Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on th1 cells in Taiwan
Topic: th1 cells
- Lin Y, Liang Y, Chiang B. Placental growth factor down-regulates type 1 T helper immune response by modulating the function of dendritic cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:1473-80 pubmed..PlGF might play a major role in the pathogenesis of tumors and act as an effector molecule to skew T cell response to the Th2 phenotype, which might be more beneficial for pregnancy. ..
- Tain Y, Chen T, Yang K. Implications of serum TNF-beta and IL-13 in the treatment response of childhood nephrotic syndrome. Cytokine. 2003;21:155-9 pubmed..Thus, an altered Th1/Th2 reaction as demonstrated by TNF-beta/IL-13 imbalance may play a pathophysiologic role in childhood NS. ..
- Chen S, Wang Y, Lo W, Wu C, Hsieh C, Huang C, et al. Erythropoietin enhances endogenous haem oxygenase-1 and represses immune responses to ameliorate experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;162:210-23 pubmed..Together, our data show that in EAE, EPO induction of endogenous HO-1 and modulation of adaptive immunity both centrally and peripherally may involve the repression of inflammatory responses. ..
- Chen Y, Chen M. Effects of Lactobacillus kefiranofaciens M1 isolated from kefir grains on germ-free mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78789 pubmed publisher..However, L. kefiranofaciens M1 failed to colonize the host. Thus it would seem that L. kefiranofaciens M1 is likely to act directly on the host and not be involved in microbiota regulation. ..
- Huang C, Liu D, Jan T. Diosgenin, a plant-derived sapogenin, enhances regulatory T-cell immunity in the intestine of mice with food allergy. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1033-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the suppressive effect of 1 on allergen-induced intestinal Th2 responses is closely associated with an up-regulation of the regulatory T-cell immunity in the inflammatory site. ..
- Wu T, Lin K, Chang Y, Huang J, Cheng J, Yu A, et al. Avidity of CD1d-ligand-receptor ternary complex contributes to T-helper 1 (Th1) polarization and anticancer efficacy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17275-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study provides a key to the rational design of Th1 biased CD1d reactive glycolipids in the future. ..
- Jen H, Chuang Y, Lin S, Chiang B, Yang Y. Increased serum interleukin-17 and peripheral Th17 cells in children with acute Henoch-Schönlein purpura. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2011;22:862-8 pubmed publisher..The increased frequency of peripheral Th17 cells and serum IL-17 levels are shown in childhood HSP that may in part contribute to vascular inflammation, suggesting cellular immunity is likely to be involved in the process of HSP. ..
- Chen J, Chang L, Wu C, Tseng T, Lin J, Lin Y, et al. Significance of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor in the progression of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in clinical and mouse models. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:24 pubmed publisher..A deficiency of uPA accelerated the progression of Adriamycin-induced mouse FSGS model. Decrease of serum uPA levels may be an indicator of the progression of FSGS in clinical subjects and animal models. ..
- Wu Y, Tsai H, Lin W, Hsu P, Shun C, Wu M, et al. Upregulation of CCL20 and recruitment of CCR6+ gastric infiltrating lymphocytes in Helicobacter pylori gastritis. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4357-63 pubmed..Our results suggest that the interaction between CCL20 and CCR6 may play a role in chemokine-mediated lymphocyte trafficking during gastric inflammation in Helicobacter infection. ..
- Hu C, Lin H, Chiang M, Chang P, Chau L. Systemic expression of heme oxygenase-1 ameliorates type 1 diabetes in NOD mice. Diabetes. 2007;56:1240-7 pubmed..CO appears to mediate at least partly the beneficial effect of HO-1 in this disease setting. ..
- Lin Y, Lee S, Hou S, Chiang B. Polysaccharide purified from Ganoderma lucidum induces gene expression changes in human dendritic cells and promotes T helper 1 immune response in BALB/c mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:637-44 pubmed..Furthermore, the results also demonstrate that the data from microarray analysis could be correlated with the in vivo effect of the immune-enhancing compound...
- Chen S, Chu M, Wang C, Liao C, Hsieh S, Sytwu H, et al. Kinetic Th1/Th2 responses of transgenic mice with bacterial meningitis induced by Haemophilus influenzae. Clin Sci (Lond). 2006;111:253-63 pubmed..In conclusion, the preferential Th1/Th2 trend in this murine model of NTHi meningitis is correlated with clinical severity as well as isolated characteristics of the pathogens themselves...
- Hsu T, Wu Y, Chang Y, Yang C, Lai M, Su W, et al. Attenuation of Th1 response in decoy receptor 3 transgenic mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:5135-45 pubmed..This suggests that DcR3 might help tumor growth by attenuating the Th1 response and suppressing cell-mediated immunity. ..
- Sung H, Juang J, Lin Y, Kuo C, Hung J, Chen A, et al. Transgenic expression of decoy receptor 3 protects islets from spontaneous and chemical-induced autoimmune destruction in nonobese diabetic mice. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1143-51 pubmed..We have demonstrated for the first time that the immune-evasion function of DCR3 inhibits autoimmunity and that genetic manipulation of grafts may improve the success and survival of islet transplants. ..
- Yu H, Chang J, Chen R, Chuang H, Hong K, Wang L, et al. Different antigens trigger different Th1/Th2 reactions in neonatal mononuclear cells (MNCs) relating to T-bet/GATA-3 expression. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;74:952-8 pubmed..These results suggest that different antigens trigger various Th1/Th2 reactions in PBMC and CBMC resulting from kinetic changes of T-bet/GATA-3 expression. ..
- Tsao H, Tai T, Tseng W, Chang H, Grenningloh R, Miaw S, et al. Ets-1 facilitates nuclear entry of NFAT proteins and their recruitment to the IL-2 promoter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15776-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ets-1 promotes the expression of IL-2 by modulating the activity of NFAT. ..
- Huang Y, Wen C, Chen Y, Huang W, Huang L, Lin W, et al. Dietary uptake of Wedelia chinensis extract attenuates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64152 pubmed publisher..General safety and the effect of different extraction methods on the bioactivity of W. chinensis were also explored...
- Gu S, Yeh T, Lin S, Peng F. Unfractionated bone marrow cells attenuate paraquat-induced glomerular injury and acute renal failure by modulating the inflammatory response. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23287 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a platform to investigate PQ-induced AKI and repeated BMCs injection represents an efficient therapeutic strategy...
- Tsai M, Jan R, Lin C, Kuo C, Yang S, Chen H, et al. Suppressive effects of imidapril on Th1- and Th2-related chemokines in monocytes. J Investig Med. 2011;59:1141-6 pubmed publisher..Its suppressive effect on TNF-?, I-309, and IP-10 may, at least in part, involve the down-regulation of LPS-induced MKK4-JNK-c-Jun expression. ..
- Hong W, Chen Y, Chen M. The antiallergic effect of kefir Lactobacilli. J Food Sci. 2010;75:H244-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that Lactobacillus kefiranofaciens M1 may have a great potential for utilization in functional food products. ..
- Chou F, Shieh S, Sytwu H. Attenuation of Th1 response through galectin-9 and T-cell Ig mucin 3 interaction inhibits autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2403-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that gal-9 may downregulate Th1 immune response in NOD mice and could be used as a therapeutic target in autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Lin Y, Liang Y, Tseng Y, Huang H, Chou S, Hseu R, et al. An immunomodulatory protein, Ling Zhi-8, induced activation and maturation of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells by the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:877-89 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our experiments demonstrated that rLZ-8 can effectively promote the activation and maturation of immature DCs, preferring a Th1 response, suggesting that rLZ-8 may possess a potential effect in regulating immune responses...
- Chen J, Chiu H, Hsu C, Liu C, Hsieh P, Miaw S, et al. Low-energy visible light irradiation modulates immune responses induced by epicutaneous sensitization with protein antigen. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2258-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide evidence for immunomodulatory effects of LEVL irradiation and will help us develop a useful strategy for prevention of allergen sensitization. ..
- Cheng P, Hsu C, Chen C, Lee K. In vivo immunomodulatory effects of Antrodia camphorata polysaccharides in a T1/T2 doubly transgenic mouse model for inhibiting infection of Schistosoma mansoni. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;227:291-8 pubmed..mansoni in BALB/C and C57BL/6 mice. AC-PS appears to influence the immune system of mice into developing Th1 responses and have potential for preventing infection with S. mansoni. ..
- Wang I, Fan P, Lu S, Fan C, Su K. Suppression of host Th1-type granulomatous inflammation by Taenia solium metacestodes is related to down-regulation of osteopontin gene expression. Int J Parasitol. 2008;38:239-48 pubmed..These findings suggest that the suppression of host Th1-type granulomatous inflammation by ES products from T. solium metacestodes is related to down-regulation of OPN gene expression...
- Yeh C, Hsu C, Yeh S, Chen W. Dietary glutamine supplementation modulates Th1/Th2 cytokine and interleukin-6 expressions in septic mice. Cytokine. 2005;31:329-34 pubmed..This change may reverse the Th2 type response to a more-balanced Th1/Th2 response during sepsis. ..