Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transfection in Germany
Publications663 found, 100 shown here
- Kleinhammer A, Wurst W, Kühn R. Constitutive and conditional RNAi transgenesis in mice. Methods. 2011;53:430-6 pubmed publisher..ES cells expressing the shRNA of interest can then be used to generate shRNA transgenic mice. The high efficiency of RMCE in ES cells enables the fast production of knockdown mice for in vivo functional analysis. ..
- Zwilling S, Annweiler A, Wirth T. The POU domains of the Oct1 and Oct2 transcription factors mediate specific interaction with TBP. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:1655-62 pubmed..Co-transfection of human TBP and Oct2 expression vectors into B cells resulted in a synergistic activation of an octamer motif containing promoter. ..
- Teubner B, Odermatt B, Guldenagel M, Sohl G, Degen J, Bukauskas F, et al. Functional expression of the new gap junction gene connexin47 transcribed in mouse brain and spinal cord neurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:1117-26 pubmed..Thus, electrical synapses in adult mammalian brain are likely to consist of different connexin proteins depending on the neuronal subtype. ..
- Santoro R, Li J, Grummt I. The nucleolar remodeling complex NoRC mediates heterochromatin formation and silencing of ribosomal gene transcription. Nat Genet. 2002;32:393-6 pubmed..These results indicate that active and inactive rRNA genes can be demarcated by their associated proteins, and link chromatin remodeling to DNA methylation and specific histone modifications. ..
- Pelisek J, Kuehnl A, Rolland P, Mekkaoui C, Fuchs A, Walker G, et al. Functional analysis of genomic DNA, cDNA, and nucleotide sequence of the mature C-type natriuretic peptide gene in vascular cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1646-51 pubmed
- Blaheta R, Beecken W, Engl T, Jonas D, Oppermann E, Hundemer M, et al. Human cytomegalovirus infection of tumor cells downregulates NCAM (CD56): a novel mechanism for virus-induced tumor invasiveness. Neoplasia. 2004;6:323-31 pubmed..We conclude that HCMV infection leads to downregulation of NCAM receptors, which is associated with enhanced tumor cell invasiveness. ..
- Tajima N, Schönherr K, Niedling S, Kaatz M, Kanno H, Schönherr R, et al. Ca2+-activated K+ channels in human melanoma cells are up-regulated by hypoxia involving hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and the von Hippel-Lindau protein. J Physiol. 2006;571:349-59 pubmed..Thus, up-regulation of K(Ca) channels may be a novel mechanism by which HIFs can contribute to the malignant phenotype of human tumour cells. ..
- Teusch N, Kiefer C. A high-content screening assay for the Nogo receptor based on cellular Rho activation. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2006;4:133-41 pubmed..The increased throughput of the cellular GTPase activation assay compared with the biochemical method should facilitate the evaluation of compounds that modulate the actin cytoskeleton through Rho. ..
- Schaffar G, Taniguchi J, Brodbeck T, Meyer A, Schmidt M, Yamashita T, et al. LIM-only protein 4 interacts directly with the repulsive guidance molecule A receptor Neogenin. J Neurochem. 2008;107:418-31 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that an interaction of Neogenin with LMO4 is involved in the RGM A - Neogenin signal transduction pathway for RhoA activation. ..
- Brandt M, Endres Becker J, Zagidullin N, Motloch L, Er F, Rottlaender D, et al. Effects of KCNE2 on HCN isoforms: distinct modulation of membrane expression and single channel properties. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H355-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate KCNE2-mediated distinct effects on HCN membrane expression and direct functional modulation of HCN isoforms, further supporting that KCNE2 surves as a regulatory beta-subunit of HCN channels. ..
- Endres T, Zheng M, Beck Broichsitter M, Samsonova O, Debus H, Kissel T. Optimising the self-assembly of siRNA loaded PEG-PCL-lPEI nano-carriers employing different preparation techniques. J Control Release. 2012;160:583-91 pubmed publisher..8±1.5 vs. 24.5±2.2% knockdown). Therefore, microfluidic complexation represents a reproducible alternative for formulating gene delivery carriers with superior colloidal stability, RNA protection and transfection efficiency. ..
- Hofmann M, Fieber C, Assmann V, Gottlicher M, Sleeman J, Plug R, et al. Identification of IHABP, a 95 kDa intracellular hyaluronate binding protein. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 12):1673-84 pubmed..Clearly, the sequence we have identified encodes a protein with properties substantially different to the RHAMM protein. We tentatively name the protein intracellular hyaluronic acid binding protein, IHABP. ..
- Schönherr R, Gessner G, Löber K, Heinemann S. Functional distinction of human EAG1 and EAG2 potassium channels. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:204-8 pubmed..4 microM) more potently than hEAG2 channels (IC(50) 152 microM), thus providing a useful tool for the functional distinction between hEAG1 and hEAG2 potassium channels. ..
- Hansen I, Jakob O, Wortmann S, Arzberger T, Allolio B, Blind E. Characterization of the human and mouse genes encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues, a ligand of the parathyroid hormone receptor family. J Endocrinol. 2002;174:95-102 pubmed..The tools developed in this work will allow us to investigate the possible role of TIP39 as a locally or systemically secreted ligand modulating the function of the PTH receptor family. ..
- Sapetschnig A, Rischitor G, Braun H, Doll A, Schergaut M, Melchior F, et al. Transcription factor Sp3 is silenced through SUMO modification by PIAS1. EMBO J. 2002;21:5206-15 pubmed..SUMO-modified Sp3 bound to DNA with similar specificity and affinity as unmodified Sp3. However, DNA-bound Sp3 did not act as a substrate for SUMO modification. ..
- Strieder V, Lutz W. E2F proteins regulate MYCN expression in neuroblastomas. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2983-9 pubmed..These data suggest that E2F transcription factors are critical for both the full activation and the repression of MYCN in neuroblastomas. ..
- Lindemann R, Braig M, Hauser C, Nordheim A, Dittmer J. Ets2 and protein kinase C epsilon are important regulators of parathyroid hormone-related protein expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Biochem J. 2003;372:787-97 pubmed..Our results suggest an ERK1/2-dependent Ets2/PKC epsilon synergism to be involved in PTHrP expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. ..
- Distelmaier F, Wiedemann P, Bruss M, Bonisch H. Functional importance of the C-terminus of the human norepinephrine transporter. J Neurochem. 2004;91:537-46 pubmed..Expression of hNET-Ex15L exerted a dominant negative effect on plasma membrane expression of the wild-type hNET and thus may represent a novel mechanism for regulation of noradrenergic neurotransmission. ..
- Esser C, Scheffner M, Hohfeld J. The chaperone-associated ubiquitin ligase CHIP is able to target p53 for proteasomal degradation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27443-8 pubmed..Our data reveal that mutant and wild-type p53 transiently associate with molecular chaperones and can be diverted onto a degradation pathway through this association. ..
- Samraj A, Sohn D, Schulze Osthoff K, Schmitz I. Loss of caspase-9 reveals its essential role for caspase-2 activation and mitochondrial membrane depolarization. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:84-93 pubmed..Caspase-9 is not only required for DeltaPsi(M) loss but also for caspase-2 activation, suggesting that these two events are downstream of the apoptosome. ..
- Wolf S, Patchev V, Obendorf M. A novel variant of the putative demethylase gene, s-JMJD1C, is a coactivator of the AR. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;460:56-66 pubmed..As s-JMJD1C has putative demethylase activity, removal of methylation seems to be important for nuclear receptor-based gene regulation. ..
- Ehlers S, Mueck T, Adams S, Landuzzi L, Lollini P, Munz B. RIP2 regulates growth and differentiation of normal myoblasts and of rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:163-72 pubmed..These data indicate that differential expression of rip genes can be associated with abnormal growth and differentiation behaviour of skeletal myoblasts. ..
- Censarek P, Steger G, Paolini C, Hohlfeld T, Grosser T, Zimmermann N, et al. Alternative splicing of platelet cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA in patients after coronary artery bypass grafting. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1309-15 pubmed
- Kirschner K, Hagen P, Hussels C, Ballmaier M, Scholz H, Dame C. The Wilms' tumor suppressor Wt1 activates transcription of the erythropoietin receptor in hematopoietic progenitor cells. FASEB J. 2008;22:2690-701 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, activation of the EpoR gene by Wt1 may represent an important mechanism in normal hematopoiesis. ..
- Liu Y, Schirra C, Stevens D, Matti U, Speidel D, Hof D, et al. CAPS facilitates filling of the rapidly releasable pool of large dense-core vesicles. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5594-601 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CAPS is required for the adequate refilling and/or maintenance of a rapidly releasable granule pool. ..
- Briel D, Rudolph I, Unverferth K, Mann S. Synthesis of disubstituted 1,4-diazepines with affinity to GABAA-receptor subtypes. Pharmazie. 2010;65:641-4 pubmed..Compounds 4b and 5 were investigated concerning their affinity to different benzodiazepine receptor subtypes. The determined IC50 values for 5 are 1.5 microM and 1.1 microM at 10 microM respectively. ..
- Wehner N, Hartmann L, Ehlert A, Böttner S, Oñate Sánchez L, Dröge Laser W. High-throughput protoplast transactivation (PTA) system for the analysis of Arabidopsis transcription factor function. Plant J. 2011;68:560-9 pubmed publisher..This novel molecular tool will improve functional studies on transcriptional regulation in plants significantly...
- Zimmermann O, Homann J, Bangert A, Müller A, Hristov G, Goeser S, et al. Successful use of mRNA-nucleofection for overexpression of interleukin-10 in murine monocytes/macrophages for anti-inflammatory therapy in a murine model of autoimmune myocarditis. J Am Heart Assoc. 2012;1:e003293 pubmed publisher..Because the nucleofection technique is GMP adapted, an in vivo use in humans seems basically feasible and the transfer to other inflammatory diseases seems likely. ..
- Chen J, Liefke R, Jiang L, Wang J, Huang C, Gong Z, et al. Biochemical Features of Recombinant Human Cyclophilin J. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1175-80 pubmed..CYPJ structurally resembles CYPA. It is sensitive to inhibition by CsA and plays a role in regulating cell growth, proliferation, and apoptosis. ..
- Tippmer S, Quitterer U, Kolm V, Faussner A, Roscher A, Mosthaf L, et al. Bradykinin induces translocation of the protein kinase C isoforms alpha, epsilon, and zeta. Eur J Biochem. 1994;225:297-304 pubmed..In this cell system similar results on PKC alpha, epsilon, and zeta were observed, suggesting that all three PKC isoforms are involved in signal transduction of the B2 receptor. ..
- Bruss M, Porzgen P, Bryan Lluka L, Bonisch H. The rat norepinephrine transporter: molecular cloning from PC12 cells and functional expression. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;52:257-62 pubmed..The cloned rNET cDNA provides the opportunity to investigate this transporter in heterologous expression systems and adds a new member to the family of sodium- and chloride-dependent neurotransmitter transporters. ..
- Sorg G, Stamminger T. Mapping of nuclear localization signals by simultaneous fusion to green fluorescent protein and to beta-galactosidase. Biotechniques. 1999;26:858-62 pubmed
- Pasel K, Schulz A, Timmermann K, Linnemann K, Hoeltzenbein M, Jaaskelainen J, et al. Functional characterization of the molecular defects causing nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in eight families. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:1703-10 pubmed..As the extracellularly located F105 is highly conserved among the vasopressin/oxytocin receptor family, functional analysis of this residue implicates an important role in high affinity agonist binding...
- Siedow A, Szyf M, Gratchev A, Kobalz U, Hanski M, Bumke Vogt C, et al. De novo expression of the Muc2 gene in pancreas carcinoma cells is triggered by promoter demethylation. Tumour Biol. 2002;23:54-60 pubmed..They warrant further investigations on the relationship between MUC2 promoter demethylation in pancreatic cancer and the prognosis of carcinoma patients. ..
- Willem M, Miosge N, Halfter W, Smyth N, Jannetti I, Burghart E, et al. Specific ablation of the nidogen-binding site in the laminin gamma1 chain interferes with kidney and lung development. Development. 2002;129:2711-22 pubmed..These data demonstrate that an interaction between two basement membrane proteins is required for early kidney morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Schwarzmann N, Kunerth S, Weber K, Mayr G, Guse A. Knock-down of the type 3 ryanodine receptor impairs sustained Ca2+ signaling via the T cell receptor/CD3 complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50636-42 pubmed..These data suggest that the type 3 ryanodine receptor is essential in the sustained Ca(2+) response in T cells. ..
- Lindemann R, Braig M, Ballschmieter P, Guise T, Nordheim A, Dittmer J. Protein kinase Calpha regulates Ets1 transcriptional activity in invasive breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:799-805 pubmed..Using verapamil and ionomycin, we could show that PKCalpha induces Ets1 phosphorylation independent of calcium mobilization. Collectively, our data suggest that PKCalpha may regulate Ets1 activity in invasive breast cancer cells. ..
- Grünweller A, Wyszko E, Bieber B, Jahnel R, Erdmann V, Kurreck J. Comparison of different antisense strategies in mammalian cells using locked nucleic acids, 2'-O-methyl RNA, phosphorothioates and small interfering RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:3185-93 pubmed..The high potency of siRNAs and chimeric LNA-DNA oligonucleotides make them valuable candidates for cell culture and in vivo applications targeting the VR1 mRNA. ..
- Naseri J, Truong N, Hörentrup J, Kuballa P, Vogel A, Rompel A, et al. Porcine purple acid phosphatase: heterologous expression, characterization, and proteolytic analysis. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004;432:25-36 pubmed..Digestion with the aspartic protease pepsin resulted in a 2.5-fold enzyme inactivation correlated with the appearance of low molecular weight polypeptide fragments and the release of enzyme-bound iron. ..
- Michels G, Er F, Khan I, Südkamp M, Herzig S, Hoppe U. Single-channel properties support a potential contribution of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels and If to cardiac arrhythmias. Circulation. 2005;111:399-404 pubmed..9 mV; k=-9.9+/-1.5; n=8) was well within the diastolic voltage range of human atrial myocardium. These observations support a potential contribution of HCN/I(f) to the arrhythmogenesis of working myocardium under pathological conditions. ..
- Kuhn J, Leege T, Klupp B, Granzow H, Fuchs W, Mettenleiter T. Partial functional complementation of a pseudorabies virus UL25 deletion mutant by herpes simplex virus type 1 pUL25 indicates overlapping functions of alphaherpesvirus pUL25 proteins. J Virol. 2008;82:5725-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate overlapping, although not identical functions of these two conserved herpesvirus proteins, and point to a conserved functional role in herpes virion formation. ..
- Malek A, Bakhidze E, Noske A, Sers C, Aigner A, Schafer R, et al. HMGA2 gene is a promising target for ovarian cancer silencing therapy. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:348-356 pubmed publisher..The tumor growth inhibition effect of HMGA2 silencing for Ovcar-3 cells was validated in vivo. Our findings revealed that the HMGA2 gene represents a promising target for gene silencing therapy in ovarian cancer. ..
- Webler A, Michaelis U, Popp R, Barbosa Sicard E, Murugan A, Falck J, et al. Epoxyeicosatrienoic acids are part of the VEGF-activated signaling cascade leading to angiogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1292-301 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that CYP2C-derived EETs participate as second messengers in the angiogenic response initiated by VEGF and that preventing the increase in CYP expression curtails the angiogenic response to VEGF. ..
- Gassanov N, Er F, Michels G, Zagidullin N, Brandt M, Hoppe U. Divergent regulation of cardiac KCND3 potassium channel expression by the thyroid hormone receptors alpha1 and beta1. J Physiol. 2009;587:1319-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, I(to) is modulated by diverse T3-dependent regulation of underlying gene transcription. TRalpha1 and TRbeta1 exhibit distinct effects on KCND3 transactivation with TRalpha1 enhancing and TRbeta1 suppressing KCND3 transcription. ..
- Schmitz K, Schmitt N, Hoffmann Rohrer U, Schäfer A, Grummt I, Mayer C. TAF12 recruits Gadd45a and the nucleotide excision repair complex to the promoter of rRNA genes leading to active DNA demethylation. Mol Cell. 2009;33:344-53 pubmed publisher..The results reveal a mechanism that recruits the DNA repair machinery to the promoter of active genes, keeping them in a hypomethylated state. ..
- Danzer K, Krebs S, Wolff M, Birk G, Hengerer B. Seeding induced by alpha-synuclein oligomers provides evidence for spreading of alpha-synuclein pathology. J Neurochem. 2009;111:192-203 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that extracellular alpha-syn oligomers can induce intracellular alpha-syn aggregation, therefore we hypothesize that a similar mechanism might lead to alpha-syn pathology propagation. ..
- Bouyssou T, Casarosa P, Naline E, Pestel S, Konetzki I, Devillier P, et al. Pharmacological characterization of olodaterol, a novel inhaled beta2-adrenoceptor agonist exerting a 24-hour-long duration of action in preclinical models. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;334:53-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the preclinical behavior of olodaterol suggests that this novel beta(2)-AR agonist has the profile for once-daily dosing in humans concomitant with a fast onset of action and a favorable systemic pharmacodynamic profile. ..
- Stracke R, Jahns O, Keck M, Tohge T, Niehaus K, Fernie A, et al. Analysis of PRODUCTION OF FLAVONOL GLYCOSIDES-dependent flavonol glycoside accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana plants reveals MYB11-, MYB12- and MYB111-independent flavonol glycoside accumulation. New Phytol. 2010;188:985-1000 pubmed publisher..We present evidence that a separate flavonol control mechanism might be at play in pollen. ..
- Mühlebach M, Schaser T, Zimmermann M, Armeanu S, Hanschmann K, Cattaneo R, et al. Liver cancer protease activity profiles support therapeutic options with matrix metalloproteinase-activatable oncolytic measles virus. Cancer Res. 2010;70:7620-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings underline the clinical potency of the MMP activation concept as a strategy to generate safer oncolytic viruses for the treatment of primary and secondary cancers of the liver. ..
- Pöltl D, Schildknecht S, Karreman C, Leist M. Uncoupling of ATP-depletion and cell death in human dopaminergic neurons. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:769-79 pubmed publisher..These processes may form self-enhancing signaling loops, that aggravate an initial energetic impairment and eventually determine cell fate. ..
- Aichler M, Elsner M, Ludyga N, Feuchtinger A, Zangen V, Maier S, et al. Clinical response to chemotherapy in oesophageal adenocarcinoma patients is linked to defects in mitochondria. J Pathol. 2013;230:410-9 pubmed publisher..This connection between mitochondrial respiration and chemosensitivity is relevant to anticancer therapeutics that target the mitochondrial electron transport chain. ..
- Dejanovic B, Schwarz G. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase-dependent S-nitrosylation of gephyrin regulates gephyrin clustering at GABAergic synapses. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7763-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, S-nitrosylation of gephyrin is important for homeostatic assembly and plasticity of GABAergic synapses. ..
- Otto A, Stoltz M, Sailer H, Brandsch R. Biogenesis of the covalently flavinylated mitochondrial enzyme dimethylglycine dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9823-9 pubmed
- Tautz N, Harada T, Kaiser A, Rinck G, Behrens S, Thiel H. Establishment and characterization of cytopathogenic and noncytopathogenic pestivirus replicons. J Virol. 1999;73:9422-32 pubmed..These replicons will facilitate future studies aimed at the determination of the molecular basis for the cytopathogenicity of BVDV. ..
- Christ N, Corona T, Droge P. Site-specific recombination in eukaryotic cells mediated by mutant lambda integrases: implications for synaptic complex formation and the reactivity of episomal DNA segments. J Mol Biol. 2002;319:305-14 pubmed..It also provides a potential means to control site-specific recombination in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Spilker C, Dresbach T, Braunewell K. Reversible translocation and activity-dependent localization of the calcium-myristoyl switch protein VILIP-1 to different membrane compartments in living hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7331-9 pubmed
- Hammer S, Spika I, Sippl W, Jessen G, Kleuser B, Höltje H, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor interactions with glucocorticoids: evaluation by molecular modeling and functional analysis of glucocorticoid receptor mutants. Steroids. 2003;68:329-39 pubmed..Asn-564 is shown to be very important for ligand binding and even more for target gene activation and transcription factor repression. ..
- Strutz Seebohm N, Werner M, Madsen D, Seebohm G, Zheng Y, Walker C, et al. Functional analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans glutamate receptor subunits by domain transplantation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44691-701 pubmed..elegans can be occupied by other amino acids, including, surprisingly, lysine and proline, without loss of these properties. ..
- Weiwad M, Edlich F, Erdmann F, Jarczowski F, Kilka S, Dorn M, et al. A reassessment of the inhibitory capacity of human FKBP38 on calcineurin. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1591-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that hFKBP38 cannot substitute for the FKBP/FK506 complex in signaling pathways controlled by the protein phosphatase activity of calcineurin. ..
- Ebbinghaus Kintscher U, Luemmen P, Lobitz N, Schulte T, Funke C, Fischer R, et al. Phthalic acid diamides activate ryanodine-sensitive Ca2+ release channels in insects. Cell Calcium. 2006;39:21-33 pubmed..This novel insecticide mode of action seems to be restricted to specific RyR subtypes because the phthalic acid diamides reported here had almost no effect on mammalian type 1 ryanodine receptors. ..
- Plant T, Zöllner C, Mousa S, Oksche A. Endothelin-1 potentiates capsaicin-induced TRPV1 currents via the endothelin A receptor. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:1161-4 pubmed..Thus, ET(A) receptor antagonists may be of importance in painful states with increased circulating ET-1 levels, as found in cancer and in chronic inflammation. ..
- Busch K, Bereiter Hahn J, Wittig I, Schagger H, Jendrach M. Mitochondrial dynamics generate equal distribution but patchwork localization of respiratory Complex I. Mol Membr Biol. 2006;23:509-20 pubmed..These findings substantiate the view of a homogenous mitochondrial population due to constantly rearranging mitochondria, but also indicate the existence of distinct inner mitochondrial sub-compartments for respiratory chain complexes. ..
- Chen Y, Pacyna Gengelbach M, Ye F, Knösel T, Lund P, Deutschmann N, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 1 (IGFBP-rP1) has potential tumour-suppressive activity in human lung cancer. J Pathol. 2007;211:431-8 pubmed..The data suggest that IGFBP-rP1 is a tumour suppressor inactivated by DNA methylation in human lung cancer. ..
- Ueffing N, Keil E, Freund C, Kühne R, Schulze Osthoff K, Schmitz I. Mutational analyses of c-FLIPR, the only murine short FLIP isoform, reveal requirements for DISC recruitment. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:773-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, despite the presence of similar tandem DEDs, viral and cellular FLIPs inhibit apoptosis by remarkably divergent mechanisms. ..
- Klein C, Rovelli G, Springer W, Schall C, Gasser T, Kahle P. Homo- and heterodimerization of ROCO kinases: LRRK2 kinase inhibition by the LRRK2 ROCO fragment. J Neurochem. 2009;111:703-15 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our finding of ROCO(LRRK2) fragment-mediated LRRK2 kinase inhibition offers a novel lead for drug design and thus might have important implications for new therapeutic avenues in PD. ..
- Gierten J, Hassel D, Schweizer P, Becker R, Katus H, Thomas D. Identification and functional characterization of zebrafish K(2P)10.1 (TREK2) two-pore-domain K(+) channels. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1818:33-41 pubmed publisher..1 two-pore-domain K(+) channels that exhibit structural and functional properties largely similar to human K(2P)10.1. We conclude that the zebrafish represents a valid model to study K(2P)10.1 function in vivo. ..
- Eke I, Dickreuter E, Cordes N. Enhanced radiosensitivity of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells by β1 integrin inhibition. Radiother Oncol. 2012;104:235-42 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to evaluate whether targeting β1 integrin emerges as novel approach to improve radiotherapy patients' outcome. ..
- Riet T, Holzinger A, Dörrie J, Schaft N, Schuler G, Abken H. Nonviral RNA transfection to transiently modify T cells with chimeric antigen receptors for adoptive therapy. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;969:187-201 pubmed publisher..This chapter focuses on methods to modify human T cells from peripheral blood with a CAR by electroporation of in vitro transcribed RNA and to test modified T cells for function for use in adoptive immunotherapy. ..
- Witter K, Werner T, Blusch J, Schneider E, Riess O, Ziegler I, et al. Cloning, sequencing and functional studies of the gene encoding human GTP cyclohydrolase I. Gene. 1996;171:285-90 pubmed..Interferon-gamma treatment of B-cells transfected with reporter constructs had no influence on the expression activity. ..
- Jakobs T, Schmutzler C, Meissner J, Kohrle J. The promoter of the human type I 5'-deiodinase gene--mapping of the transcription start site and identification of a DR+4 thyroid-hormone-responsive element. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:288-97 pubmed..This data indicates that triiodothyronine, the end product of thyroid hormone synthesis, positively regulates one of the key enzymes in its production. ..
- Behrens S, Grassmann C, Thiel H, Meyers G, Tautz N. Characterization of an autonomous subgenomic pestivirus RNA replicon. J Virol. 1998;72:2364-72 pubmed..The implications for other Flaviviridae and, in particular, the BVDV-related human hepatitis C virus are discussed. ..
- Naumann U, Weit S, Wischhusen J, Weller M. Diva/Boo is a negative regulator of cell death in human glioma cells. FEBS Lett. 2001;505:23-6 pubmed
- Arakawa H, Lodygin D, Buerstedde J. Mutant loxP vectors for selectable marker recycle and conditional knock-outs. BMC Biotechnol. 2001;1:7 pubmed..As the marker and the cDNA expression cassettes are driven by the universally active and evolutionary conserved beta-actin promoter, they can be used for the selection of stable transfectants in a wide range of cell lines. ..
- Wobser H, Dussmann H, Kogel D, Wang H, Reimertz C, Wollheim C, et al. Dominant-negative suppression of HNF-1 alpha results in mitochondrial dysfunction, INS-1 cell apoptosis, and increased sensitivity to ceramide-, but not to high glucose-induced cell death. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6413-21 pubmed..Therefore, our data indicate that increased sensitivity to the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway and decreased cell proliferation may account for the progressive loss of beta-cell function seen in MODY 3 subjects. ..
- Rossig L, Badorff C, Holzmann Y, Zeiher A, Dimmeler S. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 couples AKT-dependent signaling to the regulation of p21Cip1 degradation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9684-9 pubmed..001). These data indicate that GSK-3 triggers p21(Cip1) degradation. In contrast, stimulation of AKT increases p21(Cip1) via inhibitory phosphorylation of GSK-3. ..
- Litterst C, Pfitzner E. An LXXLL motif in the transactivation domain of STAT6 mediates recruitment of NCoA-1/SRC-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36052-60 pubmed
- Yücel R, Kosan C, Heyd F, Moroy T. Gfi1:green fluorescent protein knock-in mutant reveals differential expression and autoregulation of the growth factor independence 1 (Gfi1) gene during lymphocyte development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40906-17 pubmed..Because Gfi1 was found to occupy genomic sites of its own promoter in thymocytes and was able to repress its own transcription in vitro we propose that transcription of the Gfi1 gene is regulated through an autoregulatory feedback loop. ..
- Roeder T, Görich D, Heyden D, Gewecke M. A green-fluorescent-protein-based assay for the characterization of G-protein-coupled receptors. Anal Biochem. 2004;332:38-45 pubmed
- Ollinger R, Alsheimer M, Benavente R. Mammalian protein SCP1 forms synaptonemal complex-like structures in the absence of meiotic chromosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:212-7 pubmed..We conclude that SCP1 is a primary determinant of SC assembly that plays a key role in synapsis of homologous chromosomes. ..
- Bauer S, Maier S, Neyses L, Maass A. Optimization of gene transfer into neonatal rat cardiomyocytes and unmasking of cytomegalovirus promoter silencing. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:381-7 pubmed..In fact, a large proportion of cells is silently transfected and seems to express (an) inhibitor(s) of transcription from the CMV promoter that can be overcome by stimulation of cAMP- or protein kinase C-dependent pathways. ..
- Schmidt U, Richter K, Berger A, Lichter P. In vivo BiFC analysis of Y14 and NXF1 mRNA export complexes: preferential localization within and around SC35 domains. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:373-81 pubmed..These results suggest that a fraction of RNA, which remains in the nucleus for several hours despite its association with splicing and export proteins, accumulates in speckles because of an ATP-dependent mechanism...
- Dirks P, Thomas U, Montag D. The cytoplasmic domain of NrCAM binds to PDZ domains of synapse-associated proteins SAP90/PSD95 and SAP97. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:25-31 pubmed..In summary, our results confirm a functional PDZ domain binding motif at the carboxy-terminus of NrCAM and support potential functions of NrCAM during the assembly of highly organized protein complexes at the cell membrane. ..
- Censarek P, Bobbe A, Grandoch M, Schror K, Weber A. Alternatively spliced human tissue factor (asHTF) is not pro-coagulant. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:11-4 pubmed..As expected, a marked pro-coagulant activity (FX activation, thrombin generation) was observed on the surface, in lysates, and on microparticles from HTF transfected cells. In contrast, no pro-coagulant activity of asHTF was observed. ..
- Stracke R, Ishihara H, Huep G, Barsch A, Mehrtens F, Niehaus K, et al. Differential regulation of closely related R2R3-MYB transcription factors controls flavonol accumulation in different parts of the Arabidopsis thaliana seedling. Plant J. 2007;50:660-77 pubmed..Therefore, we refer to these genes as PFG1-3 for 'PRODUCTION OF FLAVONOL GLYCOSIDES'. ..
- Schwartzkopff S, Gründemann C, Schweier O, Rosshart S, Karjalainen K, Becker K, et al. Tumor-associated E-cadherin mutations affect binding to the killer cell lectin-like receptor G1 in humans. J Immunol. 2007;179:1022-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that the main adhesion molecule of epithelial tissue, E-cadherin, is involved in regulation of NK cells in both humans and mice. ..
- Kowsky S, Pöppelmeyer C, Kramer E, Falkenburger B, Kruse A, Klein R, et al. RET signaling does not modulate MPTP toxicity but is required for regeneration of dopaminergic axon terminals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20049-54 pubmed..We therefore conclude that RET signaling has no influence on the survival of dopaminergic neurons in the MPTP model of Parkinson's disease but rather facilitates the regeneration of dopaminergic axon terminals. ..
- Wenke A, Grassel S, Moser M, Bosserhoff A. The cartilage-specific transcription factor Sox9 regulates AP-2epsilon expression in chondrocytes. FEBS J. 2009;276:2494-504 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to prove the direct regulation of AP-2epsilon by the transcription factor Sox9, and to indicate that AP-2epsilon potentially has an important role as a modulator of hypertrophic cartilage. ..
- Muth Köhne E, Terhag J, Pahl S, Werner M, Joshi I, Hollmann M. Functional excitatory GABAA receptors precede ionotropic glutamate receptors in radial glia-like neural stem cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;43:209-21 pubmed publisher..Early neuronal markers remained unchanged. These data extend our knowledge about ionotropic neurotransmitter receptor expression during neuronal development and will aid further investigations on activity-dependent neurogenesis. ..
- Reich A, Spering C, Gertz K, Harms C, Gerhardt E, Kronenberg G, et al. Fas/CD95 regulatory protein Faim2 is neuroprotective after transient brain ischemia. J Neurosci. 2011;31:225-33 pubmed publisher..These processes were rescued by lentiviral Faim2 gene transfer. In summary, we provide evidence that Faim2 is a novel neuroprotective molecule in the context of cerebral ischemia. ..
- Roesler S, Koch F, Schmehl T, Weissmann N, Seeger W, Gessler T, et al. Amphiphilic, low molecular weight poly(ethylene imine) derivatives with enhanced stability for efficient pulmonary gene delivery. J Gene Med. 2011;13:123-33 pubmed publisher..A new set of polymers with low toxicity and high stability was synthesized, which contains promising candidates for pulmonary gene transfer, as documented by in vivo experiments in mice. ..