Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on testosterone in Turkey
- Bahceci M, Bilge M, Tuzcu A, Tuzcu S, Bahceci S. Serum prostate specific antigen levels in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and the effect of flutamide+desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol combination. J Endocrinol Invest. 2004;27:353-6 pubmed..There is a positive correlation among FGS, FAI and PSA levels; 3. Serum PSA levels decrease with antiandrogen treatment; 4. Serum PSA measurement might be a marker for hirsutism. ..
- Akdogan M, Tamer M, Cure E, Cüre M, Koroglu B, Delibas N. Effect of spearmint (Mentha spicata Labiatae) teas on androgen levels in women with hirsutism. Phytother Res. 2007;21:444-7 pubmed..Spearmint can be an alternative to antiandrogenic treatment for mild hirsutism. Further studies are needed to test the reliability of these results and the availability of spearmint as a drug for hirsutism...
- Türk G, Sonmez M, Aydin M, Yuce A, Gür S, Yuksel M, et al. Effects of pomegranate juice consumption on sperm quality, spermatogenic cell density, antioxidant activity and testosterone level in male rats. Clin Nutr. 2008;27:289-96 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that PJ consumption improves sperm quality and antioxidant activity of rats. ..
- Ilbey Y, Ozbek E, Cekmen M, Simsek A, Otunctemur A, Somay A. Protective effect of curcumin in cisplatin-induced oxidative injury in rat testis: mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappa B signaling pathways. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:1717-25 pubmed publisher..MAPK and NF-kB activation have a significant role in CIS-induced testicular toxicity. CMN has a strong potential for use as a therapeutic adjuvant in CIS gonadotoxicity. ..
- Yilmaz M, Yurtcu E, Demirci H, Ergun M, Ersoy R, Karakoc A, et al. Calpain 10 gene single-nucleotide 44 polymorphism may have an influence on clinical and metabolic features in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. J Endocrinol Invest. 2009;32:13-7 pubmed..The findings show that Calpain 10 gene SNP 44 allele polymorphism may have a role in PCOS pathogenesis. However, larger-scale studies are needed in this field. ..
- Yilmaz M, Ergun M, Karakoc A, Yurtcu E, Cakir N, Arslan M. Pro12Ala polymorphism of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2006;22:336-42 pubmed..We suggest that Pro12Ala polymorphism of the PPAR-gamma gene may be a modifier of insulin resistance in women with PCOS. ..
- Ozen O, Akpolat N, Songur A, Kus I, Zararsiz I, Ozacmak V, et al. Effect of formaldehyde inhalation on Hsp70 in seminiferous tubules of rat testes: an immunohistochemical study. Toxicol Ind Health. 2005;21:249-54 pubmed..In conclusion, FA gas may damage spermatogenetic cells and increase Hsp70 synthesis...
- Hilali N, Vural M, Camuzcuoglu H, Camuzcuoglu A, Aksoy N. Increased prolidase activity and oxidative stress in PCOS. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013;79:105-10 pubmed publisher..It might be hypothesized that elevated serum prolidase activity and oxidative stress may be associated with increased cardiovascular risk in PCOS and/or menstrual irregularities associated with this syndrome. ..
- Akdogan M, Ozguner M, Kocak A, Oncu M, Cicek E. Effects of peppermint teas on plasma testosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone levels and testicular tissue in rats. Urology. 2004;64:394-8 pubmed..We performed this study because of major complaints in our area from men about the adverse effects of these herbs on male reproductive function...
- Vural H, Koenhemsi L, Gonul R, Yardibi H, Gulyasar T, Or E, et al. Effects of isoxsuprine hydrochloride on electrocardiographic and trace element status in sheeps. J Pak Med Assoc. 2016;66:938-42 pubmed..To study the effect of isoxsuprine hydrochloride on the ischaemic electrocardiographic change and trace element status in sheep...