Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Mexico
Topic: transcription factors
- Huerta Ocampo J, León Galván M, Ortega Cruz L, Barrera Pacheco A, De León Rodríguez A, Mendoza Hernandez G, et al. Water stress induces up-regulation of DOF1 and MIF1 transcription factors and down-regulation of proteins involved in secondary metabolism in amaranth roots (Amaranthus hypochondriacus L.). Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2011;13:472-82 pubmed publisher
- Guzmán de Peña D, Aguirre J, Ruiz Herrera J. Correlation between the regulation of sterigmatocystin biosynthesis and asexual and sexual sporulation in Emericella nidulans. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 1998;73:199-205 pubmed..The inhibitor also affected the transcription of brlA. Our results indicate that sporulation and the synthesis of sterigmatocystin are co-regulated at a step previous to the brlA execution point. ..
- García Esquivel M, Esquivel Naranjo E, Hernández Oñate M, Ibarra Laclette E, Herrera Estrella A. The Trichoderma atroviride cryptochrome/photolyase genes regulate the expression of blr1-independent genes both in red and blue light. Fungal Biol. 2016;120:500-512 pubmed publisher..Deletion of cry1, one of the potential photoreceptors, resulted in severe reduction in the photoreactivation capacity of the fungus, as well as a change in gene expression under blue and red light. ..
- HernÃ¡ndez de la Cruz O, Marchat L, GuillÃ©n N, Weber C, LÃ³pez Rosas I, DÃaz ChÃ¡vez J, et al. Multinucleation and Polykaryon Formation is Promoted by the EhPC4 Transcription Factor in Entamoeba histolytica. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19611 pubmed publisher..These data indicate for the first time that EhPC4 is associated with events related to polyploidy and genome stability in E. histolytica. ..
- Medina Aparicio L, Rebollar Flores J, Gallego Hernández A, Vazquez A, Olvera L, Gutiérrez Ríos R, et al. The CRISPR/Cas immune system is an operon regulated by LeuO, H-NS, and leucine-responsive regulatory protein in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:2396-407 pubmed publisher..Typhi. Thus, our work provides evidence that there are multiple modulators involved in the genetic expression of this immune system in S. Typhi IMSS-1. ..
- Hernández H, Aranda C, Riego L, Gonzalez A. Gln3-Gcn4 hybrid transcriptional activator determines catabolic and biosynthetic gene expression in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:859-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the combination of Gln3 and Gcn4 results in the constitution of a hybrid modulator which elicits a novel transcriptional response, not evoked when these modulators act in a non-combinatorial fashion. ..
- Salgado H, Martinez Flores I, López Fuentes A, García Sotelo J, Porrón Sotelo L, Solano H, et al. Extracting regulatory networks of Escherichia coli from RegulonDB. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;804:179-95 pubmed publisher..17. ..
- Gaona G, Núñez C, Goldberg J, Linford A, Nájera R, Castañeda M, et al. Characterization of the Azotobacter vinelandii algC gene involved in alginate and lipopolysaccharide production. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;238:199-206 pubmed
- Valenzuela L, Aranda C, Gonzalez A. TOR modulates GCN4-dependent expression of genes turned on by nitrogen limitation. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2331-4 pubmed..This constitutes an additional TOR-dependent mechanism which modulates the action of transcriptional activators. ..
- Perez Rueda E, Janga S. Identification and genomic analysis of transcription factors in archaeal genomes exemplifies their functional architecture and evolutionary origin. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:1449-59 pubmed publisher..The analysis presented here contributes to the understanding of the details of transcriptional apparatus in archaea and provides a framework for the analysis of regulatory networks in these organisms. ..
- López Frías G, Martínez L, Ponce G, Cassab G, Nieto Sotelo J. Role of HSP101 in the stimulation of nodal root development from the coleoptilar node by light and temperature in maize (Zea mays L.) seedlings. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:4661-73 pubmed publisher..The adaptive relevance of development of NRCNs in response to these environmental cues and hypothetical mechanisms of regulation by HSP101 are discussed. ..
- Bustamante V, Martínez L, Santana F, Knodler L, Steele Mortimer O, Puente J. HilD-mediated transcriptional cross-talk between SPI-1 and SPI-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14591-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that two independent SPI-2 activation pathways evolved to take advantage of the SPI-2-encoded information at different niches and, in consequence, in response to different growth conditions. ..
- Gonzalez Rodriguez J, Pelcastre E, Tovilla Canales J, Garcia Ortiz J, Amato Almanza M, Villanueva Mendoza C, et al. Mutational screening of CHX10, GDF6, OTX2, RAX and SOX2 genes in 50 unrelated microphthalmia-anophthalmia-coloboma (MAC) spectrum cases. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010;94:1100-4 pubmed publisher..Here, a comprehensive mutational analysis of the CHX10, GDF6, RAX, SOX2 and OTX2 genes was performed in 50 MAC subjects...
- Sánchez Arreguín A, Pérez Martínez A, Herrera Estrella A. Proteomic analysis of Trichoderma atroviride reveals independent roles for transcription factors BLR-1 and BLR-2 in light and darkness. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:30-41 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, in darkness, downregulation of proteins prevailed in the ?blr-1 mutant, while upregulation of proteins predominated in the ?blr-2 mutant. Our data demonstrate that the BLR proteins play roles individually and as a complex. ..
- Ascencio C, Torres N, Isoard Acosta F, Gomez Perez F, Hernandez Pando R, Tovar A. Soy protein affects serum insulin and hepatic SREBP-1 mRNA and reduces fatty liver in rats. J Nutr. 2004;134:522-9 pubmed..These data suggest that soy protein regulates SREBP-1 expression by modulating serum insulin concentration, thus preventing the development of fatty liver. ..
- Zamora R, Espinosa M, Ceballos Cancino G, Segura B, Maldonado V, Melendez Zajgla J. Depletion of the oncoprotein Bcl-3 induces centrosome amplification and aneuploidy in cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:223 pubmed publisher..These effects were associated with a DNA damage response, a delay in G2/M checkpoint and the induction of centrosome amplification. ..
- Perez Zamorano B, Rosas Madrigal S, Lozano O, Castillo Méndez M, Valverde Garduno V. Identification of cis-regulatory sequences reveals potential participation of lola and Deaf1 transcription factors in Anopheles gambiae innate immune response. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186435 pubmed publisher..The presence of Deaf1- and lola-type binding sites, along with REL- and STAT-type binding sites, suggests that the immunity function of these two factors could have been conserved both in Drosophila and Anopheles gambiae...
- Gamba G. WNK lies upstream of kinases involved in regulation of ion transporters. Biochem J. 2005;391:e1-3 pubmed..The phosphorylation site involved in SPAK or OSR1 activation is identified as a threonine residue within the T-loop. ..
- De la Torre Zavala S, Aguilera S, Ibarra Laclette E, Hernández Flores J, Hernández Morales A, Murillo J, et al. Gene expression of Pht cluster genes and a putative non-ribosomal peptide synthetase required for phaseolotoxin production is regulated by GacS/GacA in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola. Res Microbiol. 2011;162:488-98 pubmed publisher..Results presented in this work suggest that phaseolotoxin biosynthesis involve elements within and outside the Pht Cluster, and that the GacS/GacA two-component system exerts control over them. ..
- Aréchiga Carvajal E, Ruiz Herrera J. The RIM101/pacC homologue from the basidiomycete Ustilago maydis is functional in multiple pH-sensitive phenomena. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:999-1008 pubmed..These data indicate that the Pal/Rim pathway is functional in U. maydis (and probably in other basidiomycetes) and plays complex roles in pH-sensing phenomena, as occurs in ascomycetes and deuteromycetes. ..
- Perez Rueda E, Martínez Núñez M. The repertoire of DNA-binding transcription factors in prokaryotes: functional and evolutionary lessons. Sci Prog. 2012;95:315-29 pubmed..Finally, a comprehensive picture for how regulatory networks have evolved in prokaryotes is provided. ..
- Zenteno J, Perez Cano H, Aguinaga M. Anophthalmia-esophageal atresia syndrome caused by an SOX2 gene deletion in monozygotic twin brothers with markedly discordant phenotypes. Am J Med Genet A. 2006;140:1899-903 pubmed..We discuss the probable sources for this remarkable phenotypic heterogeneity of the anophthalmia/microphthalmia syndrome in individuals with an identical genetic constitution...
- Bolaños A, Milla C, Lira J, Ramirez R, Checa M, Barrera L, et al. Role of Sonic Hedgehog in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L978-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the SHH pathway is activated in IPF lungs and that SHH may contribute to IPF pathogenesis by increasing the proliferation, migration, extracellular matrix production, and survival of fibroblasts. ..
- Angeles Núñez J, Tiessen A. Regulation of AtSUS2 and AtSUS3 by glucose and the transcription factor LEC2 in different tissues and at different stages of Arabidopsis seed development. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;78:377-92 pubmed publisher..These findings are discussed in relation to the roles played by AtSUS2, AtSUS3 and LEC2 in the biosynthesis of seed storage products in Arabidopsis. ..
- Flores Cuevas A, Mutchinick O, Morales Suárez J, Gonzalez Huerta L, Cuevas Covarrubias S. Identification of two novel mutations in TRPS1 gene in families with tricho-rhino-phalangeal type I syndrome. J Investig Med. 2012;60:823-6 pubmed publisher..Our data show a higher genotypic spectrum in the TRPS I and demonstrate that mutations in the amino terminus of the transcription factor result in TRPS I syndrome. ..
- Cocotl Yañez M, Sampieri A, Moreno S, Núñez C, Castañeda M, Segura D, et al. Roles of RpoS and PsrA in cyst formation and alkylresorcinol synthesis in Azotobacter vinelandii. Microbiology. 2011;157:1685-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RpoS and PsrA are involved in regulation of encystment and alkylresorcinol synthesis in A. vinelandii...
- Mart nez Santos V, Medrano L pez A, Salda a Z, Gir n J, Puente J. Transcriptional regulation of the ecp operon by EcpR, IHF, and H-NS in attaching and effacing Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:5020-33 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates evidence about the interplay between a novel member of a diverse family of regulatory proteins and global regulators in the regulation of a fimbrial operon...
- Gamboa Meléndez M, Huerta Chagoya A, Moreno Macias H, Vázquez Cárdenas P, Ordonez Sanchez M, Rodriguez Guillen R, et al. Contribution of common genetic variation to the risk of type 2 diabetes in the Mexican Mestizo population. Diabetes. 2012;61:3314-21 pubmed publisher..Lack of association for the rest of the variants may have resulted from insufficient power to detect smaller allele effects. ..
- Maldonado V, Espinosa M, Pruefer F, Patino N, Ceballos Canciono G, Urzua U, et al. Gene regulation by BCL3 in a cervical cancer cell line. Folia Biol (Praha). 2010;56:183-93 pubmed..We validated STAT3 as a bona fide target of BCL3 by additional interference RNA and in silico analyses of previously reported lymphoma patients. ..
- Gregorio J, Hernández Bernal A, Cordoba E, Leon P. Characterization of evolutionarily conserved motifs involved in activity and regulation of the ABA-INSENSITIVE (ABI) 4 transcription factor. Mol Plant. 2014;7:422-36 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that the degradation of ABI4 protein through the PEST motif is mediated by the 26S proteasome in response to changes in the sugar levels. ..
- Gama Castro S, Salgado H, Peralta Gil M, Santos Zavaleta A, Muñiz Rascado L, Solano Lira H, et al. RegulonDB version 7.0: transcriptional regulation of Escherichia coli K-12 integrated within genetic sensory response units (Gensor Units). Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:D98-105 pubmed publisher..A new portable drawing tool for genomic features is also now available, as well as new ways to download the data, including web services, files for several relational database manager systems and text files including BioPAX format...
- Flores Soto M, Bañuelos Pineda J, Orozco Suarez S, Schliebs R, Beas Zarate C. Neuronal damage and changes in the expression of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes in the neonatal rat cerebral cortical upon exposure to sparteine, a quinolizidine alkaloid. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2006;24:401-10 pubmed..This effect could be prevented by pre-treatment with atropine (10 mg/kg) 1 h prior to the injection of sparteine, suggesting that the cytotoxic activity of sparteine is mediated through mAChRs. ..
- Martínez Rizo A, Bueno Topete M, Gonzalez Cuevas J, Armendariz Borunda J. Plasmin plays a key role in the regulation of profibrogenic molecules in hepatic stellate cells. Liver Int. 2010;30:298-310 pubmed publisher..Plasmin plays a key role in regulating TGF-beta-responding genes. In particular, regulation of TGF-beta-co-repressor (SnoN) is greatly affected, which suggests SnoN as a cardinal player in cholestasis-induced fibrogenesis. ..
- Gutiérrez Ríos R, Freyre Gonzalez J, Resendis O, Collado Vides J, Saier M, Gosset G. Identification of regulatory network topological units coordinating the genome-wide transcriptional response to glucose in Escherichia coli. BMC Microbiol. 2007;7:53 pubmed..In most cases, each of these modules includes genes encoding physiologically related functions, thus indicating a connection between regulatory network topology and related cellular functions involved in nutrient sensing and metabolism. ..
- Villalobos M, Bartels D, Iturriaga G. Stress tolerance and glucose insensitive phenotypes in Arabidopsis overexpressing the CpMYB10 transcription factor gene. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:309-24 pubmed..Therefore, our results indicate that CpMYB10 in Arabidopsis is mediating stress tolerance and altering ABA and Glc signaling responses...
- Cepeda Nieto A, Pfaff S, Varela Echavarria A. Homeodomain transcription factors in the development of subsets of hindbrain reticulospinal neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:30-41 pubmed..Furthermore, our studies reveal novel gene interactions between the transcription factors analyzed that may determine the final patterns of reticulospinal axon projection. ..
- Perez Rueda E, Collado Vides J. Common history at the origin of the position-function correlation in transcriptional regulators in archaea and bacteria. J Mol Evol. 2001;53:172-9 pubmed..These results suggest that if shuffling of motifs occurred in Bacteria, it occurred only early in the history of these proteins, as opposed to what is observed in eukaryotic regulators. ..
- Cabrera García M, Vazquez Salinas C, Quinones Ramirez E. Serologic and molecular characterization of Vibrio parahaemolyticus strains isolated from seawater and fish products of the Gulf of Mexico. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:6401-6 pubmed..The most frequent serogroup was serogroup O3. This is the first report of the presence of KP-positive tdh-positive environmental V. parahaemolyticus strains in Mexico...
- Rosales Aviña J, Torres Flores J, Aguilar Lemarroy A, Gurrola Díaz C, Hernandez Flores G, Ortiz Lazareno P, et al. MEIS1, PREP1, and PBX4 are differentially expressed in acute lymphoblastic leukemia: association of MEIS1 expression with higher proliferation and chemotherapy resistance. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:112 pubmed publisher
- Santana M, Pedraza Alva G, Olivares Zavaleta N, Madrid Marina V, Horejsi V, Burakoff S, et al. CD43-mediated signals induce DNA binding activity of AP-1, NF-AT, and NFkappa B transcription factors in human T lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31460-8 pubmed
- Acevedo Hernández G, Leon P, Herrera Estrella L. Sugar and ABA responsiveness of a minimal RBCS light-responsive unit is mediated by direct binding of ABI4. Plant J. 2005;43:506-19 pubmed..This phylogenetically conserved promoter feature probably reflects a common regulatory mechanism and identifies a point of convergence between light- and sugar-signaling pathways. ..
- González Mendoza V, Zurita Silva A, Sánchez Calderón L, Sánchez Sandoval M, Oropeza Aburto A, Gutiérrez Alanís D, et al. APSR1, a novel gene required for meristem maintenance, is negatively regulated by low phosphate availability. Plant Sci. 2013;205-206:2-12 pubmed publisher..We also propose, based on its nuclear localization and structure, that APSR1 may potentially be a member of a novel group of transcription factors. ..
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..
- Moreno Mendoza N, Harley V, Merchant Larios H. Cell aggregation precedes the onset of Sox9-expressing preSertoli cells in the genital ridge of mouse. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2003;101:219-23 pubmed..The correspondence of SOX9 and SRY pattern of expression supports that both genes are expressed in the preSertoli cell lineage in the core of the genital ridges. ..
- Gordillo Bastidas D, Oceguera Contreras E, Salazar Montes A, Gonzalez Cuevas J, Hernández Ortega L, Armendariz Borunda J. Nrf2 and Snail-1 in the prevention of experimental liver fibrosis by caffeine. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:9020-33 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CFA inhibits the transcriptional factor Snail-1, down-regulating profibrogenic genes, and activates Nrf2 inducing antioxidant enzymes system, preventing inflammation and fibrosis. ..
- Berdón Zapata V, Granillo Alvarez M, Valdes Flores M, Garcia Ortiz J, Kofman Alfaro S, Zenteno J. p63 gene analysis in Mexican patients with syndromic and non-syndromic ectrodactyly. J Orthop Res. 2004;22:1-5 pubmed..This finding supports the view of a clinical overlap in this group of autosomal dominant syndromes caused by p63 mutations and demonstrates that there are exceptions in the previously established p63 genotype-phenotype correlation. ..
- Gutierrez L, Zurita M, Kennison J, Vázquez M. The Drosophila trithorax group gene tonalli (tna) interacts genetically with the Brahma remodeling complex and encodes an SP-RING finger protein. Development. 2003;130:343-54 pubmed..We propose that Tna is involved in postranslational modification of transcription complexes. ..
- Rodríguez Valentín R, López González I, Jorquera R, Labarca P, Zurita M, Reynaud E. Oviduct contraction in Drosophila is modulated by a neural network that is both, octopaminergic and glutamatergic. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:183-98 pubmed..Our work provides the first evidence that adult abdominal type II visceral innervations co-express Glu and OA and allows us to re-evaluate the previous model of neuronal network controlling insect oviduct contraction...
- Perez Rueda E, Collado Vides J. The repertoire of DNA-binding transcriptional regulators in Escherichia coli K-12. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:1838-47 pubmed..This repertoire should contribute to the interpretation of global gene expression profiles in both prokaryotes and eukaryotes. ..
- Escobar Sepúlveda H, Trejo Téllez L, García Morales S, Gómez Merino F. Expression patterns and promoter analyses of aluminum-responsive NAC genes suggest a possible growth regulation of rice mediated by aluminum, hormones and NAC transcription factors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186084 pubmed publisher..These findings could help to elucidate the possible convergence between the signaling pathways mediated by phytohormones and the role of the NAC transcription factors in the regulation of growth mediated by low Al doses...
- Estrada Avilés R, Rodriguez G, Zarain Herzberg A. The cardiac calsequestrin gene transcription is modulated at the promoter by NFAT and MEF-2 transcription factors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184724 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in this work, we demonstrate that the Ca2+-calcineurin/NFAT pathway modulates the transcription of the hCASQ2 gene in neonatal cardiomyocytes. ..
- Huanca Mamani W, Garcia Aguilar M, León Martínez G, Grossniklaus U, Vielle Calzada J. CHR11, a chromatin-remodeling factor essential for nuclear proliferation during female gametogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17231-6 pubmed
- Bossi F, Cordoba E, Dupré P, Mendoza M, Román C, Leon P. The Arabidopsis ABA-INSENSITIVE (ABI) 4 factor acts as a central transcription activator of the expression of its own gene, and for the induction of ABI5 and SBE2.2 genes during sugar signaling. Plant J. 2009;59:359-74 pubmed publisher..Previous studies found that ABI4 also functions as a transcriptional repressor of sugar-regulated genes, therefore this transcription factor is a versatile protein with dual functions for modulating gene expression. ..
- Láscarez Lagunas L, Silva García C, Dinkova T, Navarro R. LIN-35/Rb causes starvation-induced germ cell apoptosis via CED-9/Bcl2 downregulation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2499-516 pubmed publisher..We propose that CED-9/Bcl-2 downregulation via LIN-35/Rb triggers germ cell apoptosis in C. elegans in response to starvation. ..
- Salazar E, Díaz Mejía J, Moreno Hagelsieb G, Martínez Batallar G, Mora Y, Mora J, et al. Characterization of the NifA-RpoN regulon in Rhizobium etli in free life and in symbiosis with Phaseolus vulgaris. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:4510-20 pubmed publisher..etli regulon, suggesting that they have a specific role in this bacterium and particular requirements during nitrogen fixation compared with other symbiotic bacterial models...
- García Rojas P, Antaramian A, González Dávalos L, Villarroya F, Shimada A, Varela Echavarria A, et al. Induction of peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor gamma and peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 by unsaturated fatty acids, retinoic acid, and carotenoids in preadipocytes obtained from bovine white adipose tissue1,. J Anim Sci. 2010;88:1801-8 pubmed publisher..05). Therefore, these are powerful agents for the promotion of bovine adipogenesis and constitute promising compounds to be used in bovine fattening. ..
- Baizabal J, Valencia C, Guerrero Flores G, Covarrubias L. Telencephalic neural precursor cells show transient competence to interpret the dopaminergic niche of the embryonic midbrain. Dev Biol. 2011;349:192-203 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the plasticity to interpret multiple instructive niches is an early and ephemeral feature of the telencephalic neural lineage. ..
- Mendoza Vargas A, Olvera L, Olvera M, Grande R, Vega Alvarado L, Taboada B, et al. Genome-wide identification of transcription start sites, promoters and transcription factor binding sites in E. coli. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7526 pubmed publisher..coli. ..
- Merchant Larios H, Moreno Mendoza N. Onset of sex differentiation: dialog between genes and cells. Arch Med Res. 2001;32:553-8 pubmed..Here, a correlation between known gene expression and gonadal morphologic changes is attempted. ..
- Lizarraga F, Maldonado V, Melendez Zajgla J. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 growth-stimulatory activity is mediated by nuclear factor-kappa B in A549 lung epithelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:1655-63 pubmed..Blocking induction of NF-kappaB activity using a dominant-negative mutated version of IkappaBalpha abrogated NF-kappaB activation and cell proliferation. ..
- Avendaño A, Riego L, DeLuna A, Aranda C, Romero G, Ishida C, et al. Swi/SNF-GCN5-dependent chromatin remodelling determines induced expression of GDH3, one of the paralogous genes responsible for ammonium assimilation and glutamate biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:291-305 pubmed
- Ramirez M, Guillén G, Fuentes S, Iñiguez L, Aparicio Fabre R, Zamorano Sanchez D, et al. Transcript profiling of common bean nodules subjected to oxidative stress. Physiol Plant. 2013;149:389-407 pubmed publisher..The expression of oxidative stress responsive genes and of genes important for SNF in bacteroids analyzed in stressed nodules revealed that these conditions elicited a transcriptional response...
- Romero Y, Moreno S, Guzmán J, Espín G, Segura D. Sigma factor RpoS controls alkylresorcinol synthesis through ArpR, a LysR-type regulatory protein, during encystment of Azotobacter vinelandii. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:1834-44 pubmed publisher..We show that this activation is dependent on acetoacetyl-coenzyme A (acetoacetyl-CoA), which might provide a metabolic signal for encystment. We also show that RpoS regulates arsABCD expression through the control of arpR transcription. ..
- Dago A, Wigneshweraraj S, Buck M, Morett E. A role for the conserved GAFTGA motif of AAA+ transcription activators in sensing promoter DNA conformation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1087-97 pubmed
- Mart nez L, Yakhnin H, Camacho M, Georgellis D, Babitzke P, Puente J, et al. Integration of a complex regulatory cascade involving the SirA/BarA and Csr global regulatory systems that controls expression of the Salmonella SPI-1 and SPI-2 virulence regulons through HilD. Mol Microbiol. 2011;80:1637-56 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate the integration of global and specific regulators into a multifactorial regulatory cascade controlling the expression of virulence genes acquired by horizontal transfer events...
- Gama Castro S, Jimenez Jacinto V, Peralta Gil M, Santos Zavaleta A, Peñaloza Spinola M, Contreras Moreira B, et al. RegulonDB (version 6.0): gene regulation model of Escherichia coli K-12 beyond transcription, active (experimental) annotated promoters and Textpresso navigation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:D120-4 pubmed..The data can be accessed through overviews of correlations about gene regulation. RegulonDB associated original literature, together with more than 4000 curation notes, can now be searched with the Textpresso text mining engine. ..
- Guerrero Flores G, Bastidas Ponce A, Collazo Navarrete O, Guerra Crespo M, Covarrubias L. Functional determination of the differentiation potential of ventral mesencephalic neural precursor cells during dopaminergic neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;429:56-70 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings we propose that during DA differentiation committed vmNPCs emerge at E10.5 and they exhaust their neurogenic capacity with the rise of NPCs with astrogenic potential. ..
- Pérez Morales D, Banda M, Chau N, Salgado H, Martinez Flores I, Ibarra J, et al. The transcriptional regulator SsrB is involved in a molecular switch controlling virulence lifestyles of Salmonella. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006497 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal a novel SsrB-mediated mechanism of transcriptional crosstalk between SPI-1 and SPI-2 that helps Salmonella transition to the intracellular lifestyle. ..
- Ramos Mejia V, Escalante Alcalde D, Kunath T, Ramírez L, Gertsenstein M, Nagy A, et al. Phenotypic analyses of mouse embryos with ubiquitous expression of Oct4: effects on mid-hindbrain patterning and gene expression. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:180-90 pubmed..Our observations support the hypothesis that Oct4, like zebrafish Pou2, has a conserved function during early brain patterning in mouse. ..
- Bekker Mendez V, Núñez Enríquez J, Torres Escalante J, Alvarez Olmos E, González Montalvoc P, Jimenez Hernandez E, et al. ARID5B, CEBPE and PIP4K2A Germline Genetic Polymorphisms and Risk of Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Mexican Patients: A MIGICCL Study. Arch Med Res. 2016;47:623-628 pubmed publisher..1, CI 95% (2.0-4.8), respectively). Otherwise, the rs7088318 (PIP4K2A) and rs2239633 (CEBPE) polymorphisms were not associated with ALL risk. Our analysis suggests that ARID5B confers risk for childhood ALL in a Mexican population. ..
- Tun Garrido C, Bustos P, Gonz lez V, Brom S. Conjugative transfer of p42a from rhizobium etli CFN42, which is required for mobilization of the symbiotic plasmid, is regulated by quorum sensing. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:1681-92 pubmed..Finally, we did not detect expression of traM, indicating that in p42a TraM may be expressed so weakly that it cannot inhibit conjugal transfer, leading to the unrepressed transfer of p42a...
- Ramírez Guadiana F, Del Carmen Barajas Ornelas R, Ayala García V, Yasbin R, Robleto E, Pedraza Reyes M. Transcriptional coupling of DNA repair in sporulating Bacillus subtilis cells. Mol Microbiol. 2013;90:1088-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Mfd-dependent repair pathway operates during B. subtilis sporulation and that its function is required to eliminate genetic damage from transcriptionally active genes. ..
- González Arenas A, Neri Gomez T, Guerra Araiza C, Camacho Arroyo I. Sexual dimorphism in the content of progesterone and estrogen receptors, and their cofactors in the lung of adult rats. Steroids. 2004;69:351-6 pubmed..Our results suggest a sexual dimorphism in the content of PR, ER-beta, and SMRT in the rat lung as well as a relation of their content to the physiological levels of progesterone and estradiol. ..
- Casas Flores S, Ríos Momberg M, Bibbins M, Ponce Noyola P, Herrera Estrella A. BLR-1 and BLR-2, key regulatory elements of photoconidiation and mycelial growth in Trichoderma atroviride. Microbiology. 2004;150:3561-9 pubmed..This response was not altered in the mutants. A novel effect of both red and blue light on mycelial growth was found involving another light receptor, which is compensated by the BLR proteins. ..
- MiquelajÃ¡uregui A, Varela EchavarrÃa A, Ceci M, GarcÃa Moreno F, RicaÃ±o I, Hoang K, et al. LIM-homeobox gene Lhx5 is required for normal development of Cajal-Retzius cells. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10551-62 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a complex role for Lhx5 in regulating the development and normal distribution of C-R cells in the developing forebrain. ..
- Camacho Arroyo I, Neri Gomez T, González Arenas A, Guerra Araiza C. Changes in the content of steroid receptor coactivator-1 and silencing mediator for retinoid and thyroid hormone receptors in the rat brain during the estrous cycle. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;94:267-72 pubmed
- Flores Alcantar A, Gonzalez Sandoval A, Escalante Alcalde D, Lomeli H. Dynamics of expression of ARID1A and ARID1B subunits in mouse embryos and in cells during the cell cycle. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;345:137-48 pubmed publisher..These kinetics probably affect the incorporation patterns of the ARID1 proteins to the complex and hence modulate SWI/SNF activity during proliferation and arrest. ..
- Esquivel Naranjo E, Herrera Estrella A. Enhanced responsiveness and sensitivity to blue light by blr-2 overexpression in Trichoderma atroviride. Microbiology. 2007;153:3909-22 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrated that blr-2 overexpression caused higher sensitivity to blue light and we therefore propose that the preformation of BLR-1/BLR-2 complexes is key to adequate light perception in T. atroviride...
- McCarty M, Barroso Aranda J, Contreras F. The "rejuvenatory" impact of lipoic acid on mitochondrial function in aging rats may reflect induction and activation of PPAR-gamma coactivator-1alpha. Med Hypotheses. 2009;72:29-33 pubmed publisher..g. glutathione and heme oxygenase-1), but also induction of various proteins that function expressly to protect mitochondria from self-generated oxidant stress. Further research is required to evaluate this model. ..
- Hernandez G, Valdés López O, Ramirez M, Goffard N, Weiller G, Aparicio Fabre R, et al. Global changes in the transcript and metabolic profiles during symbiotic nitrogen fixation in phosphorus-stressed common bean plants. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1221-38 pubmed publisher..Glycolysis and glycerolipid metabolism, and starch and Suc metabolism, were identified among the pathways significantly induced or repressed in P-deficient nodules, respectively...
- Perales G, Burguete Garcia A, Dimas J, Bahena Román M, Bermudez Morales V, Moreno J, et al. A polymorphism in the AT-hook motif of the transcriptional regulator AKNA is a risk factor for cervical cancer. Biomarkers. 2010;15:470-4 pubmed publisher..01, odds ratio 3.66, 95% confidence interval 1.35-9.94). Therefore, AKNA appears to be an important genetic factor associated with the risk cervical cancer. ..