Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on trachea in Taiwan
- Hsu L, Liu C, Lin C, Yen K, Chan K. Self-expandable metallic tracheobronchial stent insertion and endobronchial electrocautery with flexible bronchoscopy: preliminary results at a cancer center. J Formos Med Assoc. 2002;101:399-405 pubmed..Their application in a 180-bed cancer center is described...
- Soong W, Tsao P, Lee Y, Yang C. Therapeutic flexible airway endoscopy of small children in a tertiary referral center-11 years' experience. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183078 pubmed publisher..It has resulted in rapid weaning of respiratory supports and averted more invasive rigid endoscopy or airway surgeries. ..
- Chiang H, Wang C, Tsou T. Differential distribution of CYP2A6 and CYP2A13 in the human respiratory tract. Respiration. 2012;84:319-26 pubmed..The differential distribution patterns of CYP2A6 and CYP2A13 in the respiratory tract are of importance in considering the pulmonary susceptibility to carcinogens and the following lung cancer development. ..
- Chu W, Lee Y, Henry Sun Y. FGF /FGFR signal induces trachea extension in the drosophila visual system. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73878 pubmed publisher..Our work is the first systematic study of the tracheal development in the visual system, and also the first study demonstrating the interactions of two well-studied systems: the eye and trachea. ..
- Lin S, Tzeng B, Lee K, Smith R, Campbell K, Chen C. Cav3.2 T-type calcium channel is required for the NFAT-dependent Sox9 expression in tracheal cartilage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E1990-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a previously unidentified mechanism that Ca(2+) influx via the Cav3.2 T-type Ca(2+) channel regulates Sox9 expression through the calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathway during tracheal chondrogenesis. ..
- Ko W, Wang H, Lei C, Shih C, Chung M, Lin C. Mechanisms of relaxant action of 3-O-methylquercetin in isolated guinea pig trachea. Planta Med. 2002;68:30-5 pubmed..3-MQ:3-O-methylquercetinIBMX:3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthineVDCCs:voltage dependent calcium channelscAMP:adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphatecGMP:guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphatePDE:phosphodiesterase..
- Chou H, Tseng W, Wang C, Ma M, Wang H, Huang P, et al. Tracheal rapid ultrasound exam (T.R.U.E.) for confirming endotracheal tube placement during emergency intubation. Resuscitation. 2011;82:1279-84 pubmed publisher..0%). The median operating time of the T.R.U.E. was 9.0s (interquartile range [IQR]: 6.0, 14.0). The application of the T.R.U.E. to examine endotracheal tube placement during emergency intubation is feasible, and can be rapidly performed. ..
- Lee Y, Hung M, Liu L, Chang K, Chou T, Wang Y, et al. The roles of transforming growth factor-?? and vascular endothelial growth factor in the tracheal granulation formation. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2011;24:23-31 pubmed publisher..Targeting these mediators and cells may help to prevent the formation of granulation tissue in long-term tracheostomy or prolonged endotracheal intubation patients. ..
- Huang S, Wu E, Wang C, Chen C, Chen C, Chen S, et al. Repair of complex tracheobronchial stenosis with left pulmonary artery sling and bridging bronchus. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;90:1379-81 pubmed publisher..His condition was successfully repaired using the combination of slide tracheoplasty and tracheal autograft techniques. ..
- Yang C, Jeng M, Soong W, Lee Y, Tsao P, Tang R. Acute pathophysiological effects of intratracheal instillation of budesonide and exogenous surfactant in a neonatal surfactant-depleted piglet model. Pediatr neonatol. 2010;51:219-26 pubmed publisher..The combined use of intratracheal corticosteroids and surfactant may not only recruit the lungs, but also alleviate pulmonary inflammation in severe RDS...
- Chen K, Lee S, Ko T, Wang K, Chang Y. Tracheal ring fracture as a consequence of external laryngeal manipulation during endotracheal intubation. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2009;47:103-5 pubmed publisher..After review of her clinical history, we speculated that the tracheal ring fracture was caused by forced external compression of the tracheal cartilage during endotracheal intubation. ..
- Lee K, Ho S, Lin H, Lin S, Liu C, Huang C, et al. Neutrophil-derived elastase induces TGF-beta1 secretion in human airway smooth muscle via NF-kappaB pathway. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:407-14 pubmed..These data suggest that NE upregulates TGF-beta1 gene expression and release via My88/IRAK/NF-kappaB pathway, possibly through activation of TLR4, and shed light on a potential role of neutrophils in the pathogenesis of asthma. ..
- Mardini S, Chen H, Salgado C, Hsu C, Chen K, Feng G. Bowel preparation before microvascular free colon transfer for head and neck reconstruction: is it necessary?. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004;113:1916-22 pubmed
- Huang C, Chen H, Wang C, Chou C, Lin S, Lin H, et al. Human neutrophil-derived elastase induces airway smooth muscle cell proliferation. Life Sci. 2004;74:2479-92 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that HNE is mitogenic for ASM cells by increasing cyclin D1 activity through ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Shih S, Lee Y, Lin S, Sheu C, Blickman J. Airway changes in children with mucopolysaccharidoses. Acta Radiol. 2002;43:40-3 pubmed..To assess the CT findings of the airway in children with mucopolysaccharidoses (MPS)...