Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on testis in Canada
- Ruan Y, Cheng M, Ou Y, Oko R, van der Hoorn F. Ornithine decarboxylase antizyme Oaz3 modulates protein phosphatase activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29417-27 pubmed publisher..This is, to our knowledge, the first demonstration of a novel activity for an Oaz-encoded protein. ..
- Gyamera Acheampong C, Mbikay M. Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 4 in mammalian fertility: a review. Hum Reprod Update. 2009;15:237-47 pubmed publisher..Alterations of PCSK4 expression or activity could be the underlying cause of some unexplained cases of human infertility. Conversely, inactivation of this protease represents a potential strategy for non-hormonal contraception. ..
- Al Katib W, Dennis S. Pathological changes in accessory sex organs of rams following experimental infection with Actinobacillus seminis. N Z Vet J. 2008;56:319-25 pubmed publisher..To investigate and assess the susceptibility, lesions and route of dissemination in the accessory sex organs of young rams experimentally infected with Actinobacillus seminis...
- Cui S, Ross A, Stallings N, Parker K, Capel B, Quaggin S. Disrupted gonadogenesis and male-to-female sex reversal in Pod1 knockout mice. Development. 2004;131:4095-105 pubmed..Our results establish that Pod1 is essential for gonadal development, and place it in a transcriptional network that orchestrates cell fate decisions in gonadal progenitors. ..
- Duguay Y, Lapointe A, Lavallee B, Hum D, Rivest S. Cloning of murine TReP-132, a novel transcription factor expressed in brain regions involved in behavioral and psychiatric disorders. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:39-49 pubmed..The molecular cloning and the highly specific expression of mTReP-132 across the brain further consolidate the hypothesis that this tissue is able to synthesize de novo steroids in a region-specific manner. ..
- Fleury A, Cloutier M, Ducharme L, Lefebvre A, Lehoux J, LeHoux J. Adrenocorticotropin regulates the level of the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein mRNA in hamster adrenals. Endocr Res. 1996;22:515-20 pubmed
- Trudeau V, Matzuk M, Hache R, Renaud L. Overexpression of activin-beta A subunit mRNA is associated with decreased activin type II receptor mRNA levels in the testes of alpha-inhibin deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:105-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that increased expression of activin is accompanied by a tissue specific reduction in the expression of its own receptor mRNA in vivo. ..
- Chin M, Li G. Tissue-specific regulation of checkpoint kinase 2 expression by p53. Exp Mol Pathol. 2003;75:131-6 pubmed..Similar Chk2 expression was observed in the brain, skin, spleen, and testis in p53(+/+) and p53(-/-) mice. These data indicate that p53 regulates Chk2 expression in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Modarressi M, Behnam B, Cheng M, Taylor K, Wolfe J, van der Hoorn F. Tsga10 encodes a 65-kilodalton protein that is processed to the 27-kilodalton fibrous sheath protein. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:608-15 pubmed..Our results suggest the possibility that Tsga10 plays a role in the sperm tail fibrous sheath. ..
- Boyer A, Lussier J, Sinclair A, McClive P, Silversides D. Pre-sertoli specific gene expression profiling reveals differential expression of Ppt1 and Brd3 genes within the mouse genital ridge at the time of sex determination. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:820-7 pubmed..We conclude that combining transgenically marked fluorescent cell populations with differential expression screening is useful for cell expression profiling in developmental systems such as sex determination and differentiation. ..
- Gizard F, Lavallee B, Dewitte F, Hum D. A novel zinc finger protein TReP-132 interacts with CBP/p300 to regulate human CYP11A1 gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33881-92 pubmed..Thus, these results together indicate the isolation of a novel zinc-finger transcriptional regulating protein of 132 kDa (TReP-132) involved in the regulation of P450scc gene expression. ..
- Frenette G, Sullivan R. Prostasome-like particles are involved in the transfer of P25b from the bovine epididymal fluid to the sperm surface. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;59:115-21 pubmed..P25b thus appears to be a marker of sperm epididymal maturation in bulls. ..
- Dufort I, Labrie F, Luu The V. Human types 1 and 3 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases: differential lability and tissue distribution. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:841-6 pubmed
- Pacey L, Doss L, Cifelli C, van der Kooy D, Heximer S, Hampson D. Genetic deletion of regulator of G-protein signaling 4 (RGS4) rescues a subset of fragile X related phenotypes in the FMR1 knockout mouse. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:563-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that tissue and cell-type specific differences in GPCR signaling and RGS function may contribute to the spectrum of phenotypic differences observed in FXS. ..
- Stros M, Nishikawa S, Dixon G. cDNA sequence and structure of a gene encoding trout testis high-mobility-group-1 protein. Eur J Biochem. 1994;225:581-91 pubmed..amp; Yoshida, M. (1992). J. Biol. Chem. 267, 6641-6645] suggesting the evolution of HMG-1 and HMG-2 genes from a common ancestor. ..
- Boer P, Adra C, Lau Y, McBurney M. The testis-specific phosphoglycerate kinase gene pgk-2 is a recruited retroposon. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:3107-12 pubmed..The pgk-2 gene may, then, be a transcribed retroposon. Thus, gene duplication by retroposition may have been used as a mechanism for evolutionary diversification. ..
- Chen Q, Pearlman R, Moens P. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA encoding a synaptonemal complex protein. Biochem Cell Biol. 1992;70:1030-8 pubmed..The protein shows no overall similarity to proteins of known function, nor is there similarity to protein sequences present in GenBank or EMBL data bases. ..
- Carpentier M, Guillemette C, Bailey J, Boileau G, Jeannotte L, DesGroseillers L, et al. Reduced fertility in male mice deficient in the zinc metallopeptidase NL1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4428-37 pubmed..Basic sperm parameters were also normal. Thus, our findings suggest that one of the roles of NL1 in mice is related to sperm function and that NL1 modulates the processes of fertilization and early embryonic development in vivo. ..
- Durocher F, Sanchez R, Ricketts M, Labrie Y, Laudet V, Simard J. Characterization of the guinea pig 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta5-Delta4-isomerase expressed in the adrenal gland and gonads. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;97:289-98 pubmed
- McBurney M, Yang X, Jardine K, Hixon M, Boekelheide K, Webb J, et al. The mammalian SIR2alpha protein has a role in embryogenesis and gametogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:38-54 pubmed..The phenotype of the sir2alpha null animals suggests that the SIR2alpha protein is essential for normal embryogenesis and for normal reproduction in both sexes. ..