Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: time factors
Publications1502 found, 100 shown here
- Matsuoka H, Obama H, Kelly M, Matsui T, Nakamoto M. Biphasic functions of the kinase-defective Ephb6 receptor in cell adhesion and migration. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29355-63 pubmed
- Rybakova I, Humston J, Sonnemann K, Ervasti J. Dystrophin and utrophin bind actin through distinct modes of contact. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9996-10001 pubmed..Finally, we reassessed the abundance of dystrophin in striated muscle using full-length protein as the standard and measured greater than 10-fold higher values than previously reported. ..
- Motsko S, Rascati K, Busti A, Wilson J, Barner J, Lawson K, et al. Temporal relationship between use of NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors, and cardiovascular risk. Drug Saf. 2006;29:621-32 pubmed..The findings of this observational study, along with recent clinical trial results, suggest that prolonged exposure to selective COX-2 inhibitors may be associated with an increased risk of adverse cardiovascular outcomes. ..
- Yoder R, Taube J. Head direction cell activity in mice: robust directional signal depends on intact otolith organs. J Neurosci. 2009;29:1061-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, compared with rats, the HD signal in mice appears to be less reliably anchored to prominent environmental cues...
- Srivastava S, Vladykovskaya E, Haberzettl P, Sithu S, D Souza S, States J. Arsenic exacerbates atherosclerotic lesion formation and inflammation in ApoE-/- mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;241:90-100 pubmed publisher..Plasma concentrations of MCP-1, IL-6 and MDA were also significantly elevated in arsenic-exposed mice. These data suggest that arsenic exposure increases oxidative stress, inflammation and atherosclerotic lesion formation. ..
- Chao S, Koyfman S, Woody N, Angelov L, Soeder S, Reddy C, et al. Recursive partitioning analysis index is predictive for overall survival in patients undergoing spine stereotactic body radiation therapy for spinal metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:1738-43 pubmed publisher..To generate a prognostic index using recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) for patients undergoing spine stereotactic body radiation therapy (sSBRT) for spinal metastases (sMet)...
- Bowen S, van der Kogel A, Nordsmark M, Bentzen S, Jeraj R. Characterization of positron emission tomography hypoxia tracer uptake and tissue oxygenation via electrochemical modeling. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:771-80 pubmed publisher..Differences in imaged uptake of two common hypoxia radiotracers, [(61)Cu]Cu-ATSM and [(18)F]FMISO, were characterized via computational modeling to address these challenges...
- Lima F, Ayres H, Favoreto M, Bisinotto R, Greco L, Ribeiro E, et al. Effects of gonadotropin-releasing hormone at initiation of the 5-d timed artificial insemination (AI) program and timing of induction of ovulation relative to AI on ovarian dynamics and fertility of dairy heifers. J Dairy Sci. 2011;94:4997-5004 pubmed publisher..Moreover, extending the proestrus by delaying the final GnRH from 56 to 72 h concurrent with AI benefited fertility of dairy heifers that did not display signs of estrus at insemination following the 5-d timed AI protocol. ..
- Kennedy E, Amie S, Bambara R, Kim B. Frequent incorporation of ribonucleotides during HIV-1 reverse transcription and their attenuated repair in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14280-8 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, the frequent incorporation of rNMPs makes them an ideal candidate for development of a new class of HIV RT inhibitors. ..
- Deng L, Guindon J, Vemuri V, Thakur G, White F, Makriyannis A, et al. The maintenance of cisplatin- and paclitaxel-induced mechanical and cold allodynia is suppressed by cannabinoid CB? receptor activation and independent of CXCR4 signaling in models of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy. Mol Pain. 2012;8:71 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that CB? receptors represent a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of toxic neuropathies produced by cisplatin and paclitaxel chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Schwartz G, Okawa H, Dunn F, Morgan J, Kerschensteiner D, WONG R, et al. The spatial structure of a nonlinear receptive field. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:1572-80 pubmed publisher..The resulting simplified circuit model successfully predicts ganglion-cell responses to a variety of spatial patterns and thus provides a direct correspondence between circuit connectivity and retinal output. ..
- Fortney L, Luchterhand C, Zakletskaia L, Zgierska A, Rakel D. Abbreviated mindfulness intervention for job satisfaction, quality of life, and compassion in primary care clinicians: a pilot study. Ann Fam Med. 2013;11:412-20 pubmed publisher..Modified mindfulness training may be a time-efficient tool to help support clinician health and well-being, which may have implications for patient care. ..
- Horlocker T, Kufner R, Bishop A, Maxson P, Schroeder D. The risk of persistent paresthesia is not increased with repeated axillary block. Anesth Analg. 1999;88:382-7 pubmed..No risk factors for anesthetic-related complications were identified. However, block success rate was increased with the paresthesia technique and the injection of mepivacaine versus bupivacaine. ..
- Zhang J, Joslyn A, Chiu P. 1,1-dichloroethene as a predominant intermediate of microbial trichloroethene reduction. Environ Sci Technol. 2006;40:1830-6 pubmed..This study provides a possible biological mechanism forthe occurrence of 1,1-DCE in TCE-contaminated sites. ..
- Koren M, Hamad A, Klasen S, Abeyratne A, McNutt B, Kalra S. Efficacy and safety of 30-minute infusions of conivaptan in euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2011;68:818-27 pubmed publisher..v. infusion, significantly increased SSCs over 48 hours in patients with euvolemic or hypervolemic hyponatremia when compared with placebo. Common AEs were similar to those seen with continuous conivaptan infusions. ..
- Shadman R, Poole J, Dardas T, Mozaffarian D, Cleland J, Swedberg K, et al. A novel method to predict the proportional risk of sudden cardiac death in heart failure: Derivation of the Seattle Proportional Risk Model. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:2069-77 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is needed to assess whether this novel predictive method can be used to target the use of lifesaving therapies to populations who will derive greatest mortality benefit . ..
- Nguyen V, Benveniste E. Critical role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and NF-kappa B in interferon-gamma -induced CD40 expression in microglia/macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13796-803 pubmed..These results indicate that IFN-gamma-induced TNF-alpha production and subsequent NF-kappaB activation are integral parts of the mechanism of IFN-gamma-induced CD40 expression. ..
- Kimberlin D, Lin C, Sanchez P, Demmler G, Dankner W, Shelton M, et al. Effect of ganciclovir therapy on hearing in symptomatic congenital cytomegalovirus disease involving the central nervous system: a randomized, controlled trial. J Pediatr. 2003;143:16-25 pubmed..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of ganciclovir therapy in neonates with congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease...
- Wehman J, Hanel R, Guidot C, Guterman L, Hopkins L. Atherosclerotic occlusive extracranial vertebral artery disease: indications for intervention, endovascular techniques, short-term and long-term results. J Interv Cardiol. 2004;17:219-32 pubmed..Careful selection of both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients for intervention based on neurological symptoms, as well as anatomical and hemodynamic considerations, is essential...
- Bilotta J, Barnett J, Hancock L, Saszik S. Ethanol exposure alters zebrafish development: a novel model of fetal alcohol syndrome. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2004;26:737-43 pubmed..Thus, the zebrafish represents a useful model for examining basic questions about the effects of embryonic exposure to ethanol on development. ..
- Lacinski M, Skorupski W, Cieslinski A, Sokolowska J, Trzeciak W, Jakubowski H. Determinants of homocysteine-thiolactonase activity of the paraoxonase-1 (PON1) protein in humans. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2004;50:885-93 pubmed..146) and significantly associated with MI (17.6% in CAD vs 31.5% in MI, p = 0.018). Multiple regression analysis suggests that PON1 genotype, total Hcy, total cholesterol, and age are major determinants of HTase activity in humans. ..
- Iniguez A, Dong Y, Carter H, Ahmer B, Stone J, Triplett E. Regulation of enteric endophytic bacterial colonization by plant defenses. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:169-78 pubmed..These observations suggest approaches to reduce contamination of raw produce by human enteric pathogens and to increase the number of growth-promoting bacteria in plants. ..
- LaMarca B, Bennett W, Alexander B, Cockrell K, Granger J. Hypertension produced by reductions in uterine perfusion in the pregnant rat: role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Hypertension. 2005;46:1022-5 pubmed..6+/-0.4 mL/min in the control group. In summary, these data suggest that TNF-alpha may play an important role in mediating the increased arterial pressure in response to chronic RUPPs in pregnant rats. ..
- Gipp J, Gu G, Crylen C, Kasper S, Bushman W. Hedgehog pathway activity in the LADY prostate tumor model. Mol Cancer. 2007;6:19 pubmed..These data suggest that Ihh expression may be a feature of a progenitor cell population that is involved in tumor development. ..
- Spiller H, Borys D, Griffith J, Klein Schwartz W, Aleguas A, Sollee D, et al. Toxicity from modafinil ingestion. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2009;47:153-6 pubmed publisher..In this case series, clinical effects of modafinil overdoses were generally mild with predominantly tachycardia and CNS toxicity. However, clinically significant effects warranting specific therapy occurred in a minority of patients. ..
- Vig P, Shao Q, Subramony S, Lopez M, Safaya E. Bergmann glial S100B activates myo-inositol monophosphatase 1 and Co-localizes to purkinje cell vacuoles in SCA1 transgenic mice. Cerebellum. 2009;8:231-44 pubmed publisher..This may cause BG-PC interface to degenerate resulting in vacuolar formation. In sum, these data indicate that vacuoles appearing early in SCA1 PCs could be developing through some unknown autophagic mechanism. ..
- Stolker J, Mahoney E, Safley D, Pomposelli F, Yadav J, Cohen D. Health-related quality of life following carotid stenting versus endarterectomy: results from the SAPPHIRE (Stenting and Angioplasty with Protection in Patients at HIgh Risk for Endarterectomy) trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3:515-23 pubmed publisher..However, these differences had resolved by 1 month after the procedure, and no other differences between revascularization strategies in health-related quality of life were found. ..
- Baumann A, Barry J, Wang S, Fujiwara Y, Wilson T. Paralogous genes involved in juvenile hormone action in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2010;185:1327-36 pubmed publisher..These results show that (1) unlike Met, gce is a vital gene and shows functional flexibility and (2) both gene products appear to promote JH action in preadult but not adult development. ..
- Haber G, Lee M, Crouzet S, Kamoi K, Gill I. Tumour in solitary kidney: laparoscopic partial nephrectomy vs laparoscopic cryoablation. BJU Int. 2012;109:118-24 pubmed publisher..Although LCA is technically easier and has superior functional outcomes, oncologic outcomes are superior after LPN. ..
- Venna V, Li J, Benashski S, Tarabishy S, McCullough L. Preconditioning induces sustained neuroprotection by downregulation of adenosine 5'-monophosphate-activated protein kinase. Neuroscience. 2012;201:280-7 pubmed publisher..Regulation of AMPK plays an important role in IPC-mediated neuroprotection. AMPK may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of cerebral ischemia. ..
- Freiria Oliveira A, Blanch G, Li H, Colombari E, Colombari D, Sumners C. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor in the nucleus of solitary tract decreases blood pressure in SHRs. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:153-60 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that an increased expression of MIF within the nucleus of the solitary tract neurons of SHRs lowers blood pressure and restores baroreflex function. ..
- Brokhof M, Sollinger H, Hager D, Muth B, Pirsch J, Fernandez L, et al. Antithymocyte globulin is associated with a lower incidence of de novo donor-specific antibodies in moderately sensitized renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2014;97:612-7 pubmed publisher..In moderately sensitized deceased donor renal transplant recipients, induction with ATG is associated with a reduction in the occurrence of dnDSA and ABMR when compared with basiliximab. ..
- Chen M, Samuelson J, Jiang F, Muller M, Kuhn A, Dalbey R. Direct interaction of YidC with the Sec-independent Pf3 coat protein during its membrane protein insertion. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7670-5 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that YidC can directly interact with a Sec-independent membrane protein, and the role of YidC is at the stage of folding the Pf3 protein into a transmembrane configuration. ..
- Ndegwa P. Solids separation coupled with batch-aeration treatment for odor control from liquid swine manure. J Environ Sci Health B. 2003;38:631-43 pubmed..The S-L separation treatment thus significantly improves the oxygen transfer efficiency, which in turn significantly reduces the aeration power needed to maintain adequate ORP if prolonged aeration is desired. ..
- Mecham J, Wilson W. Antigen capture competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays using baculovirus-expressed antigens for diagnosis of bluetongue virus and epizootic hemorrhagic disease virus. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:518-23 pubmed..The Ag Cap c-ELISA offers the advantages of using an easily produced, easily standardized, noninfectious antigen that does not require further purification or concentration...
- Matthew R, Christopher O, Philippa S. Severe malignancy-associated hypercalcemia in dysgerminoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2006;47:621-3 pubmed..It is our recommendation that calcium levels should be monitored in all children with solid ovarian masses. Hypercalcemia seen in these situations may not improve until the tumor is removed...
- Yakhnin A, Yakhnin H, Babitzke P. RNA polymerase pausing regulates translation initiation by providing additional time for TRAP-RNA interaction. Mol Cell. 2006;24:547-57 pubmed..These results establish that pausing is capable of playing a role in regulating translation in bacteria. ..
- Jones J, McNally A, Chang D, Qin L, Meyerson H, Colton E, et al. Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in the foreign body reaction on biomaterials. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2008;84:158-66 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that material surface chemistry does modulate macrophage/FBGC-derived MMP/TIMP secretion and implicates MMP involvement in macrophage fusion...
- Anthony R, Miles A, Ricca M, Estes J. Environmental contaminants in bald eagle eggs from the Aleutian archipelago. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2007;26:1843-55 pubmed..These latter findings indicate that contaminant concentrations were influenced more by point sources and geographic location than trophic status of eagles among the different islands. ..
- Covington P, Christopher R, Davenport M, Fleck P, Mekki Q, Wann E, et al. Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and tolerability profiles of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor alogliptin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose study in adult patients with type 2 diabetes. Clin Ther. 2008;30:499-512 pubmed publisher..The PK and PD profiles of multiple doses of alogliptin in this study supported use of a once-daily dosing regimen. Alogliptin was generally well tolerated, with no dose-limiting toxicity. ..
- Cui C, Little C, Rongish B. Rotation of organizer tissue contributes to left-right asymmetry. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2009;292:557-61 pubmed publisher..This rotation spans the interval when initial symmetric expression of Shh and Fgf8 becomes asymmetrical with respect to the midline. ..
- Mima J, Wickner W. Complex lipid requirements for SNARE- and SNARE chaperone-dependent membrane fusion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27114-22 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, PA and PE are as essential for SNARE complex assembly as for fusion, suggesting that these lipids facilitate functional interactions among SNAREs and SNARE chaperones. ..
- Favreau F, Zhu X, Krier J, Lin J, Warner L, Textor S, et al. Revascularization of swine renal artery stenosis improves renal function but not the changes in vascular structure. Kidney Int. 2010;78:1110-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study shows that revascularization of a stenotic renal artery restores the glomerular filtration rate and renal endothelial function 4 weeks later. Renal hemodynamics and structure, however, are incompletely resolved...
- Lee J, Welti R, Roth M, Schapaugh W, Li J, Trick H. Enhanced seed viability and lipid compositional changes during natural ageing by suppressing phospholipase D? in soybean seed. Plant Biotechnol J. 2012;10:164-73 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that, during natural ageing, PLD? affects the soybean phospholipid profile and the TAG profile. Suppression of PLD activity in soybean seed has potential for improving seed quality during long-term storage. ..
- Manavalan T, Teng Y, Appana S, Datta S, Kalbfleisch T, Li Y, et al. Differential expression of microRNA expression in tamoxifen-sensitive MCF-7 versus tamoxifen-resistant LY2 human breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;313:26-43 pubmed publisher..Agreement in the direction of anticipated regulation was detected for 12 putative targets. These miRNAs with opposite expression between the two cell lines may be involved in endocrine resistance. ..
- Stauffer T, Hatle J, Whitman D. Divergent egg physiologies in two closely related grasshopper species: Taeniopoda eques versus Romalea microptera (Orthoptera: Romaleidae). Environ Entomol. 2011;40:157-66 pubmed publisher..eques. These divergent traits presumably benefit these insects in their divergent habitats. Our results suggest the evolution of physiological divergence that is consistent with adaptations to local environments. ..
- Trushina E, Nemutlu E, Zhang S, Christensen T, Camp J, Mesa J, et al. Defects in mitochondrial dynamics and metabolomic signatures of evolving energetic stress in mouse models of familial Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32737 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial dysfunction, therefore, is an underlying event in AD progression, and FAD mouse models provide valuable tools to study early molecular mechanisms implicated in AD. ..
- Chan Y, Roy S, Khanna S, Sen C. Downregulation of endothelial microRNA-200b supports cutaneous wound angiogenesis by desilencing GATA binding protein 2 and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1372-82 pubmed publisher..Injury-induced repression of miR-200b turned on wound angiogenesis. In mice with diabetes mellitus,excessive tumor necrosis factor-? induced miR-200b blunting proangiogenic functions of GATA2 and VEGFR2. ..
- Majure L, Puente R, Griffith M, Judd W, Soltis P, Soltis D. Phylogeny of Opuntia s.s. (Cactaceae): clade delineation, geographic origins, and reticulate evolution. Am J Bot. 2012;99:847-64 pubmed publisher..Evolutionary relationships in these stem succulents have been insufficiently studied; thus, delimitation of Opuntia s.s. and major subclades, as well as the biogeographic history of this enigmatic group, remain unresolved...
- Sullivan C, Leon J, Sayre S, Marbury M, Ivers M, Pencak J, et al. Impact of navigators on completion of steps in the kidney transplant process: a randomized, controlled trial. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;7:1639-45 pubmed publisher..3-2.5 steps). The effect of the intervention on step completion was similar across race and sex subgroups. Use of trained transplant recipients as navigators resulted in increased completion of transplant process steps. ..
- Gepner A, Colangelo L, Blondon M, Korcarz C, De Boer I, Kestenbaum B, et al. 25-hydroxyvitamin D and parathyroid hormone levels do not predict changes in carotid arterial stiffness: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:1102-9 pubmed publisher..After nearly a decade of follow-up, neither baseline PTH nor 25(OH)D concentrations were associated with progression of carotid arterial stiffness. ..
- Vest A, Patel P, Schauer P, Satava M, Cavalcante J, Brethauer S, et al. Clinical and Echocardiographic Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery in Obese Patients With Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9:e002260 pubmed publisher..Bariatric surgery was associated with an improvement in LVEF, although the magnitude of change was on the cusp of clinical significance. ..
- Wei J, Mehta P, Grey E, Garberich R, Hauser R, Bairey Merz C, et al. Sex-based differences in quality of care and outcomes in a health system using a standardized STEMI protocol. Am Heart J. 2017;191:30-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that STEMI health care disparities and mortality in women can be improved using STEMI protocols and systems. ..
- Mehta R, Tsymbalyuk N, Ivanova S, Stokum J, Woo K, Gerzanich V, et al. α-Endosulfine (ARPP-19e) Expression in a Rat Model of Stroke. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017;76:898-907 pubmed publisher..In conjunction with recent studies suggesting a neuroprotective role, our data highlight a potential function for αEnsa within ischemic brain. ..
- Fuchs P, Barry A, Brown S. Interactions of quinupristin-dalfopristin with eight other antibiotics as measured by time-kill studies with 10 strains of Staphylococcus aureus for which quinupristin-dalfopristin alone was not bactericidal. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:2662-5 pubmed..The clinical significance of this in vitro antagonism is unknown at this time, and more studies are needed. ..
- Ghosh P, Vasanji A, Murugesan G, Eppell S, Graham L, Fox P. Membrane microviscosity regulates endothelial cell motility. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:894-900 pubmed..Our data show that angiogenic growth factors, as well as certain lipophilic molecules, regulate cell motility through alterations in membrane properties and the consequent relocalization of critical signalling molecules to membranes. ..
- Shui C, Spelsberg T, Riggs B, Khosla S. Changes in Runx2/Cbfa1 expression and activity during osteoblastic differentiation of human bone marrow stromal cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:213-21 pubmed..Our findings also show that the increase in Runx2/Cbfa1 activity occurs through a posttranslational mechanism involving phosphorylation of key residues. ..
- Buhr R, Dickens J, Wilson J. Filling and emptying of the alimentary tract of meal-fed broiler breeder hens. Poult Sci. 2003;82:2000-4 pubmed..Clearance of ingesta from the crop, proventriculus and gizzard, and intestines readily occurred while hens were held overnight without access to water. ..
- Ecevit I, Clancy C, Schmalfuss I, Nguyen M. The poor prognosis of central nervous system cryptococcosis among nonimmunosuppressed patients: a call for better disease recognition and evaluation of adjuncts to antifungal therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;42:1443-7 pubmed..This was attributed to delayed diagnosis and apparent sequelae of overwhelming host immune responses. We present clues suggesting the diagnosis. Increased recognition and timely diagnosis of this condition may improve outcomes. ..
- Picht E, DeSantiago J, Blatter L, Bers D. Cardiac alternans do not rely on diastolic sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium content fluctuations. Circ Res. 2006;99:740-8 pubmed..In this way, diastolic [Ca2+]SR alternans can enhance frequency-induced Ca2+ alternans, even if they initiate by other means. ..
- Crawford N, Colliver D, Eichenberger M, Funke A, Kolodko V, Cobbs G, et al. CARD15 genotype-phenotype relationships in a small inflammatory bowel disease population with severe disease affection status. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52:2716-24 pubmed..We also present evidence to suggest that R702W may predispose to a more generalized form of CD. Additionally, we confirm that CARD15 mutations are associated with terminal ileal/ileocolonic, and to a lesser extent, fibrostenosing CD. ..
- Kobayashi N, Kobayashi H, Gu L, Malefyt T, Siahaan T. Antigen-specific suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by a novel bifunctional peptide inhibitor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;322:879-86 pubmed..These results suggest that BPI-type molecules can be used to treat different autoimmune diseases in which antigenic epitopes have been identified. ..
- Huang X, Zhan C. How dopamine transporter interacts with dopamine: insights from molecular modeling and simulation. Biophys J. 2007;93:3627-39 pubmed
- Horvath R, Nutile McMenemy N, Alkaitis M, DeLeo J. Differential migration, LPS-induced cytokine, chemokine, and NO expression in immortalized BV-2 and HAPI cell lines and primary microglial cultures. J Neurochem. 2008;107:557-69 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BV-2 and HAPI cell cultures only partially model primary microglia and that their use should therefore be carefully considered. ..
- Weinberg J, McGwin G, Marques M, Cherry S, Reiff D, Kerby J, et al. Transfusions in the less severely injured: does age of transfused blood affect outcomes?. J Trauma. 2008;65:794-8 pubmed publisher..The deleterious effect of older blood on patient outcome does not appear to be limited to the severely injured. ..
- Liang L, Jarrett S, Patel M. Chelation of mitochondrial iron prevents seizure-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and neuronal injury. J Neurosci. 2008;28:11550-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for mitochondrial iron in the pathogenesis of SE-induced brain damage and subcellular iron chelation as a novel therapeutic approach for its management. ..
- Yang Y, Cui Q. Does water relay play an important role in phosphoryl transfer reactions? Insights from theoretical study of a model reaction in water and tert-butanol. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:4930-9 pubmed publisher..This study, nevertheless, has provided new insights into several most commonly discussed possibilities. ..
- Leidy H, Apolzan J, Mattes R, Campbell W. Food form and portion size affect postprandial appetite sensations and hormonal responses in healthy, nonobese, older adults. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:293-9 pubmed publisher..larger portions suggest that appetite control is influenced by food form and portion size in older adults. These findings may enhance the development of appropriate dietary strategies that help to regulate energy balance. ..
- Mensah K, Ritchlin C, Schwarz E. RANKL induces heterogeneous DC-STAMP(lo) and DC-STAMP(hi) osteoclast precursors of which the DC-STAMP(lo) precursors are the master fusogens. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:76-83 pubmed publisher..RANKL induces osteoclastogenesis by stimulating DC-STAMP internalization in some OCP, and these DC-STAMP(lo) cells display the "master fusogen" phenotype. In contrast, DC-STAMP(hi) OCP can only act as mononuclear donors...
- Froehlich A, Chen C, Belden W, Madeti C, Roenneberg T, Merrow M, et al. Genetic and molecular characterization of a cryptochrome from the filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:738-50 pubmed publisher..Whole-genome microarray experiments failed to identify substantive transcriptional regulatory activity of cry under our laboratory conditions. ..
- Zheng Q, Zhu J, Shanabrough M, Borok E, Benoit S, Horvath T, et al. Enhanced anorexigenic signaling in lean obesity resistant syndecan-3 null mice. Neuroscience. 2010;171:1032-40 pubmed publisher..These findings are unprecedented and indicate that AgRP protein localization can be selectively regulated within the hypothalamus resulting in altered neuropeptide response and tone. ..
- Ragi J, Pappert A, Rao B, Havkin Frenkel D, Milgraum S. Oregano extract ointment for wound healing: a randomized, double-blind, petrolatum-controlled study evaluating efficacy. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011;10:1168-72 pubmed..Oregano extract ointment decreased bacterial contamination and subsequent infection on post-surgical wounds and had equivalent overall scar appearance compared to petrolatum. ..
- Costa A, Panda N, Yong S, Mayorga M, Pawlowski G, Fan K, et al. Optical mapping of cryoinjured rat myocardium grafted with mesenchymal stem cells. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H270-7 pubmed publisher..However, our results suggest that this activity is not due to generation of action potentials, but rather passive influence coupled from neighboring viable myocardium. ..
- ..This study illuminates details of a cytokine storm event, and it demonstrates the value of linear modeling for interpreting complex, coupled biological system dynamics from empirical data. ..
- Dungan C, Carnegie R, Hill K, McCollough C, Laramore S, Kelly C, et al. Diseases of oysters Crassostrea ariakensis and C. virginica reared in ambient waters from the Choptank River, Maryland and the Indian River Lagoon, Florida. Dis Aquat Organ. 2012;101:173-83 pubmed publisher..from Florida waters, sequences of small subunit (SSU) rDNA and in situ hybridization (ISH) assays both identified the Florida pathogen as Bonamia exitiosa, which also infects oysters in the proximate waters of North Carolina, USA. ..
- Shackman A, Fox A, Oler J, Shelton S, Davidson R, Kalin N. Neural mechanisms underlying heterogeneity in the presentation of anxious temperament. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6145-50 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a framework for understanding the mechanisms that lead to heterogeneity in the clinical presentation of internalizing disorders and set the stage for developing improved interventions. ..
- Yamada Y, Colman R, Kemnitz J, Baum S, Anderson R, Weindruch R, et al. Long-term calorie restriction decreases metabolic cost of movement and prevents decrease of physical activity during aging in rhesus monkeys. Exp Gerontol. 2013;48:1226-35 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that long-term CR decreases basal metabolic rate, but maintains higher physical activity with lower metabolic cost of movements compared with C. ..
- Schonberg T, Bakkour A, Hover A, Mumford J, Nagar L, Perez J, et al. Changing value through cued approach: an automatic mechanism of behavior change. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:625-30 pubmed publisher..Neuroimaging revealed the neural signature of a value change in the form of amplified preference-related activity in ventromedial prefrontal cortex. ..
- Lavin R, Tao X, Yuspeh L, Kalia N, Bernacki E. Relationship Between Opioid Prescribing Patterns and Claim Duration and Cost. J Occup Environ Med. 2016;58:e90-3 pubmed publisher..21 (95% confidence interval 5.30 to 7.28) and 3.32 (95% confidence interval 2.94 to 3.74). Claim cost and lost time are related to when and how long opioids are prescribed for work-related injuries. ..