Degan P, Pettinati I, Kow Y, Damonte G, et al. Defective repair of 5-hydroxy-2'-deoxycytidine in Cockayne syndrome cells and its complementation by Escherichia coli formamidopyrimidine DNA glycosylase and endonuclease III. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:681-90 pubmed publisher..Hence, the expression of a single enzyme, FPG from E. coli, stably corrects the delayed removal of both oxidized purines and oxidized pyrimidines in CS cells. ..
- Piccini A, Borghi R, Guglielmotto M, Tamagno E, Cirmena G, Garuti A, et al. ?-amyloid 1-42 induces physiological transcriptional regulation of BACE1. J Neurochem. 2012;122:1023-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data imply that monomeric A? 1-42, at non-toxic concentrations and time frames, are able to induce a signaling pathway that leads to transcriptional activation of ?-secretase. ..
- Magnelli L, Cinelli M, Turchetti A, Chiarugi V. Bcl-2 overexpression abolishes early calcium waving preceding apoptosis in NIH-3T3 murine fibroblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:84-90 pubmed..Its abolition by bcl-2 overexpression suggests that this gene plays a role also on early events "priming" apoptosis. ..
- Geroni C, Marchini S, Cozzi P, Galliera E, Ragg E, Colombo T, et al. Brostallicin, a novel anticancer agent whose activity is enhanced upon binding to glutathione. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2332-6 pubmed..The decrease in brostallicin levels was monitored in these incubations; the rate of loss (and therefore brostallicin metabolism) was significantly higher for the M1-1 and P1-1 isoenzymes than for the A1-1 isoenzyme. ..
- Caravatta L, Sancilio S, Di Giacomo V, Rana R, Cataldi A, Di Pietro R. PI3-K/Akt-dependent activation of cAMP-response element-binding (CREB) protein in Jurkat T leukemia cells treated with TRAIL. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:192-200 pubmed..These results let us hypothesize that CREB activation can be an important player in the complex cross-talk among pro- and anti-apoptotic pathways in this peculiar cell model. ..
- Dover K, Solinas S, D Angelo E, Goldfarb M. Long-term inactivation particle for voltage-gated sodium channels. J Physiol. 2010;588:3695-711 pubmed publisher..We discuss potential structural mechanisms of long-term inactivation and potential roles of A-type FHFs in the modulation of action potential generation and conduction. ..
- D Agostino P, Faniello M, Quaresima B, Bevilacqua M, Tiano M, Ammendola R, et al. Negative and positive elements in the promoter region of the human apoferritin L gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;215:329-37 pubmed..Three positive elements are in the region upstream of the start of transcription; a fifth positive cis-element (element 5) is localized in the first exon of the L gene. ..
- Monti E, Preti A, Venerando B, Borsani G. Recent development in mammalian sialidase molecular biology. Neurochem Res. 2002;27:649-63 pubmed..Overall, the availability of the cDNA species encoding mammalian sialidases is an important step leading toward a comprehensive picture of the relationships between the structure and biological function of these enzymes...
- Salvatore P, Contursi C, Benvenuto G, Bruni C, Chiariotti L. Characterization and functional dissection of the galectin-1 gene promoter. FEBS Lett. 1995;373:159-63 pubmed..Both an upstream (-50/-26) and a downstream position-dependent (+10/+50) cis-elements are necessary for efficient transcriptional activity and are able to bind nuclear proteins. ..
- Golino P, Cirillo P, Calabro P, Ragni M, D ANDREA D, Avvedimento E, et al. Expression of exogenous tissue factor pathway inhibitor in vivo suppresses thrombus formation in injured rabbit carotid arteries. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001;38:569-76 pubmed..These data suggest that retroviral-mediated transfection of the arterial wall with TFPI might represent an attractive approach for the treatment of thrombotic disorders. ..
- Bracken A, Pasini D, Capra M, Prosperini E, Colli E, Helin K. EZH2 is downstream of the pRB-E2F pathway, essential for proliferation and amplified in cancer. EMBO J. 2003;22:5323-35 pubmed
- Susani L, Pangrazio A, Sobacchi C, Taranta A, Mortier G, Savarirayan R, et al. TCIRG1-dependent recessive osteopetrosis: mutation analysis, functional identification of the splicing defects, and in vitro rescue by U1 snRNA. Hum Mutat. 2004;24:225-35 pubmed..In addition, the present results suggest that modified U1 snRNAs may represent a new therapeutic strategy for arOP patients with a U1 snRNP-dependent splicing defect...
- Musumeci S, Calabrese G, Bonaccorso C, D Antoni S, Brouwer J, Bakker C, et al. Audiogenic seizure susceptibility is reduced in fragile X knockout mice after introduction of FMR1 transgenes. Exp Neurol. 2007;203:233-40 pubmed..We found that AGS susceptibility rescue is complete in the G6 mice and partial in YAC mice. Our data indicate that the introduction of the human FMR1 gene in Fmr1 KO mice is able to revert the Fmr1 KO epileptic phenotype. ..
- Puliti A, Rossi P, Caridi G, Corbelli A, Ikehata M, Armelloni S, et al. Albuminuria and glomerular damage in mice lacking the metabotropic glutamate receptor 1. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1257-69 pubmed publisher..Analogously, we speculate that mGlu1 receptor may regulate foot process morphology and intercellular signaling in the podocyte. ..
- Costantino L. Growth hormone secretagogue receptor antagonists. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2012;22:697-700 pubmed publisher..One of these peptides, among the few that have been studied in vivo, was shown to be able to reduce food intake and body weight gain in rats. ..
- Inui M, Montagner M, Ben Zvi D, Martello G, Soligo S, Manfrin A, et al. Self-regulation of the head-inducing properties of the Spemann organizer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15354-9 pubmed..In sum, this work reveals an unprecedented set of interactions operating within the organizer that is critical for embryonic patterning. ..
- Zauli G, Gibellini D, Milani D, Mazzoni M, Borgatti P, La Placa M, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat protein protects lymphoid, epithelial, and neuronal cell lines from death by apoptosis. Cancer Res. 1993;53:4481-5 pubmed