Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: transcription factors
Publications687 found, 100 shown here
- Oberley M, Inman D, Farnham P. E2F6 negatively regulates BRCA1 in human cancer cells without methylation of histone H3 on lysine 9. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42466-76 pubmed..In summary, we have identified 48 endogenous target genes of E2F6 and have shown that E2F6 can repress target promoters in a manner that does not require histone H3 methylation at lysine 9. ..
- McConnell A, Gelbart M, Tsukiyama T. Histone fold protein Dls1p is required for Isw2-dependent chromatin remodeling in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2605-13 pubmed..Dls1p is likely required for functions of the Isw2 complex at steps subsequent to its interaction with chromatin, since a dls1 mutation does not affect cross-linking of Isw2 with chromatin. ..
- Sanford D, DeWille J. C/EBPdelta is a downstream mediator of IL-6 induced growth inhibition of prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2005;63:143-54 pubmed..Ongoing studies are investigating the mechanism by which C/EBPdelta controls prostate cancer cell growth and the potential role of C/EBPdelta in the survival and chemo resistance of prostate cancer metastasis. (c) 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Nair A, Michael B, Hiraragi H, Fernandez S, Feuer G, Boris Lawrie K, et al. Human T lymphotropic virus type 1 accessory protein p12I modulates calcium-mediated cellular gene expression and enhances p300 expression in T lymphocytes. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2005;21:273-84 pubmed..Collectively, our data strongly indicate that HTLV-1 p12I modulates cellular gene expression patterns to hasten the activation of T lymphocytes and thereby promote efficient viral infection. ..
- Lucas M, Muller F, Rüdiger R, Henion P, Rohrer H. The bHLH transcription factor hand2 is essential for noradrenergic differentiation of sympathetic neurons. Development. 2006;133:4015-24 pubmed..These results demonstrate in vivo an essential and selective function of hand2 for the noradrenergic differentiation of sympathetic neurons, and implicates tfap2a and gata2 as downstream effectors. ..
- Suzuki M, Wang H, McCarty D. Repression of the LEAFY COTYLEDON 1/B3 regulatory network in plant embryo development by VP1/ABSCISIC ACID INSENSITIVE 3-LIKE B3 genes. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:902-11 pubmed..We suggest that VAL targets Sph/RY-containing genes in the network for chromatin-mediated repression in conjunction with the PKL-related CHD3 chromatin-remodeling factors. ..
- Taneyhill L, Coles E, Bronner Fraser M. Snail2 directly represses cadherin6B during epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitions of the neural crest. Development. 2007;134:1481-90 pubmed..These results are the first to describe a direct target of Snail2 repression in vivo and in the context of the EMT that characterizes neural crest development. ..
- Lindsay C, Morozov V, Ishov A. PML NBs (ND10) and Daxx: from nuclear structure to protein function. Front Biosci. 2008;13:7132-42 pubmed
- Cole M, Cowling V. Transcription-independent functions of MYC: regulation of translation and DNA replication. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2008;9:810-5 pubmed publisher..Recently, MYC was shown to control protein expression through mRNA translation and to directly regulate DNA replication, thus initiating exciting new areas of oncogene research. ..
- Hoare S, Hoare K, Reinhard M, Flagg T, May W. Functional characterization of the murine Tnk1 promoter. Gene. 2009;444:1-9 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanism by which the m-Tnk1 promoter can be dynamically regulated during normal growth. ..
- Hilton T, Gross M, Kioussi C. Pitx2-dependent occupancy by histone deacetylases is associated with T-box gene regulation in mammalian abdominal tissue. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11129-42 pubmed publisher..These studies will provide the basic scientific underpinning to understand abdominal wall syndromes. ..
- Zhou J, Hu G, Wang X. Repression of smooth muscle differentiation by a novel high mobility group box-containing protein, HMG2L1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23177-85 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence of this novel HMG2L1 molecule playing an important role in attenuating smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Lee H, Cording A, Vielmetter J, Zinn K. Interactions between a receptor tyrosine phosphatase and a cell surface ligand regulate axon guidance and glial-neuronal communication. Neuron. 2013;78:813-26 pubmed publisher..We find that neuronal Ptp10D restrains signaling by overexpressed glial Sas, which would otherwise produce strong glial and axonal phenotypes. ..
- Teng C, BEAMES B, Alex Merrick B, Martin N, Romeo C, Jetten A. Development of a stable cell line with an intact PGC-1Î±/ERRÎ± axis for screening environmental chemicals. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:177-81 pubmed publisher..These cell lines will be useful for identifying environmental chemicals that modulate this important pathway. ..
- Gorman M, Kaufman T. Genetic analysis of embryonic cis-acting regulatory elements of the Drosophila homeotic gene sex combs reduced. Genetics. 1995;140:557-72 pubmed..In contrast, Scr regulation in the visceral mesoderm is controlled by an enhancer(s) located in only one DNA fragment. ..
- Mosser E, Kasanov J, Forsberg E, Kay B, Ney P, Bresnick E. Physical and functional interactions between the transactivation domain of the hematopoietic transcription factor NF-E2 and WW domains. Biochemistry. 1998;37:13686-95 pubmed..Mutation of PPXY-1, but not PPXY-2, inhibited the transactivation function of NF-E2, providing support for the hypothesis that WW domain interactions are important for NF-E2-mediated transactivation. ..
- Bates D, Popescu C, Khoroshilova N, Vogt K, Beinert H, Munck E, et al. Substitution of leucine 28 with histidine in the Escherichia coli transcription factor FNR results in increased stability of the [4Fe-4S](2+) cluster to oxygen. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6234-40 pubmed..From these results, we present a model to explain how WT-FNR is normally inactivated under aerobic growth conditions. ..
- Jaiswal A, Narayan S. Upstream stimulating factor-1 (USF1) and USF2 bind to and activate the promoter of the adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) tumor suppressor gene. J Cell Biochem. 2001;81:262-77 pubmed..Thus, USF1 and USF2 transcription factors are critical for APC gene expression. ..
- Colaizzo Anas T, Aplan P. Cloning and characterization of the SIL promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1625:207-13 pubmed..The isolation of the SIL promoter provides an important tool for the study of both the SIL gene expression as well as the role of the SIL promoter in leukemogenesis. ..
- Parichy D, Turner J. Temporal and cellular requirements for Fms signaling during zebrafish adult pigment pattern development. Development. 2003;130:817-33 pubmed
- Tolwinski N, Wieschaus E. A nuclear function for armadillo/beta-catenin. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E95 pubmed..Further, this activity is dependent on the presence of the C-terminus-specific negative regulator Chibby. Our data clearly show that nuclear localization of beta-catenin is in fact necessary for Wnt pathway activation. ..
- Gray J, Davis J, Gopinathan L, Leas T, Nugent C, Vanden Heuvel J. The ribosomal protein rpL11 associates with and inhibits the transcriptional activity of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha. Toxicol Sci. 2006;89:535-46 pubmed..These studies show that rpL11 inhibits PPARalpha activity and adds further evidence that ribosomal proteins play roles in the control of transcriptional regulation. ..
- Kim D, Tucker P. A regulated nucleocytoplasmic shuttle contributes to Bright's function as a transcriptional activator of immunoglobulin genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2187-201 pubmed..Therefore, regulation of Bright's cellular localization appears to be required for its function. ..
- Dunn E, Moy V, Angerer L, Angerer R, Morris R, Peterson K. Molecular paleoecology: using gene regulatory analysis to address the origins of complex life cycles in the late Precambrian. Evol Dev. 2007;9:10-24 pubmed
- Dorrell C, Abraham S, Lanxon Cookson K, Canaday P, Streeter P, Grompe M. Isolation of major pancreatic cell types and long-term culture-initiating cells using novel human surface markers. Stem Cell Res. 2008;1:183-94 pubmed publisher..These methods permit the analysis and isolation of functionally distinct pancreatic cell populations with potential for cell therapy. ..
- Sullivan N, Sasser A, Axel A, Vesuna F, Raman V, Ramirez N, et al. Interleukin-6 induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition phenotype in human breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2009;28:2940-7 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study that shows IL-6 as an inducer of an EMT phenotype in breast cancer cells and implicates its potential to promote breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Yilmaz A, Mejia Guerra M, Kurz K, Liang X, Welch L, Grotewold E. AGRIS: the Arabidopsis Gene Regulatory Information Server, an update. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:D1118-22 pubmed publisher..All the information in AGRIS is publicly available and downloadable upon registration. ..
- Fischer A, Bongini R, Bastaki N, Sherwood P. The maturation of photoreceptors in the avian retina is stimulated by thyroid hormone. Neuroscience. 2011;178:250-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TH stimulates the maturation of photoreceptors in the avian retina. We propose that TH inhibits the expression of Islet2 and Lim3, which thereby permits photoreceptor maturation and the onset of photopigment-expression. ..
- Adkins N, Georgel P. MeCP2: structure and function. Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;89:1-11 pubmed publisher..We specifically focused on MeCP2's role in Rett syndrome, a neurological disorder associated with specific MeCP2 mutations. ..
- Nair D, Ge Z, Mersfelder E, Parthun M. Genetic interactions between POB3 and the acetylation of newly synthesized histones. Curr Genet. 2011;57:271-86 pubmed publisher..These results support the model that the yFACT complex plays a central role in chromatin assembly pathways regulated by acetylation of newly synthesized histones. ..
- Miller R, Portman D. The Wnt/beta-catenin asymmetry pathway patterns the atonal ortholog lin-32 to diversify cell fate in a Caenorhabditis elegans sensory lineage. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13281-91 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they reveal a central role for the Wnt/?-catenin asymmetry pathway in patterning neural and glial fates in a simple sensory lineage. ..
- Giel J, Nesbit A, Mettert E, Fleischhacker A, Wanta B, Kiley P. Regulation of iron-sulphur cluster homeostasis through transcriptional control of the Isc pathway by [2Fe-2S]-IscR in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:478-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show how transcriptional control of iscRSUA-hscBA-fdx by [2Fe-2S]-IscR allows E.?coli to respond efficiently to varying Fe-S demands...
- Mostafa H, Thompson T, Davido D. N-terminal phosphorylation sites of herpes simplex virus 1 ICP0 differentially regulate its activities and enhance viral replication. J Virol. 2013;87:2109-19 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that specific phosphorylation sites within region I differentially regulate the activities of ICP0, which are required for efficient viral replication. ..
- Kahali B, Gramling S, Marquez S, Thompson K, Lu L, Reisman D. Identifying targets for the restoration and reactivation of BRM. Oncogene. 2014;33:653-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify a cadre of key proteins, which underlie the epigenetic regulation of BRM. ..
- Bok J, Soukup A, Chadwick E, Chiang Y, Wang C, Keller N. VeA and MvlA repression of the cryptic orsellinic acid gene cluster in Aspergillus nidulans involves histone 3 acetylation. Mol Microbiol. 2013;89:963-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, deletion of gcnE in the ?veA background abolishes ors cluster activation and F9775 production. Together, this work supports a role for VeA and MvlA in modifying SAGA/ADA complex activity. ..
- Zhu Q, Zhao X, Zheng K, Li H, Huang H, Zhang Z, et al. Genetic evidence that Nkx2.2 and Pdgfra are major determinants of the timing of oligodendrocyte differentiation in the developing CNS. Development. 2014;141:548-55 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings strongly suggest that Nkx2.2 functions as a major 'switch' to turn off Pdgfra signaling in OPCs and initiate the intrinsic program for oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Lassar A, Davis R, Wright W, Kadesch T, Murre C, Voronova A, et al. Functional activity of myogenic HLH proteins requires hetero-oligomerization with E12/E47-like proteins in vivo. Cell. 1991;66:305-15 pubmed..In addition we demonstrate that MyoD, in conjunction with E12/E47-like proteins, is functioning as a regulatory nodal point for activation of several other downstream muscle regulators. ..
- Denault D, Loros J, Dunlap J. WC-2 mediates WC-1-FRQ interaction within the PAS protein-linked circadian feedback loop of Neurospora. EMBO J. 2001;20:109-17 pubmed
- Leslie D, Grill B, Rout M, Wozniak R, Aitchison J. Kap121p-mediated nuclear import is required for mating and cellular differentiation in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2544-55 pubmed..Together these data demonstrate that Ste12p is imported into nuclei by Kap121p and that mating and differentiation defects associated with kap121 mutants are primarily attributable to the mislocalization of Ste12p. ..
- Palamarchuk A, Efanov A, Maximov V, Aqeilan R, Croce C, Pekarsky Y. Akt phosphorylates Tal1 oncoprotein and inhibits its repressor activity. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4515-9 pubmed..2) promoter. Thus, these data indicate that Akt interacts with Tal1 and regulates Tal1 by phosphorylation at Thr90 in a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent manner. ..
- Kubica N, Crispino J, Gallagher J, Kimball S, Jefferson L. Activation of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 is both necessary and sufficient to stimulate eukaryotic initiation factor 2Bvarepsilon mRNA translation and protein synthesis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2522-33 pubmed publisher
- Garrick M, Zhao L, Roth J, Jiang H, Feng J, Foot N, et al. Isoform specific regulation of divalent metal (ion) transporter (DMT1) by proteasomal degradation. Biometals. 2012;25:787-93 pubmed publisher..Mutant Parkin serves as a control that does not affect DMT1 levels. Thus DMT1 regulation in an isoform specific fashion can occur by ubiquitination and the events involved have implications for DMT1 function and disease processes. ..
- Vishal K, Brooks D, Bawa S, Gameros S, Stetsiv M, Geisbrecht E. Adult Muscle Formation Requires Drosophila Moleskin for Proliferation of Wing Disc-Associated Muscle Precursors. Genetics. 2017;206:199-213 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide strong evidence that Msk acts through the Wg signaling pathway to control myoblast pool size and muscle formation by regulating Arm stability or nuclear transport. ..
- Blackwood E, Luscher B, Eisenman R. Myc and Max associate in vivo. Genes Dev. 1992;6:71-80 pubmed..We conclude that the highly regulated rate of Myc biosynthesis is likely to be a limiting step in the formation of Myc:Max complexes. ..
- Dorer R, Boone C, Kimbrough T, Kim J, Hartwell L. Genetic analysis of default mating behavior in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1997;146:39-55 pubmed..We suggest that default mating places a more stringent requirement on some aspects of cell fusion than does chemotropic mating. ..
- Zhao H, Butler E, Rodgers J, Spizzo T, Duesterhoeft S, Eide D. Regulation of zinc homeostasis in yeast by binding of the ZAP1 transcriptional activator to zinc-responsive promoter elements. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28713-20 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that ZAP1 plays a direct role in controlling zinc-responsive gene expression in yeast by binding to zinc-responsive elements in the promoters of genes that it regulates. ..
- White C, Heidenreich O, Nordheim A, Beerman T. Evaluation of the effectiveness of DNA-binding drugs to inhibit transcription using the c-fos serum response element as a target. Biochemistry. 2000;39:12262-73 pubmed..These systematic analyses provide insight into how drug and transcription factor binding characteristics are related to drugs' effectiveness in inhibiting gene expression. ..
- Goodson M, Hong Y, Rogers R, Matunis M, Park Sarge O, Sarge K. Sumo-1 modification regulates the DNA binding activity of heat shock transcription factor 2, a promyelocytic leukemia nuclear body associated transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18513-8 pubmed..This is the first demonstration that SUMO-1 modification can directly alter the DNA binding ability of a transcription factor and reveals a new mechanism by which SUMO-1 modification can regulate protein function. ..
- Suh N, Roberts A, Birkey Reffey S, Miyazono K, Itoh S, Ten Dijke P, et al. Synthetic triterpenoids enhance transforming growth factor beta/Smad signaling. Cancer Res. 2003;63:1371-6 pubmed..These are the first studies to report enhancement of Smad signaling by synthetic triterpenoids and should further their optimal use for applications in prevention or treatment of diseases in which there is aberrant function of TGF-beta. ..
- Dillon T, Karpitski V, Wetzel S, Parker D, Shaw A, Stork P. Ectopic B-Raf expression enhances extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signaling in T cells and prevents antigen-presenting cell-induced anergy. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35940-9 pubmed..However, studies using anti-TCR antibody-induced anergy showed that the ability of ERKs to reverse T cell anergy is dependent on the anergic model utilized. ..
- Ebacher D, Todi S, Eberl D, Boekhoff Falk G. Cut mutant Drosophila auditory organs differentiate abnormally and degenerate. Fly (Austin). 2007;1:86-94 pubmed..We speculate that Cut functions in conjunction with these factors to regulate transcription of as yet unidentified targets...
- Yu J, Hu K, Smuga Otto K, Tian S, Stewart R, Slukvin I, et al. Human induced pluripotent stem cells free of vector and transgene sequences. Science. 2009;324:797-801 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that reprogramming human somatic cells does not require genomic integration or the continued presence of exogenous reprogramming factors and removes one obstacle to the clinical application of human iPS cells. ..
- Wu C, Roje S, Sandoval F, Bird A, Winge D, Eide D. Repression of sulfate assimilation is an adaptive response of yeast to the oxidative stress of zinc deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27544-56 pubmed publisher..These studies have led to new insights into how cells adapt to nutrient-limiting growth conditions. ..
- Jin B, Shen H, Lin S, Li J, Chen Z, Griffin J, et al. The mastermind-like 1 (MAML1) co-activator regulates constitutive NF-kappaB signaling and cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14356-65 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MAML1 is a novel modulator for NF-kappaB signaling and regulates cellular survival. ..
- Bruce J, Hierl M, Young J, Ahlquist P. Cellular transcription factor ZASC1 regulates murine leukemia virus transcription. J Virol. 2010;84:7473-83 pubmed publisher..These studies identify the cellular transcription factor ZASC1 as an activator of MLV gene expression and provide tools that should be useful in studying the links between ZASC1 and human diseases...
- Wang K, Zhang Q, Liu X, Wu L, Zeng M. PKNOX2 is associated with formal thought disorder in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of two genome-wide association studies. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:265-72 pubmed publisher..12?×?10(-5)). In conclusion, we identified four new loci (PKNOX2, MYH13, PHF2, and GPC6) associated with FTD. These findings offer the potential for new insights into the pathogenesis of FTD and schizophrenia. ..
- Quindry J, Miller L, McGinnis G, Kliszczewicz B, Irwin J, Landram M, et al. Ischemia reperfusion injury, KATP channels, and exercise-induced cardioprotection against apoptosis. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;113:498-506 pubmed publisher..020), and P62 (P ? 0.001), in the hours immediately following IR. Further research is needed to better understand these findings and corresponding redox changes in exercised hearts. ..
- Chapman V, Stephenson D, Mullins L, Keitz B, Disteche C, Orkin S. Linkage of the erythroid transcription factor gene (Gf-1) to the proximal region of the X chromosome of mice. Genomics. 1991;9:309-13 pubmed..A gene order of centromere, DXWas70, Cybb/Gf-1, Otc, Timp was established for the mouse X chromosome, which is in agreement with the map position observed on the human X chromosome. ..
- Breeden L, Mikesell G. Cell cycle-specific expression of the SWI4 transcription factor is required for the cell cycle regulation of HO transcription. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1183-90 pubmed..This result suggests that SSX1 has a negative regulatory role in the cell-cycle regulation of SWI4 mRNA accumulation. ..
- Zhou Q, Anderson D. The bHLH transcription factors OLIG2 and OLIG1 couple neuronal and glial subtype specification. Cell. 2002;109:61-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that in the spinal cord, Olig and proneural genes comprise a combinatorial code for the specification of neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes, the three fundamental cell types of the central nervous system. ..
- Xu J, Cho H, O MALLEY S, Park J, Clarke S. Dietary polyunsaturated fats regulate rat liver sterol regulatory element binding proteins-1 and -2 in three distinct stages and by different mechanisms. J Nutr. 2002;132:3333-9 pubmed..These data indicate that PUFA suppress the in vivo proteolytic release of SREBP-1 and -2, but the effect on SREBP-2 is transitory, possibly reflecting the ability of PUFA to enhance cholesterol losses via bile acid synthesis. ..
- Raghavendra Rao V, Bowen K, Dhodda V, Song G, Franklin J, Gavva N, et al. Gene expression analysis of spontaneously hypertensive rat cerebral cortex following transient focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurochem. 2002;83:1072-86 pubmed..Antisense knockdown of ischemia-induced SOCS-3 protein expression exacerbated transient MCAO-induced infarct volume assigning a neuroprotective role to SOCS-3, a gene not heretofore implicated in ischemic neuronal damage. ..
- Graven K, Bellur D, Klahn B, Lowrey S, Amberger E. HIF-2alpha regulates glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase expression in endothelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1626:10-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that cell-specific patterns of HIF-1alpha and HIF-2alpha expression lead to cell-specific gene upregulation during hypoxia. ..
- Reichman T, Parrott A, Fierro Monti I, Caron D, Kao P, Lee C, et al. Selective regulation of gene expression by nuclear factor 110, a member of the NF90 family of double-stranded RNA-binding proteins. J Mol Biol. 2003;332:85-98 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that NF110b associates with the dsRBM-containing transcriptional co-activator, RNA helicase A, independently of RNA binding. ..
- Bruckner R, Gunyuzlu P, Stein R. Coupled kinetics of ATP and peptide hydrolysis by Escherichia coli FtsH protease. Biochemistry. 2003;42:10843-52 pubmed..We propose a mechanism for the coupled hydrolytic activities of FtsH toward ATP and peptide substrates that is consistent with a recently proposed structural model for FtsH. ..
- Luo X, Huang Y, Sheikh M. Cloning and characterization of a novel gene PDRG that is differentially regulated by p53 and ultraviolet radiation. Oncogene. 2003;22:7247-57 pubmed..Furthermore, stable expression of exogenous PDRG was found to decrease the clonogenic survival after UV irradiation, which highlights the significance of PDRG in facilitating UV-induced killing. ..
- Hinman V, Nguyen A, Cameron R, Davidson E. Developmental gene regulatory network architecture across 500 million years of echinoderm evolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13356-61 pubmed..Evolutionary changes in the GRNs since divergence are limited sharply to certain cis-regulatory elements, whereas others have persisted unaltered. ..
- Wang X, Chamberlin H. Evolutionary innovation of the excretory system in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nat Genet. 2004;36:231-2 pubmed..elegans result from the gain of expression of a single gene. Our results show that innovation can be achieved by altered expression of a transcription factor without coevolution of all target genes. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang H, Lee L, Ip M. The liver-enriched inhibitory protein isoform of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, but not nuclear factor-kappaB, mediates the transcriptional inhibition of beta-casein by tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2833-44 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that LIP plays a critical role in mediating TNF-induced down-regulation of the beta-casein gene. ..
- Yildirim Toruner C, Subramanian K, El Manjra L, Chen E, Goldstein S, Vitale E. A novel frameshift mutation of FOXC2 gene in a family with hereditary lymphedema-distichiasis syndrome associated with renal disease and diabetes mellitus. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;131:281-6 pubmed..This novel phenotype, LD/renal disease/type 2 diabetes, might be the result of a combination of the nt 1006--1007 insA and the upstream UTR homozygous T polymorphism. ..
- Bakin A, Stourman N, Sekhar K, Rinehart C, Yan X, Meredith M, et al. Smad3-ATF3 signaling mediates TGF-beta suppression of genes encoding Phase II detoxifying proteins. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;38:375-87 pubmed
- Xing H, Wilkerson D, Mayhew C, Lubert E, Skaggs H, Goodson M, et al. Mechanism of hsp70i gene bookmarking. Science. 2005;307:421-3 pubmed..Blocking HSF2-mediated bookmarking by HSF2 RNA interference decreases hsp70i induction and survival of stressed cells in the G1 phase, which demonstrates the biological importance of gene bookmarking. ..
- Shirk A, Anderson S, Hashemi S, Chance P, Bennett C. SIMPLE interacts with NEDD4 and TSG101: evidence for a role in lysosomal sorting and implications for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. J Neurosci Res. 2005;82:43-50 pubmed..We examine three CMT1C-associated SIMPLE mutations and show that they do not affect the interaction with NEDD4 or TSG101, nor do they lead to altered subcellular localization. ..
- Antonescu C, Nafa K, Segal N, Dal Cin P, Ladanyi M. EWS-CREB1: a recurrent variant fusion in clear cell sarcoma--association with gastrointestinal location and absence of melanocytic differentiation. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5356-62 pubmed..CCS arising in the gastrointestinal tract is rare and its pathologic and molecular features are not well defined...
- McCully M, Beck D, Daggett V. Microscopic reversibility of protein folding in molecular dynamics simulations of the engrailed homeodomain. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7079-89 pubmed publisher..These events provide compelling evidence that protein folding is a microscopically reversible process. In the other two cases, the folding and unfolding transition states were remarkably similar to each other but the paths deviated. ..
- Cheng X, Klaassen C. Critical role of PPAR-alpha in perfluorooctanoic acid- and perfluorodecanoic acid-induced downregulation of Oatp uptake transporters in mouse livers. Toxicol Sci. 2008;106:37-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PFOA and PFDA decrease mouse liver uptake transporters primarily via activation of PPAR-alpha. ..
- Westfall S, Sachdev S, Das P, Hearne L, Hannink M, Roberts R, et al. Identification of oxygen-sensitive transcriptional programs in human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2008;17:869-81 pubmed publisher..The data are consistent with the hypothesis that 4% O(2) favors the molecular mechanisms required for the maintenance of pluripotency. ..
- Pomeranz M, Hah C, Lin P, Kang S, Finer J, Blackshear P, et al. The Arabidopsis tandem zinc finger protein AtTZF1 traffics between the nucleus and cytoplasmic foci and binds both DNA and RNA. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:151-65 pubmed publisher..Since AtTZF1 can bind both DNA and RNA in vitro, it raises the possibility that AtTZF1 might be involved in DNA and/or RNA regulation. ..
- Chung M, Nascone Yoder N, Grover S, Drysdale T, Wallingford J. Direct activation of Shroom3 transcription by Pitx proteins drives epithelial morphogenesis in the developing gut. Development. 2010;137:1339-49 pubmed publisher..More generally, these results provide a foundation for deciphering the transcriptional network that underlies epithelial cell shape change in developing vertebrates...
- Vedam K, Nishijima Y, Druhan L, Khan M, Moldovan N, Zweier J, et al. Role of heat shock factor-1 activation in the doxorubicin-induced heart failure in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;298:H1832-41 pubmed publisher..From these results we propose a novel mechanism for Dox-induced heart failure: increased expression of Hsp25 because of oxidant-induced activation of HSF-1 transactivates p53 to increase Bax levels, which leads to heart failure. ..
- Dunipace L, Ozdemir A, Stathopoulos A. Complex interactions between cis-regulatory modules in native conformation are critical for Drosophila snail expression. Development. 2011;138:4075-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, the two CRMs interact in cis in a non-additive fashion and these interactions may be important for fine-tuning the domains and levels of gene expression. ..
- Yu H, Wark L, Ji H, Willard L, Jaing Y, Han J, et al. Dietary wolfberry upregulates carotenoid metabolic genes and enhances mitochondrial biogenesis in the retina of db/db diabetic mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013;57:1158-69 pubmed publisher..Consumption of dietary wolfberry could be beneficial to retinoprotection through reversal of mitochondrial function in diabetic mice. ..
- Veeranki S, Givvimani S, Pushpakumar S, Tyagi S. Hyperhomocysteinemia attenuates angiogenesis through reduction of HIF-1? and PGC-1? levels in muscle fibers during hindlimb ischemia. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H1116-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HHcy adversely affects muscle-specific ischemic responses and contributes to muscle frailty...