Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in Japan
Topic: time factors
Publications400 found, 100 shown here
- Hashimoto M, Watanabe O, Takahashi S, Watarai J, Sato T, Yamamoto Y. Efficacy and safety of hepatic artery infusion catheter placement without fixation in the right gastroepiploic artery. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005;16:465-70 pubmed
- Miyoshi H, Suehiro N, Tomoo K, Muto S, Takahashi T, Tsukamoto T, et al. Binding analyses for the interaction between plant virus genome-linked protein (VPg) and plant translational initiation factors. Biochimie. 2006;88:329-40 pubmed..Further experiments with affinity chromatography showed that VPg forms a ternary complex with eIF(iso)4E and eIF(iso)4G. Thus, VPg may participate in viral translational initiation by functioning as an alternative cap-like structure. ..
- Noguchi T, Makino S, Maruyama H, Hashimoto K. Regulation of proopiomelanocortin gene transcription during single and repeated immobilization stress. Neuroendocrinology. 2006;84:21-30 pubmed
- Ogami A, Morimoto Y, Myojo T, Oyabu T, Murakami M, Nishi K, et al. Histopathological changes in rat lung following intratracheal instillation of silicon carbide whiskers and potassium octatitanate whiskers. Inhal Toxicol. 2007;19:753-8 pubmed..Careful use should be recommended when these materials are used in the workplace. ..
- Tanaka M, Kikuchi A, Kamada H. The Arabidopsis histone deacetylases HDA6 and HDA19 contribute to the repression of embryonic properties after germination. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:149-61 pubmed..These results suggest that during germination in Arabidopsis, HDA6 and HDA19 redundantly regulate the repression of embryonic properties directly or indirectly via repression of embryo-specific gene function. ..
- Yoshida Y, Hatayama N, Sekino H, Seki K. Heterotopic transplant of an isolated rat heart preserved for 72 h in perfluorocarbon with CO2. Cell Transplant. 2008;17:83-9 pubmed..The present report documents the resuscitation of this heart after 72 h of preservation followed by heterotrophic transplantation. ..
- Okubo K, Sonobe M, Fujinaga T, Shoji T, Sakai H, Miyahara R, et al. Survival and relapse pattern after trimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:585-90 pubmed publisher..We reviewed our experience of trimodality therapy as a single-institution study in Japan...
- Ayon Haro E, Ukai T, Yokoyama M, Kishimoto T, Yoshinaga Y, Hara Y. Locally administered interferon-? accelerates lipopolysaccharide-induced osteoclastogenesis independent of immunohistological RANKL upregulation. J Periodontal Res. 2011;46:361-73 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that local IFN-? accelerates osteoclastogenesis in certain conditions of LPS-induced inflammatory bone loss. ..
- Fuchimoto Y, Kanehiro A, Miyahara N, Koga H, Ikeda G, Waseda K, et al. Requirement for chemokine receptor 5 in the development of allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:1248-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that CCR5 plays a pivotal role in allergen-induced AHR and airway inflammation, and that CCR5 expression on T cells is essential to the accumulation of these cells in the airways...
- Furuya Y, Mori K, Ninomiya T, Tomimori Y, Tanaka S, Takahashi N, et al. Increased bone mass in mice after single injection of anti-receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand-neutralizing antibody: evidence for bone anabolic effect of parathyroid hormone in mice with few osteoclasts. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37023-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that parathyroid hormone exerted its bone anabolic activity in mice with few osteoclasts. The mouse anti-RANKL neutralizing antibody OYC1 may be a useful tool to investigate unknown functions of RANKL in vivo. ..
- Inoue M, Kofuji H, Hamajima Y, Nagao S, Yoshida K, Yamamoto M. 134Cs and 137Cs activities in coastal seawater along Northern Sanriku and Tsugaru Strait, northeastern Japan, after Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant accident. J Environ Radioact. 2012;111:116-9 pubmed publisher..These results can be plausibly explained by surface infusion of these isotopes into the sea by atmospheric transport from Fukushima and their subsequent reduction by water migration to off-shore and deeper regions...
- Tanaka Y, Kato T, Nishida H, Yamada M, Koumura A, Sakurai T, et al. Is there delayed gastric emptying in patients with multiple system atrophy? An analysis using the (13)C-acetate breath test. J Neurol. 2012;259:1448-52 pubmed publisher..Delayed gastric emptying is one of the autonomic failures and may be a clinical marker of MSA. ..
- Hirano M, Nakamura T, Obata J, Fujioka D, Saito Y, Kawabata K, et al. Early improvement in carotid plaque echogenicity by acarbose in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Circ J. 2012;76:1452-60 pubmed..The increase in IBS values was significantly correlated with a decrease in C-reactive protein levels. Acarbose rapidly improved carotid plaque echolucency within 1 month of therapy in patients with ACS and type 2 DM. ..
- Sawada E, Yoshida N, Sugiura A, Imokawa G. Th1 cytokines accentuate but Th2 cytokines attenuate ceramide production in the stratum corneum of human epidermal equivalents: an implication for the disrupted barrier mechanism in atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;68:25-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the Th2 type of inflammation evoked in AD skin is one of the essential factors involved in down-regulating the levels of ceramide in the SC. ..
- Goto K, Kumarendran B, Mettananda S, Gunasekara D, Fujii Y, Kaneko S. Analysis of effects of meteorological factors on dengue incidence in Sri Lanka using time series data. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63717 pubmed publisher..However, the weekly total rainfall slightly influenced dengue incidence in the cities of Colombo and Anuradhapura. ..
- Arai T, Kusubata M, Kohsaka T, Shiraiwa M, Sugawara K, Takahara H. Mouse uterus peptidylarginine deiminase is expressed in decidual cells during pregnancy. J Cell Biochem. 1995;58:269-78 pubmed..Since these serial changes in the mRNA level did not correlate with changes in sex hormones, the expression of decidual peptidylarginine deiminase seemed to be controlled by factors other than sex hormones. ..
- Yamagami T, Matsui H, Tsuji H, Ichimura K, Sano A. Effects of laminectomy and retained extradural foreign body on cauda equina adhesion. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1993;18:1774-81 pubmed..This seems to imply that careful surgical intervention with no use of foreign bodies is necessary to reduce postoperative adhesive arachnoiditis. ..
- Isobe K, Ishikura K, Shimizu S. Identification and characterization of enzyme catalyzing conversion of N(alpha)-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-aminoadipic-delta-semialdehyde to N(alpha)-benzyloxycarbonyl-L-aminoadipic acid in Aspergillus niger AKU 3302. J Biosci Bioeng. 2008;106:409-11 pubmed publisher..0 mM. Thus, N(alpha)-Z-L-lysine was converted to N(alpha)-Z-L-AAA via N(alpha)-Z-L-AASA by a combination of an amine oxidase with broad substrate specificity and an aldehyde oxidase specific to N(alpha)-Z-L-AASA in A. niger AKU 3302...
- Hasegawa T, Murata C, Ninomiya T, Takabayashi T, Noda T, Hayasaka S, et al. Occupational factors and problem drinking among a Japanese working population. Ind Health. 2013;51:490-500 pubmed..These results indicate that the prevalence of problem drinkers in the workplace depends on where one works. It is necessary to consider these characteristics to provide effective measures to address problem drinking in the workplace. ..
- Kawakami Y, Amemiya K, Kanehisa H, Ikegawa S, Fukunaga T. Fatigue responses of human triceps surae muscles during repetitive maximal isometric contractions. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;88:1969-75 pubmed..Further support for this possibility was provided from changes in twitch torque...
- Horike N, Takemori H, Nonaka Y, Sonobe H, Okamoto M. Molecular cloning of NADPH-cytochrome P450 oxidoreductase from silkworm eggs. Its involvement in 20-hydroxyecdysone biosynthesis during embryonic development. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:6914-20 pubmed
- Kiryu T, Hoshi H, Matsui E, Iwata H, Kokubo M, Shimokawa K, et al. Endotracheal/endobronchial metastases : clinicopathologic study with special reference to developmental modes. Chest. 2001;119:768-75 pubmed..Endotracheal/endobronchial metastases (EEMs) from nonpulmonary neoplasms are rare. However, their definition and developmental modes have not yet been fully elucidated...
- Komatsu T, Yamazaki H, Shimada N, Nagayama S, Kawaguchi Y, Nakajima M, et al. Involvement of microsomal cytochrome P450 and cytosolic thymidine phosphorylase in 5-fluorouracil formation from tegafur in human liver. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:675-81 pubmed
- Koma Y, Ito A, Watabe K, Kimura S, Kitamura Y. A truncated isoform of the PP2A B56gamma regulatory subunit reduces irradiation-induced Mdm2 phosphorylation and could contribute to metastatic melanoma cell radioresistance. Histol Histopathol. 2004;19:391-400 pubmed publisher..Collectively, deltagamma1 appears to reduce irradiation-induced Mdm2 phosphorylation, which then blocks irradiation-stimulated p53 accumulation. Defects, such as deltagamma1, in PP2A may thus contribute to melanoma cell radioresistance. ..
- Yasuoka C, Ihara Y, Ikeda S, Miyahara Y, Kondo T, Kohno S. Antiapoptotic activity of Akt is down-regulated by Ca2+ in myocardiac H9c2 cells. Evidence of Ca(2+)-dependent regulation of protein phosphatase 2Ac. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51182-92 pubmed..A long term change of [Ca2+]i regulates PP2Acalpha gene transcription via CRE, resulting in a change in the activation status of Akt leading to an altered susceptibility to apoptosis. ..
- Nishikori S, Shiraki K, Okanojo M, Imanaka T, Takagi M. Equilibrium and kinetic stability of a hyperthermophilic protein, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase under various extreme conditions. J Biochem. 2004;136:503-8 pubmed..This slow rate of unfolding under extreme conditions is a significant property that distinguishes Tk-MGMT from mesophilic proteins...
- Yoshimura Y, Ohashi H, Subedi K, Nishibori M, Isobe N. Effects of age, egg-laying activity, and Salmonella-inoculation on the expressions of gallinacin mRNA in the vagina of the hen oviduct. J Reprod Dev. 2006;52:211-8 pubmed..Also, synthesis of these antimicrobial peptides in the vagina may increase in response to SE and LPS to eliminate SE bacteria...
- Gotoh T, Higo Y, Fujita T, Kasuga S. Does the number of diapausing eggs laid on bark affect the population dynamics of the spider mite Panonychus mori?. Exp Appl Acarol. 2006;39:75-83 pubmed..Diapause ended by early April when egg hatchability attained about 50% and eggs took 9 days to hatch at 25 degrees C and a 16L:8D photoperiod. Hatching in early April was twice faster than in late February...
- Fukuda T, Nishimoto C, Miyabe M, Toyooka H. Unilateral adrenalectomy attenuates hemorrhagic shock-induced analgesia in rats. J Anesth. 2007;21:348-53 pubmed..These results suggest that adrenocortical systems play an important role in hemorrhagic shock-induced SIA. ..
- Mori S, Tokuyama K. ACE activity affects myogenic differentiation via mTOR signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:597-602 pubmed..These results suggest that ACE negatively regulates the myotube maturation via impairment of mTOR function. ..
- Maruyama M, Matsunaga T, Harada E, Ohmori S. Comparison of basal gene expression and induction of CYP3As in HepG2 and human fetal liver cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:2091-7 pubmed..Pregnane X receptor mRNA was expressed in HepG2 cells, but not HFL cells. These results indicate that the character of HFL cells with regard to CYP expression was different from that of HepG2 cells. ..
- Miura M, Satoh S, Inoue K, Kagaya H, Saito M, Inoue T, et al. Influence of CYP3A5, ABCB1 and NR1I2 polymorphisms on prednisolone pharmacokinetics in renal transplant recipients. Steroids. 2008;73:1052-9 pubmed publisher..Recipients carrying the NR1I2 7635G allele seemed to possess higher metabolic activity for prednisolone in the intestine, greatly reducing its maximal plasma concentration. ..
- Kakimoto S, Nagakura Y, Tamura S, Watabiki T, Shibasaki K, Tanaka S, et al. Minodronic acid, a third-generation bisphosphonate, antagonizes purinergic P2X(2/3) receptor function and exerts an analgesic effect in pain models. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;589:98-101 pubmed publisher..These unique effects of minodronic acid would be beneficial for the treatment of accelerated bone turnover diseases accompanied by bone pain, including bone metastases. ..
- Watanabe M, Masaoka N, Nakajima Y, Nagaishi M, Yamamoto T. Changes of expression of glucose transporters in the fetal lamb brain after MCI-186 administration to the maternal circulation with 10-min persistent umbilical cord occlusion. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009;22:829-36 pubmed publisher..GLUT-5 was recognised only in Group B. On the basis of expression of GLUT, the protective effect of MCI-186 on brain injury resulting from hypoxia/ ischemia-reperfusion is documented. ..
- Shimomura M, Ushikoshi H, Hattori A, Murata I, Ohno Y, Aoyama T, et al. Treatment with Lindera strychnifolia reduces blood pressure by decreasing sympathetic nerve activity in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:561-8 pubmed..These effects may be related to the decrease in plasma noradrenaline levels by Lindera strychnifolia. ..
- Abe Y, Abe Ouchi A, Sleep N, Zahnle K. Habitable zone limits for dry planets. Astrobiology. 2011;11:443-60 pubmed publisher..It is possible that Venus was a habitable land planet as recently as 1 billion years ago. ..
- Kajii M, Kobayashi F, Kashihara J, Yuuki T, Kubo Y, Nakae T, et al. Intravenous immunoglobulin preparation attenuates neurological signs in rat experimental autoimmune neuritis with the suppression of macrophage inflammatory protein -1? expression. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;266:43-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IVIG is effective for inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy by inhibiting the chemotactic factor of macrophages. ..
- Sonpavde G, Pond G, Choueiri T, Mullane S, Niegisch G, Albers P, et al. Single-agent Taxane Versus Taxane-containing Combination Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2016;69:634-641 pubmed publisher..This retrospective study suggests that a combination of chemotherapy agents may extend survival compared with single-agent chemotherapy in selected patients with metastatic urothelial cancer progressing after prior chemotherapy. ..
- Nakada S, Minato H, Nojima T. Clinicopathological differences between variants of the NAB2-STAT6 fusion gene in solitary fibrous tumors of the meninges and extra-central nervous system. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2016;33:169-74 pubmed publisher..Clinicopathological data, including yearly follow-ups, are required for meningeal SFTs/HPCs to define the correlation of variants of NAB2-STAT6 fusion gene. ..
- Naito Y, Sakai H, Inoue S, Kawaguchi M. Hemoglobin Vesicles prolong the time to circulatory collapse in rats during apnea. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:44 pubmed publisher..The PP20 times in the HbV group were significantly greater than in the Air (P?=?0.0001), Oxy (P?=?0.007) and NS (P?=?0.04) groups. Infusion of oxygenated HbV prolongs the time to circulatory collapse during apnea in rats. ..
- Yotsuyanagi H, Iino S, Koike K, Yasuda K, Hino K, Kurokawa K. Duration of viremia in human hepatitis A viral infection as determined by polymerase chain reaction. J Med Virol. 1993;40:35-8 pubmed..Some patients also had HAV viremia after seroconversion to HAV antibody. These results show that viremia in HAV infection lasts longer than has been previously thought, and give a warning of possible secondary blood-borne infection. ..
- Sakai N, Yamada T, Asao T, Murayama T. A case of urethral recurrence found 15 years after radical cystectomy. Int J Urol. 1999;6:578-80 pubmed..Evidence suggested that urethral recurrence resulted from the implantation from the primary bladder tumor; in addition, the urethral neoplasm had scarcely grown in the penile urethra for 15 years. ..
- Kojima M, Wakai K, Kawamura T, Tamakoshi A, Aoki R, Lin Y, et al. Sleep patterns and total mortality: a 12-year follow-up study in Japan. J Epidemiol. 2000;10:87-93 pubmed..89). These findings were almost unchanged after adjustment for sleep duration and other confounders. Poor self-reported quality of sleep seemed to be associated with an increased risk of mortality independently of sleep duration...
- Takenaka Y, Matsuura T, Haga N, Mitsui Y. Expression of telomerase reverse transcriptase and telomere elongation during sexual maturation in Paramecium caudatum. Gene. 2001;264:153-61 pubmed..caudatum, although a close species, P. tetraurelia, was reported to keep the length constant. We discuss possible mechanisms for the expression of sexual activity associated with telomere length in P. caudatum...
- Tokuda M, Sakuta T, Fushuku A, Torii M, Nagaoka S. Regulation of interleukin-6 expression in human dental pulp cell cultures stimulated with Prevotella intermedia lipopolysaccharide. J Endod. 2001;27:273-7 pubmed..intermedia LPS...
- Noguchi R, Yasui Y, Suzuki R, Hosokawa M, Fukunaga K, Miyashita K. Dietary effects of bitter gourd oil on blood and liver lipids of rats. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;396:207-12 pubmed..The dietary BGO also affected the level of plasma hydroperoxides. A slight but significant increase in hydroperoxides was found in the rats fed 2.0% BGO. This may be attributed to the lower oxidative stability of c9,t11,t13-18:3 in BGO. ..
- Okada M, Nakagawa T, Minami M, Satoh M. Analgesic effects of intrathecal administration of P2Y nucleotide receptor agonists UTP and UDP in normal and neuropathic pain model rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:66-73 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the activation of UTP-sensitive P2Y(2) and/or P2Y(4) receptors and the UDP-sensitive P2Y(6) receptor, in contrast to P2X receptors, produces inhibitory effects on spinal pain transmission. ..
- Yabe U, Sato C, Matsuda T, Kitajima K. Polysialic acid in human milk. CD36 is a new member of mammalian polysialic acid-containing glycoprotein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13875-80 pubmed..PolySia CD36 is secreted in milk at any lactation stage and reaches peak level at 1 month after parturition. Thus, it is suggested that polySia of milk CD36 is significant for neonatal development in terms of protection and nutrition. ..
- Hirota T, Kunitoku N, Sasayama T, Marumoto T, Zhang D, Nitta M, et al. Aurora-A and an interacting activator, the LIM protein Ajuba, are required for mitotic commitment in human cells. Cell. 2003;114:585-98 pubmed..Depletion of Ajuba prevented activation of Aurora-A at centrosomes in late G2 phase and inhibited mitotic entry. Overall, our data suggest that Ajuba is an essential activator of Aurora-A in mitotic commitment. ..
- Harazono K, Nakamura K. Decolorization of mixtures of different reactive textile dyes by the white-rot basidiomycete Phanerochaete sordida and inhibitory effect of polyvinyl alcohol. Chemosphere. 2005;59:63-8 pubmed..Second addition of Tween 80 to the reaction mixtures in the presence of PVA improved the decolorization of RR120. These results suggest that PVA could interfere with lipid peroxidation or subsequent attack to the dye...
- Miyazaki K, Tomii R, Kurome M, Ueda H, Hirakawa K, Ueno S, et al. Evaluation of the quality of porcine somatic cell nuclear transfer embryo by gene transcription profiles. J Reprod Dev. 2005;51:123-31 pubmed..Our study suggests that expression profiles of FGFr72IIIb, IL6ralpha, and Xist can be used as markers for the diagnosis of the developmental potency of porcine nuclear transfer embryos...
- Ichinose S, Yamagata K, Sekiya I, Muneta T, Tagami M. Detailed examination of cartilage formation and endochondral ossification using human mesenchymal stem cells. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:561-70 pubmed..8. The findings of the present study indicate that our three-dimensional culture is a convenient in vitro model for the investigation of the regulatory mechanisms of cartilage formation and endochondral ossification. ..
- Yamamuro M, Yoshimura M, Nakayama M, Abe K, Shono M, Suzuki S, et al. Direct effects of aldosterone on cardiomyocytes in the presence of normal and elevated extracellular sodium. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1314-21 pubmed
- Suzuki S, Masui Y, Ohnuki M, Miyakoda G, Mori T, Nakajima K, et al. Induction of metallothionein synthesis by cilostazol in mice and in human cultured neuronal cell lines. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:791-4 pubmed..The contribution of the anti-oxidative effect of MT to the anti-stroke effect of Cilostazol was discussed. ..
- Yorimitsu M, Okada S, Yamaguchi Shima N, Shimizu T, Arai J, Yokotani K. Role of brain adrenoceptors in the corticortopin-releasing factor-induced central activation of sympatho-adrenomedullary outflow in rats. Life Sci. 2008;82:487-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, central alpha(2) adrenoceptors are involved in modulating the CRF-induced elevation of both plasma catecholamines. ..
- Asano Y, Fukuta Y, Yoshida Y, Komeda H. The screening, characterization, and use of omega-laurolactam hydrolase: a new enzymatic synthesis of 12-aminolauric acid. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2141-50 pubmed..5.2.12) from Arthrobacter sp. KI72 and Pseudomonas sp. NK87. Enzymatic synthesis of 12-aminolauric acid was performed using partially purified omega-laurolactam hydrolase from Rhodococcus sp. U224. ..
- Takemoto Y, Kawata H, Soeda T, Imagawa K, Somekawa S, Takeda Y, et al. Human placental ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase gene transfer via gelatin-coated stents prevents in-stent thrombosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:857-62 pubmed publisher..Human pE-NTPDase gene transfer via cationic gelatin-coated stents inhibited subacute in-stent thrombosis and suppressed neointimal hyperplasia and inflammation without antiplatelet drugs. ..
- Masuo T, Okamura S, Zhang Y, Mori M. Cyclosporine A inhibits colorectal cancer proliferation probably by regulating expression levels of c-Myc, p21(WAF1/CIP1) and proliferating cell nuclear antigen. Cancer Lett. 2009;285:66-72 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CaN promotes colorectal cancer proliferation probably by regulating levels of c-Myc, p21(WAF1/CIP1), and PCNA. ..
- Hiyoshi Y, Watanabe M, Hirashima K, Karashima R, Sato N, Imamura Y, et al. p12CDK2-AP1 is associated with tumor progression and a poor prognosis in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:35-9 pubmed..05). These results suggest the down-regulation of p12CDK2-AP1 to be related to tumor aggressiveness and a poor prognosis in patients with ESCC. ..
- Higo N, Nishimura Y, Murata Y, Oishi T, Yoshino Saito K, Takahashi M, et al. Increased expression of the growth-associated protein 43 gene in the sensorimotor cortex of the macaque monkey after lesioning the lateral corticospinal tract. J Comp Neurol. 2009;516:493-506 pubmed publisher..The expression patterns imply that plastic changes occur not only in M1 but also in the broad associative cortical network, including the ventral premotor and primary sensory areas...
- Nagata Y, Takahashi A, Ohnishi K, Ota I, Ohnishi T, Tojo T, et al. Effect of rapamycin, an mTOR inhibitor, on radiation sensitivity of lung cancer cells having different p53 gene status. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1001-10 pubmed..Taken together, inhibition of the mTOR signal may be a promising strategy for radiosensitization with no relevance to p53 gene status from the aspects of cell lethality and cell growth depression. ..
- Kimura H, Mori K, Nashimoto H, Hanada S, Kato K. In situ biomass production of a hot spring sulfur-turf microbial mat. Microbes Environ. 2010;25:140-3 pubmed..at 70°C. The sulfur-turf-associated microbial community likely contributes to carbon fixation and primary production in this geothermal habitat. ..
- Oki E, Sakaguchi Y, Ohgaki K, Minami K, Yasuo S, Akimoto T, et al. Surgical complications and the risk factors of totally laparoscopic distal gastrectomy. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011;21:146-50 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that TLDG can be performed with acceptable perioperative complication rates, although a longer operation time may cause a higher frequency of postoperative complications. ..
- Ishii M, Shibata R, Numaguchi Y, Kito T, Suzuki H, Shimizu K, et al. Enhanced angiogenesis by transplantation of mesenchymal stem cell sheet created by a novel magnetic tissue engineering method. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2210-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated a therapeutic potential of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) sheet created by a novel magnetite tissue engineering technology for reparative angiogenesis...
- Kenji N, Ihama Y, Fukasawa M, Nagai T, Fuke C, Miyazaki T. Morphologic investigation of injury caused by locally applied negative pressure in a rat model. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2012;14:21-6 pubmed publisher..We here reveal the morphologic changes induced by local negative pressure and discuss possible mechanisms of negative pressure-induced injury. ..
- Imamura K, Shirao T, Mori K, Obata K. Changes of drebrin expression in the visual cortex of the cat during development. Neurosci Res. 1992;13:33-41 pubmed
- Tsutsumi K, Nakashima H, Kotegawa T, Nakano S. Influence of food on the absorption of beta-methyldigoxin. J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;32:157-62 pubmed..The results indicate that the timing of drug administration in relation to a meal is an important factor leading to the fluctuations of serum glycoside concentration after oral beta-MD, which might be of some clinical importance. ..
- Kai C, Yoshikawa Y, Yamanouchi K. Activation of complement in quails bearing Rous sarcoma virus-induced tumors. J Vet Med Sci. 1995;57:1077-80 pubmed..C3 deposition was also observed in almost all tumor cells at the tumor developing stage. These findings obtained in vivo suggest that the cells transformed by RSV activated the C3 on their surfaces...
- Tsuji H, Harada A, Mukaida N, Nakanuma Y, Bluethmann H, Kaneko S, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor p55 is essential for intrahepatic granuloma formation and hepatocellular apoptosis in a murine model of bacterium-induced fulminant hepatitis. Infect Immun. 1997;65:1892-8 pubmed..These results suggest that TNFRp55 but not Fas was involved in P. acnes-induced granuloma formation as well as subsequent LPS-induced liver injury and that TNFRp55 and Fas independently induced apoptosis of hepatocytes in vivo. ..
- Kasuga M, Liu Q, Miura S, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K. Improving plant drought, salt, and freezing tolerance by gene transfer of a single stress-inducible transcription factor. Nat Biotechnol. 1999;17:287-91 pubmed
- Yang J, Furukawa S, Sagisaka A, Ishibashi J, Taniai K, Shono T, et al. cDNA cloning and gene expression of cecropin D, an antibacterial protein in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 1999;122:409-14 pubmed..Additionally, the gene is expressed mainly in the fat body and slightly in hemocytes, but it is undetectable in other tissues such as the midgut, the Malpighian tubule and silk gland...
- Yokogawa K, Takahashi M, Tamai I, Konishi H, Nomura M, Moritani S, et al. P-glycoprotein-dependent disposition kinetics of tacrolimus: studies in mdr1a knockout mice. Pharm Res. 1999;16:1213-8 pubmed..The brain distribution of FK506 is dominated by the P-glycoprotein-mediated drug efflux and presumably also by the binding to FK-binding proteins (immunophilins) in the brain. ..
- Nguyen T, Hayakawa T, Tsuge H. Effect of vitamin B6 deficiency on the synthesis and accumulation of S-adenosylhomocysteine and S-adenosylmethionine in rat tissues. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2001;47:188-94 pubmed..These may lead to inhibition of transmethylation reaction of DNA, RNA and protein, the synthesis and function of thymic lymphocyte and result in damage to tissues. ..
- Morita D, Miyoshi K, Matsui Y, Toh e A, Shinkawa H, Miyakawa T, et al. Rpf2p, an evolutionarily conserved protein, interacts with ribosomal protein L11 and is essential for the processing of 27 SB Pre-rRNA to 25 S rRNA and the 60 S ribosomal subunit assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28780-6 pubmed..An analysis of processing intermediates by primer extension shows that the Rpf2p depletion leads to an accumulation of 27 SB pre-rRNA, suggesting that Rpf2p is required for the processing of 27 SB into 25 S rRNA. ..
- Ozaki N. Visually enhanced CCTV digital surveillance utilizing Intranet and Internet. ISA Trans. 2002;41:303-15 pubmed..Multimedia surveillance, which is the merger with process data surveillance, or the SCADA system, is also explained. ..
- Ueno M, Nakayama H, Kajikawa S, Katayama K, Suzuki K, Doi K. Expression of ribosomal protein L4 (rpL4) during neurogenesis and 5-azacytidine (5AzC)-induced apoptotic process in the rat. Histol Histopathol. 2002;17:789-98 pubmed publisher..From the results, it is suggested that rpL4 would have certain roles in cell proliferation and differentiation during neurogenesis, but have no roles in 5AzC-induced apoptosis in the fetal brain. ..
- Foxton R, Pereira P, Masatoshi N, Tagami J, Miura H. Long-term durability of the dual-cure resin cement/silicon oxide ceramic bond. J Adhes Dent. 2002;4:125-35 pubmed..To determine the effects of using a ceramic primer, ceramic bonding agent, or a combination of primer/bonding agent on the long-term durability of the dual-cure resin cement/silicon oxide ceramic bond...
- Ishikawa M, Mizukami K, Iwakiri M, Hidaka S, Kamma H, Asada T. Alterations of heterogeneous nuclear RNP A2 and B1 in the hippocampus of the rat after perforant pathway lesion. Acta Neuropathol. 2004;107:144-8 pubmed..Our study further suggests that the functions of hnRNPA2 and B1 are different, as each was differentially involved in the plastic response to deafferentation of the perforant pathway. ..
- Mikami T, Satoh N, Hatayama I, Nakane A. Buthionine sulfoximine inhibits cytopathic effect and apoptosis induced by infection with human echovirus 9. Arch Virol. 2004;149:1117-28 pubmed..This finding suggests that enteroviral infections cause apoptosis through the activation of a common pathway that can be inhibited by BSO. ..
- Tsushima K, Koizumi T, Yoshikawa S, Obata T, Kubo K. Polymyxin B immobilized column is effective for hydrochloric acid-induced lung injury in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;535:270-9 pubmed..Direct hemoperfusion using polymyxin B immobilized column treatment affects the recruitment of circulating neutrophils to the lungs due to the decrease in mediators for non-endotoxic lung injury...
- Roh S, Kuno M, Hishikawa D, Hong Y, Katoh K, Obara Y, et al. Identification of differentially expressed transcripts in bovine rumen and abomasum using a differential display method. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:395-403 pubmed..05) in the abomasum with weaning and age. This indicates that the 4 tissues, especially the rumen and abomasum, have different developmental pathways after birth and subsequent onset of rumination. ..
- Nakagawa M, Kinouchi K, Miyagawa Y, Iura A, Shimizu T, Kitamura S. [7-year survey of anesthesia for cesarean section--comparison of tetracaine and bupivacaine as intrathecal anesthetic agents]. Masui. 2007;56:61-8 pubmed..This suggests that bupivacaine provides the more profound blockade of the visceral pain than tetracaine, and is superior as a local anesthetic. ..
- Sato H, Nave R, Nonaka T, Yoshihisa N, Atsuhiro N, Mochizuki T, et al. Uptake and metabolism of ciclesonide and retention of desisobutyryl-ciclesonide for up to 24 hours in rabbit nasal mucosa. BMC Pharmacol. 2007;7:7 pubmed
- Koyama Y, Baba A, Matsuda T. Intracerebroventricular administration of an endothelin ETB receptor agonist increases expression of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -3 in rat brain. Neuroscience. 2007;147:620-30 pubmed..These findings indicate that activation of brain ET(B) receptors causes production of TIMP-1 and TIMP-3, and suggest the involvement of astrocytes in ET-induced TIMP production. ..
- Kojima T, Freitas P, Ubaidus S, Suzuki A, Li M, Yoshizawa M, et al. Histochemical examinations on cortical bone regeneration induced by thermoplastic bioresorbable plates applied to bone defects of rat calvariae. Biomed Res. 2007;28:219-29 pubmed..Thus, our study has provided histological evidences of cortical osteogenesis when DeltaSystem plates are used for bone augmentation procedures. ..
- Azuma H, Hirayama J, Akino M, Miura R, Kiyama Y, Imai K, et al. Reduction in adverse reactions to platelets by the removal of plasma supernatant and resuspension in a new additive solution (M-sol). Transfusion. 2009;49:214-8 pubmed publisher..No clinically evident bleeding episodes were recorded. W/R-PC suspended in M-sol in the presence of less than 20 mL plasma can be transfused safely and eliminate a wide range of adverse reactions to plasma-PC. ..
- Kidera Y, Tsubaki M, Yamazoe Y, Shoji K, Nakamura H, Ogaki M, et al. Reduction of lung metastasis, cell invasion, and adhesion in mouse melanoma by statin-induced blockade of the Rho/Rho-associated coiled-coil-containing protein kinase pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:127 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated whether statins inhibit tumor cell migration, invasion, adhesion, and metastasis in the B16BL6 mouse melanoma cell line...
- Fukuda S, Kawana K, Yasuno Y, Oshika T. Wound architecture of clear corneal incision with or without stromal hydration observed with 3-dimensional optical coherence tomography. Am J Ophthalmol. 2011;151:413-9.e1 pubmed publisher..Using the 3-D cornea and anterior segment optical coherence tomography, detailed architectures of the clear corneal incision were investigated. It was found that the effect of stromal hydration lasted for at least 1 week after surgery. ..