Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on synaptic transmission in Germany
Topic: synaptic transmission
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Egorov A, Draguhn A. Development of coherent neuronal activity patterns in mammalian cortical networks: common principles and local hetereogeneity. Mech Dev. 2013;130:412-23 pubmed publisher..While some of the mechanisms underlying maturation of network activity have been elucidated much work remains to be done in order to fully understand the rules governing transition from immature to mature patterns of network activity. ..
- Watzke N, Rauen T, Bamberg E, Grewer C. On the mechanism of proton transport by the neuronal excitatory amino acid carrier 1. J Gen Physiol. 2000;116:609-22 pubmed..The apparent pK of the extracellular proton binding site is approximately 8. This value is shifted to approximately 6.5 when the substrate binding site is exposed to the cytoplasm. ..
- Krauss M, Kinuta M, Wenk M, De Camilli P, Takei K, Haucke V. ARF6 stimulates clathrin/AP-2 recruitment to synaptic membranes by activating phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase type Igamma. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:113-24 pubmed..These data suggest a model according to which activation of PIPKIgamma by ARF6-GTP facilitates clathrin-coated pit assembly at the synapse. ..
- Pape H, Narayanan R, Smid J, Stork O, Seidenbecher T. Theta activity in neurons and networks of the amygdala related to long-term fear memory. Hippocampus. 2005;15:874-80 pubmed..Synchronization at theta frequencies is suggested to represent activity in amygdalo-hippocampal pathways associated with system consolidation of fear memory, which is supported by the cholinergic system. ..
- Hoheisel U, Unger T, Mense S. Sensitization of rat dorsal horn neurons by NGF-induced subthreshold potentials and low-frequency activation. A study employing intracellular recordings in vivo. Brain Res. 2007;1169:34-43 pubmed..m. The data demonstrate that low-frequency activation or even subthreshold potentials in dorsal horn neurons evoked by unmyelinated muscle afferents are an effective means of sensitizing these neurons. ..
- Pecka M, Brand A, Behrend O, Grothe B. Interaural time difference processing in the mammalian medial superior olive: the role of glycinergic inhibition. J Neurosci. 2008;28:6914-25 pubmed publisher..Hence tonic glycine application experimentally decoupled the effect of inhibition from the timing of its inputs. We conclude that, for proper ITD processing, not only is inhibition necessary, but it must also be precisely timed. ..
- Nimmrich V, Reymann K, Strassburger M, Schöder U, Gross G, Hahn A, et al. Inhibition of calpain prevents NMDA-induced cell death and beta-amyloid-induced synaptic dysfunction in hippocampal slice cultures. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;159:1523-31 pubmed publisher..We suggest that inhibition of calpain exhibits a promising strategy to address several aspects of the pathology of AD that may go beyond the available therapeutic intervention by memantine. ..
- Urbanski M, Kovacs F, Szabo B. Endocannabinoid-mediated synaptically evoked suppression of GABAergic transmission in the cerebellar cortex. Neuroscience. 2010;169:1268-78 pubmed publisher..The produced endocannabinoid, in turn, suppresses the GABAergic synaptic input to the neuron by activating CB(1) cannabinoid receptors. ..
- Klatte K, Kirschstein T, Otte D, Pothmann L, Müller L, Tokay T, et al. Impaired D-serine-mediated cotransmission mediates cognitive dysfunction in epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2013;33:13066-80 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that d-serine deficiency is important in the amnestic symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy. Our results point to a possible clinical utility of d-serine to alleviate these disease manifestations. ..
- Schmidt M. Distribution of presumptive chemosensory afferents with FMRFamide- or substance P-like immunoreactivity in decapod crustaceans. Brain Res. 1997;746:71-84 pubmed..The substance P-like immunoreactivity suggests a link with the nociceptor afferents of vertebrates, with which both classes of afferents share several other morphological features. ..
- Kleppisch T, Pfeifer A, Klatt P, Ruth P, Montkowski A, Fassler R, et al. Long-term potentiation in the hippocampal CA1 region of mice lacking cGMP-dependent kinases is normal and susceptible to inhibition of nitric oxide synthase. J Neurosci. 1999;19:48-55 pubmed..These results show that cGKs are not involved in LTP in mice and that NO induces LTP through an alternative cGMP-independent pathway, possibly ADP-ribosylation. ..
- Schmidt J, Fischer H, Buschges A. Pattern generation for walking and searching movements of a stick insect leg. II. Control of motoneuronal activity. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:354-61 pubmed..Consistent with this observation, only fast flexor motoneurons developed a depolarizing sag potential when hyperpolarized by injection of constant negative current...
- Barthel H, Hermann W, Kluge R, Hesse S, Collingridge D, Wagner A, et al. Concordant pre- and postsynaptic deficits of dopaminergic neurotransmission in neurologic Wilson disease. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003;24:234-8 pubmed..These results could be relevant in therapeutic decision making in patients with this copper deposition disorder. ..
- Arendt T, Gärtner U, Seeger G, Barmashenko G, Palm K, Mittmann T, et al. Neuronal activation of Ras regulates synaptic connectivity. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:2953-66 pubmed..We conclude that neuronal Ras is a common switch of plasticity in adult mammalian brain sculpturing neuronal architecture and synaptic connectivity in concert with tuning synaptic efficacy. ..
- Altrup U. Epileptogenicity and epileptic activity: mechanisms in an invertebrate model nervous system. Curr Drug Targets. 2004;5:473-84 pubmed..Two following chapters concern neuronal structures and neuronal functions affected by epileptiform activity, and in the final chapter the mechanisms underlying epileptiform activities are described. ..
- Görlich A, Illy M, Friauf E, Wagner H, Luksch H, Lohrke S. Development of the delay lines in the nucleus laminaris of the chicken embryo revealed by optical imaging. Neuroscience. 2010;168:564-72 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, a clear alpha-MAG immunoreactivity occurred at E18. Our results therefore describe the developmental physiological properties of the delay line in the chicken embryo. ..
- Augustin I, Korte S, Rickmann M, Kretzschmar H, Sudhof T, Herms J, et al. The cerebellum-specific Munc13 isoform Munc13-3 regulates cerebellar synaptic transmission and motor learning in mice. J Neurosci. 2001;21:10-7 pubmed..This, in turn, would lead to increases in paired-pulse facilitation and could contribute to the observed deficit in motor learning. ..
- Haverkamp S, Michalakis S, Claes E, Seeliger M, Humphries P, Biel M, et al. Synaptic plasticity in CNGA3(-/-) mice: cone bipolar cells react on the missing cone input and form ectopic synapses with rods. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5248-55 pubmed..Our data indicate that the formation of ectopic bipolar cell synapses in the outer plexiform layer requires a functional presynaptic photoreceptor. ..
- Hirth I, Deitmer J. 5-Hydroxytryptamine-mediated increase in glutamate uptake by the leech giant glial cell. Glia. 2006;54:786-94 pubmed..Our results suggest that 5-HT enhances the glial uptake of glutamate via cAMP- and PKA-mediated pathway...
- Milenkovic I, Witte M, Turecek R, Heinrich M, Reinert T, Rubsamen R. Development of chloride-mediated inhibition in neurons of the anteroventral cochlear nucleus of gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus). J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:1634-44 pubmed
- Nimmrich V, Grimm C, Draguhn A, Barghorn S, Lehmann A, Schoemaker H, et al. Amyloid beta oligomers (A beta(1-42) globulomer) suppress spontaneous synaptic activity by inhibition of P/Q-type calcium currents. J Neurosci. 2008;28:788-97 pubmed publisher..Selective enhancement of the P/Q calcium current may provide a promising strategy in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Schapitz I, Behrend B, Pechmann Y, Lappe Siefke C, Kneussel S, Wallace K, et al. Neuroligin 1 is dynamically exchanged at postsynaptic sites. J Neurosci. 2010;30:12733-44 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest the concept that synaptic plasticity regulates neuroligin turnover through active cytoskeleton transport...
- Tom Dieck S, Specht D, Strenzke N, Hida Y, Krishnamoorthy V, Schmidt K, et al. Deletion of the presynaptic scaffold CAST reduces active zone size in rod photoreceptors and impairs visual processing. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12192-203 pubmed..This was also observed by optometry, which, moreover, revealed reduced visual acuity. We conclude that CAST supports large active zone size and high rates of transmission at rod ribbon synapses, which are required for normal vision. ..
- Wiegert J, Oertner T. Long-term depression triggers the selective elimination of weakly integrated synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E4510-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LTD initially leads to homogeneous depression of synaptic function, followed by selective removal of unreliable synapses and recovery of function in the persistent fraction. ..
- Haas B, Schipke C, Peters O, Sohl G, Willecke K, Kettenmann H. Activity-dependent ATP-waves in the mouse neocortex are independent from astrocytic calcium waves. Cereb Cortex. 2006;16:237-46 pubmed..Our findings indicate that astrocytes propagate calcium signals by two separate mechanisms depending on the brain region and that ATP release can propagate within the neocortex independent from calcium waves. ..
- Steffens M, Huppertz H, Zentner J, Chauzit E, Feuerstein T. Unchanged glutamine synthetase activity and increased NMDA receptor density in epileptic human neocortex: implications for the pathophysiology of epilepsy. Neurochem Int. 2005;47:379-84 pubmed..However, the detection of a significantly reduced enzymatic activity in the epileptic amygdala supports the assumption that the enzyme defect is localized to the epileptic mesial temporal lobe of corresponding patients. ..
- Loebel A, Le Bé J, Richardson M, Markram H, Herz A. Matched pre- and post-synaptic changes underlie synaptic plasticity over long time scales. J Neurosci. 2013;33:6257-66 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ongoing synaptic plasticity results in matched presynaptic and postsynaptic modifications, in which elementary modules that span the synaptic cleft are added or removed as a function of experience. ..
- Schaefer N, Berger A, van Brederode J, Zheng F, Zhang Y, Leacock S, et al. Disruption of a Structurally Important Extracellular Element in the Glycine Receptor Leads to Decreased Synaptic Integration and Signaling Resulting in Severe Startle Disease. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7948-7961 pubmed publisher..The GlyR β8-β9 loop is therefore an essential regulator of conformational rearrangements during ion channel opening and closing. ..
- Dorlöchter M, Irintchev A, Brinkers M, Wernig A. Effects of enhanced activity on synaptic transmission in mouse extensor digitorum longus muscle. J Physiol. 1991;436:283-92 pubmed..As a consequence, the safety margin of transmission in trained EDL muscles is markedly elevated. ..
- Melzig J, Burg M, Gruhn M, Pak W, Buchner E. Selective histamine uptake rescues photo- and mechanoreceptor function of histidine decarboxylase-deficient Drosophila mutant. J Neurosci. 1998;18:7160-6 pubmed..We therefore speculate that histamine of intrinsic neurons may function as a neuromodulator rather than as a fast transmitter. ..
- O CONNOR V, El Far O, Bofill Cardona E, Nanoff C, Freissmuth M, Karschin A, et al. Calmodulin dependence of presynaptic metabotropic glutamate receptor signaling. Science. 1999;286:1180-4 pubmed..These results reveal a novel mechanism of presynaptic modulation in which Ca(2+)-calmodulin is required to release G protein betagamma subunits from the C-tail of group III mGluRs in order to mediate glutamatergic autoinhibition. ..
- Schmidt M, Sudkamp S, Wahle P. Characterization of pretectal-nuclear-complex afferents to the pulvinar in the cat. Exp Brain Res. 2001;138:509-19 pubmed
- Wölfel M, Schneggenburger R. Presynaptic capacitance measurements and Ca2+ uncaging reveal submillisecond exocytosis kinetics and characterize the Ca2+ sensitivity of vesicle pool depletion at a fast CNS synapse. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7059-68 pubmed..Submillisecond kinetics of exocytosis are reached at significantly lower [Ca2+]i than at ribbon-type sensory synapses previously investigated by capacitance measurements. ..
- Benninger F, Beck H, Wernig M, Tucker K, Brüstle O, Scheffler B. Functional integration of embryonic stem cell-derived neurons in hippocampal slice cultures. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7075-83 pubmed..Thus, ES cell-derived neural precursors generate functionally active neurons capable of integrating into the brain circuitry. ..
- Feil R, Hartmann J, Luo C, Wolfsgruber W, Schilling K, Feil S, et al. Impairment of LTD and cerebellar learning by Purkinje cell-specific ablation of cGMP-dependent protein kinase I. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:295-302 pubmed..These results indicate that cGKI in PCs is dispensable for general motor coordination, but that it is required for cerebellar LTD and specific forms of motor learning, namely the adaptation of the VOR. ..
- Müller M, von Hünerbein K, Hoidis S, Smolders J. A physiological place-frequency map of the cochlea in the CBA/J mouse. Hear Res. 2005;202:63-73 pubmed..The simple logarithmic place-frequency relation found in the mouse indicates that mice are acoustic generalists rather than specialists. ..
- Eulenburg V, Armsen W, Betz H, Gomeza J. Glycine transporters: essential regulators of neurotransmission. Trends Biochem Sci. 2005;30:325-33 pubmed..Selective GlyT inhibitors could be of therapeutic value in cognitive disorders, schizophrenia and pain. ..
- Shimshek D, Jensen V, Celikel T, Geng Y, Schupp B, Bus T, et al. Forebrain-specific glutamate receptor B deletion impairs spatial memory but not hippocampal field long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8428-40 pubmed
- Schröder U, Muller T, Schreiber R, Stolle A, Zuschratter W, Balschun D, et al. The potent non-competitive mGlu1 receptor antagonist BAY 36-7620 differentially affects synaptic plasticity in area cornu ammonis 1 of rat hippocampal slices and impairs acquisition in the water maze task in mice. Neuroscience. 2008;157:385-95 pubmed publisher..Drug- and vehicle-treated groups showed comparable performance at day 5. Our data support a role for mGluR1 in LTP and in the acquisition of spatial memory. ..
- Hurlemann R, Schlaepfer T, Matusch A, Reich H, Shah N, Zilles K, et al. Reduced 5-HT(2A) receptor signaling following selective bilateral amygdala damage. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2009;4:79-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide important insights into the molecular architecture of human anxiety behaviors and suggest the 5-HT(2A) receptor as a promising pharmacological target to control pathological anxiety. ..
- Friauf E, Wenz M, Oberhofer M, Nothwang H, Balakrishnan V, Knipper M, et al. Hypothyroidism impairs chloride homeostasis and onset of inhibitory neurotransmission in developing auditory brainstem and hippocampal neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;28:2371-80 pubmed publisher..Hippocampal neurons of hypothyroid P16-17 rats also demonstrated an impaired Cl(-) homeostasis, indicating that TH may have promoted the D/H shift and maturation of synaptic inhibition throughout the brain. ..
- Strenzke N, Chanda S, Kopp Scheinpflug C, Khimich D, Reim K, Bulankina A, et al. Complexin-I is required for high-fidelity transmission at the endbulb of Held auditory synapse. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7991-8004 pubmed publisher..Although sound encoding in the cochlea proceeds in the absence of complexins, CPX I is required for faithful processing of sound onset and offset in the cochlear nucleus. ..
- Lange M, Doengi M, Lesting J, Pape H, Jüngling K. Heterosynaptic long-term potentiation at interneuron-principal neuron synapses in the amygdala requires nitric oxide signalling. J Physiol. 2012;590:131-43 pubmed publisher..This form of LTP at GABAergic synapses comprises a novel form of heterosynaptic plasticity within the BLA, apt to shape conditioned fear responses. ..
- Punnakkal P, Jendritza P, Köhr G. Influence of the intracellular GluN2 C-terminal domain on NMDA receptor function. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62:1985-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the CTDs of GluN2 subunits behave as constitutive structural elements required for normal functioning of NMDARs but are not involved in determining the subunit-specific gating properties of NMDARs. ..
- Gold M, Pul R, Bach J, Stangel M, Dodel R. Pathogenic and physiological autoantibodies in the central nervous system. Immunol Rev. 2012;248:68-86 pubmed publisher..The numerous actions of physiological autoantibodies as well as their regulation and origin are summarized in this review. ..
- Sigurdsson T. Neural circuit dysfunction in schizophrenia: Insights from animal models. Neuroscience. 2016;321:42-65 pubmed publisher..The relevance of these findings to the pathophysiology of the disease is discussed, as well as outstanding questions for future research. ..
- Storr M, Gaffal E, Saur D, Schusdziarra V, Allescher H. Effect of cannabinoids on neural transmission in rat gastric fundus. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2002;80:67-76 pubmed..The involved cannabinoid receptors are most likely located on neuronal structures. The present study also provides evidence that more than one receptor type is involved...
- Ahmadi S, Lippross S, Neuhuber W, Zeilhofer H. PGE(2) selectively blocks inhibitory glycinergic neurotransmission onto rat superficial dorsal horn neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:34-40 pubmed..Via this mechanism, PGE(2) may facilitate the transmission of nociceptive input through the spinal cord dorsal horn to higher brain areas where pain becomes conscious. ..
- Fritze J, Lanczik M, Sofic E, Struck M, Riederer P. Cholinergic neurotransmission seems not to be involved in depression but possibly in personality. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 1995;20:39-48 pubmed..Thus, the cholinergic supersensitivity in affective psychoses might be linked to a personality dimension like stress sensitivity rather than to the diagnostic category itself. ..
- Law J, Lee A, Sun M, Nikonenko A, Chung S, Dityatev A, et al. Decreased anxiety, altered place learning, and increased CA1 basal excitatory synaptic transmission in mice with conditional ablation of the neural cell adhesion molecule L1. J Neurosci. 2003;23:10419-32 pubmed
- Qin G, Schwarz T, Kittel R, Schmid A, Rasse T, Kappei D, et al. Four different subunits are essential for expressing the synaptic glutamate receptor at neuromuscular junctions of Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3209-18 pubmed..This study opens the way for a further characterization of in vivo glutamate receptor assembly and trafficking using the efficient genetics of Drosophila. ..
- Jüngling K, Seidenbecher T, Sosulina L, Lesting J, Sangha S, Clark S, et al. Neuropeptide S-mediated control of fear expression and extinction: role of intercalated GABAergic neurons in the amygdala. Neuron. 2008;59:298-310 pubmed publisher..These results identify mechanisms of NPS in the brain, a key role of intercalated neurons in the amygdala for fear extinction, and a potential pharmacological avenue for treating anxiety disorders. ..
- Oliver D, Brinkmann M, Sieger T, Thurm U. Hydrozoan nematocytes send and receive synaptic signals induced by mechano-chemical stimuli. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:2876-88 pubmed publisher..The results reveal that hydrozoan nematocytes act as bimodal sensory cells, signalling coincident chemical and mechanical stimuli indicative of prey, and receive signals from other nematocytes and sensory cells. ..
- Jedlicka P, Papadopoulos T, Deller T, Betz H, Schwarzacher S. Increased network excitability and impaired induction of long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus of collybistin-deficient mice in vivo. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;41:94-100 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provide the first evidence that Cb-deficiency leads to significant changes of GABAergic inhibition, network excitability and synaptic plasticity in vivo. ..
- Rinke I, Artmann J, Stein V. ClC-2 voltage-gated channels constitute part of the background conductance and assist chloride extrusion. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4776-86 pubmed publisher..In ClC-2 knock-out mice, an increased inhibition seemingly balances the hyperexcitability of the network and thereby prevents epilepsy. ..
- Salmen B, Beed P, Ozdogan T, Maier N, Johenning F, Winterer J, et al. GluK1 inhibits calcium dependent and independent transmitter release at associational/commissural synapses in area CA3 of the hippocampus. Hippocampus. 2012;22:57-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, analysis of miniature EPSCs in the presence and absence of extracellular Ca(2+) suggest that presynaptic KAR can also reduce transmitter release downstream and therefore independent of Ca(2+) influx. ..
- Oliver D, Klocker N, Schuck J, Baukrowitz T, Ruppersberg J, Fakler B. Gating of Ca2+-activated K+ channels controls fast inhibitory synaptic transmission at auditory outer hair cells. Neuron. 2000;26:595-601 pubmed..The results demonstrate fast coupling between an excitatory ionotropic neurotransmitter receptor and an inhibitory ion channel and imply rapid, localized changes in subsynaptic calcium levels. ..
- Eriksson K, Sergeeva O, Selbach O, Haas H. Orexin (hypocretin)/dynorphin neurons control GABAergic inputs to tuberomammillary neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:1278-84 pubmed..Thus, orexins excite TM neurons directly and by disinhibition, gated by dynorphin. These data might explain some of the neuropathology of narcolepsy. ..
- Morellini F, Lepsveridze E, Kähler B, Dityatev A, Schachner M. Reduced reactivity to novelty, impaired social behavior, and enhanced basal synaptic excitatory activity in perforant path projections to the dentate gyrus in young adult mice deficient in the neural cell adhesion molecule CHL1. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;34:121-36 pubmed
- Stocca G, Schmidt Hieber C, Bischofberger J. Differential dendritic Ca2+ signalling in young and mature hippocampal granule cells. J Physiol. 2008;586:3795-811 pubmed publisher..This will finally support differentiation and integration of young neurons into the hippocampal network. ..
- Mack T, Reiner M, Beirowski B, Mi W, Emanuelli M, Wagner D, et al. Wallerian degeneration of injured axons and synapses is delayed by a Ube4b/Nmnat chimeric gene. Nat Neurosci. 2001;4:1199-206 pubmed..Nmnat enzyme activity, but not NAD+ content, was increased fourfold in WldS tissues. Thus, axon protection is likely to be mediated by altered ubiquitination or pyridine nucleotide metabolism. ..
- Schmid S, Simons N, Schnitzler H. Cellular mechanisms of the trigeminally evoked startle response. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1438-44 pubmed..Synaptic plasticity and summation of synaptic currents correspond well with in vivo data previously published by other groups. We thus presume that these synapses mediate trigeminal input to the startle pathway. ..
- Kukley M, Stausberg P, Adelmann G, Chessell I, Dietrich D. Ecto-nucleotidases and nucleoside transporters mediate activation of adenosine receptors on hippocampal mossy fibers by P2X7 receptor agonist 2'-3'-O-(4-benzoylbenzoyl)-ATP. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7128-39 pubmed..Thus, the present study casts doubts on the neuronal localization of P2X7 receptors in rodent hippocampus. ..
- Jockusch W, Speidel D, Sigler A, S rensen J, Varoqueaux F, Rhee J, et al. CAPS-1 and CAPS-2 are essential synaptic vesicle priming proteins. Cell. 2007;131:796-808 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that CAPS proteins generate and maintain a highly fusion competent synaptic vesicle pool that supports phasic Ca(2+) triggered release of transmitters...
- Hegerl U, Gallinat J, Juckel G. Event-related potentials. Do they reflect central serotonergic neurotransmission and do they predict clinical response to serotonin agonists?. J Affect Disord. 2001;62:93-100 pubmed..Additionally, there is evidence from several studies with patients with affective disorders implicating a strong LDAEP as a predictor of favorable response to a preventive lithium treatment. ..
- Pette D. Historical Perspectives: plasticity of mammalian skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:1119-24 pubmed..Fiber-type transitions resulting from multiple qualitative and quantitative changes in gene expression occur sequentially in a regular order within a spectrum of pure and hybrid fiber types...
- Magerl W, Treede R. Secondary tactile hypoesthesia: a novel type of pain-induced somatosensory plasticity in human subjects. Neurosci Lett. 2004;361:136-9 pubmed
- Dehbandi S, Speckmann E, Pape H, Gorji A. Cortical spreading depression modulates synaptic transmission of the rat lateral amygdala. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:2057-65 pubmed publisher..The results indicate the disturbances of LA synaptic transmission triggered by propagation of CSD. This perturbation of LA synaptic transmission induced by CSD may relate to some symptoms occurring during migraine attacks. ..
- Betz H, Schuster C, Ultsch A, Schmitt B. Molecular biology of ionotropic glutamate receptors in Drosophila melanogaster. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 1993;14:428-31 pubmed
- Peñalva R, Flachskamm C, Zimmermann S, Wurst W, Holsboer F, Reul J, et al. Corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor type 1-deficiency enhances hippocampal serotonergic neurotransmission: an in vivo microdialysis study in mutant mice. Neuroscience. 2002;109:253-66 pubmed..These data provide further evidence for the intricate relationship between corticotropin-releasing hormone and serotonin and the important role of the CRH-R1 herein. ..
- Kramer M, Schulz Schaeffer W. Presynaptic alpha-synuclein aggregates, not Lewy bodies, cause neurodegeneration in dementia with Lewy bodies. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1405-10 pubmed..This concept may also be valid for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Vlachos A, Müller Dahlhaus F, Rosskopp J, Lenz M, Ziemann U, Deller T. Repetitive magnetic stimulation induces functional and structural plasticity of excitatory postsynapses in mouse organotypic hippocampal slice cultures. J Neurosci. 2012;32:17514-23 pubmed publisher..These results provide first experimental evidence that rMS induces coordinated functional and structural plasticity of excitatory postsynapses, which is consistent with a long-term potentiation of synaptic transmission. ..
- Fendt M, Schwienbacher I, Schnitzler H. Carbachol injections into the nucleus accumbens induce 50 kHz calls in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2006;401:10-5 pubmed..We hypothesize that acetylcholine transmission within the NAC plays an important role in the induction of those ultrasonic calls indicating an appetitive state. ..
- Kerr A, Reisinger E, Jonas P. Differential dependence of phasic transmitter release on synaptotagmin 1 at GABAergic and glutamatergic hippocampal synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15581-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, alternative fast Ca(2+) sensors contribute to synchronous release of the inhibitory transmitter GABA in cortical circuits. ..
- Knop G, Seeliger M, Thiel F, Mataruga A, Kaupp U, Friedburg C, et al. Light responses in the mouse retina are prolonged upon targeted deletion of the HCN1 channel gene. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;28:2221-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that in visual information processing, shortening and shaping of light responses by activation of HCN1 at the level of the photoreceptors is an important step in both scotopic and photopic pathways. ..
- Hallermann S, Silver R. Sustaining rapid vesicular release at active zones: potential roles for vesicle tethering. Trends Neurosci. 2013;36:185-94 pubmed publisher..We discuss potential mechanisms by which vesicle tethering could contribute to sustained high rates of vesicle fusion across ribbon-type, central, and neuromuscular synapses. ..
- Költgen D, Brinkmeier H, Jockusch H. Myotonia and neuromuscular transmission in the mouse. Muscle Nerve. 1991;14:775-80 pubmed..Because neuromuscular transmission is not involved in human myotonias, this result supports the use of myotonic mice as a model, at least for recessive generalized myotonia (Becker). ..
- Bonnet S, Akad D, Samaddar T, Liu Y, Huang X, Dong Y, et al. Synaptic state-dependent functional interplay between postsynaptic density-95 and synapse-associated protein 102. J Neurosci. 2013;33:13398-409 pubmed publisher..These results depict a protein domain-based multifunctional aspect of PSD-95 in regulating excitatory synaptic transmission and unveil a novel form of domain-based interplay between signaling scaffolds of the DLG-MAGUK family. ..
- Strekalova T, Sun M, Sibbe M, Evers M, Dityatev A, Gass P, et al. Fibronectin domains of extracellular matrix molecule tenascin-C modulate hippocampal learning and synaptic plasticity. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;21:173-87 pubmed..In summary, our data show that TN-C is involved in hippocampus-dependent contextual memory and synaptic plasticity and identify the FN6-8 domain as one of molecular determinants mediating these functions. ..
- Wojcik S, Katsurabayashi S, Guillemin I, Friauf E, Rosenmund C, Brose N, et al. A shared vesicular carrier allows synaptic corelease of GABA and glycine. Neuron. 2006;50:575-87 pubmed..Since GABA and glycine compete for vesicular uptake, these data point to a close association of Viaat with GABA-synthesizing enzymes as a key factor in specifying GABAergic neuronal phenotypes. ..
- Papadopoulos T, Korte M, Eulenburg V, Kubota H, Retiounskaia M, Harvey R, et al. Impaired GABAergic transmission and altered hippocampal synaptic plasticity in collybistin-deficient mice. EMBO J. 2007;26:3888-99 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that Cb is essential for gephyrin-dependent clustering of a specific set of GABA(A) receptors, but not required for glycine receptor postsynaptic localization. ..
- Liewald J, Brauner M, Stephens G, Bouhours M, Schultheis C, Zhen M, et al. Optogenetic analysis of synaptic function. Nat Methods. 2008;5:895-902 pubmed publisher..OptIoN facilitates the analysis of neurotransmission with high temporal precision, in a neurotransmitter-selective manner, possibly allowing future investigation of synaptic plasticity in C. elegans. ..
- Gauglitz S, Pflüger H. Cholinergic transmission via central synapses in the locust nervous system. J Comp Physiol A. 2001;187:825-36 pubmed..Glutamate also inhibits wind elicited A4I1 responses. Although attempts were made to further characterize the receptor involved, tested substances such as kainic acid, glycine, CNQX or GDEE had no effect...
- Petersen C. Short-term dynamics of synaptic transmission within the excitatory neuronal network of rat layer 4 barrel cortex. J Neurophysiol. 2002;87:2904-14 pubmed..Simulation of whisking-evoked activity suggests that short-term depression may provide a mechanism for enhancing the detection of objects within the whisker space...
- Liu X, Titz S, Lewen A, Misgeld U. KCC2 mediates NH4+ uptake in cultured rat brain neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2003;90:2785-90 pubmed..However, an impairment of neuronal function may result because KCC2 provides a pathway to accumulate NH4+, and thereby, a continuous acid load to neurons. ..