Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on toxicity tests in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: toxicity tests
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Boverhof D, Chamberlain M, Elcombe C, Gonzalez F, Heflich R, Hernandez L, et al. Transgenic animal models in toxicology: historical perspectives and future outlook. Toxicol Sci. 2011;121:207-33 pubmed publisher..Perspectives are also shared on the future outlook for these models in toxicology and risk assessment and how transgenic technologies are likely to be an integral tool for toxicity testing in the 21st century. ..
- Klopman G, Chakravarti S, Zhu H, Ivanov J, Saiakhov R. ESP: a method to predict toxicity and pharmacological properties of chemicals using multiple MCASE databases. J Chem Inf Comput Sci. 2004;44:704-15 pubmed..The effectiveness of ESP is illustrated in the prediction of general carcinogenicity of a diverse set of chemicals using MCASE male/female rats and mice carcinogenicity modules. ..
- Olmstead A, Lindberg Livingston A, Degitz S. Genotyping sex in the amphibian, Xenopus (Silurana) tropicalis, for endocrine disruptor bioassays. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:60-6 pubmed publisher..This approach to identifying sex-linked markers and developing sex genotyping methods is applicable to other species with genetic sex determination. ..
- Piehl M, Carathers M, Soda R, Cerven D, DEGEORGE G. Porcine Corneal Ocular Reversibility Assay (PorCORA) predicts ocular damage and recovery for global regulatory agency hazard categories. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011;25:1912-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that PorCORA could help discriminate between EU R36 and R41, GHS Categories 1 and 2, and EPA Categories I and II. ..
- Schardein J, Birch R, Hesley R, Thorsrud B. Multigeneration reproductive study of hydroxyprogesterone caproate (HPC) in the rat: laboratory results and clinical significance. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2012;95:160-74 pubmed publisher..This study supports the absence of reproductive toxicity with HPC in published studies in animal models and in human clinical trials. ..
- Rager J, Strynar M, Liang S, McMahen R, Richard A, Grulke C, et al. Linking high resolution mass spectrometry data with exposure and toxicity forecasts to advance high-throughput environmental monitoring. Environ Int. 2016;88:269-280 pubmed publisher..The methods described here rely on strategic integration of available public resources and should be considered in future non-targeted and suspect screening assessments of environmental and biological media. ..
- Talent L, Dumont J, Bantle J, Janz D, Talent S. Evaluation of western fence lizards (Sceloporus occidentalis) and eastern fence lizards (Sceloporus undulatus) as laboratory reptile models for toxicological investigations. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2002;21:899-905 pubmed..Therefore, embryonic fence lizards may be useful for studying the effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals. ..
- Bedaiwy M, Falcone T, Goldberg J, Attaran M, Sharma R, Miller K, et al. Relationship between cytokines and the embryotoxicity of hydrosalpingeal fluid. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2005;22:161-5 pubmed..53; p < 0.04). We demonstrated for the first time the presence of IL-1beta, IL-8, IL-6 and TNF-alpha and the absence of IL-13 in human hydrosalpingeal fluid. IL-6 was positively related to the BDR. ..
- Talbot P, LIN S. Mouse and human embryonic stem cells: can they improve human health by preventing disease?. Curr Top Med Chem. 2011;11:1638-52 pubmed
- Harrill A, Eaddy J, Rose K, Cullen J, Ramanathan L, Wanaski S, et al. Liver biomarker and in vitro assessment confirm the hepatic origin of aminotransferase elevations lacking histopathological correlate in beagle dogs treated with GABAA receptor antagonist NP260. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:131-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data indicate that a diagnostic biomarker approach, coupled with sensitive in vitro screening strategies, may facilitate interpretation of toxicity potential when an adaptive event masks the underlying toxicity. ..
- Marty M, Johnson K, Carney E. Effect of feed restriction on Hershberger and pubertal male assay endpoints. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2003;68:363-74 pubmed..Minimally, caution must be used in interpreting assay results in the presence of a 10% body weight change, recognizing the possible confounding effects of this degree of growth suppression. ..
- Weiner J, DeLorenzo M, Fulton M. Relationship between uptake capacity and differential toxicity of the herbicide atrazine in selected microalgal species. Aquat Toxicol. 2004;68:121-8 pubmed..This species and others may have mechanisms to compensate for atrazine stress that make predicting responses of microalgal communities difficult. ..
- Nichols J, Breen M, Denver R, DiStefano J, Edwards J, Hoke R, et al. Predicting chemical impacts on vertebrate endocrine systems. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2011;30:39-51 pubmed publisher..S. Environmental Protection Agency's Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program could be used to assess the potential for accommodation and recovery and inform the development of mechanistically based models. ..
- Warheit D, Webb T, Reed K. Pulmonary toxicity screening studies in male rats with M5 respirable fibers and particulates. Inhal Toxicol. 2007;19:951-63 pubmed..Thus, based on the results of this study, we would expect that inhaled M5 respirable fibers have a low risk potential for producing adverse pulmonary effects. ..
- Dasgupta S, DiGiulio R, Drollette B, L Plata D, Brownawell B, McElroy A. Hypoxia depresses CYP1A induction and enhances DNA damage, but has minimal effects on antioxidant responses in sheepshead minnow (Cyprinodon variegatus) larvae exposed to dispersed crude oil. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:250-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of considering hypoxia as an enhanced risk factor in assessing the effects of contaminants in areas where seasonal hypoxia may be prevalent. ..
- Haley P. Species differences in the structure and function of the immune system. Toxicology. 2003;188:49-71 pubmed..This review is an exploration of various species differences in the structure and function of the immune system and an attempt to identify those differences that may be important in the conduct of immunotoxicity tests. ..
- Degitz S, Holcombe G, Flynn K, Kosian P, Korte J, Tietge J. Progress towards development of an amphibian-based thyroid screening assay using Xenopus laevis. Organismal and thyroidal responses to the model compounds 6-propylthiouracil, methimazole, and thyroxine. Toxicol Sci. 2005;87:353-64 pubmed..These results indicate that tadpoles in the early stages of metamorphosis are sensitive to thyroid axis disruption and that development of a short-term, diagnostic amphibian-based thyroid screening assay shows considerable promise. ..
- Ciaravi V, McCullough T, Dayan A. Pharmacokinetic and toxicology assessment of INTERCEPT (S-59 and UVA treated) platelets. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2001;20:533-50 pubmed..Thus, the results of an extensive series of in vitro and in vivo studies have not demonstrated any toxicologically relevant effects of platelet concentrates prepared by the INTERCEPT system. ..
- Kaluzhny Y, Kandárová H, Hayden P, Kubilus J, d Argembeau Thornton L, Klausner M. Development of the EpiOcular(TM) eye irritation test for hazard identification and labelling of eye irritating chemicals in response to the requirements of the EU cosmetics directive and REACH legislation. Altern Lab Anim. 2011;39:339-64 pubmed
- Hobson D, Roberts S, Shvedova A, Warheit D, Hinkley G, Guy R. Applied Nanotoxicology. Int J Toxicol. 2016;35:5-16 pubmed publisher..This symposium overview article summarizes 5 talks that were presented at the 35th Annual meeting of the American College of Toxicology on the subject of "Applied Nanotechnology." ..
- Haugabook S, Yager D, Eckman E, Golde T, Younkin S, Eckman C. High throughput screens for the identification of compounds that alter the accumulation of the Alzheimer's amyloid beta peptide (Abeta). J Neurosci Methods. 2001;108:171-9 pubmed..If compounds such as these can be identified that lower Abeta in the brain, they may represent one of the fastest and most cost effective methods to therapy. ..
- Hwang H, Balarezo A, Jones V, Yu H. Effect of river humic acid on 1-aminopyrene ecotoxicity in a dynamic solar photolysis process. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2004;72:1059-66 pubmed
- Hoke R, Ferrell B, Sloman T, Buck R, Buxton L. Aquatic hazard, bioaccumulation and screening risk assessment for ammonium 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoro-2-(heptafluoropropoxy)-propanoate. Chemosphere. 2016;149:336-42 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of environmental monitoring data in conjunction with the predicted no effect concentration (PNEC) based on the available data suggest low risk to aquatic organisms. ..
- Heinis L, Highland T, Mount D. Method for testing the aquatic toxicity of sediment extracts for use in identifying organic toxicants in sediments. Environ Sci Technol. 2004;38:6256-62 pubmed
- Linbo T, Baldwin D, McIntyre J, Scholz N. Effects of water hardness, alkalinity, and dissolved organic carbon on the toxicity of copper to the lateral line of developing fish. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1455-61 pubmed publisher..Relative to copper toxicity via the gill, we find that individual water chemistry parameters are less influential in terms of reducing cytotoxic impacts to the mechanosensory system. ..
- Marty M, Crissman J, Carney E. Evaluation of the male pubertal onset assay to detect testosterone and steroid biosynthesis inhibitors in CD rats. Toxicol Sci. 2001;60:285-95 pubmed..FAD decreased body weight gains, but did not significantly alter any other assay end points; thus, the capacity of this assay to detect aromatase inhibitors remains in question. ..
- Reiss R, Lewis G, Griffin J. An ecological risk assessment for triclosan in the terrestrial environment. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1546-56 pubmed publisher..While that study finds higher soil and earthworm concentrations than were estimated in the present study, even these higher concentrations do not indicate significant risks. ..
- Gad S, Sullivan D, Crapo J, Spainhour C. A nonclinical safety assessment of MnTE-2-PyP, a manganese porphyrin. Int J Toxicol. 2013;32:274-87 pubmed publisher..Because of patent life issues, use of MnTE-2-PyP as a transplantation aid or radioprotective agent is not currently being pursued past the preclinical stages. It serves as a model for the clinical development of this class of drugs. ..
- Helke K, Nelson K, Sargeant A, Jacob B, McKeag S, Haruna J, et al. Background Pathological Changes in Minipigs: A Comparison of the Incidence and Nature among Different Breeds and Populations of Minipigs. Toxicol Pathol. 2016;44:325-37 pubmed publisher..This report serves as a resource to pathologists and will aid in interpretation of findings and differentiation of background from test article-related changes. ..
- Taylor K. Clinical veterinarian's perspective of non-human primate (NHP) use in drug safety studies. J Immunotoxicol. 2010;7:114-9 pubmed publisher..A tiered approach to the treatment of these animals is a conservative and usually acceptable approach. ..
- Warheit D, Boatman R, Brown S. Developmental toxicity studies with 6 forms of titanium dioxide test materials (3 pigment-different grade & 3 nanoscale) demonstrate an absence of effects in orally-exposed rats. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;73:887-96 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for titanium dioxide was 1000 mg/kg/day, the highest administered dose, in both the Sprague-Dawley (Crl:CD(SD) and Wistar rat strains. ..
- Morrissey R, Horvath C, Snyder E, Patrick J, MacDonald J. Rodent nonclinical safety evaluation studies of SCH 58500, an adenoviral vector for the p53 gene. Toxicol Sci. 2002;65:266-75 pubmed..These findings suggest a multifocal cause for acute lethality following i.v. dosing in rats. ..
- Luby T, Cole G, Baker L, Kornher J, Ramstedt U, Hedley M. Repeated immunization with plasmid DNA formulated in poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microparticles is well tolerated and stimulates durable T cell responses to the tumor-associated antigen cytochrome P450 1B1. Clin Immunol. 2004;112:45-53 pubmed..These results show that the PLG-encapsulated DNA therapeutic elicits durable immune responses to CYP1B1, the responses are dependent on repeat immunization, and that the formulation is well tolerated. ..
- McMullin T, Lowe E, Bartels M, Marty M. Dynamic changes in lipids and proteins of maternal, fetal, and pup blood and milk during perinatal development in CD and Wistar rats. Toxicol Sci. 2008;105:260-74 pubmed publisher..These data will aid in the interpretation of perinatal toxicity studies and improve the accuracy of predictive perinatal PBPK models. ..
- Breen M, Villeneuve D, Ankley G, Bencic D, Breen M, Watanabe K, et al. Computational model of the fathead minnow hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis: Incorporating protein synthesis in improving predictability of responses to endocrine active chemicals. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;183-184:36-45 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that aromatase protein synthesis is an important process in the biological system to model the effects of FAD exposure. ..
- Davis T. Interstitial cell adenoma of the rat testis: why is it such a problem in toxicology studies using Sprague-Dawley rats?. Toxicol Pathol. 1995;23:83-6 pubmed..These predictions are consistent with experience...
- Beauvais S, Jones S, Parris J, Brewer S, Little E. Cholinergic and behavioral neurotoxicity of carbaryl and cadmium to larval rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2001;49:84-90 pubmed..Correlations between behavior and physiology provide a useful assessment of neurotoxicity...
- Hejtmancik M, Ryan M, Toft J, Persing R, Kurtz P, Chhabra R. Hematological effects in F344 rats and B6C3F1 mice during the 13-week gavage toxicity study of methylene blue trihydrate. Toxicol Sci. 2002;65:126-34 pubmed..These gross and microscopic findings are consistent with the development of hemolytic anemia. A dose-related increase in the reticulocyte count during study weeks 6 and 13 suggested a compensatory response to anemia...
- Stook K, Dubey B, Ward M, Townsend T, Bitton G, Solo Gabriele H. Heavy metal toxicity of pressure treated wood leachates with MetPLATE. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2004;73:987-94 pubmed
- Emblidge J, DeLorenzo M. Preliminary risk assessment of the lipid-regulating pharmaceutical clofibric acid, for three estuarine species. Environ Res. 2006;100:216-26 pubmed..heteroclitus. Measured concentrations in the environment have not exceeded 10 microg/L. Therefore, the results of this study indicate a low risk of adverse effects from environmental exposure to clofibric acid for the species tested...
- Cloyd R, Chiasson H. Activity of an essential oil derived from Chenopodium ambrosioides on greenhouse insect pests. J Econ Entomol. 2007;100:459-66 pubmed..In addition, adult rove beetle Atheta coriaria Kraatz adults were not effective in controlling the larval instars of fungus gnats when applied at a rate of five adults per container...
- Rajini P, Melstrom P, Williams P. A comparative study on the relationship between various toxicological endpoints in Caenorhabditis elegans exposed to organophosphorus insecticides. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2008;71:1043-50 pubmed publisher..Further, ranking of these endpoints with respect to the OP insecticides studied indicates that these parameters in C. elegans are predictive of OP insecticides mammalian neurotoxicity. ..
- Rufer E, Hacker T, Flentke G, Drake V, Brody M, Lough J, et al. Altered cardiac function and ventricular septal defect in avian embryos exposed to low-dose trichloroethylene. Toxicol Sci. 2010;113:444-52 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that TCE is a cardiac teratogen for chick. ..
- Kodali V, Littke M, Tilton S, Teeguarden J, Shi L, Frevert C, et al. Dysregulation of macrophage activation profiles by engineered nanoparticles. ACS Nano. 2013;7:6997-7010 pubmed publisher..Nanotoxicology screening strategies should therefore consider how exposure to these materials alters susceptibility to other environmental exposures. ..
- Ankley G, Kahl M, Jensen K, Hornung M, Korte J, Makynen E, et al. Evaluation of the aromatase inhibitor fadrozole in a short-term reproduction assay with the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas). Toxicol Sci. 2002;67:121-30 pubmed
- Carney E, Kimmel C. Interpretation of skeletal variations for human risk assessment: delayed ossification and wavy ribs. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2007;80:473-96 pubmed
- Baird T, DeLorenzo M. Descriptive and mechanistic toxicity of conazole fungicides using the model test alga Dunaliella tertiolecta (Chlorophyceae). Environ Toxicol. 2010;25:213-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that green algae may be especially susceptible to nontarget effects of sterol-inhibiting fungicides in marine systems...
- Jones J, Francis P. Ophthalmic utility of topical bromfenac, a twice-daily nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009;10:2379-85 pubmed publisher..Bromfenac and other NSAIDs are seeing expanded use for the treatment and prevention of cystoid macular edema, and could have clinical utility in other diseases of vascular permeability...
- Bushnell P, Kavlock R, Crofton K, Weiss B, Rice D. Behavioral toxicology in the 21st century: challenges and opportunities for behavioral scientists. Summary of a symposium presented at the annual meeting of the neurobehavioral teratology society, June, 2009. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2010;32:313-28 pubmed publisher..Initial advances will likely provide better prioritization tools so that animal resources are used more efficiently and effectively. ..
- Lavado R, Schlenk D. Microsomal biotransformation of chlorpyrifos, parathion and fenthion in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch): mechanistic insights into interspecific differences in toxicity. Aquat Toxicol. 2011;101:57-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, rainbow trout may serve as a conservative surrogate species for the evaluation of OP pesticides in coho salmon...
- Heim C, Minniear K, Dann C. Imatinib has deleterious effects on differentiating spermatogonia while sparing spermatogonial stem cell self renewal. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;31:454-63 pubmed publisher..These results build upon the in vivo studies and support the possibility of utilizing GS cell cultures for preclinical drug tests...
- Borgert C, Mihaich E, Ortego L, Bentley K, Holmes C, Levine S, et al. Hypothesis-driven weight of evidence framework for evaluating data within the US EPA's Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;61:185-91 pubmed publisher..Overall WoE scores should be derived based on response and relevance weightings and a WoE narrative developed to clearly describe the final determinations. ..
- Smith S, Flentke G, Garic A. Avian models in teratology and developmental toxicology. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;889:85-103 pubmed publisher..Here, we present protocols for using avian embryos in toxicology research, including egg husbandry and hatch, toxicant delivery, and assessment of proliferation, apoptosis, and cardiac structure and function. ..
- Gad S, Sharp K, Montgomery C, Payne J, Goodrich G. Evaluation of the toxicity of intravenous delivery of auroshell particles (gold-silica nanoshells). Int J Toxicol. 2012;31:584-94 pubmed publisher..Over the course of 14 GLP studies, the gold nanoshells were well tolerated and, when injected iv, no toxicities or bioincompatibilities were identified...
- Cassidy S, Dotti A, Kolesar G, Dochterman L, Meeks R, Chevalier H. Hexamethyidisiloxane: A 13-week subchronic whole-body vapor inhalation toxicity study in Fischer 344 rats. Int J Toxicol. 2001;20:391-9 pubmed..No other treatment-related histological changes were seen in HMDS-exposed rats...
- Wilson J, Mills J, Prather I, Dimitrijevich S. A toxicity index of skin and wound cleansers used on in vitro fibroblasts and keratinocytes. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005;18:373-8 pubmed..To determine toxicity indexes of commercially available skin, wound, and skin/wound cleansers on in vitro fibroblasts and keratinocytes...
- Seth P, Siwkowski A, Allerson C, Vasquez G, Lee S, Prakash T, et al. Short antisense oligonucleotides with novel 2'-4' conformationaly restricted nucleoside analogues show improved potency without increased toxicity in animals. J Med Chem. 2009;52:10-3 pubmed publisher..The ability to achieve this level of potency without any formulation agents is remarkable and likely to have a significant impact on the future design of ASOs as therapeutic agents. ..
- Knudsen T, Martin M, Kavlock R, Judson R, Dix D, Singh A. Profiling the activity of environmental chemicals in prenatal developmental toxicity studies using the U.S. EPA's ToxRefDB. Reprod Toxicol. 2009;28:209-19 pubmed publisher..This novel data model provides an important public resource for cross-scale modeling and predictive understanding of developmental processes and toxicities. ..
- THACKABERRY E, Kopytek S, Sherratt P, Trouba K, McIntyre B. Comprehensive investigation of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, propylene glycol, polysorbate 80, and hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin for use in general toxicology studies. Toxicol Sci. 2010;117:485-92 pubmed publisher..However, formulations containing HP?CD should be used with caution because of the elevations in rodent transaminase levels...
- Swindle M, Makin A, Herron A, Clubb F, Frazier K. Swine as models in biomedical research and toxicology testing. Vet Pathol. 2012;49:344-56 pubmed publisher..It is likely that pigs and minipigs will become an increasingly important animal model for research and pharmaceutical development applications. ..
- Villeneuve D, Garcia Reyero N, Escalon B, Jensen K, Cavallin J, Makynen E, et al. Ecotoxicogenomics to support ecological risk assessment: a case study with bisphenol A in fish. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:51-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results provide an effective case study for considering the potential application of ecotoxicogenomics to ecological risk assessments and provide novel comparative data regarding effects of BPA in fish. ..
- Roy N, Arpie B, Lugo J, Linney E, Levin E, Cerutti D. Brief embryonic strychnine exposure in zebrafish causes long-term adult behavioral impairment with indications of embryonic synaptic changes. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2012;34:587-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that a short embryonic exposure to a neurotoxicant can alter development of neural synapses and lead to changes in adult behavior. ..
- Betts J, Johnson M, Rygiewicz P, King G, Andersen C. Potential for metal contamination by direct sonication of nanoparticle suspensions. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:889-93 pubmed publisher..Caution should be used when employing direct sonication for preparing test suspensions due to potential interferences of these particles in toxicological assessments. ..
- Roy N, Carneiro B, Ochs J. Glyphosate induces neurotoxicity in zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;42:45-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that glyphosate and the Roundup(Â®) formulation is developmentally toxic to the forebrain and midbrain but does not affect the hindbrain after 24 h exposure. ..
- Freeman G, Lordo R, Singer A, Peters A, Neal B, McConnell E, et al. An assessment of neurotoxicity of aroclors 1016, 1242, 1254, and 1260 administered in diet to Sprague-Dawley rats for one year. Toxicol Sci. 2000;53:377-91 pubmed..In summary, 52 weeks of exposure to Aroclors 1016, 1242, 1254, or 1260 mixed in the diet did not yield any functional or morphologic changes indicative of PCB-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Prasch A, Heideman W, Peterson R. ARNT2 is not required for TCDD developmental toxicity in zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2004;82:250-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that zfARNT2 is not essential for mediating TCDD developmental toxicity in zebrafish and suggest that alternate dimerization partner(s) exist for zfAHR2 in vivo. ..
- Tanzer J, Thompson A, Lang C, Cooper B, Hareng L, Gamer A, et al. Caries inhibition by and safety of Lactobacillus paracasei DSMZ16671. J Dent Res. 2010;89:921-6 pubmed publisher..mutans and fed the DSMZ16671 supplement, by comparison with controls. Neither toxicity nor mutagenicity of DSMZ16671 was detected. Use of heat-killed DSMZ16671 is efficacious in rats and appears safe. ..
- Dawson D, Genco N, Bensinger H, Guinn D, Il Giovine Z, Wayne Schultz T, et al. Evaluation of an asymmetry parameter for curve-fitting in single-chemical and mixture toxicity assessment. Toxicology. 2012;292:156-61 pubmed publisher..9970 were removed from the analyses. Subsequent review of the combined effects obtained via the 4PL and the 5PL-1P functions resulted in a change in the interpretation of combined effect in 39/216 (18%) cases. ..
- Hunt P, Marquis B, Tyner K, Conklin S, Olejnik N, Nelson B, et al. Nanosilver suppresses growth and induces oxidative damage to DNA in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:1131-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that medium-throughput growth screening and DNA damage analysis along with morphology assessments in C. elegans could together provide powerful tools for rapid toxicity screening of nanomaterials. ..
- McIntyre J, Edmunds R, Anulacion B, Davis J, Incardona J, Stark J, et al. Severe Coal Tar Sealcoat Runoff Toxicity to Fish Is Prevented by Bioretention Filtration. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:1570-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that inexpensive bioretention methods can markedly improve stormwater quality and protect fish health. ..
- Li L, Carratt S, Hartog M, Kovalchik N, Jia K, Wang Y, et al. Human CYP2A13 and CYP2F1 Mediate Naphthalene Toxicity in the Lung and Nasal Mucosa of CYP2A13/2F1-Humanized Mice. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:067004 pubmed publisher..CYP2F1 is an active enzyme. Both CYP2A13 and CYP2F1 are active toward NA in the CYP2A13/2F1-humanized mice, where they play significant roles in NA-induced respiratory tract toxicity. https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP844. ..
- Fort D, Rogers R, Paul R, Stover E, Finch R. Optimization of an exogenous metabolic activation system for FETAX. II. Preliminary evaluation. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2001;24:117-27 pubmed..Each of the test materials were found to be developmentally toxic when bioactivated by the mixed MAS. ..