Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in Italy
Topic: time factors
Publications497 found, 100 shown here
- Zerani M, Dall Aglio C, Maranesi M, Gobbetti A, Brecchia G, Mercati F, et al. Intraluteal regulation of prostaglandin F2 alpha-induced prostaglandin biosynthesis in pseudopregnant rabbits. Reproduction. 2007;133:1005-16 pubmed
- Fabbretti A, Milon P, Giuliodori A, Gualerzi C, Pon C. Real-time dynamics of ribosome-ligand interaction by time-resolved chemical probing methods. Methods Enzymol. 2007;430:45-58 pubmed..These methods allow the investigation of the path and dynamics, in a approximately equal 50 to 1500ms time range, of the binding and dissociation of ribosomal ligands. ..
- Pochini L, Scalise M, Indiveri C. Inactivation by omeprazole of the carnitine transporter (OCTN2) reconstituted in liposomes. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;179:394-401 pubmed publisher..The pharmacological compound was not transported by the reconstituted transporter. The possible in vivo implications of the interaction of omeprazole with the transporter are discussed...
- Asioli S, Righi A, de Biase D, Morandi L, Caliendo V, Picciotto F, et al. Expression of p63 is the sole independent marker of aggressiveness in localised (stage I-II) Merkel cell carcinomas. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:1451-61 pubmed publisher..0001). The present data indicate that p63 expression is associated with a worse prognosis in patients with Merkel cell carcinoma, and in localised tumours it represents the single independent predictor of clinical evolution. ..
- Tullo V, Allais G, Curone M, Ferrari M, Omboni S, Benedetto C, et al. Frovatriptan versus zolmitriptan for the acute treatment of migraine with aura: a subgroup analysis of a double-blind, randomized, multicenter, Italian study. Neurol Sci. 2012;33 Suppl 1:S61-4 pubmed publisher..3 vs. 8.3 % zolmitriptan). Our study suggests that frovatriptan is superior to zolmitriptan in the immediate treatment of patients with migraine with aura, and it is capable of maintaining its acute analgesic effect over 48 h. ..
- Baldovin T, Mel R, Bertoncello C, Carpenè G, Soppelsa F, Giliberti A, et al. Persistence of immunity to tick-borne encephalitis after vaccination and natural infection. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1274-8 pubmed publisher..In subjects aged 60 years or older, booster doses should be given every 3 years. ..
- Vagnozzi R, Signoretti S, Floris R, Marziali S, Manara M, Amorini A, et al. Decrease in N-acetylaspartate following concussion may be coupled to decrease in creatine. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2013;28:284-92 pubmed publisher..This provokes longer time for normalization of metabolism, as well as longer time for resolution of concussion-associated clinical symptoms. ..
- De Angelis R, Sant M, Coleman M, Francisci S, Baili P, Pierannunzio D, et al. Cancer survival in Europe 1999-2007 by country and age: results of EUROCARE--5-a population-based study. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:23-34 pubmed publisher..Major changes in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation occurred in the early 2000s. EUROCARE-5 assesses their effect on cancer survival in 29 European countries...
- Marastoni S, Andreuzzi E, Paulitti A, Colladel R, Pellicani R, Todaro F, et al. EMILIN2 down-modulates the Wnt signalling pathway and suppresses breast cancer cell growth and migration. J Pathol. 2014;232:391-404 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings provide further evidence of the complex regulations governed by EMILIN2 in the tumour microenvironment, and they identify a key extracellular regulator of the Wnt signalling pathway. ..
- Zangari R, Zanier E, Torgano G, Bersano A, Beretta S, Beghi E, et al. Early ficolin-1 is a sensitive prognostic marker for functional outcome in ischemic stroke. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:16 pubmed publisher..95, CI 95 % 0.90-0.99, p = 0.0001). The ficolins are consumed within 6 h after stroke implicating activation of the LP. Early ficolin-1 is selectively related to 3-month unfavorable outcome. ..
- Dalla Paola L, Carone A, Baglioni M, Boscarino G, Vasilache L. Extension and grading of osteomyelitis are not related to limb salvage in Charcot neuropathic osteoarthropathy: A cohort prospective study. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:608-12 pubmed publisher..The localization of Charcot deformity and the extent/stage of osteomyelitis did not change the rate of limb salvage. ..
- Ariotti S, Adamo M, Costa F, Patialiakas A, Briguori C, Thury A, et al. Is Bare-Metal Stent Implantation Still Justifiable in High Bleeding Risk Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention?: A Pre-Specified Analysis From the ZEUS Trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:426-36 pubmed publisher..Zotarolimus-Eluting Endeavor Sprint Stent in Uncertain DES Candidates [ZEUS]; NCT01385319). ..
- Galli M, Oreni L, Saccardo F, Castelnovo L, Filippini D, Marson P, et al. HCV-unrelated cryoglobulinaemic vasculitis: the results of a prospective observational study by the Italian Group for the Study of Cryoglobulinaemias (GISC). Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35 Suppl 103:67-76 pubmed..HCV-unrelated CV is a multifaceted and often disabling disorder. The associated conditions influence its clinical severity, giving rise to significantly different clinical and laboratory profiles and outcomes. ..
- Pezzagno G, Maestri L, Fiorentino M. Trans,trans-muconic acid, a biological indicator to low levels of environmental benzene: some aspects of its specificity. Am J Ind Med. 1999;35:511-8 pubmed..5 ppm (current threshold limit value according to ACGIH). In conclusion, MA is not a sufficiently specific biomarker of low benzene exposure; a significant effect of SA ingestion is predictable. ..
- Limbruno U, Petronio A, Amoroso G, Baglini R, Paterni G, Merelli A, et al. The impact of coronary artery disease on the coronary vasomotor response to nonionic contrast media. Circulation. 2000;101:491-7 pubmed..CAD changes normal epicardial vasodilatory response into vasoconstriction. ..
- De Medici D, Ciccozzi M, Fiore A, Di Pasquale S, Parlato A, Ricci Bitti P, et al. Closed-circuit system for the depuration of mussels experimentally contaminated with hepatitis A virus. J Food Prot. 2001;64:877-80 pubmed..These results show that depuration, even if performed with advanced systems, may not guarantee the absence of virus. ..
- Casazza A, Rossini S, Rosso M, Soave C. Mutational and expression analysis of ELIP1 and ELIP2 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:41-51 pubmed
- De Nardi P, Ortolano E, Radaelli G, Staudacher C. Comparison of glycerine trinitrate and botulinum toxin-a for the treatment of chronic anal fissure: long-term results. Dis Colon Rectum. 2006;49:427-32 pubmed..None had fecal incontinence. Both treatments may be considered as first-line treatment even if less effective than surgery. ..
- Saverino D, Brizzolara R, Simone R, Chiappori A, Milintenda Floriani F, Pesce G, et al. Soluble CTLA-4 in autoimmune thyroid diseases: relationship with clinical status and possible role in the immune response dysregulation. Clin Immunol. 2007;123:190-8 pubmed..Conversely, higher levels of sCTLA-4 could compete with membrane-bound CTLA-4 for CD80/CD86, in later T lymphocytes activation phase, causing a reduction of inhibitory signaling. ..
- Cirri M, Maestrelli F, Corti G, Mura P, Valleri M. Fast-dissolving tablets of glyburide based on ternary solid dispersions with PEG 6000 and surfactants. Drug Deliv. 2007;14:247-55 pubmed..The best product was the 10:80:10 w/w ternary dispersion with PEG 6000 and sodium laurylsulphate, showing a dissolution efficiency 5.5-fold greater than the reference tablet formulation and 100% drug dissolution after only 20 min. ..
- Boccagni C, Carpaneto J, Micera S, Bagnato S, Galardi G. Motion analysis in cervical dystonia. Neurol Sci. 2008;29:375-81 pubmed publisher..Fastrack system is a sensitive tool in kinematic evaluation of CD, as it provides useful quantitative information on rest position and on motion in CD patients and may consequently improve the management of this disease. ..
- Martinelli G, Schmitz S, Utiger U, Cerny T, Hess U, Bassi S, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with follicular lymphoma receiving single-agent rituximab at two different schedules in trial SAKK 35/98. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:4480-4 pubmed publisher..An important proportion of patients experienced long-term remission after prolonged exposure to rituximab, particularly if they had no prior treatment and responded to rituximab induction. ..
- Cignarelli A, Melchiorre M, Peschechera A, Conserva A, Renna L, Miccoli S, et al. Role of UBC9 in the regulation of the adipogenic program in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5255-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, UBC9 appears to play an important role in adipogenesis. The temporal profile of UBC9 induction and its ability to affect C/EBP? mRNA induction support a role for this protein during early adipogenesis. ..
- Iosa M, Fusco A, Morone G, Pratesi L, Coiro P, Venturiero V, et al. Assessment of upper-body dynamic stability during walking in patients with subacute stroke. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2012;49:439-50 pubmed..Our findings are an important step toward transferring accelerometry from human movement analysis laboratories to clinical settings. ..
- Di Gioacchino M, Cavallucci E, Ballone E, Cervone M, Di Rocco P, Piunti E, et al. Dose-dependent clinical and immunological efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy with mite monomeric allergoid. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:671-9 pubmed..Notably, the group treated with the higher dose showed significantly better clinical and immunological results. The efficacy of LAIS is correlated to the immune modulation in a clear dose-dependent effect. ..
- Marchisio P, Varricchio A, Baggi E, Bianchini S, Capasso M, Torretta S, et al. Hypertonic saline is more effective than normal saline in seasonal allergic rhinitis in children. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:721-30 pubmed..Our data suggest that nasal irrigation with hypertonic saline might be included in the wide spectrum of therapies recommended for grass-pollen AR. ..
- Ciconte G, Ottaviano L, De Asmundis C, Baltogiannis G, Conte G, Sieira J, et al. Pulmonary vein isolation as index procedure for persistent atrial fibrillation: One-year clinical outcome after ablation using the second-generation cryoballoon. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:60-6 pubmed publisher..Phrenic nerve palsy is the most common complication. PersAF duration and relapses during the BP appear to be significant predictors of arrhythmic recurrences. ..
- Pagano A, Crooijmans R, Groenen M, Randazzo N, Zerega B, Cancedda R, et al. A chondrogenesis-related lipocalin cluster includes a third new gene, CALgamma. Gene. 2003;305:185-94 pubmed
- Stracci F, Canosa A, Minelli L, Petrinelli A, Cassetti T, Romagnoli C, et al. Cancer mortality trends in the Umbria region of Italy 1978-2004: a joinpoint regression analysis. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:10 pubmed..Besides gastric cancer, tobacco-related cancers and prostate cancer mainly contributed to mortality reduction in males, whereas breast cancer mainly contributed to declining mortality in females. ..
- Feltracco P, Barbieri S, Furnari M, Milevoj M, Rizzi S, Galligioni H, et al. Central nervous system infectious complications early after liver transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1216-22 pubmed publisher..Clinical response to medical therapy may sometimes be poor because of chronic encapsulation of the pathogen, development of resistance, and/or catastrophic hemorrhagic complications...
- Amato A, Radaelli F, Dinelli M, Crosta C, Cengia G, Beretta P, et al. Early and delayed complications of polypectomy in a community setting: The SPoC prospective multicentre trial. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:43-8 pubmed publisher..4% risk of major complications. Polyp size and, inversely, right-sided location were associated with early bleeding; the use of antithrombotics increased the risk of delayed events. ..
- Melcangi R, Maggi R, Martini L. Testosterone and progesterone metabolism in the human neuroblastoma cell line SH-SY5Y. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1993;46:811-8 pubmed..It is suggested that the SH-SY5Y cell line may represent a useful "in vitro" model for the study of the mechanisms involved in the control of androgen and P metabolism in nervous cells. ..
- Melloni G, Muttini S, Gallioli G, Carretta A, Cozzi S, Gemma M, et al. Surgical tracheostomy versus percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy. A prospective-randomized study with long-term follow-up. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2002;43:113-21 pubmed..Late tracheal complications were more frequent, although the difference was not statistically-significant, in the PDT group. Further investigations of long-term outcome following PDT are therefore necessary. ..
- Di Lorenzo G, Pacor M, Vignola A, Profita M, Esposito Pellitteri M, Biasi D, et al. Urinary metabolites of histamine and leukotrienes before and after placebo-controlled challenge with ASA and food additives in chronic urticaria patients. Allergy. 2002;57:1180-6 pubmed..Our results show that urinary excretion of N-MH and LTE4 is different for CU patients without ASA or food hypersensitivity, compared to those with CU with ASA or food additive hypersensitivity after specific challenge. ..
- Giuseppe L, Attilio G, Edoardo D, Loredana G, Cristina L, Vincenzo L. Ovarian function after cancer treatment in young women affected by Hodgkin disease (HD). Hematology. 2007;12:141-7 pubmed..In conclusion, ovarian reserve evaluation, in young patients treated by CHT, can be performed by AFC. GnRH-a treatment does not have a protective effect, but could delay the development of ovarian failure. ..
- Pugliese A, Coppi E, Volpini R, Cristalli G, Corradetti R, Jeong L, et al. Role of adenosine A3 receptors on CA1 hippocampal neurotransmission during oxygen-glucose deprivation episodes of different duration. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:768-79 pubmed..Severe ischemia would transform the A3 receptor-mediated effects from protective to injurious. ..
- Bagnardi V, Zatonski W, Scotti L, La Vecchia C, Corrao G. Does drinking pattern modify the effect of alcohol on the risk of coronary heart disease? Evidence from a meta-analysis. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2008;62:615-9 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that binge and heavy irregular drinking modify the favourable effect of alcohol intake on the CHD risk. However, this conclusion should be taken with caution because of the small number of studies considered. ..
- Bruzzoniti M, De Carlo R, Sarzanini C. Determination of sulfonic acids and alkylsulfates by ion chromatography in water. Talanta. 2008;75:734-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first application of an ion-exchange chromatographic method to a seawater sample for this kind of analytes. ..
- Carafa R, Marinov D, Dueri S, Wollgast J, Giordani G, Viaroli P, et al. A bioaccumulation model for herbicides in Ulva rigida and Tapes philippinarum in Sacca di Goro lagoon (Northern Adriatic). Chemosphere. 2009;74:1044-52 pubmed publisher..Further research is necessary to elucidate the role and importance of the metabolism of these compounds by clams...
- Orlandi A, Di Lascio A, Francesconi A, Scioli M, Arcuri G, Ferlosio A, et al. Stem cell marker expression and proliferation and apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3889-97 pubmed
- Cremonesi A, Gieowarsingh S, Spagnolo B, Manetti R, Liso A, Furgieri A, et al. Safety, efficacy and long-term durability of endovascular therapy for carotid artery disease: the tailored-Carotid Artery Stenting Experience of a single high-volume centre (tailored-CASE Registry). EuroIntervention. 2009;5:589-98 pubmed..Results from this large cohort show that carotid stenting in a real-world setting is safe and efficacious, and durable in the long-term prevention of stroke. ..
- Fiammenghi L, Ancarani V, Rosales T, Knutson J, Petrini M, Granato A, et al. FRET microscopy autologous tumor lysate processing in mature dendritic cell vaccine therapy. J Transl Med. 2010;8:52 pubmed publisher..These observations support the rationale for immunogenic efficacy of autologous tumor lysates. ..
- Rota Nodari L, Ferrari D, Giani F, Bossi M, Rodriguez Menendez V, Tredici G, et al. Long-term survival of human neural stem cells in the ischemic rat brain upon transient immunosuppression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14035 pubmed publisher..This work further supports hNSCs as a reliable and safe source of cells for transplantation therapy in neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Viola G, Bortolozzi R, Hamel E, Moro S, Brun P, Castagliuolo I, et al. MG-2477, a new tubulin inhibitor, induces autophagy through inhibition of the Akt/mTOR pathway and delayed apoptosis in A549 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:16-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that the autophagy induced by MG-2477 delayed apoptosis by exerting an adaptive response following microtubule damage. ..
- Ceccarelli F, D Alfonso S, Perricone C, Carlomagno Y, Alessandri C, Croia C, et al. The role of eight polymorphisms in three candidate genes in determining the susceptibility, phenotype, and response to anti-TNF therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2012;30:939-42 pubmed..For the first time, in an Italian cohort, we report the association between -156G/GG in OPN gene and RA susceptibility. Short-term response to anti-TNF therapy was not influenced by the genetic variants studied. ..
- Rizzi M, Sarzi Puttini P, Airoldi A, Antivalle M, Battellino M, Atzeni F. Performance capacity evaluated using the 6-minute walk test: 5-year results in patients with diffuse systemic sclerosis and initial interstitial lung disease. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S142-7 pubmed..In SSc combined 6MWT, DLCO and its components may indicate patients at increased risk of developing pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Greenbaum L, Fila M, Ardissino G, Al Akash S, Evans J, Henning P, et al. Eculizumab is a safe and effective treatment in pediatric patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome. Kidney Int. 2016;89:701-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings establish the efficacy and safety of eculizumab for pediatric patients with aHUS and are consistent with proposed immediate eculizumab initiation following diagnosis in children. ..
- Micari A, Nerla R, Vadalà G, Castriota F, Grattoni C, Liso A, et al. 2-Year Results of Paclitaxel-Coated Balloons for Long Femoropopliteal Artery Disease: Evidence From the SFA-Long Study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:728-734 pubmed publisher..PCBs benefits on primary patency and target vessel revascularization satisfactorily extend over 24 months in patients undergoing percutaneous transluminal angioplasty for symptomatic femoropopliteal disease. ..
- Ballesio L, Maggi C, Savelli S, Angeletti M, Rabuffi P, Manganaro L, et al. Adjunctive diagnostic value of ultrasonography evaluation in patients with suspected ductal breast disease. Radiol Med. 2007;112:354-65 pubmed..US can be used as a complementary imaging method to galactography or as a valuable alternative when galactography is not available. ..
- Carnio S, Serena E, Rossi C, De Coppi P, Elvassore N, Vitiello L. Three-dimensional porous scaffold allows long-term wild-type cell delivery in dystrophic muscle. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2011;5:1-10 pubmed publisher..Importantly, time-course experiments indicated that the scaffolds acted as a cell reservoir, although cell migration was mostly contained within 400 µm from the scaffold-host tissue interface. ..
- Kasemi H, Marino M, Dionisi C, Di Angelo C, Fadda G. Seven-Year Approach Evolution of the Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease Endovascular Treatment. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;30:277-85 pubmed publisher..The Y-guidewire configuration technique for the aortic bifurcation reconstruction may render the procedure more feasible. More cases and longer follow-up are necessary before the widespread use of this technique. ..
- Merlo G, Zerega B, Paleari L, Trombino S, Mantero S, Levi G. Multiple functions of Dlx genes. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:619-26 pubmed..As for most transcription factors, these genes seem to have multiple functions at different stages of development or in different tissues and cell types. ..
- Spada M, Corno V, Colledan M, Segalin A, Lucianetti A, Torre G, et al. Rejection and tacrolimus conversion therapy in paediatric liver transplantation. Transpl Int. 2000;13 Suppl 1:S341-4 pubmed..In conclusion, our study confirms that tacrolimus is an effective rescue therapy for paediatric liver transplantation. ..
- Calabrese C, Di Febo G, Areni A, Scialpi C, Biasco G, Miglioli M. Pantoprazole, azithromycin and tinidazole: short duration triple therapy for eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2000;14:1613-7 pubmed..This short triple therapy is effective for H. pylori eradication. The compliance was excellent and side-effects negligible. Moreover, the pantoprazole pre-treatment did not modify the efficacy of the therapy. ..
- Baroni G, Pedrocchi A, Ferrigno G, Massion J, Pedotti A. Static and dynamic postural control in long-term microgravity: evidence of a dual adaptation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:205-15 pubmed..Although this study was based on only two subjects, evidence is provided that static and dynamic postural control might be under two separate mechanisms, adapting with their specific time course to the constraints of microgravity...
- Buscemi G, Savio C, Zannini L, Miccichè F, Masnada D, Nakanishi M, et al. Chk2 activation dependence on Nbs1 after DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5214-22 pubmed..Altogether, these findings underscore the crucial role of a functional Nbs1 complex in Chk2 activation and suggest that checkpoint defects in NBS cells may result from the inability to activate Chk2. ..
- Passali D, Mazzei T, Novelli A, Fallani S, Dentico P, Mezzedimi C, et al. Amoxicillin/clavulanate in chronic rhinosinusitis: tissue and serum distribution. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 2001;55:259-64 pubmed
- Garofalo M, Borioni R, Nardi P, Turani F, Bertoldo F, Forlani S, et al. Early diagnosis of acute mesenteric ischemia after cardiopulmonary bypass. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2002;43:455-9 pubmed..A high index of suspicion for mesenteric ischemia after cardiopulmonary bypass should be considered in patients with conditions of hypoperfusion. The early laboratory signs of AMI might be searched during the first postoperative hours. ..
- Ferrari M, Mezzopane R, Bulfoni A, Grijuela B, Carminati R, Ferrazzi E, et al. Surgical treatment of ovarian dermoid cysts: a comparison between laparoscopic and vaginal removal. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2003;109:88-91 pubmed..Vaginal approach to the removal of dermoid cysts can be considered a safe alternative procedure to laparoscopy. ..
- Cirri P, Taddei M, Chiarugi P, Buricchi F, Caselli A, Paoli P, et al. Insulin inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-induced cell proliferation. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:73-83 pubmed..The latter is very likely to be responsible for the insulin-dependent inhibition of PDGF-receptor mitogenic signaling. ..
- Pandini A, Bonati L. Conservation and specialization in PAS domain dynamics. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2005;18:127-37 pubmed..These findings may give insight into unknown mechanisms of PAS domains and guide further experimental studies...
- Navari Izzo F, Cestone B, Cavallini A, Natali L, Giordani T, Quartacci M. Copper excess triggers phospholipase D activity in wheat roots. Phytochemistry. 2006;67:1232-42 pubmed..The G protein inhibitor suramin as well as the PLD antagonist 1-butanol abolished copper-induced superoxide production. ..
- Boschetti F, Tomei A, Turri S, Swartz M, Levi M. Design, fabrication, and characterization of a composite scaffold for bone tissue engineering. Int J Artif Organs. 2008;31:697-707 pubmed
- Chiesa R, Marone E, Tshomba Y, Logaldo D, Castellano R, Melissano G. Aortobifemoral bypass grafting using expanded polytetrafluoroethylene stretch grafts in patients with occlusive atherosclerotic disease. Ann Vasc Surg. 2009;23:764-9 pubmed publisher..1% infection rate) in the series. Our long-term experience with ePTFE stretch grafts in aortoiliac and aortofemoral reconstruction shows that these prostheses have a high rate of patency and a low rate of graft-related complications. ..
- Giachetti L, Bertini F, Bambi C, Nieri M, Scaminaci Russo D. A randomized clinical trial comparing at-home and in-office tooth whitening techniques: A nine-month follow-up. J Am Dent Assoc. 2010;141:1357-64 pubmed..Both techniques produced satisfactory and long-lasting bleaching results. In young adults, either the at-home or the in-office technique can be used effectively. ..
- Quintas R, Cerniauskaite M, Ajovalasit D, Sattin D, Boncoraglio G, Parati E, et al. Describing functioning, disability, and health with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health Brief Core Set for Stroke. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012;91:S14-21 pubmed publisher..It is a brief and useful instrument to use in clinical practice and it can be proposed as a "starting point" to plan interventions and organize services for patients after stroke. ..
- Drago L, De Vecchi E, Mattina R, Romano C. Activity of N-acetyl-L-cysteine against biofilm of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa on orthopedic prosthetic materials. Int J Artif Organs. 2013;36:39-46 pubmed publisher..This study assessed the activity of N-acetyl-L-cysteine at inhibitory and subinhibitory concentrations against biofilm formed by S. aureus and P. aeruginosa on prosthetic materials.?..
- Di Renzo D, Aguiar L, Cascini V, Di Nicola M, McCarten K, Ellsworth P, et al. Long-term followup of primary nonrefluxing megaureter. J Urol. 2013;190:1021-6 pubmed publisher..Long-term followup is recommended because symptoms can develop years later. Washout pattern and age at presentation are statistically significant predictors of spontaneous resolution. ..
- Indraccolo U, Scutiero G, Matteo M, Mastricci A, Barone I, Greco P. Correlations between sonographically measured and actual incision site thickness of lower uterine segment after repeated caesarean section. Minerva Ginecol. 2015;67:225-9 pubmed
- Russo V, Rago A, Ciardiello C, Russo M, CalabrÃ² P, Politano L, et al. The Role of the Atrial Electromechanical Delay in Predicting Atrial Fibrillation in Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 Patients. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2016;27:65-72 pubmed publisher..Intraleft and inter-AEMD represent noninvasive, inexpensive, useful and simple parameters to assess the AF risk in DM1 patients. ..
- Altomare L, Riehle M, Gadegaard N, Tanzi M, Farè S. Microcontact printing of fibronectin on a biodegradable polymeric surface for skeletal muscle cell orientation. Int J Artif Organs. 2010;33:535-43 pubmed..The aim of this study is to develop an easy and versatile technique for in vitro production of arrays of skeletal muscle myofibers using microcontact printing technique on biodegradable substrata...
- Roccatello D, Sciascia S, Rossi D, Alpa M, Naretto C, Baldovino S, et al. Intensive short-term treatment with rituximab, cyclophosphamide and methylprednisolone pulses induces remission in severe cases of SLE with nephritis and avoids further immunosuppressive maintenance therapy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:3987-92 pubmed publisher
- Mussardo M, Latib A, Chieffo A, Godino C, Ielasi A, Cioni M, et al. Periprocedural and short-term outcomes of transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve implantation with the Sapien XT as compared with the Edwards Sapien valve. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011;4:743-50 pubmed publisher..2% of SXT and 76.3% of ESV. The new SXT valve has the same short-term performance as the ESV but seems to be associated with a lower risk of major vascular complications and thus has a broader clinical application. ..
- Rossi G, Gabbi E, Serra L. Acute hepatitis induced by cyclofenil: a case report. Ital J Gastroenterol. 1992;24:77-8 pubmed..The case is documented on the basis of liver histology and the exclusion of other causes of acute hepatitis. ..
- Plyte S, Boncristiano M, Fattori E, Galvagni F, Paccani S, Majolini M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel nuclear factor of activated T-cells-1 isoform expressed in mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14350-8 pubmed..NFAT1-D was, however, inducibly activated in a cyclosporin A-sensitive manner when expressed in T-cells, suggesting that the activity of NFAT proteins might be controlled by their specific cellular context. ..
- Franzini A, Ferroli P, Leone M, Broggi G. Stimulation of the posterior hypothalamus for treatment of chronic intractable cluster headaches: first reported series. Neurosurgery. 2003;52:1095-9; discussion 1099-101 pubmed..These data point to a central pathogenesis for chronic CHs. ..
- Salvioli R, Scarpa S, Ciaffoni F, Tatti M, Ramoni C, Vanier M, et al. Glucosylceramidase mass and subcellular localization are modulated by cholesterol in Niemann-Pick disease type C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17674-80 pubmed..These data show for the first time that the level of cholesterol modulates the interaction of GCase with its protein and lipid activators, namely Sap C and LBPA, regulating the GCase activity and stability. ..
- Palazzi M, Guzzo M, Bossi P, Tomatis S, Cerrotta A, Cantu G, et al. Regionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: long-term outcome after sequential chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Tumori. 2004;90:60-5 pubmed..To evaluate the long-term clinical outcome of 61 patients with regionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated with sequential chemotherapy and radiotherapy within a phase II trial...
- Carafa R, Marinov D, Dueri S, Wollgast J, Ligthart J, Canuti E, et al. A 3D hydrodynamic fate and transport model for herbicides in Sacca di Goro coastal lagoon (Northern Adriatic). Mar Pollut Bull. 2006;52:1231-48 pubmed..The simulation results of spatial and temporal dynamic behaviour of atrazine, simazine and terbuthylazine have been compared with experimental data obtained during an annual monitoring programme. ..
- Giganti F, Hayes M, Cioni G, Salzarulo P. Yawning frequency and distribution in preterm and near term infants assessed throughout 24-h recordings. Infant Behav Dev. 2007;30:641-7 pubmed..Between 31 and 40 weeks, yawn incidence significantly decreased mainly during the day. The marked decrease in yawn frequency with age may be related to the development of circadian and homeostatic control of sleep and wake. ..
- Beda M, Basso U, Ghiotto C, Monfardini S. When should trastuzumab be stopped after achieving complete response in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer patients?. Tumori. 2007;93:491-2 pubmed..In the absence of randomized trials, the optimal duration of trastuzumab administration after achieving complete remission of metastatic breast cancer remains questionable...
- Boscolo Berto R, Dal Moro F, Abate A, Arandjelovic G, Tosato F, Bassi P. Do weather conditions influence the onset of renal colic? A novel approach to analysis. Urol Int. 2008;80:19-25 pubmed publisher..To investigate the seasonal variations of the incidence of renal colic by a computerized analysis of cyclic climatic features...
- Belcaro G, Rosaria Cesarone M, Ledda A, Cacchio M, Ruffini I, Ricci A, et al. O-(beta-hydroxyethyl)-rutosides systemic and local treatment in chronic venous disease and microangiopathy: an independent prospective comparative study. Angiology. 2008;59 Suppl 1:7S-13S pubmed publisher..05). No adverse effects, tolerability problems, or compliance issues are noted. These results indicate an important role of HR in the treatment and control of CVI and venous microangiopathy. ..
- Marino M, Scuderi F, Provenzano C, Scheller J, Rose John S, Bartoccioni E. IL-6 regulates MCP-1, ICAM-1 and IL-6 expression in human myoblasts. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;196:41-8 pubmed publisher..These in vitro data support the hypothesis that locally secreted IL-6 can target monocyte chemotaxis and leukocytes trafficking through an IL-6, MCP-1 and ICAM-1 modulation. ..