Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Japan
Topic: transcription factors
Publications393 found, 100 shown here
- Sawada H, Suzuki F, Matsuda I, Saitou N. Phylogenetic analysis of Pseudomonas syringae pathovars suggests the horizontal gene transfer of argK and the evolutionary stability of hrp gene cluster. J Mol Evol. 1999;49:627-44 pubmed
- Pan S, Tsuruta R, Masuda E, Imamura R, Bazan F, Arai K, et al. NFATz: a novel rel similarity domain containing protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:765-76 pubmed..The chromosomal location determined by FISH revealed that NFATz and NFATx genes are in the same region. ..
- Takeba Y, Nagafuchi H, Takeno M, Kashiwakura J, Suzuki N. Txk, a member of nonreceptor tyrosine kinase of Tec family, acts as a Th1 cell-specific transcription factor and regulates IFN-gamma gene transcription. J Immunol. 2002;168:2365-70 pubmed..Thus, Txk is expressed on Th1/Th0 cells with the IFN-gamma production and acts as a Th1 cell-specific transcription factor. ..
- Senga T, Iwamoto T, Humphrey S, Yokota T, Taparowsky E, Hamaguchi M. Stat3-dependent induction of BATF in M1 mouse myeloid leukemia cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:8186-91 pubmed..These results indicate that Stat3 mediates cellular growth by modulating AP-1 activity through the induction of BATF. ..
- Maruyama S, Sumita K, Shen H, Kanoh M, Xu X, Sato M, et al. Identification of IFN regulatory factor-1 binding site in IL-12 p40 gene promoter. J Immunol. 2003;170:997-1001 pubmed..While IFN-gamma must be present for IL-12 p40 gene induction, the p35 gene is strongly induced by LPS, even in the absence of IFN-gamma, and therefore the induction of the p35 gene is IRF-1 independent. ..
- Taniguchi A, Hioki M, Matsumoto K. Transcriptional regulation of human Galbeta1,3GalNAc/Galbeta1, 4GlcNAc alpha2,3-sialyltransferase (hST3Gal IV) gene in testis and ovary cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:764-8 pubmed
- Tatewaki H, Tsuda H, Kanaji T, Yokoyama K, Hamasaki N. Characterization of the human protein S gene promoter: a possible role of transcription factors Sp1 and HNF3 in liver. Thromb Haemost. 2003;90:1029-39 pubmed
- Shikata M, Matsuda Y, Ando K, Nishii A, Takemura M, Yokota A, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis ZIM, a member of a novel plant-specific GATA factor gene family. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:631-9 pubmed..Genes in ZIM-overexpressing plants were identified that were up-regulated in a tissue-specific manner, which suggests that transcriptional regulation by ZIM and its consequent effects are spatially controlled. ..
- Asai M, Iwasaki Y, Yoshida M, Mutsuga Nakayama N, Arima H, Ito M, et al. Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) is involved in the depolarization-induced activation of growth hormone-releasing hormone gene transcription in vitro. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:3011-9 pubmed..Altogether, our results suggest that the transcription factor NFAT is involved in the depolarization-induced transcriptional activation of GHRH gene in the neuronal cells. ..
- Xu X, Kawachi Y, Nakamura Y, Sakurai H, Hirota A, Banno T, et al. Yin-yang 1 negatively regulates the differentiation-specific transcription of mouse loricrin gene in undifferentiated keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:1120-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrated that forced expression of YY1 in differentiated keratinocytes results in specific downregulation of expression of other early and late differentiation markers. ..
- Takimoto M, Hamada A, Tomoda A, Ohdo S, Ohmura T, Sakato H, et al. Daily expression of clock genes in whole blood cells in healthy subjects and a patient with circadian rhythm sleep disorder. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;289:R1273-9 pubmed
- Mizoguchi T, Wright L, Fujiwara S, Cremer F, Lee K, Onouchi H, et al. Distinct roles of GIGANTEA in promoting flowering and regulating circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2255-70 pubmed..We propose that the effect of GI on flowering is not an indirect effect of its role in circadian clock regulation, but rather that GI also acts in the nucleus to more directly promote the expression of flowering-time genes. ..
- Shimizu T, Sudo N, Yamashita H, Murayama C, Miyazaki H, Miyamoto A. Histone H3 acetylation of StAR and decrease in DAX-1 is involved in the luteinization of bovine granulosa cells during in vitro culture. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;328:41-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that the decrease of Dax-1 transcription factor and the increase in histone H3 acetylation may play important roles in progesterone synthesis in luteinizing granulosa cells. ..
- Chujo T, Sugioka N, Masuda Y, Shibuya N, Takemura T, Okada K, et al. Promoter analysis of the elicitor-induced WRKY gene OsWRKY53, which is involved in defense responses in rice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1901-4 pubmed
- Kaitsuka T, Noguchi H, Shiraki N, Kubo T, Wei F, Hakim F, et al. Generation of functional insulin-producing cells from mouse embryonic stem cells through 804G cell-derived extracellular matrix and protein transduction of transcription factors. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2014;3:114-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the direct delivery of recombinant proteins and treatment with laminin-5-rich extracellular matrix to be useful for the generation of insulin-producing cells. ..
- Tamura T, Makino Y, Mikoshiba K, Muramatsu M. Demonstration of a testis-specific trans-acting factor Tet-1 in vitro that binds to the promoter of the mouse protamine 1 gene. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4327-32 pubmed..Although the first 8-mer in the Tet-1 11-mer shares homology with the cyclic AMP-responsive element, Tet-1 is demonstrated to be distinct from known cAMP-responsive element-binding factors. ..
- Gomada M, Inouye S, Imaishi H, Nakazawa A, Nakazawa T. Analysis of an upstream regulatory sequence required for activation of the regulatory gene xylS in xylene metabolism directed by the TOL plasmid of Pseudomonas putida. Mol Gen Genet. 1992;233:419-26 pubmed
- Okamoto K, Okazawa H, Okuda A, Sakai M, Muramatsu M, Hamada H. A novel octamer binding transcription factor is differentially expressed in mouse embryonic cells. Cell. 1990;60:461-72 pubmed..We suggest that Oct-3 is a novel octamer binding transcription factor that is developmentally regulated during mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Choi Y, Nishida T, Kawamukai M, Utsumi R, Sakai H, Komano T. Cloning and sequencing of an Escherichia coli gene, nlp, highly homologous to the ner genes of bacteriophages Mu and D108. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:5222-5 pubmed..The amino-terminal region of Nlp deduced from the complete open reading frame contained a presumed DNA-binding region. The nlp gene was located at 69.3 min on the E. coli genetic map...
- Li F, Ueda H, Hirose S. Mediators of activation of fushi tarazu gene transcription by BmFTZ-F1. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3013-21 pubmed..Both MBF1 and MBF2 are necessary to form a complex between BmFTZ-F1 and TBP. We propose a model in which MBF1 and MBF2 form a bridge between BmFTZ-F1 and TBP and mediate transactivation by stabilizing the protein-DNA interactions. ..
- Suzuki K, Yamamoto T, Inoue J. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding the Xenopus homolog of mammalian RelB. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:4664-9 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that XrelB and Xrel1/XrelA play different roles in the development of X.laevis. ..
- Aruga J, Yozu A, Hayashizaki Y, Okazaki Y, Chapman V, Mikoshiba K. Identification and characterization of Zic4, a new member of the mouse Zic gene family. Gene. 1996;172:291-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that Zic4 is a gene which works cooperatively with other Zic genes during cerebellar development. ..
- Nakata K, Nagai T, Aruga J, Mikoshiba K. Xenopus Zic3, a primary regulator both in neural and neural crest development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11980-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that Zic3 can determine the ectodermal cell fate and promote the earliest step of neural and neural crest development. ..
- Hirata D, Nakano K, Fukui M, Takenaka H, Miyakawa T, Mabuchi I. Genes that cause aberrant cell morphology by overexpression in fission yeast: a role of a small GTP-binding protein Rho2 in cell morphogenesis. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 2):149-59 pubmed..Analysis of functional overlapping between Rho2 and Rho1 revealed that their functions are distinct from each other, with partial overlapping. ..
- Ito M, Nakayama T, Naito S, Matsuu M, Shichijo K, Sekine I. Expression of Ets-1 transcription factor in relation to angiogenesis in the healing process of gastric ulcer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:123-7 pubmed..Protein levels and mRNA expression of Ets-1 were confirmed by Western blotting and RT-PCR. These findings suggest that Ets-1 plays an important role in angiogenesis in the early phase of ulcer healing. ..
- Inoue I, Shino K, Noji S, Awata T, Katayama S. Expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR alpha) in primary cultures of human vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:370-4 pubmed..These results suggest that the PPAR alpha in endothelial cells may have the same physiological role as the expression of PPAR alpha in the liver. ..
- Miura N, Kakinuma H, Sato M, Aiba N, Terada K, Sugiyama T. Mouse forkhead (winged helix) gene LUN encodes a transactivator that acts in the lung. Genomics. 1998;50:346-56 pubmed..These results suggest that the LUN gene may play an important role as a transactivator in the determination and maintenance of some types of cells in the lung. ..
- Sugimoto J, Hatakeyama T, Narducci M, Russo G, Isobe M. Identification of the TCL1/MTCP1-like 1 (TML1) gene from the region next to the TCL1 locus. Cancer Res. 1999;59:2313-7 pubmed..Because of its location and sequence similarity with TCL1 and MTCP1 oncoproteins, this gene, named TML1 (TCL1/MTCP1-like 1) is a candidate gene that is potentially involved in leukemogenesis. ..
- Uchikawa M, Kamachi Y, Kondoh H. Two distinct subgroups of Group B Sox genes for transcriptional activators and repressors: their expression during embryonic organogenesis of the chicken. Mech Dev. 1999;84:103-20 pubmed..g. interneurons of the spinal cord). These expression patterns suggest that target genes of Group B SOX proteins are finely regulated by the counterbalance of activating and repressing SOX proteins. ..
- Aruga J, Mizugishi K, Koseki H, Imai K, Balling R, Noda T, et al. Zic1 regulates the patterning of vertebral arches in cooperation with Gli3. Mech Dev. 1999;89:141-50 pubmed..The three genes may act synergistically in the development of the vertebral arches. ..
- Ohdate H, Lim C, Kokubo T, Matsubara K, Kimata Y, Kohno K. Impairment of the DNA binding activity of the TATA-binding protein renders the transcriptional function of Rvb2p/Tih2p, the yeast RuvB-like protein, essential for cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14647-56 pubmed..We found that the transcription of some genes depends on functions possessed by both Tih2p and TBP and that these functions are substantially impaired in the spt15/tih2-ts160 double mutants that confer synthetic growth defects. ..
- Gotoh T, Terada K, Oyadomari S, Mori M. hsp70-DnaJ chaperone pair prevents nitric oxide- and CHOP-induced apoptosis by inhibiting translocation of Bax to mitochondria. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11:390-402 pubmed
- Horie Inoue K, Inoue S. Epigenetic and proteolytic inactivation of 14-3-3sigma in breast and prostate cancers. Semin Cancer Biol. 2006;16:235-9 pubmed..Detection of 14-3-3sigma inactivation on the protein or DNA methylation level may be used for cancer prognosis. Furthermore, 14-3-3sigma may be a potential therapeutic target in breast and prostate cancer. ..
- Suzuki C, Nagasaki H, Okajima Y, Suga H, Arima H, Iwasaki Y, et al. The LIM domain homeobox gene isl-1 is a positive regulator of glycoprotein alpha 2 (GPA2), a subunit of thyrostimulin. Regul Pept. 2007;142:60-7 pubmed..This study illustrated that human GPA2 is positively regulated by isl-1, suggesting that this protein associates with endocrine systems including the pituitary and pancreas. ..
- Saito S, Nouno K, Shimizu R, Yamamoto M, Nagata K. Impairment of erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation by a leukemia-associated and t(9;9)-derived fusion gene product, SET/TAF-Ibeta-CAN/Nup214. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:322-33 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that SET-CAN blocks the hematopoietic differentiation program--one of the characteristics of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Nakao H. Characterization of Bombyx embryo segmentation process: expression profiles of engrailed, even-skipped, caudal, and wnt1/wingless homologues. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2010;314:224-31 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, conserved and divergent aspects of the evolution of insect segmentation mechanisms and germ cell formation are discussed...
- Kimura T, Okumura F, Onodera A, Nakanishi T, Itoh N, Isobe M. Chromium (VI) inhibits mouse metallothionein-I gene transcription by modifying the transcription potential of the co-activator p300. J Toxicol Sci. 2011;36:173-80 pubmed..This suggests that the inhibitory effects of Cr(VI) on MT-I transcription may be due to its effects on the HAT-independent transactivation ability rather than the HAT-dependent, HDAC release-related transactivation ability of p300. ..
- Kitaoka Y, Hoshino D, Mukai K, Hiraga A, Takemasa T, Hatta H. Effect of growth on monocarboxylate transporters and indicators of energy metabolism in the gluteus medius muscle of Thoroughbreds. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72:1107-11 pubmed publisher..Changes in protein contents of MCTs and the lactate dehydrogenase isoenzyme profile in GMM samples suggested that lactate usage capacity increases with growth and is accompanied by an increase in the oxidative capacity in Thoroughbreds. ..
- Umeda S, Yamamoto K, Murayama T, Hidaka M, Kurata M, Ohshima T, et al. Prognostic significance of HOXB4 in de novo acute myeloid leukemia. Hematology. 2012;17:125-31 pubmed publisher..Our study distinguishes a subgroup of AML with higher HOXB4 expression and better prognosis, and this might be reflected by relative drug sensitivity in leukemic cells. ..
- Yokotani N, Ichikawa T, Kondou Y, Iwabuchi M, Matsui M, Hirochika H, et al. Role of the rice transcription factor JAmyb in abiotic stress response. J Plant Res. 2013;126:131-9 pubmed publisher..JAmyb has been reported to be associated with disease response. Our observations suggest that JAmyb plays a role in JA-mediated abiotic stress response in addition to biotic stress response in rice. ..
- Irie A, Harada K, Araki N, Nishimura Y. Phosphorylation of SET protein at Ser171 by protein kinase D2 diminishes its inhibitory effect on protein phosphatase 2A. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51242 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PKD2 is involved in the regulation of PP2A activity in activated T cells through phosphorylation of Ser171 of SET. ..
- Wada C, Imai M, Yura T. Host control of plasmid replication: requirement for the sigma factor sigma 32 in transcription of mini-F replication initiator gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:8849-53 pubmed..We conclude that transcription of the mini-F repE gene is mediated by the host transcription factor sigma 32 and is negatively controlled by its own product. ..
- Masuda E, Anaguchi H, Yamada K, Kobayashi Y. Two developmental genes encoding sigma factor homologs are arranged in tandem in Bacillus subtilis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7637-41 pubmed..The mutant exhibits normal growth but is unable to produce heat-resistant spores. We propose that the ORF3 gene product is a sigma factor or a related peptide essential for sporulation at a late stage of development. ..
- Mori H, Imai M, Shigesada K. Mutant rho factors with increased transcription termination activities. II. Identification and functional dissection of amino acid changes. J Mol Biol. 1989;210:39-49 pubmed
- Tao K, Makino K, Yonei S, Nakata A, Shinagawa H. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequencing of oxyR, the positive regulatory gene of a regulon for an adaptive response to oxidative stress in Escherichia coli: homologies between OxyR protein and a family of bacterial activator proteins. Mol Gen Genet. 1989;218:371-6 pubmed..The product of the oxyR gene identified by the maxicell procedure was a 34 kDa protein, which agrees with the size predicted from the nucleotide sequence of the gene. ..
- Arai A, Yamamoto K, Toyama J. Murine cardiac progenitor cells require visceral embryonic endoderm and primitive streak for terminal differentiation. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:344-53 pubmed..5 days p.c., as a consequence of the multistep induction by cell interactions with both the primitive streak and visceral embryonic endoderm, following the genetic specification to cardiac lineage in the early gastrula stage. ..
- Lee J, Kambe M, Hayashi M, Takenaga K. Cloning and characterization of a novel zinc finger protein that associates with nuclear matrix. DNA Cell Biol. 1998;17:849-58 pubmed..In the cell cycle of NIH3T3 cells, expression was low in the G0/G1 phase, increased during the G1 phase, and persisted during the S and G2/M phases, suggesting that ZAN75 plays a role in regulating cell growth. ..
- Yamauchi T, Toko M, Suga M, Hatakeyama T, Isobe M. Structural organization of the human Elk1 gene and its processed pseudogene Elk2. DNA Res. 1999;6:21-7 pubmed..2 --> qter region in addition to Elk2 locus between IGHA1 and IGHGP loci. ..
- Lee J, Nakane Y, Koshikawa N, Nakayama K, Hayashi M, Takenaga K. Characterization of a zinc finger protein ZAN75: nuclear localization signal, transcriptional activator activity, and expression during neuronal differentiation of P19 cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2000;19:227-34 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that ZAN75 is a transcriptional activator with a bipartite nuclear localization signal and may play a role in neuronal differentiation. ..
- Yoshida T, Kuwahara M, Maita K, Harada T. Immunohistochemical study on hypoxia in spontaneous polycystic liver and kidney disease in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2001;53:123-8 pubmed..The results suggest that hypoxia-related molecules may be induced by cystic alterations in a heterogeneous appearance. ..
- Haraguchi R, Mo R, Hui C, Motoyama J, Makino S, Shiroishi T, et al. Unique functions of Sonic hedgehog signaling during external genitalia development. Development. 2001;128:4241-50 pubmed..These results suggest a dual mode of Shh function, first by the regulation of initiating GT outgrowth, and second, by subsequent GT differentiation. ..
- Ishiguro H, Okubo Y, Ohtsuki T, Yamakawa Kobayashi K, Arinami T. Mutation analysis of the retinoid X receptor beta, nuclear-related receptor 1, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha genes in schizophrenia and alcohol dependence: possible haplotype association of nuclear-related receptor 1 gene to al. Am J Med Genet. 2002;114:15-23 pubmed
- Naito Y, Tsujino T, Kawasaki D, Okumura T, Morimoto S, Masai M, et al. Circadian gene expression of clock genes and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in heart and aorta of spontaneously hypertensive and Wistar-Kyoto rats. J Hypertens. 2003;21:1107-15 pubmed..Rather than clock genes, the renin-angiotensin system induces daily fluctuation and increased expression of aortic PAI-1 mRNA in SHR. ..
- Ichikawa E, Hida S, Omatsu Y, Shimoyama S, Takahara K, Miyagawa S, et al. Defective development of splenic and epidermal CD4+ dendritic cells in mice deficient for IFN regulatory factor-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3909-14 pubmed..Our current findings thus pointed to a previously unknown unique cell-type-selective multimode function of IRF-2 in the regulation of lymphohematopoiesis. ..
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on SOX2 orthologs. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:797-800 pubmed..Due to the pivotal role of SOX2 in the early embryogenesis, SOX2 promoter and SOX2 protein were well conserved during vertebrate evolution. This is the first report on comparative integromics analyses on the SOX2 orthologs. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Integrative genomic analyses on HES/HEY family: Notch-independent HES1, HES3 transcription in undifferentiated ES cells, and Notch-dependent HES1, HES5, HEY1, HEY2, HEYL transcription in fetal tissues, adult tissues, or cancer. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:461-6 pubmed..Together these facts indicate that HES1 and HES3 were target genes of the ES cell-specific network of transcription factors, and that HES1, HES5, HEY1, HEY2 and HEYL were target genes of Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Nakamura S, Hayashi K, Iwasaki K, Fujioka T, Egusa H, Yatani H, et al. Nuclear import mechanism for myocardin family members and their correlation with vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:37314-23 pubmed publisher..The expression of Mycd nuclear import machineries is related to the expression levels of VSMC phenotype-dependent smooth muscle cell markers. ..
- Kiyota T, Hamada R, Sakamoto K, Iwashita K, Yamada O, Mikami S. Aflatoxin non-productivity of Aspergillus oryzae caused by loss of function in the aflJ gene product. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011;111:512-7 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the amino-acid substitutions in AFLJ of A. oryzae induce inactivation at the protein level...
- Ito K, Egawa K, Nakamura Y. Genetic interaction between the beta' subunit of RNA polymerase and the arginine-rich domain of Escherichia coli nusA protein. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1492-501 pubmed..The intragenic suppressor study indicated that the nusA11 mutation can be suppressed by changing the mutated aspartate 181 to alanine or changing aspartate 84 to tyrosine. ..
- Saga Y, Hata N, Kobayashi S, Magnuson T, Seldin M, Taketo M. MesP1: a novel basic helix-loop-helix protein expressed in the nascent mesodermal cells during mouse gastrulation. Development. 1996;122:2769-78 pubmed..The amino acid sequence and its expression pattern suggest that MesP1 plays an important role in the development of the nascent mesoderm including PGC. ..
- Aruga J, Minowa O, Yaginuma H, Kuno J, Nagai T, Noda T, et al. Mouse Zic1 is involved in cerebellar development. J Neurosci. 1998;18:284-93 pubmed..These findings suggest that Zic1 may determine the cerebellar folial pattern principally via regulation of cell proliferation in the EGL. ..
- Yamagishi T, Nakajima Y, Miyazono K, Nakamura H. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 acts synergistically with transforming growth factor-beta3 during endothelial-mesenchymal transformation in the developing chick heart. J Cell Physiol. 1999;180:35-45 pubmed..These results suggest that BMP2 1) plays an important role in the formation of endocardial cushion tissue and 2) acts synergistically with TGFbeta3 in the regulation of this developmental event. ..
- Furukawa Hibi Y, Yoshida Araki K, Ohta T, Ikeda K, Motoyama N. FOXO forkhead transcription factors induce G(2)-M checkpoint in response to oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26729-32 pubmed..Our results suggest that the FOXO family of transcription factors plays an important role in the regulation of GADD45 in response to oxidative stress and thereby contributes to G(2)-M checkpoint. ..
- Nakagawa I, Kurokawa K, Yamashita A, Nakata M, Tomiyasu Y, Okahashi N, et al. Genome sequence of an M3 strain of Streptococcus pyogenes reveals a large-scale genomic rearrangement in invasive strains and new insights into phage evolution. Genome Res. 2003;13:1042-55 pubmed
- Hayakawa F, Towatari M, Ozawa Y, Tomita A, Privalsky M, Saito H. Functional regulation of GATA-2 by acetylation. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;75:529-40 pubmed..We conclude that acetylation provides multiple control points for the regulation of GATA-2 function. ..
- Inoue M, Takahashi K, Niide O, Shibata M, Fukuzawa M, Ra C. LDOC1, a novel MZF-1-interacting protein, induces apoptosis. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:604-8 pubmed..Furthermore, a transcription factor, MZF-1, was revealed to interact with LDOC1 and enhance the activity of LDOC1 for inducing apoptosis. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on Wnt7a orthologs. Oncol Rep. 2005;13:777-80 pubmed..Therefore, biological functions of rodent Wnt7a are not always consistent with those of human WNT7A due to promoter evolution. This is the first report on the rat Wnt7a gene and comparative genomics for Wnt7a orthologs. ..
- Yoshida T, Phylactou L, Uney J, Ishikawa I, Eto K, Iseki S. Twist is required for establishment of the mouse coronal suture. J Anat. 2005;206:437-44 pubmed..These results suggest that during establishment of the suture area, Twist is required for the regulation of sutural cell proliferation and osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Kawai S, Kato T, Sato M, Amano A. Odd-skipped related 2 gene transcription is regulated by CCAAT enhancer-binding protein delta in mesenchymal C3H10T1/2 cells. Genes Cells. 2006;11:163-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that Osr2 expression is regulated by C/EBP regulatory elements. ..
- Niwa R, Hada K, Moliyama K, Ohniwa R, Tan Y, Olsson Carter K, et al. C. elegans sym-1 is a downstream target of the hunchback-like-1 developmental timing transcription factor. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:4147-54 pubmed..Given that SYM-1 is a protein secreted from hypodermal cells to the surrounding cuticle, we propose that the adult-specific cuticular structures may be under the temporal control of HBL-1 through regulation of sym-1 transcription. ..
- Qin F, Sakuma Y, Tran L, Maruyama K, Kidokoro S, Fujita Y, et al. Arabidopsis DREB2A-interacting proteins function as RING E3 ligases and negatively regulate plant drought stress-responsive gene expression. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1693-707 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DRIP1 and DRIP2 act as novel negative regulators in drought-responsive gene expression by targeting DREB2A to 26S proteasome proteolysis. ..
- Hayashi S, Watanabe J, Nakachi K, Eguchi H, Gotoh O, Kawajiri K. Interindividual difference in expression of human Ah receptor and related P450 genes. Carcinogenesis. 1994;15:801-6 pubmed..The expression of human Ahr and Arnt is reported here for the first time, providing a quantitative RT-PCR analysis as a useful tool for further studies. ..
- Tamai Y, Taketo M, Nozaki M, Seldin M. Mouse Elk oncogene maps to chromosome X and a novel Elk oncogene (Elk3) maps to chromosome 10. Genomics. 1995;26:414-6 pubmed..Using a panel of interspecific backcross mice, we have mapped the Elk oncogene (Elk) and a novel type Elk oncogene (Elk3), closely related to ELK1. Elk maps to Chr X, and Elk3 maps to the proximal region of Chr 10. ..
- Lee H, Masuda E, Arai N, Arai K, Yokota T. Definition of cis-regulatory elements of the mouse interleukin-5 gene promoter. Involvement of nuclear factor of activated T cell-related factors in interleukin-5 expression. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:17541-50 pubmed..It thus seems likely that an NF-AT-related factor is involved in the regulation of IL-5 gene transcription. ..
- Kamachi Y, Sockanathan S, Liu Q, Breitman M, Lovell Badge R, Kondoh H. Involvement of SOX proteins in lens-specific activation of crystallin genes. EMBO J. 1995;14:3510-9 pubmed..This work is the first to show delta- and gamma-crystallin genes as examples of direct regulatory targets of SOX proteins and provides evidence that diversified crystallin genes are regulated, at least partly, by a common mechanism. ..
- Kato J, Sakai Y, Nikata T, Ohtake H. Cloning and characterization of a Pseudomonas aeruginosa gene involved in the negative regulation of phosphate taxis. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:5874-7 pubmed..aeruginosa phoU gene was involved both in the regulation of AP expression and in the induction of P(i) taxis. However, unlike AP expression, P(i) taxis was not regulated by the phoB gene product. ..
- Fuse N, Hirose S, Hayashi S. Determination of wing cell fate by the escargot and snail genes in Drosophila. Development. 1996;122:1059-67 pubmed..The sustained Escargot and Snail expression then activates vestigial and other target genes that are essential for wing development. This maintains the commitment to the wing cell fate and induces wing-specific cell shape change. ..
- Toki T, Itoh J, Kitazawa J, Arai K, Hatakeyama K, Akasaka J, et al. Human small Maf proteins form heterodimers with CNC family transcription factors and recognize the NF-E2 motif. Oncogene. 1997;14:1901-10 pubmed..The results suggest that the small Maf family proteins function in human cells through interaction with various basic-leucine zipper-type transcription factors. ..
- Sumiyama K, Washio Watanabe K, Ono T, Yoshida M, Hayakawa T, Ueda S. Human class III POU genes, POU3F1 and POU3F3, map to chromosomes 1p34.1 and 3p14.2. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:180-1 pubmed
- Tsuda M, Kamimura K, Nakato H, Archer M, Staatz W, Fox B, et al. The cell-surface proteoglycan Dally regulates Wingless signalling in Drosophila. Nature. 1999;400:276-80 pubmed..Dally can therefore differentially influence signalling mediated by two growth factors, and may form a regulatory component of both Wg and Dpp receptor complexes. ..
- Takata K, Yoshida H, Hirose F, Yamaguchi M, Kai M, Oshige M, et al. Drosophila mitochondrial transcription factor A: characterization of its cDNA and expression pattern during development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:474-83 pubmed..Based on these results, the functions of D-mtTFA were discussed in relation to mitochondrial biogenesis of Drosophila melanogaster. ..
- Kanemura Y, Mori K, Sakakibara S, Fujikawa H, Hayashi H, Nakano A, et al. Musashi1, an evolutionarily conserved neural RNA-binding protein, is a versatile marker of human glioma cells in determining their cellular origin, malignancy, and proliferative activity. Differentiation. 2001;68:141-52 pubmed..Thus, we expect the analysis of MSI1 expression to contribute to the understanding of the cellular origin and biology of human gliomas...
- Tanaka Y, Yoshikawa M, Kobayashi Y, Kuroda M, Kaito M, Shiroi A, et al. Expressions of hepatobiliary organic anion transporters and bilirubin-conjugating enzyme in differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:324-30 pubmed
- Tanimoto K, Sugiura A, Omori A, Felsenfeld G, Engel J, Fukamizu A. Human beta-globin locus control region HS5 contains CTCF- and developmental stage-dependent enhancer-blocking activity in erythroid cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8946-52 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the phenotype observed in the LCR-inverted locus was in part attributable to placing the HS5 insulator between the LCR HS enhancers (HS1 to HS4) and the promoter of the beta-globin gene. ..
- Koyama H, Nagao T, Inai T, Miyahara K, Hayasida Y, Shirahige K, et al. RSC Nucleosome-remodeling complex plays prominent roles in transcriptional regulation throughout budding yeast gametogenesis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:909-19 pubmed
- Kohno H, Suzuki R, Yasui Y, Hosokawa M, Miyashita K, Tanaka T. Pomegranate seed oil rich in conjugated linolenic acid suppresses chemically induced colon carcinogenesis in rats. Cancer Sci. 2004;95:481-6 pubmed
- Honda A, Salen G, Matsuzaki Y, Batta A, Xu G, Hirayama T, et al. Disrupted coordinate regulation of farnesoid X receptor target genes in a patient with cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:287-96 pubmed..The mechanism of the disruption may be explained by a normally stimulated FXR pathway attributable to markedly increased bile alcohols with activation of HNF4alpha caused by reduced bile acids in CTX liver...
- Mito T, Sarashina I, Zhang H, Iwahashi A, Okamoto H, Miyawaki K, et al. Non-canonical functions of hunchback in segment patterning of the intermediate germ cricket Gryllus bimaculatus. Development. 2005;132:2069-79 pubmed..A comparison of our results with the results for other derived species revealed that the canonical hb function may have evolved from the non-canonical hb functions during evolution. ..
- Tanaka I, Morikawa M, Okuse T, Shirakawa M, Imai K. Expression and regulation of WISP2 in rheumatoid arthritic synovium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:973-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the expression of WISP2 is synergistically upregulated in RA synovial fibroblasts by estrogen and WNT pathways, and suggest an involvement in the pathology of the disease. ..