Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Brazil
Topic: transcription factors
- Mendes G, Reis P, Calil I, Carvalho H, Aragão F, Fontes E. GmNAC30 and GmNAC81 integrate the endoplasmic reticulum stress- and osmotic stress-induced cell death responses through a vacuolar processing enzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19627-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that the stress-induced GmNAC30 cooperates with GmNAC81 to activate PCD through the induction of the cell death executioner VPE. ..
- Mudadu M, Porto Neto L, Mokry F, Tizioto P, Oliveira P, Tullio R, et al. Genomic structure and marker-derived gene networks for growth and meat quality traits of Brazilian Nelore beef cattle. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:235 pubmed publisher..The gene networks constructed from the AWM/PCIT methodology were a useful alternative in characterizing genes and gene networks that were allegedly influential in growth and meat quality traits in Nelore cattle. ..
- Silveira L, de Mátos F, Pontes Arruda A, Picanco Diniz C, Muniz J. Late development of Zif268 ocular dominance columns in primary visual cortex of primates. Brain Res. 1996;732:237-41 pubmed..These results suggest that Zif268 ocular dominance columns establish late during normal primate visual system development, and that some degree of visual plasticity is still present at this age in the Cebus monkey. ..
- Gadelha A, Coleman J, Breen G, Mazzoti D, Yonamine C, Pellegrino R, et al. Genome-wide investigation of schizophrenia associated plasma Ndel1 enzyme activity. Schizophr Res. 2016;172:60-7 pubmed publisher..ZFPM2 and MAD1L1 were the only two genes with more than one hit at 10(-6) order of p value. Therefore, Ndel1 enzyme activity is a complex trait influenced by many different genetic variants that may contribute to SCZ physiopathology. ..
- Nascimento F, Cardoso M, Lindsey S, Kunii I, Valente F, Kizys M, et al. Analysis of somatic mutations in BRAF, CDKN2A/p16 and PI3KCA in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1653-60 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required in order to clarify the contribution of the polymorphisms identified in the 3'UTR of CDKN2A in MTC. ..
- Calegari V, Zoppi C, Rezende L, Silveira L, Carneiro E, Boschero A. Endurance training activates AMP-activated protein kinase, increases expression of uncoupling protein 2 and reduces insulin secretion from rat pancreatic islets. J Endocrinol. 2011;208:257-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, chronic endurance exercise induces adaptations in ?-cells leading to a reduction in GIIS, probably by activating the AMPK signaling pathway. ..
- Silva J, Tanabe F, Moreira T, Takakura A. Neuroanatomical and physiological evidence that the retrotrapezoid nucleus/parafacial region regulates expiration in adult rats. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;227:9-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results support the presence of direct excitatory projections from RTN/pFRG neurons to cVRG expiratory premotor neurons, playing a role in the generation/modulation of AE. ..
- Melo M, Marui S, Carvalho L, Arnhold I, Leite C, Mendonca B, et al. Hormonal, pituitary magnetic resonance, LHX4 and HESX1 evaluation in patients with hypopituitarism and ectopic posterior pituitary lobe. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;66:95-102 pubmed
- Vendramini Costa D, Carvalho J. Molecular link mechanisms between inflammation and cancer. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:3831-52 pubmed
- Ghiraldini F, Crispim A, Mello M. Effects of hyperglycemia and aging on nuclear sirtuins and DNA damage of mouse hepatocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2467-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore understanding the regulation of epigenetic factors in diabetes and aging is crucial for the development of new therapeutic approaches that could prevent diseases and improve quality of life. ..
- Cheroki C, Krepischi Santos A, Szuhai K, Brenner V, Kim C, Otto P, et al. Genomic imbalances associated with mullerian aplasia. J Med Genet. 2008;45:228-32 pubmed..A number of different syndromes have been associated with MA, and in most cases its aetiology remains poorly understood...
- Guimarães B, Barbosa R, Soprano A, Campos B, de Souza T, Tonoli C, et al. Plant pathogenic bacteria utilize biofilm growth-associated repressor (BigR), a novel winged-helix redox switch, to control hydrogen sulfide detoxification under hypoxia. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26148-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BigR integrates the transcriptional regulation of a sulfur oxidation pathway to an oxidative signal through a thiol-based redox switch. ..
- Brustolini O, Fietto L, Cruz C, Passos F. Computational analysis of the interaction between transcription factors and the predicted secreted proteome of the yeast Kluyveromyces lactis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:194 pubmed publisher..To this end, we predicted protein subcellular locations and correlated the resulting extracellular secretome with the transcription factors that modulate the cellular response to a particular environmental stimulus...
- Veiga F, Graus Nunes F, Rachid T, Barreto A, Mandarim de Lacerda C, Souza Mello V. Anti-obesogenic effects of WY14643 (PPAR-alpha agonist): Hepatic mitochondrial enhancement and suppressed lipogenic pathway in diet-induced obese mice. Biochimie. 2017;140:106-116 pubmed publisher..PPAR-alpha activation reduced BM and treated insulin resistance (IR) and NAFLD by increasing the number of mitochondria and reducing hepatic gluconeogenesis and de novo lipogenesis protein and gene expressions in a murine obesity model. ..
- Mazzé F, Degrève L. The role of viral and cellular proteins in the budding of human immunodeficiency virus. Acta Virol. 2006;50:75-85 pubmed..Molecular mechanisms underlying the process of HIV budding from infected cells suggests a whole new range of drug targets that could prove useful in AIDS suppression in HIV-positive patients. ..
- Pianovski M, Cavalli L, Figueiredo B, Santos S, Doghman M, Ribeiro R, et al. SF-1 overexpression in childhood adrenocortical tumours. Eur J Cancer. 2006;42:1040-3 pubmed..This data show that SF-1 overexpression is widespread in childhood ACT and is likely to play a role in its pathogenesis...
- Machado C, de Oliveira R, Boiteux S, Praekelt U, Meacock P, Menck C. Thi1, a thiamine biosynthetic gene in Arabidopsis thaliana, complements bacterial defects in DNA repair. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;31:585-93 pubmed..Thus, the cloned gene, named thi1, is likely to function in the biosynthesis of thiamine in plants. The data presented in this work indicate that thi1 may also be involved in DNA damage tolerance in plant cells. ..
- Nascimento S, de Mello M, Batista J, Balarin M, Lopes V. Clinical findings in four Brazilian families affected by Saethre-Chotzen syndrome without TWIST mutations. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2004;41:250-5 pubmed..To analyze the dysmorphological variability and to investigate the presence of mutations in the exon 1 of TWIST gene using direct sequencing in Brazilian families presenting with Saethre-Chotzen Syndrome (SCS)...
- Barchuk A, Maleszka R, Sim es Z. Apis mellifera ultraspiracle: cDNA sequence and rapid up-regulation by juvenile hormone. Insect Mol Biol. 2004;13:459-67 pubmed publisher..These characteristics and the rapid up-regulation by JH suggest that some of the USP functions in the honey bee may depend on ligand binding...
- Figueiredo B, Cavalli L, Pianovski M, Lalli E, Sandrini R, Ribeiro R, et al. Amplification of the steroidogenic factor 1 gene in childhood adrenocortical tumors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:615-9 pubmed..We detected increased copy number of the SF-1 gene in all eight cases with 9q gain, suggesting an association between an increased copy number of the SF-1 gene and adrenocortical tumorigenesis. ..
- Pereira D, Tufik S, Louzada F, Benedito Silva A, Lopez A, Lemos N, et al. Association of the length polymorphism in the human Per3 gene with the delayed sleep-phase syndrome: does latitude have an influence upon it?. Sleep. 2005;28:29-32 pubmed..Our results suggest that latitude has a role in the influence of hPer3 gene polymorphism on delayed sleep-phase syndrome and confirm previous data showing its association with morningness-eveningness tendencies. ..
- Agnez Lima L, Di Mascio P, Demple B, Menck C. Singlet molecular oxygen triggers the soxRS regulon of Escherichia coli. Biol Chem. 2001;382:1071-5 pubmed..These data imply that protective responses, such as induction of the soxRS regulon, may be triggered by diverse environmental oxidative stresses, and that 1O2 may also function as a signal molecule in prokaryotes. ..
- Mendonca B, Osorio M, Latronico A, Estefan V, Lo L, Arnhold I. Longitudinal hormonal and pituitary imaging changes in two females with combined pituitary hormone deficiency due to deletion of A301,G302 in the PROP1 gene. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:942-5 pubmed
- Domenice S, Yumie Nishi M, Correia Billerbeck A, Latronico A, Aparecida Medeiros M, Russell A, et al. A novel missense mutation (S18N) in the 5' non-HMG box region of the SRY gene in a patient with partial gonadal dysgenesis and his normal male relatives. Hum Genet. 1998;102:213-5 pubmed..We identified a novel familial missense mutation (S18N) in the 5' non-HMG box of the SRY gene in 1 of 21 patients with 46,XY sex reversal...
- Asad L, Asad N, Silva A, Felzenszwalb I, Leitao A. Hydrogen peroxide induces protection against N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG) effects in Escherichia coli. Mutat Res. 1997;383:137-42 pubmed..This cross-adaptive response may be due to a modification of the MNNG alkylation pattern in the oxidized DNA. ..
- da Silva Santos Duarte A, Sales T, Mengel J, Costa F, Saad S. Progesterone upregulates GATA-1 on erythroid progenitors cells in liquid culture. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2002;29:213-24 pubmed..Interactions of the steroid receptors with the basal transcriptional machinery and with transcription factors might mediate their transcriptional effects. ..
- Gil da Silva Lopes V, Guion Almeida M, de Oliveira Rodini E. Blepharocheilodontic (BCD) syndrome: expanding the phenotype?. Am J Med Genet A. 2003;121A:266-70 pubmed..The broadened phenotype and the possibility of involvement of p63 and IRF6 genes in this condition are discussed...
- De Souza C, Gasparetti A, Pereira Da Silva M, Araujo E, Carvalheira J, Saad M, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1-dependent uncoupling protein-2 expression in pancreatic islets of rats: a novel pathway for neural control of insulin secretion. Diabetologia. 2003;46:1522-31 pubmed..Increased UCP-2 expression under these conditions could reduce the beta-cell ATP/ADP ratio and negatively regulate insulin secretion. ..
- Yochiy A, Britto L, Hunziker M. Novelty, but not operant aversive learning, enhances Fos and Egr-1 expression in the medial prefrontal cortex and hippocampal areas of rats. Behav Neurosci. 2012;126:826-34 pubmed publisher..Novelty, and not the operant aversive escape learning, seems to have generated IEG induction. The results suggest novel stimuli as a possible confounding factor in studies on Fos and/or Egr-1 expression in aversive conditions. ..
- Pita R, Ramos A, Lopes P, Guimaraes S, Rothschild M. Assignment of the porcine peptide YY gene to chromosome 12. Anim Genet. 2003;34:469 pubmed
- Vincentz M, Leite A, Neshich G, Vriend G, Mattar C, Barros L, et al. ACGT and vicilin core sequences in a promoter domain required for seed-specific expression of a 2S storage protein gene are recognized by the opaque-2 regulatory protein. Plant Mol Biol. 1997;34:879-89 pubmed..Thus, these sites may be in vivo regulatory sequences mediating activation by bZIP regulatory proteins. ..
- Oliveira M, Aquino B, Bonatto A, Huergo L, Chubatsu L, Pedrosa F, et al. Interaction of GlnK with the GAF domain of Herbaspirillum seropedicae NifA mediates NH??-regulation. Biochimie. 2012;94:1041-7 pubmed publisher..seropedicae NifA. In addition, protein footprinting analysis indicates that this response probably involves a protein-protein contact between the GAF domain and the GlnK protein...
- Marinho R, Ropelle E, Cintra D, De Souza C, Da Silva A, Bertoli F, et al. Endurance exercise training increases APPL1 expression and improves insulin signaling in the hepatic tissue of diet-induced obese mice, independently of weight loss. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2917-26 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that exercise increases insulin action, at least in part, through the enhancement of APPL1 and the reduction of TRB3 expression in the liver of obese mice, independently of weight loss. ..
- Calegari V, Alves M, Picardi P, Inoue R, Franchini K, Saad M, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 Provides a novel interface in the cross-talk between angiotensin II and insulin signaling systems. Endocrinology. 2005;146:579-88 pubmed..Thus, SOCS-3 participates, as a late event, in the negative cross-talk between angiotensin II and insulin, producing an inhibitory effect on insulin-induced glucose transporter-4 translocation. ..
- Morari J, Torsoni A, Anhê G, Roman E, Cintra D, Ward L, et al. The role of proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha in the fatty-acid-dependent transcriptional control of interleukin-10 in hepatic cells of rodents. Metabolism. 2010;59:215-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, PGC-1alpha emerges as a potential transcriptional regulator of the inflammatory phenomenon taking place in the steatotic liver. ..
- Roman E, Reis D, Romanatto T, Maimoni D, Ferreira E, Santos G, et al. Central leptin action improves skeletal muscle AKT, AMPK, and PGC1 alpha activation by hypothalamic PI3K-dependent mechanism. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;314:62-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, a defective leptin signalling PI3K pathway in the hypothalamus may contribute to peripheral resistance to insulin associated to diet-induced obesity. ..
- Silva J, Giannocco G, Furuya D, Lima G, Moraes P, Nachef S, et al. NF-kappaB, MEF2A, MEF2D and HIF1-a involvement on insulin- and contraction-induced regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in soleus muscle. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;240:82-93 pubmed..Concluding, insulin- and contraction-induced regulation of GLUT4 expression involves distinct transcriptional factors. ..
- Oliveira R, Ueno M, De Souza C, Pereira da Silva M, Gasparetti A, Bezzera R, et al. Cold-induced PGC-1alpha expression modulates muscle glucose uptake through an insulin receptor/Akt-independent, AMPK-dependent pathway. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E686-95 pubmed
- Ropelle E, Pauli J, Cintra D, Frederico M, De Pinho R, Velloso L, et al. Acute exercise modulates the Foxo1/PGC-1alpha pathway in the liver of diet-induced obesity rats. J Physiol. 2009;587:2069-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results provide new insights into the mechanism by which exercise could improve fasting hyperglycaemia. ..
- Sonobe M, Bravo R, Armelin M. Imbalanced expression of cellular nuclear oncogenes caused by v-sis/PDGF-2. Oncogene. 1991;6:1531-7 pubmed
- de Medeiros R, Figueiredo J, Resende R, De Avila A. Expression of a viral polymerase-bound host factor turns human cell lines permissive to a plant- and insect-infecting virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1175-80 pubmed
- Demasi A, Pereira G, Netto L. Yeast oxidative stress response. Influences of cytosolic thioredoxin peroxidase I and of the mitochondrial functional state. FEBS J. 2006;273:805-16 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that cTPxI is specifically important in the protection of yeast with mitochondrial dysfunction due to its functional versatility as an antioxidant, chaperone and modulator of gene expression. ..
- Cella W, de Vasconcellos J, de Melo M, Kneipp B, Costa F, Longui C, et al. Structural assessment of PITX2, FOXC1, CYP1B1, and GJA1 genes in patients with Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome with developmental glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:1803-9 pubmed..A polymorphism in the GJA1 gene (Ala253Val), for the first time identified in association with AR, raises the possibility of its participation as a modifier gene. ..
- Sobral L, Coletta R, Alberici L, Curti C, Leopoldino A. SET/I2PP2A overexpression induces phenotypic, molecular, and metabolic alterations in an oral keratinocyte cell line. FEBS J. 2017;284:2774-2785 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results show that SEToverexpression promotes morphological and oncogenic cell transformation of an oral keratinocyte cell. ..
- Machado C, Praekelt U, de Oliveira R, Barbosa A, Byrne K, Meacock P, et al. Dual role for the yeast THI4 gene in thiamine biosynthesis and DNA damage tolerance. J Mol Biol. 1997;273:114-21 pubmed..Thus, Thi4 and its plant homolog appear to be dual functional proteins with roles in thiamine biosynthesis and mitochondrial DNA damage tolerance. ..
- Kobarg C, Kobarg J, Crosara Alberto D, Theizen T, Franchini K. MEF2C DNA-binding activity is inhibited through its interaction with the regulatory protein Ki-1/57. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2615-22 pubmed..Ki-1/57 also exerts an inhibitory effect upon MEF2C DNA binding activity. These results suggest that Ki-1/57 is a new interacting partner of MEF2 protein and may be involved in the regulation of MEF2 at the onset of hypertrophy. ..
- Maciel Guerra A, de Mello M, Coeli F, Ribeiro M, Miranda M, Marques de Faria A, et al. XX Maleness and XX true hermaphroditism in SRY-negative monozygotic twins: additional evidence for a common origin. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:339-43 pubmed..Neither DAX-1 mutations nor SOX9 duplication was identified. This case provides evidence that both XX maleness and XX OT-DSD are different manifestations of the same disorder of gonadal development. ..
- Calegari V, Bezerra R, Torsoni M, Torsoni A, Franchini K, Saad M, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 is induced by angiotensin II in heart and isolated cardiomyocytes, and participates in desensitization. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4586-96 pubmed..Thus, SOCS3 is induced by Ang II in rat heart and neonatal rat ventricular myocytes and participates in the modulation of the signal generated by this hormone. ..
- Monteiro G, Netto L. Glucose repression of PRX1 expression is mediated by Tor1p and Ras2p through inhibition of Msn2/4p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;241:221-8 pubmed..Mutation of AGGGG sequence at position -116 to -112 caused a high drop in PRX1 expression under respiratory conditions and in strains containing deletions of TOR1 or RAS2, confirming the finding that this sequence is a STRE. ..
- Mimura L, Villares S, Monteiro M, Guazzelli I, Bloise W. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene expression in orbital adipose/connective tissues is increased during the active stage of Graves' ophthalmopathy. Thyroid. 2003;13:845-50 pubmed..We speculate that the increased orbital fat tissue observed in GO may be a consequence of the anti-inflammatory PPAR-gamma action. ..
- Machado A, da Silva T, Frade Costa E, Dos Santos M, Nishi M, Brito V, et al. Absence of inactivating mutations and deletions in the DMRT1 and FGF9 genes in a large cohort of 46,XY patients with gonadal dysgenesis. Eur J Med Genet. 2012;55:690-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that neither DMRT1 nor FGF9 abnormalities are frequently involved in dysgenetic male gonad development in patients with non-syndromic 46,XY disorder of sex development. ..
- Cerutti J, Delcelo R, Amadei M, Nakabashi C, Maciel R, Peterson B, et al. A preoperative diagnostic test that distinguishes benign from malignant thyroid carcinoma based on gene expression. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:1234-42 pubmed..76; 95% confidence interval, [0.59, 0.93]). A simple test based on a combination of these markers might improve preoperative diagnosis of thyroid nodules, allowing better treatment decisions and reducing long-term health costs...
- Carneiro F, Silva T, Alves A, Haline Vaz T, Gozzo F, Zanchin N. Spectroscopic characterization of the tumor antigen NY-REN-21 and identification of heterodimer formation with SCAND1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:260-8 pubmed..This result indicates that NY-REN-21 can function either as a homodimer or as a heterodimer with SCAND1. ..