Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Germany
Topic: transcription factors
Publications515 found, 100 shown here
- Hering R, Petrovic S, Mietz E, Holzmann C, Berg D, Bauer P, et al. Extended mutation analysis and association studies of Nurr1 (NR4A2) in Parkinson disease. Neurology. 2004;62:1231-2 pubmed
- Bitzer M, Schaeffel F. ZENK expression of retinal glucagon amacrine cells in chicks: the effect of defocus presented in vivo, in vitro and under anesthesia. Vision Res. 2006;46:848-59 pubmed..Also in intact animals, though under anesthesia, ZENK and eye growth did not respond to the sign of imposed defocus. Some stimulus for emmetropization appears to be important which is available only in alert animals. ..
- Lisso J, Altmann T, Müssig C. The AtNFXL1 gene encodes a NF-X1 type zinc finger protein required for growth under salt stress. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4851-6 pubmed..The AtNFXL2 protein potentially plays an antagonistic role. The Arabidopsis NF-X1 type zinc finger proteins likely are part of regulatory mechanisms, which protect major processes such as photosynthesis. ..
- Wixler V, Hirner S, Müller J, Gullotti L, Will C, Kirfel J, et al. Deficiency in the LIM-only protein Fhl2 impairs skin wound healing. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:163-72 pubmed..In summary, our data demonstrate a function of Fhl2 as a lipid-triggered signaling molecule in mesenchymal cells regulating their migration and contraction during cutaneous wound healing. ..
- Müller Brüsselbach S, Ebrahimsade S, Jäkel J, Eckhardt J, Rapp U, Peters J, et al. Growth of transgenic RAF-induced lung adenomas is increased in mice with a disrupted PPARbeta/delta gene. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:607-11 pubmed..These results are relevant with respect to the clinical application of drugs modulating the activity of PPARbeta or PPARgamma. ..
- Farkas L, Haffner C, Giger T, Khaitovich P, Nowick K, Birchmeier C, et al. Insulinoma-associated 1 has a panneurogenic role and promotes the generation and expansion of basal progenitors in the developing mouse neocortex. Neuron. 2008;60:40-55 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that Insm1 is involved in the generation and expansion of basal progenitors, a hallmark of neocortex evolution. ..
- Malcher M, Schladebeck S, Mösch H. The Yak1 protein kinase lies at the center of a regulatory cascade affecting adhesive growth and stress resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2011;187:717-30 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that Yak1 is at the center of a regulatory cascade for adhesive growth and stress resistance, which is under dual control of Whi3 and the PKA subunit Tpk1. ..
- Leitner L, Shaposhnikov D, Mengel A, Descot A, Julien S, Hoffmann R, et al. MAL/MRTF-A controls migration of non-invasive cells by upregulation of cytoskeleton-associated proteins. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4318-31 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the actin-MAL pathway promotes adhesive gene expression, including integrin ?5, Pkp2 and FHL1, and that this is anti-motile for non-invasive cells harbouring high basal activity. ..
- Wu A, Allu A, Garapati P, Siddiqui H, Dortay H, Zanor M, et al. JUNGBRUNNEN1, a reactive oxygen species-responsive NAC transcription factor, regulates longevity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:482-506 pubmed publisher..We suggest that JUB1 constitutes a central regulator of a finely tuned control system that modulates cellular H(2)O(2) level and primes the plants for upcoming stress through a gene regulatory network that involves DREB2A. ..
- Deutsch L, Wrage M, Koops S, Glatzel M, Uzunoglu F, Kutup A, et al. Opposite roles of FOXA1 and NKX2-1 in lung cancer progression. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:618-29 pubmed publisher..039). These results suggest that both FOXA1 and NKX2-1 may act as lineage-specific target genes within the 14q amplicon with opposite functions in lung cancer. ..
- Strenkert D, Schmollinger S, Schroda M. Heat shock factor 1 counteracts epigenetic silencing of nuclear transgenes in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:5273-89 pubmed publisher..We propose that HSF1 constitutively forms a scaffold at the transgenic A promoter, presumably containing mediator and TFIID, from which local chromatin remodeling and polymerase II recruitment to downstream promoters is realized. ..
- Tang S, Chen H, Cheng Y, Nasir M, Kemper N, Bao E. The interactive association between heat shock factor 1 and heat shock proteins in primary myocardial cells subjected to heat stress. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:56-62 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, HSP70 may suppress HSF1 in rat myocardial cells under conditions of heat stress. Furthermore, our data demonstrate that HSF1 is not the key factor for all HSPs, and this was particularly the case for CRYAB. ..
- Krebs I, Weis I, Hudler M, Rommens J, Roth H, Scherer S, et al. Translocation breakpoint maps 5 kb 3' from TWIST in a patient affected with Saethre-Chotzen syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:1079-86 pubmed
- Steinfelder H, Wondisford F. Thyrotropin (TSH) beta-subunit gene expression--an example for the complex regulation of pituitary hormone genes. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 1997;105:196-203 pubmed..Identification of different mutations in the human pit-1 gene supported the role of this protein for combined pituitary hormone deficiency (CPHD) characterized by the deficiency of GH, prolactin and TSH. ..
- Campos Ortega J. The genetics of the Drosophila achaete-scute gene complex: a historical appraisal. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:291-7 pubmed..Due to their intricate organization, these genes have occupied geneticists and developmental biologists for many years. Here, genetic studies on the complex are discussed from a historical point of view. ..
- Raible F, Brand M. Tight transcriptional control of the ETS domain factors Erm and Pea3 by Fgf signaling during early zebrafish development. Mech Dev. 2001;107:105-17 pubmed
- Melzner I, Scott V, Dorsch K, Fischer P, Wabitsch M, Brüderlein S, et al. Leptin gene expression in human preadipocytes is switched on by maturation-induced demethylation of distinct CpGs in its proximal promoter. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45420-7 pubmed
- Gilfillan S, Stelzer G, Piaia E, Hofmann M, Meisterernst M. Efficient binding of NC2.TATA-binding protein to DNA in the absence of TATA. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6222-30 pubmed..DNA complexes. Our data suggest that NC2 controls TBP binding and maintenance on DNA that is largely independent of a canonical TATA sequence. ..
- Geier A, Gartung C, Theurl I, Weiss G, Lammert F, Dietrich C, et al. Occult celiac disease prevents penetrance of hemochromatosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:3323-6 pubmed..Occult CD may compensate for increased DMT1 expression in a specific subset of individuals with homozygous C282Y mutations in the hemochromatosis (HFE) gene, thus contributing to the low penetrance of HH. ..
- Hendrischk A, Braatsch S, Glaeser J, Klug G. The phrA gene of Rhodobacter sphaeroides encodes a photolyase and is regulated by singlet oxygen and peroxide in a sigma(E)-dependent manner. Microbiology. 2007;153:1842-51 pubmed..Thus, the sigma(E) regulon is involved not only in the response to singlet oxygen but also in the hydrogen peroxide response. ..
- Asmus F, Langseth A, Doherty E, Nestor T, Munz M, Gasser T, et al. "Jerky" dystonia in children: spectrum of phenotypes and genetic testing. Mov Disord. 2009;24:702-9 pubmed publisher..A causative gene for D-PMM remains to be identified. ..
- Mendoza Mendoza A, Eskova A, Weise C, Czajkowski R, Kahmann R. Hap2 regulates the pheromone response transcription factor prf1 in Ustilago maydis. Mol Microbiol. 2009;72:683-98 pubmed publisher..In a solopathogenic strain hap2 deletion affected filamentation and the mutants showed reduced pathogenicity symptoms. These data suggest that Hap2 is a novel regulator of prf1 with additional functions after cell fusion. ..
- Wenzel S, Martins B, Rosch P, Wohrl B. Crystal structure of the human transcription elongation factor DSIF hSpt4 subunit in complex with the hSpt5 dimerization interface. Biochem J. 2009;425:373-80 pubmed publisher..However, exchanging the glutamine for glutamate proved not to be sufficient to induce hSpt4 binding. ..
- Schubert S, Barker K, Znaidi S, Schneider S, Dierolf F, Dunkel N, et al. Regulation of efflux pump expression and drug resistance by the transcription factors Mrr1, Upc2, and Cap1 in Candida albicans. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:2212-23 pubmed publisher..albicans, but gain-of-function mutations in either of the two transcription factors can independently mediate efflux pump overexpression and drug resistance. ..
- Dames P, Weise M, Puff R, Goke B, Parhofer K, Seissler J, et al. Suppression of the nuclear factor Eny2 increases insulin secretion in poorly functioning INS-1E insulinoma cells. Exp Diabetes Res. 2012;2012:460869 pubmed publisher..Whether these findings extend to other experimental conditions or to in vivo physiology needs to be determined in further studies. ..
- Mönke G, Seifert M, Keilwagen J, Mohr M, Grosse I, Hähnel U, et al. Toward the identification and regulation of the Arabidopsis thaliana ABI3 regulon. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8240-54 pubmed..The data strengthen and extend the notion that ABI3 is essential for the protection of embryonic structures from desiccation and raise pertinent questions regarding the specificity of promoter recognition. ..
- Pabst O, Zweigerdt R, Arnold H. Targeted disruption of the homeobox transcription factor Nkx2-3 in mice results in postnatal lethality and abnormal development of small intestine and spleen. Development. 1999;126:2215-25 pubmed..Moreover, some of the Nkx2-3 mutants exhibit asplenia. Taken together these observations indicate that Nkx2-3 is essential for normal development and functions of the small intestine and spleen. ..
- Mild G, Schmahl G, Shayan P, Niemeyer C. Expression of interferon regulatory factor 1 and 2 in hematopoietic cells of children with juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 1999;35:507-11 pubmed..Although our results are preliminary they suggest that neither the tumor suppressor gene IRF-1 nor the oncogene IRF-2 is involved in the pathogenesis of JMML. ..
- Dreyer S, Morello R, German M, Zabel B, Winterpacht A, Lunstrum G, et al. LMX1B transactivation and expression in nail-patella syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1067-74 pubmed..These mutations fail to act in a dominant-negative manner on wild-type LMX1B in mixing studies, thereby supporting haploinsufficiency as the mechanism underlying NPS pathogenesis...
- Helfrich Forster C, Edwards T, Yasuyama K, Wisotzki B, Schneuwly S, Stanewsky R, et al. The extraretinal eyelet of Drosophila: development, ultrastructure, and putative circadian function. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9255-66 pubmed..Thus a functional role in circadian entrainment first found in Bolwig's organ in the larva is retained in eyelet, the adult remnant of Bolwig's organ, even in the face of metamorphic restructuring. ..
- Hennemann H, Vassen L, Geisen C, Eilers M, Moroy T. Identification of a novel Krüppel-associated box domain protein, Krim-1, that interacts with c-Myc and inhibits its oncogenic activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28799-811 pubmed..The transcriptional corepressor Tif-1beta is a binding partner for Krim-1 and stabilizes the protein. Our findings suggest that Myc-mediated functions can be negatively regulated by Krim-1, potentially in a complex with Tif-1beta. ..
- Häcker S, Krebber H. Differential export requirements for shuttling serine/arginine-type mRNA-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5049-52 pubmed..These findings suggest that Hrb1 and Gbp2, but not Npl3, might be loaded onto the growing mRNA via the THO complex components Mtf1 and Hrp1. ..
- Nathues E, Joshi S, Tenberge K, von den Driesch M, Oeser B, Baumer N, et al. CPTF1, a CREB-like transcription factor, is involved in the oxidative stress response in the phytopathogen Claviceps purpurea and modulates ROS level in its host Secale cereale. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2004;17:383-93 pubmed..These data indicate that CPTF1 is involved not only in oxidative stress response in the fungus but also in modulation of the plant's defense reactions...
- Sell S, Hehl R. Functional dissection of a small anaerobically induced bZIP transcription factor from tomato. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4534-44 pubmed publisher..This correlates with the anaerobic down regulation of the 35S promoter in tomato and tobacco. These results may suggest that small bZIP proteins are involved in the negative regulation of gene expression under anaerobic conditions...
- Fensterl V, Grotheer D, Berk I, Schlemminger S, Vallbracht A, Dotzauer A. Hepatitis A virus suppresses RIG-I-mediated IRF-3 activation to block induction of beta interferon. J Virol. 2005;79:10968-77 pubmed
- Winter J, Kunath M, Roepcke S, Krause S, Schneider R, Schweiger S. Alternative polyadenylation signals and promoters act in concert to control tissue-specific expression of the Opitz Syndrome gene MID1. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:105 pubmed..MID1 expression is tightly regulated through concerted action of alternative promoters and alternative polyadenylation signals both during embryonic development and in the adult. ..
- Osorio S, Alba R, Damasceno C, Lopez Casado G, Lohse M, Zanor M, et al. Systems biology of tomato fruit development: combined transcript, protein, and metabolite analysis of tomato transcription factor (nor, rin) and ethylene receptor (Nr) mutants reveals novel regulatory interactions. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:405-25 pubmed publisher..These results further revealed multiple ethylene-associated events during tomato ripening, providing new insights into the molecular biology of ethylene-mediated ripening regulatory networks. ..
- Gillardon F, Bäurle J, Wickert H, Grüsser Cornehls U, Zimmermann M. Differential regulation of bcl-2, bax, c-fos, junB, and krox-24 expression in the cerebellum of Purkinje cell degeneration mutant mice. J Neurosci Res. 1995;41:708-15 pubmed..Fos and Jun transcription factor proteins may be implicated in the regulation of bcl-2 expression and in the signal cascade leading to Purkinje cell death. ..
- Krausz E, Augusteyn R, Quinlan R, Reddan J, Russell P, Sax C, et al. Expression of Crystallins, Pax6, Filensin, CP49, MIP, and MP20 in lens-derived cell lines. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1996;37:2120-8 pubmed..The observed expression of Pax6 in all lens-derived cell lines allows their use in the analysis of corresponding signal chains. ..
- Schreiber J, Enderich J, Wegner M. Structural requirements for DNA binding of GCM proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2337-43 pubmed..Our results give insights into the exact nature of the GCM binding sites expected in target genes and point to a role for redox regulation in the function of GCM proteins. ..
- Leimeister C, Dale K, Fischer A, Klamt B, Hrabe de Angelis M, Radtke F, et al. Oscillating expression of c-Hey2 in the presomitic mesoderm suggests that the segmentation clock may use combinatorial signaling through multiple interacting bHLH factors. Dev Biol. 2000;227:91-103 pubmed
- Liebich I, Bode J, Reuter I, Wingender E. Evaluation of sequence motifs found in scaffold/matrix-attached regions (S/MARs). Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:3433-42 pubmed..Our results can serve as a guideline for further improvements in the definition of S/MARs, which are now believed to constitute the functional coordinate system for genomic regulatory regions. ..
- Maurange C, Paro R. A cellular memory module conveys epigenetic inheritance of hedgehog expression during Drosophila wing imaginal disc development. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2672-83 pubmed
- Thanos S, Püttmann S, Naskar R, Rose K, Langkamp Flock M, Paulus W. Potential role of Pax-2 in retinal axon navigation through the chick optic nerve stalk and optic chiasm. J Neurobiol. 2004;59:8-23 pubmed..These data suggest that balanced expression of Pax-2 results in the correct formation of the chick chiasm at early stages by imposing accurate pathfinding within the optic stalk and the midline. ..
- Stolt C, Lommes P, Friedrich R, Wegner M. Transcription factors Sox8 and Sox10 perform non-equivalent roles during oligodendrocyte development despite functional redundancy. Development. 2004;131:2349-58 pubmed..Resulting differences in protein amounts might be a main reason for the weaker impact of Sox8 on oligodendrocyte development and for unidirectional compensation of the Sox8 loss by Sox10. ..
- Hegen A, Koidl S, Weindel K, Marme D, Augustin H, Fiedler U. Expression of angiopoietin-2 in endothelial cells is controlled by positive and negative regulatory promoter elements. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1803-9 pubmed
- Anton R, Kestler H, Kuhl M. Beta-catenin signaling contributes to stemness and regulates early differentiation in murine embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5247-54 pubmed..During differentiation, activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway influences formation of mesoderm and cardiomyocytes in a time and dose dependent manner. ..
- Hoff S, Zeller F, Von Weyhern C, Wegner M, Schemann M, Michel K, et al. Quantitative assessment of glial cells in the human and guinea pig enteric nervous system with an anti-Sox8/9/10 antibody. J Comp Neurol. 2008;509:356-71 pubmed publisher..This is a comprehensive set of quantitative EGC measures in man and guinea pig that provides a basis for pathological assessment of glial proliferation and/or degeneration in the diseased gut...
- Glahn F, Schmidt Heck W, Zellmer S, Guthke R, Wiese J, Golka K, et al. Cadmium, cobalt and lead cause stress response, cell cycle deregulation and increased steroid as well as xenobiotic metabolism in primary normal human bronchial epithelial cells which is coordinated by at least nine transcription factors. Arch Toxicol. 2008;82:513-24 pubmed publisher..This study gives an overview of the most responsive genes. ..
- Jung P, Menssen A, Mayr D, Hermeking H. AP4 encodes a c-MYC-inducible repressor of p21. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15046-51 pubmed publisher..Notably, AP4 is specifically expressed in colonic progenitor and colorectal carcinoma cells. In conclusion, our results indicate that c-MYC employs AP4 to maintain cells in a proliferative, progenitor-like state. ..
- Berger C, Kannan R, Myneni S, Renner S, Shashidhara L, Technau G. Cell cycle independent role of Cyclin E during neural cell fate specification in Drosophila is mediated by its regulation of Prospero function. Dev Biol. 2010;337:415-24 pubmed publisher..e. asymmetric cell division of NB6-4t. Furthermore our data imply that CycE is required for the maintenance of stem cell identity of most other neuroblasts. ..
- Agoston Z, Heine P, Brill M, Grebbin B, Hau A, Kallenborn Gerhardt W, et al. Meis2 is a Pax6 co-factor in neurogenesis and dopaminergic periglomerular fate specification in the adult olfactory bulb. Development. 2014;141:28-38 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that Meis2 cooperates with Pax6 in generic neurogenesis and dopaminergic fate specification in the adult SVZ-OB system. ..
- Rust W, Stedronsky K, Tillmann G, Morley S, Walther N, Ivell R. The role of SF-1/Ad4BP in the control of the bovine gene for the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein. J Mol Endocrinol. 1998;21:189-200 pubmed
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Steidl C, Gessler M. Analysis of HeyL expression in wild-type and Notch pathway mutant mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2000;98:175-8 pubmed..Furthermore, HeyL expression in vascular smooth muscle cells and in the thymus strikingly overlaps with that of Notch3, mutations of which underlie the CADASIL vascular disorder. ..
- Chapouton P, Schuurmans C, Guillemot F, Gotz M. The transcription factor neurogenin 2 restricts cell migration from the cortex to the striatum. Development. 2001;128:5149-59 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that distinct cues located in the cortico-striatal boundary restrict cells in the dorsal and ventral telencephalon. ..
- Uyanik G, Aigner L, Martin P, Gross C, Neumann D, Marschner Schäfer H, et al. ARX mutations in X-linked lissencephaly with abnormal genitalia. Neurology. 2003;61:232-5 pubmed
- Commichau F, Stülke J. Trigger enzymes: bifunctional proteins active in metabolism and in controlling gene expression. Mol Microbiol. 2008;67:692-702 pubmed..An analysis of the occurrence of trigger enzymes suggests that the duplication and subsequent functional specialization is a major pattern in their evolution. ..
- Beier D, Gross R. The BvgS/BvgA phosphorelay system of pathogenic Bordetellae: structure, function and evolution. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;631:149-60 pubmed publisher..In this chapter the current knowledge about signal perception and the molecular basis of differential gene expression controlled by a single two-component system is discussed. ..
- Hanker L, Karn T, Ruckhaeberle E, Gaetje R, Solbach C, Schmidt M, et al. Clinical relevance of the putative stem cell marker p63 in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:765-75 pubmed publisher..5). P63 is a positive prognostic factor in endocrine-treated ER positive breast cancer and might influence responsiveness to endocrine treatment. Thus, p63 could be helpful as a predictive factor for endocrine therapy. ..
- Alkatout I, Wiedermann M, Bauer M, Wenners A, Jonat W, Klapper W. Transcription factors associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cells in the tumor centre and margin of invasive breast cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:168-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that the bio-markers of CSC detect very variable cell populations within breast cancer, challenging the assumption of a hierarchical organization of CSC in these tumors. ..
- Spörle R, Gunther T, Struwe M, Schughart K. Severe defects in the formation of epaxial musculature in open brain (opb) mutant mouse embryos. Development. 1996;122:79-86 pubmed..The implications of our findings for interactions between dorsal neural tube, surface ectoderm and dorsomedial somite regions in specifying epaxial musculature are discussed. ..
- Lef J, Dege P, Scheucher M, Forsbach Birk V, Clement J, Knochel W. A fork head related multigene family is transcribed in Xenopus laevis embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 1996;40:245-53 pubmed..Although transcription of individual XFD genes partially overlaps, each gene is characterized by means of a specific spatial pattern of transcriptional activity. ..
- Muffler A, Barth M, Marschall C, Hengge Aronis R. Heat shock regulation of sigmaS turnover: a role for DnaK and relationship between stress responses mediated by sigmaS and sigma32 in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:445-52 pubmed
- Hardtke C, Berleth T. The Arabidopsis gene MONOPTEROS encodes a transcription factor mediating embryo axis formation and vascular development. EMBO J. 1998;17:1405-11 pubmed..These observations suggest that the MP gene has an early function in the establishment of vascular and body patterns in embryonic and post-embryonic development. ..
- Greschik H, Wurtz J, Hublitz P, Kohler F, Moras D, Schule R. Characterization of the DNA-binding and dimerization properties of the nuclear orphan receptor germ cell nuclear factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:690-703 pubmed..In summary, our findings describe unique DNA-binding and dimerization properties of a nuclear receptor and suggest a novel mechanism that allows mGCNF to modulate target gene activity. ..
- Klaes R, Kloor M, Willeke F, Melsheimer P, von Knebel Doeberitz M, Ridder R. Significant increase of a specific variant TSG101 transcript during the progression of cervical neoplasia. Eur J Cancer. 1999;35:733-7 pubmed..The relative amounts of variant transcripts do not support a major functional role of TSG101 variants in cervical carcinogenesis. ..
- Shintani S, Terzic J, Sato A, Saraga Babic M, O hUigin C, Tichy H, et al. Do lampreys have lymphocytes? The Spi evidence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7417-22 pubmed..The lamprey gene is expressed in the lymphocyte-like cells of the digestive tract and inexplicably also in the ovary. ..
- Akcetin Z, Pregla R, Darmer D, Bromme H, Holtz J. During ischemia-reperfusion in rat kidneys, heat shock response is not regulated by expressional changes of heat shock factor 1. Transpl Int. 2000;13:297-302 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that during ischemia-reperfusion in rat kidneys, the heat shock response is regulated by other means than expressional changes of HSF1. ..
- Eggers J, Stock M, Fliegauf M, Vonderstrass B, Otto F. Genomic characterization of the RUNX2 gene of Fugu rubripes. Gene. 2002;291:159-67 pubmed..Three further conserved non-coding regions were identified possibly functioning as enhancer elements for tissue-specific expression of RUNX2...
- von Knethen A, Brüne B. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma by nitric oxide in monocytes/macrophages down-regulates p47phox and attenuates the respiratory burst. J Immunol. 2002;169:2619-26 pubmed..We conclude that NO participates in controlling the pro- vs anti-inflammatory phenotype of macrophages by modulating PPARgamma. ..
- Egener T, Sarkar A, Martin D, Reinhold Hurek B. Identification of a NifL-like protein in a diazotroph of the beta-subgroup of the Proteobacteria, Azoarcus sp. strain BH72. Microbiology. 2002;148:3203-12 pubmed..strain BH72 has a similar role in inactivating NifA in response to O(2) and combined nitrogen as NifL in bacteria of the gamma-PROTEOBACTERIA:..
- Yang X, Albrecht U, Zakowski V, Sobota R, Haussinger D, Heinrich P, et al. Dual function of interleukin-1beta for the regulation of interleukin-6-induced suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45279-89 pubmed
- Schilling O, Vogel A, Kostelecky B, Natal da Luz H, Spemann D, Späth B, et al. Zinc- and iron-dependent cytosolic metallo-beta-lactamase domain proteins exhibit similar zinc-binding affinities, independent of an atypical glutamate at the metal-binding site. Biochem J. 2005;385:145-53 pubmed
- Kaspar M, Klein T. Functional analysis of murine CBF1 during Drosophila development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:918-27 pubmed..Our results, therefore, indicate that CBF1 can exert these functions also in its normal context, that is during mammalian development. ..
- Takada S, Jurgens G. Transcriptional regulation of epidermal cell fate in the Arabidopsis embryo. Development. 2007;134:1141-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression patterns associated with cell fate determination in the plant embryo result from positional signals targeting different regulatory sequences in complex promoters. ..
- Stefan N, Thamer C, Staiger H, Machicao F, Machann J, Schick F, et al. Genetic variations in PPARD and PPARGC1A determine mitochondrial function and change in aerobic physical fitness and insulin sensitivity during lifestyle intervention. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:1827-33 pubmed
- Asmus F, Devlin A, Munz M, Zimprich A, Gasser T, Chinnery P. Clinical differentiation of genetically proven benign hereditary chorea and myoclonus-dystonia. Mov Disord. 2007;22:2104-9 pubmed..TITF-1 mutations should be considered in choreiform movement disorders with onset in infancy even in the presence of dystonia and myoclonic jerks...
- Marx A, Willcox N, Leite M, Chuang W, Schalke B, Nix W, et al. Thymoma and paraneoplastic myasthenia gravis. Autoimmunity. 2010;43:413-27 pubmed publisher..There must be further clues in the intriguing serological and cellular parallels in some patients with late-onset MG but without thymomas-and in others with AIRE mutations-and in the contrasts with early-onset MG, as discussed here...
- Zhao Z, Andersen S, Ljung K, Dolezal K, Miotk A, Schultheiss S, et al. Hormonal control of the shoot stem-cell niche. Nature. 2010;465:1089-92 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanistic framework for hormonal control of the apical stem-cell niche and demonstrate how root and shoot stem-cell systems differ in their response to phytohormones. ..
- Auchter M, Cramer A, Hüser A, Ruckert C, Emer D, Schwarz P, et al. RamA and RamB are global transcriptional regulators in Corynebacterium glutamicum and control genes for enzymes of the central metabolism. J Biotechnol. 2011;154:126-39 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present evidence for an important role of RamA and RamB in global gene expression control in C. glutamicum. ..
- Scherneck S, Vogel H, Nestler M, Kluge R, Schurmann A, Joost H. Role of zinc finger transcription factor zfp69 in body fat storage and diabetes susceptibility of mice. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2010;52:57-68 pubmed publisher..Consistent with the mouse data, mRNA-expression was significantly higher in diabetic subjects than in unaffected controls. ..
- Noack C, Zafiriou M, Schaeffer H, Renger A, Pavlova E, Dietz R, et al. Krueppel-like factor 15 regulates Wnt/?-catenin transcription and controls cardiac progenitor cell fate in the postnatal heart. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:992-1007 pubmed publisher..This knowledge may provide a tool for reactivation of this apparently dormant CPC population in the adult heart and thus be an attractive approach to enhance endogenous cardiac repair. ..
- Zohren F, Souroullas G, Luo M, Gerdemann U, Imperato M, Wilson N, et al. The transcription factor Lyl-1 regulates lymphoid specification and the maintenance of early T lineage progenitors. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:761-9 pubmed publisher..We identified Gfi1 as a critical transcriptional target of Lyl-1-mediated lymphopoiesis of T cells. Thus, Lyl-1 is a pivotal component of a transcriptional program that controls the lymphoid specification and maintenance of ETPs. ..
- French J, Johnatty S, Lu Y, Beesley J, Gao B, Kalimutho M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in an enhancer of PSIP1 are associated with progression-free survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6353-68 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the minor allele of rs7874043 confers poor PFS by increasing PSIP1 expression. ..
- Schnittger S, Rao V, Deutsch U, Gruss P, Balling R, Hansmann I. Pax1, a member of the paired box-containing class of developmental control genes, is mapped to human chromosome 20p11.2 by in situ hybridization (ISH and FISH). Genomics. 1992;14:740-4 pubmed
- Riechmann V, Sablitzky F. Mutually exclusive expression of two dominant-negative helix-loop-helix (dnHLH) genes, Id4 and Id3, in the developing brain of the mouse suggests distinct regulatory roles of these dnHLH proteins during cellular proliferation and differentiation of t. Cell Growth Differ. 1995;6:837-43 pubmed..Within the detection limits of in situ hybridization, Id4 and Id3 expression is mutually exclusive in neural precursor cells of the developing brain, suggesting distinct regulatory functions for these dnHLH proteins during neurogenesis. ..
- Tschiersch B, Hofmann A, Krauss V, Dorn R, Korge G, Reuter G. The protein encoded by the Drosophila position-effect variegation suppressor gene Su(var)3-9 combines domains of antagonistic regulators of homeotic gene complexes. EMBO J. 1994;13:3822-31 pubmed
- Lukowitz W, Schroder C, Glaser G, Hulskamp M, Tautz D. Regulatory and coding regions of the segmentation gene hunchback are functionally conserved between Drosophila virilis and Drosophila melanogaster. Mech Dev. 1994;45:105-15 pubmed..Some of these contain consensus binding sites for transregulatory factors that are likely to control the respective expression domains...
- Sudbeck P, Schmitz M, Baeuerle P, Scherer G. Sex reversal by loss of the C-terminal transactivation domain of human SOX9. Nat Genet. 1996;13:230-2 pubmed