Experts and Doctors on thoracic neoplasms in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: thoracic neoplasms
- Conrad G, Sloan D, Sinha P. Detection of late chest wall recurrence of breast carcinoma during Tc-99m sestamibi parathyroid scintigraphy. Clin Nucl Med. 2003;28:408-9 pubmed
- Schiebler M, Ahuja J, Repplinger M, Francois C, Vigen K, Grist T, et al. Incidence of actionable findings on contrast enhanced magnetic resonance angiography ordered for pulmonary embolism evaluation. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1383-9 pubmed publisher..5). MRA as a first-line test for PE can identify actionable findings in those patients without PE, with an incidence similar to that reported in the literature for CTA. ..
- Conrad G, Sinha P. Narrow time-window dual-point 18F-FDG PET for the diagnosis of thoracic malignancy. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:1129-37 pubmed
- Tsao K, St Peter S, Sharp S, Nair A, Andrews W, Sharp R, et al. Current application of thoracoscopy in children. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2008;18:131-5 pubmed publisher..This subsequently resolved. In pediatric patients with thoracic pathology, thoracoscopy is highly effective for attaining the goal of the operation, with a low rate of conversion and complications. ..
- Burton A, Federico A, McMasters K. Elastofibroma: diagnosis and treatment of six cases. Am Surg. 2009;75:338-42 pubmed..The pathogenesis of this lesion is discussed, as recent evidence suggests a neoplastic origin to elastofibroma. Additionally, cellular changes occurring in elastofibroma may reflect the pathogenesis of other disorders of elastic fibers. ..
- Pranzatelli M, Tate E, Wheeler A, Bass N, Gold A, Griebel M, et al. Screening for autoantibodies in children with opsoclonus-myoclonus-ataxia. Pediatr Neurol. 2002;27:384-7 pubmed..They underscore the need to search for unique autoantibodies, as well as cellular mechanisms of pediatric paraneoplastic disease. ..
- Gertz R, Sarda R, Lloyd R. Follicular thyroid carcinoma presenting as a massive chest wall tumor. Endocr Pathol. 2013;24:20-4 pubmed publisher..Dedifferentiation and metastasis in the context of microcarcinoma is an exceptionally rare event and suggests other mechanisms may be involved in disease spread other than simply increased cell proliferation. ..
- Irshad A, Ravenel J. Imaging of small-cell lung cancer. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2004;33:200-11 pubmed
- Seder C, Elhassan B, Wigle D. Manubrial-clavicular-chest wall explantation to expose the anterior thoracic inlet. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97:350-2 pubmed publisher..This approach represents an alternative technique that provides excellent visualization of the entire anterior thoracic inlet. ..
- Chang J, Zhang X, Knopf A, Li H, Mori S, Dong L, et al. Consensus Guidelines for Implementing Pencil-Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Thoracic Malignancies on Behalf of the PTCOG Thoracic and Lymphoma Subcommittee. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:41-50 pubmed publisher..Active motion management (eg, breath hold), beam gating, rescanning, tracking, or adaptive planning may be needed for cases involving significant motion or changes in motion or anatomy over the course of treatment. ..
- Stein J, Boyes C, Costanza M, Amankwah K, Corpron C, Gahtan V. Bilateral lower extremity acute thromboembolism as first presentation for cancer in a child: an interesting report. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:2123-5 pubmed publisher..We discuss diagnosis of and treatment strategies for acute arterial thromboembolism in the pediatric population, as well as the rare cancer the patient was diagnosed with...
- Breunig J, Hernandez S, Lin J, Alsager S, Dumstorf C, Price J, et al. A system for continual quality improvement of normal tissue delineation for radiation therapy treatment planning. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83:e703-8 pubmed publisher..To implement the "plan-do-check-act" (PDCA) cycle for the continual quality improvement of normal tissue contours used for radiation therapy treatment planning...
- Abbas A, Deschamps C, Cassivi S, Nichols F, Allen M, Schleck C, et al. Chest-wall desmoid tumors: results of surgical intervention. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:1219-23; discussion 1219-23 pubmed..We are analyzing our experience with treatment of desmoid tumors of the chest wall and adjacent structures...
- Allen C, Muthusamy N, Weisbrode S, Hong J, Wu L. Developmental anomalies and neoplasia in animals and cells deficient in the large zinc finger protein KRC. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002;35:287-98 pubmed..We propose that KRC may be a previously unidentified tumor-suppresser gene. ..
- Si M, Amersi F, Golish S, Ortiz J, Zaky J, Finklestein D, et al. Prevalence of metastases in hepatocellular carcinoma: risk factors and impact on survival. Am Surg. 2003;69:879-85 pubmed..Poor differentiation, larger tumors, and those with multilobar spread have increased risk for metastasis. Patients with thoracic spread have poor prognosis as compared to other locations of metastasis...